Messing With Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oi, hey, Maisie's brother," Luke said while Isaac seemed to be in thought about something. Luke had been watching what was on TV, but he turned his attention to Isaac at some point. "It's kind of weird that your suddenly all around my sister all the time now. How come? What do you think about her? And what's your relationship for her, or rather what do you want it to be? I mean, people don't randomly go kissing others on cheeks all the time."

"His name is Isaac," said Maisie to Luke.

Isaac cocked an eyebrow at the very in-depth analysis of two teenagers coming from the mouth of a ten-year-old. "I don't know, buddy. Lucy's very nice to me. We're friends."

But how did he feel about her? He wasn't completely sure. She was kind, and smart, and beautiful and did everything she possibly could to make sure he was alright. She was twisting his feelings around in his stomach.

"Well, then don't kiss her on the cheek. That's not what friends do. I don't go around kissing Maisie on the cheek, and if I did, you'd probably get angry at me because of it. I may be a kid, but Lucy's my sister after all." Luke had learned to grow up quickly, because he wanted to help Lucy out with things. She always took care of him, not their parents, so he wanted to do everything for her.

It was then that the door was opened to have Lucy walk inside. "I'm home," she shouted out and headed for the living room where she heard the TV running. "I see, are you watching an movie? Did you have any dinner yet? I brought some stuff from the restaurant for all of us if you didn't eat already." She had a large take-out bag in her hand.

"No, we didn't have dinner yet. I have failed as a caregiver." Isaac slid dramatically on the sofa and lay on the ground for a moment, before jumping up and saying to Lucy, "I'll help you get plates."

He felt like he owed her an explanation for his moodiness after school. As they collected plates, he said, "My mother rang me and was basically saying she hates both of us and threatened to hurt us," he said to her quietly.

Lucy couldn't help the small smile escape her lips when she watched Isaac's act. "Alright, well, then let's get some food in those stomachs," Lucy commented, heading into the kitchen. She started to set up the plates with Isaac when he mentioned about his mother and what she had said to him. Lucy looked down again. "Isaac," Lucy began to say. "I don't think it's a good idea to go back home tonight, especially not for Maisie. If you're mother said that, she just might do something and her and you could be in danger if you go home." She was speaking in a whisper, even though the kids were still watching the TV while they were setting up.

"That's what I was thinking, but I don't know where to go and I don't want to burden you guys," said Isaac quietly. It was Friday night, sure, so school wasn't an issue but he didn't know how Lucy's parents would react.

"I don't care about that. You can't go home now. You two will stay here. We have enough room. There's a few extra bedrooms we don't even use, so you two can have those," Lucy commented. "I'm not putting Maisie at risk of having something happen to her, and you should be concerned about your own safety as well. So, you are both staying here tonight, and you will not refuse."

Status
Not open for further replies.