Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad! I've been swarmed with work but tonight is the start of my weekend ie I can stay up late. So there should be a char sheet by tomorrow. :)

So like I had simply just forgot to hit send.

BUT THEN IT WONKED OUT AND I CAN'T GET MUH PRECIOUS CHAR BACK.

So Melon's gotta rewrite everything.

8*D

I'll have it finished by tonight though.

Alright, I'll express my tentative interest. I am going through some family stuff right now and am currently on a 2day bus ride so I have no idea if I'll be able to follow through on said interest, but I am present. And have been stalking this roleplay in the shadows. It's cool, it was not in the creepy way. Mostly.

@Melonica
Dude, start typing your sheets in a goddamn word document or something. IT'S REALLY EASY.

@Spectre of the Fade
The creepy way would be entirely appropriate, given the RP's subject matter. Hope you can get involved, too.

tumblr_n5hbdpWg4c1scrnsao1_1280.jpg

Name: Gabe "Green" Peridoe
Overview: Though Green is an electronic musician and disk jockey prodigy by trade, the bass-boosted tunes he blasts through the club speakers are the only remotely loud thing about him. His quiet tendencies can creep people out, but if he chooses to open up to you, you can count on him for anything.

Appearance: Green is of average height for his age, but built like a fragile twig. His black hair doesn't look particularly well-maintained either, and the green highlights make him easy to pick out from a crowd. His mousy face makes him look a few years younger than he actually is, much to his chagrin, but his vibrant green eyes can convey any emotion he chooses with ease. He feels naked without his expensive black over-ear headphones, which wrap around the back of his neck rather than over the top of his head.

Personality: Green was never all that social. He's extremely quiet and introverted, only talking when he needs to -- and he rarely needs to. If he hasn't given you the honor of hearing him speak, the only way to get him to say more than a few words is to talk to him over IM or text. Or put his life on the line. Control is important to him, whether it's over who knows what about him or just how things are organized; it might be difficult for an outsider to figure out his reasoning but there's always a method to his madness. The only exception is when he's exploring the city, where he'll throw himself to chance and wander aimlessly, just enjoying the thrum of all the activity around him.

History: When he was a kid living in bustling Los Angeles, Green made a vow never to speak out loud unless his life depended on it. He would only use online chat programs or body language to communicate, and when asked why, he would either shrug or say there's nothing worth saying, depending on the communication medium. He made exceptions for his family, however, including his younger brother Jake. Though he didn't get along with the extroverted young man, they were still related and communicated regularly. Even when Green left home for college, Jake would sometimes send him well-crafted lyrics to go with his songs.

Green always had an interest in music -- to be expected, since the Peridoes had been in anything from radio hosting to orchestra conducting for generations -- and he had a knack for remixing songs live, as they were playing. Over time his childhood vow of silence softened out of necessity, but it had left its mark, and shortly after leaving middle school was when he abandoned his real name for the stage name he planned on using when he made it big, "DJ Green." He graduated high school at 16 and immediately went into college to study broadcasting. His time has been split by his part-time job at a small club within walking distance of his apartment, as well as his hobby of writing electronic music which has earned him a small cult following on a few indie websites. He lives a fairly normal life as a college sophomore. Being kidnapped was never part of the plan.

Hopes: Green dreams about having his very own nightclub, where he works as the DJ and everyone knows his name. Barring that, he would also be happy making a living off of his music.
Fears: Green has a light case of hemophobia; the sight of blood makes him feel anxious and dizzy, though he's never passed out from it. He also fears driving away those closest to him, particularly his brother Jake and his best friend Richard Japster.

Name: Angel Parker
Overview: No matter what people tell you, they're gonna look out for number one. Some people just don't have the balls to admit it.

Appearance: [spoili]
291a8ad81ef180a9cb36594c7f75a200.jpg
[/spoili]

Personality:
A classic heartbreaker, Angel looks glossy and pretty on the outside but underneath those fluttering lashes is a shrewd and manipulative mind. You would be wrong if you were to call her evil, at least in the traditional sense. She doesn't commit crimes and doesn't do anything with the sole intention of hurting people. That distinction makes all the difference for her, even if it isn't a comfort to the people she stepped on along the way.

In Angel's experience, everyone is going to screw you over as soon as they get the chance. She's only looking out for her own best interests, just like she expects everyone else to do. She views people who pretend to be altruistic and selfless as far more devious than she is. In her opinion, those altruistic people will probably drop that saint act real fast when their ass is actually on the line. They can preach all they want but she's been let down too many times to believe someone even as far as she can throw them - and she is not a particularly strong woman.

History:
Born to a white father and a black mother, Angel is biracial. While she refuses to admit that it defines her, it certainly influenced the way that she grew up. To her, it isn't important to mention that she grew up barely getting by with her family trying to stretch government assistance as far as it would go to make ends meet. Everything combined to be the perfect storm when she entered school. Her clothes were wrong, her hair was wrong (it took a series of terrible haircuts to find someone who could help her unusual unruly, kinky hair), and she didn't seem to own even one thing that had been bought new.

When she was five years old, Angel's father packed his bags one day and just never came back. Bewildered by the fact that he had been there one day and just vanished the next, Angel wasn't sure what to think about it. Her momma cried a lot when she thought that Angel couldn't see her. In her head, Angel made up stories about how he had been taken away by a powerful wizard to save the world. Two years later, though, the judge tracked him down and found him living with another woman and their new baby. That was Angel's first taste of cowards who only wanted to fulfill their own desires and she never forgot it.

When she was almost sixteen, Angel got her first job working in a store that sold CDs. She was over the moon about it and couldn't wait to have some money so that she could finally buy things for once. She met her boyfriend there, a nineteen-year-old who had already graduated. For her, it was puppy love and she was willing to trust him to a certain degree. She was actually pretty innocent about the whole thing and let herself believe that he really cared about her.

Things were going great until she was closing up the store one night and he asked her to open the locked doors for him so that he could come in and see her. Who would know? She caved and let him in, feeling the thrill from doing something against the rules and on a romance high. She came down from it pretty fast, though, when he tried to convince her that they could just take a few things and nobody would know. He didn't care that she could get fired, didn't care how much her job meant to her, how important it was for her to have that money and that freedom... just another example of people who didn't actually care about her. She dropped him like a pile of trash and let her heart grow colder.

After that, she changed how she viewed relationships. She went on dates with lots of guys, most of them older than her by a lot. She let them buy her things and then stopped answering their calls when they wanted more from her than she was willing to give.

She attended community college and got an associates degree in accounting, working as a teller in a bank. She still lets guys take her to nice restaurants, buy her shoes, all that. She feels like it's a transaction - they want a pretty woman to pay attention to them and she wants to eat overpriced linguine.

Hopes: In the deepest recesses of her heart, she wants someone to really love her. She's a secret romantic and she desperately wants unconditional love and a feeling of security.

Fears: Sometimes, Angel wonders if she's some kind of unlovable monster who isn't worthy of the kind of love she craves. She is afraid that there is something broken about her that nobody can love and she'll be alone her entire life. Her second place fear is that she will find love and will subsequently fuck everything up because she's such a broken person.

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Owin Norris, gray, solid"]

Name: Owin Norris

Overview: An analytical thinker who puts logic above all else. His composure rarely falters in any situation. However, this is one thing that can bring him to his knees....

Personality: Apathetic. That's the first word that comes to anyone's mind when they think of Owen. He shows very little interest or concern for other people. Most people that are in his life are there because they provide some sort of benefit to him. He doesn't particularly care about helping others, unless of course he gains a favor out of it.

History: Born into an upper-class, no, filthy rich family, Owin didn't have much of a struggle in his younger years. His father is the CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank in Chicago, and his mother a head nurse at the local hospital.

Even at a young age, Owin was a brilliant mind. He graduated high school at the age of sixteen, and had a practically free pass to Harvard. However, Owin surprised his parents when he dropped out after only a semester. He was clearly smart enough, his grades were almost perfect--it should've been easy.

It was. Too easy for him. He wanted more of a challenge. His parents called him absurd and that he was throwing away such a great potential. What could be better than Harvard?

Simple.

He was going to be different than his parents high-salary jobs. He wanted to truly experience the harshness of life. Not for a humbling experience, no not at all, he just despised his parents for coddling him so much. He wanted to prove that he was better than them and could do just fine without all that high-end shit.

So he settled with going to a less private university and became a Medical Ethics Consultant. Such a step down, huh? Well, it was to him. Compared to his father's job.

So I guess you could say he is fooled into thinking he has it hard.

He doesn't even know the half of what the lower-class citizens experience....

Hopes: To excel at life despite his 'hardships' and remain above the average citizen.

Fears: -Being brought down to the level of the middle-class people.....or even worse, the lower-class.
-He is secretly scared of losing his attractiveness as he ages. Or, you know, some horrible accident that just ruins that pretty face of his.~

[/fieldbox]

I'm working on my sheet, sorry for delays. Had to drop my dad off by the hospital and not too sure if it's a day thing or more. Anyway, progress has started. ^_^'

Edit: Done now! :D
Name: Kamala Patel

Overview: Kamala's a relatively new immigrant to Canada, having moved around five years ago. Originally from India, she still has a hard time getting used to the differences in both language barriers and culture clashes.

aditi.gif_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.gif
Appearance:
Kamala is around 5'3 and weighs approximately 118 lbs. Her skin tone is a dark tan, or as she likes to describe it, the colour of milk tea. Her face is long and narrow, as is her nose, on which she likes to wear a simple cubic zirconia stud. Her chin has a soft cleft that her parents love but she, not so much. Her hair is thick and straight, reaching mid back. She usually has it open or tied in a ponytail.

While she really loves the clothes from back home, she's trying her hardest to fit in with Western norms. Kamala tends to wear long full sleeve tops, mostly dark colours ranging from black to burgundy.a long with her top, she wears long flowing skirts, mostly dark again, sometimes with patterns. For footwear, she tends to wear black slip-o shoes or a pair of converse shoes.

She wears a loose scarf over her head, but she isn't too strict about covering her hair.

Personality: Kamala is both friendly and polite, having grown up in a family that values manners and respect, especially to one's elders. She has a sense of humour, but she's careful among who she shows it to, not wanting to be disrespectful or hurt anyone's feelings. Since she's the youngest of six children, she's rather quiet from always being shut down, or she remains that way because she knows she will be ignored. She can be rather shy and embarrassed in public, especially since she looks and sounds different from most people in her new country; she knows she doesn't have the coolest accent around.

On the other hand, when she is around other misfits or animals, she blooms, becoming much more expressive and talkative.

History: Kamala was born in a relatively wealthy family back in Hyderabad, India. She was the youngest of six children, the eldest being ten years older than her. Her father was out working in Dubai for the most part, while her mother left most of the work to the servants in the house, having fun, going shopping, that sort of thing. Kamala was raised mostly by her two older sisters, Aatika and Sadiya. They were loving enough, and she seemed to want for nothing, besides her parents' affections.

Then her sisters were married off to two respectable young men, and Kamala was left with her two brothers, the other two studying in universities in England. By this time, she was ten years of age. Her remaining brothers, Harris and Amir, were not too fond of hanging around their baby sister. Not having much human attention on her any longer, Kamala took to befriending the household pets and pests alike. The servants weren't too pleased, but her parents told the work not to bother their daughter; as long as she was happy and they didn't have to do anything extra to achieve that happiness, they were fine.

When Kamala turned sixteen years of age, her father had decided they were to move to Canada. Immigration taken care of, they migrated more than halfway across the world. To say she was upset was an understatement. She was used to heat while this new country was as cold as a freezer. It took a while before she finally adjusted to the climate.

Of course, she soon came to learn that the winter cold was the easier part of Canada to get used to. Being a teenager in high school with a weird accent was not the easiest situation to find oneself in. Not to say that everyone was a big jerk to her; many found the new girl from East Asian to be something of an exotic mystery. Kamala, however, wasn't used to this sort of attention, and this easily made her even more of a recluse, aside from a few other students who managed to catch her attention.

Fast-forwarding a few years, Kamala graduated from high school with good grades. Contrary to her parents desires that she become a doctor, she decided she wanted to become a veterinarian instead. They decided they would start finding proposals for her. So far, she has done a good job rejecting them all and pursuing her dreams. To what end... who knows?

Hopes: Kamala hopes to one day become a wildlife conservationist. Maybe even live in Africa and take care of big cats. As for more realistic hopes, she wants to be able to fall in love and marry someone of her own choice rather than someone her parents forced on her.

Fears: She fears failure and disappointing her family... yet she also fears obeying her parents and giving up on her dreams.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Takumi and Shambles
I'll have mine up sometime this weekend!

[fieldbox="] Halvard Hansen [, #7D3C98, solid, 10, book antiqua"]
9799fc894cc5d91003e05fbfb665ebc8.jpg

39 | Male | Blonde hair | Brown eyes | 5'11" | Chaotic Neutral
Overview: A cheerful and charismatic carpenter with an alarmingly dark sense of humor and a seriously intense love for video games.

Appearance:
"Got this lovely scar on my thigh where I shot myself with my Hilte. Fun hospital trip, that. My foreman tried to give me a lecture, but it's hard to 'get serious about safety' while doped up on really good painkillers."
Standing at an average height, Hal's not a particularly impressive or intimidating individual. His hair is blond and approaching short, typically combed back or forward in a messy fashion, with a trimmed beard that's more ginger in color covering his cheeks and chin. Scars dot his body, many of them small and easily explained as they're products of his work. A few are larger and have darker stories. He also has a color tattoo of the World Tree on his right bicep, its design Nordic. His fashion sense tends towards button ups and jeans, typically, usually in blue or cooler reds.

Personality:
"I'd tell you to talk to my dad, but raising the dead and starting the zombie apocalypse just sounds like so much work."
Outwardly, Hal comes off as a polite and social man, chatty about his passions (video games) as well as his work but also happy to listen. He's got a good set of manners and tends to hold doors open or pull chairs out for just about anyone, regardless of gender. His dark sense of humor is noteworthy and noticeable, but that usually doesn't distract from his generally nice personality. In fact, it's usually difficult for others to believe some of the stories of fist fights and more scandalous things he's quite happy to tell if the subject happens to come up in conversation, due to this nice outward personality.

Inwardly, he's a darker individual. Hal is terrified of losing his temper, terrified of losing control, hesitant to trust and hesitant to take kindnesses at their face value. He genuinely wants to help others while simultaneously believing he doesn't deserve help himself. Instead of burying this darker half, Hal channels what he can into his extraordinarily dark sense of humor.

History:
"Abusive childhood? Check. Difficulties in school? Check. Anger issues I haven't fully worked through because of emotional constipation? Check. Issues finding and keeping healthy relationships? Check. I am the cliche protagonist of an action movie."
Hal was born to Anette Ronning and Charles Hansen in Portland, Oregon, and was a healthy baby destined for a difficult life. His parents split when he was but a toddler, his mother retaking her maiden name and finding a new and far more passive husband. Hal wouldn't know or meet his actual father til he was a teenager. He had two younger siblings, borne of his mother's second husband, the first being a brother and the second being a sister. Anette was unkind to all three but was the worst to her eldest.

In hindsight, Hal is of the opinion she took her feelings about his father out on him, as well as placing responsibility for the other two's mistakes on his shoulders. He's also fairly sure the divorce broke something in her, that she wasn't of a rational mindset and that was the source of her treatment of her children. However, he doesn't keep contact with his mother and doesn't know either for certain.

The first real incident of abuse was when he was ten years old. His younger brother, only six at the time, broke his leg when he fell from a tree in a park near their family home. Instead of taking the poor child to the hospital, she drowned him in their bathtub. When Hal came home from school, she screamed that his brother had been "broken" in response to his question of why, and she hit him for the first time. Not the last, however. Bullying and being cruel to those he went to school with became his chosen outlet, and that cruel streak only worsened as he got older and his mother worsened. His step-father's refusal to act on, and occasional encouragement of, Anette only compounded on top of the problem, worsening Hal's behaviors.

He was sixteen when his world began to change for the positive. His father dropped by Hal's school one day, and while it took quite a lot of convincing (and describing his mother) for Hal to believe that the man really was his father, he eventually agreed to go with him. Over a few months, they built up a good rapport, and his father taught Hal a skill set that that would become a career: carpentry.

Hal was moved out of his mother's house before the age of seventeen, and a working apprentice of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters before the age of nineteen. He was twenty eight, living with his current significant other and building concrete forms, when his father died. A massive heart attack, the doctors said. Hal was the only one who went to his funeral, and the only one to look after his ashes. The fact he was the only one who really knew his father, with everyone else thinking of the man as an asshole or some minor part of their lives, was a difficult thing to process, especially for someone as closed off and hard to be around as Halvard was then.

It took years, but Halvard shaped himself into someone less difficult to deal with, someone less angry, and he knows he still has so much more to work on to improve as a person. He will, though. Above all things, he doesn't want to die and be forgotten.

Hopes: Retire and make enough off his pension to do nothing but play video games all day; Improve as a person; Improve as a gamer
Fears: Spiders and bugs; Dying as his father did; Losing the save data on his consoles

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Takumi
MAJOR W.I.P. (just being lazy right now sorry)
[spoili]
000514QXE6P1YUC4-C411.jpg

Name:
Marie Vance Carter
Overview: Ms. Carter is nothing short of a pessimistic work-a-holic feminist, dedicated to the field of science (specifically, chemical engineering) and hardly finding time for relationships.

Appearance:

Personality: ((What is your character like? What sort of a person are they?))
History: ((Where has your character come from? What's their background? Give us a brief overview of who they are and what has brought them to this point.))

Hopes: ((What are your character's hopes and ambitions? Where do they want to be in life?))
Fears: ((What scares your character? What keeps them up at night?))[/spoili]​

Last edited:
Welp I thought I had the time for this but I can't even sit down to finish a character sheet properly 8D

get rekt me!

Have fun guys :)

5652852.jpg

Appearance:

Standing at five' four", Ted is like many old people. Gray hair, wrinkled face, and skin flaps, he wears a pair of glasses thanks to his degrading vision. He'll typically wear clothes seen in the picture and has a couple of scars on his torso. He's constantly leaning on his walking stick, giving him the appearance of a hunchback.Ted also says he used to be quite the looker and even has a picture to show for it though oddly enough, it looks like it was photoshopped.
Name:
Ted Fritz
Overview:
A grumpy American veteran who has no love for bullshit.

Personality:
"The stereotypical grumpy, patriotic old man, that's my schtick. I have no love for bullshit either so if you start doing it, expect my hitting stick finding your head! Though I'll go easier on the ladies."*Wiggles eyebrows suggestively*

History:
Born and raised in a small town, Ted grew up in a time period when America was still supposedly great. His father and grandfather had been career soldiers so he joined a military school, did average, and ended up fighting a war. Throughout the conflict he would be deployed to various battles where he shouted insults at the enemy, earning him the nickname 'Barking Dog'.

During one battle, Ted would receive a grievous leg wound resulting in a walking cane early in life and he was medically discharged. While he was annoyed that he couldn't continue fighting for his country, Ted accepted it and settled down in life as a small business owner.

Now he's among a bunch of youngsters and a murderous person who clearly has no respect for veterans. How will Ted survive?!

Hopes:
"The U.S. will rule the world, one day, one day very soon."

"Living the American Dream by hard-work and sweat! Something that this generation clearly lacks!"

"Must. Complete. Old-Timey. Porno. Collection."

"Great, now I have to survive a murderer to see my family and friends. Hopefully bingo night is still a go."

"I want to die gloriously."

Fears:

*Looks at Trump*
"Dark days are coming for America."

"Science better figure out a way to restore vision before I lose my sight! I don't want to see black!"

"Are we bound to lose family stability and moral fiber?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.