Migma

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Y-Yeah, go ahead...I'll be fine..." Jexel spoke, beginning to recover at a quicker rate now. Drying his tears, he picked himself up from the ground and helped Isabelle to her feet. After guiding her back to the human community as close as he dared to approach, he made his way back towards the half-breed border. However, the second he knew that he was alone, he began to make his way back to the Shaman's house. His innate sense of direction and beast-like agility returned to him with his original form as he broke out into his four-pawed sprint once more, letting his muscles move the way they were meant to. It felt good to have the wind in his fur again, and the feeling of the dirt and branches under his feet brought back his pride in his heritage. He was a beast, tried and true, and nothing could be done about that...but there was nothing to stop him from trying. Skidding to a stop at the shaman's door, he knocked rapidly, hoping that she would be willing to speak at such an hour of the night.

The knock at her door came at no surprise to the shaman. She knew exactly who was there, she was expecting him. She arose from her table and walked slowly over to the door. Opening it, the familiar face of the half-breed she turned just 24 hours before into a human, greeted her. "Little lynx...I've been expecting you. Come in" she said, gesturing for Jexel to follow her. She returned to her seat at the table, grinding a few herbs together as she spoke, "I know why you are here. I saw it in my tea this morning but I want to hear it from you.....why are you here little lynx?"

The shaman was prepared for the lynxling, opening her door wide to welcome Jexel within the confines of her abode. Having a seat at her table, still looking around awkwardly at the sudden welcome, he began to spoke with a quiver in his voice. "Um...I-I, uh... I want you to teach me h-how to change into a human... O-Or at least, help me do something...anything...to go back when I please. P-Please..." He spoke, choking back tears and clenching his paws together. He still wasn't sure if this was the best thing, but he couldn't let himself feel doubts. Everything and anything...he would do it all and more for Isabelle, just to make her happy.

She continued to grind the herbs together as he spoke, smiling lightly at his words. "You do not possess the magic necessary to learn how to change yourself...but I shall help you." She added the freshly ground herbs to a small bottle, adding in a few other liquids. She stood up and opened the cupboards in her kitchen pulling out the jar of Jexel's blood and bringing it to the table. Adding a few drops of Jexel's blood, the shaman took a blade and cut her arm, adding her own blood to the mixture. Shaking the bottle, she handed the red liquid to Jexel. "Ever since I saw your visit in my tea leaves this morning, I have been working on this mixture for you. The bottle contains two 24-hour doses. I've been enchanting the mixture since early morning. Half a bottle is one day, the other half is the other...My only request is...when I'm running low on half-breed blood...I'm going to find you and you will give me as much as I need. Pick your days wisely little lynx...this will be last gift I give you generously. You will draw too much attention to me. I will be moving on soon." The shaman stood from her seat, opening the door to her home, "Do not come and find me again, the house will be empty when you return. I will find you when I need you."

"Uh, r-right! Thank you... thank you so much..." Jexel said as he left the house, still confused as to how everything came together so smoothly. Making his way back to the Puma household, he snuck inside without causing too much of a ruckus, hiding the jar the shaman gave him and going to bed without alerting the sleeping couple. It had been a long and emotional ride that day, and it took it's toll on the lynxling. His muscles ached, his jaw was sore, and he didn't want to move at all, a first-time feeling for him. The morning only served to amplify the feeling ten-fold, but he forced himself up anyways, his desire to see Isabelle again overriding any qualms he may have had. That, and he needed some fresh air, or something to clear his head. After last night's events, his head had been covered in a kind of fog. He couldn't think...he didn't want to for that matter. With a curt and quiet "Good morning" to the puma couple, he left the house and made his way slowly and tiredly to the wilderness, back to the tree that he knew and loved so much.

Isabelle returned to the party. A few of her friends asked for Jexel, others asked if they were ok but Regina kept them all away from her. "I just need to forget Jexel for a while," Isabelle told Regina as she took the bottle Regina had in her hand. She spent the rest of the night, consuming as much alcohol as she could find until she was incoherent and Regina had to cut her off. Eventually Isabelle passed out on the couch forcing Regina to end the party and tend to her friend. She awoke a few times in the night to puke, Regina holding her hair up, and a bucket for her to use. The morning came and the sun hit Isabelle like a concrete wall. She was still slightly nauseous and had a splitting headache. She stood up and took a cold shower to try to wake herself up, removing all the dirt from the prior night. She tossed her hair up in a bun, with some of Regina's sweats, a t-shirt and boots. Throwing on Regina's large sunglasses she grabbed another bottle of alcohol and went out the door.
"Wait!" called Regina from behind her, "What are you doing?" she asked.
"Going to meet Jexel like I always do." she snapped.
"Why do you have a bottle in your hand?"
"Because this hang over is impossible to deal with and I need this right now."
"No you don't. I know what this is about. Your upset. Your upset at the situation but don't take this out on him. It's not his fault. It's no ones fault."
"It's someone's alright...its mine. It's my fault. I should've known better but stupid, rebellious me. I have to go and fall in love with the one man I can NEVER be with. You said it yourself. We will never be accepted. So I'm just going into the wilderness like I always do and be with him there because I can't be away from him because I love him so much. I'm a damn fool. The alcohol makes me forget that."
"Don't do it" Regina said attempting to take the bottle away from Isabelle.
"Stay away from me" Isabelle said, stepping away from Regina and running into the wilderness.

By the time she made it to the tree, she had already consumed more than half the bottle. The hangover was pretty much gone being replaced now by a drunken feeling. She was beginning to stumble a little but made it to the tree. She looked up and the trees seemed to swirl around her. "Woooo" she said and laughed, "How am I supposed to climb up there if the branches keep moving like that? Oh..it's like an obstacle course. Oh Jexel this is genius" she said incoherently. She took another deep gulp from the bottle and attempted to climb the tree. "Do these branches just keep going higher and higher?" she asked herself as she tried to hold on to the branch without letting go of the bottle. Eventually she fell to the ground, she didn't feel it at that point, the alcohol making her a bit numb. She just stood on the ground and drank some more. "Yeah...babe...I'm just gonna wait for you here" she said stumbling over her words.

Isabelle was on the ground when Jexel arrived, bottle in hand. Walking over to her, he sat down by her side. "H-Hey... what's with the bottle? After last night, I expected you to be done with that stuff for a while..." He spoke carefully, deeply concerned for her. His nose crinkled up at the smell of her breath, coated thick in the scent of alcohol. The smell was appalling to his sensitive nose, and her wavering form was difficult for him to concentrate on. She was...different, and seeing her in such a strange new light was difficult for Jexel. After a sigh and a shake of his head, he looked over to Isabelle, holding her head still for him to focus on. She was still beautiful, no matter what she did or said or looked like. But upon looking deeper into her eyes, there was a misty expression that just didn't match the beauty he saw. She was dulled, and no spark of love or passion could bring her back while she was under the influence. "Isabelle, come on, why are you still drinking?" He asked in vane, already knowing the answer.

Jexel finally arrived a short while later and joined her on the ground. "Hiii, babe..." she said attempting to smile which looked a little odd with how drunk she already was. "Oh this?" she asked pointing to the bottle, "I turned 21 remember? I can drink as much as I want and no one can tell me a damn thing...see," she continued as she took another swig from the bottle. She had made it almost to the end of the bottle in the time it took Jexel to arrive and it looked as though the entire wilderness was spinning to her. He held her head in between his paws. She tried to focus but it was difficult, "Why are you spinning? Stop that...you're going to make me nauseous" she said, drinking just a little more. "...Well...at first I drank because the hang over was just unbearable. You know no one ever tells you about how bad it is when you start to recover, its really horrible actually," she rambled on and on until she brought herself back to the subject, "then I drank because I was kind of sad and kind of mad too. You. You did that," she said, removing his hands from her face roughly, finishing what was left inside the bottle. "Oh no...it finished. I'll be right back. I just have to go and get another one. I haven't passed out yet so I need to drink some more. Maybe another bottle will be good enough," she said making an attempt to stand up. Everything was spinning violently as she attempted to take a step forward, she didn't go far before she had stumbled on the ground again. She stood on the ground and started to cry, pushing at Jexel as he tried to come closer to her, "You did this...you gave me a taste of what its like to be with you, to be free with you, to love you out in the open and then you take it away from me just as quickly. I wasn't ready!" she cried out to him, letting herself fall onto the floor, crying into the bare earth beneath her. "...I wasn't ready...." she said softly now, "I need to pass out. I need to forget what that felt like. I loved it. I loved every second of yesterday and its gone and I need to forget it. I need it to be gone. Then it won't hurt anymore. Then we can go back to being like it used to be...but yesterday needs to be gone first."

Status
Not open for further replies.