Mental Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before another punch could be struck Alex's surroundings went black he felt his body go limp. The first thing he felt was pain all over "Ah fuck" Alex groaned. He slowly opened his eye ready to see the clown underneath him, but what he found made every hair on his body stand on end. What lay under him was a mangled and bleeding Harley. Alex gasped and fell backwards "H Harley?" he reached out. He looked down at the blood on his hands and back at Harley "Oh God oh god OH GOD!" his breathing picked up with each passing word. The room started to spin "What have I done! WhathaveIdonewhathaveIdone!" his words stared to blend together as the harsh reality started to set in. Was he still in Jack's hell? "Bill! Oh Christ Bill!" Alex screamed panicking. Bill was hear so that meant the mission was a success..... but that also meant this was reality. Shaking Alex stood up and tried to focus, his head darting around the room trying to orientate himself "The cuffs I... gotta get the cuffs." Alex's started taking deeper breaths. His heart started beating like crazy as he grabbed the cuffs off of Harley. "I'm so sorry." he sobbed in between words. Alex limped over to Jack, jerked his hands behind his back, and cuffed him. With a dead look in his eye he hobbled back over to Harley gathered her up in his arms and and pulled her into a corner waiting for Bill to finish. All Alex could do was try and stop some of the bleeding on Harley's face "She needs a doctor Bill do what you have to and lets get out of here." coughed up some blood and held on to Harley tightly "Stay with me Harley." he whispered.

"Well come back sir." John wobbled as he floated back to Alex.

Harley Rogue

"I have failed..." Was the only shameful thing that went through her mind after she suffered another heavy blow and now watched helplessly the clown striking her chest. Helplessly. She smirked lightly, through the pain ripping her chest apart and smothering her shocked lungs. Dead was better. Better than helpless. "You s-son of a f..." Her sentence was interrupted by another powerful blow into the chest and her heart skipped the beat, her lungs desperately gasping for air. She did her best not to scream, but the last blow made her vocal cords go out of control and yell on impulse as she coughed some blood. "A dumb way to go. Getting your ass kicked by a pathetic apparition like this one..." She thought as she glared her enemy in his dead eyes. "After everything this is how I'll end up to be?" The thought of it, made her burst into the laughter that didn't care about the pain. "S-so pat-het-ic." She panted and laughed again. Her reaction seemingly made the decaying clown angrier and he raised his fist once more. Harley yelled. "Finish the job you pathetic creature!" It was all in good fun. All a big game. Being murdered by own apparition during that game was more acceptable than any other death, more acceptable than another betrayal. She gave up. "I'll see you in hell..."

She opened her eyes. Not a single blow was added to the series and she could still see the creature and feel his disgusting body on hers. But this time, he kept missing her, even though his blows were precise and fast. Familiar. The image became blurry as the clown got frustrated that he couldn't finally end it. To weak and uninterested to use that chance, Harley laid her head on the ground feeling tired of everything. She did what she was supposed to do. Maybe it wasn't enough, but at that point she did her best and that was enough.
"So...so stu-pid." The image became black, as her eyes shut close and her mind drifted away.

He picked her off the ground, she could feel it. All the pain caused by that action was merciless, but there was no strength left for something to be done about it.
"I'm so sorry." Eyes refused to open and only her brows frowned lightly both in pain and anger. Listening to his sobs, Harley wished she could yelled at him as she tended to. For a moment she managed to forget about what that boy said to her. Even so, it still bothered her as she gasped for air, violently pumping it into her bruised chest. "She needs a doctor Bill do what you have to and lets get out of here." More skipped heartbeats in every but romantic way. "I don't need. Let me go. Please, let me go. So tired." As Alex's voice echoed again, she focused on it as she felt anger pressing down all the weakness. "Stay with me Harley." Why would she? Wasn't he a traitor? Did he really hated her that much for everything that she said to him? It wasn't like him and she still believed it. But then again, what did she know?
The small amount of strength she had left, stormed into her throat, and she managed to mumble. "Y-you..." She was going to ask him a question that she herself forgot when the pain numbed her again. "Why?" Was the only part of the question that came out of her throat, before everything blacked out once more.

As Derany slashed at his doppelganger, it began to melt... Something he didn't expect, he closed his eyes and shook his head trying to make sense of what just happened, as he did so he realized something; he no longer felt encumbered... Slowly, opening his eyes again he found himself in the cell again, the first thing that caught his eyes was a glint from his combat knife. He seemed to have drawn it, and upon closer inspection it was covered with blood, remembering that cut he had received to his right cheek, he slowly touched the spot where the cut had been, an sharp pain that resulted from it confirmed it was still there... Which meant the blood on his knife was most likely his blood... Before he had much time to think about it he heard Alex cry out, he quickly turned towards the direction his voice was coming from to see that he was holding a severely wounded Harley... And Alex wasn't in the best shape himself either, "SHIT!" He thought, quickly running towards Harley, he gritted his teeth as the drying blood on his gash in his cheek split apart causing it to bleed again. He continued to ignore the pain and the trickling of blood as he reached Harley he had to help her somehow... But giving her the ability to function despite being injured would just make them worse when that state wears off, most likely making her injuries worse. He looked around at the others, hoping at least one of them had the ability to help her, or at least treat her... He hated being useless in these situations, he had to think of something... Anything!

Bill smiled at the boy as he took the first step to freeing himself.
"Nice job, Bud. gonna help you out, ok? My name's Bill, and I-" "Oh God oh god OH GOD!" Bill's smile faltered into a look of grim surprise as his eyes snapped to the voice. Harley was in a state, apparently beaten up and going into shock. Alex, with shaking hands, slapped the cuffs on Jack. Bill took a sharp inhale, but slowed down his breathing in a well-trained response to situations like this one.
Alex shook and wept like a waif, begging and crying like half the man Bill knew him to be. Bill smiled and hurriedly nodded to Jack "Keep that helmet on, ok? I'll fill you in on everything on the way. Don't worry about the cuffs, they're only for your own protection." Bill turned to his comrades, his expression changing to one of stony-faced detachment. He pointed to Derany, then jerked a thumb to the door, "Four knocks, 'Rany. Fill Sasha in, get the warden." then walked past the man to Alex as he stuttered and panicked.
He slapped him. Not overly hard, but enough to get Alex to snap out of his shocked state "Alex, stop panicking, you're better than this. Harley's strong and she'll pull through, but only if you calm down. Got it?" Bill looked her over, but he was no medic. He helped Alex stand and let him carry Harley. "You got her? Good. Stay with us, Harley." Needless to say she looked bad.

Bill blustered over to the Cell door "Let's get going. Time is a factor."

There was a clanking sound as Sasha unlocked the door. Hearing the four knocks and even more sound behind that. Something had gone wrong that was for sure. And as she opened the door still on her guard. Her eyes where for a moment like iron as they peered into the room. However the next moment they where soft. And she nodded. Letting the door open fully.

"seems i should have stayed sobber today. So i could have followed you in here instead of the two rookies." She stated looking at Bill and then at the cuffed person wearing a helmet. He seemed calm which was good. But the state of the other two where different. "oh nuts the heck happened to them?"

Alex busted through the door sense about him, thanks to Bill, but heart still racing. Badly limping Alex shuffled down the hall to the lobby "Harley is dying!" he called back to Sasha. "Open the gate!" he called forward to the guard. The guard hesitated "Open the fucking gate!" Alex growled. The guard fumbled with this keys for a few moments before finding the right key and opening the door. The group wasn't to far behind Alex "Bill keys!" Alex called. Bill tossed the keys to the RV down to Alex, and with even bothering to pick with their weapons, he limped out of the front door. The cool night air sent a chill up Alex spine, the adrenalin in his system was starting the wear off. Everything was starting to go fuzzy, but Alex tried to shake it off. Alex sorted through the keys "Come on Come on!" he gritted his teeth in frustration. *Click* Alex flung the door open and nearly tripped as he made his way up the stares that lead into the RV. He lightly placed Harley on the couch connected to the wall. "You're going to be ok Harley I promise you." he grabbed her hand and held on to it. His body became heavy everything was going dark *whump*. Alex passed out and fell to the floor his hand clinging to Harley's.

Reactions: 2 people
The old warden had managed to get the patients close to Jack, and he was just coming towards the cell when the door burst out and the people got out, two of them obviously in bad condition and hurrying to get away. Maybe he should have told them to wait for him, as he couldnt be affected by the poor fellas abilities. But it seemed as though they had managed nonetheless.

As he got to them he traded a look with the old mechanic, nodding at a quick question about the paperwork, it had all been dealt with. He watched them run away with their injured comrades, glancing a moment longer on both the older of the two women as well as the third man. There was something with them, but he couldn't for the life of him remember what.
A sudden thought about how he would have to reorganize the location of that wings patients made him forget about it.

The matron at the reception made sure they got their weapons back, even the ones for the injured two who went out faster than the doorman could get the door unlocked.

They left the Institute almost as they had greeted it, but for a little safer. Gallast got word of it not long after they left, hoping that it would make a difference in the end. Maybe he would get word sooner or later, though his towns safety was what was important. One couldn't be hung up on something else.

--------------------------------------------

Morkat was walking out of the old peoples home as he saw the RV speed by. Had something gone wrong at the institute? He would find out when he got there, no meaning in asking them at the moment, considering the hurry they seemed to be in.

He continued walking in a brisk pace, hoping to make the camp before dark, as it was only a few hours away. The old mans mind was grim, having one of his old friend die was not something he felt like coming to terms with. All they had been through, and old age had taken him. It seemed like a bad joke, his backpack box rustled slightly as his thoughts got stuck on the failure to find an outlet, a target for his anger. He thought he felt a slight touch at the edge of his mental awareness, but it could not get a grip on him. He was far too deep in his memories and his regret to lower the walls.

Small whirls of dust were formed by his feet as they led him out of the town.

Bill blustered into the RV, huffing after the speed they had rushed out of the asylum, muttering under his lack of breath. Bill rushed into Mabel after Alex and Harley, beckoning Jack inside. "Welcome ta Mabel, my RV, Jacko. I'll give ye' a better tour later on, but right now we gotta get movin'." He reached up into the compartment above the front seats and pulled down some bedding. He draped it over the damaged couple and retrieved his car keys from Alex. "It's gonna be hell to get the blood outta these sheets." Bill muttered, his gaze glazing over at the sight of his damaged comrades. "Anyone got any medical expertise? I'm a mechanic, not a physician." Bill said as he threw himself into the driving seat, making sure everyone had gotten in "try and keep them stable. I'll get us back to the camp as soon as I can. Someone'll be able to help 'em there, I'm sure." Bill said it in a reassuring voice, not turning around. He was afraid his eyes might betray the icy fear that had crawled up his spine at the sight of his comrades lying, ever so fragile, on the floor of the RV.

The last vestiges of the orange sun left the sky and the beginnings of a clear night showed itself as a veil of stars dotting the sky. Mabel's headlights came on and the RV threw dust into the night air as Bill gunned it out of the town, not even noticing Morkat in his rush to deliver his comrades to safety.
((Time skip to camp after everyone throws down a reaction post? Don't forget that wind doesn't like OOC only posts in his thread!))

Sasha muttered to her self as she followed the others outside grabbing the stuff at the desk that they all had turned in. It was heavy even for one like her. But no matter. It was when she caught up to the RV and dumped the stuff to the side once entering, that the true gravity of the situation became apparent.

"I'm no surgeon but i have dealt with my share of wounds in the field" She stated as she knelt down next to Harley. Moving the bedding from the unconscious girl . Ignoring the others, her right long finger glowed and she moved it swiftly down along Harley's clothes. Cutting the cloth with ease, leaving but a light smell of something burnt.

Sasha took a deep breath as she looked at the chest of the girl. Good thing she was unconscious.
Placing her right hand on top of the bare chest. She let her left hand move along the ribs. "hope you guys aren't sensitive about this stuff" she warned right before her fingers with a sound of dividing flesh sank trough the girls skin followed by a low snap as she corrected the damaged rib. It all was a slow process and a blind game where she sensed her way to damaged areas and did what she could.

"what the hell did you guys do in there" she muttered as she pulled out her hand from another point and lets some blood come out from internal bleeding. "girl is like a sinking warship inside" she commented before putting her hand back in feeling around until she found where the bleeding came from, pulling back out again the hand sent out a wave of steam and smell of burnt blood and skin. Sasha's face was focused and showed signs of pain. She couldn't take to much time on procedures and had to rely on her own ability to heal to keep the process clean from bacteria. At all time she kept her other hand on top of the girls chest. Luckily a girl had a nice set of nerves in the chest area she could use to locate some areas that where damaged based on the signals. Not to mention with the state the ribcage was in she had to push back at times to make sure the ribs where kept in place since the joint area keeping them together seemed to have split.

"someone get on the radio we need a blood donor for this back in the camp and i hope they know her blood type"
She sighed as the final part was done and finished by checking the girls face for a moment though it seemed okay the nose had taken quite a hit but managed to stay in one piece.

As for the young man she didn't notice anything serious from a quick check up. His stomach had taken quite a hit but she couldn't do much about that. "Do not give him anything to eat or drink until the doctor has had a look at his stomach" Sasha muttered as she leaned towards the seat behind her not bothering to stand up. Fully sober now she just felt the shaking of the moving vehicle.
"Damn brats didn't think they where this green to this type of encounter" In one sense she was responsible for this. Morkat was away and she was the senior member here. And yet she had let them do their thing while she hanged back. Drunk but still for someone like her that was no excuse.

Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
After knocking on the door to alert Sasha of this problems, Derany silently followed the others, feeling more than a little bad that he wasn't capable of helping out Harley or Alex, as they entered the RV Sasha burst in and seemed to have gotten everything under control, Harley's ribs were fixed while Alex was just simply down for the count. He sighed a little and sat down, afterwards, he wasn't too bothered by the gore, on the ohter had what's bugging him was that he didn't know Harley's blood type, at least then he would prove to be somewhat usefull in this situation. Dammit all, he thought to himself, and all he'd wanted to do was uncover some of his past at the very least, not get caught up in this mess, not capable of contributing much... However he did remember something about that mental influence Jack had on him, this wasn't his first experience with such a power, it was probably one of his biggest weaknesses; a mental attack on himself using... Himself, but he couldn't recall where, when and why, just that it was back at that facility he was once held at. Derany began to lose himself in his thoughts once more staring off out the RV's window at the dust billowing past it and the arid lands beyond, as he had always done when there wasn't much else to occupy him with.

Jack Reacher - The Serenity of Lucy - The RV, #802A2A

Jack watched Bill as the bars of his cell dispersed into a white light that illuminated the dark space around them. "You fool, you'll be betrayed! They will use you Jack! Then you'll come crying" Shocked Jack starred at the laughing clown that had tortured him as it began to materialize before his very eyes. Something was strange as the world around him began to shift into soft white light and in the distance, he could hear a familiar voice. "Jack!" it called. "Lucy?" he could hear his voice echo as a figure emerged from the light.

Tears began swell in his eyes as it approached. It was her, his beloved sister reaching out her arms to hug him. "I've been calling to you Jack" she gave him the soft familiar radiant smile she would always give him "I missed you." For the first time in years jack laughed a pleasant laugh as he nuzzled his face into her. "Don't ever leave me."

Now smiling, the boy looked toward old man that stood before him. Although the space was still distorted Jack felt he could control a little bit more of it "You give me gift. I follow." He spoke to the man who signalled toward him, leading the way; Lucy following along behind him.

Cocking his head he saw a woman laid out on the floor that he ran over to her and poked her face yet she did not stir. Several other figures suddenly appeared around him. Glancing worriedly toward Lucy he sought comfort "They are friends" she smiled gesturing toward them. With a nod he smiled. "Friend."

Reality

Suddenly the boy turned to talk to thin air "Lucy?" he asked, tears falling from his eyes. "Don't ever leave me." The boy spoke a smile now on his face. Looking up at bill the child nodded "You give me gift. I follow." he said taking the man's hand as he ventured into the RV. Sitting next to Harley he smiled putting a soft bony hand against her face "Friend."

The mind flew across the lands, her mission had to succeed, they had to know!

----------------------------------

Leader sat atop his mecha, once he had deemed it free from enough dust and dirt. Noticing Beau walking out of the trees he jumped down from his home, tumbling through the air. Landing with a wince from his suit he threw up a hand and waved at her.

"Hey, Beau!" Tiny sparks coursed about him as he straightened himself before looking back at the new member.
"Could you go and tell the guys in the big tent that the others should be back in an hour or so? They might want to get some food ready until then." He said glancing towards what could be seen of the camp through some greenery. The people there had since earlier managed to put up a few more tents, simply by splitting the main tent up into smaller pieces. The sleeping area had been split up between men and woman as had the showers. An additional tent had been set up as the other members had gotten a remark from Newhics about their weapons. They were at the moment going over some rifles and handguns, cleaning them and some additional equipment.
"And have you seen Newhics since our spar?" Leader asked Beau with a slight frown as he returned his gaze to her. Not knowing where the boy was got him unnerved. He felt one of his eyes tix when a spark went from his ear-piece to his neck. *Did someone mumble something in the coms?* Leader took his ear-piece out and checked it for any loose wires, waiting for Beaus reply.

---------------------------------

Bills RV moved over a bumb in the road, the interior lights making a static noise.

"Sasha!" The voice could only be heard inside the womans head, a slight tension on her temples recognizable as a mental link, meant to talk over long distances.
"Its Line, one of the caravans got ambushed by someone. We dont know who, but your group is the closest one..." The female voice was quiet a moment before continuing. "I have tried to get through to Leader or Morkat, but the mecha is causing interference, and something has made the Gear shut me out. Has something happened on your part. Newhics didnt make any sense as usual. So Ill have to relay this to you Sasha." The full length of the sentences were transmitted in a mere seconds, even over the distance from the females location. But it managed to convey her concern.

"In short: The second caravan has all but been wiped out, Dark and Eye was there and surveyed the remains. One of our Normals that still breathed said that something had crushed them in the middle of the night, taking Crystal with them, he was sure of it. Things are going bad at headquarters, we dont know if we can keep Wisp and the others from running off. Your group is closest by where the caravan went down, we hope you are able to pursue, we cant let this happen. Tell those three as soon as you can. Dark and Flesh is going to appear at Leaders location as soon as they can. Ill line you once we know anything more." Line broke contact once she was finished, things on her end had not allowed for her to wait for any response. She just hoped that Sasha didnt have a situation as bad as theirs.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Beau stopped dead in her tracks as she heard her name being yelled. Her head looking in the direction of the voice. It was leader with his mecha. She wondered what he could possible want from her. She nodded at his command. She had been on her way back to the camp, wanting to explore it more.

She lifted a brow at the question about Newhics. He hadn't come back yet? She glanced to the road in which she had just came. "He's dancing within the trees." She yelled back. Not sure how else to best say what it was he was doing. She looked even more puzzled as he messed with a piece of his suit. She had wondered if he didn't need a new suit as Bill had mentioned earlier. But such was out of her mind reach. She knew elaborately nothing about it, other then what she had just been told.=

Sasha sat still sensing the connection. The message not making her day any brighter. It ended abruptly increasing the weight of the urgency in the message. Placing a hand at her temple Sasha sighed.

"Anyone who says the wars are over is a fool" the woman muttered to herself. Before looking up.
"Bill the faster we get back the better, I got a message, seems we are not the only ones that has had a bad day. And get Morkat on the horn I need to speak with him. "Dragging herself up from the floor into the seat. Sasha began checking her equipment. "We got a rescue op on our hands" She stated rocking back and forth from the bumps in the road.

Bill Turned to grimaced as Sasha announced the news in an exasperated tone. "How'd you figure that one out Sasha? Got some Mental messaging ya?" Bill unhooked the radio transceiver regardless. He trusted his people. "Morkat, got some good news and some bad news-" And Bill filled Morkat in on the retrieval of Jack, Harley's injuries, and What Sasha had just said. "You get all of that, Mork'? Mhmm. I'll see you back at camp. Over and out."

Bill's sight flashed back, searching for Derany and Jack; "Derany, introduce yerself to Jack, would ye? I'd rather he knew y'all right off the bat." There came a sigh of "friend" from the troubled lad, which brought a smile to Bill's face, even if the tone sounded odd in the voice of the boy who had been so crazed a while before. "Y'Ok back there Jack? If you're hungry there's snacks in the cupboard opposite the fridge I think."

Bill focused on the road a little longer, the headlights lighting up a few hundred meters of the dirt road ahead, the dirt and dust rising in the view of the wing mirror stained red by the taillights. Bill kept his eyes on the road. "Alright, boys. Should be reaching the camp in a few minutes. How're the patients, Sasha?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Derany was, jolted out of his pondering that he was doing as Sasha's words shattered his seemingly endless train of thought. Before he had time to assess what Sasha said, he heard his name called by Bill, he turned around, hiding the fact that he was a little startled, and listened to the rest of what Bill had to say to him. Once Bill finished, Derany nodded, he understood that it would probably be for the best to introduce himself to Jack. Derany wasn't too good in initiating some sort of conversation to introduce himself with right now, as he usually wasn't the one to start a conversation with another in the first place, but weighing the possibilities, he figured it would be better to try at least. He turned towards Jack, hesitating before he spoke, as he wasn't quite sure how Jack would react to him "Hi" He spoke, trying his best to hide his nervousness "I'm Derany..." Derany wondered what else he could say, but he really couldn't think of anything else to say to Jack, so he waited for a response, not sure what it might be...

Last edited:
Jack Reacher - The RV, #802A2A
The Refrigerator, #802A2A

Hands, Hands, Hands so many hands filled the depth of the shining purple space as Jack crawled along the chequered flooring away from Harley and over to bill with glinting green eyes. There was a strange door to see a strange light illuminate Bill's face. Touching it Jack prodded Bill's cheek and gazed into eyes that looked like galaxies to him.

Swirling rock of glacial mirrors whizzed around Jack as a thousand thoughts cross through his mind. "Hi..." a strange voice that made Jack jump and reach for the nearest sharp edge he could find. "Hi....Hi....Hi" Letting out a low growl, his eyes scanned the space until they settle on a shadow. Baring his teeth the boy stood in front of Bill as if to guard him on primal instinct. "GO away!" stopping in front of him a mirror of the clown smiled then looked toward the shadow. "Jack!" the voice of Lucy interjected "No Jack, that is a good shadow." wide-eyed the boy turned to the girl "Good shadow?" he asked hoarsely starring at it. The girl nodded "What do you want to call it Jack?"

Letters and numbers went racing through his head as certain character became prevalent "D-E-R-A-R-N-Y" he finally decided "Derarny" he nodded. "Derarny good shadow."

Jack cocked his head at it, although it was a good shadow it stood unmoving. Unsure of what to make of it Jack took little regard for it and turned back to Bill that pointed him toward a strange door. Approaching cautiously jack knocked only to hear it echo. Nervously the boy grabbed the handle, surprised that it was smooth against his palm he pushed the door open. Much to his surprise to find a strange assortment of neatly arranged rocks and shells that looked like they had been left by someone "That is food Jack, you eat that." food? his eyes averted toward Bill suspiciously before returning to the rocks "Food..." he reached his hand for a clam. After several tried of trying to open the clam the boy finally managed to open it to see a strange meat inside. At first the boy played with it in his fingers before stuffing it into his mouth and looking toward Bill innocently.

Reality, #802A2A
Jack watched carefully Bill carefully as he opened the Fridge, gleaming with excitement when he saw the light that illuminated bill's face. Fascinated, the boy started prodding at his cheek and laughing until Derany finally spoke "Hi..." Jack jumped and grabbed the nearest sharp object to him which happened to be a knife "GO away!" Stood in front of Derany Jack was crouched like animal growling up at him. That suddenly when the boy looked at Derany wide-eyed "Good Shadow?" his voice came thick and hoarse. "D-E-R-A-R-N-Y!" he let out a laugh followed by a nod "Derarny, Derarny good Shadow"

As if waiting for something to happen Jack sat there and looked at Derany. But nothing did.

Bored of the whole affair Jack wandered over toward the pantry. It was almost as if he'd never used one before as he cautiously approached "Food?" he queried knocking on the door then reaching in to grab some crisps that he struggled to open but got there eventually. Once having fathomed the mystery of the chip pack, the boy sat next too Bill with an innocent, cheeky face as if to say I didn't do it.

The old man was so deep in thought when the com rang that he picked it out of his clothes and stared at it for a few seconds before answering. What Bill told him was enough to get his mind clear however.
Stopping to let his box dowb he deemed the forest in the distance but an hour away, he couldnt see the RV, but they would probably be at camp in a few minutes.
He took a deep breath and opened the box.

"Injured members, members in need of rescuing... I certainly dont have time to be slower than the younglings." Morkat said to himself, before he pushed his hands into the box. This would hurt.

------------------------------

Newhics was spinning around outside the tent where the regular members were presently making food, with the help of Beau.
His fingers were tapping an annoyed tune at the moment, since Leader had deemed it neccesary to scream his name in order to get his attention, *he could have just looked for me...* the older man was at the moment standing a few yards ahead, staring in rhe direction of the town.

"You do realise the headlights will show in this light ? Its soon dark after..." The young man spun his head around in the direction of the mecha, something had just appeared there, inside of his range. Without him noticing!
Just as he got ready to launch himself there, another something entered the air above them. Newhics sent a movement through his arms, redying them to deal with the enemies. But Leader stopped him.

"Calm down New, you know them." The way he said it made the younger man freeze with both arms outstretched. Staring questionably at the nontal leader. The man hadnt even glanced in a different direction yet.

Though moments later Newhics lowered his arms with a smile on his lips when somethings came close enough to be illuminared by the campsite lights.

----------------------------

When Bills RV entered the camp some minutes later there were seven people standing in front of the tents waiting for them.
Leader, Newhics and Beau had apart from Morkat, who was wiping sweat from his brows, also been joined by three newcommers.

A girl in a wheelchair, watched over by a suit-wearing man in his thirties, stretching his arms with a somewhat panicked expression. And strangest of the three, a complete opposite to the well-clad man. His hair a mess, and his clothes a collection of too big, mismatched pieces that were more draped over him than worn. But the biggest difference was the leering face that outdid even Newhics carefree demenoar.

All of them were casting glances at their leader, hisface set in stone as he waited for the RV to come to a stop.

• Love
Reactions: Silvir and Tone 6th
"Alive...for now" Sasha stood up and headed for the rear door as the RV slowed down. Not bothering with when it would stop and jumped out. "HEY! i remember a message being sent about the situation so where are the stretchers?!"

Her movement came to a halt as she looked at the seven people standing there. "Okay you and you i understand showing up. But her!" She exclaimed and pointed at Nora sitting in her wheelchair "How the flying fuck did she get permission to be here?"

The girl in the wheelchair puffed her cheeks and gave Sasha a challenging glare. "Because i know things and you will need my help anyway you brute" She pushed the wheels and moved forward looking at the RV and then glanced towards the tents where people came rushing out.

Sasha placed her hands on her hips and looked at Dark "You and i will have a talk about this later on. And good that you are here we need a doctor pretty much on the spot" She said turning her eyes towards the other man and pointing a thumb over her shoulder towards the RV. "Had to do some improvised field work but shouldn't be to messed up for you to fix"

After the RV rolled to a stop, Bill yanked on the handbrake and pulled out his keys, before pulling himself out of the driving seat hurriedly. "Jack, stick with me, alright buddy? I don't want you to get into any trouble." Bill poked his head out the RV as he heard Sasha challenge the lack of stretchers, "Really? No stretcher?" Bill sighed, almost disbelievingly, before turning back in and taking a knee down besides an unconscious Alex.
With a light shake of his shoulder, Bill tried to make him come to. "Alex, time to get up, buddy, we're here, the doc's gonna need to have a look at you."

Bill then turned his attention to Harley. The lack of stretchers meant moving her was going to be a task, and Bill was unsure to even try moving her at all. On the one hand picking the poor woman up would get her to treatment faster, on the other hand the movement of someone carrying her without a stretcher might make her condition worsen.
Bill turned to Derany "We really need a stretcher, 'Rany. Could ya head outside and ask Sasha and her buddies?"
Bill Turned back to Harley her breath coming out in quite rattling sighs. He seemed to grow older, then. Like the sight of a dying friend made all his years creep up on him at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.