• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bears

Original poster

h476v0C.png

PRELUDE
In the year 2189 ARC the battle tested galactic community once again found itself pressured by racially driven conflict. Just three years after the ultimate sentient beings known as the Reapers tried wiping out all organic life in the galaxy, the Batarians infuriated by their lack of standing in the Citadel following the invasion announced a full retraction from Citadel space.

In exchange for absolute solitude the Batarians intended to cut off all contact. With the entire galaxy still healing the scars left by the Reapers, the council had no choice but to accept their conditions and allow a peaceful recession. The Batarians true to their word, disappeared.

Now 2212 ARC, it has been nearly twenty-three years since direct contact was made with the Batarians. The Council in direct violation to the treaty sent STG cells into Batarian space and they've recently returned with disturbing results. Not only had the Batarians strengthened their fleet but they also managed to also uplift Yahg and develop a way to control them. With resentful ties towards the Council and now a large army bolstered with thousands of the incredibly violent and improved Yahg, the Batarians are now a threat to galactic peace and the creation of the TIGER SQUAD, the Council's first and -- if things go accordingly -- last response.

TIGER SQUAD & THEIR SHIP

Tiger Squad is the call sign assigned to the elite infiltration team formed by the Council following the revelation of the Batarian race's activities over the past two decades. One of the driving forces behind the Council's decision to break the treaty's obligations and consequent discovery of the Yahg's upliftment was the insistence and pressure shown by the sixth human Spectre Aleksandr Markovich. Because of this dedication and bravado Commander Markovich has been appointed to spearhead all Tiger Squad operations.

Commander Markovich has been given full clearance in regards to recruiting procedures and has his eyes on individuals of varying races and rank. The team he will lead as well as the amount of crew aboard the Tempest will be smaller than average but they will have to be the best in the business in order to complete the tasks at hand.

Determine the likeliness of an invasion and deal with the matter accordingly.
Hello everyone, Bear here! So the way it's going to work is quite simple, YOUR playable character will be one of the talented individuals that Commander Marko has chosen for the mission. All races are viable choices aside from Batarians, Yahgs, Hanar and the Elcor (though aboard the Tempest is an Elcor Requistion Officer by the name of Randy -- long story).

Shizuochan and I have done away with the traditional class system of the series in favor of the writer having each character flesh out specific strengths and weaknesses of their character. You are free to optimize your character as you please, modelling them after an engineer or adept if that's you want, or going for something in between!

If there are any questions don't be afraid to either post down below or PM me or Shiz!

[
  • YuNPFAm.png

Commander Aleksandr Markovich / 39 Years Old / Rebellious Spectre​
  • y7Xfn2A.png

Seargent Decimus 'Dec' Caeril / 36 Years Old / Team Dad​
  • AeQkCUT.png

Operations Chief Annabelle Hensick / 24 Years Old / "Run and Gun"​
  • K9v7Z62.png

Druin Thail / 22 Years Old / Young Drell​
  • UuuD7jT.png

Emeris V'Nasava / 127 Years Old / Scarlet Marked Asari​
  • rAozQTv.png

Field Engineer Kalo'Sul Vas Neema / 25 Years Old / A Quarian Boy and his Robot​
  • 4xzOHM2.png

Sresk of Clan Foric / 50 Years Old / Forward Thinking Krogan​
  • qa1Pewn.png

Corporal Osar Eui / 16 Years Old / Mad Salarian Scientist​
  • SIyepwo.png

Shar Tempest / 32 Years Old / Human Justicar​
  • IkHEf0e.png

Executioner Durge of Clan Raik / 1132 Years Old / Ex-Warlord​
  • QPerBsb.png

Chacho / 8 Years Old / ?????​

SSV TEMPEST

The Tempest is designed to be small, stealthy and fast, trading off heavy armor and a main gun to excel in these. It is capable of covering 13 lightyears per day in FTL. The Tempest's size allows it to land on planets with little trouble, much like the SSV Normandy and unlike the larger Normandy SR-2.

Four main thrusters provide its propulsion and it has four additional downward thrusters to stabilize its descent: two below the frontal wings and two below the main wings. It is equipped with an array of scanners for determining groundside conditions.
GENERAL HOUSE RULES (ALL IWAKU RULES APPLY)
I. Each member of the RP should be comfortable with communicating. With some of the people we already have, there's going to be a lot of chatting in between posts in the Discord. Don't be afraid to join in! We don't bite well, except maybe Shiz.

II.While I may not have a specific length requirement for posts I expect those who join to be capable of giving the other writers enough to work with while replying. We will be working with a courtesy system rather then a posting order. You'll need to be able to post every few days but if you join but life comes and hits you up, just PM me or Shiz and we will figure something out!

WORD FROM THE GMs [SIZE=2]BearEnthusiast[/SIZE] & [SIZE=2]Shizuochan[/SIZE]

"I'd like to thank everyone who shows interest in this RP! I'm a pretty avid fan of the series and will do my best to make sure that this universe holds up to the ME universe we all love while at the same time making it something new and fun.

Also thanks to The Philosoraptor because the timeline I'm using is originally from his ME: CONTINGENCY RP that was made around June last year." -- BearEnthusiast

"Have fun and bear sucks" - Shizuochan

Last edited by a moderator:

MORA'XAEN​
DOSSIER​

BASIC INFORMATION
Full Name ll Mora'Xaen
Age ll 35
Race ll Quarian (Genetically Altered)
Rank ll

PHYSICAL INFORMATION
Strengths ll Mora's strength lies in her adaptability. Not only is she capable of holding toe to toe in a firefight, she is comfortable with technology and oddly proficient in medicine. While she may not be the most conventional person to head the med bay, Marko has chosen her and remains adamant on her position on the ship.

Also unlike her fellow Quarians, Mora strangely enough does not require an envirosuit to stay healthy. When asked about this she is unafraid to say that she has been genetically altered but refuses to elaborate any further.

Weaknesses ll Currently Mora is still recuperating from gunshot wounds in her shoulder and thigh. Therefore, Mora is unfit for combat and won't be leaving the Tempest to join the squad on the ground any time soon. Beyond that, Mora while capable, isn't nearly as specialized as other members of the crew and is open regarding that fact.

Equipment ll
- M-8 Avenger
- M-6 Carnifex
- Envirosuit (Black with Gold Decals)

Physical Description ll
Mora of course stands out as few rarely see what a Quarian looks without a helmet on. She is on the shorter side and her body is athletically fit. While she does not need it to survive, Mora still wears her envirosuit out of respect for her roots. The envirosuit itself is designed to be aesthetically appealing rather than utility reasons and shows signs that it could be custom made. Mora rarely wears the accompanying mask.

MENTAL INFORMATION
Psychological Profile ll Mora has her own code of morals and seems determined to stand by them. She is far from close minded however, always willing to hear other's ideas and partake in intellectual debates. Along with that, Mora holds herself with a quiet cool confidence.

Thanks to her previously unheard of genetic alterations as well as a fondness for her own privacy, she is also quite the mystery.

Brief Background ll CLASSIFIED

Plot Character/Medical Bay Head​

• Love
Reactions: Applo and Sir Salty
Splitting the game up into two ICs has, in my experience, ended badly every single time. What it tends to result in is one active IC and one far more slower paced IC, which makes it impossible for the GMs to keep the pace consistent between the two and ultimately sends the whole structure out the window.

I think @Spectre makes a pretty decent suggestion. We've got a pretty mixed and varied team, enough for them all to be deployed on a mission but have very different objectives depending on what they're good at. A few of the squad might be getting their sneak on and infiltrating a facility whilst the others make a lot of noise to keep the guards occupied, for example, or in a negotiation a couple people might be acting as the faces whilst the rest take up positions nearby should things go south.

You've got a lot of ways to swing it so that the GMs aren't wrangling masses of characters at once, but still keep it all as part of the same IC/plot scene.

Splitting the game up into two ICs has, in my experience, ended badly every single time. What it tends to result in is one active IC and one far more slower paced IC, which makes it impossible for the GMs to keep the pace consistent between the two and ultimately sends the whole structure out the window.

I think @Spectre makes a pretty decent suggestion. We've got a pretty mixed and varied team, enough for them all to be deployed on a mission but have very different objectives depending on what they're good at. A few of the squad might be getting their sneak on and infiltrating a facility whilst the others make a lot of noise to keep the guards occupied, for example, or in a negotiation a couple people might be acting as the faces whilst the rest take up positions nearby should things go south.

You've got a lot of ways to swing it so that the GMs aren't wrangling masses of characters at once, but still keep it all as part of the same IC/plot scene.

I agree with you and Spectre.

Can I agree to the agreement considering the agreement?

• Love
Reactions: Cwispy
Yeah I agree with Grumpy. While it would make everything more clean in appearance. Group A may be slow to post (because of life and what have you.) while Group B could be done with their 'mission/objective' and sitting around waiting for Group A to catch up in their own thread. Etc.

Thanks for the input everyone! This discussion was definitely useful and I'm glad that we had it. With what was said, Shiz and I are now preparing to get the IC started. :]

Like both Spectre and Grumpy suggested, our group will remain together throughout the story but will have often find themselves splitting into different teams during their missions out in Batarian space. Everyone's character has an easier time finding a sense of agency within the story and we all get to stay together on the same ship (which should prove to be interesting and perhaps even a lil' spicy considering how diverse our group is).

Expect more updates to come the closer we get to beginning the IC. ♡

Net got shut off. They are looking to pay the net by March 3rd so let's hope I'm back by then.

Don't worry, we'll be able to find ways to accommodate you.

Reactions: Why Not?
Don't worry, we'll be able to find ways to accommodate you.
I'll do what I can on my phone. But I am using data. And this new iwaku update is actually slowing load times on my phone more than before.

@Sir Salty Go easy on the data plan mister. With an rp party of like 8-9 people, by March 3rd it's highly likely we won't even have cleared the first round.

As far as ETA goes: Bear's been having internet issues the past few days, still the tentative goal is for February 26th.

Reactions: Why Not?
@Sir Salty Go easy on the data plan mister. With an rp party of like 8-9 people, by March 3rd it's highly likely we won't even have cleared the first round.

As far as ETA goes: Bear's been having internet issues the past few days, still the tentative goal is for February 26th.
I'll be available on the 28th. I'll be at friends house and will have their CPU available. Friends pretty nice so they'll let me most likely.

you could also steal their wi-fi for your phone :P

you could also steal their wi-fi for your phone :P
Tis is true. But if you want a sexy post formatted you'd be blessed I have a keyboard.

Has this begun yet? Cause I'd like to join if I'm able.

Unfortunately we are full up on roster spots, although you will certainly be the first to know if space opens up. ^^

Unfortunately we are full up on roster spots, although you will certainly be the first to know if space opens up. ^^
Q~Q Okie dokie

@Cerulean @Sir Salty @Artorias @Tyrannosaurus Rekt @The Philosoraptor @Grumpy @Fragrance @Spectre @Applo

The IC thread is now up: BY INVITATION ONLY - Mass Effect: Recon [IC]

- Possibly a bit long for some tastes, but mostly cause it's a merger of my npc post and Bear's pc post.

- The general objective of this round is basically the typical get everyone's asses together.

- As far as background context goes; you're generally aware of vague Batarian going-ons (possibly more, depending on the nature of your deployment, which would then include things like knowledge of Yahg involvement), and that they're beginning to encroach back onto the Terminus Systems.

- Happy posting.

Reactions: Dovahkiin
@Cerulean @Sir Salty @Artorias @Tyrannosaurus Rekt @The Philosoraptor @Grumpy @Fragrance @Spectre @Applo

The IC thread is now up: BY INVITATION ONLY - Mass Effect: Recon [IC]

- Possibly a bit long for some tastes, but mostly cause it's a merger of my npc post and Bear's pc post.

- The general objective of this round is basically the typical get everyone's asses together.

- As far as background context goes; you're generally aware of vague Batarian going-ons (possibly more, depending on the nature of your deployment, which would then include things like knowledge of Yahg involvement), and that they're beginning to encroach back onto the Terminus Systems.

- Happy posting.

I just got the internet back.

They paid the bill. Thus I am here.

Status
Not open for further replies.