Midwinter

Shiro smiled at her and felt her lips press against his cheek. When she mentioned Karasu having a crush he looked over and smiled, it kinda reminded him of how he felt about acaia even though they had only jut met. He looked down at her and then gently tilted her face upward before pressing his lips against her's this time letting his tounge brush againt her bottom lip.

Her head tilted and caught her off guard. Asking what now led to this again. It wasn't what she expected in what a reply would have been like but she shrugged it off, letting whatever happened happen.She saw the look on his face and couldn't help but sigh. The warmth of his lips touched her again. Her body melted. Her teeth nipped at his tongue then pushed back in for the kiss. Her mouth slightly opened letting her tongue drifted over his. The sweet taste came back to her once more. Acaia couldn't help but let a small soft moan escape. She want sure what was coming over her. She wanted more. Her hand brushed up his body and into his hair. She gripped it a bit not pulling too hard.

Realizing how they were going it would have gotten hot and heavy. She turned the kiss back into a normal kiss then set their lips free. She smiled at him knowing they were still in the middle of town. Near kids too. They shouldn't keep kissing and almost pettin it out of hand. She grabbed his hand and let their fingers intertwine. "We should do something... Else." She elevated to reach his ear and whisper. "Too many people are watching..." Acaia actually realized she didn't want to flaunt what they were doing. They were still young in the town people's eyes and should have fun. That's what she wanted to do. She didn't know what to do... But she just wanted to have fun with Shiro.

Shiro felt her lips against his and her hands travel up and grab his hair. He gently gripped at her waist and shivered slightly when he felt her nibble at his tounge. When she gave him a light kiss he pressed softly almost to softlyand when he heard her soft moan he felt his lips form a smirk and he resisted the urge to kiss her again. When she wispered in his ear he nodded and laughed a little. He knew that kissing in a public area wasn't a good idea since there was kids around. The town was small and there wasn't much to do but he took her hand, " okay lets go for a walk".

Mela watched his eyes for a moment wondering why he was staring at the sky. She watched intently as small snowflake fell on his cheek breaking him out of the trance.Then to her surprise he poked her on the nose causing her to sit back on her knees covering her nose. she lowered her hand thinking of his question. "....go on an adventure I think...yes that sounds nice."was her answer. Mela did realize that that wasn't quite a response to that question but was to distracted with whimsical thoughts of adventure...and dragons. She frowned. no...not dragons I think...more like horrible owls who hoot in the night and wake up anyone in ear shot. she looked up at the shy, ears perked, and searched for what must have been an interesting object to catch his earlier attention. Finding nothing of the sort to be interested with she looked down at him eyebrows furrowed.

She turned toward where Acaia and Shiro would have been throwing snowballs.Now Acaia and Shiro were in each others arms staring with what she called googly eyes at each other. "what do you suppose is going on over there.....?" a small smile crept to her face

When they stopped, people stopped staring and continued with their own lives. That was one thing about a smill place like theirs that royally made her uncomfortable. People always nosy about other peoples business. His and hand in hers, Acaia simply nodded. "Sure." A walk sounded amazing. She started pacing forward thinking a bit while not really sure where they walk to. Acaia looked in the sky and realized the sun was starting to set. The air even began to chill even more. She knew she would have to sooner or later seperate from Shiro to go home. Her mother worked late that night so it was up to her to clean up around the house. It wasn't like it was filthy it just needed to be tidied up a bit. Her grip on his hand tightened a bit. Her eyes traveled to look at his face. She wondered what was going through that mind of his. As they slowly passed the other two, she waved a bit to Mela trying not to be obvious. Acaia knew she could hit it off with Karasu. She looked back at the sky accidentally beginning to stare.

Shiro walked and looked around at the houses and shops, he glanced over at his father's tailoring shop and knew his dad wouldn't be home till later on that night. He watched as Acaia looked up at the sky and looked up as well but then his thoughts trailed back to his uncle and he wondered when he'd return. He was egar to climb the fence and leave the boring town but the only thing stopping him was his parents and now the friends he was making, and the feelings he was having for Acaia. They walked around for a while waching the snow fall from the trees before he spoke " i was wondering if you wanted to hangout with me durning the festival comming up?".

He asked. It was obvious it was going to be asked eventually even if it was going to be as a group, alone, or even just as friends. Yet it still haunted her. The question she was dreading all that time. The festival. She stopped walking and her head fell to stare at her feet. She kicked the snow lightly. Acaia knew she couldn't hold in her secret any longer. She couldn't lie to him. She looked up with a worried look on her face. "I'd love to..." it was true she wanted to but her plan would have fallen through. Even if it didn't end up happening, she felt it was right to tell him. Her head turned back to the gate. "But..." Her eyes drifted to Karasu and Mela then back to Shiro's. "I was planning on getting out of here. Out of these walls. Adventure out there. Possibly even find your uncle and a few butterflies." She knew if she actually spoke the names of the elderly couple there was a chance he wouldn't believe her. Thus she referred to them as butterflies. Acaia bit her lip and let her head fall again. She didn't want to leave with out her friends, especially Shiro. "I...I can go with you. I'd like that." Acaia even decided to put all the planning to the side. Eventually she'd find a way. Maybe it just wasn't meant to happen just yet. Her thumbs twiddled together in circles as her head still looked at the ground.

Shiro watched her stop and then he was going to ask what was wrong until she told him about her plan on leaving the town and to go in search of his uncle. ll of the words seemed to hit him at once and he had trouble collecting his thoughts. He never expected Acaia to be the one fully commiting herself to leaving the small town of theirs, he was positive many people wanted to venture out but were to scared of what otheres might say and then others didn't have the gut to do so. He tilted her chin up and he smiled " iv'e benn wanting to leave this place for years and i'd be glad to join you just..what about the others? and we'd have to pack items and weapons".

The weight that held her down lifted as he accepted it all. She was surprised. Really she was. Caia figured she'd give it up for all of them or end up being a jerk and continuing the plan. She face was blank. Acaia wanted to smile but she worried about what he was leaving behind. "I was hoping they'd come too... Just I was scared to tell you and everyone else." Her Eyes met his and began to water but a tear never dropped. "What about everything here?" she boldly asked him. He would have left his whole family behind and any other friends he had besides her, Karasu, Haru, and Mela. Her family was only her mother. That poor woman already knew how Acaia felt being locked up. So for Acaia to leave it wasnt a problem. Just the fact she'd possibly be shunned afterwards. She was aware and willing to risk that. "I have been packing and planning for this for several weeks now..."

Shiro closed his eyes and then opened them and looked around the town. He sighed and looked at Acaia " i thought about them but i know i want to leave and thats what im going to do, iv'e packed my stuff also and was planning onleaving just not sure when until now and we can tell them before the festival". He held her breifly before pulling away and shivering. It was getting real cold and it was late, he leaned down and kissed her lips again " we should be heading home".

Her hopes were fulfilled. She was happy. Acaia kissed back as he separated them. She nodded in agreement. "We should..." Acaia quickly hugged him again just incase it was all a dream. The cold seeped through her jacket causing her to shiver. She let go and began to walk away. Acaia stopped and turned around to wave goodbye. "See you tomorrow, Shiro." she hollered. The sky grew dark and lights lit up the outside. It wasn't a lot of light but it was enough to get from one place to another. She walked into her small small house. A spicy smell lingered throughout the house. "Ma?" A middle aged brunet woman poked her head around the corner. The diners work outfit covered her as she must have just started dinner.
"Welcome home 'Aia." her smile was soft and showed no negativity at all. "How was your day?" Acaia fell silent and turned beet red. Her mother poked out her head worried for her daughter didn't answer. "Something wrong?"

"No... Ma, today was great." Acaia smiled like she never had before.

"You meet a boyyyyy?" She teasingly sang. She stirred the stew then poured two bowls. Acaia didn't answer. "Is it love???" He eyes widened and her mouth opened wide in a smile that was just creepy.

Acaia sighed and sat at the table. "Yes I met a boy... And I don't even know what love is." she answered staging up with no hesitation.

"You kissed didn't you..."

"How'd you know???"Acaia spoke turning into a lobster.

Just a guess. Finish your food and go ahead and go to bed okay?" Acaia nodded in agreement and finished up her mother wonderful stew. She rushed to her room and switched out clothes. Acaia hopped in bed and smiled thinking of that one certain guy. 'Aia drifted to sleep only to dream about happy things.

"An adventure huh? It seems like everyone has that on their mind," his voice soft and calm. Matter of fact, it wasn't just the idea of adventure. No it was the curious thought of what is behind the gates. It has been itching at them all, even Karasu. That lead back to how the day started, when he ran into them at the gate. He could see it in each of their eyes, the curiosity, the longing to escape this small town. So why was he so against the idea? Leaving his sister behind? Maybe he was afraid of never returning like his brother.

Karasu stood up, looking over to the other two. "They must be under the spell of love by the way they are staring at each other. And an adventure? I didn't expect you to be the type. I was expecting something more of a date," he said with a laugh as he reached his hand out to help her up.

Rosie wondered if there was anyone else out there. A romance...a first romance. She smiled. If only.

When she was warm enough from the fire, she stood, and walked to the ice-shed where she kept everything cool. Selecting the ingredients, the returned back and headed for the stove. Her hot chocolate was known to be one of the best, and if she couldn't sell any then something was most definately wrong. Twelve mugs made, she headed back outside with the tray.

"Hot chocolate for sale! Three gold pieces each!" She called out the the people as she walked through the streets, her usual route.

Sitting there in the snow listening to Shiro and Acia's conversation, which she could only hear bits and pieces of, had made her curious on how these people had met. It had seemed like some of them had been long time friends...and others new found friends and all of them had some sort of connection to an exciting thought. Mela had never really thought about about the gate with her being so busy with her three little Neko sisters.What was behind the gate? Why was everyone so interested in the first place? These question began to itch at her now...making her more curious about the world outside.

walked by giving Her a small wave. She Twitched her ears in agnolagement. Mela rather liked Acia already and they hadn't even talked yet. Karasu spoke and looked back at him, his soft voice enticing her a bit. She nodded in agreement as he fell into thought. "they want to leave this place...." she half smiled "I don't blame them...it's not much of an existence alone here really."after a minute karasu stood. "They must be under the spell of love by the way they are staring at each other. And an adventure? I didn't expect you to be the type. I was expecting something more of a date," he said then he reaching for her hand. She took it and stood with him. " oh adventures are quite the only thing there is to do around here weather I am the type or not...besides the ever uneventful festival. As for the date, I've never been asked on one so I never expected to go on one." she brushed herself off breathing a frozen sigh as she did. " do you plan on leaving out the gate?"

Shiro nodded and watched her walk away " yes ill see you tommarow". He watched until she was out of sight then he started on walking home, when he passed the taloring shop he realized that his father was home. He sighed and looked over at the gat and then walked over and touched it gently as if it were something new. He wished his uncle would come back or show a sigh that he was safe. After touching the gate he walked inside his house and took off his boots and hung up his scarf and coat.

" welcome home son" His mother and father greeted him

" hey im not hungry but im heading to bed"

They nodded and told him that they'd save him dinner. He nodded and walked unprairs into his room and layed on his bed falling asleep just moments after thinking about what had happened that day.

Her question seem to caused his eyes to change to a serious manner for a split second. "Outside the gate? Hasn't everyone thought about it? Do you plan to leave?" he asked her as those pale eyes look towards her. Karasu's personality seem to turn cold for a moment before his eyes became the usual calm expression. "And I see why you haven't been on a date, you probably scare them away with you antics," he said referring to her whole snow fiasco.

Karasu looked back at the sky, it was getting dark now and he should return home for supper soon. "You should head home soon Mela, I'll walk you home before night falls," he suggest with a gentle smile.

Mela's eye brows furrowed...not because she was angry but because she was a bitt hurt and irritated by his comments.Nshe had obviously hit a soft spot somewhere along the line. "I never ment to anger, irritate, scare or offend anyone and that is most curtianly not the reason why I have not been on a date. I would rather not date anyone who would find my personality that way and further more I have no intention of changing myself for that person. If I...ever find that person...he will not ask me to change..only to change with him."She took a step back her ears flattened " I have never intended to leave..until my family can stand on their own feet. That time will come....and I will leave for an adventure." mela looked up at the sky for a moment then back at him " I apologise if I have offened you with my "antics"." pulling up her cloak hood she looked into his eyes "I will walk myself home.." she turned to collect her basket.

'Did I say something wrong?' he thought in his head after she spoke. Girls were always so hard to get sometimes. He watched her get her basket as he tried to think of something to say. She must have known he was just teasing her. Karasu let out a sigh, "I see, at least you aren't planning to leave anytime soon. And about what I said, I was just joking. I hope you didn't take it too personally."

Basket in hand she turned toward him. "a joke?.......ah I see I'm going to have to work on seeing your jokes in the future. I wasn't trying to take it personal..I shouldn't have reacted like that....sorry." Mela had to admit though, it had struck a nerve that was already worn down to its last. He just gave it the last pull.

It seems that Karasu still needed to work on his social skills as he stared back at her. "Don't apologize. I have the tendency to saying statements too monotone and it is hard to read what I meant by it. It isn't your fault if you thought I was serious." The sun was falling behind the horizon fast, only the red rays of like were left reaching into the purple sky. "Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?"