Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

Personally, I think everyone here is a trustworthy individual.

Especially me.

I wouldn't suspect people who've been mafia before. It's a possibility, but highly unlikely.

The chance of being mafia from game to game are independent. So game one and two won't effect the chances of being maf this game.
(Just so you don't fall into gambler's fallacy)

Who has yet to appear?
@Pf.D
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@Matizze

Those three, right? (Other than our victim)

I myself don't have any suspicions as of right now.

But we shouldn't get too lynch-happy. We kill important first game.... but then again, we won the first game and lost when we letinent on lynching... hmmm...

I think it's beneficial to go ahead and throw out who you are suspicious of, as there's an equal chance that the maf will decide to spare you or kill you. It really depends on the attitudes of our maf in this game.

I personally don't have any suspicions as of yet, but I think it would be foolhardy not to say anything at all. Because if you don't, you could die anyways and then no one would know. :P BUT it's up to you guys.

Sorry for the delay getting in here guys, explanations to be made in slightly more detail on the main thread.

Now.

RIP Atomyk
Playing: Aphex Twin - Avril 14th.mp3 - picosong
I'm sure he was a righteous dude.

Alright, let's start off with a random question stage:
a) Are you mafia?
b) Would you answer question a truthfully if you were?
c) Aging normally, If you'd have to make your selection within the next 4 hours, would you rather
  1. have unlimited timetravel ability, but be confined to a 4 square mile territory of your choosing
  2. have unlimited teleporting ability, but be stuck in a loop of 4 days starting 4 hours from now, for 44 years
  3. travel 4 years back in time, using the 4 hours (- time to decide) to memorize as many sports results as you can (no extra items or inscriptions)
  4. travel 444 years into a guaranteed-utopian future, and come back after 5 months and 20 minutes
This... this was not something I expected to see, that's for sure XD Would you mind explaining the point of it?

I have my suspicions about someone, but I fear if I call out too soon shit gonna go down so I shall stay quiet for now
This is very, very interesting. Of course based on one comment alone there's a huge margin of error, but my immediate thoughts on this would be that it could indicate:

a) Detective unsure of how to discreetly point fingers at someone they know is evil
b) Executioner making an early play,
c) Jester trying to look like an obvious Exe

But to sum up, saying you think someone is suspicious and have reasons to suspect them, then in the same sentence stating that you won't give those reasons or point out that person raises major red flags to me. I mean, the whole point is for us to kill off the scum before they can kill us, right? The sooner we can get down to doing that the better, so to be perfectly blunt, withholding information is definitely not going to help the town.

For the sake of argument though, I'll entertain that you have reason to believe revealing your suspicions will cause more harm than good at this point in time simply because I can't prove this to not be the case. It could be because I'm tired and it's been a long day, but as of right now I can't think of any scenarios where consequences would outweigh the benefits, though.

Sorry for the delay getting in here guys, explanations to be made in slightly more detail on the main thread.

Now.

This... this was not something I expected to see, that's for sure XD Would you mind explaining the point of it?

This is very, very interesting. Of course based on one comment alone there's a huge margin of error, but my immediate thoughts on this would be that it could indicate:

a) Detective unsure of how to discreetly point fingers at someone they know is evil
b) Executioner making an early play,
c) Jester trying to look like an obvious Exe

But to sum up, saying you think someone is suspicious and have reasons to suspect them, then in the same sentence stating that you won't give those reasons or point out that person raises major red flags to me. I mean, the whole point is for us to kill off the scum before they can kill us, right? The sooner we can get down to doing that the better, so to be perfectly blunt, withholding information is definitely not going to help the town.

For the sake of argument though, I'll entertain that you have reason to believe revealing your suspicions will cause more harm than good at this point in time simply because I can't prove this to not be the case. It could be because I'm tired and it's been a long day, but as of right now I can't think of any scenarios where consequences would outweigh the benefits, though.
Well since you pointed it out, I shall out who I think it is/ who I'm suspicious of.

Currently, after observing its a lot of people, but I can't tell which is which because, obviously because of how early in the game it is, I suspect @Dipper could be trying to hide something. @An Otaku looks a little shifty, possibly the jester because he specifically mentioned himself. @Kiilgore seems like hes a little surprised about the first night kill considering previous games, but it could simply be a ploy.

So far, I'm most suspicious of @Dipper

I mean if we had a mafia award, the award would probably go

Most likely to be suspected as Mafia: @Dipper

Most likely actual mafia: @Kiilgore

Being suspected mafia seems to be my curse.
I believe in you, Dipper.

Post-Edit: So I guess mentioning myself is suspicious, apparently. Um... hm. Hmmm. Hm. Yeah, I guess it does sound suspicious, if you twist your head. Squint a bit. Yeah.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
I believe in you, Dipper.

Post-Edit: So I guess mentioning myself is suspicious, apparently. Um... hm. Hmmm. Hm. Yeah, I guess it does sound suspicious, if you twist your head. Squint a bit. Yeah.
It's highly suspicious. Don't chu lie

This evening has been a busy one for me, but I'll read over everything in the morning and give my thoughts then.

Who has yet to appear?
@Pf.D
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@Matizze

*appears in a cloud of smoke*
*coughs from the excessive amount of smoke*

Here I am! Clueless and happily alive this lovely morning.
Nah, but this is my first game and my only other experience is Town of Salem so I'm not really used to real discussions but I'll try.
So far, I've got nada. However, there usually isn't much to go on the first day, so that's not very surprising, is it?

On a side note, I have a huge spider in my room... please excuse me while I peacefully show it the door and saves its life as the peaceful and innocent townie I am ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I don't think Kimberlyn and An Otaku can be mafia together.

My theory is mafia would try to distance themselves from each other, by trying not to respond similarly to certain developments, for one; in this case my questions.
They both went for it without any hesitation.

Even though that doesn't say much about the probability of them being mafia if the other is town, I probably won't be voting for either of them today.

The chance of being mafia from game to game are independent. So game one and two won't effect the chances of being maf this game.
(Just so you don't fall into gambler's fallacy)

Who has yet to appear?
@Pf.D
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@Matizze

I myself don't have any suspicions as of right now.

Honestly, I prefer to sit back and let the first day roll on by because I'm not very smart and shooting the wind with no real basis for my speculations doesn't seem like the best course of action considering it's more likely for them (the speculations) to get an innocent killed than an actual wrongdoer so.../shrugs.

That being said @An Otaku is fairly suspicious to me, maybe not as full on mafia but potentially the jester, either or really. But again, take that as it is because I've got zero evidence.

Reactions: Dipper
Ok, so I don't think Kimberlyn and An Otaku can be mafia together.

My theory is mafia would try to distance themselves from each other, by trying not to respond similarly to certain developments, for one; in this case my questions.
They both went for it without any hesitation.

Even though that doesn't say much about the probability of them being mafia if the other is town, I probably won't be voting for either of them today.
That's actually an interesting theory, my involvement notwithstanding. I'd never really thought about it that way. Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.