Mass Effect Division OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Kara'Kwinn vas Cabalan

Species: Quarian

Faction: ISA

Class: Sentinel

Abilities:
Tech Armor
Sabotage
Tactical Scan (Not immediately available, requires enhanced implants)
Singularity
Warp
Reave (Not immediately available, requires enhanced implants)

Weapons and armor:
M-27 Scimitar Shotgun (4)
M-97 Viper Sniper Rifle (3)
M-12 Locust SMG (1)
Total: 8

Skills:
KK is a biotic with high potential but relatively low performance at her current level of skill. She has the capabilities to become one of the greatest biotics in the Milky Way, but she has no other Quarians to teach her how to use her biotics. Aside from the positives with the negatives, KK is still a Quarian and is a great pilot, engineer, and hacker, able to easily force her way into any data cache or repair any of a ship's main systems. In combat, she is a mobile sniper outdoors, and a quick shock troop indoors. With room to roam, she slowly makes her way down the battlefield, mindful of cover, her eyes in the scope during open combat. She can easily carry the team if they aren't getting enough hits. In closed spaces, she throws up her tech armor and gets twitchy on the trigger of her shotgun. If she runs out of rounds or is at mid-range, she switches to her Locust SMG to get the job done.

Personality:
Kara'Kwinn goes by three nicknames - Kara, Kwinn, and KK. She doesn't mind which one people use, but she has an inexplicable preference that people be consistent in how they address her. She can become mildly irritated if people switch nicknames on a dime.
Within the Quarian factions, she belongs to the Geth Peace faction, and would prefer to make amends with the Geth so they may return to Rannoch, rather than colonize another planet. As far is Galaxy Politics goes, she is pro-unity and anti-exclusionist, willing to work with Counsel species and humans, but not accepting the boundaries placed on her by these groups.
Unless a situation is explicitly formal, KK prefers to be casual in all cases. She is forcefully Egalitarian and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, without exception. KK is brash, sharp-tongued, but rather mischievous. She uses insults as nicknames although they function more as terms of endearment.

Appearance:
quarian_suit_redesign_by_timmon26-d4s38ao.png

This suit was designed by the scientist Ti'Mmon vas Tusiks
commission__quarian_female_design_by_rikona-d77qgu5.jpg

The enhanced suit actually caused the project to require a designer to integrate Quarian custom into a new breed of soldier. The designer's name is Wrin'Ki vas De'art.

Bio:
One of if not the only biotics in all of Quarian history, KK is the product of a morally questionable project kept hidden from the Admiralty Board. Derived from the Turian Cabal program, the scientific vessel Cabalan was created with the help of Turian Separatist mercenaries who worked in the Cabal program. Unlike the training undergone by human biotic Kaiden Alenko, the Quarian program placed the health and happiness of the project participants above results. While the training was still vigorous, breaks were allowed and participants were encouraged to push themselves. However, only 10% of participants survived until adolescence. From there, only three survived until maturity and from there, only KK survived the project. Others either grew cancer in utero, died in training, or failed to produce a stable mass effect field. KK had become a Quarian biotic. She was presented to the Admiralty Board as a success with limited resources. They reasoned that with additional resources, they could produce additional biotics with greater success as well as perfect Quarian biotic implants. They were given the resources on the condition that they first work on perfecting the implants before trying to make additional biotics. Now, KK fights alongside Shepard in an effort to improve her skills. She has cybernetic nodes on her body where her implants can be replaced and/or upgraded. As a result of her biotics, she also suffers power-wise in tech, but that will change when she receives her upgrades.

Last edited:
Hilariously enough, that there Quarian looks quite a bit like my OC, who you'll probably see more of than Shepard.

Also, KK approved.

OC está aqui:

Name: Erif'Spur vas Xil.
Species: Quarian
Faction: ISA. Most other quarians, however, will have nothing to do with him, nor he with them.
Class: Vanguard
Abilities: Singularity, Nova, Biotic Charge, Carnage, Armor-Piercing Ammo, Shockwave.
Weapons and armor: Military quarian envirosuit. Instead of an omniblade his suit is equipped with an omnisword (essentially the same, but a sword instead of the normal omniblade's shape). Also carries a Scimitar shotgun, Tempest submachine gun, and a grenade launcher that holds 5 shots.
Skills: Erif'Spur is one of the only biotic quarians around, and that gives him the advantage of surprise. He isn't as good at shooting as Shepard, but is still not easily beaten on the shooting range.
Ship specifications: The Xil is a long-range fighter. Its added engines and supply areas do tend to make it not as agile as normal, but it can outrun most everything.
Appearance: Erif wears a faded green (the color being faded to begin with, though the amount of use the suit has received doesn't help) envirosuit, his facemask is a soft shade of blue. Like most quarians, Erif is smaller and more slender than his human equivalent, standing at about 5'6". Also like most quarians, Erif's face is physically attractive, at least by human standards, and his bright green eyes (while odd for a member of his species) are vibrant and full of life.
Personality: He jokes around. A lot.*
Bio: Erif's parents (both mechanics specializing in eezo cores) were killed when the ship they lived on's Element Zero core overloaded. Erif only barely survived, his 2 year old body changed forever. The irradiation from the core enhanced his immune system and gave him biotic abilities. Right before his Pilgrimage there was an incident with some active geth. He destroyed them, but his uncontrolled biotics ripped the ship apart. Exile followed swiftly, and Erif survives to this day as a bounty hunter on Omega.

*My love affair with the personality blank is a story for another day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, Erif and KK have something in common - they're like the few biotic Quarians. Although, as I recall, Biotics can't occur unless the Eezo exposure occurs in utero.

EDIT: Also, will our crew be having loyalty missions, because KK's is going to involve getting to the Migrant fleet for an upgrade to her implants, giving her the fancy new suit and a chance to test out her now filled out abilities queue. If we won't have individual loyalty missions, will we relate them to canon loyalty missions, because I can have KK get her upgrades during Tali's trial and then test them on the Geth in the Alarei.

Last edited:
Yeah, but...

ARTISTIC VISION NYAAAAAAAAAH

Nah, in seriousness, my assumption was that whatever was used to heal him would have regenerated enough flesh to make that valid, but I can alter that if you thing it's a game breaking flaw. I want to set a good example and not use the above excuse for every mistake XD

You're the staffer, man, but I think you should stick to the lore as best you can, so at least consider it. And about loyalty missions?

Loyalty missions are, for all intents and purposes, just a personal deal requested of the Commander. You're not any more likely to survive with one completed, unless you get some boost, like her implants.

Oh, but canon char loyalty missions... Here we go. Unless directly mentioned or necessary for an event, canon chars are unaccounted for. For all intents and purposes, you are the crew. So your loyalty missions will be what we go on.

And, upon doing research into biotics, the primary reason for early exposure is so it forms nerve system nodules. I just edited one rare case into his profile, where a child exposed to eezo in utero doesn't develop abilities until later exposure.

Whatever you think is best, GM. So, do you think KK and Erif might get along, despite his aversion towards other Quarians? Surely she'd understand the difficulties of not being able to control one's biotics - she just had the benefit of a training implant which suppressed her biotics to a relatively safe level while she was learning about them. She'd not be angry with him at all for what he couldn't control.

So Arcturia's loyalty mission will probably be going to find/save/capture Saren

@Erranruin : I'd hold back on selecting that as her loyalty mission until you see what happened to Saren XD

Because the relay jump ain't the finale of this game. It's only the beginning.

@VerbalAbuse: His thing is being exiled, he'd have no problems with an individual who didn't care about that.

So now we've got...2 Turians, an Infiltrator and a Vanguard, 2 Quarians, a Vanguard and a Sentinel, 2 Humans, a Sentinel and a Soldier, a Drell Adept, and a Sari'man Soldier, right?

Last edited:
So now we've got...2(?) Turians, an Infiltrator and a Vanguard, 2 Quarians, a Vanguard and a Sentinel, 2 Humans, a Sentinel and a Soldier, and a Sari'man Soldier, right?
We need a Sari'man Infiltrator to round the loop
Can I make a post before the next Shepost so I can be an enlisted instead of recruited?

Last edited:
Hey guys... Sorry that I've been MIA for the time being. I nearly jumped from my seat when I saw a player make a quarian. Anyway loving these ideas and giving myself ideas for my Drell.

@Archangel So if Erif is on Omega does this mean we will be having a two section story? Regarding one side being with Shepard and his appointed crew and the other side with Syth, Shak'yra, Aria, and Erif on Omega? Is that what you are getting at Archangel?

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished my CS in case anyone wanted to know >.>

@Erranruin
Is this the part where I feel flattered? Or do I just stand here and make my mandibles blush?

Status
Not open for further replies.