M. University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginny nearly burst into laughter but bit her lip to keep from laughing. "Oh but I'm far from normal." she said in a coy voice. She splashed at him and burst out into laugher at last.

"Your face!" she said mocking him from earlier. She placed her hands on her hips with a victorious smile on her face.

Daniel clutched his chest, eyes wide. His gaze darkened and he moved towards her. His arms wrapped her in a hug, ignoring her splashing. "Don't. That scared me." He leaned back, his childlike side coming back out and masking the seriousness he just showed. "Now you've gotta pay." He bent down, putting her over his shoulder and leaving the creek. His pants sagged the moment he left the water and he grunted as he tugged his belt loop up.

"No moving or I'll drop you." He teased, keeping his pants up by the belt loop.

Virginia squealed. "Daniel! Let me go what are you doing!?" she was squirming in his arms until his voice righted her. She lay atop his shoulder like an errant child. What was he planning on doing? Paying? He had just done the exact same thing!

Ginny focused on the water droplets painting his skin. She watched as they fell down his back to his waist. How could water look so sexy? Perhaps because it was on him? Why was she thinking this way? She had just met him. Yes she enjoyed his company but like he had said... she shouldn't want to get involved in anything. Besides, he was promised. She built a wall in her mind to remind herself to watch herself, especially her heart.

"Daniel what are you planning on doing?" she asked after a bit.

He shook off his water like a dog after setting her down. "We have to get your clothes dry..." He mumbled, a dark red blush painting his cheeks at the sight of her wet jeans and t-shirt. "Okay, now stay very very very still..." He put his hands out at his sides, Flames erupting from his fingertips. He approached her, putting his hands inches from her skin. "If it gets too hot, you've got to let me know."

He ran hands up and down, just inches from her skin. "I didn't mean to over react. I just worried is all...I don't want anything to happen to you...." A blush darkened his cheeks again and he avoided her gaze much like a grade schooler.

Ginny allowed him to move his hands just inches from her body. It was unnerving. It stirred something deep within her. It was warmth not caused just by him. Why was she stirring for someone that was completely off limits? She mentally kicked herself. She watched as his face turned a deeper shade of red with every few seconds that happened. She moved her hand to brush along his cheek.

"I like this color on you." she murmured softly. "I didn't mean to worry you. I'm pretty tough you know... I'm not some fragile flower." she said softly remembering how her parents had isolated her and shielded her to make sure she was always safe. too safe.

"Yeah, I suppose so..." He leaned his cheek into her hand. Daniel always found her type of temperature more than cold but less than warm. Something he was unused to and thoroughly enjoyed. He finished heating her clothes to almost dry and stepped back. "Ginny, I care for you and just don't want to see you hurt." He turned around and moved to the shore to grab t-shirt, keeping his belt loop up with his finger.

Looking back over his shoulder, he grinned. "So, do you have class or can I watch you meditate or whatever? I like how your eyes change color. Nothing I do ever looks that cool." He joked, shaking his head to send water droplets flying everywhere.

Ginny watched him carefully, her own cheeks tinging rose with his comment. She looked at her watch. Thank God it was waterproof. She still over an hour and a half before first class.

"You sure you don't wanna just go practice your pyrotecnics?" she asked with a smirk, teasing him was proving to be her favorite sport right now.

She was surprised with how dry her clothes felt. Finding her place on her boulder she focused on his shirt before he could reach it. It lifted off the ground. She twisted it with her mind to wring the water out of it. She held it before him as if to let him reach for it. When he seemed to go for it she moved the shirt away. A smile danced on her lips as her eyes began to glow once more.

"I usually need absolute silence to do that." He tried several times to catch his shirt, eventually looked over at her with a sigh. "If you wanted to keep a momento of me, you should have said so sooner." He walked towards her, moving to crouch on the boulder in front of her. "Although, if you're going to wear it, wear it as a nightgown so people can't see your stomach." Daniel winked, leaning in until his forehead was almost flush against hers.

Teasing her was becoming something that was fun. The best part was he could be himself around her. Whether that be the fun side of him or the darker side that everyone seemed to fear.

Ginny's concentration weakened having him so close. She tried to regain it without pulverizing his shirt. "Oh if you're going to leave me with your shirt as a memento it's only fair you get something from me."

With the shirt still suspended in the air, Ginny looked over at her backpack laying against a tree off to the side. There was a black bandana tied to the strap. She loosened the knot and had the piece of fabric floating over towards him. She slid the fabric against his face softly, as if caressing his cheek. Down around his neck and down his arm. She concentrated closely as she tied the bandana onto his wrist, careful not to tie it too tight.

"It might smell like girl... sorry." Ginny said with a smile, her neon eyes looking back at his green ones.

Daniel's eyes went wide with shock when the bandana made an appearance. The fact it was his color only distracted him for a moment before he was assailed with her perfume. He held his wrist up to his nose, shrugging. "Eh, I don't smell anything." He lied.

The scent was sweet but not overpowering. It smelled more like flowers after a light spring shower, earth, and light. He grinned, cocking his head to the side. "Sorry all you get is a burned and ratty t-shirt." He stared at her, eyes piercing and dark. A tension settled in his chest with something he had not felt in a long time...

Was this excitement? Happiness? No, no....this was a crush...he hadn't felt like this since grade school. Yet, this was much more serious than just a crush. He blinked, breaking the spell. "Anyway, may I walk you to class?"

"Y...yeah." Ginny said with a soft smile. Watching him smell her perfume had caused her heart to twinge with excitement. She grabbed the shirt at once and held it close before folding it neatly and placing it in her book bag... the thought of wearing his shirt had her blushing. She walked beside him out of the clearing. The sunlight was now way brighter than when she had gone into the woods. She shielded her face long enough to grab a pair of sunglasses from her backpack. She placed them on her face and looked up at Daniel with a smile.

"Any specific studies you're doing? I'm heading into computer animation. Believe it or not I want to make the games people get addicted to. At least animate certain characters." she said one hand holding onto the strap that hung loosely off her shoulder, the other waving softly back and forth as she walked beside him.

Daniel walked along beside her, rubbing his bare chest as he yawned. Her bandana was still tightly tied around his wrist and he was determined that it stay that way. "Me? uhhhhh, I was going to try for engineering." He shrugged, looking over at her with interest. "I changed my mind. Instead I'm doing sports medicine." He leaned over, holding up the hand that did not have the bandana. "I mean...I can pull a Mr. Miyagi if I wanted to."

"Computer animation sounds cool. I don't think I could ever do something like that. I might melt the mouse." He grinned, eyes lighting up. Soon, they were back on the main path towards the school. A few of the airheads stopped to admire him, but for the most part the walkways were clear. "Most of my classes don't start until tomorrow. I piled too much on one day I think."

Ginny nodded listening to him. Sport's medicine sounded really interesting. "Well heat application is a part of sport's medicine. I'm sure you're good with your hands." She said before she could stop herself. She was so happy she was at her building. A deep blush covered her features as she fussed with the strap of her book bag.

"Well I'll see you around then. Try not to get into any trouble." she mused before rushing up the stairs and into the building. She did her best not to turn back and look at him but failed after a few steps. She looked over her shoulder, her eyes locking on his before she smiled, turning into her class room.

"I could show you how good I am with my hands if you want..." He teased, staring her dead in the eye. Like that, she was gone. She raced into her classroom and he stood there, watching her carefully. There was a moment where she turned around to look at him and he smiled at that.

Then, he pivoted on his heel to head towards his dorm. "Damnit...Daniel...why didn't you ask for her phone number?" He growled at himself, shaking his head. He reached his dorm, entering and moving to flop on the couch.

"Hey, where were you and where's your shirt?" Shawn's voice piped up as he entered the room. "Where'd you get that bandana?"

"Uh? Oh, yeah...lost the shirt but got the bandana in return." Daniel's eyes were unfocused and he stared at the wall.

"Oh no....not the girl. Look, your mom is already pissed off that my sister broke off the engagement. You could be putting that girl at risk." Shawn moved to sit on the floor, watching Daniel carefully.

"Thank God your sister ended it. My mom couldn't say anything if she called it off. I hate arranged marriages..." Daniel sighed, a small smile playing on his lips until Shawn mentioned Ginny. "Ginny's a big girl...she can take care of herself...." His eyes turned troubled and he stood to move towards his bedroom. "Look, mom doesn't have to know about her." He tugged on a light blue shirt, looking over at Shawn. "I can protect her if need be. I've gotten stronger, I might be able to fight mom off this time if something happens."

Ginny spent class focusing as much as she could but every time she picked something out of her backpack, the singed fabric of his shirt made her think of him. This... this was worrisome. She was definitely liking this guy. Her mother would be at this very moment telling her to watch out. "Guard your heart Virginia." she could almost hear her mother.

The first day of classes was exhausting and after doing her homework and getting showered she pulled on his shirt. There was a hole on her stomach large enough to show off her flat abdomen. Lacey watched her and cocked her head to the side. "Since when do you wear rags?"

Ginny shrugged. "Well get dressed in regular clothes, tonight is movie night in the rec building. They're showing divergent. Free popcorn. Come on!"

Ginny pulled a jacket on, zipping it only up to cover the hole before sliding on her shoes and heading out with Lacey. She found herself wondering if she'd run into Daniel.

"So that guy... I know you're thinking about him." Lacey mentioned. Ginny looked over at her shocked. "I don't have to be a mind reader to know. It's obvious. Kinda cute. I hope I run into Keith. He was pretty damn nice."

"Ew Lacey." Ginny said shaking her head. Her roomate laughed as she held the door open to the rec building.

"For your sake I hope she gets a bigger title another way. THen you won't have to fight her off." Shawn shook his head. "Get dressed. Rec center."

"I don't wanna..." Daniel pouted, grabbing a jacket. He tucked the bandana away under the sleeve, smoothing out his blue shirt.

"Uhhhh, that's what your mouth says. Looks more like you plan on looking for someone." Shawn teased.

Daniel moved towards the door, slipping on his shoes. "Maybe I want to make sure she's okay. I don't know if the other guys have picked her out or anything."

They both made their way towards the rec center, teasing each other the whole time. Both of them argued over silly things, trying to keep the topic light and away from either of their parents. They finally reached the building and Daniel found himself in his usual place in a small circle at the back of the crowd. Now it seemed there was a larger circle that formed around him. Too many of the students had heard that he had somehow beaten an earthy. One of the strongest on campus. That made him dangerous. For someone to go up against their opposing element and win like that was rare.

The rec center was very full. There were four rooms that had sheets hung up so projectors could be used to play the movie. Lacey had drug Ginny through all four rooms so she could find Keith. After the third roundabout she was sure Keith had stood Lacey up. Ginny was groaning inwardly that is until Lacey was picked up and carried off in a fit of lips and squeals. Ginny was left standing alone in the third room. She tried to find somewhere to sit but it seemed that the whole room she was in had been separated into couples. She grabbed a bag of popcorn that had been set into boxes so people could grab them and found an empty spot on the floor.

She pulled her knees into her chest, taking up as little room as possible. Her hair was still damp from her shower and she ran her fingers through it nervously as she sat alone. She closed her eyes tight wanting to shut out the sounds of those around her. She could hear their thoughts. Some were thinking filthy thoughts about when the movie began, for later in the evening. Others were wondering who she was and why was she alone. It was enough to make her just walk back to her dorm. She fought with the idea, throwing some popcorn into her mouth.

Daniel had searched all four rooms, not finding Ginny at all. He finally gave up, moving to sit in the fourth rec room. The room was hardly full, mainly singles occupied the room. He leaned his head back, groaning and wishing Ginny was there. If he had telepathy....

He rubbed his face, frowning at the movie screen. He hadn't shown up for the movie, he had really shown up just to make sure she was okay. If he had telepathy he would shout until he found her. Or...maybe he should shout until she found him? He focused really hard on the number four, hoping his thoughts would somehow reach her. After five minutes and crossed eyes, he gave up. He took a deep breath, not realizing he had almost passed out from concentrating so hard.

Everyone in the room was now looking at him funny, several of them backing up. He must have looked like a bomb about to go off. In fact, his skin was much warmer than usual. Radiating a heat that could easily melt plastic silverware. "Oops..."

Ginny had been halfway through her popcorn bag when she felt something. She couldn't explain it. Like a light flashing in the distance calling for her attention. She focused, her eyes glowing as they did when she was extremely concentrating. The light became brighter and brighter. It was a number four. What did that mean? Then she concentrated on hearing the thoughts again. She pinpointed all the pyros... searching them one by one until she found him. She smiled.

Standing up she shuffled around the couples until she made her way into the fourth rec room. She had been concentrating so hard her eyes were still glowing. She tried to find him and it was pretty easy, every one around him had moved away over a foot and there was a heat wave in this room. She smiled. Elena had been sitting a few feet away from him and looked up to see Virginia's bright neon eyes.

"Trippy." she murmured looking at her. Ginny became self conscious remembering that her eyes were glowing. Damn it. She thought to herself. She moved slowly towards Daniel, sitting beside him despite the high heat.

Daniel had closed his eyes, leaning his head back after the first five minutes. He had concentrated hard enough to make the room go from comfortable to almost too hot. He sighed, rubbing his face and grunting. She must not have been able to hear his thoughts. He sat up in the seat, about to leave when he smelt a perfume...a perfume he knew. He looked beside him, frown instantly melting into a smile at seeing her. "You found me!" He hissed, wanting to lean over and hug her at the sight of her well and whole.

He stopped himself just a moment before. His skin was too hot. If he touched her, he could burn her. He would have to wait a few minutes for his skin to cool. Sometimes being a Singed One sucked. Daniel looked at her, smiling. "I didn't know if you'd be here or not, blue eyes."

Status
Not open for further replies.