Midwinter

The boy seemed genuinely sincere and that made her wish she had not jumped to conclusions. Mela nodded "My house is only just there." she pointed to a two story building ,with all its lights turned on, to their left. It was getting very late by now and her mother would be expecting her home soon. Her younger sister had taken her watching shift for tonight giving her this time to cart around her tarts and enjoy. And now meeting Karasu, Acia and Shiro whom she had only over heard their names, made it a very enjoyable day in deed. "thats quite nice of you to ask though." she smiled her tail swaying a bit.

The two began to walk towards Menla's house as the light faded in the sky. "It is the least I can do for you treating me earlier," he replied to her. Soon enough they were in front of the house she showed him. Karasu looked at her with a smile, "Well I'll see you around Mela. Have a good night." The boy turned around and walked into the winter night before she had the chance to say anything. It was silent and cold, his steps interrupting the silence with a soft crunch. The snow had stop falling but it was more cold now that the sun was gone.

It didn't take long for him to return home. As usual his mother asked him how his day was and his answer would be, "Nothing in peculiar." He gave his sister the gift Acaia suggested and she seemed to like it. After dinner, Karasu headed up to his room and laid down in bed. He found himself staring at the ceiling unable to sleep for a while. Then when he finally did, he dreamt of someone. Those same blue eyes he had and that smirk that always said, "Don't worry little brother, I got this."

Smiling she nodded and followed until they arrived at the front door. "well that was rather blunt" she laughed and even though he was out of sight waved. The sun had gone it was late and she could already hear ,or rather because she did not hear anything, that her three younger sisters had gone to bed. Walking in to her house Mela quitely walked in each room turning off the lights till she entered the kitchen where her mother sat pealing potatoes. She sighed and walked up to her"Mom...I can take care of this."

Her mother smiled "oh hello Menla, selling any tarts?"

Mela bit her lip and blushed "ummm...I didn't actually sell any..."

her mother laughed and washed her hands "got distracted hu...well as long as you had a fun time hun. Your younger sister took your shift well and I think she might have enjoyed it."

mela smiled and washed her hands "really....". Her mother sighed "alright..I'm heading to bed." and she walked up stairs.

After finishing and cleaning up the potatoes Mela crept up stairs trying not to step on the creaking second story floor. Her sisters lay around the room on the big pillows they used for beds. All three of them did a cats version of snoring as their tails and ears twitched. Mela smiled and walked forward accidently kicking something in the dark. she leaned down to see what it was and gasped "lulu!"in a whisper. Her two year old sister lay curled in a ball right in front of the stair entrance. "I swear I've told you a thousand times not to sleep here.." she mumbled as she picked up her sister, still sound asleep, and placed her on a pillow beside the second youngest. Quickly getting changed she lay on her pillow thinking about the passing of the day before falling asleep dreaming of the faces of her new found friends and of things beyond the gate.

The Next day a strange new charector by the name of Frost moved into a new house in the village,even though he lived in the same town for 30 years prior, no one seemed to know him. He was 5'6 with blue and white hair and was a little nervous as to see how people would treat him sence he is a stranger. he slowly carried his lugedge into his tiny little shack as winters air blew his hair out of his face to reveal his pink eyes to the world. later he finally came outside and sat in a chair with a gameboy wondering if someone would walk by just to conversate with. he sighed as time went by and just sat there waiting for even a slight hello from someone.

Warm breezes trampled through the house. A creature scurried across the floor then on to a sleeping individual. As it was on her it still moved around and wouldn't calm. Acaia leaned up, letting her head bob from what felt like lack of sleep. Her body didn't want to move neither did she. Her arms stretched out and a yawn was let out effusively. Her hand weakly dropped on the things head and rand down it's body. The furball brushed its head against her hand. "What you think you're a dog now?" It looked at her and licked her hand. She shook her head and got out of bed causing the animal to fall to the wood flooring. "Come on..." Her feet led her to a small bowl that was silvery and quite empty. Her head fell back and her eyes rolled. "Ma forgot to feed you..." She grabbed a scoop of cat food from the pantry and it in the bowl. She knelled down and petted the animal as it as. It's eyes glowed red and it's fur was white as snow.

She still didn't realize her body was quite warm compared to the normal freezing and teeth chattering. She stood and walked back to the pantry pulling out one of her mothers homemade pastry. The taste of cherry slithered down her throat as a bit of the red substance dripped a bit from her mouth. Her finger wiped it away then held it out for her little friend. He licked it off as if he was starving. She finished her pastry and got dressed. She wore dark denim jeans with a bright blue and black striped tee shirt. She didn't know why she chose the outfit but she just did. She ran her brush through her brown hair and smiled in the mirror. Why did she feel so giddy? She grabbed the albino ferret and headed outside.

The air was warm and it was quite sunny. The ground crunched under her black boots like it normally would. The snow still covered the ground and it was quite cold still. People around the city seemed to have already accepted the weather. Acaia just couldn't bring herself to. It was too strange. Her arms held the ferret close as her feet carried them to the market. People still around town had their snow coats on and the normal winter gidup. Her face turned serious and slightly confused. She walked up to a store handler and asked a simple question. "What's the Temperature?"

The middle aged man laughed at her. "Like you don't know." Normally she would due to it practically not ever changing except in summer.

Her face softened. "Please sir. Answer my question."

"It's 15 degrees, Miss." He looked at her with a strange look. "Are you feeling alright?"

She backed away from the table and began the other way. What was happening? She couldn't have possibly been the only one experiencing this. Her eyes caught a glance at a few of the kids. They too were in shorts and summer attire. Was it only the younger generation?

((Sorry wanted to spice up the story a bit))

((Was going to wait for Kronas to post but it has been like a week.))

The dream ended like a hard hit to the floor, Karasu sat up from his bed with heavy breathing. The boy rubbed his head as he tried to remember what he dreamt about, it was intense. Nothing came to mind. He hated when that happened, but the point of sitting around trying to figure it out. The early sun was peaking through the window, the day has barely began. He wondered what the others were doing. The smell of breakfast cause his tummy to speak up for him. Right. Food first.

( imma be replying slow cause I'm out of state)
Shiro woke up slowly with Acaia on his mind. He smiled when he though about her. Getting out of bed he streached and then ate breakfast. Oncr he got dresed he walked out the house feeling the cool air and shivered.