Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

Ok, so I don't think Kimberlyn and An Otaku can be mafia together.

My theory is mafia would try to distance themselves from each other, by trying not to respond similarly to certain developments, for one; in this case my questions.
They both went for it without any hesitation.

Even though that doesn't say much about the probability of them being mafia if the other is town, I probably won't be voting for either of them today.
Y'know, if you weren't talking about me I'd be inclined to nod and say, "Gee, wow. That's a mighty fine idea you got there!" But you are talking about me, so I'll just have to say "interesting." Maybe nod my head a bit. Yeah.

The discussion phrase is over, and it is now the voting phrase! You have until Tuesday at 7:30pm (BST) to vote to lynch another player. Today 7 votes are needed to lynch someone.

So I uh...I thought the MAFIA thread was the one where we were playing until I got the notification that I'd been mentioned by @Kiilgore so thanks buddy... Other than that, nothing to report, since it's only day 1 so I don't really have anything to go on other than
writing style, so I won't be voting tonight. Also, @Daz you have a couple of spelling mistakes, "discussion/voting PHRASE" instead of phase (love ya).

Sincerely,
The Village Idiot

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan
So I uh...I thought the MAFIA thread was the one where we were playing until I got the notification that I'd been mentioned by @Kiilgore so thanks buddy... Other than that, nothing to report, since it's only day 1 so I don't really have anything to go on other than
writing style, so I won't be voting tonight. Also, @Daz you have a couple of spelling mistakes, "discussion/voting PHRASE" instead of phase (love ya).

Sincerely,
The Village Idiot
Pffftt, mistake? What mistake? I don't see a mistake... :P

Everyone

Think I'll be abstaining from the vote this go-round.

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz
Everybody should know by now what I am doing for this first round. I'm abstaining as their is too little evidence to go on. ( Also, should we worry the mafia has nukes?)

I also abstain

• Thank You
I abstain. :P

• Thank You
This is not how it works, gang. Even a random chance of hitting scum is better than not lynching at all.

Vote: Luster

• Thank You
I don't really want to but 'm gonna take a shot in the dark and also

Vote: Luster

This is not how it works, gang. Even a random chance of hitting scum is better than not lynching at all.

Actually, odds are incredibly low we will find scum at this point. There is a 3/13 chance you will find mafia, 2/13 chance we will kill a neutral ( And one neutral we don't want to die) and a 8/13 chance will kill a town member. So odds are highly likely we will kill a town at this point without sufficient evidence.

Unless of course, this is no a random shot in the dark, I don't think it will be safe to lynch anyone.

Actually, odds are incredibly low we will find scum at this point. There is a 3/13 chance you will find mafia, 2/13 chance we will kill a neutral ( And one neutral we don't want to die) and a 8/13 chance will kill a town member. So odds are highly likely we will kill a town at this point without sufficient evidence.

Unless of course, this is no a random shot in the dark, I don't think it will be safe to lynch anyone.

I agree but at the same time, the lower the population, the better our odds get in narrowing down the actual culprits. Not that killing off all the townies to finally get to the maf is the best course of action but at least it's something. Just standing around waiting for the maf to kill some more people will essentially have the same result so, really, why not pick someone now?

I agree but at the same time, the lower the population, the better our odds get in narrowing down the actual culprits. Not that killing off all the townies to finally get to the maf is the best course of action but at least it's something. Just standing around waiting for the maf to kill some more people will essentially have the same result so, really, why not pick someone now?

But if we kill off all the townies, the mafia wins by our stupidity to be fair. Also, if we keep killing townies, then our odds are lowered. If we are wrong, then we have 11 players. At the point the statistic would be 5/11 for non- town roles and 6/11 for town roles.

If the mafia could convince the neutrals to vote with them and convince one townie they are a good person and not mafia, then the game would go by quickly and we will lose. However, if we wait, we can measure the actions of the remaining players and deduce who they are. What if the townie we kill is Medium or doctor or detective or tracker? We severely lowers the town's odd of winning.

But if we kill off all the townies, the mafia wins by our stupidity to be fair. Also, if we keep killing townies, then our odds are lowered. If we are wrong, then we have 11 players. At the point the statistic would be 5/11 for non- town roles and 6/11 for town roles.

If the mafia could convince the neutrals to vote with them and convince one townie they are a good person and not mafia, then the game would go by quickly and we will lose. However, if we wait, we can measure the actions of the remaining players and deduce who they are. What if the townie we kill is Medium or doctor or detective or tracker? We severely lowers the town's odd of winning.

Right, but I think the best round to take a chance with this is the first one. Of course it's better not to guess at all but if there's a good time for trial and error, I think now would be it where if we mess up we'll still have a lot of room to work up theories after. But you're right, there are so many variables and it's hard to take any action atm.

In any case, I'll rescind my vote and choose to abstain.

Last edited:
@Luster

Thought you'd like to know people are trying to string you up. Don't say I never did nothing for you ;)

My theory is mafia would try to distance themselves from each other, by trying not to respond similarly to certain developments, for one; in this case my questions.
They both went for it without any hesitation
Although it is an interesting theory, I fail to see the relevance of the questions because they are random, and nothing to do with the game.

So using that as an argument for that thought is poorly done imho.

Heck....
It could also be used on the flip side, especially since you said the initial thought of them not being mafia together.

All three of you are maf, and you used that question thing and told them to respond to it in the mafia chat.

Just...
Feels too convenient for some reason.

Reactions: Luster and Pf.D
Generally I like to vote first round because I'm an aggressive and terrible person, but this round I'll abstain.

• Thank You
what the actual. I don't even know. There are several ways to interpret this... @trip is an executioner/jester (we did add this, didn't we?) and @Pf.D is an opportunistic jester or maf (or some combo), or they are just unnaturally aggressive townies.

@An Otaku thank you. I wasn't tagged for those votes.

what the actual. I don't even know. There are several ways to interpret this... @trip is an executioner/jester (we did add this, didn't we?) and @Pf.D is an opportunistic jester or maf (or some combo), or they are just unnaturally aggressive townies.

@An Otaku thank you. I wasn't tagged for those votes.

I'll take Unnaturally Aggressive for 600 Alex ;)
My apologies though. I'm sure you're a fine person /shrugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.