Messing With Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucy almost believed that Isaac wasn't joking around, about to defend herself and tell him she wasn't trying to kick him out. But, it turned out that it was a joke, and he was planning on leaving anyway. "Bye guys," Lucy said.

"See you later," Luke said to Maisie.

Lucy was surprised by Isaac's next actions. A sudden blush coming over for face when he kissed her cheek. Why did he do that? Was he really a flirt and did that to a lot of other girls? "Y-yeah, you're welcome again." She tried to hide her embarrassment, not wanting him to see it. She took them to the door, then watched as they left, waving at them. Once they were gone, Lucy finished up with everything and eventually made Luke go to bed.

"Books or movies?" he asked Lucy in English the next day.

He wanted to get to know her. He wasn't a flirt -- he didn't talk to enough girls to be a flirt -- and he genuinely liked her. She was a good person, kind at heart, and unless Isaac was horribly mistaken, she actually cared about him and his sister. She was amazing.

"I, personally, prefer books," he said. "I actually really like Harry Potter. Call me nerdy, I don't care."

"Book as well," Lucy replied, though she was surprised only slightly that he preferred books. That wasn't saying that she didn't think at all he could like books. Just because he was a delinquent most of the time didn't mean he didn't enjoy to read books. "I wouldn't call you nerdy. I've read that too. I've read a lot, when I get the chance anyway. I don't always have the time to read a book. But, movies are nice too, when you just want to relax and watch something. Luke likes when we watch movies together."

"Oh, don't get me wrong, I love movies," said Isaac, grinning. He was leaning back on his chair with his knees propped up against the desk, supporting him, despite his teacher telling him three times to stop. He wore black jeans, a white shirt you could see his tattoos through and had a grey cap on his head, crushing his light brown curls. "Good Will Hunting ... The Theory of Everything ... Temple Grandin. They're some of my favourites. What about you?"

Lucy looked over towards the teacher, noticing that she wasn't happy with the way Isaac was sitting. "Maybe you should put your feet down Isaac," Lucy said. After all, she was the student council president and she was supposed to make sure the student followed the rules, even the ones she was having a conversation with at the time. "I don't know what my favorite movies are to be honest. Though, I get curious about the ones that are based off of books quite often. I like to know how they turn out. I read the books, then watch the movie."

The bell rang, signalling lunch time. Isaac stood up and waited for Lucy, before walking with her outside the classroom and into the hallway. "I would invite you to go wander meaninglessly through the woods with me for an hour, but you probably have important student council stuff to be doing," said Isaac. He hoped she would join him.

Lucy heard the bell for lunch. She put her things away and headed out of the classroom where she was stopped by Isaac. He was asking her if she wanted to come with him. She wasn't sure what to do about the offer. She did had some work, but it wasn't important that it needed to be done. Although, she wasn't sure if she should go around in the woods with him. "I guess I can come along. We don't really have much to do today," Lucy decided. "But, we shouldn't be too long. I don't want to be late for class when lunch ends."

He smiled when she agreed to come with him. "Don't worry, princess, I have this timed perfectly."

The school clearly didn't care about keeping its students in check all that much -- the woods were literally just on the other side of the football field, and there was no fence to keep them in. They began to walk through the trees, with Isaac holding the branches back for her. They finally reached a small clearing, carpeted with pine needles, with large boulders to serve as seats. They sat down on one, and Isaac handed Lucy an apple from his backpack.

Lucy followed Isaac to the woods, looking around their surroundings while also making sure she was still with him. She had never been in the woods before. It was never a place she tried to go through. Though, it was interesting to find out there was a place like it just outside of the school. When they had gotten to the clearing, Lucy was even more surprised. She took a seat down and looked up at the sky. It was clear, with only a few clouds floating by. She had turned back towards Isaac when he handed her the apple. She took it. "Thanks," she commented. "This place is really pretty. I didn't even know this was back here, and I'm the student council president. I probably should know these things. Are there a lot of people who go back into this woods? I won't go telling on anyone, don't worry. I think the school will be fine with this, as long as no one gets hurt back here."

"No one will get hurt out here, I promise you," said Isaac, taking a bite out of his own apple. "I'm usually the only one out here. Most of the time I come here to either break stuff so I don't hit people who piss me off, or to read." He shrugged.

Well, at least he was the only one who came there and that meant he was right about no one getting hurt. Although, he could be one that could still accidentally get hurt. But, her attention was taken from that thought to him coming out there to break things. "Does that happen often?" Lucy questioned, wondering if there were a lot of people who made him angry. She could imagine him coming along and breaking sticks around because he was annoyed with something that happened. She began wonder if she had ever made him angry and caused him to come to the woods.

"Kind of." Isaac shrugged. "People who think I'm a terrible person without speaking to me, ever ... teachers who don't give me a chance ... my mother ... those are the people who piss me off. Usually I just bring glass bottles and smash them against trees." Isaac took another bite of his apple, chewing thoughtfully. "But sometimes I come here just to be at peace for once."

She felt kind of bad that he had so much going on, that he did end up getting upset like that and needed a place like that. "I'm sorry to hear that," Lucy stated. "If you ever need somewhere else, you could always stop by the student council room. It's usually just me in there, only sometimes are the others there. However, they are pretty friendly and won't mind you there either." She wanted to give him more places to feel relaxed and happy. He needed more places that he felt accepted and wanted, and the student council room could be one of them.

Isaac smiled at her. "Thank you, Princess," he said. He decided he was finished with his apple, so he threw it, hard, at a tree opposite them. It smashed and sprayed apple everywhere.

"That was fun," he sighed, leaning back against the boulder. He leaned his head against it, turned his head to her and smiled. "I might look like I'm violent, but I would never hit a girl. I would never hurt you, I promise."

Lucy watched the apple when he threw it, then turned towards him. "How come you always call me princess?" Lucy asked him, "it's not my name after all and I am no princess, even if my family has money." She took a bite of the apple he had given her and finished it shortly after. "I didn't ever think that you would hit me. You may be a delinquent at this school, but you don't seem to be a terrible person. Just a little...affected by home life, I guess you can call it. But, I think things can get better for you if you get past your mother and find others who care about you, and who you care about, not just Maisie."

"I call you Princess because you're beautiful," said Isaac shamelessly. It was true. She was stunning. He smiled as she continued to speak, saying he should find people who care about him. "Do you care about me?" he asked, unable to look her in the eyes as he did. He wanted her to care about him. He most definitely cared about her.

A sudden blush came over Lucy's face. She wasn't used to someone calling her beautiful. It wasn't something that was always said to her, whether she was considered beautiful or not. "Y-you think I'm beautiful?" Lucy muttered out at first, without even thinking before she had said it. Though, he had asked a question to her, whether she cared about him. "Well, yeah. If I didn't care, why would I be sitting here right now or why would I have invited you and your younger sister for dinner last night."

Isaac shrugged. "I don't know. The only person who has ever really cared about me is Maisie, so I'm not very familiar with the sensation." He shook his head. "Okay, I'm going to stop saying depressing shit now."

That was right, all of this was too depressing for sitting outside int he woods behind the school on a nice day. "Well, I guess you can learn," Lucy commented one last thing, then looked up at the sky again to watch the few clouds go by. "We should probably be heading back soon. I don't want to be late for class, and that is definitely not something that the student council president is allowed to do unless stopped by a teacher."

Isaac nodded. He held the branches back for her, like he had on their way into the woods, like a gentleman. He stood below her while she stepped over a log, but her foot was caught on a branch and she fell forward, landing directly on his chest and pushing them both to the ground. Isaac took the brunt of the fall, of course, but he wasn't hurt.

He burst out laughing. "Lucy, we're not playing football, I don't think tackling is acceptable right now."

Status
Not open for further replies.