MAFIA

I would love to play.
That's awesome! Always super glad to see more folks showing interest in this :D But yeah - like Elle said, hang tight, and I'll make sure to tag you for the next round!

Edit: Derp, got ninja'd XD

Reactions: SilverVA
Role suggestion for future games.

Transporter: Can transport two people. Anyone visiting these two people now visits the other.

Example: A and B are transported ( A was mafia, B was town). C, consort who was going to roleblock B now roleblocks A. B is investigated by detective instead of A. Comes up clean.

Many thanks to @Shizuochan for being a sport and creepily keeping an eye out for edited posts! Much appreciated, my friend :D If you wanna join in for the next game, it'd be a pleasure to have you!

@CrystalTears @SilverVA

The current game has just finished! We'll be working on getting everything organized for the next round now, so definitely keep a close eye on this thread!

Welp, gg everyone. This was really fun.

One thing for next time: I think we should ban convo quoting. In reality, anyone should have to be mad to doubt Joan and Pen after Joan dropped the neatened-up convo. Honestly, I'm not sure why people were still iffy on Joan and Pen after that - was it really just because I was running interference? Even I don't have the ego to claim it was all me.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

that is all

nah but ferreal well played guys, still wish @The_J coulda gotten the win because I truly think he deserved it, he would have gotten that win if I hadn't convinced yall you had to lynch and to trust me over him

• Thank You
Reactions: The_J
I don't get the mentality there lol He tried to lynch y'all. I'd have been maddddd.

I don't thinking banning convo messages should be outlawed, since part of the gane is evidence... But I do think it should be plain text instead of quotes, because it's harder to tell that way and harder to prove.

• Love
Reactions: noodle
I don't get the mentality there lol He tried to lynch y'all. I'd have been maddddd.

I don't thinking banning convo messages should be outlawed, since part of the gane is evidence... But I do think it should be plain text instead of quotes, because it's harder to tell that way and harder to prove.
That's relying more on emotion than logic really.

That sounds like a fair solution to me.

That's relying more on emotion than logic really.

That sounds like a fair solution to me.

I mean, to be completely fair, I was highly relying on emotion as well. J is a good friend. Though, it wasn't just emotion--I've got a bit of an idea of how he plays these kinds of games since I've played them some with him before :P

• Love
Reactions: The_J
Welp, gg everyone. This was really fun.

One thing for next time: I think we should ban convo quoting. In reality, anyone should have to be mad to doubt Joan and Pen after Joan dropped the neatened-up convo. Honestly, I'm not sure why people were still iffy on Joan and Pen after that - was it really just because I was running interference? Even I don't have the ego to claim it was all me.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure that just using plain text will completely solve the problem. It's a lot of work to fake messages like that, especially to do so convincingly, which makes it extremely unlikely that anyone playing scum is going to use that as a strategy. For that reason, I kinda felt like it ended up giving the town an unfair advantage, since if no one is going to fake night chat quotes (no matter the format used), they become practically infallible.

I have like 2 pages of notes and suggestions I've been jotting down throughout the game, and this was one of the things I'd included; will be polishing it up and dumping in here tomorrow, probably.

Reactions: Joan
Many thanks to @Shizuochan for being a sport and creepily keeping an eye out for edited posts! Much appreciated, my friend :D If you wanna join in for the next game, it'd be a pleasure to have you!

hey i wonder if this dude knows i wasn't able to keep track after i retired from staff :^)

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure that just using plain text will completely solve the problem. It's a lot of work to fake messages like that, especially to do so convincingly, which makes it extremely unlikely that anyone playing scum is going to use that as a strategy. For that reason, I kinda felt like it ended up giving the town an unfair advantage, since if no one is going to fake night chat quotes (no matter the format used), they become practically infallible.

I have like 2 pages of notes and suggestions I've been jotting down throughout the game, and this was one of the things I'd included; will be polishing it up and dumping in here tomorrow, probably.
Plus, honestly, the only real difference I see between plain text and quotes is that one has quote tags around it and the other doesn't. There CAN be more to that, like member iDs, but that's still easy enough to fake if you just quote a post that the person wrote and copy the member tag.

Reactions: Starlighter
hey i wonder if this dude knows i wasn't able to keep track after i retired from staff :^)
Sheesh, this guy doesn't know how to take a pat on the back.

For real though, that occurred to me XD But you did slave away for most of the game, so I figured a thank you was in order anyway :p

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Aero Blue and Joan
I honestly really enjoyed this game. Also to address @The_J on brining up my ' don't delay lynching', I personally find that it is best to not lynch on the first day as we have no evidence. Sometimes it is more dangerous to lynch than it is to not lynch. As always, I'm surprised I lasted so long, but the mafia played well, especially @7.39 by rarely making a word heard so we were less likely to suspect them.

@Joan pointed out, even if the Tracker was killed in the night phase, the information gathered was still displayed for their partner at the end of the night.

I think Tracker dies during the night, the information that they'd gather that night should be given in a pm separate from the shared one. That way, there is some incentive to keep their partner alive.

@Lusterine As an ex-survivor, I need to know. How many vests did you use in the game?

Lol I was the most useless doctor ever ;_;

Lol I was the most useless doctor ever ;_;
is okay -pats- they got ridiculously lucky tbh, the only person they killed that didn't have a power role was Kiilgore.

@Joan pointed out, even if the Tracker was killed in the night phase, the information gathered was still displayed for their partner at the end of the night.

I think Tracker dies during the night, the information that they'd gather that night should be given in a pm separate from the shared one. That way, there is some incentive to keep their partner alive.
I personally don't agree and think it's a natural part of having a shared night chat.

Lol why are we trying to make the game MORE difficult?? It's hard enough as it is XD

@Lusterine As an ex-survivor, I need to know. How many vests did you use in the game?

2. The first time because I pushed for a lynch, and the mafia could have seen me as an overly aggressive townie. And then the second was when I was showing that I was aligning for town.

I personally don't agree and think it's a natural part of having a shared night chat.

Not necessarily. I think it gives town too much power. Just because tracker and lookout share a chat doesn't mean, in essence, that they should share a role. If you get roleblocked, the one who should know is you, not your partner, because if you die, no one else (including the maf, exe/jester, whoever can claim roleblocked) because your partner knows the truth. Shared chat should be for strategizing (?) and nothing else.