Mass Effect: Project Seraph - (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true. As a vanguard you can only take four powers. Ammo, class exclusives and grenades count towards that limit.

Eh. I'll use a surplus of armor and kinetic barriers to compensate for a lack of the Barrier power. And I always felt Warp was a little overkill. I just want my boy to have the basics of a good Battlemaster: A Biotic Charge and Carnage. An added bonus would be the Throw and Lift abilities, making him more biotic than just a Grunt knockoff, and more like a badass Wrex (who, by the way, has more powers available than the Vanguards here are allowed. UNION!!!!). Otherwise good?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also wouldn't have minded having a Graal Spike Thrower or the Striker Assault Rifle, just because they were Krogan made versus public, civilian or Alliance/Citadel military junk. But then, an Eviscerator and M-3 may be more accessible to my guy, a mercenary who has cut himself off from his kind and pretty much everyone else.

Wrex having more powers than I allowed a vanguard to have is pretty irrelevant.

As for the weapons you want, you'll have access to them soon enough. I covered this in an earlier post. Those are only starting weapons. After our second mission every player will get one free rare quality weapon. No ultra-rares this early, however. There will also be drops I dictate and the chance to buy new weapons later. Things are being handled this way to put everyone on even terms.

All of that aside, your character is accepted now. Vanguards were allowed two uncommon weapons of any type they wanted. I'm just curious if you went by the rule I set in place for biotics, engineers and sentinels.

Wrex having more powers than I allowed a vanguard to have is pretty irrelevant.

As for the weapons you want, you'll have access to them soon enough. I covered this in an earlier post. Those are only starting weapons. After our second mission every player will get one free rare quality weapon. No ultra-rares this early, however. There will also be drops I dictate and the chance to buy a new weapons later. Things are being handled this way to put everyone on even terms.

All of that aside, your character is accepted now. Vanguards were allowed two uncommon weapons of any type they wanted. I'm just curious if you went by the rule I set in place for biotics, engineers and sentinels.

Wait, I can take the Phalanx for a Heavy Pistol? That would be an interesting upgrade. And if you also suggest I'm allowed to take an Uncommon Assault Rifle with my Eviscerator, I need some help deciding here: The Vindicator fires in 3-round bursts, and is all-around useful against shields, barriers, and armor. The Mattock is single-shot, high power, and extremely accurate, and is most useful against armor, but isn't too shabby when it comes to shields or barriers. What would you recommend most? But the Phalanx would be preferable to either for one simple reason: Any rifle or shotgun would be difficult to fire in a tight space (though I don't see a Krogan getting into one of those), whereas a pistol can be pulled from its holster, maneuvered, and fired quickly and effectively without being affected by any nearby walls or dangerous objects. As well, the Phalanx has a shorter reload time and is very accurate, as well as being effective against armor, with average results to shields and barriers being a downside.

@Hirohashi I'm typing from my phone, so I may not get in a post today, but I'll definitely see if my thumbs are totally up to the task.

Reactions: Hirohashi
Oh, and I felt the Wrex thing was relevant because he was a Vanguard who had more powers than we Vanguards are allotted here, and if we were following the story, we'd get more. But I won't push it because I want to stay here and my guy has enough power to handle himself. And how do I start out? Do I just show up at some meeting, or do I do an intro post showing off my guy's badassery, only to get some message telling him he's been drafted, and meet up with the team of Project Seraph later, or what?

Wrex having more powers was irrelevant due to virtually none of the classes match what they can have in the games outside of what powers types are available to them. I balanced them this way to play to their strengths while still making them on par with any other class. Hell, Lash isn't even really vanguard exclusive but I felt it fit well with their fighting style.

In the game (ME:3 anyway, which I am going off of in terms of weapons and available skills) has every NPC have 4 powers and one passive, but can only bring two pre determined gun types. Only Shepard breaks that norm. So we are not following it to a T.

And yes, you would be allowed the Phalanx as you are playing a Vanguard. However, you are free to take any other starting gun. Being a Krogan, if you are worried about extreme close quarters or narrow fighting space, he is perfectly capable of resorting to melee combat if you want a rifle instead of a heavy pistol.

As for rifle preference, that's really up to you. No one has the Mattock yet, but that doesn't mean you need to take it either.

Wrex having more powers was irrelevant due to virtually none of the classes match what they can have in the games outside of what powers types are available to them. I balanced them this way to play to their strengths while still making them on par with any other class. Hell, Lash isn't even really vanguard exclusive but I felt it fit well with their fighting style.

In the game (ME:3 anyway, which I am going off of in terms of weapons and available skills) has every NPC have 4 powers and one passive, but can only bring two pre determined gun types. Only Shepard breaks that norm. So we are not following it to a T.

And yes, you would be allowed the Phalanx as you are playing a Vanguard. However, you are free to take any other starting gun. Being a Krogan, if you are worried about extreme close quarters or narrow fighting space, he is perfectly capable of resorting to melee combat if you want a rifle instead of a heavy pistol.

As for rifle preference, that's really up to you. No one has the Mattock yet, but that doesn't mean you need to take it either.

Well it's not a question of need. Practicality in combat more like. I want to keep this as realistic as possible. The Vindicator has burst fire and all-around power, the Mattock has high accuracy and fair damage to S, B, and especially A, and the Phalanx has high accuracy and practical size. I think I'll go with the Phalanx as a sidearm, and maybe go back and forth with the Eviscerator and Vindicator.

Ooh, and when I get the chance, I may dump the Eviscerator for a Graal or Striker. Also, perfectly capable for melee combat maybe, but what about in tight spaces with Phantoms closing in? They're going to be dancing around me, shooting those little wrist things at me, and slashing at me with their swords. I'd be a sitting duck. Thus, shotgun and heavy pistol. And you never responded to this: Where do I begin? And are we interacting with any canon characters considering this is parallel to the game series, or is the Seraph team extremely need-to-know spec ops?

1) @Mr. V No we will not be fighting Reapers per say. The only reason I have reapers in my first post is because I needed a quick start. In my next, current post, I'll be on the Citadel trying to meet with everyone one else.

2) Dump these weapons as you please, but only when you're truly given the chance: via stores, or scavenging a battle ground. This is not said in stone, I'm not the GM. But as far as speaking on his behalf, he's done the best he can to lay this out as fairly and as flexible as he can. How they function in battle depends on YOU backed into a corner. Krogan Battlemasters are masters at CQC from what I remember. Cerberus shouldn't be worried about your gun.

3)Please calm down.

ACTUALLY Roku, yes. We will be fighting reapers, heretic Geth and anything in between. Cerberus is our main objective and who we will be fighting the most, but the other factions will definitely show up.

As for where you start, anyone who is recruited this early is expected to be aboard the Navarra before take off. Anyone who joins later will be brought onto the team by the team leader mid mission or during shore leave.

Also this is not exactly like the games. Combat doesn't have to follow the same rules, so long as it is within reason. As a Krogan, a single phantom won't stand a chance against you and you have a team watching your back. If they get close pick them up and snap their puny human necks, or whatever your heart desires. Fight like a Krogan.

Reactions: 2 people
1) @Mr. V No we will not be fighting Reapers per say. The only reason I have reapers in my first post is because I needed a quick start. In my next, current post, I'll be on the Citadel trying to meet with everyone one else.

2) Dump these weapons as you please, but only when you're truly given the chance: via stores, or scavenging a battle ground. This is not said in stone, I'm not the GM. But as far as speaking on his behalf, he's done the best he can to lay this out as fairly and as flexible as he can. How they function in battle depends on YOU backed into a corner. Krogan Battlemasters are masters at CQC from what I remember. Cerberus shouldn't be worried about your gun.

3)Please calm down.

Calm? CALM?! I'M THE MOTHERF**KING KING OF CALM! I'M THE SUPERFLY TNT! KING KONG AIN'T GOT S**T ON ME! I'M AN INTELLECTUAL! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!

ACTUALLY Roku, yes. We will be fighting reapers, heretic Geth and anything in between. Cerberus is our main objective and who we will be fighting the most, but the other factions will definitely show up.

As for where you start, anyone who is recruited this early is expected to be aboard the Navarra before take off. Anyone who joins later will be brought onto the team by the team leader mid mission or during shore leave.

Also this is not exactly like the games. Combat doesn't have to follow the same rules, so long as it is within reason. As a Krogan, a single phantom won't stand a chance against you and you have a team watching your back. If they get close pick them up and snap their puny human necks, or whatever your heart desires. Fight like a Krogan.

Gotcha boss.
*Headbutts a Centurion*

Last edited by a moderator:
We will shall now be know as the Vanguard Squad.

Why Bioware? Why must you make drell memory recollection so poetic? How are the poor Mass Effect roleplayers supposed to recreate that? *sobs*

We will shall now be know as the Vanguard Squad.

Hey, we've got an Adept, an Infiltrator, a Soldier, a Sentinel, and an Engineer. The more Vanguards, the better. The less bullets the others have to take.

Hey, we've got an Adept, an Infiltrator, a Soldier, a Sentinel, and an Engineer.

But 5 Vanguards? I am just surprized we ended up with that many. xD

Soldiers and Sentinels can take rounds too.

Reactions: Cerulean
So can Shepard's parents on Mindoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.