Lurking in the Dark [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad%20V.%20Keiser_zpsg8hxwcue.jpg
Tori%20Jane%20Quin_zpskkieml0j.jpg

Note: Read this twice for full effect. First time read it quickly with the song playing then read it along with the time stamps.

Start Song

"Reeda where have you gone."

Chad hummed lightly to himself as step by step he waltzed his way through the narrow paths of the festival. The last of the innocents were fighting their way through towards the exit and Chad only gave them a light nod in passing as he twirled his guns on his index finger. There was a cold blankness in his smokey grey eyes as he stared onward and then with a kick to his step he picked up the rhythm just in time to see a large hulk of a man hovering over a frightened little girl.

Song Time: (0:15)

A lengthy coated arm leapt out and with a flick of the wrist and a light squeeze on the trigger a spiraling bullet soared into the head of the 'bully' before him. Chad grinned and let loose another just for good measure as the monster of a man was launched away from the girl. Another leapt out from one of the vacant vendors stalls springing forward with claws flourished.. on mostly human hands. Chad turned on a pivot much like the steps to a dance as he pulled the trigger twice and let loose two bullets into the monsters head,then turned just in time to see one more of them. This one was much skinnier than the rest and it launched towards him with a knife in hand....

Song Time: (0:36)

The screams...running...panic...Tori observed it all with her usual vicious smile, delight at the chaos around her shown by her small chuckle as some humans stumbled. Though it was no where as good as being involved herself. Boredom at her lack of involvement had tore down her previous restrictions, as she was not supposed to do anything but supervise, causing herself to push herself away from the consuming shadows of the alley. Her hooded form stepping out with long strides into the chaos, hand dropping into the pocket of her coat to idly play with the handle of her knife, ready. "One won't hurt, right?~"

Tori found herself moving through the panic filled masses, simply twisting and ducking to avoid being dragged along by them, a tune already dancing on her lips as her eyes looked around for something...someone...

Song Time: (0:58)

A sudden jolt and Chad flung his arms up wrapping them around the arm of the poor fool before him, his body twisted and he flung the man to the ground turning all in the same motion and taking a knee beside him. Chad wrapped his hand around the monster's and with a swift jerk used the bastards own knife to stab him several times. Now his body was in full swing as He jerked around and flung the loose blade into the nearest victim, which happened to be the one he'd first shot. "Didn't wanna die right huh?" Chad sneered and watched as the man fell right in front of the little girl. A part of him ached for the little girls sanity... but there was no helping it now.

Chad rose up then and moved over to the girl ignoring the amassing lots as he knelt beside her and reloaded 'certain' rounds into his guns. "Don't you worry darlin... Dragons.. are scarier than monsters.. ill show you.." Chad turned and glared onward into the swarm of rats. If looks could kill... well.. then the job would be too easy.......

"And the lonesome rider.. comes.. home.."

Chad smirked and whispered under his breath.

Song Time: (1:19)

"Tori!!"

Teal orbs snapped up towards the trembling voice, a growl rumbling from her chest as she looked up from the fallen human on the floor she had just come to decide would be her prey. Anger at the loss of her prey because of this idiot..."What the fuck do ya' want?" She hissed, slowly stepping around the human to the terrified rat, taking a grab at his shirt as she brought him closer.

"T-there is a agent here! He has already started killing off some of us!"

Her lips parted in delight for a moment as instincts had just then decided she wanted to see the agent that had struck fear into one of these weaklings."Ya' know...Our plan was to keep the agents here...so it'd kinda expected..." She cooed softly, her gaze already having shifted to the crowd. "Well...You are useless, go run away already, kay?" With the dismissal, Tori had already given him a harsh push, sending him to the floor before she walked around him as well, attentions back on the crowds.

With the rat out of her way, Tori stalked back into the slowly decreasing group of people with predatory strides, eagerly pushing away any of the rats that had come up to her about this infamous agent. Right now, all she could think about was him anyway. Her grin became almost cheshire when she picked him out from the rest, gun in hand...the child was easily ignored as teal observed her new 'prey'.

Song Time: (1:41)

Just in time for the first the ring leader to arrive a loud bang echoed through the air, and next came....

Fire.

Lots of fire as the bullet collapsed in on itself and let loose a hyper explosive gas that when combined with basic oxygen set off like a perfectly made molotiv. The rats screeched in agony as they clawed their way away from the agent. Chad had already let loose three more rounds as he spun about, and just as the clip dropped from his gun he ducked switched it out, locked, loaded and fired what appeared to be a normal bullet right between a pair of bright teal eyes.

"There she is.. my baby blue.." Chad laughed as he dropped one of his guns to the ground and drew out a very intricate and thin bladed combat knife. Looking up to see that the ring leader was not so easily killed as the rest. An amused smile played at his lips.

Song Time (2:02)

One brave soul had no clue what they were getting into as they rushed chad and tried to open claw at his face. The agents body swiftly darting around as the back of his polished shoe connected with the side of the rat bastards face. There was more than just him of course. One of those still on fire but dealing with it muchhhh better than others were launched from the back of the crowd.. maybe hoping to land a fell blow? Chad stepped back gracefully dancing on his toes as he deflected what might have been a lethal slash from a monster at his sides. A cut formed on Chad's suit coat as and blood slipped to the ground, but the agent didn't even wince. In the mean time his spare gun was pulled and fired point blank into the bastard that had managed to cut him... "Oh see this is a lot of fun and all.. but I don't want to make it over too easy... so come on.. entertain me more!" Chad roared out to them as he raised his gun and laid out another two by shooting them in the forehead to make his point.

Song Time (2:28)

With a new found vigor the monsters made a circle around him. Though none of them were quite so willing to step forward... Their leader... obvious as the one that no one dared to crowd. Her teal eyes never left his own. Compared to hunting the really big bads.... this was nothing for an Agent like Chad whom had perfected the art of murder. In his word.. 'justice." And for a while things crept to a stand still, and a stare down between the only two people that mattered here... Chad taking the first step towards the leader of this whole fiasco, his cocky smirk ever present in contrast to his dull grey eyes. "Distraction I presume?"

"Well of course...Don't you think a distraction like this is one of the best kinds?" She paused for a moment."Ya' know... If I didn't just watch you massacre some of my comrades I probably wouldn't of even answered ya'..." She mumbled, cocking her head lazily as her grip on her knife tightened.

"Ahh that.. well ya see... " Chad pointed his knife at one of the dead monsters and chuckled. "That one... he looked at me funny..." Then to another. "THAT one.. well he jumped at me while on fire.. I mean who does that?" Obviously playing coy with the leader as he finally pointed at another of the monsters with his knife. "That one.. well .." A slight of hand and a bullet implanted in the forehead of yet another rat. "I just didn't like his face..."

Tori just chuckled for a moment, the sound itself dark. "Ah...Well, they do tend to look funny don't they?" She purred, not daring to even let her gaze stray to the corpses. No, they were inconsequential to Tori...though she doubted War would be happy with their current, and probably soon to increase, death toll. "I can't say I'm even upset these morons are dead...if they were weak enough to die then..." Turning her attention to the gun briefly she hummed. "Though I do feel bad that my men upset you...They never did learn any manners." Eventually her smile seemed to grow, once again watching him with her usual predatory gaze, him solely being her focus. "You seem to hate us quite a bit...Dont ya?"

Chad smirked and lowered his gaze for just a moment. "Yeah.. that i do.. "

Song Time: (3:07)

Not so much that the battle was lost to him but he could remember it. Pale skin with the scent of fruity shampoo. Fresh out of a shower as she would stumble out of the bathroom and attack with kisses. Chads fists tightened into an unbreakable ball around his weapons as he then raised his head again, this time his eyes were snake like slits of murder as he glared at Tori.

"Well Shall we get on with it then?"

Tori just smiled impishly, humming as she finally pulled out her knife. "Shame. I was hoping I was gunna' hear a story about some horrible monster murderin' ya' family or some shit..." Her tone becoming that of an adult to a child towards the end. Regardless of his story, Tori would see it as a story from a whining kid or something along those lines...She just wouldn't care whatever it was. "But yeah, we might as well right?~"

Chad chuckled and let his arms drop lazily to his sides. "Might as well."

Song Time: (3:35)

Without delay Chad sprung into action again this time flourishing outwards to connect his blade with one of the claws of one of Tori's more competent companions. Chad twisted mid air after being flung back by the impact and fired off the last two shots of the clip into the same monsters head. Landing like a cat he swung his leg around to trip the first of the bumbling idiots rushing in to stab him, then fell to the ground on top of the bastard stabbing into his heart and twisting before he rose up and flipped backwards to avoid the swipe of a man with scythes for hands...Chad recoiled easily enough and with full force of his body swung the knife around back hand in an attempt to impale the imposing monster.....

Tori had huffed for a second after watching the rats fall easily. "You guys should really keep away..." She whispered, though her eyes narrowed dangerously on the agent who was taking out her faction members. For a moment she was still before she decided to intervene to at least save some. Tori stepped forwards, deliberately slow at first, before she took off into a run to approach Chad and the current monster engaged with him, soon to be impaled.

Her hand shot out the second she was in range of the duo, her hand grasping at the back of the rats shirt, closing into a fist before she threw her arm back forcefully, taking the monster with it so he was promptly thrown out of the way of the agent.

Chad tried to recover as best he could, and turned to face Tori. His blade came around as did hers as the two... real threats at this party finally clashed. Chad grinned from behind his knife. "You're cutting in... and you didn't even ask for a dance.. not very lady like..." His grip tightened and he pushed against hers gritting his teeth behind the steel.

"Damn...Oh well, never was a proper lady now...~" Her grip tensed as she pushed back, eyes remained narrowed and on him as she was left with a scowl to decorate her features, the two blades locked against one another....

Song End

nJQsSMG.jpg

[[Afternoon, Gothenburgh, Park]]
[[Interactions; Anna @FrostedCaramel]]

Anna's sudden awakening came as a relief to Elias. Even more so since she seemed lucid and totally back to normal. His normally worried expression softened into a smile a smile as she spoke. Sure he trusted Adams not to do anything to cause major harm to Anna but at the same time he had pulverised one of her arms when shooting her full of tranquillisers. It wouldn't be unthinkable for him to have accidentally let her hit her head on the way down.

At the mention of her hunger Elias scrambled to pick up the bag of convenience-store food he had bought and handed it to her. "Here. I figured you'd still be hungry, but this is all I could find." After a beat in which he idiotically stayed silent Elias realised he should probably fill Anna in on what had happened and why they were here of all places.

"Uh...after Adams knocked you out me and Chad found you two. Nobody got hurt, except for...well, you obviously, and Adams. He's fine though, don't worry. It wasn't that serious."

Whether that was strictly true or not Elias didn't know - after all there had been a lot of blood - but he didn't want to worry Anna. And Adams had felt well enough to go running off to the ministry. A slight twinge of guilt struck Elias. Maybe he should have gone to help after all? Skilled as Adams was if whatever was happening at the ministry was a big enough deal to send even the first rank agents scurrying back then, injured and without a hound, he might be in trouble.

"Ah...Chad and Adams had to go to the ministry. There was a blackout or something, the minister called and said everyone needed to go back to help. Since you weren't really in any state for that I stayed back to take care of you. Hanging around the festival didn't seem like a good idea, so I just kept walking and...we ended up here. How are you feeling now?"

WiYC6AX.jpg

"There is a time and place for everything... Maybe it is time to help out."
♥ MMW HQ ♥ Midday ♥ Gothenburg ♥

OOTD
"I think I got blood on it..."
[spoili]
38e2faa374754a7fc7d8b379aae8c255.jpg
[/spoili]

Mention
"Where the hell is everyone?"
♥ Random NPCs ♥
♥ 1/C Agents ♥
♥ Monsters ♥

Interaction
"I'm so dead!."
♥ Escapee Monster

tumblr_loskpm1AEO1qln3n1.gif

"God, these seriously cannot go that long, can they?"

Shumi had been forced to come to a stop, small form hunching over as her hands rested upon the black tights covering her thighs. It was times like these that she seriously regretted not going on that workout routine her Agent had offered her, but Shumi was a stubborn one. She seriously did not feel like getting super buffed up. How would she fit into her clothes? She had worked hard to get this wardrobe... It would be a waste if her arms could suddenly not fit into her puffy sleeves. She had seen her mentor... The woman was strong... Shumi was not really built for that....

Shumi frowned. It was thoughts that like that that made her seem weak in the first place. This was a lifestyle now and if she wanted to get anywhere in this damn place, she was going to have to start changing her attitude a bit. She had already taken the first step, being that she had escaped the Administrative Department to make her way towards some actual action... What that was, she did not know, but one thing was rather odd to her... Where was everyone? Okay, she knew the basic answer to that, being that most agents had been sent off to the festival, but it still threw her off that little to no one was actually investigating the issue. No one had followed her, but the emergency stairs were the only way to get around the building now. The elevators were out, so did it not make sense to think that she would have at least seen someone other than just the dark, empty walls. It was rather unsettling... almost too unsettling, for Shumi could sense something was wrong... something was off. The biggest concern was that the emergency generators had not even kicked in yet... What kind of sense did that make? It was all suspect to Shumi as she made her way down the last few flights of stair, path only illuminated by the bright light of her Galaxy 6 plus. The beads of her phone case lightly clicked together with each step she made, heels echoing with each extension... It was too quiet... eerily quiet... disturbingly quiet...

Maybe it would be best for her to scout out some floors, right? It only made sense, for it felt as though she was in an abandoned building rather than a facility filled with able workers, but she moved rather quickly, coming to a level platform and eyeing the metal door. This was not main floor. She was on the third floor currently, which was the area for the Rookie department. She did not really understand why they had their own floor, probably to keep them out of the hairs of the actual agents in the facility. No matter. Shumi stood up on her tip toes, gazing through the glass window on the door... Only to find nothing really. It was just as black as it was everywhere else, Shumi turning the handle. It gave a click, Shumi feeling herself stiffen despite herself... Why was she suddenly so on edge?... She had no idea, but the door opened with a loud creak echoing through the empty halls, Shumi sliding through the small crack in the door and letting it slam shut behind her.

"Hello?"

She called out softly down the long hallway, yet was greeted with nothing in return, her eyes wandering over the area in the darkness with a small sense of foreboding doom. She did not know why, but something seriously was not right... Well, this floor was never exactly full of people, being that most of the rookies were either following their agents, readying for their quals, or off getting food... There was usually one or two left in here though... It was never empty, but it was the sheer silence that threw her off more than anything, her odd bravery moving her forward despite her flight response wanting to kick in. She was an agent for fucks sake... not some child. She was supposed to be brave... Suppose to investigate when shit was going down.

"Maverick?... Tyler?"

She was rattling off random names of her Rookie comrades, she body inching down the hallway in an odd amount of silence. She did not feel safe here, hand reaching down and pulling up her skirt, revealing a small pistol hidden against her thigh. She pulled it free from its small holster, clicking off the safety as she held it close, finger already on the trigger. She swallowed, eyes wandering over the empty rooms, letting her flashlight illuminate the darkness that surrounded her... How... absolute it was, this darkness. It felt almost alive... breathing, as though it was closing in on her.

"Alexis?"

FtFtFtFtFtFt

There was a noise to her right, sounding out in the darkness... so oddly distinct, yet foreign to this entire area. Shumi froze where she stood, body immediately shifting against the wall, gun up and ready, heart pounding in her chest... Oh this adrenaline! She felt almost alive, despite the pants-pissing fear that was running through her, but she could not focus on that, small head turning and causing those almost pink curls to bounce about her head as she edged closer to the door... What sound was that? Shumi did not know, but it reminded her of Potato scratching at tissue paper... or chewing on her wood chips.

CRUNCH.

It was a sickening snap, Shumi nearly jumping out of her skin as she listened into the darkness, yet she did not run away. It was only a mild expression of disgust that ran over her, feet inching more and more towards the door.

CRUNCH. RIP.

What the hell was that? Shumi could feel her heart racing... Her head pounding in her ears as she gathered her courage to step away from the wall, gun immediately forward, phone flashlight extended with her to illuminate her path as she remained in the doorway. The noise only continued, Shumi seeing nothing at first but the whitewashed wall covered in shadows at the end of the room... She moved her phone to the left, wandering over tossed aside chairs, a broken desk and computers, books splayed about precariously. Who the hell had made such a mess? Shumi did not know, but judging by the giant hold in the computer monitor, she was slowly realizing that maybe there was much more trouble here than she would have originally thought.

CRUNCH. FTFTFTFTFTF

A shiver ran up her spine, Shumi's gaze shifting to the darkness on her right. "Who's there?" It was a stupid question, but the first thing to pop in her head. She was shaking.... yes... shaking like a leaf, her small gun rattling in her hand against the beads on her phone case, yet she swallowed, taking deep breaths as she turning, light wandering back over the walls to the right, taking in the further destruction... The blood sprayed against one of the walls... before coming to a halt against a leathery.... brown back It was about the size of a man, with skin a shade between a puke green and a shit brown, either way it was indeed a hideous site. It was hunched over, the bones of its body jutting out against its thin skin. She could see it all, how the creature breathed, those barely hidden ribs expanding and retracting with every movement it made. It's longs legs were folded, the creature squatting over something that Shumi could not see. She could make a guess though, eyeing the long tail with a dagger like point at the end of it. She swallowed, for the first time actually realizing her fears. for this was happening... This was really happening. It was a mixture of fear and pure excitement though, each striking her like wave after wave and keeping her rooted in the same spot...

"Monster..."

That head suddenly shot up, thin spider web hair falling around the creature. It was a thin mane, barely covering its bald, liver spot covered head, but Shumi was completely enthralled by it, her gaze only widening further. It knew she was here now, so she might as well speak up. "Stop where you are and put your hands in the air, Monster." How utterly small her voice was, Shumi frowning with the realization that her words had not held as much confidence as she would have hoped. It was shaky, but the monster did start to move. It was a cracking sound its wings made, thin skin stretching over bone as black claws glistened in the artificial light. Its tail flicked, Shumi frozen in the spot as the head ticked slightly to the right, before making almost a 180. It was a large, yellow eye that stared directly at her from across the room, Shumi seeing the blood splattered against it oddly fragile form, yet whatever was in its hands, the monster dropped it...

barrinhasparablogbrushesphotoscapebuttonsBackgroundsblogtumblrbrushephotoscape20110719-barinhas54.gif

CLICK THIS SHIT, YO!

[spoili]
[/spoili]

barrinhasparablogbrushesphotoscapebuttonsBackgroundsblogtumblrbrushephotoscape20110719-barinhas54.gif

It gave a loud, sickening thud, as though the object was wet, no more than a sack of potatoes. She quickly illuminated it, keeping the creature in her peripheral as her eyes fell upon a limp hand flopping out from the darkness... A body...

"...What the actual fuck..."

Those were the first words that left her, but Shumi was immediately brought back by a sickening snarl of a voice, like nails against a chalkboard.

"It is you scum that held us, but our leader has freed us."

Shumi's flashlight immediately moved back on the creature, who was rising from its squatted position, fully placing its carnage on display. A mangled corpse, completely unrecognizable in this lightly, and due to the actions the monster had committed. It was completely gored out, a hollow casing so wide that Shumi could see the membraned covered spine all the way as the back of the man's chest. It was an expression of pain and horror that he must have had. Shumi would not have been able to tell, for where his face should have been, the monster had completely clawed it to pieces, bottom jaw ripped clean off to leave a naked tongue leaking against the floor... Oh god the horror... What kind of creature would have done something so vile... so absolute repulsive? Shumi had known monsters to be savage... but this? This was an act of vengeance. There was so much detail put into the demise, yet Shumi could not look away, the image burnt into her skull. She paled drastically, the nausea quickly setting in, but thankfully her stomach was empty. No, it was real fear that she felt, her gaze flicking back up to see this creature of bone and leather fully facing her. It was naked, sagging breast determining that it was a woman, yet any fat was completely gone from it, except an expanded stomach with which quivered and shook with each movement. Shumi was backing up already, the snarls of the monster growing louder... almost aggressive as black spikes pushed up from that brown skin... Its arms extended, the fire of its yellow stare completely locking Shumi in place for a moment. Its tail flicked from side to side, sharp blade goring the walls as it hunched slightly.... and then:

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Its screech was like that of a banshee, pushing Shumi from her petrified state as she screamed back automatically, gun firing out of reflex and striking the creature in the shoulder. The monster roared, body knocked back slightly from the force of the blow and spraying green blood against the wall, but it did little to stop if, for Shumi had only angered the beast.

Those eyes turned back to her, Shumi's breathing quickening, heart racing as she realized that there was only one option for her...

|| Run. ||

It was automatic as she turned, Shumi dodging out of the way just in time as the monster barreled out of the room, claws extended, wings carrying it as it slammed its body into the wall, the force of it literally knocking Shumi off her feet and onto her stomach, yet she was already scrambling up, fear forcing her forward as she somehow managed to keep a hold on her items, ears filled with the screeches and battle cries of the monster behind her. Shumi took off down the hallway, hearing the flap of those wings, the clink of those claws against the tile floors as the monster collected itself and took off after her. A few bounds and Shumi was at the door, turning the hand and pushing it open, sliding back into the emergency hall and moving to close the door behind her.

WHAM!

The monster threw itself against the door, like a bat out of Hell with enough forced to break the glass. It sent Shumi back, her body twisting as she went crashing down the flight of stairs. "Ah!" She hit the ground with a hard thud, the wind knocked out of her, but nothing was broken, Shumi groaning as she rolled over onto her back, shifting up a bit to see the monster struggling, shrieking in pain at the glass that had gotten into its wings. Its head was immediately up though, eyes locking on a moving Shumi, who pulled herself up just in time to hear the movement of the monster flinging itself down the stairs. Shumi turned sharply to the left, avoiding most of the monster, but catching the end of that tail ripping onto her dress and slicing her thigh. "Fuck!"

It was a cry of pain, but it did not stop her as she almost leapt down the stairs, turning sharp corners as the monster followed behind. She did not even know how close it was, but she did not dare look back. She could not see in this darkness, but she did not care, breathing gasps as she practically flung herself down the last flight of steps onto the main floor, barreling through the door and rolling out onto the tiled ground. She was panting, scrambling for a place to hide as she immediately dived into the nearest office, body rolling behind a nearby desk and coming to a halt.

What sort of shit was that? Shumi could hardly comprehend what had just happened, form twisting as she moved up, gun pointed towards the door as she only checked her bearings, eyes quickly surveying the area before falling onto the door once more... She could hear it, how that monster blasted through the door, its shrieks of rage echoing down the entrance hallway to the main floor. It rocked Shumi to her very core, wide-eyed stare locked on the entrance to the office.

"Where the fuck are you!? I'll make you all pay for the shit you did to me!"

Was this lady fucking insane? Shumi did not know, but she could not move... She hardly breathed as each step brought the creature nearer... and nearer... Shumi could feel it, that aura of the monster, how the very air seemed heavier. Her head was pounding, this adrenaline pumping through her veins now more than ever. This was what it felt like to be an agent? She felt more alive than ever, only left waiting as the monster blasted through a nearby office. It did not know where she was, Shumi hearing its angry screeches, it roars for blood lust, yet the creature was having none, but Shumi could feel it growing closer.

Its claws dragged down the halls, Shumi's eyes falling closed for a moment, as though to try and calm her mind from the noise. She could hardly think straight as it was, body trembling more and more as the monster grew so close. She could see its shadow, Shumi's hand ready on the trigger of her gun. Would it do much, she did not know, but if she died here... like this... No, she could not think about such things. She wanted to live... She wanted to get up to the top, to have people know her, to be strong and have a hound of her own! She could not let herself die like this, hiding behind a desk in a ransacked office. There had to be others somewhere... She could not possibly be alone... Anyone...

jUNzgEz.gif

tumblr_inline_n66b9nXQ2m1s3vpv9.gif

hamtaro_by_keygo1-d42a41b.gif

Last edited:
RM3FXnh.jpg

1st Rank Agent Jonathan Adams
Gothenburgh
Ministry of Monster Welfare​
Interactions: Rookie, Long Shumi
@DoomyCakez
Driving with his left hand Adams pulled a small kit from the dashboard and opened it as he kept his eyes on the road, he groaned as he pulled the wheel to the right, swerving to keep from stopping for a car attempting to turn left. The car jumped the curb with its right tires for only a few moments which warranted him some stunned looks from pedestrians as he pulled back into the road. He pulled from a small pouch in the kit a thumb sized flash light which he quickly slid into place under his handgun. He clicked it on for a moment to make sure it worked before shutting it off again.
Bounding up the steps in twos and threes Adams reached the front of the Ministry just seconds after getting out of his still running car. Peering through the glass doors into the main lobby Adams could see that it was dark and deserted and oddly enough seemed free of any sort of a struggle, 'Good maybe it really is just a black out then' he thought as he pulled the glass door open with his free hand. "No way that's the case though." he said to himself while flicking on the flashlight on his handgun.

Sweeping the weapon from side to side through the lobby he couldn't make out anything in particular to give away that there had been any sort of an attack on the Ministry, 'Take no chances though...' he thought as he pulled his second handgun from its holster holding it lazily at his side, ready to be pointed in any direction needed. He kept moving, through the lobby and into the halls that made up the Ministry, he noticed a few binders and spilled coffee cups as he neared the door to the offices of the main floor, 'This won't be good.'.

"Where the fuck are you!? I'll make you all pay for the shit you did to me!"

Adams stopped in his place on instinct at the voice. He reached his left hand over and shut off the flashlight on his right handed weapon. Bathed in darkness he quietly made his way to the door to the main offices as he swapped out his tranquilizer rounds for their more deadly counterparts. Coming to a stop at the door he peered through the window only to be met by the same familiar darkness he was surrounded by. Slowly he pushed the door open, making just the faintest creaking as he did so. He slipped into the main office space and cushioned the door as it closed behind him, and then he could hear it, a blood curdling screech from around the corner.

Adams ran the few meters to the corner of the hall, no longer concerned about how much sound he was making he came to a stop and peered around the wall. Holding his breath he was just able to make out a form in the darkness, winged and making its way from one office to another destroying as it went, 'Searching.' he thought as he stepped from the corner, bringing both weapons up to bear on the monster ahead of him.

He sighted on the monster as it turned for the last office in the row and squeezed his triggers. In the darkness the flashes of light from his handguns was blinding; the noise, deafening in the confined halls of the Ministry. Adams watched as the monster shivered as each round met its mark before it rag-dolled to the floor in the doorway of the office it was in front of. Keeping the flashlight off he swept past each office, being sure that nothing was waiting to jump him as he made his way to the lifeless monster ahead. He stopped in front of the office and fired two more rounds into the monsters head for good measure before flicking the light back on.

It was an ugly thing for sure, greenish-gray and spattered in red, although the red was more his fault than the monsters. It had glass in its wings, and from his quick glance over it six bullet holes. "Huh." he said as he turned the flash light into the office, "Oh." he let out as the light steadied on the face of a young woman pointing a pistol at him, "You alright there?" he asked as he eyed the blood stain that led behind the desk that the girl was hidden behind.

~Division Process~
@The Mad Squeen
@WitchesRayvyn

"I'm all out of love! I'm so lost without you!"

zzng

"Hey"

"Oh shut up!"

Against the tedious buzz of the vehicle the music had been a very nice contrast, Corinne thought to herself. But of course Gabriel had to find some way to ruin even that. Sometimes she wondered... Why? Why was he of all people a hound. She obviously knew the answer since the two of them had been comrades of the finest caliber for such a long time. Yet moments like this, when her heart stung.. and her anger was just on the verge of ready to boil over Corinne found herself questioning just what cruel fates would pit him and her together? "Comrades.. Just Comrades." She lightly chuckled and spoke under her breath. She wasn't dumb though; Corinne knew that Gabriel had some of the greatest perception in all of the MMW, the fact that he didn't respond perhaps was even worse than if he did.

"You know... one of these days all of this.. sleeping around.. its going to get you a disease."

Corinne couldn't hold herself back anymore, both in spite and... some slight itch of concern she leaid it out for him even if she knew that she was also lying to herself, and he knew it too. Gabriel cocked his head and smirked. "Oh a disease huh? I must have missed the memo that Monsters were able to catch STDS now. No no, You see I am quite lucky in that regard... I get to enjoy life and the only consequence I ever have to worry about are the angry fathers, husbands, or boyfriends that might show up wanting to shoot my head off. Barely a consequence at all I assure you." Gabriel smiled and then turned back to messing with his phone.

Corinne kept her eyes on him for a moment, not even capable to respond to him. They were almost to the ministry now, she needed to forget it.. to focus! "Yeah you have fun with that." She finally smote him and put the car in park. It took less effort to ignore the strain in her chest now that she was pissed thankfully.

Gabriel put his phone in pocket and exit the car squinting to hyper focus his monster eyes to see the finest of details in the windows. "flashes.. by the frequency it looks like gun fire." He stated coldly and turned to Corinne who was already getting her own weapons ready for trouble if needed. Gabriel approached and looked through his own selection. "It wont be possible to set up a vantage point unfortunately. The Ministry has done quite well in making this place ultimately sniper proof." Instead Gabriel picked up a silenced pistol, some tranquilizer darts, and a clip of normal bullets. Then he took a detachable machine gun piece as well and bagged the equipment. Corinne ignoring him was already on her way up the stairs to the employee entrance.

"Really now of all times?"

Gabriel sighed and shook his head as he followed behind her. It wasn't that Gabriel was unaware of this side of Corinne. In fact... ever since old suit and glasses had slipped up... and allowed herself to enjoy a single night... Things were sometimes like this. And in times like this there was no way to calm her down. "A master of seduction, and info gathering... and I can never tell what the hell you are thinking... you know that." Gabriel chuckled as he stride past her and the two of them both flicked on their flash lights.

Corinne remained silent for a moment. There was an internal struggle not to even respond, or to light him up.... This insensitive demon... that had no idea.... In the end devils won out for her as well. "A whole day at a festival, and not once did you spend the time there with me. We both were stuck there and yet you still found a way to ditch both me and your job." She stated coldly, not willing at all to show the emotion behind such blatant statements.

Gabriel turned back to look at her, but Corinne didn't stop for him.

The sound of footsteps on the marble floors resounded through the halls and Corinne raised her gun up, before ducking behind the corner of a doorway.

"Come on. Just a little bit more this way. We have to hurry come on."

Corinne peeked around the corner to see a woman with pale white hair leading a following of what she could only guess were escaped monsters. She turned around to Gabriel after the initial threat had passed and her face had changed. Gabriel knew this all too well. All of the Agents had a face for work.. and this was it. Corinne was ready to do what needed to be done here that much was apparent. "After this is all said and done.. we will talk about your misconduct at the festival... I'm not going to let you off easy though so be ready." Corinne smirked slightly to meet Gabriels own and the two of them nodded before She broke the plan down. "I will follow that group. I assume Adams and Chad will be getting here shortly so rendezvous with them and send whatever reserves down here to assist when you can. We can't afford to let those monsters escape." Gabriel was somewhat reluctant, but he also knew better than questioning the Intellects planning. And with that the two split. Corinne slowly trailing the monsters down the stairs, and Gabriel skulking his way up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take long for the sound of gunfire to rack Gabriel's mind. No doubt this wasn't some simple blackout even if he still had no immediate idea what was going on. Gabriel flicked the safety on his gun as he rounded a corner and noticed two men holding hand guns at the end of the hall. 'Freeze! W.. we will shoot!"

Gabriel nodded once and lowered his own gun, only because he could see they were clearly ministry personnel. "Gabriel Silento, Ministry Hound Class A. If you come and search me my badge is under this jacket, or you can allow me to show you. I realize this is a very precarious position so lets do this right boys."

The two of them looked to each other and Gabriel could tell they were cautious. Yet slowly they approached and lifted the jacket to see the badge given to the highest ranking agents of the Ministry. "Appologies sir... we had to be sure." Gabriel was used to this. After all he was a monster and with them being compromised by enemy monster factions they were going to be on edge although it spoke plenty of these two's low rank. Shaking off the issue Gabriel chuckled and walked past them. "You two must be lower ranked. Not to be meant as an insult I assure you, its just I haven't slept with you yet." The two of them looked between each other both confused and disgusted but neither said anything. "Alright well whatever is going on we need to get up to the main floors and aid where we can. Give me a recap of what you know about the situation. They did just that.

Gabriel sighed and placed his hand on his forehead. "What a mess. Alright... never mind what I said. You both head downstairs. take the right a\on the first floor and head for the basements. Agent 1 Corinne is down there and she will need back up. Im going to go and make sure we can get the rookies out." The two of them nodded and then marched down the stairs as Gabriel continued up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corinne was following slightly behind, taking to the shadows where she could. It was mostly silent, but the one leading them was quite cautious and kept looking over her shoulder which made this more difficult. 'There are a lot of em... taking this many on.. isn't a great idea.." Corinne planned under her breath. Talking to herself out loud had always been a problem for her when she was in a stressful situation.. this was no different.

Finally the woman leading them stopped and said what she needed to. It was an emergency exit they were going to use. Apparently one that was just next to a sewer. "Rats." Corrine commented quietly as she looked behind her to see if anyone was coming. Deep down she wished to see Gabriel coming around at her flank, but there was no one.. and she was running out of time. Once the rats got into the sewer they wouldn't be able to follow them, not without severely decreasing mission success percentage by over half easily.

The last of the Rats aside from the woman leading them exit through the 'hole in the wall' and Corinne knew then.. that it was now or never. Lilith turned just in time to see Corinne standing in the hallways. A flash light pointed in her face as Corinne held her gun steady in hand and pointed it at Lilith.

"Don't move."

Elizabeth LeClair 2.jpg Azusena Lyneth Faust.jpg

Gothenburg Afternoon The Evergreen Festival
A COLLABORATION BETWEEN
@Aka~Kitsune and @Gladis

Chaos. Chaos everywhere. Stalls were being trashed, people were scattering like ants in feeble attempts to escape, smoke was rising from somewhere in the distance... it was a complete and utter mess. All Elizabeth had wanted was one day off. One day away from all of her work and responsibilities. One day where she'd just be able to relax and enjoy her time with Azusena... and then this. To say that she was angry would have been a serious understatement. Elizabeth was furious, though anyone who saw her blank expression as she stood admist the chaos by would have thought otherwise.

Azusena watched the chaos and perceived it differently as her eyes seemed to spark briefly with amusement. Though it quickly vanished as she ceased her more darker thoughts. Breathing through her nose, Azusena turned briefly to watch the humans run through the crowds before looking back over to Elizabeth, amusement turning to concern. The blank expression on her features made Azusena humm softly before reaching over to take Elizabeth's arm, leaning forwards slightly to study her face. "Lizzzzyyy...Are you okay?...What should we do...?"

"I'm fine. Perfectly fine. I'm just going to kill War. Otherwise, couldn't be better." Her grip of her handbag tighetened. She wanted nothing rather than just get out of there as soon as possible. Murderous rage flashed through her red eyes. She was just about to turn on her heels and simply walk away... when she realized something.

A sense of panic overcame her.

"Miki and Luca... they were going to be at the festival, right?" she asked, turning her head to look sraight at her best friend.

Azusena furrowed her brow in thought for a moment before nodding softly. "I think they both should be here, yes." She mumbled, reaching up to brush some of the hair from her face and behind her ear. Turning to look back around the slowly fading crowds, her eyes narrowed before glancing back to Elizabeth, confusion on her expression.

"Should...we get involved?" Azusena asked, cocking her head slightly. Every now and then her gaze flickered over to the occasional passing person.A slight part of her really wanted to go an eat one of the-...Nope, she was to civillised for that...probably not but... "To stop this...or find Luca and Miki?"

"I...don't know..." For a moment she felt too panicked to even move, nevermind think properly. Taking a deep breath, she reached into her purse to take out her phone. Once it was firmly in her hands, she swiped across the screen to unlock it before quickly opening her contacts list, scrolling through them until she found Luca's number.

With her phone tightly pressed to her ear, she waited for her nephew to pick up.

And she kept waiting, until eventually...

"The person you're trying to reach-"

She hung up and tried again.

No luck. With gritted teeth she scrolled further down the contacts list, until she found Mikaela's number. It was worrysome that Luca hadn't picked up. She could only pray that nothing had happened to him. She wasn't going to freak out. Elizabeth was far too composed for that. Yet that didn't mean she was able to shake the bad feeling that accompanied her as she once more pressed the phone against her ear.

This time it didn't even ring. The long beep on the other side of the phone could only mean three things. Either Miki had lost her phone, turned it off or forgotten it at home. With a resigned look, she slipped her phone back into her purse before fixing her bright red gaze on Azusena.

"We need to go look for them."

Looking back at her, Azusena felt a sense of urgency. Elizabeth was clearly rattled by the lack of answer and Azusena hated to see that in her. She did not want to see Elizabeth unhappy...A small nod was all she was able to make out before she began to look around the festival. It was in a terrible state with the crackling of flames in the air slowly growing louder and a heat settling with its increasing presence.

"Of course...Where do we look first though...away from the chaos...I doubt they would go towards it right?"

Elizabeth sighed, closing her eyes for a moment as she took a deep breath. Then she glanced in the direction of where the people were running from, before looking towards the exit.

"Let's split up, I believe it will be liklier for us to find her that way."

Azusena nodded as a small, faint, smile came to her lips. "It'll be okay, Lizzy." She was just going to hope that the two had gotten away from the area and in the chaos were unable to pick up...or their battery died. "We will find them. Promise." A supportive grin took over her lips as she pulled out her phone, her grip tight. "I'll go this way and call text you if I find them. Be careful though Lizzy...please?" With that, Azusena turned on her heels and picked up her pace to a run, already looking through the crowds for Miki or Luca.

@Wolfsin @The Mad Squeen

Lilith lifted her arm to shield her eyes, a soft hiss slipping from between her lips. Once her eyes had adjusted to having the light shined into them, she dropped her arm but made no attempt to move, other than to cross her arms over her chest, no real emotion showing on her face other then annoyance and perhaps boredom. As if being spotted and potentially captured or killed meant little if anything to her. This wasn't true in the least, but she'd be damned if she would let some ministry scum know what was going on in the back of her brain. Inwardly she was cursing her luck loudly using words and phrases that would make any seasoned sailor blush. She knew she should have followed the rescues into the sewers when she had a chance, but noooo she had to let her curiosity get the better of her. If she had followed Z and this situation had happened perhaps she would feel differently. Z was more of an in your face, got your face kind of fighter, whereas she was usually most useful from a distance. Of course she did have training in physical combat, and she had natural weapons of her own in the form of her speed, teeth and venom, but she didn't take damage as well as her fellow Rat, so she tried to stay off the front line as much as she could.

She studied the woman who currently had her gun pointed at Lilith, her blue eyes taking in as much detail as they could, sizing the human up for once things started getting interesting, and Lilith had no doubt they would get interesting and soon. The woman in front of her was dressed in a no nonsense kind of way, from her short cropped brown hair and glasses reminiscent of a librarian's to her nondescript blazer, blouse and pants. She was pretty in her own way Lilith guessed, a little too strict and up tight for her tastes. She glanced behind the woman, whom Lilith had already guessed was an Agent given her look and arched a delicate white brow "What? No doggie tagging along to help you take down the big bad monsters? Do you really think that is a wise choice, what with Z running around pissed to hell with you all for locking him up? I'm sure you saw his handy work on your way down. He's quite the artist wouldn't you say? I'm a real fan of his work. He always takes such pains to make sure you humans look your best." She glanced down at her hand in a dismissive fashion, checking her nails for no real reason other than to stall for time. "I'm a bit of an artist too, but my pieces tend to be a bit more presentable and statuesque. I left a few laying around myself. You should give them a look at some point...if you get the chance." Her lips pulled up at one side as she gave the human a smug grin. "Perhaps you'd like to volunteer to be my next model?"

Maria%20Vogel_zpsa6xfcrws.jpg
Hisato_zps1rv2tyaq.jpg

Gothenburg ✬ Afternoon ✬ The Evergreen Festival

A COLLABORATION BETWEEN
@Katherine Sanderson and @Gladis

All around them people were running. Panic was thick in the air. People were afraid and Maria didn't know why. She despised not knowing things, especially when it was relevant to her current situation. She grabbed onto the nearest person who ran past her.

"What's going on?" she demanded.

The man she'd grabbed was short and skinny with a mop of blond hair and brown eyes wide with terror. At first he couldn't get a word out, opening and closing his mouth several times uselessly. She grabbed him by the lapels and gave him a shake.

"Get a hold of yourself and speak," she hissed at him.

"M-monsters," he stammered as she gave him a hard stare. "Th-they were k-killing people."

Maria felt her eyes grow wide. She let the man go and turned to Hisato. As soon as her grip loosened the man bolted but she barely noticed as she tried to reorganize her thoughts in order to come up with some sort of plan.

Maria was not a fighter and this wasn't a situation she would be able to do much about. But it was in her job description to help keep people safe from monsters and it would reflect badly on the ministry and more importantly Zach if she were to do nothing. So she turned to her companion, sure that her indecision was clear on her face.

"What should we do?"

Despite the clearly bad news, Hisato still seemed oddly relaxed, allowing his hands to slide into his pockets as he gave her a lazy smile. It was as though the chaos, panic and destruction hadn't phased him at all.

"Well, of course we run~ I hardly believe any of us would be able to take them on." As he said this, his tone of voice far from matching his words in terms of cheerfulness, Hisato reached out to gently grasp hold of her hand before beginning to pull her along. Perhaps it was just out of sheer habit, or perhaps he wasn't quite as calm and relaxed as he pretended to be.

"Now now… where was the exit?" he murmured to himself as he glanced around, not realizing that he was heading in the completely wrong direction.

Maria sighed and pulled them to a stop. "Wrong way you idiot," she said as she began pulling him in the opposite direction. Her words could be considered harsh but her voice held a clear note of affection. Hisato was right, his calm helped her compose herself, it wouldn't help anything if she were to die here.

As they reached the exit and Maria caught sight of the guards who were helping to herd people away from the festival location a thought occurred to her. She walked up to one of the capable looking ones and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, take this," she said as she removed her own tranquilizer gun and rounds from her person and gave them to the guard. "It's my tranquilizer gun, you could probably use it more than I could right now," she explained. "You have to come return it to the MMW when this is over." She quickly flashed her ID, showing her status as a ministry employee and scientist.

She didn't give the guard any time to respond before she continued pulling Hisato along to what would hopefully be safety.

"That's my Maria~" Hisato said with a grin, "Always eager to help. I suppose I'm lucky that I've got you, or I'd probably have been resurrected mince meat by now~" He laughed as he allowed himself to be pulled along.

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
WiYC6AX.jpg
Jonathan%20Adams_zpsalapchp4.jpg

UrMGTdh.gif

♥ STARRING ♥
@DoomyCakez - Shumi
@FrostedCaramel - Sandman Adams

♥ LOCATION ♥
Main Floor Basement Level Holding Cells

♥ INTERACTIONS ♥
NPCs

divider.png

Gold-line-divider.png

0xUuZXh.gif

Gold-line-divider.png

Shumi had thought that she was going to die. Literally, she was already praying for her soul to every deity she could think of, even if she had never been the most religious sort. Maybe if she prayed, then possibly whatever immortals would look down upon her in some sort of favorable light, possibly take pity on her for dying in such a horrible way. Oh yeah, she had never actually pictured her death to be this way. She always thought that she would grow old and wrinkly, lose a couple inches on her height, but gain a couple in girth. Possibly, she would be placed in an elderly home if her kids were assholes, or maybe if she was lucky enough, live to sit on a rocking chair on her front porch and talk about how fucked up the future had become. Yeah... Yeah, she would have like that, to grow old and lay in a comfortable, oversized bed with a bunch of fluffy blue and pink pillows and pass onto the next life surrounded by butterflies and puppies and shit.

That was not going to happen though... Not unless this monster just so happened to be carrying fluffy blue pillows and pug puppies. Shumi quite literally doubted that after what she had seen of the monster. If she was carrying any puppies, Shumi was rather certain it had been crushed to death after all of that flailing and slamming that creepy leather body against every surface the monster could manage. Nah. Shit was not going down that way. Shumi was going to be gored out and emptied like a pumpkin on fucking Halloween. She was going to be strung up by her own intestines while the Crazy Bitch beat her to death with her own leg. Just the mental image of that made her sick to her stomach, hands shaking with that gun in her hand as that shadow grew... as those long black claws slowly curled around the corner on the door and ripped through the milk colored drywall. Oh God... Oh Allah, Budhha... Vishnu... Fucking Oprah, or anyone that just so happened to be looking down at her with some sort of pity. At least with her adrenaline, the pain would not be as bad... right? If she got lucky, maybe the monster would kill her on impact... right?

So many thoughts seemed to run through her mind at this very moment. Hell, her whole short life seemed to flash before her very eyes the moment that she saw those white teeth glistening in the darkness. Why was it now that she decided to freeze up? How was it that she was not able to pull the trigger? Was this what fear actually felt like? Was this what it actually felt like to face Death? It was inevitable, but where Shumi felt she would greet Death with a smile, she was terrified, able to feel the warmth of her own tears against her cheeks as she sucked in a breath, trying to will her body to pull the trigger...

BANG BANG BANG

"KAIIIIIIIIII!"

Shumi was not sure what had just happened exactly, her body locked in that same position, everything completely rigid and statuesque. She had not pulled the trigger. Hell, her fingers were completely locked into place, yet green blood splattered against the walls and floor as that long, skeletal body crumbled to the ground with a sickening thud. It was almost unnatural how it sounded, Shumi only able to see that hand release from the wall, goring long gashes through drywall and ripping through the wooden doorway before disappearing into the darkness. Whatever flashes that the gunfire had created were gone, the loud bangs echoing through Shumi's head as she only stared, dumbfounded for a moment or two.

What just happened?... What is going on? Is this some sort of joke?...

She had not breathed that whole time, only staring at the wall outside the room as green blood slid down to the dark floor, yet she could not move, could hardly process that she was out of immediate danger. She hardly even heard the screams and shrieks of the dying monster, who was cursing and spitting at whoever had just attacked her. Even then, Shumi did not move to finish the job that someone else had done. She could only stare ahead at where the monster had been, watching a large shadow pass before the gun fire started up once more, forcing the monster into silence.

"...what?..."

It was for the first time in a while that Shumi heard her voice so small, jumping as a flashlight was suddenly illuminated in her face. It seemed to immediately will her back into action, jerking her gun up to point it at whoever was in the doorway.

"Oh."

"..."

Shumi was not exactly sure how much time had passed between her and the man standing in the doorway, maybe because her adrenaline was still pumping and she was slowly coming to terms with the fact that Oprah had actually heard her frantic prayers for salvation. Regardless, even when she realized that the person was at least human, she still could hardly cope with the idea that she was actually alright... that she was not going to die a grotesque death while watching the skeleton-lizard-bat lady eating her entrails like Honeynut Cheerios. Instead, she was left squinting at the light blaring at her, staring at the other with an expression of complete confusion.

"Are you alright?"

"W-what?..."

Did she fucking look alright? What type of question was that? Shumi could only answer with a question of her own, confusion still reigning strong as her gaze fell just past the other, trying to capture a glimpse of the recently made potato sack of a monster corpse.

Letting out a small sigh at the agent in front of him, Adams lifted the flashlight to his face and forced a smile, "It's a figure of speech, I know you're not alright, and could you get that gun out of my face please?" he said as he moved through the doorway toward her. Shumi had hardly even realized she still had her gun pointed at the other, safety off, and finger still on the trigger. What the hell was she thinking? She was not thinking... She was still in fight mode, or whatever she wanted to call her blubbering, shaking mess of self. She swallowed, shaking hands willing themselves into action as her gun fell towards the ground, Shumi visibly deflating. "Sorry..." She was trembling all over, wide eyes still flicking between the agent and the door, as though she was waiting for that shadow to return any moment. Instead, the Elder agent only moved closer through the darkness, kneeling beside her and placing his gun aside. Adams looked the girl for a moment before he found what he had been looking for. A deep gash was steadily oozing blood from the young womans thigh, deep and ragged it needed to be handled soon or she risked passing out if not worse, "I'm going to go ahead and take care of this if you don't mind?" he asked of the girl in front of him.

She hardly saw the other in this light, yet the flashlight had at least given her enough to go off of to deem him somewhat friendly. Was her apology for almost shooting him, or for the sheer fact that she was quickly realizing just how utterly useless she had been a few moments before? It was quite possible that it had been a little of both, Shumi's attention pulled back when the other mentioned a... wound?

"Ah..."

She was wounded. Shumi had actually forgotten that, and it was only now that the agent mentioned it that she even felt that slow, burning pain crawling up her leg and side. Fuck... That Crazy Bitch actually got her pretty well, Shumi using the flashlight to actual get a glimpse of it. She had created a small pool of blood on her side of the desk, the gash cutting through the top of her thigh and filleting her like a chicken breast about 5 inches down her leg... It was bleeding quite a bit, but it was not deep enough to leave too much lasting damage. At least she did not think it managed to hit anything vital, especially if she had been running on it all this time. Despite those thought, Shumi looked back to the other, frowning a bit. "I don't think it's too bad. At least it did not it an artery or anything... maybe just a bandage will do, but I really am fine. Definitely fine if this is all I came out with."

Allowing himself to genuinely smile at the agents optimism; however misplaced, Adams pulled his scarf from around his neck and quickly worked it under the agents thigh and back around again, "I guess I'll have to settle for just a bandage then."he said jokingly as he crossed the scarf over itself directly on top of the gash, "Now I don't mean to frighten you or anything but this is probably going to hurt quite a bit".

At least the other was a bit of the joking sort. Despite that, Shumi could not really hold back her small, unheard protests as the older agent removed his perfectly clean scarf and work it around her thigh. Fucking great. Her first opportunity to actually show what she was made of, and Shumi ended up being more of a damsel in distress rather than a hero. She could not stop that feeling of being rather lousy, especially after it had only taken this man a few shots to take down a monster that had almost made her into a fucking meat puppet. Her thoughts were interrupted though as soon as the other spoke.

"Really... I don't think its very necessary..."

He frowned a bit at what was going to come next, "Count of three." he said in a reassuring voice before immediately tightening the bandage down on top of her wound with no such countdown even beginning.

God, she hated this feeling, yet her protests once again went unheard as the agent started crossing the scarf. Oh yes, Shumi knew exactly what he was about to do. She had practiced it herself a bit during her Trainee days, but she had never actually had to do it hersel-

"AHH! FUCKING HELL!"

Holy shit, Shumi had not actually felt pain like that since... well actually getting the fucking wound itself. It was as though her entire body jumped into action, small hands immediately grasping the Older Agent's arm. She was not going to stop him, but it at least made her feel better to squeeze the shit out of him in return.

Smiling as the agent fruitlessly attempted to choke his arm he simply kept working. Giving the scarf a pull and brining it tight back around her thigh he tied the ends around themselves once more. "You fucking jerk-". With a half-assed "Three." he tighted the scarf further. "AAARGH!". Shumi screamed again, unable to hold in those sounds of pain leaving her. How could she, for the other was not even warning her of his shit.. Letting the scarf's ends fall from his hands, Adams leaned back on his feet and wiped his now warm and wet hands on his jacket before grabbing his weapon and standing again.

Fucking hell, he was a piece of work! This fucking bastard thought this shit was funny or something? He was going to slice her leg in half with this bullshit, but luckily that was the last one, Shumi left with tears stinging her eyes, watching Adams with a stare that could only spell mental death. It felt as though her soul had actually left her body, her leg left throbbing, small hands hovering over it as though terrified to touch it. It felt like if she did anything else, it would literally fall of like the leg of one of those cheep fucking barbies, but at least it was over....

"Time to get going then." he offered a hand to the younger agent and waited fro her to snap back to reality from the pain she had just experienced.

Her gaze flicked up to the other, staring at that bloodied hand of the other with probably the angriest glare she could give him. "Count to three, my ass..." That literally was a dick move; however, all she could do was give a small, pained chuckle, as though she was in some sort of shock rather than in her senses, but she shook it off, retreiving her weapon and extending her hand to grasp the others. How coarse they were though, oddly warm from what Shumi was guessing was her own blood. Her movements were labored though, leg oddly stiff as she eased her weight a bit off her ass, thankfully with the help of the other. The actual pain only now hit her, but she shook it off with a bit of a brave face, leaning onto the desk for a moment. "Where are we going? Have you come from the bottom levels? I was just on the upper floors and it is completely cleared out."

Helping the girl to her feet Adams stepped back and pressed himself against the wall. Raising an eyebrow in the darkness he cocked his head to the side as she spoke, "Not from the bottom levels, not exactly." he replied before continuing "The upper floors are clear? I didn't expect that in the slightest." in his mind he shifted his plan from making sure that the others had gotten clear to make sure that the monsters were all still deep below ground where they should be he quickly ran over his options and settled on one without saying a word.

"Alright then, I'm going to be taking a short walk to the lower levels. Find out exactly what it is that's going on around here--" he released his magazine and quickly counted his rounds before reseating it, "--you're welcome to tag along, but I'm not going to force you especialy not with your leg in its current condition." he slapped a hand on his thigh a few times and pushed of the wall before pulling the other agent to her feet. Still in pitch black save for his flashlight Adams couldn't really tell if the other agent was doing too hot after everything she had been through.

Taking a moment to be sure that she was steady on her feet Adams took a few steps to the door and stepped into the hallway. "Stairs are back this way, down a few flights and we'll be right where I want to be... That is if you are coming along, if not mind giving me any extra magazines you've got?" he reached an open palm back into the darkness expecting the agent to cave and give him her extra ammunition and get the hell out of Dodge while she still had the chance.

Shumi hobbled a bit once she was actually on her feet, using the desk as a bit of a crutch as she tested the weight on her leg. It was more annoying than anything else, but she was up and fine, shifting her skirt a bit and wiping off any dust from her ass. She did hear what the other said. His plan sounded pretty solid to her, but there was one issue. Did this asshole seriously think that she was going to run and flee in the face of danger?

...Well okay she had already done that once, but that did not mean that she was going to do it again, especially in the presence of someone she deemed as pretty much a badass. She did not know what class agent he was, but either way he was a superior. Her impression so far had been shit poor, so it was only common place to try and do a good job now.

She could only see part of him in the odd lighting, but she watching him move into the doorway, but it was his request for her magazine that kind of irritated her more than anything. She frowned, gaze flicking from the back of the man's head, to his hand, and back up, as though she was actually insulted by the idea of leaving now. Men must be few due to the situation. They would need all hands, and even if she was wobbly, she was still able.

"Let's get going then."

Her voice was rather matter of fact as she straightened, moving across the office space and out the door, lightly smacking the elder agent's hand out of the way as she moved out into the hallway as well. "You'll just have to save your ammunition and not go bullet crazy. I'll have your back nonetheless." She said that with a bit of offense, gaze dropping to stare at the dead monster just to her left. It really was a pity, but she could not really let that affect her now, turning back to the other with a large amount of determination. "Lead the way."

Pulling his hand back in front of him, Adams managed a smile at the younger agents determination as she pushed past him. "Slow down there cowboy, rush down there and you may end up like your friend there." he said walking past the young agent and the lifeless monster. Shumi could not help but grimance at that idea, letting Adams pass with only a look of mild nauesa at the fallen monster. How utterly lifeless it was, the green blood having caused a rather large puddle over the floor. Adams did not seem to mind, from he sloshed right through it. Shumi frowned, the smell of it probably one of the more off putting things, but she followed behind, giving the creature a swift kick in the side before stepping over it. Moving quickly to the stairs, Adams didn't stop to make sure that the younger agent was keeping up, instead opting to see if she would actually be useful by testing her determination to stay with him.

Stopping at the door Adams slowly opened it, letting the light from his flashlight flood the stairwell, casting ghostly shadows from the rungs of the railing on the landing below. Sweeping up the stairs he caught no movement or signs of struggle and began making his way down the stairs. Shumi hobbled close behind, wanting to stay in the small amount of artifical light that was offered. She did one last sweep of the stairs just behind the Elder Agent before letting the exit door close behind them both, the sound echoing rather darkly in this abyssal scene. They were moving rather quickly though, Shumi using the railing as a bit of support as she somehow managed to keep up with her companion. He surely was not holding back though. Passing the first basement level he continued down to the level that held the more dangerous monsters. How far would they have to go though, for everything seemed to be utterly quiet. Shumi could not exactly pinpoint it, but something was indeed off about that. She was getting the same feeling she had been earlier with the leatheredbat monster from earlier. It was that same eerieness... that same silence that had disturbed her before.

They came to a halt at the bottom floor, Adams pressing himself against the door, and shutting off his light. Shumi was close behind, foot catching on the last step as she stumbled forward into the back of the other. Luckily for her, he was more solid on his feet, only shifting forward a bit from the extra weight to push harder against the door. As he did so he found it odd that the door seemed heavier than usual. He pushed harder, but found it caught on something... or someone... Shumi frowned, but shifted over a bit to help, both Agents managing to shift open the door with a loud creak and squishy slide. "That's not normal..." Shumi commented, stepping away from the partially open door; however, the elder agent was already on the move.

Adams slipped through and turned his light back on, in front of him lay a mangled body, human by the armor it wore and no doubt gutted by one of the monsters that was supposed to be locked away in this hell hole. Shumi was close behind, freezing in the doorway upon seeing the body in nearly the same condition as she had seen the other earlier. "Oh god..." Kneeling in a puddle of what was once no doubt body temperature liquid Adams pulled the extra magazines from the poor bastards vest, shining the flashlight upon the fallen agent's face to reveal a rather youthful complextion. Shumi's hand came up to cover her nose and mouth, as though she was keeping herself from being sick. She had honestly paled a bit, be it from earlier blood loss or the fact that the heavy odor of death was hanging in the air. It was utterly stifling, but her eyes were glued to the man's face, orbs of ocean blue staring lifelessly at her in a frozen look of terror. With his right hand Adam's quickly shut the man's eyes and stood again, "Sorry buddy, we were too late." he whispered as he turned away from the body and looked down the hall in the direction of the maximum security cells. Shumi only stared down at the man, for now in this lighting she could really see everything. Even with his eyes closed, the look of fear was so evident on his face. He did not look much older than she was, yet he had died in such an utterly violent way... It was so final... so absolute...

"Down this way. We have to be sure of which ones got out, then we need to check on the max-sec monster cells---" Shumi jumped a bit at the elder agent's voice, head shooting up to watch as he pointed a thumb back at the body, "---but I'm already rather sure which of them escaped..." he whispered as he shined his light slightly ahead of him. Shumi let her gaze follow the light, swallowing with the realization that the two of them might have been out of the fire, but they seriously had just found themselves in the furnace...

Picking his way through an assortment of shell casings, misplaced gibs of people, and broken cell doors Adams noticed a small tail of what appeared to be a snake. Whatever it was attached to disappeared around a corner, but did not seem to be among the living anymore. Shumi's gaze widened slightly, voice cutting through the darkness despite it being a slightly highpitched whisper. "Another monster?" Shutting the light off, Adam's raised a fist in the darkness, telling the young agent to stay put without having to use any words. Shumi gave a small gasp at that, honestly finding herself almost insulted by the obsurity of such a gesture. She was not going to stay behind. Hell, she wanted a better look, hissing softly to the other in the darkness. "No way, Grandpa. I'm right behind you." She definitely was, hand extending to lightly hold onto the back of his coat as he inched forward towards the hall corner. Shumi was on her toes a bit, hand extending over his shoulder to hold her gun steady, ready to fire when needed; however, they stopped exactly at the corner, pressing to the wall for a moment before finally shifting forward to peer into the darkness and switch the flashlight on.

Gold-line-divider.png

M8yTvnk.gif

9c460c543f2848a9764a6898cfc3daff.png

Gold-line-divider.png

0xUuZXh.gif

Gold-line-divider.png

The light on, Adams found himself face to face with the tails farther end. The face resembled that of a cobra witha distinctly human shape to the bones beneath its almond brown scales.Its mouth was hanging open with two massive fangs, each about as long as his pointer finger, that dripped with a noxious green liquid as he stared, and its eyes seemed to have been gouged out in a skirmish, the empty pockets casting a shadow into themselves.

For a moment Adams was sure it was dead, its body just propped up against the wall. Shumi was taken aback by the creature, but something was again not right... Something was again off about it. The way its body seemed to twitch softly in the odd light. That meant that it would have just died right? That could not be possible, for there was no sign of anyone else around, other than the deceased guard at the end of the hall, and he was cold.... All of those thoughts, as well as the Elder Agent's assumptions seemed to halt though as soon as the the monster's forked tongue whipped forward at the air in front of him.

"Hello, agentsssssss"

It's voice was indeed like a serpent, low hiss echoing in the otherwise empty hall as the creature suddenly moved. It was oddly long, about a head or two taller than Adam's was, with a Cobra-like crown surrounding its head. Whatever had been human about it was completely invisible now, that long tail flicking for a moment as golden green scales were illunimated by the strong flashlight. It's eye-less sockets were staring directly at them, and even thought it seemed impossible, Shumi could tell that it could see...

Putting a hand back on the chest of the agent behind him, Adams grasped Shumi tightly and pushed her back as far as he could before bringing his weapon up as the creature began to move. "Ah-" Shumi was still not very balanced on her feet, small form stumbling back from their corner to fall back towards the darkened hall. She caught herself against the marble floor with a loud squeak, form turning just in time to see the Monster already on the move. Its tail whipping as fast as Adams' eyes could follow up and around his right leg pulling him down to the ground as he fired his first two shots which went wide and careened into a wall somewhere farther down the hallway. The blasts illuminated the area for only a moment, Shumi yelping into the echoless darkness as the sound of struggle already blasted in her ears.

Being dragged on his back behind the creature, Adams tilted his head back and brought his gun up over his head, leveling it on the monster, hesitating for a moment as he saw the younger agent in his line of fire.He pulled the trigger, watching small spots of blood appear on the creatures back as he did so. Shumi was already getting up, gun in hand to point it in the dim light towards the creature; however, it was moving so fast that she could hardly keep track of it, body jerking irradically to keep up with the sparatic movements. The monster turned quickly towards Adams, letting out a long hiss as it slithered toward him. It was on him in a flash and Adams found himself unable to move as the monster was now wrapped around him and beginning to constrict him to death. It's head moving up above him, it's arms coming out to its sides as if to give him a hug; a deadly, uncomfortable hug.

"Kill this fucking bitch!" he yelled to the other agent as the monster opened its jaw wider than his head.

Shumi already had her gun trained on the creature's head, voice cutting through the darkness with an odd amount of venom. "Release him or I shoot, monster!" She did not just want to shoot the monster, for it was 'human' in some sense, even if it was a hostile entity. It would have made her feel better if they would have had some sort of tranquilzers, or something along those lines, but to kill the monster...

"Sssuch a ssshhhaaaame, a coward like her won't shhhhoooot. " it hissed as it's fangs sprung forth from the roof of its mouth, "I can sssssmell her fear."

Smell my fear... Shumi felt herself stiffen at that. It was true... She was afraid. She was absolutely petrified in the face of actual monsters. She had hesitated to shoot the first creature because of her fear, and where had that gotten her? She had missed and almost lost her life in the process. She felt more like a coward at that moment then she had ever had in her entire life, but was it not common knowledge to fear monsters? They were the creatures that went bump in the night, the creatures that haunted the shadows under your bed and tormented your dreams. She and many others had been taught from birth to fear these monsters of the darkness, and there was a time that Shumi just thought them misunderstood, that no monster would actually harm a living soul and that everything could be settled peacefully.

"Sssssseee?"

The creatures voice cut through the darkness, as though its poison had already leaked into Shumi's soul. She was shaking, trembling at the thought of having to kill another. Yes, it weighed so heavily on her mind, knowing that that was the only choice she was faced with, but she had to come to terms with the fact that this monster was beyond help... This monster really was A MONSTER. Had she been the one to kill the guard down the hall? How many others had she killed in the process? She was here for a reason, even if that was unknown to Shumi, a hostile creature with only one intent.

For an instant Adams doubted the younger agents ability to perform as he watched drops of venom fall from the monsters fangs above him.

The monster hissed once more, body tensing before jerking forward, ready to slam its jaws down upon Adam's head.

BANG BANG BANG

"GRAHHHHHHHSSSSSS!"

The sound of gunfire once again cut through the hall as Shumi fired upon the created, the monster's shrieks of pain echoing in the empty space as it doubled back, body shifting upward to expose its chest and stomach. Shumi moved forward, aim already shifting up.

BANG BANG BANG

There it was again, Shumi lighting up that chest, causing blood to splatter over those golden scales. It sent shivers up her spine, each bullet breaking those scales and echoing through the hallway, but she did not stop, even as the creature's body fell forward ontop of the Elder Agent, its cries falling silent to groans and gurgles as it bled out. It's mouth hung agap, slanted to the side and slack jawed as large fangs retracted. If it had had eyes, they would have dulled, but instead they were left as abyssal holes in the creature's head.

Shumi was only frozen now, listening to those fading hisses as the haggard rise and fall of the creature's back came to a slow... agonizing stop. She only watch, barely able to tell in this darkness, but she could at least see the outline, how that body gave only a few more twitches before falling useless all together upon Adams' body. Shumi made no movment forward though, her own breathing growing heavier... more haggard. Her hands were shaking, gun rattling in her grasp. Was she crying? She could feel the warmth on her cheek, but she blinked them back, willing herself into movement as she took a few steps forward, but she seemed to lose all ability in her legs, gun falling to point to the ground as she slumped against the nearby wall, wide eyed gaze falling on nothing in particular.

She did it.

divider.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
Gabriel rounded the corner, one of his hand guns raised just in time to aim as he saw a group of rats holding up a room of mmw employees. It wasn't surprising that the terrorists would stoop to this, but it did complicate things quite a bit. His eyes hyper focused as he read the situation... they had grown.. well lax... That worked in his favor. "Just stay still and you all get to leave when this is done... cooperate and we don't have to eat ya!" The last part said in jest... it still was far too punny for Gabriel not to gag a little as he readied a focus on the tip of his pistol. It wasn't his rifle, but it would have to do. Then he took point.

"About... 90% chance with a straight shot... drop will land me bout here... Alright.. well.. here goes..." With that Gabriel took aim from across the hall in the shadows and only for a second he opened his mouth to let out a sharp.. call... nothing pretty nothing too soundy but the sharp sound of it amplified with one of his favorite devices on his collar made the soind almost similar to a dog whistle, but only for monsters... and luckily Gabriel had not forgotten his ear phones today. After all some women made... the ungodliest of noises... something like this.."

The Monster in charge cupped his ears, and a silent pop was heard as Gabriel landed a dart right in the neck of the first one, and then a second dart in the forehead of the second rat when he'd come to take fire. Gabriel hurried to the next room and untied the binds on the agents before giving them a once over... and popping the furthest one on the right in the chest with two darts. "Nope... don't know you.. nice try though... another agent and you might have had em... not me though.." Surely the rat couldn't hear him at all as he dropped to the floor next to the other hostages... The real! hostages. "Keep heading down stairs, permiter is secured, do not go for the indoor parking lot, take the employee doors." Gabriel finished loading his gun with new tranqs and then continued his way.

BANG BANG BANG!

Rushing around the next corner Gabriel rolled to his side but noticed... that he was already late to the party, when the.. snake... thing.. monster... dafuq? dropped to the ground, and he saw a deer in the head lights little shumi... adorable little tot... and the hardened investigator jenkins... Or as casuals might call him.. Jonathan Adams. No surprise either that Adams was quick on the draw and Gabriel raised his hands in the air to show that he was not hostile. "Gabriel Silento, 1st Rank, 3rd Class.. Partner to the Intellect." Gabriel recited it as he knew it by heart until Adams lowered the point of his gun, and then Gabriel relaxed. "Looks like its a mess everywhere then... hmm.. Are there anymore on the upper floors?" Gabriel looked between Shumi and Adams, eyeing the two of them. Though nature called him to, he didn't acknowledge Shumi's tears in their situation. No doubt this was probably the scariest thing she had ever encountered.. but this was the job of an agent of the MMW... and it was better she get that reality now.

"I cleared the bottom floors, so we are safe for escape. Corinne was tailing one of them.. it looked like the main group of the rats trying to funnel back into the Sewers... but she had me go ahead."

"hmm.. did she now?"

A cold.. almost lifeless voice slipped from the shadows as three new contenders appeared. The first of them had a mask over his mouth and his eyes were bright red. White hair, and a sinister karma about him too. The two that followed him... one was a woman dressed in black, she was twirling two knives in her hands.. and the other a troll looking man with a pipe in his right hand that was much biggered than your typical gang bangers tool. Gabriel turned to them and all guns beside shumis pointed at the trio lead by mister sinister himself... "You're seriously outmanned.. are you sure you want to do this." Gabriel comments slowly tugging at the trigger on his gun. His eyes tried to hyper focus onto the perpetrators but the largest of the seemed to be shining a flash light at just the right angle to almost completely blind his special vision. These ones definitely were not like the others...

"A new challenger appears... great... "

(Incoming Collab of Camel, Doomy and I)

Mikaela%20Newton_zpsibyrwuux.jpg
Azusena%20Lyneth%20Faust_zpsbmv9lfjw.jpg

Collabation with @Strawberry275

~~~

Miki continued to run blindly through the chaotic remains of the festival, her injured arm still cradled to her chest. Every so often a missed step or unseen obstacle would cause her to stumble but she managed to regain her balance each time without falling. It was hard to believe that just a few hours ago she'd been sitting with Luca happily eating macarons in the rain.

In her hurry to get away from the armed people she'd seen Miki had gotten somewhat lost amongst the maze of half-destroyed stalls and fleeing humans. It was no surprise when, her eyes still clouded with tears, she collided with another petite figure.Miki squealed, fearing for a second it was one of the attackers, only to recognise Azusena after a moment of initial panic. Immediately lapsing back into tears, she threw her arms around the other girl.

"Azuuuuu!"

Azusena had been hurriedly pushing her way through the crowd, uncaring to who exactly she had shoved as her red gaze studied every corner and spot she could for the familiar face of Miki. Panic had began to sway her and her actions and movements became hurried and less thought out. So when a figure ran into her, Azusena blinked owlishly as she instinctively narrowed her gaze to glare at the offending person, only to change her expression into a large, bright smile at the other. "Miki!~" She happily cooed, wrapping her own arms around the smaller monster. "I'm so glad your okay! Lizzy is so worried! And with all this chaos..." She mumbled, furrowing her brows before tightening her grip.

"Are you okay? You are not hurt or anything, right?~"

Miki shook her head, needing a moment to calm down before she could answer. Just being with Azusena already made her feel so much safer.

"I-I'm fine. A guy kicked my arm real hard and almost caught me but I don't think it's broken or anything," She sniffled, holding up her arm so that she could see the red boot-mark left on it. Though it stood out a lot against Miki's pale skin and there was no doubt it would bruise badly she could still move her arm freely. It just hurt. A lot.

"Have you seen Luca? He went to meet up with his dad a while ago so he should be fine, right?" Miki chewed her lip, looking to the older monster for reassurance. She still didn't even know what was going on here.

Azusena's gaze softened as she reached out to take the girl's wrist, bringing her arm closer to see the mark upon her skin. Azsuena flinched at the sight of it before releasing her arm and hugging her once more. "How could someone do that to you! You are so adorable its unfair!" Azusena whined, pouting slightly before grinning once more, reaching over to pat her head softly. "I'm sure that ill mannered man got caught up in this chaos. Karma and all that crap, you know?"

Releasing Miki she felt her brows furrow before she shook her head. It took her a moment as she tried to recall the faces she passed and then shook her head again. "I haven't seen Luca...But he probably got caught up in this and got out with the crowd...right?" Worry briefly flickered over her features before she smiled, less so than normal but she smiled. "Give me a second, I need to text Liz~"

Miki gave a hesitant nod, deciding not to mention the man had been one of the ones causing all this trouble in the first place. At least it seemed like it. Why else would he be carrying around a weapon and trashing stalls? "M'kay~" Came her response to Azu's suggestion about Luca, just a hint of her normal energy showing through. After all, he had left the festival way before any of this had started. He had to be somewhere safe with his dad already, right?

Azusena paused for a moment as she brought her phone back out and quickly unlocked the screen. Moments later she typed up a quick text consisting of 'I have Miki here but no Luca.' before sending it to the contact labeled 'Liz ~ <3'. Half the contact list look similar, emoji hearts littering her phone book.

Looking back to Miki she cocked her head."Maybe we should try get out of here now..."

Looking relieved at Azusena's suggestion they leave Miki nodded again, more confident this time. "I-I got a little lost before, but...yeah. I don't think it's a good idea to stay around here." The few stragglers who passed them also seemed to be heading towards the exit so they couldn't be the only ones who thought so. "Will Lizzy be okay by herself...?"

Azusena nodded softly before reaching out to take the other's hand before turning around to head well away from the chaos at the heart of the festival. With her free hand she began another text to Liz, only to pause and look over at Miki gently. "Mhm! Liz will be okay, Miki~ I'll tell her to meet us outside.~" She looked back over to her screen, finishing and sending her text.

'We are heading out of the festival.
We will meet you outside.~ (≧∇≦)/ '

Collab Post Between
@Wolfsin @FrostedCaramel @DoomyCakez

Training his gun on the shadow in the darkness almost on reflex, Adams breathed a sigh of relief as the new figure introduced himself as Gabriel. "Ah, Corinnes' hound, good to see you Gabriel, could have used your help a minute or two earlier but..." he kicked the lifeless monster on the ground, "Seems that she grew a pair." he shined his flashlight briefly at the younger agent.

"Adams, it is good to see you as well. And.... this is?" Gabriel hummed as he just in time to witness Shumi's protest.

"H-hey..." Shumi started at the elder agent's comment, hand coming up to block out the momentarily harsh flashlight. In truth, the Elder agent had been some what correct in his statement though. Her "growing a pair" was her making an analysis like every young agent was suppose to. Did killing the monster still leave a sick feeling in her stomach? Most definitely, and the small amount of green in her expression was enough to show that...

Gabriel studied the girl for a moment, possibly more. In fact it was possible he'd taken in every inch to evey centimeter of what she was made of. Hyper analytical vision helped him in this way. Regardless of her station... she was a cute little thing... no doubt. In particular cultures some might have even called the tiny girl a "loli."

Shumi's gaze did flick up away from the fallen monster to the new coming addition. Even the word "Hound" seemed to resonate something within her, that sickened expression falling for a moment to something of more or less awe. Gabriel smirked and locked eyes just as Shumi raiser hers to meet his. He gave a slight wave and shrugged his head playfully to the side. "Hello there." Gabriel chimed. Shumi seemed to jump slightly out of her mild awe, a short hue of rose seeming to pull across her cheeks, but she snapped out of it rather quickly, gaze moving away for a moment to land on the tops of her shoes. Then returned his attention back to Adams to give him a status report of what he knew of their situation.

"That's good news, although not the fact that she's alone... I thought that she had a bit more of a head on her shoulders than to go off alone like that. Especially with all thi---" cut off mid-sentence by the voice in a dark Adams felt a chill run down his back at the sound of it. Shumi felt herself shiver as well, the unnatural growl of that voice enough to sink anyone's stomach. They all seemed to turn towards the sound then, watching as the three new contenders stepped out. Adams took note of the one with a mask on and focused his attention squarely on the one with two knives, "Hell if I'm going to be caught off guard by another bitch today." he said under his breath as he pulled his second handgun from its holster and brought it to bear on the woman. Shumi felt herself immediately fall on defensive as well, swallowing hard at the three. Those knives seemed to glisten in the limited light, Shumi's finger immediately falling back on her trigger. "Shit..." She cursed softly under her breath. Adams tilted his head slightly back to the younger agent and began to speak in a low voice, "No offense little one, but this is probably a job for us, so please just stay out of the way. I don't need any more dead agents in my day.".

It was a bit of a shock Shumi felt then, almost offense as those wide eyes seemed to grow to their full register. "What? No wa-" She caught herself and actually thought about that for a moment, starring down the three monsters in a somewhat new light. They looked nothing like the mad creatures they had been fighting up until now. These guys looked smarter...were not broken by this place apparently... Shumi let her voice fall then, "...There are three against two, though... Does that even seem like a fair fight?..." It was more or less a whisper to herself, but she gave a somewhat small nod, shifitng back to lean herself against the wall once more. She would be a liability here then?...

Switching his attention back to the trio he played at the tension in the air as he spoke, "What say we show these three a little hospitality in our domain?" he said with a feigned hostly voice, "We'll give you say.... Ten seconds to keep your lives?" he shrugged as one of them began shining a rather intense light in their direction leaving only silhouettes in the darkness to pick out, 'Well this just got considerably more interesting' he mused for a moment as he waited for Gabriels move.

What was with the light? Shumi watched from the background, only able to see the backs of her two companions; however, she could visibly see the small effect the light had on the hound. Where her awe and amazement were growing here, she could not halt the small twinge of fear that went through her for the Elder agent. These guys were a hell of a lot worse than the monster they had just fought, and he had already almost lost his head to that snake lady. Was that confidence false confidence in his voice, or complete idiocy?...

Gabriel couldn't react however. The light reflecting directly in his eyes dialated his pupils and before he knew it; Gabriel found himself falling back slightly and covering his face to the shadows. Gabriel knew well that if he couldn't get his shit together then they would have a hell of a chance to beat these guys. "Shoot the glass!" He shouted just as the woman with the knives and the larger of the trio sprung into action.

Watching as Gabriel stumbled out of his peripheral vision, Adams was suddenly quite alone in front of the two monsters currently rushing him. Letting out a deep breath he shifted his stance to the side and waited the few seconds it took for the large pipe-wielding fella and the duel-wielding knife woman to be on him.

Shumi turned more or less to face the hound in this limited light; however, what light there was was completely stemming from the harsh flashlight that the lead monster was using to... blind?... Yes, he was using it to blind the other, Shumi watching for a moment as every movement the hound made was greeted by light directly in his eyes. He was all over the place, but his sudden order pushed Shumi into action, her gun raising to follow the light.

Gabriel tried to pull out his own hand gun, but with the relentless glimmer he was nearly seeing doubles of each enemy. It was like shooting blind at this point and he had to rely on the others, and his other senses if he was going to be any help at all in this fight. The bottom line was.... the middle one, that man with the mask on; He had studied and knew the hounds, and the first rank agents. This encounter was no coincidence... it was a hunt. And that.... caused a chill to run down Gabriels spine as he thought about Corinne.

How harsh the light was, Shumi unable to actually find the target. It was almost as though she was blind herself, the burst of the small flash glinting in her gaze; however, before she could do much else, the female monster was suddenly upon the Elder Agent.

Adams caught the glint of the light off of the pipe just in time as it was swung squarely for his head, managing to just barely step back and out of the way of it. Shumi was forced back against the wall, avoiding the swing of the pipe herself , just barely to hear it sound against the wall with a loud bang. She ducked down, backtracking for a moment before rising to refind her aim on the lead monster. The attack was quickly followed by the woman, who's knives seemed much more menacing up close. Adams began side-stepping and dodging both the knife wielder and the pipe-fitters attacks at an astonishing rate in the odd light while at the same time taking note of the twos unity in their actions as they exchanged no words and seamlessly traded places every few seconds.

'Guess they really are the proffesional type.' he thought as he dodged the razor sharp edge of a knife just inches in front of his face. He dodged another swing from the pipe with a neat little duck and brought both his weapons forward in an attempt to draw a bead on the knife-wielding woman, but she was too fast and already on him. With the flick of a wrist his second handgun was falling to the ground and his now free left hand was solidly wrapped around the right hand of the womans just below the wrist barely diverting the knife from striking his flank. Firmly planting his feet for just a moment, Adams spun his entire body weight, bringing the woman with him and tossing her in the direction of the bigger guy.

He watched her sail through the air to try and read their next move, "Oh you're shitting me..." he said aloud as the woman seemed to twist around in the air, landing neatly in the big guys arms with what he could swear was a smile.

It had taken her a moment to see past the light, but Shumi finally had her aim, finger training on the trigger as she hissed between the screams and grunts. "I got it-"

One gun laying somewhere close by, Adams decided he now only held a slight advantage and flipped the light on his weapon off with a few words to any possible higher powers about neither of the two having some sort of night vision. In the darkness he quickly pulled his tranquilizer magazine from its place and emptied the tranquilizers into his coat pocket all before the woman was back on her feet and moving toward him again.

The sudden darkness literally did nothing to help Shumi. her finger pulling the trigger automatically. It was a shocking bang, wheezing through the aim and immediately blasting out the distraction the lead goon. It immediately bathed them all in darkness She found herself holding her breath, subconciously moving back against the wall for some sort of bearing, giving the other all the room they would need. They were the professionals here.

The light out Adams instinctively back pedaled to keep away from the woman he could no longer see as his eyes adjusted. The sound of her running toward him grew louder and Adams readied himself for a strike he couldn't even see coming.

"Adams! Defend right!"

Gabriel embraced the darkness like an old friend as his eyes glowed a bright red now in the shadows. Not only could he see every one of the enemies clearly he had already hyper focused onto them. And now his ability danced into play as he charged for the larger of the two lackies. "She full swings right first!" Gabriel shouted having already noticed even the slightest muscle tension in her right shoulder when the woman moved to swing at Adams once more.

Flinching in the dark as his mind processed Gabriel's advice, Adams quickly stepped to his right leaving him with a nasty laceration across his cheek that blood quickly began to flow from. As he dodged another flurry of attacks he swapped his handgun from his left hand to his rightin the darkness and decided it was about time to get serious now that Gabriel was back in the game.

The giant pipe came crashing down next to Gabriel, as he gracefully sidestepped ducked around and spun around aiming a powerful kick towards the Mightiest' of them's hand. Hitting the pipe loose and sending it flying. The hulking bastard ducked in to try and grab Gabriel but to no avail with the slippery movement of the hound.

As Adams stepped farther and farther into the darkness behind him, Adams began to wonder just how much roomm was left in the hallway as he kept experiencing near-misses with razor sharp blades. He took a moment as he dodged to reach into his coat pocket with his now free right hand and grab out three of the tranquilizer rounds he had emptied from their magazine earlier in the fight. Dodging another attack and dropping one of the three rounds Adams cursed and placed the other two with their points facing forward inbetween the fingers of his balled up fist.

Gabriel's eyes followed the woman as once more she tried for the combo that only seemed natural for her. A right hand slash downward with a horizontal left, followed by a spinning double slash... It wasn't that she was unskilled... it was just that anyone.. was predictable when under Gabriel's hyper vision. "Right again Adams! She is doing it again!" Adam's would not be alone this time however. Gabriel raised his gun with a lightning speed aimed and fired at the woman's left leg, noticing the flaw in her suspended footwork when she made her right swing. "Direct hit..."

Snnng!

There was no cry of pain that followed however, and when Gabriel focussed again he noticed that his bullet had not hit its target. However before he could think. A swift and powerful force slammed into his abdomen and sent him flying into the wall next to Shumi... Gabriel grasped at his stomach and groaned as he tried to focus in again.

Taking the queue from Gabriel and the deafening report of his handgun in the enclosed basement hallway, Adams stepped forward into the Monsters attack while neatly raising his left hand to block the Monsters right swing midway down her forearm. At this uncomfortably close range, Adams was able to make out the womans features, and her face move from a wicked smile to a contorted sort of shock as he punched the two tranquilizers tips deep into her neck.

The force from the hit alone was enough to make a grown man take a knee but the woman managed to stay standing for a few seconds, even trying to step back before Adams could notice the strength leaving her arm. "Judging from your lack of response with that second knife..." Adams said as he leaned his head forward to the monsters ear, "..I'd say I've won." his tone cold and his eyes staring into the darkness beyond the woman he pushed her just slightly forward and watched her stumble and struggle to stay standing as the tranquilizers took effect.

He raised his handgun in his left hand and, from point-blank range, sent two rounds into the womans chest, putting her on her knees in the blink of an eye which was quickly followed by a single shot to the skull, sending her head snapping back with a sickening crack and leaving the monster lifeless in a kneeling position. He stood for a moment and watched as the monsters white dress became noticeably darker even with the lack of light before turning his attention to the now struggling Hound.

Gabriel didn't have to look far, as the White haired lead of their little organized party stood before him. Gabriel felt the air leave him as he was lifted from the ground with more ease than should have ever been possible for a monster in their human form. The leaders hand constricted around his throat and Gabriel struggled against his strength.

(Que Shumi Shooting at the big bad somewhere in here...)

The shot went off like thunder and Gabriel used the momentary distraction to slide his arms up and with both the forced of his legs and arms, he managed to kicked the white haired monster back a ways. Gabriel fell to the ground holding his throat and trying to gather back his breath. He was thankful to Shumi, because for all of the monsters physique he certainly had never expected this sort of strength from this one. The big guy sure.... Oh shit.. the big guy!

Just as he thought it, the massive pipe came barreling down overhead and Gabriel could barely roll out of the way fast enough to not end up a pancake. Gabriel reached for his gun in a panic but came up empty as he noticed the gleam of the Gun metal in the distance off in a corner. "Well fuck me right..." Gabriel was unusually calm for having pipes flung towards him at mach twenty, and abnormally powerful white haired monsters ... walking towards him. Maybe the fact that it was now... well.. two against two; that helped matters. And well Adams was free now... "Adams... I know you just finished dancing with the lovely knife lady and all.. but a little help here?" No rest for the wicked... thats for sure.

Crouching down to grab one of the womans knives from her hands to supplement his effectively lost weapon, Adams turned in time to watch as Gabriel barely dodged another killing blow from the larger monster before he ran full for for the man. Twisting the knife in his hand so as to reverse his grip he barreled forward to try and catch the big guy off guard.

Bringing his arm up across his chest Adams managed to cut open the big ones side with a lucky hit, taking note of the appearance of a few inches long red streak he pressed the attack as the big one switched his focus. With a battle cry expected of a viking the big man brought his pipe swinging for Adams at chest height, hard and fast Adams slid beneath the strike and ended up behind his enemy. As the big guy turned Adams fired a round into the back of his left knee, Adams took a moment to wonder if the cry eminating from him was rage or pain and settled on rage as the big guy seemed to double his attacks.

Rolling across the floor leaving large chunks of cement missing in his wake, Adams twisted himself around one more time and pushed himself up with his arms as fast as he could. Side-stepping another downward swing from the big one Adams took his chance to bring the knife around and slice the mans inner-elbow as best he could.

Wearing a shit-eating grin on his face like a badge as the sound of the pipe clattering to the floor reverberated through the hallway and the cries that Adams could definitely pin down as pain this time around filled his senses, he caught a glimpse of a handgun near him which he quickly switched for the knife that was now slick with blood. He raised both handguns into the darkness and began to circle his way around the big guy and toward Gabriel.

As he neared the Hound he brought his left hand gun onto the leader while keeping the other firmly pointed at the big guy, "Alright now gentlemen, Operation 'Knife Fight in a Phone Booth' seems to have been a complete failure for you thre-- Sorry two, how distasteful of me." he said as the two monsters seemed to regroup in front of him and the Hound, the big ones right arm hanging limply at his side, dripping a dark liquid.

Continuing to stare the tow monsters down, Adams talked back to the Hound, "You can still fight right? You're not really known to give up, don't change that now." he said as he waited for Gabriel to take the hint and grab one of his handguns to join the party.

Gabriel didn't need to say much; he swiftly took up the gun and raised it, pointed directly at the one that had already given them so much trouble. The apparent leader of this ring of fools who even now seemed unphased by their obvious defeat... that fact was more disturbing that anything.

"Oh? We lost then? That is a strange idea filling your pretty little head.. Agents." The white haired monster sneered under his mask and stepped forward, holding his hand back so that The larger monster would not follow. He cocked his head to the side, and the sound of a gunshot resounded through the room as Gabriel placed one bullet square in the guys head; knocking his head back from the force.... but he was still standing...

"Ssss... That stung....."

Almost unphased entirely, blood matted his white hair now and his eyes fixed once more on Gabriel. "Traitor.... if I could accomplish one more victory this night it would be in destroying you..." His voice was more a low growl now... and it followed in a pause as he turned from the two of them and walked back towards his larger friend. A sly remark passing through the air in a whisper as he passed his large body guard.

"Oh wait... we already have..."

Gabriel's eyes widened, but he didn't lose focus even though he was certain what this monsters words meant for him. "Adams... Get to Corinne now... We have to.."

What started as an almost maniacal cackle turned to pure insanity as the white haired monster in charge balled over laughing. Gabriel let off three more shots, and before they reached their target a sharp knife cut them from the air. Crimson eyes staring from behind an open hand on his face as he grinned at them. His lips were stitched... his skin was pale white. Gabriel wouldn't forget him.. not after this... "You can't leave yet.. Agents... Our master isn't quite done yet... But don't worry... You won't die here... That would be far too easy... and I am looking so forward to the pain and guilt in your failure.... when this is done... "

• Love
Reactions: Gladis

Chad%20V.%20Keiser_zpsg8hxwcue.jpg

Zilon_zpsggq21ntq.jpg

@Wolfsin @DustBunny

Ultimately the festival had turned out to be a lot more fun than Chad could have hoped; well not that actual festival, but this after party was amazing! "You aren't too bad freak!" Chad shouted against the roar of the ring of monsters around him and this woman monster with strength that rivalled a fucking bull. Maybe that was just her stubborn nature though.

Chad came around with a swift and powerful swing aiming to slash at her side. The fight hadn't gone on long enough yet that he needed to use his secret weapon, not when this was the best part of the whole day. Nevertheless he was graceful in even the simplest of movements; akin to a dancer that stood on a pallet of blood, murder and outright rage. Tori wasn't much different... if not a bit more.... brutal...

A vicious smile bared pearly white teeth as teal eyes danced with amusement. This was the highlight of her day, of this mission and a cure for her boredom. It even distracted her from the incessant worries for the creature who she could call friend. Though it was not quite the correct term for her relationship with Z.

Tori chuckled despite the focus shown in her eyes, watching her opponent with a predatory glimmer. The arc of the knife had her pushing herself quickly out of the way, her own blade held tight in her grip as she returned the favour, intent on inflicting a wound upon her new prey. Tori brought her own weapon in an arc, aiming to cut into his chest. "Is that a compliment?~" She cooed. "Ill return the compliments. Your nearly as fun as cutting up Z~"

Chad spun out of the way and pushed off his feet to launch himself to the side as he dodged the knife and came around for a swift kick to which she easily blocked with one arm. His leg fell back down and then with an almost razor like spin Chad flung himself through the air to launch another powerful kick over head towards her shoulder. "Aww Flattering me now. Sweet of ya! Not going to change things though!"

Tori cackled under her breath, her gaze trained on him as she pushed herself away from the space of his kick, waiting till seconds before he would hit the ground to throw out her arm in his direction, blade swinging with her motion, aimed towards hitting his back. "Well duh~ If it changed things then I would of just let the idiots battle ya' " She grumbled out, gaze narrowing.

Chad couldn't hold back his laughter at Tori's comment, but his attention never left her even in his compromised position. "Fair enough!" Chad shouted as he sprung himself back taking the butt of his knife in between his teeth. Chad used his hands planted on Tori's shoulders to back spring over her and land behind her. His knife fell back into hand and he thrusted forward towards her lower back.

Tori did not expect this out of a human of all creatures. So for a moment her reaction was delayed before she threw her weight away from Chad and the knife, though it still cut through her side lightly due to her pause. Her eyes widened for a moment as she reached to her side to press her palm to the cut, only to see red slowly paint tanned skin. "Woah...." She mumbled before a wide grin came to her lips, eyes widening as pupils seemed to almost vanish in teal depths. "I reealllyy...reallly...want to cut you up..." Soon enough, blue seemed to tumble from parted lips, the gaseous poison slowly beginning to shroud the monster.

"Wow.... yup.. called it right on you.." Chad murmured before he flicked the blood from his knife and started towards her again. Only when he got close enough to swing did he notice the nearly transparent blue mist surrounding her... "Poison.." Chad stated under his breath and instantly stepped back. "getting serious and showing your true colours now monster? Here I was starting to think you might be human..." Chad smirked then and crouched slow, flipping his knife backwards in his hand. he drew a second knife just the same as the first and pointed it directly at her. "Lets see if you can do it!"

With that Chad launched himself into battle at full speed, and only when he got within range of her poison did he completely focus himself into dead state of mine and stop breathing. His first two attacks coming in swiftly over both of her shoulders with the glint of the blades aimed to slash both her arms off if she didn't react fast enough...

Tori's eyes watched as Chad approached, the still and predatory glimmer had consumed their depths and refused to leave his form. He approached and she remained still, seeming lost in her monstrous insanity, her limbs only moving when a pair of knives came down. Her free, blood stained hand shot up to wrap around his wrist as she spun around to his side. Her grip would pull along his arm as she leaned closer, grin growing as blue kept tumbling past her lips and beginning to cloud around her dangerously. "I am so happy I got this mission instead of being stuck with the rest of them...I am going to carve those eyes out ya mutt...All you humans are weak...you think you are strong but you are not the top of the food chain..." She mumbled, though it seemed partly to herself. Each word was stressed, causing more poison to spread. Bringing up her other arm she sent the knife in her own grip towards his chest, wanting nothing more than to see him stained red.

Chad was stunned from the agility of this creature, but quickly regained himself in just enough time. He wouldn't have much longer to hold his breath in a stressful situation as this... and there was no way that this poison was good news. Chad's eyes narrowed as he noticed the blade splicing through the air for him, and with his momentum he swung his legs forward to place the bottom of his feet firm into her chest as he launched himself away from her and tumbled to the ground. Chad reached for his side and felt the blood matting his suit. She definitely had gotten him that time. "Fuck that... I thought you were gonna kiss me!" He shouted through haggard breaths as he rolled and pushed himself back up from the ground. Chad launched into a sprint around the circle... and with a squeeze of a hidden trigger his own.. silver blue mist started to spread wherever his knife went. "Alright Lets get this over with beast!"

Tori just began to walk slowly forwards, one hand holding the knife in a death grip while the blood she had touched from her wound dripped slowly from the other. Her tongue ran over her teeth briefly, eyes on Chad as her sight was able to pick up the new mist that followed his own weapon. It definitely interested her. "You are like the perfect prey, ya know?" She called out before sprinting forwards with the blue wrapped around her form. As she came in close to him she pursed her lips tightly, not trusting the new development of the mist he had, before sending her blade in an arc towards his neck.

She was ten times quicker than before. Chad nearly losing his head as he side stepped at the last second and received a slight cut on his cheek. "Too bad Sweet heart your the one that walked straight into my trap!" Chad then tapped the secondary trigger on his knives as a slight slit with a vacuum opened drawing the Mist back towards him, and in the line of fire... was Tori. The mist or smoke was why Chad was known.... for his deathly title... it was hi ace in the hole... and now Tori was subject to it. Chad turned then, ignoring the pain from his two little cuts as he launched towards Tori once more, this time the blades coming around in a swift fury as he aimed to cut her at every point his could in a whirling dance of death.

Tori almost gasped in shock when her gaze flickered to follow the human, though years of fighting kept her from showing that type of weakness. Chad seemed, in his movements, to have sped up considerably. A part of her was shook when Chad launched from the vanishing mist around them, while the other simply remained in the state of beast like bloodlust. The slashes came quicker than she had seen before from Chad and a few she brought her own weapon up to block while the later ones she began to dodge, pulling back from her space. "What the hell!" Tori hissed, gaze narrowed as she moved forwards and thrust her blade ahead to slice him once more. "How did you do that..." She growled out, blue once again leaking back almost protectively, this time in larger amounts. The poison had already began to travel through the air around her, some of the rat members making a circle closing their hands over their lips.

Fear was setting in nicely, that was obvious with the copious amounts of poison that now filled the arena. Chad wasn't going to be able to keep up his mad dash and slash much longer without being able to breath The more she sat there.. in his mist however.. the easier this got.... The monsters in the circle were also effected, he could hear them whisper.. "How.. is he really human... How is he so .. fast.. HE is the Monster!" The smoking Dragon as they called him... and now it was time.. for curtain call. In Tori's eyes he'd never stopped moving. Chad was always on her trying to slash at her now.. that was just how dulled her senses had become. In They were lagging behind his movements.. and that left him enough time.

Chad drew his gun and aimed it at Tori's head. One shot to kill her and end this whole fiasco. The safety locked in and Chad pulled the trigger.

"OI FUCK OFF!"

A force slammed into Chads face knocking him into the crowd. And before Chad could respond or even notice the one that did it, he was already standing next to Tori. "Reinforcements?" Chad questioned.

"Tori wake the fuck up! Your seriously getting your ass kicked by this wimp!?"

Tori's senses were intently focused upon her opponent so she didn't even pay attention when Chad was hit by the newly appeared Z. It was when she heard a familiar voice shouting in her ear did she snap out of it. Inhaling with a sharp breath, a confused teal gaze flickered over to Z before narrowing in spite, a snarl tearing itself from her lips. "Shut the fuck up ya moron!" Tori bit back before looking over towards Chad. "It was the fuckin mist wasn't it..." She asked, her voice dangerously low. It had taken her a while to turn her thoughts to the mist, assuming that by not breathing it in she was safe.

"Ya think that's an excuse? You're the one who got her bitch ass beat by a piece of shit!" Z shouted angrily at her. "Get off your ass and be a man, you puss!! Damn!" He reached over and yanked her by the arm not so gently.

Chad recovered, but wasn't so quick to charge back into the Frey if both of these bastards were powerful rats, then this fight wasn't in his favour at all. Either way... the insanity of monsters was showing now.. as the two of them shouted back and forth... "Wait weakling?" Chad grumbled and started walking towards them.

Tori reeled around to face him directly when grabbed her, the growl rumbling her chest growing louder as she turned to snap on him. "Who the fuck are ya calling weak, asshole!" She hissed. reaching out to grab the front of his shirt to bring him closer. "You are the weakling that got bloody caught by these mutts! Did the bloody morons poke you with needles yet? " Without a single thought, Tori clenched her hand into a fist before swinging it around towards Z's face. "You got caught by humans! God damned humans! You are just as shit as them!"

Z barely even reeled as the fist connected with his face. "Piss off! I had tranq needles poking out of every part of my body! Granted, I killed all the one's that shot me but at least I was taken down by a group! Not this one dip ass!" He growled, glaring over at the human that neared them. "Stay the fuck back or I'll feed you your windpipe up your ass!" The words left his mouth as he stepped closer, his golden eyes narrowing at Chad.

"Wowwww you two must be a couple... did she tell you she was cheating on you with me?" Chad snarked as he drew his knife again. He had a job to do regardless if it was a good idea or not... and well... the mention of this one having come from the Ministry didn't make him too happy either. Something was going down there.. he knew it.. and he needed to finish this and get back.

"A couple!?" Z looked at Tori, then back at Chad before exploding with laughter. "You're hilarious!! I wouldn't be a couple with that bar skank if I was a slut for vagina and she was the last one on the face of the planet!" His small outburst earned him a sharp kick to the shin from Tori, to which he just hissed.

Tori was practically livid at this point, her murderous gaze settled on Z who she was currently mentally decapitating. A hiss slid from her lips when Z turned to Chad, causing her to also turn focus back onto the agent. It took a moment but her expression became serious all of a sudden, the bloodlust and instincts gone, replaced by a more calculative gaze. "Not a fucking couple...This dipshit is an idiot that just likes to piss me off." She mumbled out before flickering her gaze to Z. "But...you are free which means my job is done....and you aren't supposed to be here..." If Z hadn't turned up she probably could of extended her fight a bit longer...A few moments passed before she released her grip for a second to grab the back of Z's shirt. "You ruined my fight asshole... We are leaving. Now. I've already broken one order so far." She hissed out under her breath, the words aimed for Z.

"Leaving? What!? Fuck no!" Zilon's expression changed to one of utter disapproval as he stared at Tori. "I'm not fucking going anywhere!" He hissed at her, lowering his voice before continuing. "You may have broken an order, but I haven't. I did what I was supposed to do, so what's the harm in having a little fun with the living play-things?" He asked.

Tori just rolled her eyes at the usual behaviour of Z, only using her grip to then forcefully drag him back further. "Just shut it, Z!" She hissed, though a threat lingered in her words. Turning to Chad for a moment she paused before looking to the other rats.

"Tell everyone to get out of here now!"

So much of him wanted to fight back against Tori's grip, but part of him knew that he needed to comply. War was already probably pissed for his getting captured, and if Tori broke protocol, he'd be even LESS happy. So, in a matter of self-preservation, Zilon complied, but feigned struggle. "Damn it! I wanna fight that guy!! If he kicked your ass, he's gotta be better than the usual Ministry drivvle!! Fucking damn it, T, LET GO!!" He bellyached as he was dragged away. "This isn't over! I don't even fucking know you, but I'm gonna kick your ass someday!"

Chad lowered his guard.. as one by one the rats retreated away. He would be lying if he said that the woman's poison wasn't starting to get to him... and so a chase wouldn't serve well now. Still what had all of this been about? What was going on at the Ministry? Chad sheathed his two knives on his waist and turned from them not saying a word as he started back towards the parking lot. he had to get to the ministry and see just what the hell was going on...​

• Love
Reactions: Gladis
Corinne and Lilith
-
"I'm a bit of an artist too, but my pieces tend to be a bit more presentable and statuesque. I left a few laying around myself. You should give them a look at some point...if you get the chance." Her lips pulled up at one side as she gave the human a smug grin. "Perhaps you'd like to volunteer to be my next model?"

Corinne kept her hands steady and her aim unwavering as she considered what to do. She wasn't really a front line fighter though she was pretty good with a gun but her strength was her mind, she wasn't called the Intellect for nothing and her smarts were nothing to scoff at.

The problem was that that very intellect was now telling her that she was at a disadvantage though it might not have seemed that way from the outside, she was the one with her gun trained on her opponent after all. But right now her gun only had the tranquilizer rounds in it and she didn't exactly have the time to change ammunition. Of course her opponent didn't know that, which was why they were at a stalemate but that couldn't last forever. Sooner or later the other woman was going to start wondering why she didn't shoot. Which meant she had one chance.

One chance to take the initiative and shoot this monster in a vital enough place that the tranquilizers would keep her from having the time to retaliate before they took their effect. All this depended on her opponent not being fast enough to dodge her attack either partly or even completely.

She breathed in.

BANG!

The gunshot seemed unnaturally loud after the short period of silence that had fallen over them, or maybe that was just her.

Lilith lurched to the side taking the shot in the shoulder instead of it's intended target. With her other hand she brought out her poison dart gun and fired two shots. Her aim was off due to her abrupt movement and the pain in her shoulder so her first shot went wide but the second shot hit the agent in the leg.

Corinne felt her leg give out and she crashed to the floor. A second later blinding agony filled her senses and she couldn't help but let out a cry of pain.

Lilith chuckled as she walked towards her victim knowing it wouldn't be long until the agent was dead. Sure, the leg wasn't the ideal place for a quick kill but it was fatal all the same. She crouched down next to the suffering human. "How pathetic," she commented, forcing her tone to come out casual. "You agents are supposed to be humanity's protectors or something but you can still be broken so easily. One well placed attack and it's just like you're a regular human."

She pulled out the tranquilizer from her shoulder and studied it, concluding it wasn't something to be overly worried about, as a naturally venomous monster her body afforded her a small measure of immunity and she'd only been hit in the shoulder so while she felt a bit woozy it was nothing she couldn't handle. It obviously wasn't supposed to be anywhere near fatal anyway, that would defeat the purpose of making them tranquilizers after all.

Suddenly her foot was yanked out from underneath her and she fell back only for her victim to pull her forward by her arm, breathing heavily and clearly still in considerable pain.

BANG!

BANG!BANG!BANG!

The shots rang together as Corinne emptied her clip into Lilith's chest. After a few moments of shock the monster fell limp and Corinne let her arm go before shakily reaching for the clip with actual bullets and reloading.

Black spots filled the edges of her vision but she forced her shaking arms to put the gun to her unconsious opponents head and pull the trigger.

BANG!

One last gunshot rang out in the dark room.

Corinne let herself smile in satisfaction before the darkness and pain took over.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Shambles and Gladis
General%20War_zpsszcvjtkf.jpg

[ Evening ----> Night | Gothenburgh | MMW HQ ]

[ Interaction: Monster NPCs, Dead Lilith, Dead Corrine, Ministry NPCs, Local Enforcement NPCs, & Zachary (@Aka~Kitsune) ]

[ Mention: Zilon (@DustBunny) & first rank agents (@DoomyCakez, @Wolfsin, @FrostedCaramel)]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The General growled in frustration, a sound that echoed in the perpetual silence, as he had not one clue where he was in this god forsaken place anymore. Originally he was on the ground floor where the security hub is located, but he had traversed the different floors in hopes of finding a living human he could possess. Though despite his seeking, he was met with only the dead bodies of monsters and humans alike. Worse yet, his body and mind were beginning to fade in and out, and he could feel his memory starting to slip away from him. If he did not find a host soon he would be forced to exit this dead host, which wasn't particularly a bad thing as he could just find some street whore or crack addict in a alley way some where. Though having the mind of a ranking ministry member would surely benefit him, hence why he stayed behind. This had turned out to be a fruitless task though, but wasn't to much of a disappointment. As he walked he couldn't help but wonder if attacking the ministry was a good idea, or rather was Zilon worth the men he would loose? The boy was hard to control, but had such promise. Wiping the black ooze from his host's nose he sighed leaning against a metal door.

Only time will tell, it'll work out. I'll make it work.... he thought to himself the cold steel felt familiar to his touch as he inspected it further. As he leaned against the door something began to resonate. There was something behind that door that called out to him like a dull buzz, and he grew ever curious knowing full well that the host's hearing was shot. Unfortunately the door required a key card to enter, something that wouldn't open with the power like it was. If he wasn't so weak he would simply phase into the other room and see where this door in particular would lead, but alas he could not. He simply rested then, ignoring that alluring dull buzz, and thought about how much he now despised this place and it's Director. If he didn't have any once of self control, or respect for what they once had, he would have toppled this building a long time ago. It's all he ever dreamed about when he wasn't tormented by nightmares. How sweet would it be to just watch it fall, but he had a roll to play. If anyone knew that his true desires were purely selfish he wouldn't be able to keep the respect he earned. He has to preach their cause, that they had to fight for their rights. That he felt for the rest of his kind, and wanted to inspire them. He has to pretend to care about the bigger picture and only the bigger picture, while this reminder of his previous life still loomed tall above the city streets mocking him. In truth he just wanted his revenge and the blemish wiped from existence. He didn't care about anything else.... just the sweet tempting vengeance. A small smile crept unto his face as he imagined this building as simply a smoldering pile of rubble and ash, and his hands around the throat of a man he once considered a brother as he choked the life out of him. "Some day...." War sighs after the moment of rest, and he his head tilts to the side as he peers down the hallway. He could faintly see the blurry glow of an red exit sign just at the end. Finally a door that would lead him to the ground floor...so he hoped.

Shaky hands push the release bar inward, allowing his person to walk through the door frame and have the door shut behind them. On the wall, War's vision focused just enough for him to make out what floor he was on, and which way he needed to go. Apparently he had returned back down to the lower floors, and needed to ascend back to the ground level. With another tired sigh he climbs, the click of his host's boots echoed through out the twisting stairwell. Other than the steps he stayed silent, stopping ever now and then to listen for any guards or monsters. At one point he came across a group of monsters lounging on the stairs, he wasn't sure which faction they were from and warned them that if they didn't leave soon then the opportunity would be no more. The group scurried away quickly, a lot faster than his broken body could keep up with, and after some time he could hear the sound of a door a few levels up opening and then slamming shut. "Almost there I see..." As he took another step he began to here the sound of gun fire and laughter emit from one of the levels. If he didn't leave soon, he could find himself in some trouble. Not that he was particularly worried, he couldn't die after all, it would just be very inconvenient to be tranquilized in the condition he is currently in. It would be very inconvenient to end up in a cell, yet funny given at least one of the current reasons. Finally reaching the right floor he lumbers inside and looks around. The front exit should be close by, all he had to do was go left from this spot and make a right, then another left, before the hallway opens up to the front lobby.

War crept silently past the doors, trying his best to avoid broken glass. He was quite certain that the building was teeming with high level agents now, while the surrounding premise was being blockaded by the more inexperienced law enforcement. He peeked his head around the corner and saw the corpse of a fallen monster and agent just a bit ahead. The smell of death, something he was familiar with, met his nose....but there was something else familiar there. It took him just a moment's thought and he realized why the scent was so familiar. His lips curled into a unhappy scowl as he slowly approached the dead bodies of Lilith and some agent he didn't care for. The poor girl had encountered trouble while she was following his orders, and had fallen because of it. A pang of guilt struck him, as he realized if he had just told her to leave through the back exit rather than round up the others then she probably would have lived. Here he was, unable to even send her lifeless corpse home because he felt inclined to save some broken monsters that may or may not be useful in the future. Such a waste of potential! He crouched closer to her body and searched it for any tools she had, as well as anything personal that could possibly give to family or friends. Maybe something he could bury in her empty grave. Should he take a lock of her hair? He knew that some people did that for keepsakes of loved ones, like pets. He sighs when he could not find anything on her person that would help aid her closer circles in their grief. Instead he picks up her bloodied body and leans against the left wall of the corridor where she wont be stepped on, and crosses the woman's hands in her lap. "I am so sorry, I had wished better for you." War's voice was quiet as he stepped back from her body. He wish he had more to say, but all he could think about was that now he would have one more person haunting him at night. How selfish he was. Angered now, he walked over to the corpse of the agent that had killed his pupil and gripped her hair. Holding the dead body by the strands of her hair a flick of black slashes through her neck separating her head from the rest of her body.

With the rest of his strength he entered the large lobby, where he found the lifeless body of yet another monster. It seems that the first or second ranking officers where finally here, and that time was up. It was time for the grand finale....his own exit. Feet away from the large glass windows and double doors he could see the blurry flashing lights of red and blue from inside. It would seem that even the local law enforcement had finally arrived to blockade the perimeter and keep civilians or any other employees from going inside the restricted area. A wicked black toothed smile spread from cheek to cheek as he mustered up the last of his strength to stand up straight and walk with purpose. He extended his arm pushing the door forward and revealing his decayed form, severed head in tow, before all. He took just a few steps forward, black eyes bleeding tar like ooze watch as a line of guns are pointed at him. He is warned not to step further and to put his hands above his heads, but he simply ignores them and holds up the severed head by its locks to the crowd of weak little creatures. He then drops the head unto the steps with a sickening thud and as he goes to kick the object an loud crack of a gun being fired echos in the evening air. Still yet he kicks the head forward towards the officers and it descends as he is barraged with a frenzy of bullets. As it traverses each step it leaves behind a splatter of the woman's blood while War laughs manically at those who foolishly try to murder that which is neither living nor dead. His laughter his shrill at first, belonging to that of the host he has possessed. Her body begins to sway as black liquid stains the concrete at her feet, and despite this the creature still laughs. Until finally she's silenced with a shot between the eyes. The gun fire begins to fade away as War's vision becomes lost, and once again like so many times before him he is cursed to experience death once more.

With a dull thud the woman's corpse riddled with holes slumps to the paved steps and all is still. The unsuspecting fools blocking the front entrance immediately lower their weapons and their guard before a higher ranking agent realizes why the woman's eyes were black like the night, and her blood like tar. "Fools! Keep your gu-" but his warning is truncated as a force unlike any other bursts from the woman's head. There is a chilling, ethereal laughter, something that would surely terrorize them in their slumber every night henceforth, echo's endlessly and resonates deep with in each man and woman still standing. A wispy figure of black towers before them all, the only thing resembling a face is that of the host's skull. It watches them with a sense of amusement, before dissipating like fog and rushing past them like a heavy gust of wind in the night. Yet unlike the wind it does not howl, but merely laugh its ghostly laugh as it carries onward, lights blow out in its passing leaving the block dark with not even the moon to provide comfort in this overcast night. When the laughter finally quiets, the lights flicker back on as if nothing had just previously caused a disturbance to begin with. Unsure as to what they had just witnessed, those brave enough step forward to inspect the faceless woman, and find that in her twisted pose a single arm is reaching outward towards the ministry's doors with the palm opened. There, resting snug in the palm of this corpse hand, a steel bullet dulled by a layer of dried blood can be seen.

Shortly there after, the phone rings in Zach's office. The phone rings for a few more moments before the answering machine takes a message, and on the other end is the sound of what can only be described as a sweet little girl. There's a sickening giggle before she speaks to him, assuming he is even there, with a wonder that can only be heard with in that of a child. "I left you a gift on the steps Mister! I really hope you like it. These days I wonder if you've forgotten....., have you forgotten? Well this gift will be a reminder! I think it's a cute little reminder....a memento of the sins that crawl on your own back Zachary." The voice sounds warped and layered as they put emphasis on the minister's name. There's an apparent tone of hate that drips off the name as it's spoken. A quick giggle rings out from the machine before a click can be heard and the room once again falls quiet. The call its self proving to be just not implementation of past mistakes, but also about something far more personal than believed.....and whatever that may be this would surely be just the beginning.

Last edited:
Dante%20Armani_zpsygmpcwmu.jpg
Asura%20Laurent%20Purple_zps97jp1ops.jpg

[[Night, Gothenburgh, Avalon Bar]
A collab between @Gladis and @Strawberry275
"So...are we actually gonna fuck or not?"

Asura sat in a sheltered booth near the back of the bar, idly stirring a pale pink beverage with a straw. Directly across from him sat Dante, one of the most gorgeous men he had ever met and the one at whom this question was directed. With the festival still going on across town there were few people around, and even fewer who seemed interested enough to listen in, so he was free to be as blunt as he liked.

"I mean don't get me wrong, spendin' time with you is great! And the flirting can be pretty fun too. But you're kinda...giving me mixed messages..."

'Mixed messages'. Yeah, that was probably the best way to describe how Dante had treated him since they'd met. Hot and cold. One moment they were flirting and the next he was pushing him away. If they were just joking around and Dante wasn't seriously interested in him that way he'd get it and they could just be friends, but...if he wasn't interested why keep acting like he was? And why get jealous when Asura hooked up with other guys?!

Dante sat quietly, staring into his drink. There was non of his usual, shameless flirting or easygoing attitude. It was rare for him not to find the right words, and yet this seemed to be one of those moments. It wasn't that Asura's way of putting things embarassed him, but rather that the subject they were discussing... was more serious than it appeared. What wouldn't he have given to have the freedom to choose? To give in to the temptation, or just to be able to provide Asura with a proper answer. He deserved it... and yet Dante wasn't able to provide him with one.

"It's not that I don't want to," he said after a while, sighing heavily as he kept his yellow gaze fixed on the drink nestled between his gloved hands, "I can't."

"....'cause you can't get it up, or...?"

Dante's lips quirked into a slight smile. Of course he'd assume it was something like that. Dante hadn't been doing a very good job of explaining his situation. Shakiging his head, he took a sip of his drink.

"No, nothing like that," he said as he set it back down, "it's just..."

"You have a boyfriend?" Asura tried again, leaning an elbow on the table and resting his head on his hand. "A girlfriend? You're married?" He watched Dante's golden eyes closely as his suggestions got less and less likely before finally sighing.

"I'm not gonna be offended if you say you just aren't into me that way, y'know? We can still be friends. But if that's the case then you reeeeaaally need to stop getting all frowny and jealous whenever I sleep with someone else okay? And don't deny it, I've totally caught you doing it."

"I don't-" Asura had already told him not to deny it. There was no point in lying. He looked away, clearly embarassed, though he still didn't want to admit it. "I'm neither married nor do I have a boyfriend or girlfriend." He sighed, finally looking at Asura directly for the first time since he breeched the topic. "I like you, Asura. Not just as a friend but..." he shifted awkwardly, subconsiously brushing a finger against the base of his neck.

"You deserve better than me. The way things are now, hooking up is just going to cause trouble for both of us."

Asura simply stared back at Dante. What was up with this? It still felt like a rejection even though he'd just admitted to being into him, and could he have been any vaguer with his reasoning?

"I don't get it," He announced after a moment of silence. "And if you keep dodgin' around it like this I'm not gonna get it. Just...give me a straight answer. No buts, no ifs, no 'here's why it's a bad idea's. Do you wanna be with me, yes or no?"

"..."

Dante's gaze traveled back down to his half empty glass. He was so conflicted. On the one hand the answer was simple. Yes. He wanted to be with Asura. But on the other, he feared the consequences. What was he supposed to do when chances were that he would end up regretting it either way? Though one thing was for sure: Dante was afraid of what would happen if he turned down Asura for good.

"I..." even so, there was a moment of hesitation, "I do want to be with you."

Finally. "You're lucky you're so damn cute," Asura muttered, one hand planted firmly on the table for support and the other grasping the front of Dante's shirt to pull him closer for the kiss he'd been waiting for for far too long. He didn't care that leaning over the table like that was kind of an awkward position, and he definitely didn't care that the few other people in the bar were probably watching. Right at that moment he was far more concerned with stopping any more arguments coming out of Dante's mouth, even if that meant shutting it with his own.

That was it. They'd reached the point of no return. Regardless of whether he was going to regret it or not, Dante made no attempts to stop Asura's advances. On the contrary. As if caught in the moment of passion, he returned the kiss with intensity, one hand curling around the edge of the tabletop to keep him steady, the other entwining with Asura's dark locks. His heart was racing, his breath only a tad quicker than usual.

And then it was over. Dante had been the one to pull back, as though it had suddenly dawned on him what they were doing.

"You…you are aware that I'm a monster, right?"

"No shit, darlin'."

"Good, just checking."

To Asura at least, Dante interrupting their kiss to ask something like that was simply frustrating and after a roll of his eyes he simply kissed him again. Even setting aside the kind of shady way he dressed, with his yellow eyes and pointed canines either Dante was a monster or just really dedicated to making people think he was one. Not that Asura had any problems with his appearance.

After a much shorter time Asura was the one to pull back now, a breathless grin on his face. "Hey...should we find somewhere more private? There's still plenty of time before midnight, right Cinders?"

He moved back again, just about to let go of Dante's shirt when he noticed a ring of black around his neck he'd never seen before poking out from beneath it. Thinking for a moment it was simply another tattoo he just hadn't noticed before or some kind of choker Asura was about to make a joke about not realising Dante was into that kind of thing before recognising it for what it truly was.

A shock collar. The same kind the ministry used to keep the more unruly monsters in their care from getting out of hand. There was no mistaking it. Asura had seen it detailed in textbooks before, as well the real thing. He knew how it worked, why they were necessary. He'd seen one used before. The only thing he didn't know was why Dante was wearing one.

For a moment Asura's reaction confused him. The sudden silence; the way his gaze seemed to be fixed on a specific point on Dante. And then he realized what it was. His hand traveled back to the base of his neck, stroking the smooth surface of the collar. He'd known it was a bad idea, and yet he had still let it happen. He swallowed.

"So you noticed."

"Yeah I noticed. You gonna explain it to me?"

Asura lowered his voice slightly, sitting back down again. Practically making out over the table was one thing, but if this kind of conversation got overheard and the bartender figured out Dante was a monster they'd probably get kicked out. Besides, this was serious.

Dante sighed. Could he tell him? Should he tell him? Dante didn't know the correct answer to any of those questions... but he'd made plenty of bad decisions that day already, so what harm with one more do?

He emptied his glass in one swig, sitting it down again before leaning forwards towards Asura somewhat.

"I hope you didn't have anything planned for tonight, because this is going to be a long story."

Shadow_Arena_(anime).png

Chapter 3:
Blood, Sweat and Tears

Written by @Aka~Kitsune, @Katherine Sanderson & @Gladis
(the other two did most of the job)
Blood. Sweat. Tears.

Laughter. Cheering. Entertainment.

Fighting. Brutality. Death.

Desperation. Fear. Anger.

These were the things you could hear, smell, see and feel when you stepped into the underground arena. Even from behind the roaring crowds, you could see the high metal caged fence that towered above it all. People flocked around it, shouting out drunken cheers and curses, all eyes on the pit that was a whole different realm from the aura of the room itself. Within the boundaries of the steel fence was a pit, a large and almost perfectly circular creation. The slate gray walls were stained with splashes of burgundy where blood had dried and clung to its surface, the occasional crack or dent from where combatants had met their end. A horrible affair where two were forced to fight for the amusement of the crowd that continued to shout to try and spur on the current two inhabitants of the pit.

Two stood exhausted and broken within that finite space. Their eyes were mere shadows of what they once would have been. Each masked in bruises and blood, the occasional broken bone clear but neither would fall. They would not fall because that would be it for them and they were struggling for the hope of another breath.

One of the figures took an unsteady step forward. He had to finish this. He had to survive this. The desperation to live was overwhelming even though he didn't know what he had to live for anymore. More fighting? The hope that someone might come to liberate him from this hell? He didn't know, all he could focus on was surviving, which meant his opponent had to die.

He lunged forward as best as he could stretching out his clawed hands to grasp at his adversary's throat.

Despite the blood that dribbled from broken lips, the other had already forced himself to move out of the way of the clawed grip heading for him with a slight stumble. The lights from above once again reflected to illuminate the fact his skin was covered with scales that now seemed to take on their pale green shade under such harsh light. A cough struggled from his lips, his ribs had been broken, before throwing his unsteady weight forwards, hands clenched into a fist for a punch headed for the other monsters head.

The first monster wasn't fast enough on his injured legs to dodge the incoming blow and the impact caused him to lose his balance and fall to the ground but he refused to give up. He wrapped his tail around the others left leg and pulled while he dug his claws into the calf of the right.

A pained screech seemed to erupt from the serpent like monster's lips as he was dragged to the floor, crashing to his knees as blood began to fall from the others claws. The moment had revealed the flicker of a snake like tongue and fanged teeth before he turned his cold eyes onto the monster before him. His hands shot out, reaching to grasp at his neck with an intent to suffocate the creature, the torment of the fighting having stripped away his recognition of his man as his fellow monster.

The feline monster was in no position to fight back anymore, the previous hit to the head had caused his vision to blur and the subsequent fall hadn't helped the matter. As it was he could barely make out his enemy even when he could feel the hands around his neck. He reached his hands toward the blur that was his opponent to claw frantically at what he thought was the face but while he occationally felt something underneath his sharp nails he was losing strength fast and all his air was leaving him.

The serpent creature simply tightened its grip on the feline man's throat, fangs bared and eyes reduced to predatory slits. Despite the expression, he was clearly nearing exhaustion and all his strength, whatever remained of it, was thrown into this last attempt at victory. He pushed his weight forwards to try put more pressure into the grip, his own eyes watching the others, knowing only when the last remaining light faded in them, did he win.

Darkness filled the edges of the suffocating monsters vision, his arms fell limp at his sides. He could no longer remember why he had fought so hard, this fuzzy feeling that filled him felt so much like relief. He could just ... let go, couldn't he? That'd be better for everyone, wouldn't it? The darkness covered more and more of his blurry vision and soon nothing remained.

Once the light left those feline eyes, a vicious smirk had placed itself on the serpent monster's lips as he chuckled. It was slow at first before it burst into a hysterical cackle almost. He slowly gathered himself to stand, to show his victory, but stumbled in his movements when a painful intake of breath reminded him of the broken ribs he endured. Blood still tumbled from his lips with each cough but by now the pain was not his focus.

Some of the crowd roared as the beast they had bet on won, while others shouted curses and death threats, one after the other. A mixed reaction but the monster had simply abandonded whatever part of him that would have once cared, thoughts only of survival. A crash by his side woke him up from his thoughts as glass shattered upon the stone ground. A bottle thrown by one of the spectators. Feeling as if his victory had been stolen from him...ignored almost... he spun his gaze around towards the crowds above, teeth bared with a vicious hiss towards them...

Then a shock went through him as a little red light lit up on the plastic collar around his neck and electricity coursed through his body. A strangled scream left his throat before it abruptly cut off when the pain got to much and he surrenered to unconsciousness.

A large man made his way into the enclosure and picked up the unconscious monster. The limp body was slung over one shoulder and carried out of the arena toward the small medical station, it wouldn't do if he died of his injuries before his next fight after all. Meanwhile a small, two man clean up crew was sent in to deal with the corpse of the monster who had lost.

While this all occured, in one of the shadowed corners of the undergound arena was a secluded area where very few lurked. It was built upon a stage so the inhabitants could watch the fight from an elevated view, plush chairs decorating the isolated space. In the middle sat a man, leaning back in his seat as he silently observed the spectactle, his only company the tall, young man standing by his side. He was fairly well built and his skin tanned, though his most notable features were his bright yellow eyes. A strange looking, black collar had been fastened around his neck.

Even from a distance, it could be seen that a nasty smirk had painted the older man's lips, whereas the expression of his companion remained blank. The corpse was dragged off without a single care. A common occurance. His eyes danced with amusement as he turned his head slightly to glance at his companion.

"That was amusing, though a little lackluster at the end... wouldn't you agree?"

His companion did not reply.

Shrugging his shoulders the man reached for his glass of wine before he raised a hand. A small wave like motion was all it took before another two contestants were dragged out into the bloodied arena.

"Always so serious, Dante. It wouldn't hurt you to relax and simply enjoy the show once in a while. Or does it hit too close to home? After all, it wasn't long ago that you were on the other side of that fence..." He mused, a cruel smile playing on his lips as he swirled around the blood red wine in the expensive crystal glass.

Last edited:
Noelani_zpsbwh7kfvi.jpg

@DustBunny

Long before a majority of people had awoken from their slumber, Noelani had already garbed herself in her more official military like style and headed to her office with the intent on getting to work early. The general adorned her commonly seen white military fashioned coat with golden thread rims, accompanied by the white cravat at her throat, a thin gold chain hanging from either side of her collar and over the white piece Underneath the knee length coat was a crisp white shirt and light blue shorts, as she often found them easier to move in, a similar colour pair of thigh high socks then led to a pair of lace up white style military boots. However, what was unusual was the fact that she had pulled her hair up into a high ponytail, the dark blue almost black locks spilling down her back white shorter bangs framed her face as dark red eyes scanned the halls of the Watcher's offices with their usual perceptive glimmer.

At the early time there was very few monsters roaming the white hall of the underground building and the few that were looked far from awake at this time. So it did not take her long to find the blue painted door of her office where she knew the stacks of paperwork would await. A exhausted sigh dropped from her lips as she reached out to the golden handle to push open the wooden door and step inside. It was square room with all four walls being mostly white, though the top of each was painted a soft sky blue along with the ceiling. The furniture was sparse. A large mahogany desk sat at the other end of the room, a black leather chair sat behind it with two wooden matching ones in front. A few book cases and filing cabinets decorated the walls while a few couches took residence in the corners. Overall it was bare but it suited Noelani best. It was practical.

Then there was a fish bowl.

When she had returned the previous night she had gotten a hold of a glass bowl for the fish Gabriel had won before hiding away her sweets secretively, away from the eyes of her lieutenant. "...I wonder if I should tell Gabriel that I named you after him..." She mumbled, the first words she had spoken since awakening accompanied by the soft gaze she gave the golden orange creature seemed out of place almost for what was expected of her. Her hand reached out, both garbed in light blue gloves, to rest against the bowl before she moved to go sit in her chair, red orbs glancing to the stack of work she had avoided for a while.

Pulling out her phone from her pocket she found herself staring at the dark screen for a few moments. Eventually she unlocked the device and stared at the newest contact before the door, a slow frown marking her lips as confusion twisted her expression. Noelani had no idea...was it a good idea to inform Makoto that she had run into Gabriel of all people? Multiple scenarios of her lieutenants reaction came to mind, leaving the general in a stump on what to do. "I am going to have to Makoto..." Noelani ended up grumbling to herself, only to let her head drop onto the pristine desk for a moment. "...I'll eat the sweets first..."

She unbuttoned her coat before setting it on the back of her chair, pulling up the first stack of paperwork she had to sign, Noelani pulled out a bag of sweets that she dropped onto her desk, instantly only for the skittles. She pulled them into the open because she knew soon Sylvie would appear and she had gotten sweets for the others so it was fair to share them with him to. With snacks now available, she easily turned her attention to the white papers just looming before her in wait...

~~~

Within hours, the base of the Watchers was alive and busy with life. Simple office workers and some soldiers roamed the halls, bringing the sound of chatter through even the General's door. It struck a protective chord in Noelani who signed the last sheet with a happy sigh, only to push the stack away from her as if it was contaminated. With each muted conversation she could hear, she relaxed knowing her faction was okay...that it was peaceful. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a lollipop to eat before putting the bag of sweets away, the rest saved for Sylvie. Noelani leaned back into the comfortable leather, dragging her phone from her desk and into her hands she decided to randomly flick through pages of messages, awaiting her shadow or lieutenant to arrive...

A knock came from the door.

A few moments later the door was open and a young man stepped in, green orbs studying the office cautiously before setting on Noelani who had put her phone onto the desk and interlocked her fingers over her stomach. One of the newer members, she noted. He stepped forwards and placed a manila folder onto the desk in front of his general. "This...The reports from the watchers who were on watch yesterday." Red eyes seemed still for a moment before lighting up in recognition as she leaned forwards to accept the folder. "The people I asked to keep an eye on the festival, I assume?" She asked, flicking open the folder before letting her gaze stray to the first report. "Yes Ma'am..." There was a pause before the boy spoke up once more. "My captain told me to tell you...About the attack..."

The stick between her fingers snapped and then the room was quiet as she continued to scan over the paper, her gaze slowly narrowing into slits as blue flared within bloody red depths. "I see..." Just as the soldier had said it, Noelani had reached the part where one had begun to explain what they saw of the mentioned attack. Silently getting to her feet she moved over to the small bin to dispose of the lollipop before moving back to her seat. "...I am curious to why no one informed me earlier than this..." Her voice was quiet, though it lacked the usual warmth that she held when speaking to anyone in her faction, though it was not the fault of the one before her. It was more anger at the perpetrators than anything. Clenching her jaw tightly, her teeth grinding for a moment, she moved to the next report, unaware of the slow increase of her aura that induced fear in the watcher.

"U-um...Ma'am... Am I dismissed?"

She looked up and noted instantly the fear which led to a feeling of guilt. Releasing a small sigh, one of exhaustion and an attempt to relax herself, she nodded her head and motioned to the door before looking back to the reports. He exited hurriedly and Noelani could feel the anger slowly continue to build with each report...each sentence depicting the chaos that occurred not long after her leaving... Noelani took in a sharp breath and clenched her hand into a fist, straining the material till the skeletal outline of her hand became obvious. "War..." She growled, eyes staring angrily at the last report. A hand settled suddenly upon her shoulder, a form melting out from the outline of her shadow and Noelani simply let her head fall into her hand, one arm propped up on her desk as she took in a shuddering breath.

"Sylvie..."

Last edited:

@Vio @DustBunny

The next morning came and still a feeling of dread seeming to settle upon Tori's chest. As per usual for her, she had continued to sleep as long as possible and only when her body finally refused to sleep no more did she pulled herself from the teal sheets with an huff. She had to report to war. Having decided not to yesterday since everything was busy due to the rats that had returned, she couldn't exactly put it off any longer.

"Damnit..."

Pulling herself up off the bed, Tori walked over to her closet to grab a set of close. Though with just having woken up she randomly grabbed at the first pieces she could get. A dark blue off the shoulder fitted top and black jeans. Without even glancing properly at them she headed back over to the bed where she put her clothing down and changed. Moments later she was moving over to her vanity desk to grab a brush to tame the slightly curled hair before grabbing her heeled boots, her phone and then heading out of her room without a single word.

As she stepped out of her bedroom she switched on her phone, watching as the screen lit up and patterns traced the dark screen before the lock screen appeared. Opening up the messages she instantly brought up the contact "Z-Scum" before typing furiously away. All the while her brows were knitted and her lips pulled into a snarl as her fingers moved. Only when she was finished did she press the send button without even a moment of hesitation, a small twitch to the corner of her eye as she moved on, heading to the HQ.

[I swear next time you even dare attack my prey again I will feed you your own fucking guts.
Same thing if you go get yourself caught again, Scum.]

~~~

[Song for the Rat HQ]

Reaching the concrete structure of the rats sewer based HQ, Tori was obviously in a foul mood if her expression portrayed anything. Not only did she had to report to war, something she honestly did not want to do, she was just generally in the mood to kill something...especially after the fight with the mutt of an agent from yesterday. Her mind was reeling with ways to deal with his own trick, causing her to ignore the occasional new recruit or soldier that tried to call out to her.

Tori's continued to walk down the high ceiling concrete halls, hands shoved into the depths of her pockets as she grumbled all the way. Bright lights illuminated the pathway, though it looked eerie in her own opinion. Tori would watch the occasional passing rat with a glare that scared a majority of them off, others being used to the attitude she normally held towards people when in a bad mood.

Reaching the main hall she paused to watch some of the members fight. It was the largest room within the HQ, a wide open space where the members would train. A floor up was balcony like railings which allowed people to stop and watch while on the next floor up was a similar layout except on one lone side was glass windows. War's office. Turning her gaze back to some of the sparring members, she noted which ones she was currently "teaching". Considering she was one of the trainers here. Overserving their movements for a moment she eventually kissed her teeth, sneering slightly before moving to the stairs to head up to war.

"So much fuckin' work to do with them..."

Reaching the second floor she came across two members at each others throats, one snarling while the other was held to the wall choking. She sometimes came across this with some of their members being quite violent but only sometimes did she have the energy to stop it. A yawn parted from her lips as reached up to rub her thumb across her eyelid tiredly. "Ya' brats should reallllly stop. Ya'know?" She pointed out, walking over to the two where she promptly settled her palm on ones shoulder. "I mean we are all rats..." Though that didn't stop her from attempting to kill Z...Pausing at that thought she sighed. "Just...take it to sparring 'kay? That or ya' can fight me and trust me, I will fuckin' cut you up." She got a hurried nod from the two before they, still in their violent mood, hurried downstairs to 'train'.

Watching them go for a moment she rolled her eyes, shoving her hands back into her pockets before she walked back over to the next set of steps which would lead to the floor where War resided. A small scowl came to her lips as she approached the mahogany wooden doors, her gaze straying to the female who sat outside at a desk. "Oi. I'm going in to see the boss." Without listening to anything spilled from the secretaries lips, a person who she easily often forgot the name of, she hit her knuckles against the wood lightly before opening up the door and stepping inside.

Her gaze immediately flickered over to the figure of War, her expression steeling as the glare she directed at the secretary faded away to a much more serious one. "Boss. I'm here to give a report on my mission yesterday at the festival..."

Maria%20Vogel_zpsa6xfcrws.jpg

-​

Awareness comes to Maria slowly. It takes a while for her to realize that she's in her apartment and not in her room next to the labs that she usually crashes in because apparantly someone saw fit to tear that room apart. She'd gotten the news late last night.

She spends a few minutes just staring at the ceiling and contemplating if it would even be worth it to get up and go to the ministry today. The news meant the whole day was going to consist of cleaning up the mess and managing the chaos instead of getting anything worthwhile done and Maria could think of nothing she wouldn't rather be doing today.

But she also remembers that a new scientist was going to be introduced today and that she has been tasked to show him around and help him get settled and in all the chaos no one has probably had the time or even thought to contact him and reschedule. He was certainly not going to have the best first day in history. She sighs.

Then her alarm rings and she reaches for her phone to shut it off. She heaves another, deeper, more resigned sigh as she gets up to get dressed.

"I guess I'll have to," she decides as she looks at her phone. "But I want it on the record that I'm doing this against my will," she tells it, it's important to her that it knows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.