Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

Hmm. Wasn't a nuclear blast this time...

This can't be a coincidence.
RIP, Lucky.

Wow, that's a mighty violent death.

Anyway. Ideas?

I'm heavily suspicious of @Kimberlyn for being some sort of maf, TBH.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
Too early. Also, I have noticed that in this game- theories get you murdered.
I read this as Lucky's eulogy.( ´•̥̥̥ω•̥̥̥` )

P.S. Don't listen to Daz. I'm telling you, these deaths are more than flavor text... they're a puzzle!!

• Thank You
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
...Well, shit. Lucky's a good player D:

May I ask why?
lol Joan comin to my defense before I can

FRIENDSHIP POWER ACTIVATE.

But, in all seriousness, why do you suspect me? D:

Like.. why wasn't one shard enough?! That must've been one sick fuck to cycle through multiple shards, as if not to let any shards be bored while only one shard is engaged in brutal murder. No, he or she used several shards, probably assigning them names and talking to them, saying "oh n-n-neeeuu, not so fast Billy. It's Jimmy's, then Cathy's then Roberta's, then Tommy's and then your turn, Billy; nobody likes an inconsiderate, queue-hopping shard". Goddamn... RIP LuckycoolHawk9

Do you think the souls of the dead are jeering at us as we speak?

lol Joan comin to my defense before I can

FRIENDSHIP POWER ACTIVATE.

But, in all seriousness, why do you suspect me? D:
I do this every time somebody suspects somebody else or whatever...but yes also friendship XD

Do you think the souls of the dead are jeering at us as we speak?
Highly likely.

I'm kind of suspicious of @Pf.D because they were the first to target someone in the voting last round under the pretense that a blind pick was better than no pick.

• Useful
@Joan @Kimberlyn @everyone else. Aight fellow residents of Iwakuville. I'mma break it (my logic) down for you.

Kimberlyn suggested that throwing out suggestions day 1 was a good idea. Is that inherently suspicious, yep. Why would a regular townie push for suspicions day 1? We have no patterns, no nothing. Town roles would have very little information to offer. No one wants to call out, because they'd get killed. But you didn't hesitate. Point 1, it's safe for you, because you're maf.

@LuckycoolHawk9 (rip) didn't call anyone out, and maybe that's not what maf. I play a decent bit of TOS. The maf their take two approaches, stealthy (like last two games) or chaotic. Pushing people into make rash decisions can backfire, yes, but getting good lynches and night kills will quickly end the game in your favor.

• Useful
@Daz Attomyk and LCH's alighnments were not stated. Is this intentional? (Asking because it's fully possible for there to have been a successful vigkill while the mafia hit a neutral/protected.) (Or unsucessful vigkill, but point being that Possible that maf partially ded already)

And who do you think will generate that discussion, and, furthermore, based on what?
Anyone, and based off of their thoughts on the subject.

Hypothetically speaking, I would consider applying this clever and proactive scum tactic.. and you a nuisance for seeing through it.
This.... is eyebrow raising to me.
It, to me (so correct me if I'm interpreting this incorrectly) states that the thought of doing so is already in your mind as a 'would be' (assuming that you are town) scum tactic.

so who's to say that it currently isn't being used as a scum tactic?

Although it is an interesting theory, I fail to see the relevance of the questions because they are random, and nothing to do with the game.

So using that as an argument for that thought is poorly done imho.

Heck....
It could also be used on the flip side, especially since you said the initial thought of them not being mafia together.

All three of you are maf, and you used that question thing and told them to respond to it in the mafia chat.

Just...
Feels too convenient for some reason.
(as a responce toooooo.....: )
Ok, so I don't think Kimberlyn and An Otaku can be mafia together.

My theory is mafia would try to distance themselves from each other, by trying not to respond similarly to certain developments, for one; in this case my questions.
They both went for it without any hesitation.

Even though that doesn't say much about the probability of them being mafia if the other is town, I probably won't be voting for either of them today.
anyone (Other than Trip and possibly Kimberlyn, since they already responded, unless the two of you have more) any thoughts on this?

-------------

I'm kind of suspicious of @Pf.D because they were the first to target someone in the voting last round under the pretense that a blind pick was better than no pick.

Actually, I think that was Trip.

This is not how it works, gang. Even a random chance of hitting scum is better than not lynching at all.

Vote: Luster
which had the Pf.D voting for a shot in the dark right after. Read through the earlier messages too. Saw nothing else about random picking for lynches.

@Daz Attomyk and LCH's alighnments were not stated. Is this intentional? (Asking because it's fully possible for there to have been a successful vigkill while the mafia hit a neutral/protected.) (Or unsucessful vigkill, but point being that Possible that maf partially ded already)

It, to me (so correct me if I'm interpreting this incorrectly) states that the thought of doing so is already in your mind as a 'would be' (assuming that you are town) scum tactic.

anyone (Other than Trip and possibly Kimberlyn, since they already responded, unless the two of you have more) any thoughts on this?

-------------

which had the Pf.D voting for a shot in the dark right after. Read through the earlier messages too. Saw nothing else about random picking for lynches.
Ah. Well if it originated from trip then my suspicion flies to him but in general the people who were happy to off someone simply because makes me suspicious

@Joan @Kimberlyn @everyone else. Aight fellow residents of Iwakuville. I'mma break it (my logic) down for you.

Kimberlyn suggested that throwing out suggestions day 1 was a good idea. Is that inherently suspicious, yep. Why would a regular townie push for suspicions day 1? We have no patterns, no nothing. Town roles would have very little information to offer. No one wants to call out, because they'd get killed. But you didn't hesitate. Point 1, it's safe for you, because you're maf.

@LuckycoolHawk9 (rip) didn't call anyone out, and maybe that's not what maf. I play a decent bit of TOS. The maf their take two approaches, stealthy (like last two games) or chaotic. Pushing people into make rash decisions can backfire, yes, but getting good lynches and night kills will quickly end the game in your favor.
Huh. Interesting theory.

Now, I'm biased here, because Kim is my best friend/soul sister/whatever and one of my pet peeves in this game is when people don't share information or guesses before they die, because town needs everything it can get. There is, understandably, a very serious risk of the information benefitting the mafia, which is why we keep things like roles secret for as long as possible, but if you have a good guess, best to get it out as quickly as possible in my opinion, because who knows? You may have struck gold.

As for the TOS thing, I find that rather different because it's played in real time, spanning minutes instead of days, and the way people think in a timeframe like that is quite different from the way people think in a game like this one, where they have more time and can look over what's already happened easily.

All that said, it is an interesting theory, and while I don't think it holds water right now, it is worth thinking about, I think.

-------------

Hokay, not going to wade into all that without laptop access, but, on Trip's theory...

Just looking at previous games, mafia have elected to visibly work together more often than not. The first game, Star and Kiilgore were maf, and they had little to no friction, working together in the day phase as well as at night. In the second game, I honestly don't remember what happened as clearly, but I'm fairly certain Kiilgore and Luster, our maf then, didn't have any major friction. Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this, I just woke up from a nap I didn't mean to take and I don't have laptop access at the moment :|

In the second game, I honestly don't remember what happened as clearly, but I'm fairly certain Kiilgore and Luster, our maf then, didn't have any major friction. Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this, I just woke up from a nap I didn't mean to take and I don't have laptop access at the moment :|
We didn't have any major friction, mainly because there was practically no time to, since Dipper, as a jester tactic, randomly chose Luster to lynch and try to get lynched back in the process.

• Useful
Well I've also played TOS, and that's how I always play as a townie or a maf. Go figure. In my defense, I only said to go ahead and throw out suspicions because someone (I think @IceQueen ) had said they were suspicious of someone. And the way I've seen many of these games played, the maf is likely to target anyone who has suspicions but fails to voice them.

So, as @Joan pointed out, it would be far more beneficial to get suspicions out early (especially if they're substantial), as there is an equal chance you'll be killed or not killed. It depends on the maf's attitude. Because if the maf decides to kill you, and your suspicion was correct (and you didn't voice it), now no one knows except by hope through the medium. If the medium is not already dead. Especially in this game, where you don't have wills like in TOS.

But I digress. You can find my behavior suspicious if you will, but I--of course--find it baseless.

@Kimberlyn. Your behavior is swaying between cautious and engaging. I think that's why you're super suspicious. Nothing is reading town.

@Kiilgore trip, eager to lynch someone, also was quick to rush to defend Kimberlyn and An Otaku. that's a little unnerving to me.

@Kimberlyn. Your behavior is swaying between cautious and engaging. I think that's why you're super suspicious. Nothing is reading town.

@Kiilgore trip, eager to lynch someone, also was quick to rush to defend Kimberlyn and An Otaku. that's a little unnerving to me.
I...do not see what you're seeing. Mind giving examples?

Status
Not open for further replies.