MAFIA

May I ask what clued you two in as to be suspicious of me?
I can't remember my exact logic. It had come down to you (55% maf), LuckycoolHawk (40%), and Dipper (5%). I'll do my best to see if I can recall my reasons...
During the vote to lynch Djinnamon, I think it was Djinn, is where I got the first piece of circumstantial/worthwhile evidence. If my memory serves, my theory was whoever was Maf was incredibly brilliant - at the time I'd assumed Night One was kill-less on purpose to service paranoia, alongside the idea that Luster was used as a scapegoat - and as such wouldn't expose themselves at all. They'd have to be playing the role perfectly, be way too helpful. That's why I figured yourself and Luck. Anyway, I realized it was likely the last mafioso was gearing the others to start lynching the inactives and examined the vote order for Djinnamon's lynching.

-Luck abstained "temporarily." But then, after the others voted, never came back to change. That stood out as suspicious.
-You were third to vote, smack in the middle. To me, this felt like the perfect placement to avoid suspicion typically. Didn't vote possible townie death immediately or last, both of which would've been suspicious. IF NOT for how obviously strategic the mafioso had been playing thus far, thereby making any 'standard' display of suspicion suddenly proof of not being suspicious because of how simple the action would be. Of course, this wasn't proof but it did catch my eye.

I think there was also something about Luster, the other mafioso, that was interesting. I'm speculating because I can't recall, but it had to do with Luster's spoken relations to everyone else. There was a time when Luster was throwing out random speculations for mafioso, which included Lucky. I figured this was a double-fake so Luster could be the fall guy, as he was, and if he'd previously pointed at Lucky, that was possible evidence toward it not being Lucky because a typical Maf wouldn't even think to suggest their own. This both suggested Lucky by way of a reverse-gambit, as I assumed the 2nd Maf was smart enough to pull this off, or it was you simply because your name was voided. To add on to that, I don't believe you ever brought up Luster once. Neither of you, Luster and yourself, seemed keen to acknowledge the other's presence. And at this point, when there were barely any leads (back when there were 5 left), it all came down to who displayed the most significant connections or lack thereof to the only identified Maf.

... Geez, I'm sorry if none of this is making any sense. I really can't remember too well. In the end, it came down to this realization/conclusion: the 2nd Maf was smart. No one had any OVERLY (normally) suspicious tells aside from Dipper, and no one else was displayed any Jester qualities at that point... So (ignoring Dipper) anything that would normally suggest suspicion, pretty much proved innocence. And vice, versa. You and Lucky both provided the most help with theories, were not spokenly keen to start lynching inactives (I think), and had questionable, in my mind, ties to Luster. Once Lucky died, I became convinced you were the Maf... that or Dipper was the genius and that there was no actual Jester and he was faking it, but I won't get into that.
TL;DR the 2nd Maf was incredibly smart. And when five people were left with no one displaying any tells, aside from Dipper being crazy, it came down to (in a stroke of sleep-deprived paranoia) who was too helpful/perfect - leaving you and LuckycoolHawk. There was also how Luster reacted to both of you and vice versa, which suggested either a double-gambit or typical Maf-ness. It was only when Lucky died, that I became pretty sure it was you.

Of course, all this was thrown out the window when I went back to read through Mafia Game #1 (because boredom). On seeing how you acted as a Mafioso there, I was 50/50 on you (in game #2) having learned to not be too forward on suggestions, or it wasn't you at all. Which is what sprouted the Dipper theory because I had no idea and was going crazy. So once Lucky died, my bet shifted to 60/40 for you/Dipper. ┐('~`;)┌

Hopefully this made a little sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kiilgore
Hey, when I got my role, my first thought was 'I need to die as quickly as possible'. You guys are an obstinate bunch.

whoo. goodgame everyone.

@Daz
I'd prefer no passing around, but If it was to be passed around, I'd say limited times. I mean.... we don't want the town to be too op, right?

If we do the no passing around, then the medium, once dead could contact a living person and give them a message. (during the night.) Or something like that.
As for voting system, a more than half to lynch, and if equal inno/guilty then it's a no lynch, and possibly someone else up. (that way, a suspected jester can't be voted up and gamed by saying 'okay. nobody vote guilty.' as to get rid of a suspected mafia/jester without risk)
@Joan
@An Otaku

May I ask what clued you two in as to be suspicious of me?

TBF... that ended up helping us in the end (i'd say.). After all, by calling out Dipper as jester... it could be that you were actually mafia buddies and you wanted to plant that thought into the soil of our minds, letting him get off scott-free. well, trying to anyways.
When you pointed blame at Star, honestly.

You know what is funny... despite Dipper being jester, I found it awfully suspicious that our old mafia were alive for the whole game. So, I like to review... Kiilgore has been mafia twice and I have been town twice. Though @Kiilgore if I may ask, is there a reason that you kept your old cohort alive for the whole game?

I can't remember my exact logic. It had come down to you (55% maf), LuckycoolHawk (40%), and Dipper (5%). I'll do my best to see if I can recall my reasons...
During the vote to lynch Djinnamon, I think it was Djinn, is where I got the first piece of circumstantial/worthwhile evidence. If my memory serves, my theory was whoever was Maf was incredibly brilliant - at the time I'd assumed Night One was kill-less on purpose to service paranoia, alongside the idea that Luster was used as a scapegoat - and as such wouldn't expose themselves at all. They'd have to be playing the role perfectly, be way too helpful. That's why I figured yourself and Luck. Anyway, I realized it was likely the last mafioso was gearing the others to start lynching the inactives and examined the vote order for Djinnamon's lynching.

-Luck abstained "temporarily." But then, after the others voted, never came back to change. That stood out as suspicious.
-You were third to vote, smack in the middle. To me, this felt like the perfect placement to avoid suspicion typically. Didn't vote possible townie death immediately or last, both of which would've been suspicious. IF NOT for how obviously strategic the mafioso had been playing thus far, thereby making any 'standard' display of suspicion suddenly proof of not being suspicious because of how simple the action would be. Of course, this wasn't proof but it did catch my eye.

I think there was also something about Luster, the other mafioso, that was interesting. I'm speculating because I can't recall, but it had to do with Luster's spoken relations to everyone else. There was a time when Luster was throwing out random speculations for mafioso, which included Lucky. I figured this was a double-fake so Luster could be the fall guy, as he was, and if he'd previously pointed at Lucky, that was possible evidence toward it not being Lucky because a typical Maf wouldn't even think to suggest their own. This both suggested Lucky by way of a reverse-gambit, as I assumed the 2nd Maf was smart enough to pull this off, or it was you simply because your name was voided. To add on to that, I don't believe you ever brought up Luster once. Neither of you, Luster and yourself, seemed keen to acknowledge the other's presence. And at this point, when there were barely any leads (back when there were 5 left), it all came down to who displayed the most significant connections or lack thereof to the only identified Maf.

... Geez, I'm sorry if none of this is making any sense. I really can't remember too well. In the end, it came down to this realization/conclusion: the 2nd Maf was smart. No one had any OVERLY (normally) suspicious tells aside from Dipper, and no one else was displayed any Jester qualities at that point... So (ignoring Dipper) anything that would normally suggest suspicion, pretty much proved innocence. And vice, versa. You and Lucky both provided the most help with theories, were not spokenly keen to start lynching inactives (I think), and had questionable, in my mind, ties to Luster. Once Lucky died, I became convinced you were the Maf... that or Dipper was the genius and that there was no actual Jester and he was faking it, but I won't get into that.
TL;DR the 2nd Maf was incredibly smart. And when five people were left with no one displaying any tells, aside from Dipper being crazy, it came down to (in a stroke of sleep-deprived paranoia) who was too helpful/perfect - leaving you and LuckycoolHawk. There was also how Luster reacted to both of you and vice versa, which suggested either a double-gambit or typical Maf-ness. It was only when Lucky died, that I became pretty sure it was you.

Of course, all this was thrown out the window when I went back to read through Mafia Game #1 (because boredom). On seeing how you acted as a Mafioso there, I was 50/50 on you (in game #2) having learned to not be too forward on suggestions, or it wasn't you at all. Which is what sprouted the Dipper theory because I had no idea and was going crazy. So once Lucky died, my bet shifted to 60/40 for you/Dipper. ┐('~`;)┌

Hopefully this made a little sense.

Hm. I like your thinking. It did make sense. Very methodical too.

You know what is funny... despite Dipper being jester, I found it awfully suspicious that our old mafia were alive for the whole game. So, I like to review... Kiilgore has been mafia twice and I have been town twice. Though @Kiilgore if I may ask, is there a reason that you kept your old cohort alive for the whole game?

Just how things worked out really.

As revealed by Daz, N1 we attacked Dipper. (failed)
Then we went after Pen, which was a random name thrown out there admittedly, IIRC.
After that we went after dittles, whom I thought was hinting at being the doctor.
So with, (as I thought at the time) the doctor gone, I tried dipper again, thinking that they were healed N1 by Dittles. This also confirmed to me that he was Jester pretty much. (since, as I said, thought doctor was dead at the time.)
Then Joan claimed doc, so I had to get rid of her ASAP.... (plus, attacking her that night was a win-win. If she protected herself, then suspicion on Djinnamon. if she didn't the doc would be out, admittedly at the cost of Djinnamon being an auto-confirmed, but little discussion to start happening because it would have been a pretty obvious kill to go for.)
With Joan's last self heal out of the way, AND djinn out of the picture from being auto-confirmed (since lynched) I killed Joan to get rid of the doc.

Then with the last kill, if I killed her then, well, I would be suspicious. After all, she DID just call me out.... (even though.... WIFOM could come into play.*) even though the issue was cleared up. And I wanted to do more framing of Dipper too, since you ONLY called out dipper... it came down to you.

*Note to self: Immune to kills jester creates waaaaaaaaaay too many WIFOM situations. Possibly Jesters in general do....? Or maybe it was how this game was in general....

I'm curious... @IntrusivePenDesperateSword did you end up investigating Luster or me? (Or was it dipper with the jester result?)

('course. if you don't wanna answer, that's fine.)

Reactions: Joan
. . . Wait a minute.

I think by explaining my logic on the mafiosos, and Kiilgore having learned from Game #1, I've helped them prepare to somehow be even better at this game.

I suddenly don't feel good about a third game. . .

. . . Wait a minute.

I think by explaining my logic on the mafiosos, and Kiilgore having learned from Game #1, I've helped them prepare to somehow be even better at this game.

I suddenly don't feel good about a third game. . .

XD

better hope we're on the same team then.

Honestly? I'd be surprised if it was 3 games in a row that I was the mafia side.

Also, can we talk about how I accidently revealed the jester invertly?

Back on day 1, Dittles was acting silly. I accused them of jester but said it has someone who posted twice. Someone pointed out that Dipper and Dittles. Also, I feel stupid because I should have recognized Kiilgore's method of killing those who talk.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Dipper was a fairly obvious jester. tbh focusing on one individual relentlessly without any reasoning should be a giant red flag.

Hey, I told you guys Dittles was safe. I warned you.

Then mafia got 'em.

Dipper was a fairly obvious jester. tbh focusing on one individual relentlessly without any reasoning should be a giant red flag.
Never played jester before. But I did manage to confuse the hell out of everyone.

Reactions: An Otaku
Never played jester before. But I did manage to confuse the hell out of everyone.

You certainly did. You were definitely a good jester.

I think having a jester certainly made things a lot more exciting, with all the confusion Dipper caused. Do you want to keep the jester next round, or try out something else?

Also, good suggestions @Kiilgore, especially having the medium be able to message a living player one night.

Do you want to keep the jester next round, or try out something else?
I loved having the jester. Sure, it made things more difficult, but also more exciting.

• Useful
Reactions: Daz
oooh..

One role I think would be interesting to have would be the executioner. They receive a random town member to try to lynch and win if the target is lynched.
If the target dies in any other way... The executioner becomes a jester, and wins by those wincons instead.
Usually, the executioner is kill immune, except for lynching.

Another potentially interesting townie role.
Gunsmith.
Each night, gives a person (other than themselves) a gun. this gun can be used during the day phase. (which we would say who, if at all, we want to use it on in our Role PMs) As the original role is, the gun has a 50% chance to reveal who shot it.

A potentially interesting mafia side role:
The Yakuza.
At any point in the game, can, at the cost of their own life, Rip Baby Gangsta convert someone to the mafia side. May or may not have cookies. I dunno.
USUALLY the selfkill is classified as a strongman kill. (meaning goes through ALL forms of protection.)

now, if we have all of these, depending on the other roles, it may become too mafsided... (Executioner actively against town, Gunsmith, despite being town, MAY give a gun to a mafia, which would make the endtime come even closer... and well, the yakuza basically allows for the potential to decrease town by 2 in one night. (Once per game unless if the selfkill isn't strongman and gets healed on a conversion night.)

oooh..

One role I think would be interesting to have would be the executioner. They receive a random town member to try to lynch and win if the target is lynched.
If the target dies in any other way... The executioner becomes a jester, and wins by those wincons instead.
Usually, the executioner is kill immune, except for lynching.

Another potentially interesting townie role.
Gunsmith.
Each night, gives a person (other than themselves) a gun. this gun can be used during the day phase. (which we would say who, if at all, we want to use it on in our Role PMs) As the original role is, the gun has a 50% chance to reveal who shot it.

A potentially interesting mafia side role:
The Yakuza.
At any point in the game, can, at the cost of their own life, Rip Baby Gangsta convert someone to the mafia side. May or may not have cookies. I dunno.
USUALLY the selfkill is classified as a strongman kill. (meaning goes through ALL forms of protection.)

now, if we have all of these, depending on the other roles, it may become too mafsided... (Executioner actively against town, Gunsmith, despite being town, MAY give a gun to a mafia, which would make the endtime come even closer... and well, the yakuza basically allows for the potential to decrease town by 2 in one night. (Once per game unless if the selfkill isn't strongman and gets healed on a conversion night.)
That's a lot of roles and a lot of potential chaos...o.o

Hiya. I'm interested in playing / hosting.

Is a game scheduled to start any time soon, or should I post mine?