Migma

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hesitated. As the shaman left him to decide, he hesitated for just a moment. His doubts were many, and he understood what everyone had already told him...that there was no hope. Somewhere deep in his heart, he felt that it was true. Some deep dark place in his mind felt the necessity to simply give up and leave well enough alone... but in that moment of hesitation his resolve was strengthened. The fire within him reignited with something new, something...stronger. Isabelle was the only permanent thing he could see in his future, and he wasn't going to let a racial gap take her away. His fur rippled with tongues of fire as he stepped into the house, lighting up the room in hues of gold, red, and orange. There was nothing that would stand in his way anymore... he had found his muse...

The shaman woman smirked when she saw Jexel walk through the door, fire rippling through him, lighting the room. "I hope she is worth all the pain you will endure," she said as she gestured for him to come closer to her. Regina entered the home as well, staying quietly in a corner, watching the events unfold before her. As Jexel approached the shaman she started mumbling...chanting really, setting the atmosphere. She took both his arms, stretching them across her table, the two jars directly underneath. Using the blade, she made two large gashes across his forearms, allowing the blood to fill both jars. "One is for the spell...the other is for me. My payment" she said with a sly smile, "the spell will heal your arms don't worry." When the jars were full she took them from underneath his arms, closing the lid from one and placing it in one of the cupboards where her herbs were, stroking the side of the jar lightly. Half-breed blood is essential to many forbidden spells and not easy to come by. The shaman was pleased to have an entire jar to experiment with when the two had gone. Returning to the table and to Jexel, she took the other jar in her hands, bringing it up to her lips, drinking straight from it, unfazed as to the fact she was consuming blood..."your blood will connect me with you, enable my magic to pass through you." Pouring the remaining blood over Jexel's head, paws and tail, she started her ritual and chanting. The room immediately went completely dark, an eeriness filled the room, the air became heavy and thick and the many night sounds of the wilderness went silent. She took the vial with the dark liquid and handed it to Jexel, "this elixir will start the clock. Immediately upon drinking the last drop, the transformation process will begin as well as the 24 hours. Last chance little lynx. You will feel like every bone in your body is breaking at once and it will be. Your paws will turn into his hands and feet, your ears and eyes will change...you will break to be made new. Are you sure?" she asked, the small vial extended before him.

Jexel remained unflinching as the knife was drawn across his arms. His blood poured out like liquid gold, still glowing from the fire within him. He said not a word as the shaman continued the spell, drinking his blood and pouring it upon him. His vision blurred from the blood loss, but he forced himself to focus on the woman in front of him, keeping himself awake. As she chanted, he felt his fire diminish with the light of the room. The air clung to his fur, and his breathing became heavy. As she finished her chant and handed him the vial of liquid, he took it within his paws carefully. "...I will stop at nothing to be there for her, and no pain on this earth will ever change that." He spoke as he drank the dark liquid in full, more to convince himself of his courage than anything else.

As Jexel drank the last drop, a strong pulse emitted through the room. Regina was pressed up against the wall causing her to fall over. The shaman woman's head threw backwards. Returning her head back again, her eyes had changed to the same color as Jexel's fire, she was connected to him. She immediately started her chanting again, contorting her face as the pain began to pass through her as well. She continued forward even as she could feel the pain of her arms and legs breaking, her head felt like it was being split open, her eyes felt like they were on fire. The transformation process had begun, her magic was passing through Jexel, changing his physical form. The shaman woman screamed out in pain as Jexel's body took a new form. Her screaming was ear splitting, as she felt her body be tortured along with his. She could barely look at him but she forced herself to see through the immense pain. She watched as his fur began to grow thinner until it disappeared entirely. She watched as it was replaced by skin. She saw when his paws extended producing long fingers, his claws shortening, thumbs appearing. His feet stood flat on the ground where his paws where earlier, his tail shrinking until it was also gone. The most painful was the head. She watched as Jexel's ears moved from the top of his head to the side, taking human form. The long extended canines in his mouth were now human teeth and finally his eyes. His eyes grew smaller, his irises changed and where his golden amber cat eyes once were, was now human hazel eyes, the fire behind them extinguished. Another strong pulse passed through them and knocked the shaman to the floor. It was over. The spell was complete.

Jexel was unable to utter a sound as the process began. The shaman had warned him of the pain, but he never imagined how bad it truly was. His head was tilted back, his mouth agape in utter shock. He couldn't breath through the procedure, his lungs trying to decide whether to let him cry out in agony or hold his breath to bite back the pain. Slowly he was able to bring his head back up and close his mouth, a scowl coming to his face to replace any expression of pain. He said that he wouldn't let anything get in his way, and he meant it. As the final changes were made, Jexel grit his teeth together to keep from passing out. The pulse that ended it all pushed Jexel back, but he was barely able to keep his balance. With the spell complete, he looked down to his hands and feet in wonder. The pain had already begun to subside, so he was able to take in the entirety of his transformation. Letting his hand graze over his furless skin in fear and wonder, he took deep breaths to keep from panicking. It was finished...he was human...

Looking over to Regina, he spoke quietly, almost afraid to hear his own voice. "...C-Come on, w-we should get back..." He said as he began to wobble towards the door, almost instantly tripping and falling on the ground. Fear gripped his heart as he lay on the cold floor of the shaman's house, rendering him to a shivering mass. Even so, he pushed himself up and tried again, falling on his face a number of times before reaching the door. Grabbing onto the doorframe to stable himself, he turned back to the shaman. "T-Thank you for this..." He said, hoping deep within his heart that he would never need to return.

Regina was in awe of the magic being performed in front of her. Before her very eyes she witnessed a half-breed lynx transform into a human man. She dragged herself up off the floor when she heard Jexel speak. He hadn't learned how to use his new legs yet, causing him to wobble and fall. She went to him to help straighten him, helping him to the door. She didn't speak to him immediately, she didn't know what to say, all she knew was she needed to get him out of there. As they were leaving the shaman called out once more to Jexel, "Little lynx...midnight tomorrow. You will transform as soon as the clock chimes. You need to hide before your true self is revealed" she warned as she stood up, weak from the spell. Regina did her best to stable Jexel and walk with him away from the shaman's house and back into the wilderness. "Come on Jexel, let's get you to my house. You've been through a lot" Regina said as she aided Jexel through the wilderness. "You still need to lead the way, just tell me where to turn." Jexel stumbled a few times, knocking the both of them down once or twice and it took about three times as long to get back to the border but they finally did. Regina helped lean Jexel against a tree, pulling the large tote bag from around her shoulder, pulling out a shirt, pants, socks and sneakers for Jexel to throw on. "Here. I hope everything fits. I'll turn around. Tell me when you're ready" she said handing the clothes to him and turning away to give him some privacy.

As Regina and Jexel made their way back through the wilderness, he began to get used to his new body. After stumbling many times, he began to move more comfortably with human feet. He found himself constantly staring at his hands, trying to figure out how to use each digit effectively. Eventually he was able to grasp things with ease. His coordination needed a lot of work, but he was slowly getting the hang of it. When they reached the edge of the wilderness, Regina helped him against a tree and handed him a clean change of clothes. It took him some time to get everything on properly, and he didn't even bother with the socks and shoes. After everything was in order once again, he spoke. "H-Hey, I'm ready...but I don't wear shoes." His voice came out quietly, still rather unsure of himself.

Regina turned around and smiled, "Well, well...you do clean up nicely don't you." She said, looking him up and down. Now that Regina had a chance to see Jexel the way Isabelle saw him, she saw how truly attractive he was. "I see what Isabelle sees" she said, eyes glued to him. "But the shoes are not optional. You're a human now. Humans wear shoes, now get them on. It's after midnight. It's officially Isabelle's birthday. I know she's not asleep. How about I call her over to my house...now?" Regina could not take her eyes off Jexel. Now that he wasn't a filthy animal to her, she saw the man inside and she liked very much what she saw. She turned towards the community now, gesturing for Jexel to follow behind. They reached Regina's house fairly quickly. People were walking about, still up and roaming but no one gave Jexel a second glance. Some gave him light smiles, others a small wave. Humans were friendly to other humans. They entered her home together, Regina dropping off all her belongings and Jexel's old clothes in a bag in the corner and she immediately went to her phone and called Isabelle. The phone rang a few times and Frank, Isabelle's father answered.

"Oh Hi Mr. Kaswell, how are you?...Yes I am aware of the time but I am also aware that it's officially Isabelle's birthday....Yes I know time does fly...I would like to talk to her. Her boyfriend arrived from District C. Oh...you didn't know about him?....Oh yes, well Isabelle told me she was planning on introducing him to you tomorrow. Must've slipped her mind....aha...Oh no he's staying with me just until tomorrow. His parents are very strict so they only gave him one day to come by....Ok, yes I would like to talk to her." Regina waited as Isabelle's father called for her, she could hear some muttering over the phone followed by a huge gasp. Her father came back on the line once more, "Oh...she's upset? Why ever would she be so upset?....She's coming over? Oh wonderful.....Furious huh?....Maybe they had an argument...Anyway I will see you tomorrow Mr. Kaswell. I'm assuming Izzy will be staying with me tonight....no yes only with me...he has his own room. Ok...night!" Regina hung up with the phone with the most mischievous smile. "She's coming and she's fuming. This is going to be fun."

Jexel quietly obeyed Regina, putting on the socks and shoes with irritation. As they made their way back to Regina's house he became a nervous wreck. People were looking at him, some smiling, and others waving. He never felt so awkward before, and it was discomforting. Overhearing Regina's side of the conversation with Isabelle's father frightened him immensely. He expected it to be Isabelle's decision on the story they would use to explain his presence, but the fiery-haired girl had other plans. His heart pounded when Regina hung up, telling him that not only was he going to see Isabelle that night, but she was angry to boot. What would she think? What would she say? All the doubts he had about the plan flooded back into his mind as he ruffled his brow at Regina's mischievous smirk.

When Isabelle's father asked her about her boyfriend, her heart dropped down to the floor.
"What did you just ask me?" Isabelle said in confusion, hoping she had heard incorrectly and her father wasn't really asking her what she thought he was asking her.
"Regina said your boyfriend is in her house and that I'm supposed to meet him tomorrow?" Her father asked more confused than Isabelle was.
Isabelle couldn't help it, a loud gasp escaped her lips. How could Regina have done such a thing? Why would she tell her father about Jexel?! And how could she have told him that he would meet him tomorrow?! So many thoughts ran through her mind. She knew Regina didn't like Jexel but why would she jeopardize her relationship like this? Why would she put him in danger? Isabelle immediately became angry, angry at Regina for what she had done. She told her father she would explain everything when she returned. Regina better have a really good reason for what she did, she thought as she made her way out the door and began sprinting towards Regina's house. I'm going to kill her!

At the rate she was flying towards Regina house, she arrived fairly quickly and started pounding on the door.
"REGINA! OPEN UP! YOU BETTER HAVE A VERY GOOD EXPLANATION REGINA BECAUSE I AM GOING TO KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!" she shouted and continued banging on the door. She was furious at her friend. Furious. She couldn't contain her anger. When Regina opened the door, Isabelle lunged at her, pushing her up against the wall, forearm to her throat, "How could you do this to me?! Why?! If you wanted to say something to me about Jexel, you should've talked to me first! Why would you want to ruin everything I've worked so hard for?!" Isabelle was almost choking Regina. She couldn't breathe or speak, Regina only pointed in Jexel's direction. The fury had blinded Isabelle so much she didn't notice a man in the room. She looked over at him quickly, then back to Regina, "Who's this clown? Are you trying to set me up again?! Really?! You met Jexel, you know how I feel about him! You told me you would never say anything!" she shouted, finally releasing Regina and speaking to the other man, "Sorry. I don't know what she told you about me, but I'm NOT interested." Giving Regina a look that could kill her, she started back out the door, "I'm going to tell my father you lied but you and me.....done."
"That's too bad," Regina started, trying to catch her breath again, "I believe I topped myself this year for your birthday."
Isabelle stopped and turned towards Regina, "You ruined my birthday."

Seeing Isabelle lunge through the door and at Regina frightened Jexel immensely. He felt his heart begin to drop as she put the red-head in a chokehold against the wall. Their yelling drowned out his thoughts in a pool of panic, forcing him to take deep breaths to stay calm. When she looked towards him, his eyes lit up hopefuly, only to have his hopes dashed. She didn't recognize him....he knew she wouldn't, but he didn't expect it to hurt so bad. Jexel quickly began thinking of a way to prove himself to her, his mind racing. Putting his hand to the small of his back, he felt the scar left by events of his past, thankfully untouched by the effects of the spell. "W-Wait, please! Regina's not trying to set us up! Just...just give me a second to explain. Look here..." He spoke, showing the scar that he had shown her so long ago. "...I got this from being stoned many years ago. It was because I burnt down my adopted parents' home, and killed my little brother." Turning to face her again, he continued, his voice cracking from heartbreak. "I-I met a girl in the wilderness who stole my heart the first day I saw her, even when she screamed at me and fell out of a tree. I caught her...I saved her... only to fall out of the same tree a day or two later. She had to drag me to her home and hide me in her room while we waited for her crazy red-head friend to arrive and help... how would I know that if...if you weren't that girl, and I...wasn't Jexel?" He said, tears welling up in his eyes. He didn't know how else to convince her, so he stood there, hoping that she would understand.

Isabelle was heading back out the door when she heard the man in the room call out to her. She rolled her eyes as he spoke, she really didn't want to hear it. He lifted his shirt and showed her the scar on his back. She remembered that scar, remembered Jexel showing her, she saw it every time they made love. Her breathing started to become heavier and she started to shake her head the more he spoke, ultimately saying...he was Jexel. "Impossible. That's not possible. Jexel is a hal...Jexel looks different" she started, correcting herself before she said anything incriminating, "He has very specific qualities. You are not Jexel." This man talked like Jexel, looked somewhat like Jexel but he was not Jexel. How could he be? Jexel was a half-breed and this man was a human.
"Happy Birthday" Regina coughed, still recovering from Isabelle's choke hold. "I told you I have to top myself every year. I wanted to give you something you wanted most in the world. He's standing right in front of you." Regina went behind Isabelle, placing her hands on her shoulders, forcing her to look at Jexel once more. Whispering in her ear she told her, "Look closely...imagine ears on the top of his head, change those hazel eyes to cat eyes and imagine those arms ended in paws. Oh...and imagine that stupid hoodie of his."
Isabelle squinted her eyes and gasped loudly, covering her mouth with her hand. "How?" she asked taking a few slow and cautious steps forward. She stood directly in front of him, tears filling her eyes as she stared into his hazel eyes. She brought her hand up slowly, jerking back slightly at first but continuing until she placed her hand on the side of his face. "Jex?" she asked softly as the tears started to stream down her face.

"Y-Yeah Isabelle...it's me, your half-breed boyfriend, making even more stupid decisions." He said, finishing the fact that she tried to hide. He smiled as tears flowed down his cheeks. "...though I g-guess I'm not so half-breed anymore, huh? It's just for today though, so if you don't like it, d-don't worry about it too much...I-I love you Isabelle. Happy Birthday." He spoke softly, letting her feel his face at her own pace. He was afraid to lift his hand, afraid that she would flinch and move away, and afraid that his transformation had hurt her in some way. He looked into her eyes, somewhat eager to hear what she would have to say to him, somewhat afraid to hear the anger she voiced before come out again.

Isabelle passed her hand gently over his face, over his ears, through his hair. She passed both her hands over his arms, bringing his hands up in front of her, interlocking fingers for the first time since they met. She wasn't sure how she felt about it. It was curious, intriguing, baffling. There he was, standing directly in front of her and she couldn't believe what she was seeing. "Why? Why would you do this? I don't understand. I never told you to change..." she was a little confused. She loved him just the way he was. Isabelle never asked him to be anything other than who he already was. Regina chimed in before Jexel could respond, "Because it's the only way he can walk around with you and it's the only way he will ever be able to meet your father Izzy. You know it too. I know you have these crazy dreams where people accept the two of you as you guys are but that's not going to happen. At least this way...you can be together like you want." Isabelle looked into Jexel's eyes, missing the golden hue. She felt very confused but he was with her. She wrapped her arms around his waist, laying on his chest, listening to his heart beat. She moved her head up towards him and kissed him gently. "I never told you to change but I'm happy. It's one of your least stupid decisions" she said with a smile, "I love you Jexel. Thank you for this. This is going to be an amazing birthday" she said kissing him deeper now.

Jexel's heart pounded as Isabelle drew her hand around the differences of his body. As they interlocked fingers, he took a deep breath to still his nerves. His grip was gentle as he held her hand in his, and his smile was unfading. "We've been together for so long, but you've been governed by how I live more than anything. I wanted to give you the freedom you deserve for as long as I can." He spoke with a sigh, embracing her the only way he knew how as she wrapped her arms around him. His doubts were silenced as she kissed him once, twice over, stilling his violently pounding heart. Meeting her second kiss, he let her draw him in once again to a place of ecstasy. There was nowhere he would have rather been than with her, though fear was still nestled in the back of his mind about the days events. After their kiss, he looked toward Regina with a smile. "Isabelle, Regina is the one who set this whole thing up... I just agreed to it...and I couldn't be happier that I did, at least for the day."

Isabelle looked over at Regina, unwrapping her arms from around Jexel and walking towards her friend.
"I'm sorry I overreacted. I should've known better. Thank you for this. Thank you for giving us this opportunity. I love you." Isabelle said as she drew Regina in to a long embrace.
"I love you too even though you tried to kill me over a guy by the way. You were really going to end our friendship? " Regina asked.
"To be fair, you ended our friendship first when you learned about Jexel for the first time...so let's just say we're even and not remember it anymore." Isabelle said with a smile.
Both girls agreed and Regina began filling Isabelle in on the idea for Jexel's back story. They all needed to be on the same page if Isabelle's father was going to be convinced.

Isabelle sat next to Jexel on the couch, holding his hand, playing with his fingers as they listened to Regina's plan. The idea made Isabelle a little apprehensive. She had hoped she would've had more time to prepare for Jexel's introduction to her father but they only had 24 hrs. Once they all agreed to the same story, Regina excused herself, letting Isabelle know her father was aware she was staying over and let Jexel and Isabelle be alone. Isabelle looked over at Jexel, smiling, "I still can't believe this. I feel like I'm in some dream and I'm afraid to wake up. Am I dreaming? Dont wake me" she said, grabbing the back of his head as she always did and kissing him passionately. She laughed lightly as she pulled away from the kiss, "So, how does it feel to actually wear shoes?" Isabelle knew Jexel wasn't keen on some human fashions but she enjoyed teasing him anyway. They spoke for a while on the couch but it was very late and Isabelle started to get tired. "Come on love, let's get to bed. I want to know what it feels like to sleep with a human Jexel now" she said with a little smirk, grabbing his hand in hers and leading him into the spare bedroom they shared only a few weeks prior. Regina, proactively, had laid everything out for Jexel, pajamas that actually fit him and clothes to wear for the next day. "Well this was thoughtful of Regina to do for you. Although," she said tossing the pajamas to the side, "You won't be needing that tonight" Isabelle said with a mischievous little smile.

Last edited:
Jexel smiled as the girls made up. It was reassuring to see everyone getting along again. His mind was put at ease as Isabelle sat by him on the couch, both of them listening intently to Regina's plot. After everything was sorted out, Regina removed herself from the room, giving Jexel some time alone with the girl of his dreams. "It's pretty tough for me to believe too, I'll be honest. These fingers...they're so weird. I'm used to working with my paws all the time, and having...these, it just...it's so strange..." He laughed, wiggling his fingers curiously. After a passionate kiss, Jexel responded to Isabelle's question. "...Shoes suck. I'll be honest. They just aren't fun to wear. I actually tried them out when I first came to the community. They just don't have the same...intimacy with the earth. I'm used to the wild. The feel of mud, dirt, branches...I already miss it...but you, you are worth it." He said with a smile. Following Isabelle to the guest room, Jexel blushed as she smiled and tossed his pajamas to the side, almost fearful that more than just his paws, teeth, and ears had changed. And yet, he was bewitched by her charm once more, finding himself malleable to her every whim. Soon they were in bed, making love as man and woman, rather than half-beast and woman. "H-Happy birthday Isabelle..." He said with a smile before gently and passionately locking his lips with hers.

The next morning Isabelle awoke before Jexel once again, turning back towards him. She couldn't help a smile come across her face as she recalled the events of the night prior. Making love to a human Jexel was so much better than she thought it would be. She always enjoyed the feel of Jexel's fur across her skin, it was warm and comforting but when it was skin against skin...it was so much sexier to her. She couldn't help but bite her bottom lip at the thought, drawing closer to him and kissing him gently to wake him. Climbing a top of him, she bent low and kissed him along his jaw and back to his lips, "Wake up you, we have a big day today" she said with a grin, she was happier than she had ever been before. Once Jexel was awake, Isabelle slid off him and began to dress, slipping into Jexel's new pajamas for comfort. She left the room, informing Jexel to join her once he dressed in the new clothes Regina laid out for him, and walked to the kitchen where breakfast was well on its way thanks to the Regina. "Hey I need clothes and stuff to wear. I don't want to see my dad in my same clothes from last night."
"Lucky for you we are the same size, have your pick of my closet." Regina answered, flipping the pancakes she was making.
Isabelle went down to Regina's room and rummaged through her closet, pulling a brand new blue lace flowy dress that came up above the knee and matching sandals. No need for combat boots today, they weren't going to be trekking through the wilderness. She wanted to look beautiful for Jexel and also wanted to dress nicely for probably one of the most important introductions of her life. Isabelle let her hair hang loosely over her shoulders, decorating her ears and neck with jewelry, and her eyes and lips with makeup before proceeding back to the kitchen to meet Jexel.

Jexel awoke to the feeling of Isabelle's lips on his. The memory of the night before flooded to him as he opened his eyes to Isabelle's beautiful visage over him. The feelings were so unique, like nothing he had ever thought before. Without fur, he was able to experience everything offered to its fullest. It was...strange, but incredible. Once she saw that he was up, Isabelle slid out of bed and dressed in the PJs that were tossed aside the night before, leaving him to dress himself while she checked on Regina. With a sigh of contentment, he arose from the bed and dressed slowly into the new clothes, still getting used to the feeling of anything but his sweater and jeans on his new skin. After getting dressed, he walked out to the kitchen and waited for Isabelle, giving a shy nod of acknowledgment to Regina. As his girlfriend walked out, dressed in beautiful attire, Jexel stood with mouth agape and eyes in awe. "Isabelle...you look amazing!" He spoke finally, taking her hand in his and holding her close, just to look at her in amazement. As much as he loved her natural look in the wilderness, he couldn't deny for a second that she looked ravishing with all the makeup and jewelry.

Isabelle was pleased with Jexel's reaction, it was what she was going for. She kissed him quickly and led him to the table to enjoy breakfast. The whole thing still felt like a dream and Isabelle thought for sure she would wake up soon but until then she would enjoy every last second. Once they had their fill of breakfast, Isabelle called her father, "Hi Daddy...I'm ok...yes he's here. Well I can't wait for you to meet him too....Jexel...Jeexxeell....Yes...No that's impossible. How could you have possibly heard that name before? It's unique to his community....People have weird names all the time daddy, like...Axl Rose. See? Very similar...anyway I wanted to see when you're free....lunch? Perfect....Your office? Sounds like a plan....ok see you then."
Turning towards Regina and Jexel, Isabelle said, "Looks like we're meeting my dad for lunch. I'm kind of nervous. Should I be?"
"Should you be?!" Regina said, "You know your dad is going to grill him right? Get ready for the third degree is all I gotta say."
"Gina!"
"What?! By the way, I'm coming. I'm not missing this for the world."
Isabelle just rolled her eyes. She didn't want Jexel to worry but how could she ease him when she was just as worried. They all had the same story but her father was very good at detecting a liar and it was the first time she had brought anyone to actually meet him. The whole situation would be nerve-wrecking but they had a few hours before they had to face the music. Instead, Isabelle suggested they all go for a walk. Jexel hadn't seen the community under the daylight yet and she was anxious to walk around outside with him, hand in hand. Once breakfast was complete and cleaned up, the three walked outside into the community, Isabelle interlocking fingers with Jexel and walking side by side down the streets. A few of the community members glanced over at them but didn't pay much mind. A few of the guys threw a few scowls Jexel's way but Isabelle continued walking proudly next to her beloved. They entered a few stores, glanced around and continued to the next. At one point, Isabelle stopped in the middle of the road, standing directly in front of Jexel, looking into those hazel eyes. "I just want to do this just once," she said, pulling him down to her and kissing him out in the open for the first time since they met. It was an amazing feeling to feel so free with him. To kiss him in the middle of an entire community without fear they would be imprisoned or killed for loving each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.