Mental Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill frowned, grumbling, before turning in his seat and growling out a "Gorram it, Sasha, I told you to not drink in Mabel." Bill harrumphed, and turned back to Morkat, grumpiness lining his features. "kids..." He muttered under his breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morkat couldnt help but smile at Bills brisk talking, it was refreshing in a way. He got a thoughtfull look on his face as the mechanic told him about their intention to pick up a mental victim of the war induced experimentation *far too many people had to suffer from that kind of abuse* The box he had placed on the ground seemed to rattle. And dust around the old man floated up a few inches. He shock his head and the weird occurence stopped.

"Help anyone you can, I know you have safe measures if need be. In worst case you could take him to headquarters. Leaders 'wife' should be able to help with any damage." He said with determination in his voice, not wanting to think about the few cases where she hadnt been able to help. *Newhics chose his battle, but if the boy could someday feel peace, the world woild be brighter*.
The old man suddenly heard what had to be Sasha, but... drunk. How much did it take? He and Leader had both lost to her.

Bills reaction made him chuckle, *If he knew...* Morkat straightened himself. Remebering the reason that Bill was in town.

"Are the kids safe and sound? And sorry for their behavior? Well deal with it tonight at the camp. Gotta pay my respects to an old war-buddy, he died before we arrived." There was irritation evident in his voice. But more due to his late friends death than the members misconduct. If they knew the ordeal of making sure Leader and Newhics didnt go on frequent rampages.

• Love
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Alex raised his hand and shook his head "Nah I don't drink unless its moon shine." Alex couldn't help but laugh when Derany got a full view of Sasha's chest "Lucky guy." he thought to himself smiling all the while. Alex took his bag from his back and rummaged around, and after a few minuets he pulled out his military helmet and looked at Harley "If we're going to an asylum full of crazy mentals its best ya protect yer mind." Alex tapped on the helmet and smiled. "John!" he shouted. John came flying over from the front of the RV "Yes sir?" he answered. "Have track number 666 ready, and if ya play it turn it down to 50% this time I don't need anyone bleeding from their eyes again." Alex commanded. "Of course sir." John replied. It was obvious Alex was on edge at this point it had been so long sense he had been around so many mentals. Alex leaned back in his chair trying to relax, but when he closed his eyes all he could see was his mother being torn apart. It was kicking in again....PTSD. He hadn't had an attack like this in months. "Are you alright sir? Scans show your heart rate is incre-" "I'm fine John." He said in a loud whisper cutting him off. Alex began to breath deeply to try and relax himself "You're ok Alex these people are not going to hurt you..... but what if they are? They won't.....how can you be so sure? Harley attacked you......leave her out of this! You're are going to die and these people will be the cause.......No thats not true!" Alex tried to reason with himself but it was a loosing battle, the inner debate kept getting more and intense until Alex turned around and threw open a window behind him, stuck his head out, and started to breath deeply. The fresh air helped and the inner battle began to calm "I can't.... not today." Alex whispered and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Once he calmed down Alex brought his head back in and closed the window "I'm right sorry for that ya'll." he laughed nervously. He sat back down with a cold sweat and kind of a tired dead look in his eyes.

Harley Rogue

Harley was still sitting calmly, thinking about Bill's answer. She couldn't help but wonder how aggressive and hostile that mental could be. She knew better than to label people in advance and without getting to know them better, but only the though of war made her shiver lightly. She was pretty much aware what kind of people got out of it. She thought about the possibility that they might not be able to do anything, but she kept quiet. They will simply have to see for themselves.

She raised her head after Sasha went on with her drunk blabbering. Harley frowned lightly when the woman swung around and lost balance, falling over Derany in the most inconvenient position. However, she didn't seem to be bother by it, and Harley smirked lightly on her casual reaction, sustaining her laughter. If it was any other situation, she could bet that Sasha would beat the crap out of the poor soul that got that close to her rack. Even though any other guy would kill to be in Derany's position, Harley was pretty sure, Derany was panicking and looking for a way out and back to the mouse hole. She watched Alex preparing from the corner of her eye. She only looked at him when he spoke to her. "If we're going to an asylum full of crazy mentals its best ya protect yer mind." She smirked leaning back in her seat. "Soldier, if I could, I would protect myself that way. But if you do not want to see me having a blast in my body...quite literally, then I'm afraid I have to turn down any of those. But you have fun, cowboy."

It was a risk she always had to take: to die or get seriously injured because of the strong mental, or self-destruct. But she would never go against herself. That is why, if it had to happen, she chose being murdered. Harley snapped out her grim thoughts when he heard John speaking to Alex. "Are you alright sir? Scans show your heart rate is incre-" And Alex rudely interrupting. "I'm fine John." But he was obviously not. She kept silent, allowing him to have his personal space and deal with whatever was bothering him. At one point, she thought me might be sick, but before she could ask, he stuck his head out of the window. Yes, she had seen it before. If it wasn't sickness, it was most probably a panic attack. For what reason? That Harley was unable to answer.

But she knew one thing. If it happens in crucial moment, he is as good as dead. And she refused to let that happen again. She already lost great amount of comrades in past because of that bloody panicking. Alex apologised, and she stared at him, unsure what to do next. Sasha was useless, Derany trapped and Bill kinda busy. Asking the soldier if he was ok was pretty much dumb idea. He was obviously not. Harley sighed and, without asking for his permission, gently grabbed his jaw and turned his head to face her. As she suspected, he was bathing in sweat even more than he should have on that temperature, and his pupils dilated. She nodded letting him go, and reaching into her pocket. She took out the small white pill and laid it on his lap.
"Take that. It helps. I get restless from time to time and it saved my butt a lot of times." Thinking how he might be suspicious about it, she added, facing forward and taking on her calm sitting position again. "It's only a barbiturate pill. It calms you down. One should be more than enough." She smirked, joking. "But I don't have them enough to throw them around just like that. So don't freak out on every single thing, soldier. Pull yourself together." Even though it sounded like scolding, she had the best intentions with it. She wasn't sure how good well she would stand burying one more comrade. And this one promised too much to be killed because of silly mistakes.

Derany was blushing nervously as Sasha seemed to almost "trap" him in his current position... He sighed in relief as Bill managed to get Sash a to back off of him a bit, then he glanced in Alex's direction, he had a feeling something was off about him... Part of him somehow knew it was an internal conflict of some sort, but he wasn't sure how he figured so... Not to mention he feels like he's done this before, odd... He shook his head snapping out of his thoughts again remembering the current situation, seeing as Harley seemed to have taken care of Alex's problem he shifted towards the other end of the couch just in-case he'd end up in an awkward position yet again. Then his thoughts began to drift again, he was getting desperate for answers, there's been so many of them since his "career" ended... Too many of those questions would have been answered if he could just "un-forget" what he had forgotten back then....

Alex was surprised when Harley grabbed his jaw and nodded at him. He watched her reach into her pocket and pull out a pill "Take that. It helps. I get restless from time to time and it saved my butt a lot of times." Alex gave a kind of unsure glance at Harley "It's only a barbiturate pill. It calms you down." Harley retorted. "Much obliged Harley." Alex said his hands shaking as he brought the pill to his mouth. "Well bottoms up." Alex said still a little unsure. He dry swallowed the pill and after a few minuets he could feel his heart begin to slow down and his breathing become normal. "Thanks Harley, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a bitch." Alex laid back on the couch and shut his eyes hoping to get a 15 minuet nap in.

Bill nodded as he listened to Morkat. "Hmm." He mumbled in agreement.
"Aye, the kids are fine. I expect Hawtiar'll want to have a chat with'm when we get back though." Bill paused, his expression darkening. "An' it always hurts, to lose a friend. Perhaps we can get together for drinks when we get back to camp, eh? Catch up?" Bill scratched his beard, trying to soften the blow Morkat was feeling. He noted the shaking box behind Morkat and frowned. If the emotional trauma was enough to make Morkat, a veteran mental lose control somewhat, he must have been hurting badly. "Celebrate their life. It's the best ye' can do. Anyway, we should hit the road. We're losing daylight."
Bill chucked the RV into gear, and nodded his goodbyes to Morkat, taking note that Alex was getting prepared for mental attack in the back, putting on some kind of anti-mind tampering device.
He also noticed the kids were getting along decently. maybe the cells had done them some good. It was always an advantage to get a team together that was on the same wavelength.

A trail of dust blew into the musty evening air as the RV, as battered and stalwart as it's driver, grumbled it's way towards the asylum.
((Is everyone finished with what they wanted to do? Should we take a timeskip here? Windstorm, what do you think?))

The RV rumbled down a dusty trail, The passengers chatted, john whirred as he hovered.
Bill rested a hand on the sill of the driver side window and, as he drove, enjoyed watching the orange-red sky as the sun began lazily melting below the horizon.

-Time Skip-

After about a half an hour's drive, The asylum came into view. It was a towering but unassuming building, with the greying cement front showing wear from years standing against the elements.
Bill pulled himself out of the driving seat and eyed his passengers "Alright, here we go. I want all of you ta stick together, ya hear? No splitting up to look fer clues." Bill paused, his face ashen, "This Mental we're gonna pick up is the real deal. Our first objective will be to find the room where they store the patient records, so we can figure out what we're dealing with. Then I want y'all to help me out with getting the target under control and, if possible, docile." Bill walked over to the back of the RV and opened the small compartment in the back. In the darkness of the nook, there crouched a hulking... something, two metallic blue eyes glowing silently.
Bill pulled out a vest of body armor and an odd looking helmet, putting the vest on underneath his coat and holding up the helmet for everyone to see.
"This helmet acts like a dam for mental energy. It'll give the mental we're going to visit some more control over his inner power, and also prevent him from using it on other people. I've got no idea what his power actually does, but this should at least give us a chance to talk to him." Bill reiterated; "We are just here to talk. I don't want any of you jumping the gun. You're welcome to protect yourself, but try and be as passive as possible. For all we know this poor kid has more metal in his braincase than grey matter."
Bill lowered the helmet.
"Any questions?"

Alex woke up, a little bit of drool hanging out of his mouth, as the RV swayed to a stop "Are we here?" Alex asked, groggy. He got up and stretched as bill addressed the group "This Mental we're gonna pick up is the real deal. Our first objective will be to find the room where they store the patient records, so we can figure out what we're dealing with. Then I want y'all to help me out with getting the target under control and, if possible, docile." Alex nodded "But couldn't we just ask them to take us to the mental's cell? I mean the didn't the sheriff give us this mission?" Alex didn't want to break anymore laws than he already had, and it showed, but he would do what need to be done if push came to shove. Alex looked at the ingenuity behind the helmet and could help but stare a little "Thats so cool." he whispered. "Do you reckon security is just going to let us walk in with our gear on?" Alex asked Bill.

Last edited:
"WELL OF COURSE THEY LET US IN!!!" Sarah sat up from being half asleep. Puting her hand down into her pocket. She then with a grin pulled up a grenade. "Otherhwise we have ambassdor pineaple to help us hehe"

She then looked at it as the sound of a small metal sprint landed on the floor bouncing in under her seat. Starring at it with empty eyes for a second. And then chuckled. "Hehe that was not part of the plan" She muttered and looked at the grenade. Her palm firmly placed over the handle. "priority one find the sprint or a replacement."

Beau was sparring in the woods. She loved sparring with trees for she could put a the force behind her blows yet not harm any of the trees. Time often flew by when she was sparring alone. Feeling that her skills were well practice for the moment she sheathed her sword and started to head back towards camp. Maybe some one would need some help. She would be happy to help anyone do just about anything that to help out the camp. Maybe someone would need some water, surely a camp with this many people would need some water at some time.

Bill's eyes widened. He immediately leapt over to Sasha, snatching the grenade from her.
Yelling "Get out! Now!" Bill wrenched open the door to the fridge standing next to the chairs and, grimacing at the thought of all his food and drinks getting blown up, threw it in.
Bill slammed the fridge shut, praying that the multiple plates of metal and fiberglass making up the panels of the fridge would somewhat halt the explosion of shrapnel.

Sasha looked dumbfounded at the whole thing for a moment. And then it changed to a realisation. "Ah!" she exclaimed and put her hand in her pocket again. Pulling out this time a small fuse. Which belonged to the grenade.
"i remember now. I disarmed the grenade earlier. It's an old one i found so i wanted to have a look before i decided if it was worth saving as a grenade or just pick it apart" She said with a smile.

"Hehe you guys didn't seriously think i would keep a functioning grenade in my pocket like that did you. I'm drunk after all." She exclaimed as if it was an obvious thing.

Alex went white as he saw the grenade pin hit the floor. With out hesitation Alex took Harley by the waste and busted the door open "Get down!" he screamed. Alex threw Harley down (not hard) and covered her. After a few moments of being on top of Harley and hearing no explosion Alex poked his head up "Wheres the ground breaking explosion?" He turned his head and heard Sasha "i remember now. I disarmed the grenade earlier. It's an old one i found so i wanted to have a look before i decided if it was worth saving as a grenade or just pick it apart." Alex breathed a sigh of relief but quickly realized he still had Harley under him "I reckon I'm mighty glad we didn't get blown up Harley." he said laughing nervously. Alex got up and helped Harley up as well "Yer pretty light weight Harley, kinda cute." he chuckled.

Last edited:
Before Derany even realized what he was doing he was already out of the van positioning himself between the others outside and the RV, analyzing the situation quickly he figured there would be just enough time to extract the heat energy from the resulting explosion... Expecting to hear an explosion, his sensitive hearing just barely made out Sasha explaining how she had removed the fuse of the bomb. Derany let out a sigh and looked back at Alex who seemed to have tried to shield Harley from the explosion that never came with a twinge of jealousy, that feeling was quickly buried along with any others that would be more of a burden to him than anything else. Silently he climbed back into the RV, looking at the asylum another time. It reminded him of something, but what? He was sure he'd seen a building much like that one....

Last edited:
Harley Rogue

Harley shook her head calmly at Bill's question and turned around, looking through the window. She just wanted them to stop slacking off and to get to the mission already. If there was one thing she hated, it was doing nothing when there was so many things to be done. "Thats so cool. Do you reckon security is just going to let us walk in with our gear on?" Alex asked Bill. Harley rolled her eyes wondering how the hell he managed to survive all these years. Considering that he did, confused her even more than it should. All of hem were quite different from a definition of a survivor she got used to. Maybe she was the only strange person among them? She jerked when Sasha yelled without any good reason besides releasing her accumulated drunken energy all over them.

She didn't react until the familiar metal sound reached her ears. Hit and roll. Too familiar to ignore. Before she was even a hundred percent sure, she jumped up and glared at the item. And there it was. Her body was already accumulating the pressure when the adrenaline kicked it. It only got worse once Bill yelled and tried to sustain the explosion in the fridge. Harley extended her arms in front of her, ready to create a vacuum field around the fridge.
"Oh shi..." But, instead of even being able to give it a shot, painfully and humiliating grasp broke her concentration. "What the HELL?!" She growled as Alex carried her out of the van. She only managed to fist him hard once, and yell out "Let me go you son of a..." Before she was tossed on the ground where it all became simply too awkward for her bringing back some unpleasant memories.

It wasn't the fact that they all might as well be fu... done for it right now, but it was the position she was in that made her shake. It was endlessly vulnerable and sad. She glared at Alex above her, confused and absent-minded, just faintly catching Sasha's explanation. Alex's voice and a nervous glare made her focus again.
"I reckon I'm mighty glad we didn't get blown up Harley." She looked away for a moment, blushing lightly with inconvenience of the situation. She took a deep breath as if she forgot to breathe at that point and she frowned leaving all what was bothering her aside. However, she went that far and accepted the cowboy's help to get up on her feet. She looked at the van and drunk Sasha, and all the others scattered around. "Yer pretty light weight Harley, kinda cute." Harley smirked. "Well, do you really think I would be this agile if I was a walking barrel instead? However, soldier...you'll have to do better than that!"

Whit that she slapped the back of his head and yelled out. "What the HELL was that all bout?! I ain't your rag doll you green ass Bubble-head!" Even so, she appreciated his attempt, but there was more in stake than just appreciation. She blushed lightly, now of all that freaking out and she crossed her arm. "That was unnecessary and stupid! If there was an explosion, there were people who would need your help more god damn it! I am the one you shoul worry about the LEAST at potentially lethal situation!" She still couldn't figure him out. His way of thinking was something new for her. Harley walked a bit further away and took out one of her pills, swallowing it without any water. She sighed and put the package back not bothering to turn around and face Alex. "But thanks anyway. It is to be appreciated." Above all, she was an honest person, and not saying that would just be two-faced.

If one looked carefully, one might have seen steam rising from Bill's ears. He slowly opened the fridge and locked eye with Sasha.
"Sasha. Funny farm. Now."
Bill glared at her until she left the RV, then took the grenade out of the fridge, and with practiced motions removed the base plug and fully dismantled the grenade.
Derany climbed back into the RV, looking sheepish and pensive, but Bill spun a finger and muttered "Ah, ah, about turn, buddy. May as well get moving now everyone's on their toes."
Bill grabbed his wallet and gun from the glove box, keys from the ignition, radio from it's charger on the dash, and his trusty monkey wrench from under the passenger seat. Bill pocketed his wallet and keys, hooked the wrench onto his belt, slipped the safety onto his firearm and shoved it into the back of his belt, flapping his shirt over to conceal it, and tapped himself down.
penknife in pocket... Switchblade in boot... Alright. Good to go.
Bill made sure everyone was present and correct, locked up and, tucking the helmet under his arm, grunted grumpily and gestured for everyone to start walking toward the institute. Bill lit up a cigarette and took a drag, holding it with his empty hand and narrowing his eyes up at the tall grey block of a building. It certainly didn't look like five stars, that was for sure.
Pointedly ignoring the young couple's tiff, Bill cleared his throat and said "Ta answer yer earlier question Alex, I'm sure Gallast radioed ahead and told them we're taking a dangerous prisoner off their hands. If anything I expect they'll consider us under-equipped." Bill hitched up his dusty grey jeans and tightened his belt a notch, feeling the reassuring weight of his old M1911 pushing at his lower back.
Catching a sideways glance at Derany, Bill saw what looked like a mixture of confusion and remeniscence on his face. It was... unsettling to say the least, for such emotions to be on the face of the usually almost robotically calm young man.

Bill arrived at the door of the Mental institute, dropping and crushing his spent cigarette underfoot, before pushing slowly at the door.

Alex's frustration with Harley was written all over his face "You're welcome for saving your life!..... kind of." he screamed internally. Alex began walking assertively towards Harley "Hey Har-" he was cut off when John spoke up. "Sir her body temperature indicates that she feeling extremely embarrassed." he countered hoping Alex would get the hint. "Embarrassed? Why would she be embarrassed? All I tried to do was save her life..... by picking her up and tossing her to the ground..... then I forced myself on top of her aw damnit!" Alex face palmed after making his realization. "Thanks John I owe you one." he sighed. "Of course sir." John had a kind of smugness in his voice. Alex heard Bill answer his question and nodded "Well alright then lets go save us a life!" he smiled. Alex made it a point to lag behind Harley a little as he was unsure how to handle the situation. However, he did shoot Sasha a lot of death glares and looked at Derany with uneasy "Little fella is usually so calm and quiet I wounder whats eating him." Alex whispered. He continued on to the entrance, swiftly walking past Harley, and went it with Bill.

Harley Rogue

It was pretty stupid and possibly immature the way she reacted, or so she though. But what could she possibly do? "Kissing his feet" for saving her life was out of the question. It was already bad enough that she allowed him to distract her more than she expected. Bill cleared his throat and referred to Alex's previous question. She frowned lightly. It sounded like anything but a walk in the park, and that "considering them under-equipped" part of the story was painfully familiar to her. Last time her previous leader said the same thing, they all died and she was lucky. Cold chills ran down her spine, even though the warmth was impossible to bear. Harley sighed speeding up and trying to catch up with Bill. Others were too slow for her taste. Alex was discussing something with his robot, Sasha was...Sasha and Derany looked even deeper in thoughts than before. She rolled her eyes lightly. "If we make it out alive like this it will be a bloody miracle."

But just as she almost reached Bill, Alex whooshed beside her with his long steps and managed to enter first, standing beside Bill. Harley clenched her fist lightly. Now it would most likely look as she wanted to compete him for Bill's attention if she stormed towards Bill as well. Stressful as it was, the decision was put on hold for a few moments while she thought about it. She swore silently and thought. "Well to hell with that..." She finally prolonged her steps and caught up with Bill, standing oh his other side, opposite of Alex. She looked around, referring to Bill. "Sounds convenient. Any special plan you need us to follow besides putting that thing on the target's head?" She looked at the helmet. "I do not think we should just come barging in if it is dangerous as you say. Especially..." Harley looked up briefly at Alex noticing he was still bothered. "Especially with our party being...the way it is." It was merely a suggestion that she hoped Bill won't take as an offend.

Last edited:
Bill nodded, his beard moving a little as his mouth wrinkled. "Aye. But it all depends on the target, Harley." Bill explained as he walked into the reception, "We can figure out our plan of attack when we've got his details in front of us. And on that note-" Bill turned to the old lady behind the reception desk, leant on the half-circular table with one hand and scratched his beard with the other; "good afternoon, ma'am, we're with the post-nontals, we were sent by Gallast to pick up a patient we understand has been causing ya trouble, is that right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.