M. University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginny was even colder than he was. She kept her teeth chattering down and zipped her jacket up, pulling the hood up as she perused his movies. There was plenty to choose from. She thought about it and ended up closing her eyes, moving her finger back and forth until it stopped on a case. She pulled it out and looked at it. Her randomization had chosen the outsiders. She had loved the book. She popped the DVD into the player and turned towards him.

"It's okay... might as well get used to what's coming. From what I can tell it'll probably be a really crappy winter." She said shoving her hands in her pockets. The smaller she made herself the warmer she could keep her core.

He set the blanket on the couch, grinning at her. "Winter is the one time I gotta shine." He grabbed the remote, pulling her against his body. "I am my own furnace. As long as I don't catch cold, I'll be your heater." Without even looking, he pressed play and twirled her on the couch. He grabbed the blanket and tucked her in, sliding in beside her and carefully turning up his core heat.

Daniel sighed, feeling warmth cover him. He could not have chosen something more he would like to do. He loved having her beside him. The only thing he worried about was her safety and health. How badly he wanted to keep her with him, to protect her. "I'll be your heater as long as you want." He whispered, the movie beginning to play.

Ginny melted against him like butter to a pan. He was so warm... so cozy. She nestled against him, her head resting on his shoulder. She slid her hand out of her pocket and along his waist, draping her arm against him. Her frozen finger tips warmed at once and she sighed happily. Virginia had never dreamed in a million years that university would bring people into her life she couldn't fathom not having in her life. Lacey was already such a good friend. Elena was beginning to become one as well and then there was Daniel. The man she never expected to meet let alone break through her solitary confinement walls.

The movie began playing and though her eyes were glued to the screen, her mind was elsewhere. She had to school herself. Yes... this was new and exciting. She really liked Daniel. She couldn't be too forward or jump into anything. She wanted to get to know him. Take her time to let whatever this was or could be reach its full potential.

"Tell me about yourself... you don't have to mention anything about your mom... or upbringing" Ginny spoke after a while of just feeling his chest rise and fall with his breathing. The sound was as soothing as his embrace.

Daniel felt set at ease. The second her arm draped across his stomach, his muscles relaxed. He allowed himself to recline, fingers playing with her short hair. "Me? Uhm...what do you want to know? I'm afraid I don't know where to specifically go from there."

He groaned, pulling her up until she was laying on his chest so he could stretch out on the couch. His leg was cramping and he tried not to let it be known. His fingers played along her skin, trying to make sure she was warm enough.

Ginny allowed him to move her so that she was laying more comfortably for both of them. She didn't mind, the closer she got to him the warmer and more comfortable she was. "Well what is your non human last name? I get you like to read and watch movies... I saw your book shelf and the movie collection, quite impressive." she said with a small smile. The way she was laying, she propped herself up to look at him as they talked. Her face was not very far from his.

His fingertips left a thrill on her skin. Yes she was warm enough but the touch sent a fantastic chill down her spine. Them damn butterflies were back. "How did you find out you were a pyro?"

Daniel looked up at her, his eyes sparkling. "My non-human last name? Hjevok. Means "earth's flower" in fae or some such nonsense." He cocked his head at her, one of his arms folding behind his head. "It makes sense...mom comes from a long line of earth fae..." His fingers moved to tuck hair behind her ear. "I do love reading and watching movies. I discovered my powers on the playground. It was a hot summer and I was the only kid not bothered. If anything, I would have been more apt to pick up my father's powers of ice. No one expected me..." He face scrunched in thought, reliving the memory. "I was playing on the monkey bars when suddenly I lost y grip. Turns out I had melted the bar to the point where there was a hole."

He shook his head. "I was in middle school and with my babysitter. My parents had gotten an earthy for a sitter, figuring she would be able to handle anything. I was the last thing she thought she would have to deal with."

Ginny watched his face as he spoke. She liked reading his features. The way memories seemed to fog his emerald eyes. There seemed such sadness and loneliness in his memories. She felt a twinge of happiness knowing that as long as he wanted, he wouldn't be alone. She had lived the solitary life herself and that was the last thing she wanted to relive, not just for herself but for Daniel as well. She tried to pronounce the last name in her thoughts but failed horribly.

"Well middle school playground doesn't sound like the best place." She said shaking her head. She pressed her face into his hand where he had tucked some of her longer hair behind her ear. She liked the style. It was easy to manage. Her face was the right shape to pull off the look and with as platinum blonde as her hair color was, you didn't want too much. You'd call too much attention to yourself.

"I realized I had powers on my own. One day I had forgotten to turn off the light and was too scared to get out of bed after dad had tucked me in. I kept wishing the light would shut off and stared at the light switch. To my amazement it shut off. I was so surprised I had it flicking on and off the rest of the night as I realized I wasn't crazy. Unfortunately with the use of my powers I get cold... really cold. When I hadn't realized how to control any of it yet I was in school listening in to everyone, trying to hard to shut it all out. Desks started moving, there was screaming... I scared everyone." She said with a frown. Her eyes fell, the painful memory of the teacher's taunting. The fear in her classmate's eyes. The disapproval that came from her parents and then the moving. So much moving.

Daniel leaned forward, lightly kissing her forehead. "Don't worry. You can control it now." He smiled at her, eyes taking her in. He had felt her distress as clearly as if he was the empath and not his mother. "Finding out in middle school was rough, sure. Not as rough as being thrust into different programs to fix my powers. My mother was not happy. She had wanted a strong empath son...someone that would be of benefit to her."

He wanted to run fingers along every inch of her skin. "I didn't know you got cold by using your powers. Had I known, I would have heated you up sooner. I have found that every one that uses magic has a quirk."

Ginny smiled at him softly. She closed her eyes as his lips brushed her forehead. "It is true. Everyone I've met has something that limits them. Mom gets weak... like real weak. Once she slept for two full days after using her powers. It's the reason she's such a good detective. She uses her powers for finding the criminals. I guess if you have to hide your powers like she believes, you might as well use them for good."

She smiled and shook her head. Oh she was sure he'd have warmed her up sooner. "Yeah I should just start introducing myself that way." she teased. "Hi Ginny Dunn, telekenetic with telepathic abilities oh but I freeze to death after using too much." she smiled. "Your quirk?" she asked running her fingers along his jaw, tracing the strong bone.

Daniel's eyes widened. "Woah. Your mom is a detective? That is so cool." He grinned, leaning his head into her fingertips. "You should really start to introduce yourself that way." He laughed.

"Uhm...my quirk? Muscle cramps and stiffness. One time I was down for a few days. High school I think it was. My powers got out of control during a firestorm and when I woke up I couldn't move." He pulled her close, holding her gently. "Don't worry. I won't let you freeze to death."

Ginny smiled. When he pulled her closer she sighed contently. "I hope not. I'm kind of used to the warmth now. I'd miss it if it went away." she murmured softly nuzzling her nose into his neck. She inhaled softly. He smelled so good. There was a mix between body wash and man... with a certain scent she couldn't pinpoint. Maybe it had to do with the way he could bend fire on his skin... She didn't care it was intoxicating anyway.

"Yeah mom's a detective, dad is an investment banker. His powers help him with stocks and influxes and whatever the hell he's usually babbling about." She shrugged. "They expect so much from their only daughter. How about you... any siblings?"

Daniel ran hands along her back tenderly. "That's very intereting. I would like to meet your parents one day. See what they're like." His eyes filled with interest and he felt his heart race as she nuzzled against him.

"One sibling. A sister. The girls in mixed blood families tend to be fae. The boys tend to be human. Mom already used her as a bargaining chip to gain a title." He snorted. "Lisa and I were never close....she was always trying to gain a title. She ended up married to a fae prince. A very rare thing indeed for a prince to be fae." He ran fingers over her cheeks, grin pulling the corner of his mouth. "Dad's an ice cream store owner. Since he is an iceblood, it doesn't hurt at all. Mom is an empath and earth fae for the Royal Court." He shrugged. "Eh, not anything interesting."

Ginny looked deep into his eyes. "I find it all pretty interesting." she said softly. She stiffened when she heard the door knob rattle. Shawn, the man apparently sentenced to baby sitting walked in. She blinked her eyes holding perfectly still in his arms. Maybe if she didn't move he wouldn't see her? The thought alone had her rolling her eyes. She had a good feeling he would have her headed out the door due to dorm regulations.

"Interesting?" He laughed, his body shaking. "I'll have to bring you with me next time." He noticed how she reacted to the door knob and shook his head. Shawn walked in, frown on his face.

"Daniel! Where did you go?" He marched over, ignoring Ginny. "I warned you about this-"

"Seriously? Later! I am a grown-ass man, I think I can make my own decisions." Daniel grunted, wrapped arms tightly around Ginny. "What got your panties in a bunch?"

"The fact that half the fae court knows your weakness. The fact that your mother paired you with a water bender for a reason!" Shawn moved, slapping Daniel upside the head. "Think with your brain! After the foolishness Lisa has done in the Court, not to mention strings your mom is pulling, there are fae families out for blood."

"Hey!" He rubbed his head, sitting up and keeping Ginny on his lap. "Keep it quiet...stop shouting you idiot...I am using my brain..." He glared at Shawn. "Can you just...shush."

"Fine...you need to walk her back to her dorm, okay?" Shawn shot a look at Ginny. He mentally stated Watch it, he's not as safe as you think. None of them are.

Ginny sat quietly, hearing Shawn shout. She stiffened more and more in Daniel's arms until the conversation was over. The words Shawn hissed mentally at her stung. He's not as safe as you think. None of them are. What did he mean? None of them? Who was them? He wasn't safe... why not? Was she? Everything attacked her at once and she stood uneasily off of Daniel's lap.

"No, please... stay. I'll be fine." She murmured keeping her head down. She was out the door before any of them could protest. She ran the stairs two at a time to reach outside. It was as if the cold outside was nothing compared to what she was feeling internally. What was going on? What had she gotten involved with? The thoughts swirled around her head and she groaned as she walked to her dorm. She concentrated... it was one thing shutting others out it was a completely different thing shutting her own thoughts off.

"STOP!" she shouted stumbling up the stairs to her dorm room. She barely made it up the stairs the bone chilling cold settling deep within her. "Shit." she whispered trying to reach her dorm room.

Daniel could tell at once that Shawn had done something. Before he could protest, she was out the door. He stood, whipping towards him. "What did you do?! We were enjoying the movie!"

Shawn scowled. "You know every second you spend with her you put her in danger. I have a hard enough time keeping you safe, I can't guarantee her safety too."

Daniel paced, heat rolling off of him in fury. "You don't have a say in this!!" He pointed his finger at Shawn, eyes raging. "My family doesn't get to determine my relationships. I didn't ask to be Duke or whatever it is I am now. I didn't ask for any of this!" The room was soon broiling hot, Shawn sweating profusely. "I will protect her. I will keep her safe. Because of you, she rushed out in this cold." He moved to grab his jacket.

"What are you going to do?" Shawn asked, moving to open a window.

"Fix whatever you broke and make sure she's okay. Thanks you jackass." Daniel stormed out of the dorm, his skin radiating heat like a furnace. There were little sing marks breaking out on his favorite blue shirt and he snorted. he didn't even bother putting on his jacket, instead he marched towards the girls dorm. Ginny, Ginny where are you?

Ginny had made it to her dorm room door but she couldn't turn the door knob. She was panicking. The cold was taking over and no one was in the dorm corridors that could help her. She racked her mind for what she could do. Could Elena heal the cold? Probably not... her quirk was a side effect of using not something she could heal. Lacey... maybe Lacey was inside?

"L...Lacey." she whispered knocking on the door as best as she could. She waited, praying for the door knob to turn, for Lacey to come to her rescue. All she needed was to get to bed... to get under a lot of covers and warm up. She had to do it. She was slipping, her vision getting blurred. "Daniel..." she managed to whimper to him telepathically before she fell in a heap in front of her door.

Daniel marched into the girl's dorm, his heat radiating and causing discomfort. He vaguely heard Ginny's mental whimper and he cursed. He had to find her. Somehow that whimper helped him know which floor. He took the stairs two at a time, fearing that someone had found her. Alarm shot through his body, if an assassin found her he would level the building.

He made his way up to the third floor, trying to find her. A heap of clothes at a dorm door made him pause and he rushed forward. "Ginny!" He hissed, falling to his knees beside her. He pulled her into his lap, cursing as he found her skin too cold. He needed to get her somewhere warm. He pounded on what he hoped was her dorm door, draping his jacket over her body. He put his head to her chest, glad to hear she was still breathing. Her body was far too cold and he pounded on the door once again. "Damnit..." He rubbed his hands together, "If you can hear me, forgive me for my forwardness." He pulled her into his lap, curling his body against her. He managed to control his heat, his shoulders cramping as he focused on warming her gradually.

"The k..key. my p..pocket." Ginny whispered as she held onto the warmth that was trying to penetrate the frozen chill.

She hadn't thought he'd heard let alone found her in time. Of course Lacey wasn't in. She was so cold she wasn't even shivering anymore. Just breathing shallowly. There was nothing like using your powers on yourself. It was the most exhaustive procedure.

"Sorry about this..." Daniel groaned, reaching into her pocket and fishing out the key. He tucked her against him, fumbling with the door while trying to hold her close enough to keep heated. He finally opened the door, panicked eyes looking back at her. "Okay I'm sorry...you shouldn't have run out like that. You nearly scared me!" He grabbed his jacket, draping it over her before moving to pick her up. He was silent, jaw clenched in frustration.

His mind was in turmoil. If they hadn't of fought, she would still be safe in his dorm. He closed the door behind him and then moved her towards the couch. "Okay, hold on here...." He crossed his eyes, warming his arms up until he was a mini heater for her. "How can I help?" He asked, heart pounding in fear. He wanted to hold her, but was worried she would fall apart if he held her too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.