Mental Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley Rogue

Harley nodded, smiling lightly. "Aye, I hear ya. Normal life is kinda abstract at this point." She switched legs, leaning on the other one now, making herself more comfortable and mumbling more to herself, but not too quiet. "And we all wanted to be heroes at some point." She smirked on his comment about the Nontals. She couldn't agree more. At this point, somehow she was glad all that happened. She probably wouldn't know all that interesting things otherwise. Harley understood him pretty clearly as his personality revealed further more.

"Why did you join? Why is a loner like you helping a group of curious loonies? Seems to me like you would just prefer to live your own life." Harley chuckled and banged her fist into the bar that Alex left his cyber finger's marks on. "All good questions and statements, soldier." She hesitated, letting her long hair loose and shaking the dust off, before tying it back into the tail and replying. "Main reason is because they saved my ass. Big time. If they didn't, I would be long gone by now. I wanted to repay them and I guess I somehow stayed for this long." Laughing lightly, she answered his other question. "And yes, they can be pretty loony, I admit. But it is quite refreshing and it works well, as far as I can tell. I always preferred going alone, but I might be of more use like this. Besides, they don't bother me when I need time on my own. I appreciate that. Through all that they earned my respect."

Alex chuckled a bit and slipped back into his accent to change things up "I reckon they saved a lot of people Miss Harley." Alex paused for a moment then spoke up "Do ya got anyone back home waiting fer ya? I know yer family was taken from ya but do ya have someone special? Someone you'd defend with yer life?" Alex was blushing and beating around the bush, though he tried to hid it as best he could. "I mean as pretty as ya are I reckon you'd have to." Alex made it a point to not make eye contact with Harley, embarrassed to even be asking the question.

Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Harley Rogue

"I reckon they saved a lot of people Miss Harley." Harley nodded, remembering her own close call. "Do ya got anyone back home waiting fer ya? I know yer family was taken from ya but do ya have someone special? Someone you'd defend with yer life?" She prolonged the silence, thinking about her answer. She couldn't help but to smirk noticing his confusion. "I mean as pretty as ya are I reckon you'd have to." Harley finally looked at him and raised her eyebrow. "Oh yes, I do have three husbands and a bunch of kids home. That is my true reason for running away. My husbands met and it was awful." She teased, pausing a bit, before laughing lightly. "Seriously, soldier. If I had someone, wouldn't I be by their side now and not here?"

"Besides,"
She added. "I had sucky faith and the last person I actually cared about, turned out to be a traitor of my previous group. How dumb is that?" She chuckled on her statement. "I let my guard down because of him and I almost got killed in return. Not gonna happen again. I guess I am too cold and rough for men's taste. But honestly, who needs you guys? You suck." Harley didn't really mean it and she said it as an obvious joke, trying to make Alex relax a bit. She smirked wisely asking the same question indirectly to him. "I doubt your lady would agree with me. It might be just me who thinks that way. Women are complicated. I don't get us either."
Oh they were complicated alright,
especially Harley. She maintained her calculated and wise face no matter how inconvenient it actually was for her.

Alex laughed "Sheeeeoooot I'd run away to if I had that many relationships too. And I'm right sorry about that scumbag who took advantage of ya." Alex had a goofy grin on his face when Harley mentioned "his lady" "Well I've never really been in a relationship before, I was as at the military academy most of life. Paw and some other scientists constantly ran tests on my arm and how it performed with my meteor blade, so I never really was around the ladies much. Don't get me wrong I had my fare share of foolin around at the academy but nothing to serious." Alex blushed a little. Alex placed his hand, palm up, over his forehead "I reckon the life of a soldier is a hard road to walk." he said over dramatically. Then Alex put his hand out "Hows about you and me become an item Miss Harley." Alex stayed serious faced for as long as he could then laughed "I'm only kiddin."

Harley Rogue

"Sheeeeoooot I'd run away to if I had that many relationships too. And I'm right sorry about that scumbag who took advantage of ya." Harley laughed sincerely and replied. "Nah, don't worry about that. I got over it long ago. And he was exactly that; just a scumbag." She listened to his explanation for lack of girlfriend or wife and she nodded. "Aye, bet it was pretty much pain in the butt. But the man's gotta do what man's gotta do I guess." She chuckled lightly on Alex's theatrical performance. "I reckon the life of a soldier is a hard road to walk."

"Indeed. But you did good. You missed out nothing, I can tell you that much. You made yourself useful. That is what matters. I respect that." Harley laughed lightly when he proceeded. "Hows about you and me become an item Miss Harley." She looked him straight in the eyes with her piercing and daring greenish gaze. Harley was testing his acting abilities. Wait for it...and... "I'm only kiddin." She chuckled on his laughter. It was pretty charming. "Oy, seriously now. You know how to put an accent as a god damn professional. But we for sure have to work on your acting."

Internally Alex was a bit disappointed "She would make a great companion, but its best not to rush things Alex. Take it slow and maybe she'll fall for you. I mean come on you've only known her day or so she might be hiding something...... she has your trust but not all of it." Alex sat back down on the bed and let out a long sigh "So Harley what are the extent of yer powers?. I mean I think, and I'm just going out on a limb here, we'd make a pretty good team. What I would like to do is understand every ones powers and create a really nice team. However, because we're in a jam right now I figure I'd start with you. So if ya trust me enough tell me what are yer strengths and weakness are..... and I'll tell ya mine in return." Alex smiled.

Harley Rogue

She thought a bit about his question. Walking around her cell, she hesitated a bit. It was a serious thing to do. Saying all that she's been through to someone she knew so little was one. Saying him her strengths and weaknesses was other thing. She lead vicious decision battle in her head. "He looked once again in his calm face." He sucks as an actor, so he couldn't possibly act it out. Could he? And there was the entire group that wouldn't appreciate a traitor. He is also just a normal. It would be easy to take him down if...

"Well," Harley started. "I don't know if this is smart but..." She continued walking around. "I'm a nitrokinesis user. Meaning I can manipulate the pressure to create explosions and implosions on both living things and objects. The more I am focused, persistent or mad, the bigger object I can blow up or crush. I can use it on things I can see. The closer it is, the better it works." She sighed. "And...about weaknesses... I guess I can't use them if I wear armour or bulletproof west. I could easily blow myself up. And it takes a lot of energy and concentrations. Not to mention that you feel like shit after any heavier use of ability." Harley shrugged. It was all she could tell him. "Your turn."

"So she would be really good at diversions and some combat with her abilities." Alex thought cold and calculated. "Well my strengths hmmmmm... Well with my left arm I can lift about a ton, and my sword weights about 25 pounds, so ya can imagine what I can do with it. The rest of me is nothing to spit at either, I train myself every day to keep a fit mind and body." Alex had a prideful smile on his face as he flexed a bit in front of Harley. "Believe it or not I'm pretty good with strategy as well. Weaponry wise I just have my sword and my magnum, though I'm not much fer guns I prefer an up close fight." Again Alex showed a prideful smile. Then Alex looked Harley dead in the eyes "Alright fer my weaknesses........ I have no mental mind protection training. The false wars kind of rushed me through the academy so I wasn't given the proper training. That's why I keep this headband on it's lead line so it keeps the mantels out.... well most of them anyway. I have helmet that does the same thing but to a greater effect." Alex rubbed his arm feeling exposed. "Thank ya Harley I know its hard to tell a stranger every thing about ya."

Last edited:
Harley Rogue

Harley nodded, considering what he said. "So, you're pretty much chest to chest kind of fighter. Not bad, soldier. I am impressed." She crossed her arms and laughed lightly when Alex showed off his build. She shook her head, but she thought how he indeed had a lot to show. Unlike most of over confident soldiers and males she ran onto. For sure he was different. Reckless and hilarious, but still different in a good way. Please, she was a girl and she had both eyes, what was she supposed to do? "Not gonna tell a lie to ya. You have every right to brag." She truly hoped it didn't sound as cheesy as she thought it did. She regret it instantly, but there was no turning back.

"Believe it or not I'm pretty good with strategy as well. Weaponry wise I just have my sword and my magnum, though I'm not much fer guns I prefer an up close fight." Harley nodded. "That wouldn't be a problem. I know enough about guns and shooting to cover that up. You strength and strategy would do good, however." She smirked at his weakness. "That's it? Well in that case, I would be more than glad to have you as a combat partner. You're pretty much one of the guys that have the least holes in their armour that I knew. We can work it out on mental weakness." She felt quite relieved that he was not indifferent to share those informations, as well as she wasn't indifferent to share hers. It meant he probably could be trusted. It would take more to gain it, but he was on his way and for now it was enough. "You told me yours so we're even. If you ever try to stab my backs, I shall stab you back." She smirked wisely.

Last edited:
Beau's jaw dropped at the battle, smiling in turn for each of them. Silently she was cheering for both. What a show these two were putting on. It was amazing, the best she had seen in a while. She had never seen the beauty in fighting till now, it was always just something she used to protect herself. Her mother had always told her that anything more could hurt her in the long run. Taking her hands off her ears she smiled at the both of the as was thrown back and forth, it landed every where, covering her completely with dust. Great, now she would have to find a shower. She gave a soft smile as they turned their attentions to her finally. "I think it was a draw. You two seem to be equally skilled at combat." She said, hoping they like that answer. She couldn't very well take sides. Then she began to dust herself off alittle, before giving up. "Thank you for showing me that wonderful display of combat." She thought for a moment. "So how did the two of you meet?" She asked, not bothered too much by all the dirt. She wanted to hear about them and the group.

Bill spent a few minutes chatting with Gallast, his wife, Sasha and Derany, but eventually he got up, rolling his shoulders a little, and proclaimed: "Well, I think it's time we busted these two rascals out, Gallast, how much is the bail?" Bill took out his wallet, sure that he'd get compensated by Hawtiar.
Handing over the sum, Bill stifled a yawn. He had been on the road since early morning, and he wasn't getting any younger. He fancied an evening tinkering with his project in the back of his RV, and maybe cracking open a few cold ones and a catching up with Morkat.

Bill leant against the receptionist's counter and gestured to Sasha and Derany; "Anyone want a lift back to camp?"

Sasha at first looking like she was about to fall asleep snorted and stood straight again. "oh right yeah thats why i am here. A ride home yeah." Rubbing her temples the woman nodded to her self without saying anything and pointed towards a corridor. "Cells that way right? gonna give them cleaning duty around the kitchen back in the camp." And headed down it before anyone had a chance to answer.

After a moment Her voice could be heard from the corridor "hey is there any wine in this building think i have gotten a taste for that red stuff to be honest"

Derany was about to tell Sasha that he got the pipe she was looking for, but she was gone before he had the chance to speak "Oh well, maybe next time.." He thought to himself he looked at Bill who seemed to have the situation handled, feeling a little guilty he wasn't the one to pay the bail, but he'd rather not start an unnecessary debate over it... So he waited for Gallast's response to what Bill said in silence, making a mental note to ask Bill about where Sasha went after this is all over...

Gallast got up to speed with the mechanic, all under Julias disapproving stare. The guard seemed to be getting intrigued by the drunk Sasha, who Gallast still had a hard time understanding as the one he and Julia had known when they were younger, she didnt look more than a few years older. When Bill got up he checked the papers before replying that it was only a hundred coins. He gave the precise sum the other man handed him to Julia before turning back towards him.

"Bill, what group are you all part of ? And why did you camp outside the city instead of at the inn?" He looked over at Sasha when she moved away towards the corridor connecting the reception with the prison. Hopefully Allder wouldnt be too surprised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allder woke up again as someone approaching in the corridor said something about wine. Standing up he adressed the woman who seemed a bit drunk as far as he was concerned.

"No ma'm, we keep no wine here at the cells. Are you here to pick them up?" He said looking back at Harley and Alex.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both Leader and Newhics snorted at Beau's idea that they were equally skilled at combat, though the older mans snort was a few parts better, which Newhics ignored. When she asked about how they met however, their reaction was a tad different. Leader getting a deep frown as if remembering something he would rather not. Newhics showing a wide grin. As Leader shook the front of his suit to get rid of the dirt Newhics answered.

"Leader and the old man found me in a city that got what it deserved." His smile was splitting his whole face in two as his fingers began tapping at his sides again. Losing a little focus in his eyes he spun towards the other man who didnt seem to succed in loosing the dirt. In contrast to himself who didnt have have a single grain of sand on him.

"On that note, I used a few years that time. Leader, you owe me two weeks for this one. And get the mechanic to check out those sound-blasters, I barely felt them." Winking to Beau he walked off into the forest, his hands moving with his feet against the tune playing in his mind.

Leader looked at him as he left, *Just dont find any intruders, they wouldnt survive it.* Turning towards the girl again he spoke up with his version of the story.

"Me and Morkat, the guy who went with most of the others into town this morning, found the kid a few years ago in the rubble of a city. I say rubble because everything was crushed into pieces. We think that bandits attacked it, but we have no clue about the amount, we simply couldnt tell. We brought him into the group, my Post-nontals. We are trying to find out what started the war and some other irregularities about it. New kind of acts as our guard-dog nowadays." While he had refrained from telling her about the full extent of the destruction he and Morkat had found the boy in, some of the regret he felt over Newhics fate showed in his eyes. The sorrow an old soldier feels at seeing new recruits joining the fray. Hopefully the girl in front of him would never have to know, nor would the rest of the members. The three of them would make sure of it.

"So, how about you Beau, how did you get here? And would you care to stay?" He for once gave off the impression of the position he was supposed to hold in the group, their leader.

"aww really.." She looked at the man and then turned her gaze towards the cells. "AH!! there you are trouble makers. yeah im here to pick em up or well" she pointed back towards from where she came "Some dude with an fake eye is paying for thei bail back there." Her finger then pointed towards the two locked up.

"Aaand you two! you are going to be on kitchen duty tonight thats the punishment for causing trouble" She straigtened up as good as a drunk person possibly could and nodded to her self. "yeah and then there is the question if i should give you a share of the goods i bought today"

"Hmm? Oh, right now we're with the post-nontals. Got a camp outside of town." Bill gestured to Derany and carried on; "Derany here was with the two troublemakers on a salvaging/trading mission. Speakin' of which, you get anything good, Derany?"
Bill listened to Derany, before mentioning "We're lookin' fer answers. Why the war went on as long as it did, who was really making the decisions, stuff like that."

Alex gasped a little "Oh no it's Sasha! Wait is she drunk? Phew she's a little nicer when she's drunk." He thought, relaxing when she saw her attempt to stand up straight. "Wait who is the guy with a the fake eye?" he whispered. "Tarnation Miss Sasha are you alright? You look a bit....uh..... woozy?" Alex asked trying not to piss her off anymore than she already was.

Harley Rogue

She looked at the direction she heard a voice from and approached the bars. Yes, it was definitely Sasha, and by the sound of it, not really in shape. Harley chuckled lightly as she leaned on the front bars, waiting for Sasha to appear. "Well, seems to me we're not the only one having fun today." Even thought she really wanted to get out of there, Harley couldn't help but make herself relax and enjoy the show for a little while. When Sasha appeared, it was obvious she was drunk over the top, if there was even such a thing. She laughed lightly as Allder spoke to Sasha. "No ma'm, we keep no wine here at the cells. Are you here to pick them up?" Harley nodded. "Aye, my friend. Believe it or not, she is. Now tell me we're the worst of all." She chuckled once more, before Sasha referred to Alex and her, after she got over her grief for the lack of wine around there.

"AH!! there you are trouble makers. yeah im here to pick em up or well" She proceeded insecurely, tumbling her tongue. "Some dude with an fake eye is paying for thei bail back there." Harley nodded a bit confused. And just as if he read her thoughts, Alex asked, "Wait who is the guy with a the fake eye?" before he expressed his concern for Sasha's condition. Harley replied. "I don't recall anyone having a fake eye." But then again, the woman was drunk, she could have seen Godzilla if she only wanted to. She turned back to Sasha, as she spoke again.
"Aaand you two! you are going to be on kitchen duty tonight thats the punishment for causing trouble" That was good, Harley thought. She indeed expected something worse than just piles of dishes and dirty mops. Nothing wrong with that. She was satisfied.

"yeah and then there is the question if i should give you a share of the goods i bought today" Maybe if they do their job good enough? Even thought Harley kept her own stash from parts of her meals that could be preserved, she had every intention in playing by the rules on this one. She nodded to Sasha and shouted clearly, so Sasha's drunk brain could process the information the right way. "Yes ma'am!" Harley saluted casually, still leaned against the front bars, before she turned to Alex and teased him keeping the straight face and trying to make him worried. "Well soldier, I truly hope your mopping is as good as your fighting skills. Otherwise, we might starve. And you don't wanna starve around here."

Last edited:
Beau raised a brow at their snorts, apparently they thought she was stupid or funny. She studied each, to figure out the answer as they spoke, when Leader's face became very serious she knew she had struck some sort of cord, while Newhic seem to think it was a splendid memory. She would not prod about such a memory. She knew better. She was curious though what had happened, but as long as they were both well.

Beau was happy that Leader spoke his version, wanting to take in as much as she could from the older wiser man. Found in a town of rumble huh? Sounds familiar, but I can't remember. She nodded, seeing the sorrow on his face. She straightened her face and gave him a moment, soaking in all that he had told her. Though she was curious she knew better then to prod where she wasn't needed. When asked about herself she gave a small smile and shrugged.

"That is a very good question. Well, it's been quite the journey. Long story short I'm venturing for something brighter, happier, seemingly with some resemble of the old ways without today's destruction. I walk from town to town trying to find something more. Maybe something to learn about my father more. " Shrugging gently she tapped a finger at her side gently, a twitch of hers. "I wouldn't mind staying for a while and learning for your party. Though I do admit it has been a while since I was last with a group of sorts. But if you ever need water I'm quite skilled at finding some. I'm good at combat, even though I have powers I rarely use them unless needed." She informed him, thinking it smart to know at least what she could bring to his party. Water was always in demand and with her around there was sure to be no lack of it.

Gallast got a blank look on his face as Bill told him what group they belonged to. It wasnt until he was finished talking that he managed to speak up.

"Nontals. You are with the Nontals. Are tear's Nontals." One could see the gears turning in his head as he seemed to collect himself, shrugging out of some bad thoughts.

"Well Bill, I guess that explains why there are a couple of mentals in my town huh? By the way, if you are part of that group, I guess you have some fairly resourceful mentals among you. Im thinking of a guy at the mental institute, a victim of some scientists in his early years, people die around him. And we have none here in town good enough to help. Do you think you could take him with you?" Gallast said with a glimmer of hope in his eyes, any chance to make life better for anyone was a victory for him, and if they could help the kid, they could help a lot more by it. Maybe this ordeal would turn out as something good afterall. *Though, if that mental is with them, maybe I should ask them to leave as soon as possible.* He straightened a little, as if bracing himself.

"Is that, thing, among those here or at your camp, the Impacter. I want him nowhere near this town. At all." His voice gained a little while he talked, and he clenched his hands enough to make them turn white. He had seen what was left when the Nontals crazie was let loose. Nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allder looked a bit questioning at Sasha and the two others, finally shrugging he took out the keys and went to unlock the cells.

"Well, if the paperwork is done and the payment is being completed, I guess there is no reason to keep you here any longer. Sasha was your name eh? Miss Harley and Alex here is all yours." He said with a big smile on his face as he opened the cells and turned towards the happily drunk woman. Maybe he should go and get that drunk as well. Milla's guard duty should be done soon, the guy needed to find someone new. Allder couldnt wait to get drunk and do another try at the pubs newest waitress. A grin showed as he waited for the part time prisoners to leave their bars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morkat chatted with the girl for a few minutes, she didnt know anything about his old buddy, but she was a big help in giving him some directions *Damn memory* She didnt seem to be aware of her abstract powers, but as they didnt seem to cause her any troubles he felt that there would be no harm done in leaving her be. Thanking her for the directions and the talk like any old man talking with a beautiful girl. He headed for the townhall, hoping he could find his friend before the fella died. The guy was around 80 years old. He ignored the fact that he himself was older than that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leader listened to Beau as she gave him a short rundown of her situation, it sounded like most of the members. He smiled knowingly at her mention of making herself useful by finding water. *At least Sasha wont say no* He made a mental note about her not preferring to use her abilities in combat before he started talking again.

"Well, Im not sure about brighter or without destruction, but we sure try to have a good time. We could always help you with that search. And you will fit right in with the rest of the group, and at least one of them will love you if you get some water out. Make yourself at home, I have to get the TW set, there are always some minor hickups after I spar with him." He said nodding back to the big mecha, its gears and joints still humming if one listened intently. He stretched his arms and legs a little before pushing the rewind on the wire, waving at Beau as he got launched back up at his mechas head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.