Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

@Kiilgore @IceQueen Considering that the flips don't reveal alignment or role, I may have acted irrationally by promoting a lynch, now that I think about it.

@Kiilgore since I'm the only one who could have used that scum tactic, I can say for certain that it has not been applied & the tactic wasn't in my mind prior to your comment containing your paranoiac assessment of my motives for posting the questions and the subsequent conclusion I've drawn out of the replies.

@Luster is probably an executioner. It makes sense for someone who has a premeditated agenda to lynch a person, to be the first to actively push someone with a pseud-reasonable set of arguments (that someone had ample time to contemplate).

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
I'm kind of suspicious of @Pf.D because they were the first to target someone in the voting last round under the pretense that a blind pick was better than no pick.

That's fair /shrugs. Though as previously defended, I was not the first person to pick someone out.

I personally am vaguely suspicious of both @Luster for the same reason that they are suspicious of @Kimberlyn who I agree is suspicious for that reason.

• Useful
@Daz Attomyk and LCH's alighnments were not stated. Is this intentional? (Asking because it's fully possible for there to have been a successful vigkill while the mafia hit a neutral/protected.) (Or unsucessful vigkill, but point being that Possible that maf partially ded already)
Yes, it is intentional- only lynching reveals alignments. It is indeed possible that the vigilante successfully shot a member of the mafia, and on the same night the mafia's kill was unsuccessful. It is worth noting that you can still hope to learn it was a mafia member who was killed, since the vigilante can reveal they used their shot and didn't commit suicide the next night. You'll learn if a townie was killed by the vigilante when the vigilante commits suicide the next day. The point being, even though alignments are not officially announced by me when someone is killed at night, you can still usually figure them out.

@Kiilgore @IceQueen Considering that the flips don't reveal alignment or role, I may have acted irrationally by promoting a lynch, now that I think about it.

Alignments are revealed when someone is lynched in the day. Night kills do not lead to the dead person's alignment being revealed.

At the end of the day, I'm not dead set on lynching @Kimberlyn.

@Joan I noticed that Kimberlyn (do you have a shorter nickname?) was all for the revealing suspicions, but failed to really contribute to the conversation in terms of who is suspicious.

At the end of the day, I don't feel like it is the best decision to lynch Kimberlyn, but I'm just sharing my suspicions in case I get killed.

@trip (darn your special character) I'm not executioner. I agree with @Kiilgore that you're crazy suspicous. It's weird that you put the spotlight on me

Last edited:
  • Useful
Hey everybody, I got an idea (several actually)! And that idea is lynch @†rip as soon as possible. Prepare yourselves for some wild theories, though I'll try my best to be concise.

DAY ONE: Atomyk was killed
Two possibilities on this. Atomyk was a successfully hit Maf target, or a successfully hit Vigilante target. But let's be honest, the chances of the Vigilante getting a success 'Day One' is nigh impossible so I'll be assuming it was a Maf kill.... Now, does this Maf kill tell us anything? Yes actually. In Games 1 and 2 of Iwaku Mafia, no one died Night One. I'll be tagging @Kiilgore for the exact reasoning on this since she(?) was a Maf both games prior. My personal theory as to why there were no Deaths Night One in games 1 and 2? The Mafia members were nice and wanted to give each player a chance to have at least one night alive before starting the game, because this is simply a game for fun and it would be remiss to exclude someone almost immediately. BUT, some DID die Night One in this game... so what I see from this is that whoever is Mafia this round, is new (to Iwaku Mafia) and possibly even inexperienced in this format. Is this a stretch? Maybe, but look at Trip's very first post in the day thread:
†rip said:
RIP Atomyk
Playing: Aphex Twin - Avril 14th.mp3 - picosong
I'm sure he was a righteous dude.
Interesting phrasing. It could simple be what it appears to be on the outside, "RIP, we hardly knew ye." Or it could be a veiled apology for killing Atomyk Night One. I'll admit everything I've said thus far is pretty sketchy, but I'm including it because I'm going over all of Trip's present actions in this post.

Next up, Trip had that questionnaire of his. Let's face it, asking someone if they're Maf or telling someone you're Town is one of the most useless things in this game. You simply couldn't trust them no matter what they said on that alone. Ultimately, though, I think Trip knew the questions meant nothing. What he(?) really wanted was to make this point:
†rip said:
Ok, so I don't think Kimberlyn and An Otaku can be mafia together.

My theory is mafia would try to distance themselves from each other, by trying not to respond similarly to certain developments, for one; in this case my questions.
They both went for it without any hesitation.

Even though that doesn't say much about the probability of them being mafia if the other is town, I probably won't be voting for either of them today.
Trip declares his theory that Mafia members wouldn't dare do anything that might link them together, he says Scum would try to distance themselves. This isn't a baseless theory at all, Luster and Kiilgore were pretty distant Game 2. But my theory is that Trip made the quiz so that he could say this; and his purpose for saying this is to allow himself and his Scum partner to tag team others in the Day Thread. After all.... Mafia members ought to be distancing themselves, right? They wouldn't dare link themselves to each other, right?

Which brings me to my next point: @Pf.D . She(?) has been siding with Trip for every single lynch he has offered thus far. When Trip makes the wild suggestion to lynch someone day one (to lynch Luster), Pf.D immediately follows up to say we should lynch Luster, too. Like.... wow. It's scary how quick she was to side with Trip on this, because honestly.... lynching someone Day One really isn't the best of ideas, I believe. You could argue Trip was just trying to start conversation, he certainly did, but that doesn't explain Pf.D chiming in. Which is exactly what @LuckycoolHawk9 said. He said, rightly so, lynching someone Day One just wouldn't accomplish anything good in all likelihood. In fact, Lucky probably made the most worhwhile Townie contributions of everyone here by himself, all in one day. [Which is why I think he was killed Night 2. As I've stated, I don't think our Mafs are experienced. And if they are inexperienced, they aren't emotionally "cool." They got scared when Lucky made himself appear useful, so they had him killed immediately. A more cool player, like Kiilgore for example, wouldn't have done that.]

Now, after Lucky explains why a Lynch Day One is a horrible idea, what happens? Pf.D backs off almost immediately. My theory for this is that Pf.D wanted to side with their Maf partner, but also didn't want to look too close to Trip and that's she she rescinded her vote.

Later on, Trip tries defending himself when someone calls out feelings similar to mine, that person being Kiilgore. He tries to play down his Maf tactics by saying he wanted to generate discussion, which he did. Even so... that's an easy hand-wave, one I do not trust. And then he follows it up with this once Killgore calls him out:
†rip said:
Hypothetically speaking, I would consider applying this clever and proactive scum tactic.. and you a nuisance for seeing through it.
Aside from this being way, way too suspicious, what's the point of saying this? Simply, the idea is that a Mafia member would never call themelf a Mafia member or make any allusions to it. So if one does, clearly they are not a Maf. Its basic reverse psychology. Then he just goes crazy with dice and mentioning we should lynch Lost-and-Bewildered to make himself seem just like a fellow who wants to make "discussions." But I do not buy it.

Now after Night Two, we have Lucky's death. Trip, again, says some suspicious things that could be construed as a subtle apology. But I'll admit, this could simply be his personality and it isn't very strong indication of anything. (Though the song's lyrics do raise an eyebrow... "Come to an end"? Lucky's theorizing is over? I dunno, probably nothing honestly.) Next big thing from Trip is this:
†rip said:

@Kiilgore since I'm the only one who could have used that scum tactic, I can say for certain that it has not been applied & the tactic wasn't in my mind prior to your comment containing your paranoiac assessment of my motives for posting the questions and the subsequent conclusion I've drawn out of the replies.

@Luster is probably an executioner. It makes sense for someone who has a premeditated agenda to lynch a person, to be the first to actively push someone with a pseud-reasonable set of arguments (that someone had ample time to contemplate).
Firstly, he's back-pedaling because people have started to call him out. Next, he basically calls himself a Townie again (for all that's worth...). And lastly, we're back to calling for Luster's execution. At this point, you could almost make the case Trip is the executioner. But then.... why the 'immediate' follow-up from Pf.D saying, "Yep, we should totally go after Luster guys"? So either one of them is Executioner, or both of them are Mafia. Personally, I do believe they both are Mafia, and I have my eye on a third member, but nothing concrete yet so there isn't any point to it.

I understand some of you, Townies that is, might distrust me. Really, everyone ought to distrust everyone, but I've made some suspicious posts. My reason for this was I didn't know what type of Mafia members we had, so I tried pretending to be Jester-ish. But now that I have an idea of who the Scum are, there's no longer any need for pretense. Also, for everyone saying @Kimberlyn is suspicious, I agree with you. But I don't think she(?) is a Maf. From everything I've seen thus far, only Two people have displayed Jester-ish qualities. Myself, and Kimberlyn. I tried making my posts similar to hers after Trip called me out on that, to play up the suspicion, but I couldn't say why Kim wrote as she did. At any rate, I've seen a number of you already state Trip is suspicious. And I am almost 90% certain he's one of our Mafs. Even if I hadn't said any of this, a number of you already had your suspicions. That's why I think we're set to lynch him now.

Normally, I'd suggest we hold out for the Detective (if alive) to scan Trip and then tell us, if he was a Maf member, but look at our numbers. We have 12 people left; 7 of them are innocent; the other 5 are scum (with 2, Jester and Executioner) being Neutrals we cannot trust to help us. If we go one more night without worthwhile Townie action, the teams become 5 Scum, to 6 Town. We're barely holding the majority. Before we know it, Town won't be able to hold lynches at all simply because we're outnumbered. We did need to lynch quickly, but only once we had something to go off of. Day One? Nothing. But now? I think we have enough to risk it. Everyone, we need to lynch Trip. (also, sorry man. Regardless of whether or not you are Maf)

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Pf.D and Joan
As a counter-theory to my own theory.... I suppose Trip could be an absolutely genius Jester, but I mean. No one is that smart to pull a double-triple gambit like that or whatever. And it also doesn't explain Pf.D's constant involvement.

Just thought I'd say so since my prior post is really long, and I also wanted people to know the (I guess) worst-case scenario of Lynching Trip. But again, I'm pretty sure he is maf.

As another counter-counter theory. Kiilgore could be one of our Mafs instead. They've made enough allusions in the vein of "If I were Maf, I would never have done that" but I don't think she's Scum. Honestly, if Kiilgore got the Maf role three times in a row, I'd say we have a much bigger problem on ours hands to the degree of divine intervention...

P.S. @Kiilgore Um... how do you pronounce your name? It's been nagging me for a while, the double I's.

@An Otaku Not gonna quote, but...that whole thing makes a shit ton of sense. o__o

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
A+ theory. Though, I do admit we didn't kill night one last game because we hit the jester. Not too be nice, lol. But this makes so much sense.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Interesting theory. I agree with Joan, it does make quite a bit of sense. I'm interested to see how trip will attempt to fend it off.

Reactions: An Otaku
In my defense (and take this how you will b/c as @An Otaku said, we should be suspicious of everyone) this is my first time playing this game in this way. I've played IRL before and you most certainly do not skip lynching just b/c it's the first night but w/e. Also, when I suggested lynching on N1 I was considering the fact that once someone is lynched, their alignment gets revealed which, one way or the other, would benefit us.

In terms of Otaku's theories, I agree that they make a fair amount of sense but at the same time, shouldn't we consider that this is just their elaborate Executioner tactic and that @†rip is their target? I just find it strange that in just "three" days you've gathered all of this evidence and it somehow all points to trip, even though you go on to mention other people you are suspicious of (including myself but that would be my fault, I guess) you're still 100% on saying that we should lynch trip.

Now I'm not saying your wrong and I understand that this could come off as self-incriminating (because you're pointing out that I'm potentially in cahoots w/trip who you think is maf which would make me maf and I am once again "on their side"), but I just thought it valid to point out that while this is the most substantial theory we have so far, it could also, potentially be a trap. /shrugs

• Useful
In my defense (and take this how you will b/c as @An Otaku said, we should be suspicious of everyone) this is my first time playing this game in this way. I've played IRL before and you most certainly do not skip lynching just b/c it's the first night but w/e. Also, when I suggested lynching on N1 I was considering the fact that once someone is lynched, their alignment gets revealed which, one way or the other, would benefit us.

In terms of Otaku's theories, I agree that they make a fair amount of sense but at the same time, shouldn't we consider that this is just their elaborate Executioner tactic and that @†rip is their target? I just find it strange that in just "three" days you've gathered all of this evidence and it somehow all points to trip, even though you go on to mention other people you are suspicious of (including myself but that would be my fault, I guess) you're still 100% on saying that we should lynch trip.

Now I'm not saying your wrong and I understand that this could come off as self-incriminating (because you're pointing out that I'm potentially in cahoots w/trip who you think is maf which would make me maf and I am once again "on their side"), but I just thought it valid to point out that while this is the most substantial theory we have so far, it could also, potentially be a trap. /shrugs
That is a fair point, but I've been suspicious of Trip nearly all game anyway, so that adds weight to Otaku's theory for me personally.

Reactions: Pf.D and An Otaku
Well, I mean... just because we know an alignment after a lynch, that isn't completely helpful. The idea is for the Townies to try their best and get a read on someone -- Maf, Town, and now Neutral as well -- before the lynch so that the Townies are not accidentally wasting anyone. The most we could gain from a random lynch is we get some hindsight on their previous messages, which... is sort of helpful? But it is best to figure out, to the best of one's ability, before hand.
This is a fair point. I don't trust the Executioner at all because they're immune to night kills, they win by helping themself and not the Town, and they convert to the woeful Jester if victorious. That's why I call the Executioner scum, they might as well be Mafia. As for my being the Executioner... there's really only two things you have to consider, Town members that is. Does my logic make sense, and do you trust Trip?

Let's pretend I am the Executioner for a minute. Does this change anything I said about Trip? No, it doesn't. No matter what my role is, the evidence and theories I suggest stand on their own. Hmm, now that I think about it... I guess the Executioner actually could technically not be Scummy, but it all depends on their personality. Anyway, my evidence doesn't "somehow" point to Trip. It DOES point to Trip, flatly. If you'd like though, I can offer another "thesis" on evidence that points towards Kiilgore being a Mafia member (though I don't buy that as much, myself).
I mean yeah. Right now? I totally think your Maf, but its easier to divinate if the Town goes after Trip first. In all honesty though, it would be hilarious if my theories just happened to be coincidental. On the same token, I figured out Kiilgore was Maf during game 2, so. Take it as you will.

You guys are insane, seeing the signs this early.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I want to win, whatever it takes. Even if it gets me killed.

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ You should totally believe in me as much as I believe in you, Dipper. Lynch Trip.

• Bucket of Rainbows
This is a fair point. I don't trust the Executioner at all because they're immune to night kills, they win by helping themself and not the Town, and they convert to the woeful Jester if victorious. That's why I call the Executioner scum, they might as well be Mafia. As for my being the Executioner... there's really only two things you have to consider, Town members that is. Does my logic make sense, and do you trust Trip?
While the executioner can become a jester, this doesn't happen when they are 'victorious'.
If the executioner's target is lynched then the executioner wins, and remains the executioner for the rest of the game. They have no objective anymore, so at this point the executioner is free to do as they wish.
If the executioner's target is killed at night time (eg. By the mafia) then the executioner doesn't win, and the executioner becomes a jester. Since the executioner's original goal of getting X player lynched is impossible if X is killed at night, X is given the new goal of getting themselves lynched.

@Daz does the Executioner's target townie get revealed upon being lynched?

@An Otaku I didn't suggest we go after Luster (again), I merely pointed out that it's likely for the executioner to hoard a case against their target. This and Pf.D supposedly going along with every lynching initative are things you have wrongfully insinuated. They make me lomd pf angry, so don't mistake this kind of anger at supposedly being caught, can you try to do this for me please?

The crux of your arguments can be summed up like this: a) I'm/Pf.D is new to iwaku mafiia, so we are not as cool as Kiilgore not to kill LuckycoolHawk9, who was the paragon of townieness because he didn't want to lynch on day 1. b) The phrasing "I'm sure he was a righteous dude" is suspicious because it's apologetic. c) I tried to pull a Texas city shuffle
by making y'all think me and my team will act dispersed, when in fact my buddies (among which Pf.D is one) planned to strongarm a lynch on an innocent/neutral all along, and hide in plain sight. d) I call myself townie a lot. e) Similar to you, Kiilgore suspected my tactics, and when called out I supplied the post you quoted, which is very suspicious because by itself, and also reverse psychology. f) You played like a Jester, but now you know who the scum are and everyone needs to lynch me, because reasons.

Let's walk back and start from the end. f) Reasons that have nothing to do with my alignment. e) Kiilgore suspected I planned the questions and instructed Kimberlyn and you to respond to them in such a way as to come up with a reason not to lynch her and you. If this is what you agree with, then you believe that we are mafia together and you just fucked our team over by handing out that information. c) This looks like you're imitating Kiilgore, which is fine. I encourage this sort of thinking because it shows involvement, albeit a bit juvenile when compared to my logic. When I post as town I want to narrow down my lynch spectrum, and that is what I've attempted to do with the questions. What isn't fine, however, is that you work in, for the sake of emphasis, that others have supposedly suspected me, without questioning why that is, just to rally unwarranted momentum and instill your effort-ridden post with extra gravitas. b) You seem to be biased, when it comes to deciphering hidden context and meaning when it comes to my way of posting. I suggest asking if anyone feels the same, before acting on this. If you're scum, Exe or Jester go ahead though. a) I am the paragon of townieness and I happen to be town this game and I had nothing to do with his death, Miss Monica Lewinski..

I wanna know why others are sympathetic to Otaku's case, but more importantly I want them to consider other candidates.

• Useful
b)Look for the context in which those statements were made. Kiilgore basically asked me who could say someone used that particular scumtactic, asking those particular questions, and I said only I do, which is true since I'm the only one who asked those questions and I know I'm town. This is not an alignment indicative question, imo, but if you think it is then pls explain yourself.

Well, I mean... just because we know an alignment after a lynch, that isn't completely helpful. The idea is for the Townies to try their best and get a read on someone -- Maf, Town, and now Neutral as well -- before the lynch so that the Townies are not accidentally wasting anyone. The most we could gain from a random lynch is we get some hindsight on their previous messages, which... is sort of helpful? But it is best to figure out, to the best of one's ability, before hand.
Needless to say I disagree. Not only is the setup more favorable for a random lynch than other setups I've played, but we would've gained information from the voting and reasons for or against a particular target, you know, what the game is all about, aka scumhunting.

By your reasoning there would be nothing to base a kosher lynch on, ever. If I hadn't asked those questions, and wouldn't have proposed a lynch target, and then random voted.. when would discussion have started at all? What information could anyone have drawn out of the nightkills? I repeat, this is not how it's done, gang.

If we would've lynched day1, we would've had a lot more information to base proper scumhunting on. Instead we are left with baseless speculation and paranoia laden wallposting, and maf don't have any reason not to indulge in lynching me. All it takes to turn off every ounce of respect is to say I would be a genius jester.

I'm fucking mad at this shit right now, for real, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.