Magicka Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Has received RP invite on profile page*
*Is poking head in to take a look at the RP*

Seems fairly simple/basic at the present moment, but there's definitely some potential here to expand it into more.
Jorick already gave a number of great ideas, but there is one other idea I wish to add as well in my tired about to go bed state.
I noticed the OP seems to very clearly paint Avalon as the villains, which granted can work from a tyrannical leader.
Though I couldn't help but think back to the fire emblem games I've played (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn specifically) where although one nation was being painted a clear villain (In Path of Radiance's case, Daein) it was later exposed to be more complex than that.

Daein was lead by a Mad King, who was wicked and evil by just about every sense of the word, perfect to set up a lot of tensions and greed that a nation like Avalon is. However, it was really just him and *most* of his High Generals that were psychos. While all the towns folk and a fair amount of Normal Generals were good honest people, they just wanted to live their daily lives, not be part of the war, and protect those they cared about. To the point where even though they were the aggressor nation, their townsfolk grew a strong hatred towards the defending nation of Crimea for storming in and fighting back, which caused a lot of their loved ones to die in the fighting.

Now replace Daein with Avalon and Crimea with Aurora. What I'm saying is that I think it might aid the RP immensely if we look at the honest and sincere struggles of people on both sides of the war. Show that everyone is suffering and being affected by such a thing, rather than simply take a route of Good VS Evil, crush the evil nation and everyone cheers sort of gimmick.

Anyways, like I said above I'm explaining this in a "tired, about to go to bed" state so I not not be explaining this too well.
If so I can clarify tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
That's what I was shooting for but I like to leave my plots a little open ended so that people can do their own thing. :3

Fair enough.

I'll probably be making a character in the next few days.

Reactions: Lewi
g_l_a_d_i_o_l_u_s___f_i_na_l_f_a_n_t_a_s_y_xv_by_kisse_san-d6nob9w.png

Name: Allistair Yagari
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Place of Origin: Antiva
Current Home: Ferelden ( Lol Dragon Age gotta love it)
Aligns With: Aurora (Rebel Leader)
Background: Allistair grew up as a very rowdy child , he lost both his parents when he was very young and was raised on the streets until he was taken in by someone who taught him how to fight and how to live. He was raised by his mentor to always help those that were in need. Growing fed up about how people were being treated by the Avoloniens (XD) he started fighting them in anyway he could , he slowly started recruiting people to his cause. As his numbers swelled they became more organized , and started to look more and more like an army.
Other:

I like it. @MaskedDemon just one thing. If he's the rebel leader wouldn't he be a thatchett? Or did you have something else in mind? Accepted by the way.

Well he is the public leader where the thatchetts would be behind the scenes

@Lewi Did you make a character?

How long until we start this rp , just want to know so I can put aside time for it.

All right sounds good to me I might know some people who would be interested I will give them a shout.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Aww I didn't get any alerts for this and now my spot was taken T^T

What spot is that ?

I was gonna make the rebel leader actually, I asked about it on like the first page xD
But I guess I have to make something else

I'm sure if you ask Lewi there can be two leaders

I guess, but I don't want to mess things up or something

This looks interesting, but I'll have to hold off on making a decision until I have time to read through everything better.

@Minami I'm sorry I go by who puts up a CS first. You could be the thatchett. She said something about being the private rebellion leader and the thatchers supporting it publicly and politically.

Status
Not open for further replies.