MAFIA

I shall be around. I say Vampires versus unique role townies. @Daz

I don't have any particular ideas, honestly. Vamps sound cool to me XD

• Useful
Reactions: Daz
She wasn't active enough for me to read her properly q_q and in my defense, at the times I thought she was being totally honest, she was, in fact, honest, so...
That's how you lie ;)

Sprinkle in some truth.

I'm down for vamps.

• Useful
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Daz and Joan
You did just fine! But I presume you'll be skipping on the Halloween game? Which is kinda funny, since I'm hoping everyone will have a role with abilities for it, aha.

By the way, please let me know if you do/don't think you'll take part in the next round everyone! Let's me know who to tag n stuff

I'll join if there's a high possibility of getting a role with abilities! But I SwEAr tO gOD if I end up with no ability I will flip out and the world will know by wrath...or, y'know, I might just be disgruntled. Either way. ;)

I think I'd be down with a Halloween round ~

• Thank You
Are we doing role call for the next round? If so, I'm in.

• Thank You
I'm in too.

• Thank You
Oops. Ah, I'm still interested too!

I mean... like, I got literally everything wrong last round... but. I had fun when I wasn't going crazy?

I mean... like, I got literally everything wrong last round... but. I had fun when I wasn't going crazy?
Ah but you still sniffed us all out. Even though you were wrong about the exact nature of why we were suspicious, something still clued you in! I wouldn't say you were going crazy at all. 8D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Inb4 only the staff gets vampires because the randomizer knows that their usernames are already red.

• Bucket of Rainbows

Having fun is the fun part.

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Joan
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Kimberlyn
@Luster
@Pf.D
@Kiilgore
@Dipper
@An Otaku

Currently we have nine people interested, and I'm guessing that at least two more will be showing interest before the game begins. So I have created a rough role list for an 11-player vampire mafia game. I'm especially open to feedback because this time everyone has an ability role and vampires are involved, which could cause things to be unbalanced. If there are any rule clarifications you believe need to be added to the descriptions, please let me know! Note that many of the roles are the same as common mafia roles, but have simply been renamed to fit the Halloween theme: for example, the fairy is basically the same as the doctor.

Role List Presuming 11 Players:

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player. Edit: May need buffing.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost may roleblock another ghost's roleblock. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times. I am considering giving the fairy some sort of other minor ability too, what do you think?
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. If you guys think you'll confuse the bat and cat then I can rename one of them. I'm also considering allowing the bat and cat to have a night chat, so they may communicate with one another at night- what do you think?
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The reaper may choose the execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the fairy's heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks. Note - Considering replacing with a town killing role such as the vigilante.
Edit: I forgot to write this before, but the town's aim in this game is to kill the werewolf and all vampires.

The same voting method as before shall be used. In case you've forgotten, in the voting phase you vote directly against players to get them lynched. If a player receives enough votes before the voting phase ends they shall be lynched. The number of votes needed to lynch someone is ((Total Living Players/2)+1), rounding down when necessary. Also returning from the last game is the dead player chat, since it was a great way to give dead players something to do.

Something I might change is how the phases work. I have a couple of questions I'd like you guys to answer in regards to the phases:
1 - Should I be stricter on how long the phases are? So far I've extended phases whenever requested, since I don't want people to feel they can't contribute just because they are too busy in real life to get a post up in time. However indefinitely extending the day phases gives the town a certain advantage, because they can take as long as they like to consider things.
2 - Should the phases be longer to begin with? If I'm stricter with when the phases end, then it might be a good idea to make them longer in order to give everyone a fair chance to come online and give their contribution. However having longer phases could cause the game to drag on, especially if little is happening during the phase.
3 - Should I continue to give extensions whenever requested, but only up to a specific extension limit? For example, the discussion phase could be 3 days long to begin with, and be extended to a maximum of 5 extra days. This way the phases can end within a few days if little is going on, but can be longer if necessary. It also means that town can't just extend a phase indefinitely if they are too indecisive to come to a consensus on an issue, so there is more pressure on the town to use their day time wisely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign-ups for this round are over, but feel free to reply and say you're interested in the next round!

FOR NEW PLAYERS

Below in the spoiler you can find a summary of how this game of mafia works, which should tell you everything you need to know about how to play. If you still have any questions after reading it, go ahead and ask me!

The current game of mafia we're preparing for won't actually contain any mafia members, since the mafia has been replaced with vampires and a werewolf for a Halloween theme. My first draft of the Halloween role list can be found above, and I'll regularly be posting new versions.

A game begins with me randomly assigning which role each person has using an RNG. I will then PM each player to let them know what their role is. I also typically remind everyone in this thread not to discuss their roles with each other, as that would be considered cheating. Once that is done, the first night phase can begin.

The night phase is done via PM. I'll PM each person with a night role asking how/if they would like to use their night role. Once I have replies from everyone with a night role (or a particular deadline is met if someone isn't replying) then the night actions will resolve and I'll enact any results. For example if person X is killed, then at the end of the night I will inform X that they have been killed, and add/remove them from any PM chats as necessary. Most PMs are between the player and myself only, however some players have the ability to communicate with others at night: if this is the case, it will be stated in their role description.

After each night phase comes the day phase, which is done in a public thread. Every day phase will begin with me announcing who (if anyone) died the previous night, and that it is now the discussion phase until Y time/date. In the discussion half of the day phase everyone is able to talk about who they think is what role, who they want to lynch, and whatever else may be relevant to the game. I may jump in with rule clarifications if I believe someone is confused about the rules. At Y time/date I will announce that the discussion phase is over and that it is now the voting phase until Z time/date- note that the discussion phase can be extended if requested though, and I may choose to extend it myself if I believe discussion is still active. In the voting half of the day phase everyone can vote on who they want to lynch. In order to vote you must publicly announce in the day phase thread that you are voting to lynch X player. I usually give posts which are voting to lynch someone a rating to show I have definitely seen them, and make a post updating the tally of how many votes each player has received (if they have votes- I don't bother listing people with no votes). People are allowed to cancel or change their vote, but you have to post again to do this: I have a policy of no post editing in the day phase thread. Anyway, if someone is voted on by the majority of players (majority = (Total Living Players/2)+1, rounded down when total players is odd) before Z time/date then that player will be lynched. I will write a post informing everyone that X player has been lynched, announce X player's faction, and make any adjustments to PMs as necessary. If nobody receives a majority of the vote before Z time/date then I will announce that nobody has been lynched. When either the post that X has been lynched or nobody is being lynched is made, I also inform everyone that it is now the night phase and that they cannot post in the day phase again until I announce the beginning of the next day phase. You can take a look at a past day phase thread to see what it looks like here.

Any queries people have during the game can be asked in this thread, in the day phase thread if it is currently the day phase, or via PM. Living players are not allowed to discuss the current game "out of character" anywhere. For example, you can't make a post saying you think X is scummy in this thread- you can only do that within the "in character" day phase thread. This is to prevent any meta information being spread. Dead players are allowed to discuss the current game in a special dead player chat only. This means dead players can still have fun discussing their thoughts on the status of the game without influencing the game even though they are dead.

The game ends if the town kills both the werewolf and all vampires, if the vampires convert/kill all the town and the werewolf, or if the werewolf kills everyone. I announce the result of the game in a final post in the day phase thread as soon as any win condition occurs. I usually also reveal what everyone's role was in the same post. After the game is over everyone can discuss their thoughts on the game in this thread, and we usually start planning the next round.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Daz Trust me,the werewolf is fine. If you want to make him more powerful, just have it where he kills anyone who visits his assigned house. (Ie fairy visits target. Target and fairy die)

Also, if I may make a suggestion. Make a vampire cap of either 5 or 6. This forces some interesting decision making and can throw town for a loop. (Ie vampires hanging vampires to make more vampires)

• Useful
So many roles... keeping track, mental death.... Help me.
(×﹏×)

Let's do it~