Messing With Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sure," Lucy said. Her brother didn't have many friends. It wasn't that he wasn't friendly or anything, or didn't want any...or maybe he didn't really want any. But, he felt like he couldn't because he wanted to also help Lucy with taking care of things. He wanted to try his best to be older than what he really was, but Lucy just wanted him to be a normal ten years old boy. "I don't have to go into work today, and there shouldn't really be anything big for the student council today, so four should be fine." After that, everyone else was finished with the worksheet and the teacher continued to talk some more until the class was over. It was now lunch time. Lucy usually ate at the student council room.

"So I'm assuming you eat in the council room."

Isaac walked with her outside the classroom, before turning back to her and grinning. "Well, I eat behind the gym, where I am able to plot my evil plans in peace."

"Yes. I tend to do work while eating," Lucy commented. Also, she truthfully didn't have a lot of friends that she could eat with outside of the council. She really only worked, so she didn't have to time to hand out with friends. The others in the council knew that so they tended to eat with her in the student council and understood why she was like the way she was. "Well, I'll be seeing you later then." She figured he wasn't really going to plot something, but he probably was going to where he said. She wondered why, but she wasn't going to ask. She left and headed for the student council room to go eat her lunch.

Isaac and Maisie sat in the park at four o'clock sharp, waiting for Lucy and her brother, as promised.

"Where's your friend?" asked Maisie.

"I don't know," said Isaac. Maisie reached over and began tracing Isaac's tattoos, as she did when she was bored. "She'll be here soon."

"We're going to be late. Come on Luke," Lucy shouted out while at the door.

"I don't wanna go. Why did you set this up. I'm not 2 and need a play date." A young boy said, coming outside once he was ready.

Lucy closed and locked the door. "Because." Was all she said and took Luke to the park where she noticed Isaac and his younger sister waiting for them. They were a bit late. "Sorry we're late," Lucy said, really being sorry for making them wait. "This is my brother Luke. Come on Luke."

Luke looked like he really didn't want to be there very much. "Hey," Luke mumbled.

Lucy slightly nudged him a bit, and gave a smile at Isaac, hoping that he would understand what her brother was like and why she was trying to get him to know other people.

Isaac nudged his sister the same way Lucy had nudged Luke. "Hey," said Maisie nervously, standing up and stepping a little towards the boy. "I'm Maisie," she said.

Isaac stood up, petting his sister's hair before moving to stand beside Lucy. "She'll come around eventually," he whispered into Lucy's ear. "Mase, why don't you show Luke here that slide you like?"

"Luke will too," Lucy whispered over to Isaac.

"Luke," Lucy's brother replied. He looked away from Maisie for a moment, then back at the girl. "Alright. I guess you can show me the slide or whatever." With that, the two went off to play together.

Lucy sighed. It seemed that it was going to be okay for now. He seemed like he was giving and trying to get to know his younger sister, even if he was being a bit hesitant. Lucy took a seat down at a bench nearby to watch them. "Luke doesn't really think he needs any friends. He wants to just help me out with the housework and all. But, he's ten. He should be playing and that's why he's like that. I really hope they'll get along well and become friends because he needs that."

"Maisie needs it too. She doesn't have many friends and the ones she does have, she's too scared to invite over because of our mother." Isaac stretched his arms in front of him, causing the thick muscles under his tattoos to flex. "So, Princess, I've told you about my terrible mother. What are your parents like?"

Lucy could understand how the little girl felt. That meant that she just needed to find houses to go over instead. "Well, she can come over our house all she wants," Lucy commented. "My parents? Well, what can I say? They work. They are always busy with work. They own a business together and are at the office all the time. They aren't terrible parents, but they are just too busy to pay attention to us really. I am more of the parent for Luke rather then them. They actually make quite a bit of money, so most of the time they like to try and buy us out with things."

Isaac nodded as he listened, watching the kids play on the playground. He smiled when she said Maisie was welcome at their house, appreciating it. "They don't sound bad at all," said Isaac. "At least they buy you things. At least you guys eat every day." He frowned. "Sorry, that sounded really bitter."

Isaac reached into his pockets and pulled out a cigarette, twirling it in his fingers like a drumstick.

"No, you don't have to say sorry. I understand what you mean. I don't think they are bad parents. I mean, yeah, I would like them to be in our lives more, but I know they are a lot better than a lot others," Lucy said. She knew his mother was a lot more than her parents. She didn't think she could ever feel the way he did, but there was different feelings with the way people parented. She looked at the cigarette in his hands as he twirled it. "Smoking is back for you. You shouldn't really do that."

"You sound like Maisie," he bemused. He wasn't going to quit any time soon, but he pocketed the cigarette just to please her. "She's always trying to get me to quit. I mean, I might quit if you made me," he smirked.

Maisie waved at him from the playground. He waved back, smiling at the little girl he loved more than either of his parents.

Lucy let out a little giggle thinking about how his younger sister was trying to get him to stop as well. "She's smart then," Lucy commented. Though when he said he might stop because of her, Lucy couldn't help but have a blush come over her face. Why did he say that? What did he mean about that? "T-then maybe I should make you. It would be better for you, for your health."

She looked over at Maisie when she was waving, then back at Isaac. She could tell he really did care about her. It made her smile. "How about you two come over for dinner tonight after they finish playing here?"

Isaac looked back at her, over his shoulder, his eyes wide. "At your house? Will your parents be there?" He didn't want to meet Lucy's parents, simply because they would take one look at his tattoos and piercings and cigarettes and forbid him from ever speaking to their goody two-shoes daughter again. "I don't think they would like me. I mean, look at me." He gestured to his ink-covered arms.

Lucy listened, almost really surprised that he was concerned about that. She began to laugh while thinking about it. "I did just say they are always busy at work, didn't I?" Lucy teased. "Nay, they won't be there. They always get home really late, so Luke and I eat with just the two of us. They won't be there, so you won't have to worry with the way you look. So, again, you can come to eat if you'd like. I'll be the one cooking."

"Oh, right. I forgot. Well, in that case, we will most definitely take you up on that resplendent offer." He looked down at his arms, his heavy tattoos, remembering the pain he had endured when he had gotten them, and, more specifically, the months he had spent saving money to pay for them. "I'm guessing you don't have any," he said, nodding again to his tattoos. "You scared of the pain?" he teased.

She gave another smile when he mentioned that he would take the offer of coming over for dinner. Though, it took her a moment to realize what he was asking about when he spoke about having something. "Tattoos? No, I don't have any at all," Lucy commented. She suddenly pouted a bit at his comment about pain. "No, I can handle pain just fine. I just don't like the idea of inking my skin. It's permanent, you know. You'll have that even when you are older, trying to find a job, when you are a grandparent...all that stuff."

"Oh, dear. If you go on this rant about responsibility when you see my arms, you shouldn't see my back. Dear God, no." He grinned. "In case you're wondering, I have almost no visible skin on my arms, backs of my hands, neck and my entire back. It hurt. A lot. And I don't really care about having them when I'm old because I'll probably die from lung cancer when I'm forty anyway." He laughed. "I'm joking. Calm down."

"It's your body, if you want those tattoos, then so be it. Besides, I can't yell at you for ones that are already done. You can't do anything about them," Lucy commented. Though, his comment about dying of lung cancer, she didn't see as a joke. She hit him in the arm as she began to pout. "Don't joke around like that. You don't want that. You should be more concerned about your health. You're the only one around for your sister. What do you think would happen if you did end up getting lung cancer?"

Isaac frowned. "You're right," he said, staring at Maisie. "I don't even smoke that much," he said quietly. "Only when I can't handle things anymore. It helps."

He leaned back into the bench, sighing and looking up to the sky. His mother smoked, so, every now and then, Isaac would swipe a few out of her packet. She also smoked other things, but Isaac would never allow himself to get hooked on those things, because if he did he would never be there for Maisie.

Status
Not open for further replies.