Miracle Girls: Out of Order IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a flippant expression Nadia shrugged her shoulders, the different place names clearly not registering as having any meaning to Nadia.

"Ehe, I'm not very good with geography," Nadia admitted, "I'm just voting for where-ever is closest. Or testing out our powers, that sounds fun too! Although..."

Nadia glanced down at Akira, frowning. The small girl was still sleeping away in Nadia's lap, not yet disturbed by the activities around her. She was the one who could help them use their powers though, which might require waking her up.

"Um... does anyone know how to use their powers yet?" Nadia asked hopefully.

Aleksandra hadn't voted for anyone, and didn't show any concern about who the leader was. When Nadia asked her question, though, she was the first to take action, holding her rifle and gently nudging Akira with the stock. "Wake up, Akira," she said as she nudged. "Malyutka, wake up. We cannot transform if you don't teach us how beforehand." And by extension, they couldn't use their powers. So, Aleksandra was just going to keep nudging until Akira either woke up or someone stopped her.

Akira wakes up relatively slowly, requiring about five seconds of disruption before she began to stir, and noticeably unamused by the sudden awakening. Akira begins with a sigh, "Maybe I should have seen this coming." Leaning backwards onto Nadia's shoulder, "There are a few rules needed to transform. First, you need to find some sort of object that you think represents you symbolically in some way. For example, if you were a soccer player, you could use a soccer ball. Think carefully about which object you pick though since your power and appearance will vary based on what you chose and how well it represents you. Secondly, you need to hold the object close to your chest as if you were trying to push it through into your heart. Finally, you need manifestations to be nearby, otherwise you won't gain access to your special abilities." Turning her head to fit into the nape of Nadia's neck, Akira closes her eyes, "That was all you needed correct?"

"Shinjuku, Taito, and Kita are closer. Yokohama is a prefecture away. Only Tokyo as a city is safe."

Himeko blinked, before laughing awkwardly, "O-oh, I guess that's right, hahaha."

Taking a breath, she looked towards the sky as a bit of conversation went by. Hearing her name, she smiled back at Yui before returning to her thoughts.

However, the others didn't waste much time in trying to figure things out, rousing Akira. "That was all you needed correct?"

Dwelling on the explanation for a moment, Himeko began, "Well, we need to be close enough to you at all times...I mean, Shinjuku and Kita aren't that far away, but I still think we should move you somewhere safer."

Akira doesn't even bother to open her eyes, addressing the concern with apathy, "My safety shouldn't be of concern. If anything, you are more at risk than I am when it comes to physical danger. Akira lifts her skirt slightly, adeptly drawing the blade from the holster secured to her thigh. She twirls it about to show off her dexterity, then as swiftly as it was drawn, she holsters it. At no point did she open her eyes or adjust her positioning.

Zenshiro couldn't help but blush at Yui's encouraging words. "Th-Thank you," he stuttered, bowing his head slightly. He turned over to look at the sleeping Akira, noticing that Aleksandra was poking her awake. He did nothing to stop it and let her have her way. He frowned as he took in the demigod's words. "So...it can't be something random like rubble?" he asked, his frown deepening at a thought that crossed his mind, "Finding things that would represent us would be rather hard, especially in this day and age." His eyes widened when the demigod expertly took out her knife, twirled it, and then put it back in its sheath without so much as opening her eyes. He gulped and chuckled nervously. "Well...should we get going? Or do we need to plan more?"

So it was decided.

No, it wasn't. Kaoru frowned as Himeko never actually came up with a decision of where they were going, even though the issue with how they utilized their powers were solved. Akira's demonstration of her knife handling abilities were met with indifference. Her hands slipped into her pockets once more, before they retrieved a neatly folded map.

"If you don't have a symbol, find one. If you have a symbol, go."

The map was unfolded, the direction was selected, and Kaoru handed it to Himeko.

"Choose a direction. I will go to Kita."

With that, Kaoru walked off, hands in her pocket, the brim of her oversized hat dipping below her eyes.

Too slow. Too wasteful. Too pointless.

For the duration of Akira's explanation Nadia was scowling at Aleksandra, who had somehow thought it acceptable to bother the sleeping Goddess. Nadia's body tensed up ready to protest, only relaxing again when Akira nestled against Nadia's neck. A bashful expression crossed Nadia's face, although it was soon replaced by awe as Akira showed off her knife skills.

"Well...should we get going? Or do we need to plan more?"
"Choose a direction. I will go to Kita."

It seemed the decision of whether or not more planning was necessary had been made for them by Kaoru. Chuckling to herself as she watched Kaoru stalk away, Nadia addressed the group.

"Now that's how you get stuff done! There's no problem if we follow her, right? Aki-cutie, I don't want to tell you to get off, but I don't want to miss out on the action even more, so if you don't mind would you let me free? Only for now though, after I've kicked some ass I'm going to need your cuteness to energise me for the next fight!"

Was there anything else?

"Oh, and Aki-cutie, you gotta teach me your knife skills some time!"

Akira eyes open for a moment, looking Nadia in the eyes as if to extract more information. After looking for an extended moment, it seemed that she felt that was sufficient. Picking herself up, she lifts herself gracefully off of Nadia's lap. Akira had a manner of movement that resembled that of an Olympic ice skater or gymnast, seemingly possessing no weight to her limbs, allowing her to move them about with precision. Calling out to Kaoru, "It would be faster to head back towards Tokyo. As we are, we have no means of gathering food and no way of getting anywhere quickly. Plus, it is easier to find symbols in developed areas."

Although her advice indicated direction, Akira herself made no effort to move back towards the city. Instead, she started walking to Himeko's side. Turning her head over her shoulder, Akira then addresses Nadia. "I'm not sure when you'll have the time for that, but if you insist on making the time... I guess I don't have anything better to do with my time."

Aleksandra spoke up for the first time since waking Akira. "I know several traders who carry things from before the chaos," she said. "And several more who will trade goods for services. It's likely they won't recognize us, though." They'd recognize Aleksandra's rifle, though. "Do not try to force a trade. Do not upset the status quo. Traders have long memory and hold grudges for even longer. Someone acting up," here she turned her gaze to Kaoru pointedly. "May end with us short on supplies and nowhere to trade." She'd said more here than she had since the day she met Akira. "I suggest that you not engage in any trades without me or my rifle present. Some traders will try and take advantage of the fact that we're ten-year-olds now." She left the fact that those who'd recognize this would not find it agreeable and would act on that disagreeable fact unspoken. "If you need anything specific, speak up now."

Coraline

Coraline had stayed silent, as Chiyoko seemed to have fallen quiet as she talked... She looked almost guilty, as if somehow she at least held part of the blame for this silent. In either case, she appeared to have raised her hand in response to the inquiry about making Chiyoko the leader of their group, but... It was apparent that she was somewhat more tentative about it, now that Chiyoko had fallen silent. Though at the suggestion of gathering food and resources, and the proposition involving traders, Coraline decided to speak up once more.

"We should bring what we can to Tokyo..." She said quietly.

Though she wasn't so certain, or at least confident when she spoke. Perhaps she still felt a little lost? Or just, not sure what to do right now?​

"H-Hey wait!" Zenshiro called out to Kaoru, "Shouldn't we go-" Then Kaoru began to walk away. "...Together?" he said weakly as he scratched the side of his face. He listened to Aleksandra talk about traders that would have some supplies with them. "I think Aleksandra has a good idea," he said, "We need everything we can get. And who knows? Maybe we can transform with food." Pause. "Though it seems like a waste to do that."

Himeko visibly flinched as Akira started waving that knife around, but while there was an uncertainty, she didn't speak out.

After taking the map from Kaoru, the girl immeditetly began to make off, fully intending to go it alone if need be, Shiro following briefly and Aleksandra laying down some ground rules regarding Akira's suggested course of action.

Taking a few steps after Kaoru, Himeko called, "It'd probably be safer if we stuck together. I mean, I'm not going to force you to come with us, but..."

Stopping for a moment, her brow furrowed, before she looked to Akira and Aleksandra, wondering aloud, "What would we even trade, anyway?"

Eyes lighting up at after Akira's last sentence, Nadia jumped to her feet.

"You mean helping me is the best thing you could do with your time? I'm honoured, I'll make super sure to do a good job fighting chaos for you now!"

Despite Kaoru's decision to go Kita, it seemed the rest of the group was intent on Tokyo. They actually brought up a good point about trade, with Nadia listening carefully to what everyone was saying.

"Maybe we could trade in services, like helping rebuild things, until we can physical objects to trade with? Our powers could help us do jobs other people find hard super-duper easily."

"Tokyo?" Yui appeared to think something over, then jumped to her feet excitedly. "Ooh, I have an idea... How 'bout we all visit my house? I have a ton of stuff there. Also," she added somewhat sheepishly, "I left my sewing kit at home."

The girl linked an arm through Himeko's casually, as if the two were already great friends - which was true, in Yui's mind.

Turning to Nadia, "That would be a great idea, but I think Akira-chan said that we can only transform around manifestations of chaos or something. Plus, our powers are gonna change anyways depending on the symbol we use."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaoru paused as others called out to her. The safety of being in a large group. The suggestion to gather up food for the trip before they went off. Finding some sort of transport. Aleksandra spoke about traders, about her connections, about how they would be taken advantage of now that they were children. About how they could somehow use their powers to do services and get rewarded in the process.

Such circular reasoning.

Her right hand fiddled with the bullet in her pocket, before she turned.

"Take your time," she said, steadily, "Go shopping for your symbols. Go searching for a vehicle. Go home, wherever that may be. Go get what you need, and properly consider your place in all this. My decision is made, my preparations laid."

She drew out the bullet in her pocket, light reflecting off its surface.

"I have my symbol."

She turned away once more.

"I have my wings."

She walked off.

"I'll save the world single-handedly, if I must."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Chrysanthemum
Yui's arm around hers, Himeko watched Kaoru move, stammering, "B-but, the distance..."

Eyebrow furrowed, Himeko shook her head, before stating, "Er, well, it should be fine...I think."

Letting out a light grunt, she slipped her arm from Yui's, before reaching into the center pocket of her hooded coat. Pulling out a halved sheet of paper and unfolding it, she stooped down, before folding a strip in the side. After a moment, she ripped of a long, narrow strip from the edge before folding it at an angle. She began to wrap it up, forming a pentagon, before fiddling with it a bit more, turning it into a small, puffy, origami star. Holding the small object between two fingers, she said to Yui, "It's your place, right? So I think you can take things from here with the others."

Heading after Kaoru, symbol in hand, she began, "I'm fine with anything, as long as you know what you're doing and you're not alone. 'Kay?" Turning back to the others, she waved. "We'll go scope things out, I think. Plus if we learn anything out it'd make things easier later. Be careful!"

Akira doesn't respond to Nadia, despite the fact that she had obviously heard her. Although not much could be detected on Akira's face, she did seem caught up in the moment. Her eyes had a look of sharpness that wasn't there before, and her brow furrowed slightly. Not to mention, she kept her eyes glancing back and forth between Yui's party and Himeko's party, yet she stayed firmly in place, moving closer to neither.

Kaoru stopped part way through as a voice sounded behind her. She looked at Himeko, then at the origami star that she held, before those eyes finally turned to the group that still loitered on the hill. The girl in oversized clothes let out an imperceptible sigh.

"A leader should be leading, not scouting."

A breeze blew over the dull green field.

"But if this is your order as a leader, then fine. Do you have food, water, and transportation?"

"It's your place, right? So I think you can take things from here with the others."

Yui nodded seriously. "Let's meet here when we're done, okay?"

She turned to address the rest of the group - Nadia, Akira, Shiro, and Coraline. "Alright, so we need to find food, water, and our symbols. I know for sure that there'll be more than enough supplies at my house, so we should head there first. As for symbols..." She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully, then suggested, "We can think about what our symbols can be on our way there. We'll look for them after we get the necessary stuff."

"Any objections?"

She looked over everyone, silently noting their reactions. "Akira-chan, you okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.