MAFIA

If anyone can think of an easier method, though, I'd be happy to hear it.
Idk if this would actually be easier, but what about doing it through Discord? It's totally A-okay to have multiple Discord accounts (as far as I know), and the Reaper could talk directly with their target that way.

Idk if this would actually be easier, but what about doing it through Discord? It's totally A-okay to have multiple Discord accounts (as far as I know), and the Reaper could talk directly with their target that way.
Wouldn't that kind of destroy the concept of playing mafia on Iwaku though? Also, I check my discord about once every blue moon, and I doubt I'm the only one...

• Useful
Reactions: Daz
I considered this, but I wondered if it would be more effort than me just copy/pasting emails messages (brain fart). It would require setting up an anonymous email, setting up a discord account for the anonymous email, me verifying the discord account belongs to the reaper OR me giving the discord account password the reaper, making sure anyone the reaper wanted to trap for the night has a discord account, and me going on discord as well as Iwaku every time I'm checking up on mafia night progression. Although once set up it would certainly be easier, I don't know if all the set up is worth it. Another potential issue is someone the reaper traps not having a discord account, since it means they'd have to make one solely to chat to the reaper. In summary, I'm still weighing up whether the pros out-weigh the cons for this one.

Wouldn't that kind of destroy the concept of playing mafia on Iwaku though? Also, I check my discord about once every blue moon, and I doubt I'm the only one...
I dunno about the destroying the concept of playing mafia on Iwaku thing, since Iwaku does have a dedicated Discord server that is pretty active, and most of the RPs I've been in here have dedicated discord servers. o_o

I dunno about the destroying the concept of playing mafia on Iwaku thing, since Iwaku does have a dedicated Discord server that is pretty active, and most of the RPs I've been in here have dedicated discord servers. o_o
I can see both sides. It does feel weird in some sense to take part of mafia off-site, but at the same time it's pretty normal to use discord to support Iwaku stuff. What would definitely be an issue is people who don't use discord or have it but don't regularly check it though.

Reactions: Joan
@Joan
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Kimberlyn
@Luster
@Pf.D
@Kiilgore
@Dipper
@An Otaku
@Starlighter
@Matizze
@IceQueen

Role List:
[spoili]
2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive. Vampires may speak to each other at night.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Pumpkin - A town role who is prepared to kill those who conspire against the town. The Pumpkin is able to target a player to kill at night. If their killing attempt is unsuccessful, they may attempt to kill someone again on another night. If the pumpkin is successful in their killing attempt then they may not attempt to kill someone again. If the Pumpkin kills a member of the town they shall commit suicide on the following night.
[/spoili]

The roles have been generated! I will PM each of you with your role now, including a description of what your role does. Please do not share your role with anyone else. As soon as you receive your role you can consider the night phase to have begun, and PM me with your action. The night phase will end on Wednesday at 7:30pm (BST), with a max extension of one day (since there shouldn't be much to be done on night one).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I forgot to put that vampires can talk at night in the role description, but it should go without saying anyway. Just so everyone knows for sure though: the vampires can talk at night.

Update 2: ...also, ignore the fact ghosts can roleblock other ghosts. Originally there were 2.

<3 @Daz you are a hoot and a half.

SO I'm not going to have internet access for at least a few days because of circumstances beyond my control. :/ @Daz can tell you more if you really want to know, but...yeah.

SO I'm not going to have internet access for at least a few days because of circumstances beyond my control. :/ @Daz can tell you more if you really want to know, but...yeah.
I can explain if anyone asks, but as Joan said it's beyond her control. I'll adjust the number of votes required to lynch someone if needed, but aside from that it hopefully shouldn't affect things too much.

I'm back o_o I'll read everything tomorrow, since I have over 90 alerts to catch up with and have to go to bed soon, but I'm back and shouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon, thankfully.

Everyone's dying and the town is on fire.

You haven't missed much.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Matizze
Hello, I am interested in playing future rounds of this game. Ehow do I know when sign ups are?

Reactions: An Otaku
Hello, I am interested in playing future rounds of this game. Ehow do I know when sign ups are?
Good on you to want to join Chaos. Most people just turn the other way and blitz, haha.

But the next game will occur a bit after this present one is finished. Game Master Daz usually updates future games, and details of present games, in this thread so I would recommend you put a 'Watch Thread' for this to stay updated. I'd say our present game will likely take all of October, so next game might be around.... late November possibly. Just a guess though.

Alright thanks mang, I will be sure to follow.

I have mostly played this as a in person party game but I am familiar with forum variants so I am excited to see how this all unfolds :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
@Joan
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Kimberlyn
@Luster
@Pf.D
@Kiilgore
@Dipper
@An Otaku
@Starlighter
@Matizze
@IceQueen

I am going to have to cancel this round of mafia. I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience, but I am leaving Iwaku. Without going into too much detail, all the changes and scary new experiences that going to university involves has triggered an old mental health issue I have. I suddenly have found myself in a bad place mentally, and unable to cope with a lot of things I could just weeks ago. So I am leaving Iwaku because I don't feel like I can currently cope with dedicating myself to activities on here, and so that I have more time to focus on mending myself. I hope once I've recovered and am in a good place again that I will return Iwaku, and there's a good chance I'll start mafia again when I do. Until then though, I'm afraid this is goodbye. I might pop on occasionally to just say hi everyone, see how everyone's doing, but don't expect it.

My apologies.

I am going to have to cancel this round of mafia. I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience, but I am leaving Iwaku. Without going into too much detail, all the changes and scary new experiences that going to university involves has triggered an old mental health issue I have. I suddenly have found myself in a bad place mentally, and unable to cope with a lot of things I could just weeks ago. So I am leaving Iwaku because I don't feel like I can currently cope with dedicating myself to activities on here, and so that I have more time to focus on mending myself. I hope once I've recovered and am in a good place again that I will return Iwaku, and there's a good chance I'll start mafia again when I do. Until then though, I'm afraid this is goodbye. I might pop on occasionally to just say hi everyone, see how everyone's doing, but don't expect it.

My apologies.

*tries to find an appropriate reaction among the buttons*

Damn, are you okay? Please don't strain yourself and rest up properly - don't worry about us!!

Also, I'm sure someone else could take over as mafia GM. It might not quite reach the pristine Daz-quality, but I'm sure we'll manage!

• Thank You
It's a-okay, Daz. Take your time, feel better, and if you do return to us, we'll be waiting. Good luck with university.

• Thank You