Massive High-Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm. Yeah. I suppose there could be more specialized uses of the elements. It could be a more lesser-used and more difficult form of raw magic, I suppose.
Yeah that's the idea I was going for. But again, I forgot to finish my sentence.

Yeah that's the idea I was going for. But again, I forgot to finish my sentence.
^^" There are responses to the rest of your questions on the previous page, in case you missed that.

Eh... I don't really see any of those sub-elements as matching up very well in the first place. :/ Fire has much more to do with energy than death. And, if anything, I suppose air would relate to death the best if we're tying it all back to Corvenus. And earth I certainly don't see as dark at all. I'm not even really sure where that came from. :/
And just to clarify where I was coming from, life tends to need water to survive, fire tends to be destruction which can equal death, earth i was thinking the physical earth, so like being underground where it might be darker, and air is up in the sky which would be lighter.

And just to clarify where I was coming from, life tends to need water to survive, fire tends to be destruction which can equal death, earth i was thinking the physical earth, so like being underground where it might be darker, and air is up in the sky which would be lighter.
Mmm. Yeah, the water one makes sense, but I would still associate earth much more strongly with life any day. Fire can be destructive but the main thing about it is the energy and vigor of it, so associating it with death just seems a bit... off. And the last two just seem like too much of a stretch overall. :/ Sorry.

Mmm. Yeah, the water one makes sense, but I would still associate earth much more strongly with life any day. Fire can be destructive but the main thing about it is the energy and vigor of it, so associating it with death just seems a bit... off. And the last two just seem like too much of a stretch overall. :/ Sorry.
yeah it's fine. I didn't expect my idea to be taken seriously anyway. It was just me rambling a train of thought.

I had no internet access for a short time, but I'm still here, and still interested. Gotta read through the blog posts again later on, and through all this new discussion tho. Looks mighty well-done! No questions atm, but those might come after a second read-through of the new materials.

Reactions: Kagayours
Just edited a recently-finished commission drawing into the section for Daius in the pantheon blog post! ^^

This definitely seems interesting, though I have a question. How linear is the process of making a character? I was a bit thrown by the personality part.

This definitely seems interesting, though I have a question. How linear is the process of making a character? I was a bit thrown by the personality part.
Er, that depends. I'm not really sure what you mean by "linear". o3o

The persuasions are just a set of categories that you'll have to place your characters into. The personality types are fairly broad, though, so I'm hoping it'll be pretty easy to make virtually any character idea fit into one of those four types. There'll also be Zodiac signs to choose from, which I hope will give people even more options in terms of mixing and matching personality traits.

Still, though, the persuasions and Zodiac signs are for you to pick out -- meaning you can either choose things that will match an existing idea that you have, or you can start with a blank slate and use these categories to build a character from the ground up, whatever works better for your creative process. It's not like I'll be assigning anyone's persuasions or making you roll dice for them, if that's what you were worried about.

Does that answer your question?

I think so. What I mean by linear, is that the character process is a set path in the sense that we'd be picking from a handful of concepts for our characters, rather than say, writing out the personality and history of the character and listing the defining traits or key details that we'd like. I guess I'm asking, to what degree will the character creating process be flexible in terms of creation. I'm talking everything from personality all the way down to gear, likes and dislikes, history etc etc.

I think so. What I mean by linear, is that the character process is a set path in the sense that we'd be picking from a handful of concepts for our characters, rather than say, writing out the personality and history of the character and listing the defining traits or key details that we'd like. I guess I'm asking, to what degree will the character creating process be flexible in terms of creation. I'm talking everything from personality all the way down to gear, likes and dislikes, history etc etc.
Oh, well there will definitely be more room to expand on personality traits and all that. The persuasions and Zodiac signs are just a starting point.

Oh, well there will definitely be more room to expand on personality traits and all that. The persuasions and Zodiac signs are just a starting point.
Sort of like a point to just jump off from, pretty much?

Sort of like a point to just jump off from, pretty much?
Yeah, basically. Everything should be fine so long as the rest of their personality actually matches the categories you chose -- but if they don't, then I can just recommend categories that do match. XD It shouldn't be hard to make it all work, honestly.

Thanks for answering all these questions quickly and thoroughly, Kaga. It should be nice to get away from super-easy character death for a change. Plus, if we're visiting the realm of the afterlife later, it's even less of a concern. Still super excited for this, maybe I'll think up a vague character concept now so I won't hold you back when you're ready.

Reactions: Kagayours
@Lojikal @Edward @Minerva @Rax Rosetta @Luma @Ichigo @Rithas @AquaTheLita @Neobullseye @Eruantien @Winter

Another update!! No new content this time, technically, but I did update the existing blog posts with the lovely new graphics provided by @WhisperingWillows!! ^^ Willows and I are also planning on using these same graphics in the OOC, unless anyone has any changes they'd like to suggest.

And, as you may have noticed due to the new header on the blog posts, the official title for the RP will be "Altera Arcana" -- with "Arcana" being a reference to the RP's tarot roots. Also, it sounds pretty. ^^

I hope you guys like the new graphics! Oh, and don't hesitate to let me know if all the bells and whistles ever make anything too hard to read, or strain your eyes, or anything like that. We wanted to make it pretty, but we also don't want to cause any problems for anyone. o3o

It hurts my eyes in a good way. Like eating hot sauce.

You eat hot sauce with your eyes?
No, but suddenly there's the mild temptation to make a Pyran character who does.

Reactions: Luma
Yay! Let me know if it is hard for you guys to read! I want to make it as user-friendly looking as possible!

• Love
Reactions: Rax Rosetta
Status
Not open for further replies.