Miracle Girls: Out of Order IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A blank stare of Himeko's was all that followed her new moniker from Chiyoko, anger falling from her face in place of befuddlement. "S-Sae? Who?" she muttered to herself, but the situation had wound down for now with Akira heading back up the tree.

A short while later, another arrived. Himeko once again gave a wave and smile in greeting but it was dashed in moments. Once Akira had retreated back into the tree, Himeko went over to Nadia's side, nagging, "Ah, you're a mess! You'd think after the first time... Well, try a little harder not to get hurt, okay?" Letting out a light huff, she added, "And if you need anything, just ask. I'm Himeko." She finished with one more smile of greeting.

"Anyway, I'm not feeling particularly friendly right now. Everyone is probably better off with me up here." While Nadia disagreed, she decided to leave the demi-Goddess alone for now. "I'll what until you're in the mood the~n," Nadia lilted, looking up to Akira, "Although if you're hiding up there you might want to take care to conceal your panties better." With that Nadia leapt down from the tree, doing a twirl as she landed.

Himeko then rushed to Nadia's side, introducing herself. Nadia was impressed by how friendly this girl seemed to be- it wasn't easy to find people so nice these days. "Heya Himeko, I'm Nadia! I might need some cold water if you don't stop being such a sweetie." Beaming back at Himeko, Nadia leant a little closer to the girl.

Chiyoko shook her head at the antics around her, especially the flirting between Nadia and Akira. "For the love of...I haven't been around this much...." She struggled to find a word. "...pep...since I was in goddamn high school." She glowered at them all. "And the worst part is that I'm stuck with the lot of you." She jerked a thumb at the dozing Akira. "Little Nemo over there is gonna go explore Slumberland and none of us can get our old bodies back until we fulfill our contracts - without any other outs. The rest of you think that's not a little shifty? Che. The fate of the world, in the hands of a bunch of Sailor Scout wannabes and a demigod with nacrolepsy. Bet all the monsters in the world are quaking in their fuckin' boots...."

Akira is surprisingly unfazed when Nadia points out that she could see her panties due to the way she was sitting in the tree. She didn't even bother to adjust her position. Instead, she simply allows Nadia to go and introduce herself to the other girls. After all, she still had the embittered and cynical Chiyoko to address. Impassionately, "You can complain all you'd like, but there simply isn't anyone else in the world that has this power. Now that I've made you all miracle girls, all I'm good for is keeping you mobile. It doesn't make a difference if I'm awake or asleep. All that matters is that I enable every girl who can fight the chaos. Besides, you are never going to get your old body back, even if we save the entire world. The contract ends only with death. You will never reach adulthood. It is more likely that everyone here will be dead before that could have happened anyway. No amount of complaining will change that."

"Well, its about damn time you started telling us the truth, you little brat," Chiyoko hissed at Akira's words. She turned to the other miracle girls. "What do you think of that, huh? Stuck as kids forever. Fighting chaos. Probably all of us will die before we make any ground. Hell, demigod-chan over there even admits that even when we win, we lose - we'll never be normal again."

She was walking a circle around Akira, specifically looking at each of the other miracle girls in turn. "I mean, think about it, what's in it for any of us? Say you do save the world - nothing changes for any of us. We've been played. And saving the world? Big if. Big. Huge, even. Ten years, people have either fought, died, or fled chaos. No one's ever won yet. What chance do any of us have out there, even with these powers?"

Aleksandra decided she'd had enough. She stood up, slung her rifle over her shoulder, and angrily approached Chiyako. "Syad'te!" she shouted, giving the other Miracle Girl a heavy shove. "Don't you dare say another word in complaint. We all heard the terms of the contracts when we made them. You're not any different. To try and escape the contract is folly. And trying to sow dissension amongst us? Even worse." With that said, Aleksandra turned away from Chiyoko in disgust and faced the other girls, standing at ease. "I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Aleksandra Makarov. It is a pleasure to meet you all." She didn't attempt to put a smile on, keeping her face relatively blank except for a general look of dead seriousness. Old habits died hard, and all.

Zenshiro found himself not having to break up the fight between Himeko and Chiyoko. He sighed in relief as he waved to the new girls that came in. Though he was somewhat taken aback at Nadia's state. "Hey, you alright?" he asked worriedly, biting his lip. Although the worry immediately fled at the pantie comment. ...Really? was all he could think, nearly slapping his forehead and groaning. There was a shout and he turned to look to find the girl with the gun, Aleksandra, chastising Chiyoko with force. "Guys, can we stop the fighting?" he asked weakly, unable to think of a solution to the current problem.

"No one's ever won yet."

For a single instant, Kaoru's face twisted with agony and hatred, a murderous snarl tearing open her mouth as her brown eyes ignited furiously.

In the next instant, she turned away, closing her eyes. Another breeze picked up over the plains, and the young girl took in a deep breath, her back arcing slightly. A comfortable crick sounded from her spine, before she released that breath she held.

"I am Kasane…Kaoru. The fighting can stop once someone leaves."

Coraline

Coraline stayed quiet for a long while...It was difficult to tell what she was thinking, as her expression didn't seem to change at all... Her mind was obviously someplace else, or so it seemed as she nibbled on her cookies slowly. She seemed almost peacefull, in contrast to Chiyoko's rather worked up nature, and Akira's attempts to explain things to her, to no avail. There were many others that attempted to intervene, but alas, Coraline might just be one of the last.

Carefully, she got herself up off the ground, dusting herself off with her free hand, while the other held a lone biscuit, as she decided to approach Chiyoko, though it wasn't clear if this was directly due to the question she had asked them.

"I don't mind..." She said simply, in an apparant response to Chiyoko's questions, despite it being delayed a little.

Her words trailed off a little as her expression seemed to grow more somber for a moment, like she was reflecting on something in her past, but, after a few moments... She smiled a little, giving way to her more... Innocent, and probably simpler nature as she held out the other biscuit she had taken from the picnic basket, offering it quietly to Chiyoko, a gesture of kindness... For seemingly no reason in particular.

Last edited:
Yui hummed happily as she skipped through the fields, huge smile on her face. Pushing past a wall of grass, she cocked her head, hearing some voices. She gazed up at the hill in front of her, noticing a few figures standing at the top together. The girl frowned.

She quickly reached the top, cheeks slightly flushed. Her eyes scanned the group of little girls curiously, looking all of them up and down. She grinned, satisfied.

A gentle breeze ruffled the edge of her skirt. She waited for everyone to notice her, and then smiled again, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear prettily. "Hi!" She greeted the group cheerfully, "I'm Yui, nice to meet you." She looked around again, innocent-looking eyes wide. "Ah..." She bit her lip, looking apologetic. "Am I late?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Don't you dare say another word in complaint," Aleksandra bit out at Chiyoko. "We all heard the terms of the contracts when we made them. You're not any different. To try and escape the contract is folly. And trying to sow dissension amongst us? Even worse." As the girl proceeded to introduce herself to the others, Chiyoko let out a morose, dry chuckle.

"Dissension? Please. Sowing dissension is a tactic to rip apart friends and allies," Chiyoko shot back. "None of us here are either. We're all cannon fodder to demigod-chan over there. Dead girls walking. Getting all buddy-buddy with each other isn't gonna change that, Simo Hayha."

Zenshiro tried to curtail the brewing discontent with, "Guys, can stop the fighting?"

Chiyoko laughed scathingly. "Hear that, girls? Blushing Virgin over here wants to stop the fighting. Che. That's what demigod-chan wants us here for!"

"The fighting can stop once someone leaves." Kaoru. Chiyoko had to admit, whatever trick the winged girl did with her voice, it was rather neat.

"Who's gonna make me, Gabriel?" Chiyoko strode right up to her, getting right into her face. "You?" She made a fist at her side. Chiyoko managed to crush stone and steel with her bare hands. What would her newfound strength do to flesh and bone, including superpowered flesh and bone? "I'd love to see you try...."

That was when Coraline stepped up, silently offering a picnic basket, clearly as a peace offering. The random act seemed to cut through the growing tension between Chiyoko and the others like a knife, only further enhanced when Yui arrived, bringing a sheepish, "Hi! I'm Yui, nice to meet you. Ah...Am I late?"

Chiyoko paused and glanced at Coraline's proffered picnic basket and Yui's wide, innocent eyes. It had been years since anyone offered her anything without a price on it, or had eyes that pristine.

By stepping in at just the right time, Coraline and Yui managed to do what even a demigod could not.

Chiyoko spun on a heel and stomped away from Kaoru. "Che. Next time, Gabriel." Her steps brought her back to Akira. "And you...you picked them?" She glanced at Coraline and Yui. "What the fuck is wrong with you? They're more innocent than a newborn. You're gonna toss them into a war and you're gonna end up getting them killed...or worse.... You could end up turning them into me. Hope you're ready for that, demigod-chan."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
"Heya Himeko, I'm Nadia! I might need some cold water if you don't stop being such a sweetie."

As Nadia leaned forwards, Himeko leaned back, eyes slightly widened behind her glasses, face stuck in a mild smile. "Wh-what?"

Before they could go on, Chiyoko raised the usual rancor, followed by Aleksandra making a bold entry, along with a number of the other stepping in. Glad no one was falling into Chiyoko's pace, Himeko couldn't help but to sigh in relief.

"You're gonna toss them into a war and you're gonna end up getting them killed...or worse.... You could end up turning them into me. Hope you're ready for that, demigod-chan."

Himeko's face curled into a frown. "Fat chance," she muttered. However, looking at Yui, standing there with the offering to Chiyoko in hand, Himeko briefly winced.

Being addressed as "Blushing Virgin" just made his face reddened. "Let's not talk about that," Zenshiro said, the blushing subsiding as Chiyoko got fired up, "Come on, you know what I mean!" His frown deepened as Chiyoko got in close and personal with Kaoru, and he would've said something else if she hadn't just suddenly backed off. At least, he thought it was sudden. Then he noticed that Coraline was holding out a biscuit. "Hey, where did you get that?" he asked, finally noticing the picnic basket. His eyes lit up. "Oh cool, food!" He began rummaging through the picnic basket, taking out a biscuit and chomping down on it with gusto.

Yui's brows furrowed, looking slightly annoyed that no one had bothered to introduce themselves to her. Her face lit up, however, when she saw the picnic basket. She hurried over happily, pausing when she saw that Zenshiro had apparently noticed the same thing.

She picked out a biscuit for herself, taking a bite. "I'm Yui," she introduced again to the other girl. "What's your name?"

"Ah!" She suddenly looked over to where Akira and Chiyoko were talking. "I should probably go say hi to Akira-chan first, right? I'll be back!" She started over, then stopped, realising something. "By the way, come find me if you ever need to patch up your clothes, okay? I've had lots of practice with that!" She flashed another smile at the girl, then made her way over to the tree.

"Hi, Akira-chan!" She called, "Is everyone here already? When are we going to start moving?"

Yui turned, noticing the other girl. "Sorry," she apologized, looking between her and Akira, "Were you guys talking? I didn't mean to interrupt..." Her worried look faded as she smiled at Chiyoko. "Oh, what's your name? I'm Yui, but you already know that, right?" She grabbed onto the girl's arm. "Hey, aren't you excited to start doing..." She paused thoughtfully, then smiled again. "Stuff?" She laughed. "I'm kind of nervous, to be honest."

Throughout the fighting Nadia stayed silent, not interfering at all. Only once the argument had mostly calmed down did Nadia speak up again. "Akira-chan? Is that the Goddess' name? I should've expected such a pretty name," Nadia gushed, "Oh, don't get jealous Himeko, your name's lovely too!" Nadia grinned at the frowning Himeko, trying to keep a relaxed stance.

However Nadia failed to stay like that, soon bouncing up to swing on a branch. "How much longer are we going to be stuck standing here, Aki-cutie?" With the arrival of Yui it looked like a crowd was forming, so they probably wouldn't have to wait much longer. Nadia inspected Yui from the branch she was swinging on for a moment, before her eyes rested on Himeko again.

"Don't you dare say another word in complaint," Aleksandra bit out at Chiyoko. "We all heard the terms of the contracts when we made them. You're not any different. To try and escape the contract is folly. And trying to sow dissension amongst us? Even worse." As the girl proceeded to introduce herself to the others, Chiyoko let out a morose, dry chuckle.

"Dissension? Please. Sowing dissension is a tactic to rip apart friends and allies," Chiyoko shot back. "None of us here are either. We're all cannon fodder to demigod-chan over there. Dead girls walking. Getting all buddy-buddy with each other isn't gonna change that, Simo Hayha."

Zenshiro tried to curtail the brewing discontent with, "Guys, can stop the fighting?"

Chiyoko laughed scathingly. "Hear that, girls? Blushing Virgin over here wants to stop the fighting. Che. That's what demigod-chan wants us here for!"

"The fighting can stop once someone leaves." Kaoru. Chiyoko had to admit, whatever trick the winged girl did with her voice, it was rather neat.

"Who's gonna make me, Gabriel?" Chiyoko strode right up to her, getting right into her face. "You?" She made a fist at her side. Chiyoko managed to crush stone and steel with her bare hands. What would her newfound strength do to flesh and bone, including superpowered flesh and bone? "I'd love to see you try...."

That was when Coraline stepped up, silently offering a picnic basket, clearly as a peace offering. The random act seemed to cut through the growing tension between Chiyoko and the others like a knife, only further enhanced when Yui arrived, bringing a sheepish, "Hi! I'm Yui, nice to meet you. Ah...Am I late?"

Chiyoko paused and glanced at Coraline's proffered picnic basket and Yui's wide, innocent eyes. It had been years since anyone offered her anything without a price on it, or had eyes that pristine.

By stepping in at just the right time, Coraline and Yui managed to do what even a demigod could not.

Chiyoko spun on a heel and stomped away from Kaoru. "Che. Next time, Gabriel." Her steps brought her back to Akira. "And you...you picked them?" She glanced at Coraline and Yui. "What the fuck is wrong with you? They're more innocent than a newborn. You're gonna toss them into a war and you're gonna end up getting them killed...or worse.... You could end up turning them into me. Hope you're ready for that, demigod-chan."
Coraline

Coraline blinked once, twice... Thrice... Her mostly stoic appearance made it as difficult as ever to tell what might be lurking underneath her apparantly innocent appearance. Though her offer was a simple biscuit, that soft, stoic expression seemed to turn into a more puzzled one, as she seemed confused about why Chiyoko had simply turned down her offer... Or so it seemed.

It wasn't like Chiyoko had outright said no, but she hadn't exactly reached out and taken it either... Which, appeared to almost hurt Coraline a little, revealed by sudden dampness in her eyes. She shook her head a little, before she tried to offer the biscuit to Chiyoko once again, appearing to have become more insistent this time.

"You need to eat..." She said, her voice was soft... But, somehow, firm.

From the perspective of most people... She didn't seem like she had been anyone else at any point in her life, like she had always been an innocent 10 year old girl, simply trying to be kind to someone, despite the apparant hostility.​

"You need to eat..."

Chiyoko scoffed. "What I need is a good, hard fuck and pack of smokes right afterward," she countered. "It hasn't exactly been the Best Week Ever so far."

She scanned the group of 10-year-olds. Most likely, none of them were actually ten. Perhaps a few even used to be men. The eyes, though, didn't change. Most had the ferocity and passion in their eyes of idealists - fools, every one of them. And at least Yui and Coraline had eyes full of kindness and innocence. Maybe those two were just really, really good actresses. Chiyoko had certainly been taken in by good con artists, back before she learned the hard way how nasty people could actually be. Still, she couldn't ignore those wide-eyed looks that reminded her of days long past.

With a reluctant grimace, Chiyoko reached for a biscuit and angrily munched away. "Happy?"

Kaoru matched Chiyoko's glare with her own, the back of her neck tensed as her eyes hardened. Before either could come to blows, however, the appearance of yet another child doused the flames. With blonde hair and blue eyes, Yui's round face and high-pitched voice was so out-of-place that Kaoru visibly grimaced. What was someone like THAT doing here?

Those sharp eyes flickered to the sleeping demi-goddess, a glint of accusation rising up.

"Explain, Akira. I can understand recruiting brutes, military, and peacemakers. But when did you start recruiting children again?"

Kaoru herself didn't mind not being told everything about the contract. So many things were new to her about the terms, after all. But all things considered...did this twin-tailed child really not clearly explain the consequences for these people? Or was she just repeating history?

"Explain, Akira. I can understand recruiting brutes, military, and peacemakers. But when did you start recruiting children again?" It seemed Kaoru shared Chiyoko's own reservations about involving the innocent. Ironic, really. It didn't really sit well with Chiyoko that they two antagonistic girls actually agreed on something.

"Well, maybe you're not entirely an idiot after all, Gabriel-chan," Chiyoko snarked.

That was when she heard Yui talking to her. "Oh, what's your name? I'm Yui, but you already know that, right?" She grabbed onto the girl's arm.

Oh, god, its touching me! Chiyoko's brain wailed in alarm.

"Hey, aren't you excited to start doing...." Yui paused thoughtfully, then smiled again. "Stuff?" She laughed. "I'm kind of nervous, to be honest."

Oh, god, its talking to me! Its bad enough the other one is trying to feed me! Chiyoko wasn't very subtle as she tried to wiggle her arm out of Yui's grip. Surprisingly, Chiyoko wasn't being rough about it. She was almost gentle, even.

"You're right to be nervous, Bambi," Chiyoko brusquely said, drawing upon a nickname inspired by the other girl's wide eyes. "Demigod-chan's scammin' us. She should never have called someone like you or Dollface over there," she added, nodding toward Coraline. "Its one thing to grab a bunch of idealistic idiots like Gabriel, Blushing Virgin, Simo Hahya, and Sae," Chiyoko continued, naming off Kaoru, Zenshiro, Aleksandra, and Himeko respectively, "but its another to recruit innocents."

Chiyoko struggled to explain the noxious sensation in her gut at the concept. "...An idealist chose to be like that. They wanna be a bunch of fuckin' treehugging morons. But they still chose to be that way. The innocent? They just haven't been around, yet. Didn't get a chance to choose. Demigod-chan over there is gonna take that choice away from you and Dollface with this scam...."

As Zenshiro ate, he took note of the girls that were with him. Other than the girl with the gun, he didn't see anyone with a weapon. "Wonder how we're gonna fight the chaos," he mumbled as he ate. Realizing that he was talking with his mouth full, he swallowed. "Hey, aren't you guys gonna eat?" he asked, "Aleksandra? Kaoru? Himeko? Uh...perverted girl? I forgot your name, sorry." He gestured towards the basket with food inside before something occurred to him. Did I forget anyone- Oh!" he turned to look at Yui. "You too, Yui. Everyone should eat something, usually people are less cranky when their stomachs are full." Pause. "Oh, right, my name. It's Zenshi-" He stopped. "...J-Just call me Shiro for now, since my, uh, former name has no meaning now," he stammered, looking a bit sheepish.

Status
Not open for further replies.