MAFIA

@Daz Trust me,the werewolf is fine. If you want to make him more powerful, just have it where he kills anyone who visits his assigned house. (Ie fairy visits target. Target and fairy die)

Also, if I may make a suggestion. Make a vampire cap of either 5 or 6. This forces some interesting decision making and can throw town for a loop. (Ie vampires hanging vampires to make more vampires)
Hm... maybe he could only kill people who visit him on nights he cannot attack? Although I personally dislike having abilities that kill visitors, since it discourages people from using their abilities, which is no fun. That's just a personal preference though, I'll still consider it as a way to buff werewolf.

I was considering a vampire cap, thanks for reminding me about that. I might even cap it as low as 4, since even 4 vampires are hard to take out, especially when they can easily replace the fourth member.

So many roles... keeping track, mental death.... Help me.
(×﹏×)

Let's do it~
I'll definitely be stickying the role list to the top of the day thread.

Something I might change is how the phases work. I have a couple of questions I'd like you guys to answer in regards to the phases:
3 - Should I continue to give extensions whenever requested, but only up to a specific extension limit? For example, the discussion phase could be 3 days long to begin with, and be extended to a maximum of 5 extra days. This way the phases can end within a few days if little is going on, but can be longer if necessary. It also means that town can't just extend a phase indefinitely if they are too indecisive to come to a consensus on an issue, so there is more pressure on the town to use their day time wisely.

I'm in for this round!

Also, I like this idea for changing how the phases work. I'd never really thought about it, but now you mention it allowing the town to extend the day phase indefinitely kind of does give them a bit of an unfair advantage.

Reactions: Daz and Joan
Ooh, I'm in for this round as well!

Uh, from a former mafia-perspective, I feel like we should take it easy on the extensions of the day phase. After all, that's what got me killed, and with how short the night phases is, it's hard for us bad guys to come up with any real strategies...

I look forward to the new, cool roles though! :D

Reactions: An Otaku and Daz
Current Players (11):
Joan
Lost-and-Bewildered
LuckycoolHawk9
Kimberlyn
Luster
Pf.D
Kiilgore
Dipper
An Otaku
Starlighter
Matizze

Also, I like this idea for changing how the phases work. I'd never really thought about it, but now you mention it allowing the town to extend the day phase indefinitely kind of does give them a bit of an unfair advantage.
Uh, from a former mafia-perspective, I feel like we should take it easy on the extensions of the day phase. After all, that's what got me killed, and with how short the night phases is, it's hard for us bad guys to come up with any real strategies...
Thanks for the feedback you guys! Do you guys have any suggestions for how long the maximum extension should be? Or if that's not how you'd like the phases altered, then exactly how would you like to see them altered?

I'd say a max extension of five or six days is probably long enough?

• Useful
Reactions: Daz
So here are the current likely updates to be made:
- Add a line to the vampire role description stating that there can only be a maximum of 4 vampires at any one time.
- Remove line suggesting a werewolf buff. For now, I've concluded to not buff him. This may change if I find a suitable way to buff him though.
- Add a line confirming the bat and cat may talk to one another. Remove idea of renaming them, since no-one has complained about the similarity of the names.
- Add a detailed explanation of limiting how many extensions can be made to a phrase.

I'm going to give a few more days for feedback before I make these updates to the current role list and game explanation. So... that's where things are right now.

I'm sorry. I don't think I can really offer feedback on roles or anything since I'm such a newbie. But, like. This probably isn't what you want to hear since you're looking to feedback, Daz, but even so...

I trust you!
(o・ω・o)

I'm sorry. I don't think I can really offer feedback on roles or anything since I'm such a newbie. But, like. This probably isn't what you want to hear since you're looking to feedback, Daz, but even so...

I trust you!
(o・ω・o)
Daz gains one confidence!
Daz loses one knowledge!

Seriously though, thanks for your vote of confidence, even if you don't have any feedback to give.

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Icey gon play again, and win this time

Icey gon play again, and win this time
Glad to have you join us!

Current Players (12):
Joan
Lost-and-Bewildered
LuckycoolHawk9
Kimberlyn
Luster
Pf.D
Kiilgore
Dipper
An Otaku
Starlighter
Matizze
IceQueen

This means I need to add another role to the current list, which will probably be a town killing role. I'll try to do that within the next couple of days, since I'm hoping to start on the first of October.

Role List Presuming 12 Players:

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost may roleblock another ghost's roleblock. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The reaper may choose the execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Pumpkin - A town role who is prepared to kill those who conspire against the town. The Pumpkin is able to target a player to kill at night. If their killing attempt is unsuccessful, they may attempt to kill someone again on another night. If the pumpkin is successful in their killing attempt then they may not attempt to kill someone again. If the Pumpkin kills a member of the town they shall commit suicide on the following night.

I'll be starting the game on October 1st. I'm not going to specify a time because I'm still getting used to a new schedule now I've started uni, but expect the roles to be assigned some time on October 1st.
(I think that's everything, let me know if I've forgotten something)

@Daz So, what happens if the fairy heals the jailor when he has the werewolf and doesn't execute? Does the fairy live in this scenario?

Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night.
So, hang on, does that mean that all conversation has to go through you, or will the Reaper be revealed to everyone they capture?

So, hang on, does that mean that all conversation has to go through you, or will the Reaper be revealed to everyone they capture?
Good point to bring up! Since the Reaper shouldn't be revealed, the conversation shall indeed have to go through me.

Good point to bring up! Since the Reaper shouldn't be revealed, the conversation shall indeed have to go through me.
Wouldn't that make the conversation highly ineffective though, as it sort of puts a lot of strain on you to be online 24/7? How about making a throw-away-account on Iwaku especially for the reaper-interactions and give the reaper the password instead?

Do you guys have any suggestions for how long the maximum extension should be? Or if that's not how you'd like the phases altered, then exactly how would you like to see them altered?

Oh, I totally missed this one, sorry!
Um, this may be crazy, but how about putting a cap on extension days instead of limiting each day phase? Like, have the cap be 20 days that can be distributed over the whole game? However, that would sort of rely on the fact that the mafia doesn't spend all of them on the first day to gain an unfair advantage later on as it would force the town to come to a decision before the time runs out... except that would kind of make the mafia reveal themselves... okay, I think I've lost my original line of thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it may take editing to the role list, but the jailor in forum mafia is usually a roleblock and protect at the same person from one person.

(So A is jailor and Jails B.
B is roleblocked, but if B was targeted for a kill, they'd survive because they were jailed instead.)

That way, less stress for Daz to be online during the night phase for vital communications.

Wouldn't that make the conversation highly ineffective though, as it sort of puts a lot of strain on you to be online 24/7? How about making a throw-away-account on Iwaku especially for the reaper-interactions and give the reaper the password instead?
A throw-away account would be super not allowed. You are only allowed one account on Iwaku, you can't have extras for any reason. For something as simple as copy-pasting messages, I think I can check Iwaku regularly throughout the day to do that. Night conversations tend be fairly slow and simple anyway, so I'm unlikely to miss much while I'm sleeping or whatever. If anyone can think of an easier method, though, I'd be happy to hear it.

Oh, I totally missed this one, sorry!
Um, this may be crazy, but how about putting a cap on extension days instead of limiting each day phase? Like, have the cap be 20 days that can be distributed over the whole game? However, that would sort of rely on the fact that the mafia doesn't spend all of them on the first day to gain an unfair advantage later on as it would force the town to come to a decision before the time runs out... except that would kind of make the mafia reveal themselves... okay, I think I've lost my original line of thought...
Well my idea was to cap how many extension days each phase can have. For example, day one's discussion phase could be 3 days long to begin with, and could be extended for up to 3 more days.

well, it may take editing to the role list, but the jailor in forum mafia is usually a roleblock and protect at the same person from one person.

(So A is jailor and Jails B.
B is roleblocked, but if B was targeted for a kill, they'd survive because they were jailed instead.)

That way, less stress for Daz to be online during the night phase for vital communications.
LESS WORK? MADNESS!

If people like this idea, I'm happy to change the reaper/jailor to have abilities more like the ones you described. Don't worry about creating extra work for me though, it shouldn't be too hard.

@Joan
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Kimberlyn
@Luster
@Pf.D
@Kiilgore
@Dipper
@An Otaku
@Starlighter
@Matizze
@IceQueen

Before we start on Monday 1st October, I would like to check that everyone can still participate. You can rate this post with a cookie to confirm you are still able to participate. If you can no longer participate, please let me now.

Below is the a role list with an updated reaper description to reflect the fact conversations shall be held through me.

[spoili]
Role List Presuming 12 Players:

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost may roleblock another ghost's roleblock. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Pumpkin - A town role who is prepared to kill those who conspire against the town. The Pumpkin is able to target a player to kill at night. If their killing attempt is unsuccessful, they may attempt to kill someone again on another night. If the pumpkin is successful in their killing attempt then they may not attempt to kill someone again. If the Pumpkin kills a member of the town they shall commit suicide on the following night.
[/spoili]

I should be able to participate!

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz