Midwinter

Karasu realized he was staring too hard and quickly broke eye contact for a moment and looked at the sky. "Oh you aren't interrupting anything, we were just on our way to the markets," he said drifting his eyes back to her. "It is always nice to have people to be social with, so it is no problem at all." Karasu gave her a reassuring smile and then he noticed something from afar behind her.

It was the girl from earlier, Acaia. Wasn't she suppose to be helping her mother with something? Maybe she finished early and was released again. Karasu waved at her, hoping she could join them in the trip to the markets now.

Shiro looked at the girl and then at her ears but he looked away looking at anything but her. it wasn't that he wanted to be rude it was just that he had the urge to want to touch her ears. He walked ahead a few steps watching the people walk around frantically putting things together and chatting about decorarations. It made him wonder what was so special about the festival anyway? He turnned to see Acaia and he raised his eyebrow in a confused manner. What was she doing? he thought she had to go do something. INstead of wondering he called out to her " hey come over here'

Sorrow washed over her. The two people that helped her all this way for her plan disappeared right in front of her. Looking down a bit, she felt a tingle on her hand. A lavender butterfly sat on her finger. She couldn't help but smile. A voice which called out to her startled her a bit. Acaia looked up and saw it was Shiro. A bit aways from him was Karasu waving. The butterfly melted into her skin leaving a butterfly impression as a tattoo. The pain disturbed her but she shook it off and rushed to the boys.

A faint smile spread across her face when reaching Shiro first. "Why you running off from Haru and Karasu?" She winked and grabbed his hand. Acaia pulled him back to Haru and Karasu and smiled. "That's better. " Acaia couldn't help but giggle. The Acaia they met was back. "I'm backkk..." She sung lightly to them with a huge smile and rosy cheeks.

Shiro glanced at Acaia and smiled slightly but then looked over to see exactly were she had come from. Something wasn't right and he had a strange feeling that something was going on or something was going to happen but he said nothing. Instead he walked over to the side inbetween the houses and glanced around as if he were looking for something and then he walked back. " so..um yeah your back" his voice was gentle and he looked at everybody then at the sky as the snow fell. One way or the other he was going to find out.

She was hesitant starting to believe they were on to her. The one person that was alive that could understood her position was the one most suspicious. Her head clouded trying to think of something else. She swayed side to side thinking of something to say. Nothing came to mind to help get the suspicion off of her. Chills ran up her spine and Acaia's hand then tingled from the butterfly. Fingers wiggled to drive a bit of the tingling away. "So... What do you wanna do first in the market?" She asked everyone, still not knowing what to do.

"Glad to have you back. Did you finish with your duties earlier then expected?" he asked her with a soft reassuring smile. Karasu didn't anticipate her coming along with them after she left. The boy looked around the different shops, looking for the one that sold small hand crafted toys and such. He finally found it after a short scan, "Over there, I wanted to get my sister something for the festival." Karasu began to head over to the shop looking at the different merchandise for sale.

"Ah young man, are you looking for anything in particular?" the shop owner asked him.

Karasu continued to look around as he responded, "Just something for my sister sir."

Her face fell to a a bit cold and silent. She looked at her hand and say the butterfly impression. The smile came back to her face. "Yeah. I finished it all. It was earlier than what time I normally leave." Acaia didn't even catch the thing she just said. She ran over to a cute little outfit in the market Karasu headed to. "What about this???" She excited asked Karasu. "Would she like this?" Acaia spoke referring to what he just asked the shop owner. After arguing with her self silently, Acaia came up with the conclusion if one of the three to ask she may just come clean. She also knew she would wait until they were alone so no one heard the plan. She refused to be stopped.

Shiro watched as Acaia followed Karasu over to the shop and he watched silently from were they had left him. he looked down at his finders which were slightly cold and he placed them back in his pockets walking around. He made his way to the edge of the shops were the small alleyways cut through inbetween the houses. He dug up a small black box and opened the box pulling out the money and placing it deep withen his pockets. He buried the box back deep withen the snow before walking back over to kasaru as acaia " sorry im back"

Acaia looked around. Shiro had vanished. Silently confused she walked around to where she was still with Karasu. She looked back at the owner and Karasu. She sighed wondering where the boy went. She began looking around again and caught him right behind them again. Acaia walked right up to him and stuck her tongue out at him. "Shiro was mean." Her childish attitude was coming out as her curiosity still wandered. She bent knelled down to look at him straight in the face. She was being goofy even though Shiro was taller than her already. Her smile and eyes gleamed at him. "Where'd you disappear to? Did you meet up with a crush?" She couldn't help but tease.

"I think that would do great," he said to Acaia's suggestion on the gifts. Karasu got two of them and placed them away in a bag. His attention drifted to the conversation between Shiro and Acaia. "Yeah, where did you run off to Shiro? Perhaps he rescuing a damsel in distress. I can see him as being that type." Karasu also teased with a smirk on his face. His original plan was complete, but thought he would stick around with the group for a bit longer. It wasn't such a bad thing, even perhaps enjoyable.

Nafaeri waved goodbye to the group, wanting to get out of the cold and away from people's eyes. She hated that she was one of the few elves here. He rears always drew attention to her that she sometimes didn't want. Some also forgot how old (or young) she was. She didn't age as a human did. Her aging process was slower and so she lived longer. So even though she appeared to be in her lower 20s, Nafaeri was getting closer to an old man's age.

She moved through the snow with a quiet grace, entering her house to unload herself. She placed her items on the table and sighed. She headed back outside, wanting to help out.

The snow fell heavier as all around was white. She was happy Karasu accepted her idea for his sister. A smile spread across her face out of just how these people made her feel. Upon picking on Shiro, she poked his cheeks and taunted more. Acaia was hungry for a reaction of any kind from the boy. Two individuals picked on him: Acaia and Karasu.

Her eyes looked up at the sky as the white flakes fell. Something was off. It was normal but it had been the first time she personally realized it. Across the wall was most definitely an odd unknown world. It had only been snowing within those walls. One side of the outside was dark sky's and looked like rainfall. On the other side, if you looked by the gate it was cloudy yet still pretty bright and sunny. This puzzled her. She wondered if her newly made friends had realized this but yet she didn't want to bring back up the gate.

Her curiousity over hurting Shiro? The worry of hurting Shiro clearly won. Acaia went back to poking his cheeks then tugged playfully on Karasu's hair. She couldn't help but google as her thoughts about the gate quickly vanished. All she was interested in was picking on these three people she was with. Acaia enjoyed all her time with them and wanted to make it last longer and have some fun while she was at it.

Shiro smirked at Acaia and Karasu and kicked some of the snow that had fallen on his boots. " very very funny guys but no i wasn't rescuing a damsel in distress or a crush i just got something and came back thats all" He looked at acaia's face close to his for a moment and he felt his cheeks warning up so he looked away quickly and fiddled with the bag in his pocket. When she kept poking her cheek he gently grabbed her hand in mid reach of his cheek " why are you poking me?".

The boy's nose was red from the cold and shivered as small snow particles sprinkled his face. "Are you sure? You seem really defensive about it," he replied with a smirk as he wiped the snow off his face. The two pair of pale eyes watched the two teasing each other before looking over to his bag. There was two gifts, he hopped maybe Haru would like a gift as well since she seems to be alone at times.

Acaia giggled. "I agree with 'Rasu." she even winked at him to push the teasing even further. "So who's this girl 'Ro? I want to make sure she is good enough for you." The air continued to nip at the warmth in their bodies. Shivers ran down her spine. She realized his cheeks were red. Naive she figured it was the cold. As his head turned away she wanted to push herself even further. "So there is a girl you like..." her laughing stopped when Karasu's focus went else where.

He didn't even seem to care about her pulling on his hair. She tugged on it more. These two were easy to pick on and she loved them for it. Acaia stopped the hair tugging when Shiro's hand held her. A tingling sensation washed over her. Hardly anyone even touches, this on the other hand was just alien to her. Her face changed into a light pink state but it was shook it off shortly after. "Because I can and it's fun." her smart remark always activated when she was blushing and such.

Melna stood in the middle of the street holding a basket of covered cold tarts humming some sort of song she couldn't remember the name to. Her fury Neko ears twitched underneath her cloak hood making it seem odd that she was wearing one in the first place. The snow had begun to fall harder than before and now covered her fury red tail weighing it down. Melna frowned and bent around brushing the snow off while trying her best not to dump her tarts out. After accomplishing her task she Smiled broadly and began to look around the market for someone who looked like they had a sweet tooth.

It had been a seemingly long boring day with absolutely no excitement...which happened to be her main concern as a young Neko girl with nothing to do. Her tail twitched as she spotted a group of teen looking people with what it seemed lots to talk about. Even if they didn't buy any tarts, surly she could sit and listen. Melna walked up behind one of the boys..a very blue eyed one it seemed. Smiling and swaying she asked " I have sour tarts! would you like some?? " she looked to each of them and bit her lip realizing she had probably just interrupted what they had been just talking about.

Shiro smirked and then noticed her blush on her face. He smiled and placed his other hand in his pocket " well i dont like the poking miss unless i poke you back" he said in a challenging tone and just when he was about to poke her a female apppeared and he looked her way. When she mentioned tarts he thought about for a moment and nodded at the girl " how much for a tart?"

Acaia poked him again. "Like you can get me."Gladly accepting the challenge she was determined to win this. Poke fights were her thing... Or rather would be if she had other friends. Right as she replied to Shiro, she noticed his concentration switch to another girl. Her ears and tail reminded her of Haru. Speaking of Haru, her minded wondered why she hadn't said anything in awhile. The new cat was quite pretty. Really pretty actually... A small flake fell upon her nose tip. She smiled and pawed it off. The girl thought about her plan while the boys were having their sights on her. She knew she would eventually have to tell them. At least... If she actually thought of them as friends she would. She shook her thoughts away and let the girl talk to the boys. She found a group of small kids playing and walked over. Beginning to play with the kids in a snow ball fight she laughed and had fun. Sadly, she really didn't feel she was ready to get any other people to care about. She knew she'd end up hurting them eventually. The kids... They were all going to be hurt after her plan occurs. A ball smashed in her face. She wiped it off and threw a snow ball back.

Menla smiled at the man who had just asked her a question. Now blushing realized...she had forgotten to set the price and hadn't even come across some one who she hadn't just ended up giving one. her eyes drifted to see one of the girls walk away "umm..I just made them because I didn't have anything to do..so" she twitched her tail and looked down at the snow "you can just have one for each of you." she looked at him and grinned "...there not that hard to make." she glanced at over the group again counting how many she would need but only ended up getting distracted by the blue eyes of the man beside her.

Shiro smiled at the girl when he saw her blush and nodded his head slowly watching Acaia walking over to play with some kids. He shivered slightly and looked at the girl, his pale blue eyes staring into her's only for a breif moment and then he looked over at the jewlery shop not to far from where they were standing " thanks thats real nice of you" He smiled warmily at the girl and shivered slightly at the cold whishing it was spring or summer. He reached up and adjusted the hat on his head and then let out a low sigh from the cold.