Mass Effect Mercenaries

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, the mysterious invisible crew that Archer told us nothing about...

Seriously though, that works well enough, I'll just make a small post from there.

Reactions: Grothnor
They were kind of... shoehorned in. But then again, we can't exactly have a frigate run by just a single NPC, can we? (and having an AI would be downright unrealistic for a group such as ours)

Seriously though, that works well enough, I'll just make a small post from there.
They were kind of... shoehorned in. But then again, we can't exactly have a frigate run by just a single NPC, can we? (and having an AI would be downright unrealistic for a group such as ours)
I mean their is a geth that could of done it since it's a robot and all...

I mean their is a geth that could of done it since it's a robot and all...
Well Roger isn't quite a real geth, and isn't nearly as advanced as legion.

If you meant he could carry the wounded mercs: he probably can't, his motor functions are pretty terrible atm.
If you meant run the ship's systems: he used to be the VI of an alliance ship, so he could do reasonably well if he was properly installed.

Are you still looking for members?

Thank you. I feel like I should try to get to know the community and hopefully my RPing skills can speak for me, and we can get to a point where you show me yours, I show you mine. lol

Archer has been busy this week, he'll address you whenever he's free. As for fitting you into the story, you can either read through the entire IC thread so far or I can give you a brief run-down once you get accepted.

Since I have to wait for Archer, I'll go ahead and read it.

I'll figure it out. All though, and I will be upfront about this. I am currently waiting on my SSI to go through and waiting on an IQ test. And in a weeks time I might be homeless. For a good two weeks, longer if my paperwork still doesn't get here. So my internet may be spotty.

Thank you kindly.

I'm good with it, just give the IC a look see and we'll hash out how to get you in (literally just the last two pages of the IC and you, me and Red can see about getting you up somewhere)

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Fritz Nolan Gage [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alias: Aft3R d4Rk or After Dark; the spelling is more on Fritz part and all though he'll insist on it, you can definitely ignore it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 27[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sex: Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Race: Human[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Class: Adept[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He was a collection of pieces that didn't quite match, he didn't look military, actually he didn't look well off as he leaned his back on one of the cargo crates. This was the guy you hired to do the work for you? His outfit was faded, muted colors of gray, with a weird bubbled shaped mask over his head. As you got closer he only stood at 5'6" and he seemed thin, fit, but thin. He had a single, unnerving, prosthetic arm, while his natural hand was a pale color, hidden under woven fabric of gray fingerless gloves.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
rihp1x.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A quiet contained energy concealed, in a controlled, well mannered young man. He's mellow, but that's on the surface. Which is a hyperactive, encouraging individual, obsessed with having a plan. If there's no plan, or not even a mention of a plan, he'll figure something out. It's kind of like when you have two colored socks that don't match and you wear them anyway. He's a lot like that. He's patient, and calm. Mellow often, but the other side of him is hyperactive and energetic. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Yet, he is also encouraging and tries to support others as well, especially when they are down. He's not a bad person, simply a bad circumstance has turned him to the cutthroat occupation. All though that hasn't really changed him much, perhaps that is because of the teachings of the Asari that took him. Perhaps, she taught him how to be balanced. Though honestly he doesn't know. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He's not mistaken for a young for a kid, despite his moments where he can get excited. Such as a cool explosion he might point and say, did you see that star in the sky. He might holler, but when it's time to get down to business. He's serious about his work. Every effort he makes is a result of his ability to wait, and be cautious. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Though there are some flaws in his nature. He does have a temper, if you manage to irritate him, he's not the type of person who lets negative comments slide right off. He will often absorb them in a fit of hyperactive energy, throw it right back at you. Which comes down to his most negative flaw, which is that he can be vindictive at times. He has a hard letting go of grudges, and will hold a lot of things in. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He's like a shaken up bottle of fizzy drink. Or he can be. And when he sees the trigger of his grudge or his anger, he explodes and can be reckless with it. It's cost him many things in the past, but it's a flaw he's learning to balance. He's nowhere near as bad as when he was younger.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His most positive trait is that he is encouraging and nurturing. As stated before, he's not a bad person, with a rougher personality. He's actually very gentle, he's actually a good person, who tries to lift the spirits of those he considers. That is his mother or his friends, but if he doesn't know you, he's not going to show you the softer nature of him. Afraid that someone more cutthroat than him would try to stomp all over him if he did so. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He's not easy to make friends, but that's a shield. Since he's matured up and knows better. Oddly enough he likes a Krogan's sense of humor, or what lack thereof is. He likes poorly written soap operas, to make fun of. He dislikes disrespect, and no formalities. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Armor: Light armor, all the make and model is unknown considering he wears the suit under his cloth robes and rags, [Considering the fact that Jack wears bra straps in Mass Effect I figure he doesn't need a real set of armor, but something that protects him][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapons: Disposable Omniblade, quick efficient, and then he can get out of the way. He relies on his skills as Adept more than he relies on his skills as a marksman. Though he does have a pistol on hand, just in case someone does think he's a target. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]M-6 Carnifex [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gear:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]L3 Implant Received Illegally [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]An Omniblade as said above, that he relies as he tries to disappear from the line of sight[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Powers:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Singularity; it makes it easier for him to escape battles, when he can trap them into strong gravitational pulls.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pull; there they are easy, dangling targets heading there way. Easy to pick off.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Shockwave; Pushing large amounts of energy through his body, a quake of energy soars through the battlefield. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Brief History:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]It should be clear by now, that Fritz Nolan Gage is not his birth name, but he doesn't remember his birth name. And he doesn't even remember his parents much, but that's because Lia'oni told him that she just found him on the streets. All wrapped up. A bundle of a joy, with a note that asked someone to take good care of him. Lia'oni probably was not the first choice of a parent, a semi famed, Asari pole dancer, who probably wasn't ready for a baby. But she just couldn't leave him alone. The first couple names ever given to him that he could remember, were "Hey Kid" "Hey You" "That Child" and "Baby" . Lia'oni's boss tolerated him, as long as he helped out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Which he did for a while. Cleaning tables and taking empty glasses. He sort of became something in their lives and he remembered that was acceptable for him. He remembers being scared as a kid, unsure of what was going to happen. If there was one thing very true about Lia'oni's work, was that the bar attract a lot of unwanted attention. From thugs and criminals. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He knew he could point them out easily, but he always kept his head low as a kid. They didn't make a lot of Chips, but they were enough to keep the both of them afloat. A name only came up, when he was cognitive to consider it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He remembers the conversation occurring at the age of ten. Only because Lia'oni realized, they couldn't keep running around calling him, "That Kid, "The Child" "That Child" "Baby". She asked, "if we were to give a name, what would you want to be called". At first it was just Fritz, his name didn't grow in length until a set of circumstances later in his future. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No one asked him why Fritz. It was the first name a ten year old could think of. A bit like why no one ask him why his alias is spelled so weird. Nolan was his friend, well not a real friend. Not someone he went out to seek a friendship with. Nolan was someone you stay away from him. He's not the type of person you're supposed to talk to you. But Nolan was a friend because of his relation with a twelve year old kid, who made a stupid mistake.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Curiosity seems like it strikes kids at this age . Because Fritz decided he was going to investigate who, or where his parents were. Not because he didn't wholeheartedly love Lia'oni, but because he was curious. Where the trail lead him to a burned down warehouse. Which also lead him to create relationships with a really bad criminal, the guys at the bar would call him the Kernel. It was the first time, Fritz probably felt true fear. Like the kind where you're almost certain you pissed yourself, but hadn't.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nolan was with the Kernel and this thug group. Defended him, said he was just a kid. Nolan's the only reason why the Kernel didn't take him or didn't throw a bullet in the back of his head. He remembers the first words were, "don't get curious, it's how you get into professions like mine". [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If Fritz had listened that would have been the end of this story. But he hadn't listened. And that's how he ended up here, a full profession of thirteen years, well kind of. For a long time Nolan was supporting him, keeping his back. Because some crazy fourteen year old didn't heed his warning. Because he was supporting some crazy kid, who had sixteen had the chips to buy an illegal implant for his Biotic powers. Because he was supporting some crazy kid, who got him killed. And that's why Fritz, honored Nolan's name in his. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fritz wears it like a mistake and a reminder of course as well. Gage was just something a stupid nineteen year old thinks on the spot, when it comes up as a joke about his Biotic powers. Still though all the young mistakes and all the problems, he had he still supports Lia'oni. Now that he's a professional who works alone, never trusted those violent gangs. He just doesn't always tell her what happens on those missions because she would worry. She still does, but she and him created a compromise that if he doesn't say anything, she doesn't worry as much.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Except the day he came back with a "broken" arm, seven years ago. We'll call it broken, but there was more to that story. More than he's willing to detail right now. And that's how Fritz Nolan Gage was born. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Theme Song:[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Reactions: Redsun_Criminal
From here, I think it's best if no one posts until Clyde and I finish up his intro collab thing

-edit: It's Up! Sorry for hugeness

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that would be best, and sorry (again) to everyone here, I have been having a horrible bit of luck these past couple weeks, from filling the void at work, to my step-dad being in the hospital (and still being there with chest and breathing problems) I just did not have the energy to even look at my computer, let alone type anything. We've just been having a hectic week at my house.

From here, I think it's best if no one posts until Clyde and I finish up his intro collab thing

-edit: It's Up! Sorry for hugeness
It's 5:00 AM where I am, i'm very tired from work and I just read the whole thing...the eye strain is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.