Mental Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex walked out with the others into the lobby and his jaw dropped at the site of Bill. Alex froze in place and pointed at Bill "Y....Yer Bill Mayhew" Alex had a star struck look on his face. Alex just stood in place for a few seconds processing who was in front of him before running up to him "Oh my God yer Bill Mayhew!" Alex's face lit up, "Yer Bill Mayhew!" Alex grabbed Bill's hand and shook it "Mr. Mayhew I'm one of yer biggest fans! The boys in the mechanics division of the military academy always talked about yer mechanical knowledge and how you put it to use on the battle field back in the war, so I looked into yer work and I have to say I was very impressed, sir!" Alex was as giddy as a school girl. "I can't believe I'm being bailed out by Bill Mayhew!" Alex paused for a moment then face palmed and had a more disgraced tone "I can't believe I'm being BAILED out by Bill Mayhew."

John returned to floating over Alex's shoulder "It's to see you too sir, and you're welcome for the assistance." John sighed.

• Love
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
"Well, I got what we came for..." Derany said bluntly to bill before falling silent again, he listened to the conversations that were going on around him, though he wasn't exactly keen on joining in at the moment... Derany was just about to head down after Sasha to the holding cells when he heard the name "Impacter" pop up in the conversation between Bill and the others... He looked up at Gallast with a worried expression "What does he look like?" he asked in an hushed, but urgent tone... He had a bad feeling about this one, it better not be what he fears it is... How come he hadn't heard of this "Impacter" before... Perhaps he should have done a better job at keeping himself up to date of the current events...

Gallast looked oddly at Derany as the man asked what one in their own group looked like. *Dont they know what the Nontals does apart from gathering information? Or maybe it was dead.* It had been a year or so since any telltale of the nontals had been around.

"I only saw him once maybe 7 years ago on a rescue mission between the neighbor cities for a caravan that was abducted into a bantit city a month or so away. When we arrived you Nontals had already saved them, and were fighting of the remaining bandits who tried to get at the caravan. I think there were maybe six of you. Your leader and his enormous mecha. The right hand, and his clockworks. The survivors of the caravan was guarded by your Flamewisp. But dancing around in the defeat of a whole city full of criminals was your Impacter, I saw him flick a hand in passing behind him and an assault mecha was crushed like a can. Just a brownhaired kid without any armor or potective gear at all." Gallast said it with a haunted look on his face. And his wife stared at him with a concerned expression, he had never stopped having nightmares of somrthing happening in Ahvenhaed, and being forced to watch the Nontals crazie dance through with no regard for friend or foe.
He shrugged himself before continuing, notiing that the greenhorn was greeting Bill like it was the best day of his life.

"Last rapport that came through here about your group was a year ago, with a photo taken from a hill overseeing the aftermatch of a battle between a strikeforce of the True Religion and some mentals, a young boy with brown hair an headphones and his hands stretched out before him standing against the onslaught of heavy fire. The one who took the photo said that she could hear him laughing while his comrades eradicated the fanatics. Days after those Religious bastards began promising even higher rewards for your heads. If you hadnt realised it you Nontals do a whole lot more than gathering information." He finished with a grim expression. He could still remember the gushes of air as the Impacter had destroyed things with the tap of a finger in front of him. While he held great admiration of the nontals and their quest for answers, the expression of glee on that kids face made him remember the state of the world.

Harley Rogue

After the cell was opened, she walked out casually, nodding to Sasha. "Good to see you." Before she followed Alex that seemed rather eager to leave that place and get on with his kitchen duty, she turned to Alleder and shook hands smirking. "Thank you for coping up with our emotional crap. mister Allder. It is much appreciated." She saluted casually, and walked out into the lobby, hoping that Sasha will be able to follow. Once in the lobby, she noticed the entire rescue party coming there, just to bail two of them out. It was quite impressive, but it was even more embarrassing. It wasn't hard for her to notice the unfamiliar face. And as soon as she did, she realised Sasha was correct. Only thing, it wasn't just a fake eye. It had it's purpose.

Even so, she appreciated that veteran soldier coming there for them, although he had no reason for it besides a good deed. She straightened up and saluted dead serious.
"Good day sir." Harley rolled her eyes when Alex ran past her and grabbed old man's hand, that he referred to as Bill Mayhew. It might as well be one of the names her father told her about long ago but it didn't matter she assumed. The only thing that mattered was that Alex made a dumb move. "Mr. Mayhew I'm one of yer biggest fans! The boys in the mechanics division of the military academy always talked about yer mechanical knowledge and how you put it to use on the battle field back in the war, so I looked into yer work and I have to say I was very impressed, sir!"

Harley sighed and rubbed her nose bridge. Cowboy was just too quick on his words. "I can't believe I'm being bailed out by Bill Mayhew!" Yes, neither did she. It was nothing to be excited about. Bailing out was nothing to be proud of, no matter who helped you. And soon, as if he read her thoughts, Alex facepalmed. "I can't believe I'm being BAILED out by Bill Mayhew." She chuckled at his shame and patted his upper back roughly. "Aye, soldier. Don't worry I am sure he goes around bailing greenies all the time. You're good."

Beau nodded to Leader as he spoke. For now she would stay, and help them. Waving to him as he ascended back into the TW, she would then move towards camp. Well it seemed she was on her own now. She took to wandering the forest alittle, not to far from the camp but enough that she was alone. Maybe she would run into someone, though she doubted it. Normally she would have gone into town, but the others would probably be back soon.

Sasha stopped behind Harley. "oh hey Derany when did you arrive?" she then said spotting the silent guy in the room. "find anything?" She walked past the rest and leaned on the reception desk. "oh and i would love if we could get our stuff and get going soon nothing beats some food after getting your self wasted"

The drunk woman then suddenly fiddled with some interesting things on the desk until Julia moved them away from her "half the fun in my opinion" she then stated realising her sentence had not been finished.

Derany sighed in relief realizing realizing this "impacter" wasn't who he thought he was... Though that didn't stop that particular nontal from worrying him... He nodded after listening to Gallast before Sasha came in. He was a little surprised when Sasha spoke to him directly but he secretly was a little glad Sasha showed up, he could hand her the pipe now... Though he noticed she was drunk, and he wondered if it was a good idea to hand her the pipe at the moment... She seemed capable of handling herself, but her words were a little slurred, after a few moments of pondering he spoke "Yeah... I did find something..." He pulled out the pipe that he had been carrying from that maintenance tunnel and held it out to her. It was a good thing it was where he remembered it, though he still regretted not being able to stop the fight between Harley and Alex in time... He figured that particular incident will be a source of his guilt for a while...

Last edited:
Gallast's report of the nontals made Bill frown. he had to admit he had had some reservations about the operation, but hearing an old friend handle them with such care (even if it was tentative) was just the thing to get Bill worried. "I'll have look at the asylum, Gall. You can count on it." Bill said, appreciating Gallast entrusting as volatile a thing as a mental patient to him, but as Gallast went on Bill paused, rubbing his bristly chin, "As fer the Impacter, I've had no word on him coming in." Bill left out the fact that he had no idea who or what this 'Impacter' was, but Bill made a mental note to find out what it was and keep an eye on it. "Tell you the truth I've only been riding with the nontals a short while, Gal, I-" Bill was interrupted by a young man hurrying up beside him and beginning to chatter away, an odd, cowboy-like twang to his voice and an odd, cowboy-like twang to his personality. "Oh my God yer Bill Mayhew!" Bill paused, looking at the fella grabbing his hand and shaking it energetically, Bill paused and evaluated the boy; "Uh, good ta meet ya?" There came a hail of repeated "Yer Bill Mayhew!"-s, and Bill broke into a half humorous, half bashful grin; "Uh, yeah, I suppose I am, bud. Don't wear it out. No need ta be so star struck there, bud." "Mr. Mayhew I'm one of yer biggest fans! The boys in the mechanics division of the military academy always talked about yer mechanical knowledge and how you put it to use on the battlefield back in the war, so I looked into yer work and I have to say I was very impressed, sir!" Bill did a double-take and paused. He had been kicked out of the army for trying to broker peace with the mentals, and he had been sure the brass had tried to sully his name afterward to make an example. "Yeah, well that was a long time ago, son." Bill rubbed his beard, and had a moment of clarity; engineers don't generally take much stock in politics -Lord knows Bill had initially avoided it like the plague- and supposing his old comrades had spread the word about him? Perhaps preferring to remember him as the guy that worked for numerous breakthroughs in battle-armor and it's supporting systems? It was certainly something the soldiers remembered. Progress in the stuff keeping you alive had the habit of sticking in your brain, and Bill still remembered the gratitude he had received after inventing a padding system that prevented crotch-chafing in a certain polycarbide model- the soldiers didn't forget that one in a hurry.
Bill came out of his reverie with a smile on his face, but modesty took over and he replied; "Thanks, that means a lot, but I wasn't all that special. just implimentin' the stuff my squaddies were thinkin' up and tryin' to keep my friends alive." Bill paused, a stray hand still brushing his beard. His gaze shifted to Harley as she greeted him in a business-like tone. "nobody calls me sir anymore. ma'am. Call me Bill." Bill paused as the kid noticed his situation and massaged his face in shame, his partner in crime(literally) trying to console him. Bill nodded, looking at the two bail-ees a little more seriously, and began gravely admonish them; "I want to know how you two got thrown in prison for disturbing the peace not an hour after arriving. That's gotta be some kind of record." BIll narrowed his eyes and said "in my day you'd be lucky if you were put on lavatory cleaning duty fer a year for something like this." Bill paused a beat, letting the chewing-out sink in, before breaking into a little grin, "Lucky fer you this isn't those days, an' It'll be Hawtiar who decides what to do with yer, so consider yerselves lucky. What are yer names?"

The quiet kid spoke up, Derany , ever astute, mentioning that they had got what they had come for, before asking about the Impacter. Bill paused, his eyes flickering to Gallast as the guard seemed to shiver and began to regale them with his last experience with the nontals.
As the story went on, Bill became stony, unreadable. He seemed to look tired, older, somehow.
This was the kind of news he had been dreading. It was obviously that kid, Newhicks.
Someone like that... That powerful, that uncontrolled...
The last time he had heard about someone like that, he had been tasked with killing them.

Bill turned, walking towards the door and taking a cigarette out of the pack in his jeans. "You've given me a lot to think about, Gallast. Thank ya." Bill paused at the door and turned a little, shooting a nod of sincere gratitude back at the cop. there was nothing he hated more than going in blind. These nontals were going to have to answer a few questions back at camp.
But that was for another time. Right now, he had a favour to return. "I'll go and have a look at that mental patient, Gallast. This wasteland has way too many madmen, it'll be nice to try and help one." Bill looked to the rest of the nontals in the station "The rest of yer, I could use a hand. mabel has more than enough room for all of us, and this mental sounds a little, well..." Bill refrained from using the word 'mental' in it's other context.
Bill paused a moment as Sasha mentioned about getting something to eat while she was drunk; "And fer goodness' sakes, Sasha, act yer age."

with that, the door of the police station swung open, and Bill walked out into the dry evening air, the door swinging shut behind him. He lit up, and Bill heard the quiet fizzle as he looked up at the orange-blue sky, taking a deep, pensive drag.
The sun was on it's way down.

Bill walked to Mabel, the large RV creaking slightly in a listless evening breeze. Bill fished his keys out of his pocket and went to get into the RV.

• Love
Alex followed Bill out to the RV "I'm Alex Roko sir err Mr. Mayhew Uh I mean Bill!" Alex marveled at the RV and his eyes went wide "John....are we in heaven or are we really going to get to ride with Bill, in his RV, and help him with a mission! Hooooooowe! I'm more excited than a jack rabbit in June!"

"Do try and contain your excitement sir you're embarrassing yourself in front of Harley" John said in smarmy tone.

Alex pulled Harley to his side "Harley I reckon this is gonna be one heck of an adventure!" Alex basically tossed Harley into the RV with a HUGE grin on his face.
Then Alex ran into the RV and sat down on the sofa that was built into wall, and patted the seat next him motioning for Harley to sit next to him "Come on now partners in crime have to stick together." Alex had a goofy grin on his face.

John looked at the dazed Harley "Sir do you think it was wise for you to toss her into the RV?" John said concerned for Alex's safety.

Last edited:
Derany nodded... He had a feeling he might find the answers he was looking for on this particular journey... Thinking quickly, he thrust the pipe he was carrying into Sasha's hands end stepped into the RV realizing the only other spot available to sit on was the couch that was facing Harley and Alex... "Well.... This ride's gonna be awkward as hell.." Derany thought to himself as Alex seemed a little too enthusiastic about the entire situation, and he's unwittingly tossed Harley into the van without her approval... "I guess he does that alot... Hopefully this won't end badly..." He thought worriedly, taking note that Alex's AI seemed to think the same...

Harley Rogue

"Nobody calls me sir anymore. ma'am. Call me Bill." Harley got back to her straightened soldier stand and nodded, smirking lightly. "If that's what you want si---" She bit her tongue and cleared her throat. It was quite awkward to refer to him with his first name. But it was what he insisted on. "...Bill. But you might as well call me Harley. Harley Rogue." She sighed and frowned a bit when Bill asked about the incident. "Let us just say the greeny was greeny and I reacted the way the experience fighter should never react. I do apologise. I was prepared for any punishment for this, no questions asked." Turning to look at Derany, she was thrilled he managed to find the pipe, and she was as thankful as she could possibly be.
"The rest of yer, I could use a hand. mabel has more than enough room for all of us, and this mental sounds a little, well..." Harley nodded with no hesitation. It was both; the way for her to make it up and to do something useful. "Certainly."

Harley sighed once more as Alex yelled around overly excited.
"Do try and contain your excitement sir you're embarrassing yourself in front of Harley" John said and Harley chuckled, patting John's metal body. "John, I do believe I am the last person he should be worried about when making a fool out of himself. Look around you." She referred to all other people that witnessed his foolishness. It was just a moment of peace she had, before Alex grabbed her. "H-HEY! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Harley I reckon this is gonna be one heck of an adventure!" She growled lightly, clenching her fists. "Oh, it will be an adventure alright!" But before she could react, Alex threw her into the RV as a sack and she jumped off the seat, getting back to sitting position and rubbing her head. "Damn it..." And even though even the AI knew how foolish it was, Alex dared to speak to her. "Come on now partners in crime have to stick together." After surpassing her primal anger, Harley relaxed and smirked mischievously towards Alex. "Why certainly, soldier. I would love to." Calmly, she sat beside him poking his biceps playfully. "Hey you, I have an idea...Why don't we play a game? It is called Poke the ASS!" With that, she used a bit of her power, focusing pressure on her index finger that released the energy when she poked Alex a bit harder. He was quite big, but the force of the pressurised impact, kicked him straight out of the RV.

Harley smirked and leaned out of the RV, referring to John.
"Johnny boy, make sure he runs fast enough." She sat back comfortably, rubbing her templates. "Please, drive as fast as you can." She joked and laughed lightly. Greeny had it coming and it was just too tempting. She liked the soldier already, he had guts. But there were things that he simply had to learn.

Alex got back up rubbing his arm "That was one heck of a bee sting Harley!" Alex called back then muttered a few swear words under his breath. "This girl is something else....... but I don't know if I can fully trust her, but this feeling. Well maybe I could just you know play around with her? Yeah flirt a little bit no harm no foul in that right? Just gotta make it smoooooooth." Alex smirked and climbed back into the RV. He returned to the seat next to Harley, did a huge yawn, stretched his arms out, and let one fall behind Harley's back "Yeah smooooooth." Alex tired to play it off by turning his attention to Derany "So partner was that pipe easy enough to get?" a smile on his face.

John rolled his eye and hovered up to where Bill was "Sir my initial scan showed a rather large stock pile of machinery in the back of the vehicle (Inquiry) what is it?" John seemed interested.

Bill opened up the door and heaved himself up into the RV. Harley, Alex and Derany were the first to hop in, and took no time in starting to begin their tomfoolery; "Alright you lot, less of that. I want you all on your best behaviour whilst you're aboard mabel. that means no power usage please, Harley." Bill looked at the young woman, his face set in a stern expression.
The little AI piped up, and Bill raised a bushy eyebrow to his question. "Oh, that heap-a-junk?" Bill grinned; "Jus' a little project or two."
Bill opened the driver side window as he finished his cigarette, and flicked the but out of it.
"Is everyone on board that wants to be?"

Harley Rogue

"That was one heck of a bee sting Harley!" Alex said and cursed a few big ones before he got back into the RV. Harley crossed her arms and legs to occupy as less space as she could. "Yes well, I would say it was a hornet, soldier. But bee is just fine as well." She paid attention to Bill when he spoke. "Alright you lot, less of that. I want you all on your best behaviour whilst you're aboard mabel. that means no power usage please, Harley." Harley nodded. "Sure thing, Bill." She could tell how much that RV meant to the old boy. Indeed she respected that. But there was something...read: someone, that made it so bloody hard for her.

And that someone just happened to use the oldest trick in the book to hit on her. Not even her last hit made him angry enough to just give up. Harley sighed lightly, somewhat annoyed but unwilling to react after Bill's request. She seemingly ignored the position of Alex's arm. All and all she really didn't care that much. But she didn't mind either. Even though she kept her frowned, lightly pouted face, there was barely visible blush on it. Mentally scolding herself for giving any meaning to that idiotic move of his, she leaned to the front and spoke to Bill. Anything to ignore her own insecurity.
"Hey, this mental you were talking about... Seems like an interesting one. Any information about abilities for us?"

Sasha looked at the pipe for a moment as the rest headed for the vehicle. Then she smiled it was perfect. Humming to her self. She said her goodbyes to the people in there hugging Julia at the desk. And then went outside. First grabbing the stuff she had gotten her hands on. A large bag and two crates. Heaving that up over her shoulders she then walked of. Soon catching up the rest. Just noticing as Alex climbed in.
"oh looks like there is plenty of space here" She said and dumped her stuff into the RV. Seeing the suspension do it's work. She got in. "last one aboard i would say" she spoke up and sat down next to derany.

Alex and Harley getting her attention. With a drunk grin she chuckled. "Boy you look like a virgin at prom night Alex." She then looked at her stuff silently as if she had forgotten something. "hm which one holds the liquor again im thirsty"

Alex blushed "Gosh miss Sasha why ya gotta say it like that?" Alex retracted his arm and folded it into the other one. "Ouch my pride." Alex thought to himself. Though Alex saw Harley blush and smiled.

Derany sighed a little... He could tell Alex was a little... Into Harley, and to be quite honest, he might have a small crush on her too, realizing he was letting his thoughts drift a little he pushed those feelings aside, there was no room for his own personal issues right now... As Alex asked him about the difficulty of obtaining the pipe he answered quite simply "It was simple.." He said, his voice as quiet as always, he smiled a little at Sashas drunken remark "Hopefully she'll snap out of her stupor soon enough.." He thought to himself, his mind began to drift back into the entire "crush" situation... Realizing his thoughts were about to drift off into directions he'd rather them not, he focused his mind on the mission while those other thoughts continued to nag at the back of his mind..

Morkat had a stern expression on him when he finally got out of the townhall. His friend had died the day before, without anyone with him. The nurses at the old peoples home he had been living in had found him that morning, laying in his bed. Morkat was on his way there, cursing his own lateness. There werent many from his 'youth' still around, and he had looked forward to a chat. Wiping a tear out of his eye he continued walking for the old peoples home. As there were no next of kin around he would get what little belongings were left.

Some minutes later he was about to cross the street to the home, when Bills RV came rolling along. The old man straightened himself, couldnt have the kids see him down in the gutter with his worries. Setting his gearbox down on the ground behind him he pushed the attention-signal of the radio-com, it would make Bills own call upon his position. Waving he stepped out of the way so he could adress Bill through a rolled down window.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Newhics was dancing around between the trees of the little forest, his fingers beating a steady rythm for the music he felt inside. Every beat they made caused a gust of air to ripple away from it, brushing the leaves and branches around him. He didnt seem to notice, and every leaf that singled down on him was pushed away inches from his skin. His dance carried him round and round, leaving an area of clear swiped ground around him. Not noticing that Beau was walking around only some trees away. Everything in his mind was the nonexistent music he still harbored from when his life hadnt been torn apart. Tears on his cheeks while his face was split in an expression of utter abandoned glee. His fingers striking harder impacts, the air gaining weight around him.
Newhics spun without any apparent end in sight, it was the price he paid for control.

Last edited:
"Last one aboard I would say" came Sasha's voice.
Bill ushered his beloved vehicle into life, reaching into the glove box and taking out a small orange cylinder, popping the lid off as he frowned at Sasha's drunken muttering. something about booze? "I don't want you drinking in mabel, Sasha." Bill knocked his RV into gear, before thumbing a pill into his mouth.
there was a muffled crunch, and a little sigh of disgust.
Getting old sucks.

"Next stop, crazyland. Kiddos and Sasha, I'm gonna need you all to stick with me until I can find out something about this mental we're going to collar. there's probably going to be-" Bill saw Morkat, hearing a crackle from his radio and rolled Mabel to a stop "-hold that thought" he said to the gang as he rolled down his window "Evenin' old man! How the bloody hell are you?" Bill laughed and leant on the windowsill.
"We're off to an asylum at the edge of town. 'parently there's a fairly strong mental there who got experimented on during the war. Gonna see if we can't do anythin' for him, maybe take him offa the good people's hands."

Sasha leaned towards a box after some thinking, when Bill sudenly decided to slow down and stop. As drunk as she was it sent her stumbling; leaning right over derany pushing her chest at his face.
"oh woops sorry there derany that one is on the house"
she said and laughed before sitting down again. Then remembering that she had a back up.

Clumsily fumbling with the zipper the drunk woman opened up to show her cleavage; where she proceeded to put down her hand and fish up a small pocket-flask. Tasting the strong content she nodded to her self and raised her voice.
"Hey Morkat is that you? Guess what....i found a good store selling some reeeealy nice drinks in this town."
Having said that she raised the small flask towards the rest of the people in a silent gesture in case someone else wanted to taste.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.