Mental Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derany nodded quietly at Bill and quickly hopped off the RV knowing the less time it took to get Harley safely to proper care the better, taking off running towards Sasha and the others, skidding a little to a stop once he reached them. Silently, but quickly taking note of the 3 newcomers "Anyone know where a stretcher would be?" he spoke quietly, but just loud enough for most others to hear. He glanced back at the RV for a moment, hoping everything is still fine back there, then glanced back at the group waiting for an answer.

"Alex... time to get up..... we're here, the doc's gonna.... look at you." a blurred voice echoed in Alex's head. He went in and out of consciousness for a few seconds, eyes fluttering open and close. The cowboy slowly sat up on the hard tile floor his head was pounding. "Where are we?" he got to his feet and looked out the window to the camp. A small smile found its way onto his face, he was home. "Bill I-" he caught site of Harley and the bloody sheets that were draped over her. "Move!" he shoved Bill out of the way and ran outside. A combination of the trauma to his stomach and the awful sight of Harley made him vomit. After a few seconds he wiped his mouth and made his way back to the RV. "Bill I reckon ya have either A. A mattress we can use to move her, or B. A thick sheet we could carrier her in?" Alex looked him in the eye.

Bill made a non-committal noise; "Alex, I've seen situations like this before. Best thing to do with her is keep her still. She's somewhat stable now that sasha's looked at her, but moving her without a sturdy stretcher is very likely to end up hurting her."
Bill glanced at the door, "Speaking of which, where's Derany?"

Dark looked like he wanted to disappear as Sasha reprimanded him for allowing the girl to come with them. He simply couldnt say no to Nora, she knew things... And Flesh had simply laughed at him when he tried to get his support. Things were not to his liking at all, but he didnt really have the courage to voice his opinions, not now what with the situation and all. So he settled for an awkward nod at Sasha.
When Derany got to them Dark glanced back at the people from the tents who were at the moment running out with a makeshift stretcher, going past Derany as he turned back towards them.

While Dark was shrinking underneath Sashas glare, Flesh, on the other hand. Went from having a smile to having an expression of pure bliss on his face.
"I get to be a doctor? Great, I love being a doctor!" Like a child being told he could have all the candy the man moved forward past Sasha as well as Derany, leaving those with the stretchers far behind as he arrived at the RV but moments later.

Morkat however had a pained expression on his face as he stood with the others. It wasnt that he didnt trust Flesh able to manage any possible damage or injury. But rather that the guy had a bit of an abrupt way of doing so.

"So, where is the sick people?" Flesh said as he got into the RV, taking a look around noting both Alex and Harley. Seeing as Alex was conscious, he nodded to himself before speaking again. "I guess Ill fix the lady first then eh?" Giving Bill and Alex a huge smile when he crouched down beside Harley. Throwing off the sheets to get a good look at the damage.

"Well this one has some heavy bruises doesnt she! Here goes!" Flesh placed one of his hand on Harleys stomach, the hand getting a reddish hue, veins appearing all over it. And he pushed it through the skin.

Last edited:
Derany looked towards Flesh curiously, they didn't call him that for nothing; taking notice of the pained expression Morkat had on his face when he looked at Flesh running towards the RV, it reminded him of an overly eager child... Things that were less common nowadays really, he realized he hadn't seen any of Flesh's "procedures" on his "patients", though perhaps he didn't want to from what he'd heard about them. There seemed to be more pressing matters at hand seeing as the people gathered here looked rather grim, perhaps he should head back to the RV, Sasha did mention they had a rescue on their hands... Something felt wrong about this entire situation, very wrong, and frustratingly enough, this particular feeling refused to go away, and unlike thoughts, feelings themselves were much harder to lock out...

Bill watched as the man pushed past him, and thrust his hand into Harley. Bill went to tear the man away from Harley, put stopped himself, fearing making the situation worse.
"What in the seven hells..." Bill rushed to the RV's door and looked at those present.
"Someone had better tell me what he's doin' ta harley." Bill let out a huffing, angry breath, his eyes flashing with no small amount of anger. "And why he thought he could do it without talkin' ta us about it first."
Bill shot a glance out to sasha, hoping for some exposition. "Sasha, the hell's goin' on here?"

-"Nora you head straight of to the main tent and wait there till im done here" glaring at the young girl that defiantly stared back Sasha raised an eyebrow and then turned her eyes to Leader who just seemed to stand there quietly. That was until Bill came rushing clearly alarmed by what Flash was doing. Waving her hand she ignored his concerns. -"don't worry i sent him to do it just get the rest of the people out from the RV and into the camp for now"

Harley Rogue

"Dad?" There was no direct response, as the noise became louder and persistent. The female scream echoed somewhere in the distance, erie and familiar. "M-mom?" She kept turning around until the pressure in her head made her stop. She felt numb and disoriented as she rubbed her temple and the bridge of her nose. Everything was too dark and yet too noisy to handle. "Great. I am officially out of my mind. Well, it took me long enough." Warm fluid on her fingers and well known strong smell made her look at her palms that now were bloody. "Shit..." The sight of blood itself didn't upset her, but the fact that it smelled too familiar upset her. Weakness overpowered her stubbourness and she knelt with on knee on imaginary pitch black ground and grabbed her stomach that now radiated with unbearable pain. but instead of nicely curved line that used to be there she felt a huge gap and it seemed that all her intestines were ripped out through the opened wound that bled severely. "I c-can't..." She expected to drop dead every moment as her body numbed further, but nothing happened. As if she was trapped in a purgatory, she suddenly realized that she couldn't die. "Am I...dead?! But..." But faster than it occured, the thought vanished as she shook her head violently. "No! Heck no!" She growled and narrowed her eyes as she rose up and straightened her back, despite the excrutiating pain that came from the wound. "I never believed in crap like afterlife and redemption, and you can be sure as hell I won't start now. No matter what shit you served for me this time." She said to no one in particular, trying to remember what the hell happened before she passed out but even though she remembered every blow well enough, she had no idea whether it was one of Jack's jokes.

"This isn't funny anymore, you ass!" Harley yelled frustrated as the noise surrounded her again. The sound of panic and cries, shots here and there, but nothing to be seen. "Grow up! Just..." Voice of the kid broke through the noise. "I would, but you never let me." Harley turned towards the voice and saw a boy that was there before. She laughed loudly. "You again? Oh, I see. Well fucking done Jack! You really could have done better and not just repeating your little trick. It got old the first time." The boy stared at her with his lifeless eyes. "You don't know who I am." Tilting his head aside, Harley was sure he flashed a wide maniacal smile towards her. She replied. "I don't know, you tell me. Should I?" Boy came closer and stood in front of her, looking up. His neck yawned and Harley felt the nausea building up. There was no doubt he was dead. Long dead. "You should. You were the one that killed me. Shame on you." The boy's voice turned down as his pale slit throat yawned wider. Harley stepped back. "Get the hell away from me..." The boy stepped forward. "No need to run. You can't go anywhere." Harley looked around and clenched her jaw. "To hell and back I can. I was already there." Not even the glare at maggots that now dropped from boy's neck disturbed her any further. Giving up and breaking down was the last thing she considered, maybe even a bit below that. The boy chuckled ghostly. "But you promissed you will come back. I waited, you know? Waited and waited... and now you are here." Harley smirked. "You are dead, deal with it kiddo." The boy swayed side to side as his eyes turned black and started dripping from his sockets. "We can still play. I don't feel pain. Hide and seek, remember? No knives, remember? You cheated but I can forgive you. Let's try again." She shook her head. "Nah, I don't think so. I don't feel like it." Boy's ghastly smile faded for a moment. "But...you can't back out. You're it." Harley frowned lightly. "I am what now?"

It was too late to react once she saw a shiny blade of knife, appearing in boy's hand. "I said..." He repeated, streaching body backwards like a viper ready to strike. "...you're IT" With that, his tiny hand hurried forward with blade flashing openly. "What the actual..." Her words were interrupted by piercing pain coming from hr stomach when blade went in and cut through her spine. She screamed in pain.

She could have sworn her head exploded, as light suddenly flashed again and her bruised lungs inhaled deeply when she gained conciousness appearently in the worst possible moment. Before her eyes got used to the bright light again, her lungs squealed under the broken ribs and she panted violently, trying to speak, but her voice refused to storm out after heavy scream and pain in her chest. "Gh...ngh..." She managed to cough and reach agressively towards the place where the gap was. Her eyes widened in shock when she grabbed someones arm that literally went into her wound causing painful tension. Adrenaline hit her and her vision cleared as she pierced the unknown person who's arm she grabbed, with her aggressive and deeply frowned glare. "Leave...me..." Harley barely mumbled as she grab hold tighter and tighter on the arm with all of her gained strenght as her body defied her stubborn mind. "...a-ALONE!" She suddenly snapped as her grip tightened and her mind bursted, suddenly exploding van's windows to pieces with pressure that hurled from Harley's beaten up body. Tiny stream of blood went down her jaw from the corner of her mouth as she stared at her enemy and inhaled once more even thought it was almost unbearable. "Go...t-to...hell..." She spit it out angrily and roughly. She felt pain. Best thing about it; she was alive.

Last edited:
Beau had stayed silent and stayed back. She held no first aid trying besides the simple patching herself up. She watched as the others ran to the rv to see what was wrong. She was concerned for the other's, unsure what they had gone through in the town. She had not found anything of such dangerous nature when she had been there. Of course empty buildings couldn't harm any one. She glanced about watching as people gathered and got supplies. Ready for whatever was in the rv.

However she saw the glass break and quickly reacted. The shards could harm someone, even a simple bystander. She always carried a small container of water on her, just incase she needed some in a bind. She threw a handful towards the flying pieces of glass. The water would quickly turn to ice as it impacted the glass. Such allowing the sharp edges to round out a bit. So much that if they hit someone it wouldn't hurt before landing fully intact on the grass. Her chest was heaving slightly from the adrenaline rush her powers caused. It was an addicting rush, one she sometimes had a hard time over coming.

Fleshs expression when the kinetic pulse exploded from Harley was full blown surprise. As he was at the center of it, his body took what power didnt crush the windows and interior of the RV. Part of his face had been torn of, the flesh underneath it dripping blood on the girl. His arm was a torn piece of flesh, the part Harley was gripping the only thing keeping itself together. Though while he looked like something dragged through a meat-grinder, Fleshs eyes glittered as he looked up at the furious girl.

"Whoa, that sure hurt! Didnt count on you waking up just yet, haha." The man continued laughing as he stood up, his eyes getting a red hue as his arm melted in Harleys grip, strips of skin and blood slipping up out of her. Flesh looked down at the arm and touched his face with his other hand. He still managed to look surprised without a face to show it properly.

"Well, this is gonna hurt more than I hoped. You are okay now by the way, your lung is fixed, and the internal bleeding is drained. You might want to drink a lot though." He said as he closed his eyes, the torn parts of his arm and face putting themselves back together, the expression on his face becoming one of pain as it healed, the arm still looking like it had been through a grinder. He looked over to Alex.

"How about you then, need a doctor?"

----------------------------------------------------

Leader looked with approval at Beau as the ice-coated glass pieces rained down in their direction, some of them hitting those present.
"Good call there, quick judgment might save your life one day. Now, get them over here. And Sasha, I want to know what Line said." He shot a last glance at the RV, they would get it sorted out, before he went back to the camp-site.

Morkat, Newhics and Dark followed him, Dark pushing Noras wheelchair muttering about crazy women. The people with the stretchers arrived at the RV and got inside to help Harley out.

• Love
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Ears ringing, vision blurred, it was like the false war all over again. The explosion sent Alex flying into the dash, hitting the back of his head on the hard plastic. "Sir....Sir! Are you alright?" John's familiar voice brought the cowboy to. "John?.... Is Harley ok?" Alex rolled his head side to side trying to get his ears to stop ringing. "Yes sir, her vitals have stabilized and her organs are fixed." John beeped. Alex breathed a sigh of relief "Thank the lord above." He sat there for a few seconds, senses still out of whack, trying to recuperate. "How about you then, need a doctor?" he heard the man who was "operating" on Harley ask. Alex waved his hand from left to right "No sir I don't need no body gettin their mitts on my insides. Thank you though." he struggled to get to his feet. When the stretcher came in a took Harley away Alex followed like a lost dog. They patched up her cuts, as well as his, stuck an IV in her arm and left her on a cot. Alex approached Harley with caution "Harley I'm so sorry for what I did, but you have to understand I wasn't in the right state of mind." He took one of her hands "I'm so sorry Harley, I never wanted to do this to you or anyone else." tears filled his eyes.

Harley Rogue

The dust around the van settled and the rattling of broken glass pieces was no longer to be heard soon after. Leaving all the pain and stress aside, she was glad to know...well, to HEAR no one got hurt by her foolish act. Still firmly holding on to the arm that was pushed inside her chests, she focused on male's voice. "Whoa, that sure hurt! Didnt count on you waking up just yet, haha." Harley chuckled along, now being able to speak and breath easier. "Well I do tend to surprise..." She put more pressure on her grip trying to pull the arm out, panting lightly. "But if you'll excuse me, you are in my, more or less, private parts." Raising her head upwards to look at the person. Her eyes widened in shocked expression, that was quickly replaced with the deep frown, when she faced 'half man, half mess'. "Good God!" Coming from the atheist, it sounded endlessly ridiculous and yet suitable for the occasion. She sighed, partially disappointed in herself and partially relieved that he was so relaxed about missing his face. "Well, this is gonna hurt more than I hoped. You are okay now by the way, your lung is fixed, and the internal bleeding is drained. You might want to drink a lot though." The guy said and she couldn't help but laugh. "Why am I not surprised at all?" She asked no one in particular as the guy moved away and she was able to straighten up. Regardless of how painful it was, being able to move at all seemed like a miracle. Not like she ever believed in any. Not like she ever needed those. "How about you then, need a doctor?" She paid attention to him again. Getting his face back surely made it possible to figure who was he talking to. Looking through the van's doors, she noticed Alex. He as well seemed like he had seen better days and she frowned again, torn between thoughts. Alex replied. "No sir I don't need no body gettin their mitts on my insides. Thank you though." Yet, somehow, she couldn't help but smile.

Moving up and down from the position she was in seemed like a thousand men's job at that point. "I don't need help." Constantly hovered somewhere inside of her head and she felt endlessly embarrassed for being helped and tossed around like she is only helpless and nothing more. Process from being a strong weapon to becoming a burden hurt her more than any other wound she had. But realising it wasn't true, she let it go, obeying her helpers. Once she was settled nicely in the stretcher, she only had enough strength to salute the guy who's face she blasted not so long ago, before she leaned her head and looked at the sky above, trying not to refuse everything they did for her. Being very much aware of Alex following beside, she still stared up, thinking. "Harley I'm so sorry for what I did, but you have to understand I wasn't in the right state of mind." After a short pause, she replied lightly, frowning, with her head still turned upwards. "I am sure you weren't." For whatever reason, treating him that way felt just endlessly wrong. Wrong and disgusting. She remembered their conversation in the cell that they got in with all his fault. Or was it hers? She frowned again not giving up. "I'm right sorry about that scumbag who took advantage of ya." ringed in her memory and for once she believed the honesty. As far as she knew, he had as much reasons not to, or to trust her as she had.

She jerked and looked down. "I'm so sorry Harley, I never wanted to do this to you or anyone else." Staring at Alex's hand being on the place where usually no foreign hand belonged, her brain paused everything for a second. Was it normal? "Is he...crying?" Harley's brain asked question out of nowhere as she did all she could to avoid looking up at his face. "No, no, no..." In the end of that moment she sighed and raised her head lightly to get a glimpse of his face when he was not looking. "Ah crap!" Harley thought noticing the tears. She hesitated and thought it through before replying lightly. "Stop that. People are watching you." Frown turned into a smirk when she lifted her head. "Get a grip on yourself man!" Even sounding angry as she usually did, she was still smirking. "It was just a scratch." As the group moved faster towards the camp, she managed to discreetly squeeze his hand with hers. "Besides," She nodded. "We still need you, soldier. I still need you." And she did. Was it normal? Well...if normal was even a word these days.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tone 6th
Bill was thrown from the doorway by a shock wave that shattered the plasti-glass of his caravan, and sent sprawling into the dust.
"Sonofa-" He started, but he cut himself off when he caught a glimpse of Harley and Alex up and about.
That was something, at least.
Bill stood up and looked his RV over. The side windows were all blown out, but the bulletproof windshield and the rest of the structure looked fine.
Been meaning to fit some bulletproof glass in those windows anyway bill mused, smiling. He's have traded more than a few windows for his group's health anyway.

Bill turned around, rising to his feet, and looking over Jack. The kid seemed to have avoided the worst of it.
Eyeing Sasha as she disregarded him with a wave, Bill's mouth formed a thin line. "don't worry i sent him to do it-" she started, but Bill's eyes narrowed. "Sash, hun, I know time was a factor there, so I'll make an exception, but I don't want people walking into my RV willy nilly to become a recurrin' theme." Bill watched as Alex and Harley were carted off and felt a pang of fear. These kids could have died today, and it was up to Bill to make sure that something like this didn't happen again. Sure, things could have been way worse if Bill hadn't forced them all to lose their weapons and hadn't sent them in on the highest guard possible, but things still went south faster than a republican duck in autumn.

Bill made a note to figure out a way to deal with Abstract Externals that didn't endanger his people. sooner, rather than later.

Bill locked up Mabel after everyone head left, and nudged Jack with a brush of a gloved hand and gestured for him to follow him. It was time to make his case to Hawtiar. Just as Bill started walking, however, A piece of glass, one that had evidently taken a very parabolic route to get to him, glanced off his shoulder. Bill flinched, before double taking as he looked at the glass when it bounced to the floor.
Seeing that it might have been jagged if not for a blunting pack of frost around it's point, Bill shot a grin to Beau, eyes twinkling "Owe you one."

Bill followed the rest of the group back to the campsite, that now shone with fires and lamps as the stars glittered overhead.
and followed Hawtiar till he could approach him. with more than a little trepidation. He would have to convince Hawtiar to allow Jack to stay in the camp despite the fact his ability might make him a liability.
Bill decided to start things off with a little flattery "Looks like we're back, Skipper!" Bill announced, it wasn't "Leader", which seemed to be Hawtiar's preferred nickname, but Bill wasn't ever calling him that if the world was going to end. It was just far too cheesy.
With a little wave as he closed the distance to Hawtiar and stood with Jack in tow. "This is Jack, the guy we helped out. He's fairly stable now he's got a little tech to help him hold control of himself, but what he really needs is a stable environment and friends to help him work through his issues."
Bill paused a moment and met eyes with Hawtiar. "I want to help him. He's a powerful Mental and he could help our cause, but more than that, he's seen a hell of a lot of grief, and someone needs to show him there's some good in these sun-scorched plains."
Bill put his hands on his hips and looked down for a moment. A campfire crackled somewhere, sparks making an attempt to join the stars in the cloudless sky.

"I'm willing to take full responsibility for him if I have to. But I think the 'nontals could be his new family."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speakers:

"Bill Mayhew"

"Sasha"
Time: Almost Midnight
Weather: Clear
Bill's physical status: Tired
Bill's mental status: Weary/Unguarded
Mabel's status: blasted out side windows, bloodstains on the carpet, Empty fridge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beau blushed as he looked to Leader. "It's already saved me more times then I can count." She remarked with a smile before thinking for a minute, unsure what it was he wanted her to do.. However such seemed unnecessarily as they all started to file out of the rv and towards leader.

It was strange to show her magic off to everyone, having kept it to herself all these years. No one really knew what she was capable, never wanting to put that much effort into it, though this was still alot smaller then what Newhics had showed was enough to protect these good people, at least for now. That was enough for her, there was no need to owe her anything. But she gave a Bill a smile at his words, her cheeks turning dark again. She followed the group, or more particularly Bill with his new lad.

Derany figured it was about time to head back to the RV and check up on everyone there, he wasn't sure if Flesh had really "fixed" anything during the time he had spent away from it, but he certainly hoped at least some progress was made. As he neared the RV a sudden booming noise sounded from it quickly followed by a shockwave which carried the now shattered glass which was headed towards him. On pure instinct he raised a hand to shield his face using the other to reach for his weapon which he wasn't even sure if he could use in time. Thankfully that didn't matter as a splash of water came from beyond his line of sight hitting the glass and freezing onto it making the shards fall harmlesssly to the floor now rounded out, turning quickly towards where the splash of water had come from he saw Beau whom was clearly respnsible for neutralizing what once had been a potential threat. He simply nodded at her as if quietly saying thanks before he turned towards the RV glancing around he noticed Bill was alright with Jack not too far from him, he also noticed to his relief that Harley and Alex were fine... They made a good pair really as he thought about it more watching them interact for a short while before his attention returned to the others standing around his eyes falling on Beau for a moment again "Looks like I'm in debt." he thought to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.