Massive High-Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokes aside, it looks great and is perfectly readable on the Teal Owl forum theme I'm using.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
@Lojikal @Edward @Minerva @Rax Rosetta @Luma @Ichigo @Rithas @AquaTheLita @Neobullseye @Eruantien @Winter @WhisperingWillows

New blog post!! ^^ This is another one about religion. But, unlike the pantheon post, which started off with a specific goal (ie: describe all the deities), this one kind of... rambles. It's sort of a collection of points that I wanted to touch on but that didn't seem like it would make sense as its own OOC section, as the points it touches on are all rather disjointed. But I wanted to bring it to you guys anyway and not have to worry about dividing up the information into more organized segments, sooo... I turned it into a blog post, and used the power of segues to make it all sort of come together as one piece. ^^" Hopefully this works for you guys...

Also!! I think this'll be the last blog post before the OOC. o.o As it currently stands, all the info that I have yet to put together is supposed to go in the OOC, but, as I flesh out the last few details, there might be some big thing that I wind up fleshing out a ton more at the last minute, and then I might decide it would be better off as a blog post instead of some mildly off-topic section on the OOC. BUT, the point is, there probably won't be any more content for a little while. The OOC's still a bit of a ways away, and if there are any more blog posts, they won't be posted on a neat, regular schedule like I've been doing with these so far.

Sooo enjoy this info dump for the road, I suppose! I'll still definitely be around if anyone has any questions they'd like to ask, but, for the most part, I'm switching gears and focusing on the OOC from here on out. And, even with the blog posts out of the way, there'll still be a lot to write! ^^"

Maybe I'll try to give you guys progress reports from time to time, though, so that things don't seem too dull or quiet in the meantime.

Reactions: Eruantien
I love the new blog post! Progress reports would be excellent every so often, I think!

Reactions: Kagayours
It didn't feel all that rambly to me. I'm very much for progress reports, it's great for everyone to know what's going on and roughly what kind of wait to expect.

By the way, do eclipses exist and, if so, how do those fit in?

By the way, do eclipses exist and, if so, how do those fit in?
Haha, funny that -- I actually had something in my notes way back in the early planning stages about how a solar eclipse represented Diana "temporarily seizing control of the pantheon from Apollo" or something but I eventually cut it out, probably because it wasn't developed enough.

Plus, I have no idea what the reasoning would be behind a lunar eclipse. The solar eclipse idea at least made sense -- Diana's emotional and has pretty much played second-best to Apollo since, well, ever, so I can see her letting out some pent-up rage and trying to assert herself over Apollo once in a while.

But a lunar eclipse -- technically speaking -- is the earth casting a shadow on the moon, and I have no idea why Tenius would have anything against Diana. Not to mention, I don't suppose the whole earth-casting-a-shadow-on-the-moon thing would even be obvious from the Alteran perspective, so... yeah, I don't even know which forces to say are in conflict with each other. The moon would just go red for some reason. Part of me sort of wants to use this as an opportunity to create some connection to Diana's role as the goddess of femininity, but I feel like the parallels regarding monthly cycles already do that job well enough.

So yeah, honestly, I'm not too sure about eclipses. I had some plans initially, but I could never quite flesh them out.

Maybe solar eclipses can be real things that happen sometimes, but then the closest thing to what we would call a "lunar eclipse" would only happen if some fire/wands asshat tries to decrease the power of some water-aligned foes by stuffing a wolf in a bag and calling himself the "moon-slayer". .....I dunno, man. That's all I got.

Ya know, all the blog posts are making me more and more excited for this. I seriously can't wait to see the work put into the OOC.

• Love
Ya know, all the blog posts are making me more and more excited for this. I seriously can't wait to see the work put into the OOC.
^^ I'm glad you like them! I was really hoping they would get people hyped up for the RP. ^^

A lunar eclipse could be Tenius leaving the physical realm to visit the heavenly realm for a short while. I suppose it's not necessary to make it that detailed though.

A lunar eclipse could be Tenius leaving the physical realm to visit the heavenly realm for a short while. I suppose it's not necessary to make it that detailed though.
Eh. I'm not sure why that would have any effect on the moon, though.

Still, I'll think on it.

Eh, I'm just throwing my ideas out there; I make no quality control on said ideas xD

I apologize for my absence! Not only have I had little access to Internet, much less a computer, but I also broke my wrist early Tuesday morning trying to dismount a horse. Until I get back to the comfort of my own home (and also get a permanent cast on), I simply won"t be on here except to keep up on everything. I might post here and there to let everyone know I'm still around but not much more than that. My apologies!

@Lojikal @Edward @Minerva @Rax Rosetta @Luma @Ichigo @Rithas @AquaTheLita @Neobullseye @Eruantien @Winter @WhisperingWillows

New blog post!! ^^ This is another one about religion. But, unlike the pantheon post, which started off with a specific goal (ie: describe all the deities), this one kind of... rambles. It's sort of a collection of points that I wanted to touch on but that didn't seem like it would make sense as its own OOC section, as the points it touches on are all rather disjointed. But I wanted to bring it to you guys anyway and not have to worry about dividing up the information into more organized segments, sooo... I turned it into a blog post, and used the power of segues to make it all sort of come together as one piece. ^^" Hopefully this works for you guys...

Also!! I think this'll be the last blog post before the OOC. o.o As it currently stands, all the info that I have yet to put together is supposed to go in the OOC, but, as I flesh out the last few details, there might be some big thing that I wind up fleshing out a ton more at the last minute, and then I might decide it would be better off as a blog post instead of some mildly off-topic section on the OOC. BUT, the point is, there probably won't be any more content for a little while. The OOC's still a bit of a ways away, and if there are any more blog posts, they won't be posted on a neat, regular schedule like I've been doing with these so far.

Sooo enjoy this info dump for the road, I suppose! I'll still definitely be around if anyone has any questions they'd like to ask, but, for the most part, I'm switching gears and focusing on the OOC from here on out. And, even with the blog posts out of the way, there'll still be a lot to write! ^^"

Maybe I'll try to give you guys progress reports from time to time, though, so that things don't seem too dull or quiet in the meantime.
Will you be listing these blogs on the first page of the OOC for future reference?

I apologize for my absence! Not only have I had little access to Internet, much less a computer, but I also broke my wrist early Tuesday morning trying to dismount a horse. Until I get back to the comfort of my own home (and also get a permanent cast on), I simply won"t be on here except to keep up on everything. I might post here and there to let everyone know I'm still around but not much more than that. My apologies!
Oh, that's perfectly fine! Just focus on recovering for now. The OOC probably won't be up for a while, anyway.

Will you be listing these blogs on the first page of the OOC for future reference?
Of course! In fact, they'll most likely be woven in with other OOC information so that they flow more naturally with everything else, as opposed to having an awkward little list down at the bottom of a post like they do now.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae
Of course! In fact, they'll most likely be woven in with other OOC information so that they flow more naturally with everything else, as opposed to having an awkward little list down at the bottom of a post like they do now.
I'd rather have links to the blog posts but whatever.

I'd rather have links to the blog posts but whatever.
o3o That's what I meant. They'll be linked. I'm just saying that the links would be spread out in places where they'd make sense in the OOC, rather than being clumped together at the bottom.

For example, the existing blog posts about religion will probably be linked near other religion-related info, etc.

The horse is conspiring against us! I can see through it's lies

The horse is conspiring against us! I can see through it's lies
...Are you referring to her signature? Because I am like 95% sure that is either an alpaca or a llama.

.....And I'm certain it's not a horse.

Maybe solar eclipses can be real things that happen sometimes, but then the closest thing to what we would call a "lunar eclipse" would only happen if some fire/wands asshat tries to decrease the power of some water-aligned foes by stuffing a wolf in a bag and calling himself the "moon-slayer". .....I dunno, man. That's all I got.
...No one appreciates my humor. I am disappoint.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kame
...No one appreciates my humor. I am disappoint.
We can't really appreciate something if we never knew it was there, Kaga-kunoichi :P (please let that mean what I think it should mean >_> )

Status
Not open for further replies.