Mental Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome the the thread, Ritual Lobotomy. What do people call you when you aren't a medical atrocity?
Feel free to call me Pig, everyone else does.
Harley looks fun.
And I like your avatar! "How do you know I'm mad?" "You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here."

Hey Pig, and tnx. You can call me Lobo.

Yes well, we all have that mad little part of us. Some are just either crazy or brave enough to let it out ;)

I like this entire idea. Should be awesome.

• Sweet
Reactions: Nemopedia
Hahaha....Crazy? never not jack....not in the slightest he is totally down to earth and knows what's he talking about! (yeah right!) can't wait to rp with you guys! =)

Last edited:
Cool, water based powers. I guess her achillies heel is her eyes though huh? if someone covered her eyes she wouldn't be able to use her powers.
Also, welcome to the RP, is Beau going to be starting with the group contacted by the post-nontals? Because if so Bill is her ride. Hope she likes armored RVs!

>_<sorry I missed your post.
Yeah I prefer fire power so I thought I would give water a shot instead. Pretty much. Blindfold anyone? Though she could still tap water from a stream under ground. Oh maybe she gets kidnapped!? Anywho. No, she is just a wandering fool, trying to survive on her own. I doubt she would even know what the post-natels are.

Then where is she at the moment o.O
Maybe she walks into their random little camp, (that mecha can be seen from quite a distance).

-Has a determination to actually keep up in this group, since the others are just too much for her anxiety.-

I haven't done my character yet, Have I?
x.x;

No @SilentScreamer ;)
I am waiting patiently ^^
And I hope you guys treat eachother nicely... especially you silvir (keep in line and no mutiny soldier )

Name:
Veronyka Kiz {Pronounced 'Kiss' }

Nickname: N/A

Appearance:

Her hair should be a lighter brown and her eyes are blue with gold rims. I'm just currently incapable of editing it. *coughschoolcough*

Equipment:
For her top, she wears a black tank top, or any black shirt, sometimes a dark gray and with the weather changing, she will occasionally wear a cyan hoodie that goes over her thumb to accommodate her nervousness.
For her bottoms, she'd normally wear tight jeans, but not too tight so that she can't move. It doesn't matter for the color, merely how it feels on her.
For her shoes, she really doesn't care as long as she can run in them and use them for a long period of time. So either combat boots or a sturdy pair of shoes.

Weapons:
Veronyka doesn't usually enjoy using weapons, but if she has to, she'll find just about any object and use it to her advantage.

Normal/Mental/Cyborg/AI/Ppp-user:
Mental

Level of mental training:
She is an advanced level, but in an odd way. Her mind will think of it and it will be conjured up later. Kind of like a video game lag.

Powers:
Veronyka has the astral abilities, but it's oddly delayed. She will think of something one day, and the next day or so, it will appear. Sometimes even weeks. The external ability isn't even recognized by her, she merely sees it as a coincidence, but it's only in her known areas. It's never been anywhere she hasn't already been or seen before, so it's seemingly logical.

First usage of abilities:
The first time she used her abilities was around the age of 10, she thought of a kitten plate to eat on and a few weeks later, she found one out on the sidewalk, but someone had kicked it and it cracked. Saddened by the fact that she hadn't gotten to it before it had been kicked, she left it there and figured nothing of it-- merely a coincidence.

Visualization of medium:
Usually, when these 'coincidences' happen, Veronyka finds herself pondering deeply on something. Like, how a bicycle is put together and made and how she would design it and everything. And then, a day or so later, she'll see it somewhere she goes often, like the pizza shop. But, she won't take it because she still has a decent sense of courtesy.

Bio:
Veronyka was a battle born child. A woman raped within the war to a man she could not even see. Whether he was a Mental or not, she didn't know. But, her religious belief led her to harbor the baby until it was birthed, then release it to a home where it would be taken care of. Even through the war, Veronyka wasn't told much of anything of the outside world until she was older. Her eyes were opened and the stories flooded her mind, and caused her minor emotional distress.

As the days passed and whatnot, she found herself questioning... Questioning what? Everything possible. The current situation. The world around her. It just didn't seem... right.

Personality:
Veronyka is a sweet girl who's entirely capable of handling herself. She can go from sweet to a hard ass within seconds and doesn't mind going in for the kill. Her anger isn't necessarily the cutest thing, but she will stand up for what she needs. She's honest when she needs to be and knows when to tell that little white lie. But now a days, that's harder than telling the truth.

View of the situation:
"It's sickening. To be honest."

Okay, I'm in school now, but Imma edit it when I have my free periods and finish it then. I just don't want it to get lost and have to re-delete everything.

Is that alright?

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem at all ^^
I know how annoying it is to have my char-sheets disappear before I am done with them *Newhics* xD

(Hey still have room for one more?..... A newbie perhaps?.....Please?)

Name: Alexander Roko

Nickname: Cleaver

Appearance: Alex is a tall lanky young man reaching about 5'10". Fair skinned, has black framed glasses, spiky blonde hair, and has a cybernetic enhancement in his left arm.

Equipment: As for what he is wearing/has on him: Alex like to go with the whole ancient cowboy look told about in the legends, so he is wearing nice think jeans, steel towed cow boy boots, a regular shirt, and a duster coat.

Other items of importance are: a silver heart shaped necklace his mother gave him

A standard issue military anti- mind reading helmet, you know to keep them from reading you like a book.

A lead laced bandanna for when the helmet gets uncomfortable or the situation just doesn't call for it (basically the helmet but has a lesser effect).

And most important his small hovering AI friend which he named John. John is a small egg shaped navigation/ scouting AI that Alex picked up from his military days. John is capable of advanced thought and considers Alex to be a friend. However, the two tend to argue a lot.

Weapons: Alex carries a huge, and very heavy experimental broadsword on his back. The sword is large enough to act as a small shield if needed. This blade was forged from an experimental metal that was being developed during the war, and is considered an upgrade from the normal weapons that are mental proof. This metal could not be effected by mentals due to it being made up of ore not found on this planet. The blade was forged from many different ores found in different meteorites that crashed into the planet. (Windstorm I'm really hoping you are okay with this idea, I just want my character to have some kind of edge over the mantels, because he's a normal and has no training to fight off abstract thoughts.) He also carries a Smith and Wesson 500 Magnum with him.

Normal/Mental/Cyborg/AI/Ppp-user: Normal, with a left arm cybernetic implant that increases his lifting and strength capability.

Level of mental training: Normal Human. The only line of defense he has against mental thoughts is the lead laced bandanna and the amount of shielding it gives is dependent on how advanced the mental is.

Powers: NA

First usage of abilities: NA

Visualization of medium: NA

Bio: Alex was born after the war and took part in the false wars. His father was a very high ranking scientist that worked for a company called Cy-Tech Labs (Which was bought out by Psychonetics once the real war was over) , the leading force in the cybernetics division of the war. His mother was a squad captain and a damn good one at that, she taught him how to fight effectively against the mentals. Around 12 years old Alex's left arm started to become more and more weak turns out he had degenerative muscle disease. However, thanks to his father, and his status at Cy-Tech, he would receive a cybernetic implant. Once Alex turned 18 he joined his mother in the fight against the mentals in the the false wars, but it never felt right taking the life of another, not matter how many times his mother gave him the "Its for a greater good" speech. Around 21 years old Alex's mother was killed in battle by a mental, torn to shreds right in front of his very eyes. After his mother died Alex left the war scene and became a roaming warrior for hire. Before he left Alex's father gave him his broadsword, claiming it was experimental and needed field testing, Alex smiled and hugged his father good bye. Alex joined up with the Post-nontals because he thought their cause was noble and just. Secretly though Alex wants to know who exactly fueled the war and the false wars. He wanted to know their motives behind such a horrible act, but most of all he wanted to know who killed his mother.

Personality: Alex is generally a pretty happy go lucky guy, however Alex acts very uneasy around mentals due to his past. Alex doesn't out right hate them, he doesn't really out right hate anyone, but he doesn't feel like he can trust them. Alex will always go out of his way to help anyone he can even if it means putting his life on the line.

View of the situation: Alex just wants the fighting to be over. After being a soldier for so long the whole fighting thing kind of gets old. Once Alex is done seeing the world he plans of getting into a Utopia so he can finally be rid of the war. Alex's parents had a very split very on the war. His father was very against war claiming "I've seen so many innocent victims come through the lab that it makes me sick. We should be living in an age where we don't need to fight." where as his mother was pro war "Those damn mentals are a bunch of abominations! Alex never trust a mental." Because of this Alex tends to think killing in general is wrong, but protecting the innocent is worth taking a life.

Last edited:
I figured she be hidding out in town. Quiet possibly. She's on a misson to find some place less depressing.

Haha no worries -Thinks up strange and wonderful scenarios to put people in-

Hey do you guys know if there is still room in the RP? I would really like to join...... I guess thats why I made a character XD.

Christ, so many new people all of a sudden!
Welcome @SilentScreamer , Veronyka has a bit of a tragic background, huh? Seems to have a good head on her shoulders though.
welcome @Tone 6th , Cleaver's gonna cleave some fools with his meteoric Broadsword, huh? Sounds cool! I'd probably change "devolved" to "developed" though.

Get ready for a world of mind bullets, bandits and salvaged tech!
I'm gonna go post.

@Tone 6th I would be glad to have another normal here ^^

Now then, the battles your char presumably fought in would have been the end and after matches of the false-wars raging everywhere for some kind of control. (as the real war ended thirty years ago).

Lead as protection... well, abstract powers would be less likely to penetrate. But there were actual protection manufactured, the most common a battle-suit like the one that @PigIron s character Bill has.

That ai of yours is ok, they were manufactured during the war as detection-units for soldiers that were fighting mentals (I had a bit of a laugh as you wrote mantals and other versions of it xD )

That sword, there were successful materials made that was hard for mentals to affect, those having abilities concerning any control over the objects. I can approve of your chars father getting hold of special materials even better at it.

Cybernetics are ok, they are an integrated part of society of the after-war world. For those able to afford it or find parts/leftovers from the war. This Cy-Tech, I guess Ill integrate it, as one of the companies that survived the real war. They are to be a part of Psychonetics.

--------------------------------------------

@SilentScreamer

Level of mental training; it is simply a classification, is she using her own life-force (simple mental) or is she using a mental image to fuel it (advanced)

Astral abilities govern real illusions, making them gain substance as one fuel them. They will disappear when they arent fueled anymore.

And is she in the Ahvenhade at the moment, or with the nontal group ;)

Post's done. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism / Spelling and grammar notes you guys have.
I try to keep my posts perfect but If you guys see anything let me know.
Also, Do you have skype? A lot of us have been chatting in skype.
Message me here with your skype name and I'll add you.

Your post is ok @PigIron or I am simply tired to notice any problems ;)

@Tone 6th please fix the cs, and regarding your post; the group went together from the camp earlier on that day. It is something like ten miles so your char would be a bit tired if he had to run to reach them because of him oversleeping ;) And I hope you realise that the nontals are both normals and mentals ?
They dont really need a bodyguard (at least not anyone on the mission xD)

Tip for your future roleplaying:
Don't post before your char has been accepted. Some GMs do not take kindly to that.

Oh! I'm very sorry I thought I was accepted. My mistake for misunderstanding. So you want me to change why my char is with the nontals then? Forgive me I'm new at this ^^''.

Status
Not open for further replies.