Migma

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mention of Isabelle's father sent shivers up Jexel's spine. Story or no, he was excruciatingly nervous to meet the man that would have killed him only a few weeks ago. It was hard to imagine that he would be meeting the man face-to-face, speaking to him on almost equal terms. It almost invigorated him, the thought of being seen as an equal rather than a beast. With this in mind, he walked out of the door with Isabelle out to the human community for the first time in daylight. It was difficult getting used to the sights and sounds, as well as the people who looked upon him as he held her hand. He couldn't help but smile as he saw the jealous glares of a few men, glad that he could be there to show that Isabelle was taken. It was reassuring, and it gave him an ease of mind that he hadn't had since his transformation. Entering stores and looking around was such a new experience for him, it took him a while to simply get his bearings. Isabelle stopped him in the middle of the road after walking a while, turning to look directly into his eyes. As she pulled him down for a kiss, he felt his heart jump for joy. It was such a freeing feeling to be with her in the midst of the only world he knew, so he embraced both it and her, kissing her deeply and happily. After their kiss, Jexel smiled warmly, his eyes aglow with adoration at the moment they shared.

The hours passed quickly and before long lunch time had arrived. It was time for Jexel to meet Isabelle's father. The three walked together to the City Hall building of the community where Isabelle's father worked. In comparison to the City Hall building in the half-breed community, the human's community's building was ostentatious and grandiose. The white sandstone building stretched across an entire city block with a courtyard in the middle, various sculptures and marble columns adorning the entrance way. Inside the main entrance were steps leading to a two-story main hall with murals painted across the walls. The office of the Mayor was on the second story. Heading towards her father's office, the three climbed the steps and were greeted by the Mayor's secretary. The secretary immediately recognized Isabelle and allowed her to wait with Regina and Jexel inside the Mayor's office. He would be there shortly, he was called to a quick meeting but was expecting them.

Waiting in her father's office made her extremely nervous. The only thing Isabelle wanted right now was to have Jexel and her father get along and be fond of each other. They waited in her father's office for what seemed like an eternity -- it was only 15 minutes -- before he entered. Her father approached her immediately, giving her a big hug and kiss, doing the same for Regina until ultimately stopping at Jexel. Isabelle's father was not a very tall man, he was average height but his demeanor made him appear larger than he was with green eyes that matched Isabelle's. He looked at Jexel curiously before extending his hand, "Have we met before?" he asked him. Isabelle's father had a feeling he had seen Jexel somewhere before. Thankfully, to Isabelle's relief, her father didn't realize the man standing before him was the same half-breed he sentenced to death a month before.

Waiting in the Mayor's office was the most testing wait Jexel had ever been through. He thought that nothing could be worse than waiting for a turn on death row, but this...waiting to meet the father of the woman he loves, blew his expectations out of the water. Even so, he kept himself calm, doing his best from breaking out into a cold sweat. Fifteen of the longest minutes he had ever experienced later, and her father appeared. His short stature mixed with his commanding visage shot a jolt of panic through Jexel. Taking a deep breath, he stood up to meet Isabelle's father with respect, taking the hand extended towards him and giving it a precise and firm shake. "I don't think we've met, sir, but the pleasure is mine." He said with a smile, doing his best to be seen as a model man.

Isabelle's father examined Jexel from top to bottom. In his mind he had seen Jexel before, he just couldn't place where. Returning Jexel's firm hand shake, the Mayor shook his head, dismissing the thought and said, "Likewise...James right?"
"Jexel" Isabelle interjected.
"Right. Jexel." The Mayor said before leading the three outside of his office and back out into the community. Isabelle's father had a restaurant he favored for business meetings. Although this wasn't a business meeting, it was still important. Isabelle had never introduced him to any of her suitors. Jexel was the first and therefore must've been extremely important to her. The restaurant was classy but not too elegant. Luckily, they were all appropriately dressed. A few men in the restaurant looked over at Isabelle, who in turned sat closer to Jexel, holding his hand. The Mayor ordered a few appetizers before turning his attention to Jexel.
"So Jexel, how long have you been seeing my daughter?" the Mayor asked.
"Since the trip to District C" Isabelle said.
"Hmm...Izzy...I'm talking to Jexel."
Isabelle dropped her eyes at her father's statement. It was her father's way of saying butt out. Jexel was on his own now. Her father would think something was up if she continued to interject. She could only hope that Jexel remembered the entire story and wasn't too panicked from her father's questions. Knowing her father, he would drill into Jexel until he was satisfied enough with all the answers.
"Tell me about yourself. How old are you? What are you studying in school? Do you have a job?" the Mayor asked, attention completely upon Jexel.

Isabelle's father put Jexel on edge the second he began speaking, but he didn't let it phase him much. All he needed to do was breath, in, and out. Keeping his cool was the best thing for the situation, and he kept this in mind as the man lead the way to a restaurant that was much fancier than anything Jexel had ever seen before. Having Isabelle sit so close to him gave him confidence as the mayor ordered appetizers and began to question him. He smiled as Isabelle interjected, glad to know that she was doing her best. Looking the mayor in the eye, he began to answer his questions. "Isabelle is right, sir. We met during your trip to my home District. I am twenty-one at the moment, but only for a couple more months. In school, my focuses are inclined towards...craftier trades. Sure, most people would just consider that a hobby, but I go a bit further than arts and crafts. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for work. I've been lucky to have close friends to offer me a place to stay, but I intend to begin paying rent when I find a solid working position. Until that time though, I hunt and fish to provide for myself." Jexel spoke with a calm smile, eyes on the mayor with focus. He was doing his best to abstain from telling a flat out lie, knowing that his tells would still be evident if he did.

Isabelle was impressed with how calm and relaxed Jexel seemed. He looked poised, confident and focused, a much different Jexel than she was used to. This Jexel seemed to be in complete control of himself, perhaps a lack of powers helped keep him settled. The Mayor listened attentively to Jexel as he spoke.
"So you are an artist then?" he asked.
"No daddy, not like you think" Isabelle interjected once more, "Jexel's work is more on the side of building and crafting goods, equipment and apparel for the benefit of other community members. The various objects Jexel creates serve practical purposes and not simply for viewing pleasure...Sorry to interject. I'm just proud of what I've seen him accomplish." Isabelle said, smiling lightly at Jexel.
"Hmm, ok. I see, you're well on your way to being an innovator of sorts. Impressive. Looking for work but you're autonomous? You no longer live with your parents? What kind of work do they do?"
The appetizers arrived shortly after, Isabelle was too nervous to eat properly. Everything seemed to be going well but you could never really tell with her father.
"Jexel...what are your intentions for my daughter?"

Hmm, what were his intentions for her? They never really talked about the future. They constantly had to live in the now, in the present, the future seemed so distance and unreachable at times. Isabelle and Jexel had talked about running away together, living somewhere alone and maybe even having children one day but it was never really a serious conversation. It was usually just passing comments they made to each other. She leaned in closer and waited in anticipation for Jexel's response.

Jexel smiled at Isabelle's interjection once more, giving her hand a small squeeze under the table. As her father spoke again, Jexel readjusted himself and answered again. "T-Thank you, sir. I...I don't live with my parents, no. I'm afraid they are no longer..." Jexel forced himself to keep a straight face and choke back his tears at the mention of his parents, continuing with only a little delay. "...no longer around. They passed away a long time ago." Blinking back a tear or two, he took a deep breath to sooth his nerves, squeezing Isabelle's hand for reassurance before moving on to his next question. "My intentions for her? W-Well, I'm unsure of what our future has in store, sir. I can only say that I'm doing what I can to make things work between your daughter and myself. The last thing I would want to do is fall out of favor with either of you." Jexel spoke, still doing his best to uphold his confidence in the face of Isabelle's father.

"My sympathies for your loss. I was unaware. You seem to be doing well for yourself given the circumstances. Still in school, living practically on your own, looking for work....hmm..." The Mayor didn't say anything else but only smiled when Jexel answered regarding his intentions for Isabelle. The group continued to speak over lunch, eating, drinking and having regular casual conversation. Isabelle's father engaging Jexel. His demeanor had changed as the conversation continued. At first her father was rigid and on the defense but as the lunch went on he was relaxed and comfortable. When they were done, Isabelle's father began to excuse himself having to return to the office to continue his duties as Mayor. "Jexel, it was a pleasure to meet you. Take care of my daughter. I assume it goes without mention but...if you hurt her, I kill you." he said with a small smile, shaking his hand and heading out the door. Isabelle followed behind her father quickly, leaving Jexel with Regina for a moment. She stopped her father once he was outside the restaurant, "Daddy...well....what do you think?"
Her father smiled, "He seems like a nice guy. Good head on his shoulders and looks like he really cares for you. Enjoy your relationship. Bring him by the house to meet your mother. I'll let her know you're coming" he said and walked off.
Isabelle couldn't fit in her own skin. They did it! Her father actually approved of Jexel! Regina and Jexel met up with Isabelle shortly after. She ran into Jexel's arms giving him a big strong hug. "He approves!" she squealed with the biggest grin she could possibly muster, kissing him hard, forcing poor Regina to shake her head and look away. "Come on. Now you have to meet my mom. Piece of cake compared to my dad. Time you spend some time at my house under normal circumstances" she said with a smile as the three walked over to Isabelle's house.

Jexel kept his cool through the entirety of lunch, which was a miracle in itself. Perhaps it was because of his powers being taken away, but he didn't really care. He was just happy to loosen up along with Isabelle's father as the meal drew on. After shaking his hand goodbye, Jexel gave a great sigh of relief, releasing all of the pent up anxiety that was bottled up inside of him. A while later, he and Regina met back up with Isabelle. As Isabelle ran into Jexel's arms, he let out a laugh and spun her around, just happy to see her again. When she gave him the news of her father's approval, he could only help but accept her kiss gratefully. As they released their lips, Jexel smiled shyly and blushed. It still felt like such a new experience that his stomach tied itself in knots once more, as though he were falling in love with her all over again. At the mention of meeting her mother, he felt another jolt of excitement and terror run through his body. This feeling remained until they all reached Isabelle's abode, his heart beating faster and his breaths becoming heavier. Before entering the house, he forced himself to take a deep breath, pushing all his fear from his mind and calming himself down once more. He was ready...

Isabelle's home was the largest in the entire community, only befitting for the Mayor that resided inside. Isabelle was excited to have Jexel come inside during the day and see more than just the inside of her room. They arrived at the front of the house, Jexel taking a deep breath. Isabelle held his hand in hers, "The worst is over, trust me...this is the EASY part." Isabelle rang the bell to alert her mother of their arrival and unlocked the door. "Mother!" she called as they entered the home. Isabelle's mother appeared almost immediately, greeting the three warmly with hugs and kisses. "Oh you must be Jexel, Frank told me all about you! It's such a pleasure to meet you. I made cake, would you like cake? Come, eat cake." Isabelle's mother said, wrapping her arm around Jexel's shoulder and leading him to the kitchen.

Isabelle's mother was very kind and everyone always said her mother was just an older version of herself, which was true. Isabelle always knew she would look just like her mother as she aged. She never worried about Jexel meeting her mother. Her mother loved everyone, well, except half-breeds. She agreed with most humans on the half-breed issue, which really was unfortunate because both her parents took well to Jexel. Both enjoyed his company and both approved of their relationship. It wouldn't be so simple if her parents knew Jexel's true form. They all sat in the kitchen, Isabelle's mother practically force feeding them. She had laid out every dessert possible, from cake to cookies to ice cream. "Well Jexel, you must be someone special. Isabelle has never brought a boy home and we are happy to have you here with us. Izzy why don't you give Jexel a tour of the house?" her mother said. Isabelle smiled, taking Jexel's hand into hers and leading him across the house, explaining each room and its purpose. Isabelle's house was twice the size of Regina's. The last place was Isabelle's bedroom. She opened the doors wide, letting him inside before closing them behind her. "And this is my room, but I'm sure you remember it well" she said through giggles. She was happy, she was giddy, it was the best birthday of her entire life.

Jexel didn't have time to think as Isabelle's mother lead him to the kitchen, not giving him a second to form a response. A little while later, after many sweets had practically been force-fed to the three of them, the kind woman looked to Isabelle, allowing her to give Jexel a tour of the house. It took some time, but the couple made their way through the entire house. It was bigger than any home he had ever seen, and he was still getting over the shock as he was lead into Isabelle's bedroom. As she closed the doors behind them, Jexel let out a breath of relief, glad to be in a familiar space. "Y-Yeah, how could I forget this place? It only feels like yesterday that I almost burned it down... Eh, sorry for that, by the way..." He laughed, glad just to be around Isabelle so openly. Both her parents had accepted him, and he hadn't lied about anything they asked. It was almost pride inducing, knowing that he didn't need to change his history to be accepted by the humans. Looking at the giggling woman at his side, Jexel took her in his arms and gave her a kiss through chuckles of his own. "So, I guess your parents like me, huh? Who woulda guessed?" He said after their kiss, still holding her close.

Isabelle enjoyed the feel of Jexel's arms around her as he held her close, kissing her through their chuckles. It was unbelievable the day they were having. Everything they could possibly want for their relationship was coming true on that day, her birthday. "I always knew they would like you. The problem wasn't them liking you, the problem was getting them to see past your appearance. Glad we found a way around that" she said as Jexel held her in his arms. Isabelle's phone buzzed as they held each other. Checking it, she received a message from Regina:
Ur mom needs stuff from the store. I volunteered 2 go w/her. U got bout 20mins. Have fun! ;)
Regina was always the perfect wing man and Isabelle always helped when Regina needed the same favor. Recently, however, Regina was helping a lot more but it was only because Isabelle chose to fall in love with a half-breed instead of a human. Isabelle showed the message to Jexel, reading it aloud for him to understand. "It's not proper grammar because it's a text message. It's like writing someone a really fast message. You want to send it quickly so you abbreviate longer words. Anyway...we're alone in the house..." she said as she started pushing him backwards lightly with her hand until he was laid out on her bed. She climbed on top of him, kissing him all over, "You remember almost burning down my room, I remember the first time we slept in the same bed together. I remember snuggling next to you even though we had only known each other for a couple weeks. I remember caring for you and making you breakfast. I remember...our first kiss was in this room." Removing only the clothes necessary, the two made love quickly on Isabelle's bed, further adding to the memories held within the four corners of her bedroom.

Once done, they redressed and headed out of the room quickly. Last thing Isabelle needed was to still be in her room when her mother arrived. The two sat close to each other on the couch and watched a program on Isabelle's massive television screen. Shortly after, her mother arrived with Regina. Isabelle and Regina winked to each other when Isabelle's mother wasn't looking. They spent some more time with Isabelle's mother before bidding her goodbye and proceeding back towards Regina's house. What Isabelle was unaware was that Regina had a surprise party waiting at her home with all of Isabelle's closest friends from school. The night was fast approaching, sun starting to set as they entered Regina's home, both girls completely forgetting that Jexel only had a few hours left before he returned to his true form. "SURPRISE!" came a big shout as Isabelle entered the home first, all the lights turning on, revealing a decorated living room with streamers, balloons and all her friends from school holding a big cake. Isabelle was taken a back from the shock but she couldn't be happier. She greeted each and every one of her friends, thanking them for coming and introducing them to Jexel. Their greetings were returned with a few "Finally!s or "It's about time!s" but everyone was warm and welcoming to Jexel.

After seeing Regina's message to Isabelle, he grinned as she pushed him back to her bed. That whole day he had constantly been reminded of how in love he was with the girl, and it showed as they made love once more, even in the short span of time they had alone. It was as though he had never been half-breed at all. The whole day made him forget the turmoil and trouble that the couple went through to be together. After redressing and meeting Isabelle's mother in the living room, they talked for a little while longer before heading back to Regina's house. The sun was quickly setting as they entered through the doorway, only to be met by a shout of "SURPRISE!" Jexel's shy side quickly came out again as Isabelle happily dragged him around, introducing him to everyone at the party. By the end of it all his face was red with embarrassment, unsure at how to react to such a large crowd. After some time enjoying the party, doing his best to socialize with those who talked to him, he took a glance at the clock. 11 o'clock... Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something? He thought to himself.

The night pressed on, the party grew bigger and louder as music filled the room. All the guests were laughing and dancing, Regina passing alcohol to each person. Isabelle was the last of the group to turn 21 and she couldn't be happier to have her first drink. Regina handed her two and Isabelle brought them down quickly, howling and fist pumping afterwards. She was having an amazing time, "Told you I would make a much better wolf than a doe" she said to Jexel in his ear and laughed. Regina was talking to a few guys herself in a corner, dancing and grinding between them when she caught sight of the clock, "11:55pm, hey Izzy your birthday is almost over! You got 5 minutes left!" she shouted across the room. She couldn't help but have a strange feeling that she was forgetting something. She looked around the room, catching sight of Jexel than turning back to the clock. Jexel...the clock. "Oh no" she said as she made her way through the crowd and to Jexel, "Jexel, you have about 5 minutes before you turn. You need to get out of here before you turn into a half-breed in front of every one" she whispered in his ear. She did her best to make her way around all the people that were in her house and to the closet where her tote bag still had his old clothes, handing the bag to him and telling him to hurry.

Jexel was discomforted by the scale of the party, having difficulty fitting in as time passed. All he could rely on was the presence of Isabelle by his side for most of the night. He simply shook his head and chuckled at Isabelle's drunkenness, turning down all alcohol offered to him, preferring not to have his senses dulled at any time. Years in the half-breed community taught him that. Yeah...half-breed... I'm a half-breed! He was finally reminded of what had been bugging him for so long, and Regina's approach only solidified that fact. As soon as he heard the time, he bolted, grabbing the bag from Regina with a quick "Thank you" before rushing out the door. As he ran, Jexel clumsily put his hoodie back on over his clothes. Putting the hood over his head, he came in sight of the border. Doing everything he could to make it to the wilderness in time, he rushed onward with haste... but to no avail. Midnight struck, and he was only a few hundred feet from escape at the time. It overcame him, the pain of all his bones shifting once more, his physical form breaking down again to remake his image. The pain choked him, all the air leaving his lungs at once from dropping to the ground from a sprint. His face was scratched up from the fall, but that was the least of his concerns as his hands and feet began turning back into paws. He wasn't ready, and he wasn't silent. His cry of pain echoed out louder than he ever thought possible, likely alerting everyone to his presence. Why hadn't he paid attention? Why couldn't he have just been born human? These questions and more crossed his mind as his cry petered out, leaving him choking on the ground for air as the pain constricted his lungs. It was all too soon that Jexel simply blacked out, unable to take it anymore.

Before Isabelle had a chance to understand what was happening, Jexel was bolting out the door, "Wait..." she called back to him. She was drunk and stumbling over herself but she followed behind Jexel anyway, drink still in hand. "Where are you going? What happened?" she mumbled. Regina and Jexel had not informed her of how Jexel would turn back or even what time. She called out to Jexel as she watched him sprint towards the wilderness and that's when she heard it, the sound of bones cracking and Jexel's crys. She ran to him as he hit the floor, setting the bottle to the side. She could hear Regina shouting behind her, "What are you looking at?! Get back inside! What?! Never seen someone fight and pass out drunk before?! Get inside!!" People were beginning to look over, trying to catch a glimpse of what was happening. Isabelle threw herself over Jexel, who had passed out and reverted back to his original form. "Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no.." she repeated. The guests from the party were starting to come closer, suspicious of the sight before them, Regina having a difficult time keeping them away. Isabelle was running out of time, Jexel's paws visible as he laid out on the ground. He was able to put the hoodie over his head but the transformation broke the shoes he wore and the sleeves didn't cover his paws completely. "Jexel...." she shook at him, "Jexel wake up please....now would be a good time to keep going. Please. Jexel someone is going to notice you please....now would be a good time to ignite something on fire....please" she continued to shake him but he didn't respond. She didn't know what to do.

There were a few stones within reachable distance. Isabelle grabbed a few and began hurling them at the people that were coming closer. "Stay back!" she exclaimed. It helped keep the people at a distance where they didn't see Jexel but it made them all the more curious as to why they couldn't approach. Isabelle shook Jexel more, still no response. She slammed the rocks together from frustrating causing a small spark to appear. "Of course!" she exclaimed. She remembered Jexel had taught her how to start her own fire when they spent the night together in the wilderness. Pouring the remaining alcohol on the ground, she used the stones to ignite it. The fire caught quickly, spreading across the grass in front of her. She could hear people shouting "Fire! Fire!" as chaos began to ensue. "I can't believe I'm doing this again," she said to herself as she grabbed Jexel's arms and dragged his limp body into the wilderness. It was difficult, she didn't have much coordination due to the drunkenness but she dragged him as far in as she could, disappearing from the madness before her. She didn't worry about the fire, it wasn't big enough and the people put it out quickly but the distraction enabled her to get away and hide Jexel before he was noticed. She leaned him up against a tree the best she could, running off to the side from the nausea as she began to hurl. All the alcohol, stress and Jexel's weight brought everything back up. "Oh Jexel," she said when she was able to compose herself, "here we are again." Her hair was a mess with leaves and dirt, Regina's dressed was ripped and the sandals were broken. She even lost one of the earrings from the chaos. The whole thing hit her like a ton of bricks. The past 24 hours were only a dream and reality was setting in. Jexel was not human, Jexel was a half-breed. Human Jexel would be accepted, half-breed Jexel would not. And it was half-breed Jexel she loved, human Jexel did not really exist. The whole thought made tears well up in her eyes and she began to cry.

Jexel awoke gasping for air in sudden gulps. The suffocation had taken it's toll as he struggled to regain vision, steady breath, and coordination all at once. Collapsing to his hands and knees, he began coughing violently to the ground, trying desperately to focus on what had just happened. The residual pain had worn off just as fast as when the spell began, but his head remained unclear. The sound of Isabelle crying beside him was the only thing he could discern, so he made his way towards the sound, stumbling constantly as he tried to recall how to use his paws. After a few slips, he made his way next to Isabelle, still trying to shake the fog from his vision. He had a splitting headache now, piercing his head like an arrow, but through clenched teeth and closed eyes he was able to take the crying girl's hand in his own, stroking it gently. As the migraine eased up, Jexel began to speak, doing his best to keep them both calm. "I'm so sorry Isabelle. I wasn't paying attention. Please, please forgive me... Please forgive me..." And he uttered the phrase over and over, quietly and gently, doing everything to still their hearts.

Isabelle's crying was interrupted by the sounds of Jexel gasping for air. He collapsed and coughed violently, worrying Isabelle. She wasn't sure what to do or how to handle it. Was this still residual effects of the spell? She was afraid to touch him in the case she hurt him inadvertently. He stumbled towards her until he held her hand in his paw. Isabelle stared at the paw that held her hand. Only a few hours ago, she was interlocking fingers with Jexel, now...he could only hold it. She tried her best to stifle back the tears. This was life, this was how it really was. Jexel was never supposed to be human, he was a half-breed.

She brought him to her, laying him across her lap, gently stroking his hair and face with her hands. "Shhh, don't apologize. It's not your fault. You tried" she said to him. As much as she wanted to throw a pity party for herself, Jexel had done so much more for her in those 24 hours. He had endured unspeakable pain to give her that day and it was perfect. She loved it and she loved him for doing it for her. She let him rest on her as he recovered from the effects of the spell. "Thank you for what you did for me Jex. Thank you so much. You didn't have to do that. I had probably the best birthday of my life. I love you" she said as she kissed the side of his cheek, continuing to stoke his head gently, leaning against the tree behind herself. She couldn't help it, tears continued to flow down her face.

Jexel began to cry himself as Isabelle laid him across her lap in an almost motherly fashion. It had been one of the best days of his life, and probably hers too, but one forgotten detail left them both as crying masses in the wilderness. Even though his entire being screamed out against it, being human was the best thing to ever happen to him. "I did have to do it...I had to give you everything you've ever deserved and more...and I'd do it again too. I...I would do anything for you. I love you... Happy Birthday..." He spoke through deep breaths, still trying to fill his lungs with oxygen. He couldn't accept it. He wouldn't let everything they had worked toward end there. Meeting Isabelle's parents, that was real life, not a dream. Being seen by all those jealous guys, there was nothing fake about that. This was no dream to Jexel anymore, but rather a cause to work towards. Some how, even if it meant renouncing everything that he was to become human forever, he would find a way to be with Isabelle forever.

Isabelle dried her tears, trying to stop her crying. She kissed Jexel lightly on the lips, reminding herself that it was the half-breed she loved and it was the half-breed she would do anything for. She dried his tears now, "Hey, let's stop crying. There's no use for it. If you feel well enough, I'm going to head back to my party. There's a ton more alcohol I have yet to drink, I'm 21 now you know" she said through a forced smile. It really wasn't the party she wanted to get to, it was the alcohol. The drinks gave her a numbing feeling and what she really wanted was to drink until she didn't feel anymore. Tomorrow would be better, she told herself, tomorrow she could return to her normal life of hiding in the wilderness with Jexel. Tonight...she just needed to drink enough alcohol until human Jexel was no longer in her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.