Massive High-Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
That definitely was not there when I read that post. Such ninja edit.

...Noooo I'm pretty sure it was there when I posted it. :P

How 'technical' could one get with magic? I mean I'm pretty sure bloodbending would go in the OP-realm, but say bloodtransfusion through magic or diluting and splitting a poison from the bloodstream? Likewise. Could you manipulate moisture in the air to fuck with temperature and wind currents? Could a fire-user fuck with wind and water currents by applying or subtracting heat? Or accelerate stuff to create kinetic energy?

And how eh... 'Realistic?' For example, say you have a sword-minded aquan, could they draw moisture from the air to form clouds to ride on despite clouds not being solid?

Also inB4 yes that all is totally part of character concepts. No promises on joining just yet, but I am playing with the idea.

How 'technical' could one get with magic? I mean I'm pretty sure bloodbending would go in the OP-realm, but say bloodtransfusion through magic or diluting and splitting a poison from the bloodstream? Likewise. Could you manipulate moisture in the air to fuck with temperature and wind currents? Could a fire-user fuck with wind and water currents by applying or subtracting heat? Or accelerate stuff to create kinetic energy?
Hmm. I'd say that's all a bit too technical to do with raw magic (unless you're a very experienced user), but it would be a lot more plausible through spellcasting (not sure if you've read the blog post on magic yet -- I would recommend it if you haven't).

And how eh... 'Realistic?' For example, say you have a sword-minded aquan, could they draw moisture from the air to form clouds to ride on despite clouds not being solid?
I wouldn't say riding on clouds is possible though.

I missed so much. I need to catch up and read everything after work!D:= sorry Senpai! Still interested I swear

Reactions: Kagayours
Just wanted to give you guys the heads up and point out that I changed my username.

Don't freak out...

I don't change usernames often. This is literally the first time I've changed my username since I signed up for Iwaku, and I've been here for about two and a half years (technically). You can trust that I won't go around changing it anytime soon. Usernames are a Serious CommitmentTM​ for me.

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up and point out that I changed my username.

Don't freak out...

I don't change usernames often. This is literally the first time I've changed my username since I signed up for Iwaku, and I've been here for about two and a half years (technically). You can trust that I won't go around changing it anytime soon. Usernames are a Serious CommitmentTM​ for me.
Who're you? Did you wanna join the RP? It's shaping up to be pretty interesting.

Hey, I've been browsing/lurking Iwaku for a while now and your WIP was the first thing to catch my eye. I was wondering if you would like some help constructing your list of magical beasts. I'd love to chip in on this big endeavour, no matter how small a role I might play.

(I know it's your roleplay and everything is your decision, but it'd be cool to be able to discuss ideas for a while)

Hey, I've been browsing/lurking Iwaku for a while now and your WIP was the first thing to catch my eye. I was wondering if you would like some help constructing your list of magical beasts. I'd love to chip in on this big endeavour, no matter how small a role I might play.

(I know it's your roleplay and everything is your decision, but it'd be cool to be able to discuss ideas for a while)
Hmm, yeah, that'd be nice! I'm kind of focused on churning out the OOC for now, though, since it'll still be huge, even after taking out chunks of info for the blog posts. @_@ But uh, yeah, you can shoot me a PM if you want to discuss things. It just won't be my top priority for a while.

Progress report!!

@Edward @Minerva @Rax Rosetta @Luma @Ichigo @Rithas @AquaTheLita @Neobullseye @Eruantien @Winter @WhisperingWillows @kimsim12 @Kestrel @Honor-Sama @FluffleButter

I still have a ton left to do, but I've been kind of eager to reach a point where I felt justified in posting a progress report, since I sort of feel the need to convey just how much there is to be done and how big this OOC really is. O_O

I'm going to list the things that I have done, and the things I have not done. Bear in mind that the things I "have done" basically means that I've got the bulk of the info written up, and, minus some formatting that needs to be added in, it essentially looks the same as it will in the finished OOC. Things I "have not done" means that I simply haven't written these parts out all fancy-like yet. But, in the case of most things on the to-do list, I already have a fair amount of notes to work off of -- it's all just a matter of putting it together. Admittedly there are a few things left that I really still need to do some more brainstorming on, but, it would be too much of a hassle to divide everything into further categories like that just for the sake of a progress report. I'm only going over all this to give you some context as to what these categories even mean.

THINGS I HAVE COMPLETED:
  • A general introduction to "alignments" (persuasions, elements, zodiac signs) and how all that works, along with detailed information on each persuasion, and how elements work and how elements/persuasions work in tandem with each other. Spoiler alert: it's way more detailed than the little blurb in this interest check.
  • An entire section dedicated to astrology, complete with a little blurb for each of the 12 signs.
  • A very detailed description of the physiology of Terrans and Avians
  • Some info about religion in terms of how it influences human culture.
  • A blurb about demi-human culture in general, and the reasons why describing culture like this is complicated.
  • A detailed description of Terran culture.
  • A note about the "human-centric" culture of Altera, and the impact it has on other races.
  • A description of humancentrism(?)'s impact on Terrans.
Approximate length of raw text thus far: 11.5 pages (11pt font, single spaced)

THINGS I HAVE YET TO COMPLETE:
  • A general introduction to the RP as a whole (Where do I even start...?)
  • Detailed descriptions of Aquan and Pyran physiology.
  • A map of Altera
  • Some general info about geography and possibly some political stuff
  • Info about the "starting town" for the RP, as I'm calling it for now.
  • LOTS more info about human culture and the setting of Altera as a whole, such as technology levels, commerce, jobs and education, etc.
  • Detailed descriptions on Avian, Pyran, and Aquan culture.
  • Descriptions of how Avians, Pyrans, and Aquans are impacted by human-centric culture
  • Info on the "starting plot" and things to look forward to in this RP.
  • General OOC stuff (CS template, rules list, disclaimers/warnings, etc)
Hmm. Typing it all out here, the "to-do" list isn't quite as long as I thought it would be. Perhaps because the to-do list I'm keeping off-site is more detailed and more thoroughly divided into sub-categories, making it clear just how large some of those sections are...

Still, hopefully this gives you guys a better idea of where we are currently. ^^

I'm very eager to start this roleplay, let me know when you need me to format the accordion tabs for your information so that they match the div box. :D

Your "much later" is coming much faster than anticipated. At this rate we might see the OOC by the end of June. Keep at it and thanks for the dedication.

• Love
Looking good, Can't wait till the OOC starts!

I'm so excited! I just know that an rp that takes so long to get ready just for the ooc is an rp that will be amazing. I can just tell that it is going to be amazing by how much effort is being put into it.

• Love
Well I'm back! I have a permanent cast on, so I can type for short periods of time. :)

@Edward @Minerva @Rax Rosetta @Luma @Ichigo @Rithas @AquaTheLita @Neobullseye @Eruantien @Winter @WhisperingWillows @kimsim12 @Kestrel @Honor-Sama @FluffleButter

!! Progress!! Let's talk about it!!

Here's what I've been able to add since the last update:
  • A detailed description of Aquan physiology
  • A map!! Sort of. It's not quite finished yet, but I have most of a map completed. I'm also now considering making the map (and all the written info that goes along with it) into a blog post, mostly so that the map has some room to itself and isn't crowded in by fancy formatting. ^^"
  • The capital city has a name!! Tarocchi!! It is the only city with a name thus far.
  • Added a TON of stuff about human culture and the setting as a whole, including:
    • The main holidays celebrated in Altera
    • General stuff about the technology level in Altera
    • Commerce!! Currency! Things you can buy!!
    • Education!!
    • Gender roooolllleessss....!!! *froths at the mouth*
    • Miscellaneous blurbs that I haven't organized into proper categories yet
  • Info about how Avians are impacted by human-centric culture
Total length of raw text: 16.5 pages (still 11pt font, single spaced)

STILL ON THE AGENDA:
  • General intro
  • Description of Pyran physiology
  • Finishing the map (both in terms of physically finishing coloring it and all that, and figuring out remaining details, such as the locations of major cities and things)
  • Talking about the map
  • Possibly posting the map as a blog post
  • Detailed descriptions of the culture of Aquans, Pyrans, and Avians
  • Organizing the section on human culture better (because it's kind of a mess right now)
  • Marginalization/impact of human-centrism/I-don't-know-what-I'm-calling-this-section-anymore on Pyrans and Aquans
  • Info on the starting town
  • Info on the starting plot
  • General OOC stuff
  • And, of course, making my final edits, organizing all the info, etc.

As a side note, I would like to mention that stereotypical 'Tumblr culture' (and, by extension, people making fun of Tumblr culture) made me temporarily forget that 'patriarchy' does not need to be spelled with an uppercase P.

I think I should also mention that @FluffleButter suggested a good number of ideas for more magical creatures, meaning that I will probably make a 'Magical Beasts (vol 2)' blog post... eventually. Probably not until after the OOC, though, seeing as how that's what I really want to finish first.

Omg gender roles. *pukes* Will you take in the needs of those who are pangenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.