Migma

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"W-Well alright then, I'll admit it, school sounds a lot worse than this." Jexel said with a smile, letting Isabelle pull him down for a kiss. He laughed as she pulled away and adjusted herself, pulling out the notepad and showing him the letters from the night before. "I think I'll let you govern our breaks then. You seem to know better than little old me. I guess it's fair too, since you are the teacher, however sexy you may be." Jexel gave her a sly grin, giving her a wink before adjusting himself next to her. With a bit of difficulty he began to recite the letters and their sounds as she pointed them out, improving himself upon each error. Evident from how he talked, Jexel had an incredible memory bordering a photographic level, and he used it to it's fullest during their lesson.

"Don't tempt me. I have no will power," Isabelle said in response to his words, grin and wink. He was so good looking to her. Isabelle saw past the fur, the ears, the cat eyes and paws. She saw the man behind it all, the man inside and his abs weren't bad to look at either, she thought with a smile. He was strong, slim but muscular and his body drove her crazy. She was glad he complied and lay next to her to learn. As much as she wanted him just then, she knew he needed to learn. Isabelle was impressed with how quickly Jexel was learning. He had an impeccable memory so Isabelle decided to kick the lesson up a notch. "Alright then genius, let's put that memory to the test then." Flipping the page, she began to place a few letters together to produce words, "C-A-T, ccaahhhtttaah, cat. This is what the letters look and sound like together, forming a word. Cat. See? Look at this...I-S-A-B-E-L-L-E, issahbell, Isabelle. This is how my name looks written down and this...J-E-X-E-L, is yours. Cool right? So now when I write you a letter at least you can recognize my name and yours" she laughed. "This is the basic gist of reading, you know the letters and their sounds, then you put them together and understand the words written. I'll see about going to the bookstore sometime soon and getting you some children's books for you to start reading. How's that? Not too much, right? Need a break? Keep going?"

"Genius? I-I don't know about that..." Jexel chuckled nervously as Isabelle cranked up the difficulty of the lesson. He was never one to be confident in his abilities, especially in those of the mental aspect. However, he quickly caught on to how words were sounded out, seamlessly tying words he would say commonly to their respective letters. His only mishaps came when grammatical rules took effect, but with Isabelle's help he was sure he could conquer the challenge. When she mentioned children's books, Jexel's ears folded down and he blushed heavily. "Eh, I-I mean, if you think it would help. Children's books though? I guess it makes sense, but it's pretty embarrassing..." He said shyly as he scratched behind his ears. "I uh, I can keep going if you can, ya know? Like I said, I'm leaving the breaks up to you. Don't worry your pretty head about me." He smiled and leaned his head on hers, simply enjoying the feel of her hair on his cheek.

Isabelle smiled, setting the notepad aside, using her hands to gently lift Jexel's ears that had flopped downwards, "Aww, don't be embarrassed. Children's books are only a first step, I can't give you a book like...War and Peace to read when you're just starting out. I'll take you through the different levels of reading in time and before you know it you'll be reading some voluminous books. I promise." she said, drawing him in to her kiss. Their kiss was interrupted when Isabelle picked up the sweet aroma of something cooking in the kitchen. "Mmm, I think Regina's cooking. I guess it's time for a break. Could you go into the kitchen and bring me something of whatever she's got brewing. I'm just not in the mood to leave to room but I am hungry. If you don't mind that is..."

Jexel smiled as she spoke, comforted by her words. "I guess that makes sense...It's just strange, like I'll be taking a step backwards. Eh, oh well..." He spoke, meeting her lips with a kiss. Jexel too smelled the scent of cooking in the other room, breaking off their kiss early. At Isabelle's request, Jexel eagerly got up to serve his love. "Don't worry about it. I'm getting pretty hungry myself too, so it's no problem." He said with a grin as he headed out to the kitchen. Seeing Regina caused a slight twang of discomfort to ring out throughout his body, but he engaged in conversation none-the-less. "H-Hey Regina. What do you have cooking?" He said awkwardly. He couldn't help but feel apprehensive around her, knowing that she wasn't all too fond of him in the first place.

Regina jumped when she heard Jexel behind her, "Oh...it's just you. You scared me." she said, turning back to the pot she was stirring before speaking again, "I'm making a nice chicken soup for Isabelle. I infused it with a few herbs from my garden to help keep her nerves calm. How is she by the way?" She turned off the pot, setting it on the back burner for it to cool before turning completely to face Jexel. "I didn't know she was going to react like that. She's always been really bad at magic, I just figured she would fail again and it would just give me an excuse to scream at her like I always do...it's our thing, don't judge. Anyway, I just feel so bad about what happened to her but you...you found a way to her like I could never do. I've been her friend since we were kids and I couldn't reach her....you did. You truly are something else, huh?" She actually gave him a small smile, retrieving two bowls from the cupboards and pouring the soup inside for the both of them, handing both bowls to Jexel to hold. "Look, I don't know you and I'm sorry but I don't really trust you but I'm...trying. But for what its worth...I trust you with her. I know you'll give up your life for her and I appreciate that....Um, did you know that Isabelle's birthday is in two weeks? She's going to turn 21, legal adult age here in the community. Anyway I was hoping we could kind of join in on a gift to her. I think it would blow her mind what I have in mind." she said with a smug look on her face, handing him two spoons to go with the soup.

"She's doing well. We're, uh...we're teaching me how to read, so that's keeping her occupied." Jexel responded. "...I just wouldn't bring any water around her for a while. To be fair, what happened to her is what I used to go through pretty often. I remember my first collapse into that dark place...my mom was a healer, like you...though with a bit more experience. When my power first truly unleashed itself, she was standing right in front of me, burning away like wood in the fire that spewed out of me...but she used her own magic to stay alive and calm me down. Everything I did with Isabelle was simply a mimicry of what my mother did to me... Eh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to gush like that. It's just been wearing on me, and I didn't want to upset Isabelle with a sob story..." He sighed, embarrassed that he couldn't hold his tongue. The whole escapade in the bathroom had brought it all flooding back at once, and he simply needed to get it off his chest. Taking the bowls of soup carefully in his paws, he listened to Regina with interest. "Her birthday, huh? What did you have in mind, and why do you need me?" He asked curiously.

"Yea...I'm gonna pretend I didn't just hear you say you almost burned your mother alive one day after I just said I trusted you with Isabelle. Anyway," Regina said, shaking her head at Jexel. She remembered Isabelle told her Jexel's fire could never hurt her. It helped ease her mind at least in that aspect. She stepped closer to Jexel and said softly, "What Isabelle wants most in the world right now, is a normal regular life with you. We both know that won't happen BUT...I have figured out a way for you to meet Isabelle's father and for you to walk in public with Isabelle AND attend her surprise birthday party without hiding." This time stepping even closer to Jexel she whispered, "I know a very powerful shaman that lives in the farthest corner of the community. She knows ancient magic. She's something else, isolated from everyone because the magic she practices isn't exactly allowed BUT she knows a shape-shifting spell. One that would....turn you completely human for 24 hours. Isabelle would have an entire day where she could actually have a REAL relationship with you. She could happily introduce you to her father, you can walk the streets in broad daylight with her and dance the night away with her at her birthday party where she can show you off to all the guys who have been drooling over her for the past year. What do you think? I know you kind of have to agree to it for it to work but I really think this would really surprise and make Isabelle the happiest she's been in her life."

At the prospect of becoming human, even for a day, his mind began to whir. The plausibility had weighed on Jexel's mind since falling in love with Isabelle, and he had often thought of how it would work...and how it wouldn't. Thus began his stream of questions. "I-Is it really possible? Just for a day though... How does it work? Would I even be recognizable? What would I call myself? Where would I live? What would change about me? Wouldn't I be suspicious, not going to school and all? What would my story be if someone asked how I knew Isabelle? How will she introduce me as her boyfriend, or even her friend, when I've never been seen with her before?..." and so his questions raced on, his assumption that Regina had everything planned out outpaced his rational thought process. The idea of becoming a human for even a single day made his heart pound and his stomach cramp. Having hands and feet, and human ears, and no tail...everything that he could have called into question, he did, and very quickly too. At the rate he was going, one would have expected Isabelle's birthday to be the very next day.

Regina smiled, "Lucky for you I've been thinking this through for hours. Yes its possible, very possible. Its in my magic book and I've heard rumors about it being done but its part of forbidden magic and the shaman is the only person I know who still practices it. It's only for a day though, the prices becoming higher and higher the longer you want the spell to last. We would go to her the night before the party. I'll need your help getting there, the only way to reach her house is through the wilderness. The spell is bound by blood magic since it has to alter your very state of being, completely changing who you are, your gonna have to bleed a little but you'll live. Its for Isabelle." she said pulling out a carrying table from under the sink, placing it on the table, taking the bowls from Jexel and putting them there.

"You would look just like yourself" she continued, "only your paws would turn into hands and feet, your tail would disappear, your eyes would become smaller and probably go from a gold to like a hazel. Your fur would become skin and your ears would go from the top of your head to the side and would be more human. The process is a little painful, I'm not going to lie to you but in the end you would be human, oh and you would be powerless. Humans don't have natural born magic. No matter how mad you get in those 24 hours, you'll never produce fire. You can keep your same name unless you want to change it. That's up to you and you're welcome to stay in the spare room until you change back and have to return to the wilderness. I don't mind. I'd feel safer with a human you living here anyway plus Isabelle will probably never leave your side so...basically."

Handing the carrying tray to Jexel now to make it easier for him to carry the bowls and help feed Isabelle, Regina continued telling Jexel her plan, "A couple months ago, Isabelle's dad arranged for a community outing to a different district, another human community. The whole thing took about two days but her dad never found out Isabelle never attended the trip. We stood here and she would sneak out to meet you. So....we'll say she met you over there and that's how your relationship blossomed. That will explain why no one has ever seen you, you technically don't live here. So...what will it be? I know it's a heck of a lot to take in but you in?" she asked, eyes opening wide in anticipation.

...It was like Regina had read his mind. He looked at her like she was a miracle, awestruck to complete silence at how much she planned it all out. Had he not been carrying the tray with soup, he would have likely hugged the fiery red-head to death. Instead, all he could muster was a "Y-Yeah!" along with a vigorous nod of his head. After calming his nerves a bit, he was able to make a more coherent thought. "Um, thanks... a lot, actually. I appreciate everything you do for her, especially dealing with me... I-I should get back to Isabelle now, but thanks again." He said as he made his way back to the room. After calming down a bit, he stepped into the room with a smile as soft as when he left. "Hey, I have soup." He said as he crawled back into the bed with Isabelle, placing the tray in between their laps with a smile.

Jexel was taking longer than she expected to bring back food. Isabelle was starting to worry a little. I hope Regina isn't giving him a hard time? What if she doesn't want to give him the food? She can't be that cruel to him, she thought to herself. She was getting ready to drag herself out of the bed when Jexel came in, carrying two bowls of soup to the bed. "Hey, thank you so much. I'm so hungry." Taking the spoon and bringing the soup to her lips to eat, "Mmm, tastes so good. Yum...so what took you so long? Did Regina give you a hard time?" she asked, as she swallowed more soup, looking into his golden eyes now, waiting for an answer.

Jexel had mentally prepared for Isabelle's inevitable question by the time he was comfortably seated. After enjoying a spoonful of the soup, he spoke. "No, Regina didn't give me a hard time. She said she was just adding some herbs to the soup is all." He said with a smile. It wasn't a lie, so none of his tells were evident. Before long he had finished his bowl, taking his time now to enjoy the broth. "Regina's quite the cook, I gotta say. I almost feel spoiled, considering the way I had to eat in the wilderness... It already feels like it's been forever since I was living there." Jexel spoke as he drank the last of the broth in his bowl, setting it down on the tray with a satisfied grin shot at Isabelle.

Isabelle was content with Jexel's answer regarding Regina and even smiled when he complimented her cooking, perhaps there was hope that the two could actually get along. It would be nice if her boyfriend and her best friend liked each other. Isabelle ate the soup slower than Jexel, but ultimately finished it some time after he finished his. "I wish you never had to go back. I wish you could just stay here with me. I would spoil you so much...you'd get fat." she joked, poking at his stomach. Being with him completely that day, in a normal setting, made her very happy but sad at the same time. She knew it was only temporary and eventually he would have to return to the wilderness and to the half-breed community he called home. Placing the empty bowls on the tray, she moved the table to the floor the best she could. She wanted to be able to do some things herself without Jexel's assistance and as long as her arms still worked, she would use them to the best of her abilities. Calling Jexel with her finger, she said "Come here you." When he did, she wrapped her fingers in his hair and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Coming up for a breath, Isabelle said, "I don't want to practice anything right now, not magic, not reading. I just want you. I want to be with you for the rest of the night. I don't want to think, I just want to feel. So help me get undressed and make love to me because I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, if I'll walk or not, watching you leave...I want this, right now because after tomorrow...I don't know when we will again."

Jexel couldn't help but laugh as Isabelle poked his belly. "S-Stop that, I'm ticklish there! And yeah, I couldn't agree more. Today's been so nice...I'm glad that you're the one I got to spend it with." He said through repressed giggles. As she set the tray on the floor, Jexel began to think about the past couple of days. Since the explosion he had felt no desire to burn, as though it was able to rid him of his frustrations...at least for an extended period of time. Then again it could have just been Isabelle's injury. Now that he was in a real house, in a real bed, it struck him how harsh a half-breed's life could be. Even more so was the fact that most humans simply wouldn't be totally happy without their amenities. He didn't want to be the one to take Isabelle out of all she had grown up with, even if she said she wanted to be with him... but all these thoughts were washed away with Isabelle's beckoning. Crawling towards her, she pulled him in to a kiss. After listening to her speak, Jexel felt a twinge of sadness pass through him, remembering that his stay was not permanent. But being with Isabelle was all he wanted, and as he gingerly helped her out of her clothes, discarding his own as well, his sadness dissipated to bliss. Jexel drew her head to his for another long and passionate kiss as they made love once again. There was no doubt in his mind now that he wanted to be with Isabelle forever, and he was ready to do just about anything to make it happen.

The next morning came and Isabelle was awakened by the sun gleaming in through the window. Hmm, forgot to close the shades she thought to herself as she shifted away from the window and buried her face in Jexel's chest. He was sound asleep, probably having the best sleep of his entire life. The thought making her smile as she pressed closer to him. Isabelle thought of the past few days and was almost thankful for the accident. Had it not happened Jexel and her wouldn't have made up, had it not happened Jexel would not be living with her now, had it not happened Regina and Jexel would've never learned to get along. She counted her blessings among her curse and really was thankful everything was working out for the better. Isabelle was about to fall back asleep when a knock came at the door, "Izzy...can I come in?" Regina called from the other side of the door. Great..now you woke him up, Isabelle thought before answering.
"No" Isabelle answered back, "we're not dressed."
"IIIllllllll, not in my house you freaks! There better not be fur in my sheets. You're cleaning up when he leaves!"
"Oh my God, will you shut up please. What do you want?"
"Izzy.....it's Day 2. Can....c-can you walk?" Regina asked, cautious anticipation in her voice from behind the door.
Isabelle had forgotten it was the last day of the wait. Today she would know whether the healing had taken place or not but she was scared, terrified that she would fall again. She looked over to the side of the bed and couldn't move. Couldn't bring herself to try it...what if she fell? What if her legs still didn't work? She wouldn't be able to handle the disappointment, the sadness, the depression and anxiety. There would be nothing anyone could say to her if her legs didn't work. She knew it would be permanent. How would she explain that to her father? She would never see Jexel again...no...she couldn't do it. She wasn't even going to try. If she didn't try then it didn't hurt to find out she couldn't walk. Yes...staying in bed with Jexel would be better, easier.

Jexel woke up slowly once again, awakened by the sound of Regina and Isabelle's voices. Letting out a yawn, he turned to Isabelle and gave a light smile, only to hear Regina say that it was the second day since Isabelle's injury. The instant he said it, his ears flickered, sensing the change of demeanor in the girl beside him. "Isabelle, you'll be... *yawn*...you'll be fine. You know that I'll find a way, no matter what happens." He knew that he was talking a bit incoherently. He was still waking up, after all. Even so, he let his paw wander to her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. After taking a little time to wake up, he got out of bed himself and walked to Isabelle's side. "I'll hold you up this time. We don't want you to have another spill, alright? Besides, I want you to spoil me this morning." He said with a lighthearted smile. He didn't know what else to do to make her more comfortable. The more he woke up, the harder his heart pounded in anticipation. If her legs didn't work, she would be inconsolable...he couldn't let that happen.

Isabelle was terrified and as much as she wanted to appease Jexel, she doubted herself. She moved over and scooted to the side of the bed, letting her legs hang over the side, "What if I can't Jex? What if I can't?" she asked, uneasiness and uncertainty in her voice. She wanted desperately to stand and walk but terror filled her, forcing her in place. Isabelle held tightly to the side of the bed, debating to try and stand or just stay where she was. Looking up, Jexel's amber eyes met hers and a gentle smile coaxed her forward. She didn't want to disappoint him by not even trying. If she fell, she knew he would be there to catch her but if she did fall...No, she didn't want to think about it. She was going to try. Everything was going to be ok. She pushed herself forward again until her feet lay flat on the ground, "Don't let me go ok?" she said, holding on to the fur on Jexel's arms, pulling herself up and onto her feet. She closed her eyes tightly and let her weight distribute to her legs. Her legs wobbled a little side to side but did not give out on her this time, they were supporting her. Opening her eyes wide, Isabelle looked at her legs with a wide grin. Letting go Jexel's arms, she stood up, supported solely by her own legs and feet. "JEX! LOOK!" she exclaimed as she laughed, pure joy in her eyes. Isabelle propelled herself forward and took her first steps in a few days. Her legs were not very stable but held her none the less. They just needed to be exercised. Isabelle walked into the arms of her love, standing close to him, holding tightly to Jexel as tears of joy streamed down her face.

Jexel held his breath as Isabelle grabbed on to his arms, attempting to stabilize herself on her own two feet. His anxiousness was evident as she wobbled, and he worried that she was about to fall again. However, anxiousness gave way to joy as she released herself from him, looking at her legs with a grin. Jexel let out a sigh of relief as she began walking around, taking her first steps since the accident. She wasn't the most coordinated yet, but it filled him with glee to see her walking. He embraced Isabelle as she walked into his arms, holding her tightly and letting her cry into his chest happily. He began to tear up too leaning his head on hers and kissing her head. "I told you. I knew you'd be fine... I love you." He spoke, relishing in the full embrace they shared.

"Umm..HELLO, anyone planning on telling me what's going on?!" Regina asked from the other side of the door. Isabelle laughed, drying the tears from her face and shouted back, "I CAN WALK!" A scream of joy could be heard from the other side of the door as Regina was ecstatic Isabelle was fine. Turning to face Jexel, Isabelle said, "Let's get dressed...I owe you a breakfast." She said with a big smile, carefully walking over to the bed and putting her clothes back on slowly, it hurt still to walk and stand too much but she pushed through. She wasn't going to let a little leg pain stop her. Once they were dressed, Isabelle opened the door to the room and there stood Regina with a wide grin. The two girls hugged tightly and they both started crying together. "I knew you would be ok....I'm the best after all." Regina joked. "Yes...you are." Isabelle responded and walked arm in arm with her friend towards the kitchen. Isabelle knew her way around Regina's house and especially her kitchen. Having spent countless hours in the company of her friend, Isabelle knew every nook and cranny of her home. Getting straight to work, the girls worked together to make breakfast, Isabelle occasionally stopping to rub her leg before continuing. Between the two they prepared a breakfast buffet consisting of waffles, omelets, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and biscuits. Setting the table and arranging the food perfectly, the girls gave each other a high five, pleased with their team work. Isabelle placed a ceramic plate and cup of orange juice before Jexel, "Breakfast is served."

Status
Not open for further replies.