Lurking in the Dark [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zilon_zpsggq21ntq.jpg
Tori%20Jane%20Quin_zpskkieml0j.jpg
Deep within the sewers that housed the Rats' headquarters, a lone figure was shut away in a very inconspicuous hole in the wall that wouldn't be noticed if you didn't know exactly which angle to look at it from. The fact that there was a black cloth spread across the hole from the inside didn't help it be seen. This was where Zilon spent all his time when he wasn't terrorizing humans or doing something for War or the Rats. It was where he slept and his isolated hole to call his own. Surprisingly enough, no other Rat knew where it was. Not even Tori or War. Well, if War DID know, there's no way Z would know. Besides, Z just figured War knew because the General seriously seems to know EVERYTHING.

After getting dragged back down to the sewers after 'assisting' the newly freed monsters to the sewers and saving Tori from getting her ass bisected, Zilon shut himself away in his hole.

Why had he resorted to such an action? For a few reasons. One: He missed his bed. As hard as it is to believe, concrete Ministry floors are not the best for sleeping or comfort. And with Zilon not having slept for the past three days, he completely crashed when he got back to his bed. Two: He needed to calm down. His anger and nerves were still flaring from his capture and the adrenaline was still coursing from his breakout. Three: War. Zilon was absolutely terrified of what War would do to him, even if Zilon wouldn't show it and completely deny any accusation.

Eventually, however, Zilon woke up and felt like he should do the right thing and go see War. Which he would do..... after he mustered up the courage. As he woke up, he sleepily checked his phone. He didn't expect to have any messages or anything, he just wanted to know how much of the day he had slept away. Much to his chagrin, he did have one message and it was from Tori. Apparently, she was cursing him for something like normal. Zilon didn't care. He didn't even read the message before putting his phone away and standing up. He stretched out every part of his body and let out relieved sighs when he felt his joints pop.

With a heavy sigh, he stepped forward to the cloth that served as his 'door.' Before he moved the cloth, he allowed his head to hang.

"I'm so fucking dead."

The words barely left his mouth before he stepped out and began walking down the labyrinthine corridors of the sewers.

Tori was basically stalking the halls after only ten minutes of leaving War's office. Her steps were predatory, the glimmer in her eye muderous as she shoved any passing officer out of her way quite forcefully. Z had not replied to her message...not that she honestly thought he would and she couldn't find the coward. A snarl tore itself from her lips as she bared her teeth at a passing rat who tried to speak to her as her war path continued.

It was another ten or so minutes before teal orbs, alight with a dangerous hue, settled upon a familiar head of white hair...Z. She breathed in sharply before storming over, taking no effort to silence her approach, as she reached over to grab the front of his shirt. "Z! Ya' bloody dickless coward! Ya' gotta' know well enough that Boss of all people is looking for ya'!" She hissed. While she would not admit it verbally to another or even to herself, she didn't want to throw Z to an even angrier War...Sort of. The thought of it definitely amused her....

Zilon swore he was able to smell his 'friend' before she even got close. This was both him being serious and just being an ass. His smell was great, but he always had to look for SOME way to insult her. Very nonchalantly, he removed Tori's hand from the front of his already wrinkled shirt, dropping her hand when it was removed and placing his own hands within his pockets.

"Aye, I fuckin' know. I'm not that much of a dipshit. I just overslept, is all." He said as he pushed past her, expecting her to follow. "On a scale from one to completely, how dead am I?" He asked a bit hesitantly. He knew War would be fuming, but he wasn't sure how much, meaning he didn't know how much he should be afraid.

Tori had let her hand drop, settling on the curve of her waist as she raised a brow to her 'friend'. His behaviour was...odd...It actually unsettled Tori quite a bit. A huff passed her lips as she spun on her heels and followed after Z, folding her arms under her torso lazily as she humed in thought. "On a scale huh....I don't think he is gunna' kill ya'....But Boss isn't in a bloody happy mood...Some poor mutt got the life beaten' out of him" Tori explained, her own tone even growing quieter. "Had to call clean up and people to remove the body..."

All Zilon gave in response was a curt nod as he chewed on his lip in silence, his sharpened teeth drawing a bit of blood.

The corridors of the sewers were like the most complicated labyrinth to anyone who didn't already know their way through them. So, for a normal human or most other monsters unaffiliated with the Rats, they'd get lost before they had time to blink. But, for monsters like Tori and Zilon, it wouldn't take very long for the two of them to reach their destination: The Nest. Well, Zilon's next destination may be Hell, but, hey, we'll cross that bridge.

The closer they got, the deeper Zilon's hands retreated into his pockets, silently hoping that the may hide from teh wrath of War in the small pockets of his dark jeans.

Not long after, the finally reached the Nest. Zilon could feel his heartbeat quicken and his breath threatened to speed up, but he held it under control. He stopped walking when they reached about the midpoint of the Nest. Zilon took in a heavy breath before turning to Tori and speaking for the first time since their initial confrontation today. "Hey... If I don't make it out of this alive... Beat some asshat to death with his or her own body part for me." After the words left his mouth, he released a nervous laugh before ruffling his hair.

Now Tori was honestly concerned. Not only because of how Z was acting but because she had seen the outcome of War's anger before...but it was mostly Z acting like a coward. A small frown etched itself into her features as she cocked her head, lips parting as if to speak before she silenced herself. This probably wasn't the time to insult him...Even if she wanted to. "Sure. If ya' die in there I will go hunt down some ministry bastards and make a bloody memorial of f limbs for ya'..." She grumbled out, shoving her own hands into her pockets as she smirked. "But ya' better not die, ya' dickless moron."

Z felt a small, sadistic smirk cross his face as he placed a hand on Tori's head, ruffling her hair like a child. "That'll do, pig." He could barely hold in the mocking laughter that threatened to burst from his chest, and before he gave Tori a chance to respond, he charged away, running head-long to his imminent demise.

"IM GUNNA FUCKIN' MURDER YA' Z!!!"

The words didn't even register with Zilon as he was too focused on running. Normally, people would run AWAY from what could potentially be their death, but Zilon wasn't normal. His running only stopped when he reached the building that housed General War. Taking a moment to collect himself, Zilon slowly pushed open the doors. The normal flare of Zilon was gone, but was still slightly there. He had to keep up appearances for the lower ranks that already knew who he was.

Hands still in his pockets, he began to stalk up the stairs, obviously unhappy with what may or may not go down. No other monster was even given a passing glance by Z as he walked up the stairs to the floor where War resided. However, as he turned a corner, the body of a smaller and obviously newer recruit bumped into him with a gasp and slurred and quick apologies.

Zilon just rolled his eyes at the annoyance. "Oi, shut the hell up and get outta ma' fuckin' way." As the words left his mouth, his hand covered the face of the other and pushed it out of his way, not even looking when the sound of a body being thrown into a wall met his ears.

Not long after, he reached the floor, more specifically, the door to War's office. Reaching out to grab the handles, his hands hesitated. 'Hmm.... I wonder how far I could run before War caught up to me and killed me slowly...' Shaking these thoughts out of his head, Zilon took in and let out a big, shaky breath before knocking on the door and grabbing the handles, slowly opening them.

"Uh... Boss? It's me, Z"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: RaccoonKing
@Aka~Kitsune
Bringing the cake to her lips she took a bite happily, only pausing when he mentioned not listened. Azusena pouted slightly before grinning. "I said we can hang out. I'll have to go if Liz texts me but I definitely have some free time. What do you want to do?"
"Hmm... I haven't really tried any of the new restaurants in town and I have quite the appetite. What say you and me go around town and just pig out for a few hours. You know, I haven't seen anyone else so maybe we could visit someone afterwards, I have nothing on my schedule for today." Lucifer proposed. Even though he said that he had nothing to do today he actually is just skipping out on work. In his mind he would rather skip out on it now, have fun, and just catch up on it at a later time. Lucifer thought about how he was quite the procrastinator. He took another sip of tea and relaxed his mind. "It turned out to not be that bad of a day... I'm hanging out with Azu, and I'm skipping work." He quietly thought. He was getting tired of doing the same thing everyday and some change would be nice. He made sure to text Alexander and tell him to make a note to start calling and hanging out with Azu more. She did help him a lot and it was the least he could do for her. Lucifer very much adored her but he wouldn't admit it.

Lucifer had another surprise for her. "If you come with me, i'll pay for all of it~" He knew she almost never passed free food and this was going to be a feast. It wouldn't be too fun alone so he really wanted Azu to come. He laid back into his seat and shot her a little grin. He knew he had her. "And if Liz does text you, I'll come along. I haven't seen her in forever" Lucifer wasn't sure if it would work because they might of had stuff to actually do, but it was worth a shot in his mind. If she allowed him to go, then awesome, if not it wasn't too big of a deal. He thought about how if she didn't let him along he would have to go back home and actually do stuff. It wasn't the night Lucifer had imagined but anxiety did stuff like that. He just hoped they weren't doing anything super important, although it was a stretch.

Tori%20Jane%20Quin_zpskkieml0j.jpg

Tori and Wasp
(collab with @Aka~Kitsune)

-
Tori was left momentarily to watch as Z bolted down the halls, running to his doom in her opinion, before she huffed and turned. "Idiot..." The monster grumbled under her breath as she turned towards the stairs to head back down to the open floor where the recruits were training. Already her expression had twisted into one of irritation and exhaustion, teal eyes dulled as a yawn tumbled from her lips...

It took a few minutes with her purposefully slowed pace to reach the large open floor where floors above War's office resided. A small hum accompanied her entrance as the boredom expressed itself in her slightly slouched posture and expression, her steps echoed with taps upon the floor as she made her way over to where her group of trainees were currently sparring. Her gaze flickered quickly over each head before she scowled, noting that a few were currently missing...

She'd hunt them down later.

One interesting difference to the usual sight of her trainees was that in the distance she could spot the familiar figure of Wasp...currently glaring at her trainees...then her as she came closer... Tori just shoved her hands further into her pockets, cocking her head as a small, lazy grin painted her lips. "Oi! Wasp! What's got ya' in such a bad mood, hm?"

Wasp was tempted to ignore her and just not respond out of pure spite but she knew Tori wouldn't care either way. Not to mention ignoring people she found annoying wasn't her strong suit.

"Nothing," she eventually said, tranfering her glare back to the trainees once again. "Your students just suck is all," she continued. "Maybe they need a better teacher."

Tori listened though her expression didn't show it as her gaze flickered over to her trainees, appearing as if she was ignoring Wasp. She pulled her hands from her pockets, resting them on her hips with a small yawn, her head lulling back. "Ma....This is only a newbie lot. Of course they are going to suck." She pointed out before shrugging. "Maybe your right...I can always pass them onto ya? I mean less work for me is always somethin' I am up for." Her gaze flickered over to Wasp, her smirk back in place. Tori didn't seem much affected by Wasps' words as her recruits normally turned out quite well after the whole training process, often placing in the top when it came to recruits.

Wasps eye twitched. "While I would gladly see them get a better teacher I would loath to see you shirking your duties. Perhaps you just need some help from someone more properly qualified." She allowed herself a sideways glance at the current object of her irritation. "While I can't deny your own skills I'm unsure of your abilities to teach them to others and I am worried about how they will turn out if they only have yourself to look up to. Your attitude does leave something to be desired."

Tori's smirk didn't face at all, instead she just tilted her head and pressed a hand upon her chest dramatically. "Awh~ That is the nicest thing ya' may of ever said to me Wasp!~" She cooed before chuckling at the situation. "Well stop ya' worrying, okay? I mean they always turn out strong in the end, right? These brats just need to learn that the road to being strong is a painful one..." She explained, taking a seat beside the space her trainees were using for sparring and doing the warm up drills. They had long since noticed the presence of their trainer but continued to work, knowing it'd only infuriate Tori if they stopped for anything.

Her gaze slid over towards Wasp as she propped her elbow upon her knees, a vicious smile appearing on her lips as she bared grinning white teeth towards her. "In fact... why dont ya' show them, Wasp?~" She asked, her tone silky but dark. "Spar with them. Show them what exactly should be expected of them~" Tori offered, honestly only just wanted to see if any of the weaker hearted recruits would give up on this...

Wasp narrowed her eyes at the challenge. "I would be happy to. Should I take them on one at a time or all at once?" she inquired as she stood up. She might not be one of natures teachers but fighting was her forte and there was nothing that said she couldn't teach these recruits - and her annoying collegue - a lesson in humility.

Tori had to say she did enjoy provoking Wasp. While she respected Wasp for her skills, she couldn't deny the enjoyement that came from how irritated she seemed to make her. A laugh tumbled from her lips as she turned her gaze towards her newest batch of recruits. She trained a few groups, all at different levels of skill but these were the newest...Which made teaching them boring but she couldn't complain...verbally anyway.

"OI! BRATS!"

After a moment the sparring had stopped as around twenty sets of eyes settled upon the seated trainer who lazily flung her arm up to point at Wasp. "This is Wasp. She is one of the strongest fighters in this place...." Teal eyes watched with unrestrained glee at the fear that marked many of their expressions. Oh, they knew what was coming. "Ya...are going to fight her, okay?~" She explained, quite happily in comparison to her earlier mood. "All of ya' against her. Whoever is down first gets to join a training group tomorrow and they are way ahead of ya' Like they will destroy ya'. Whoever is last to fall...or anyone who can actually hurt missy here gets tomorrow off~"

Wasp let a smirk turn her face predatory as she strode to the middle of the training area. She might have said something along the lines of 'bring it on' if that wasn't beneath her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following fight was short and brutal. Part of the reason Wasp wasn't the best teacher was that she had no patience for failure and felt no reason to hold anything back so that her opponent could get used to her strength and style.

Tori herself had watched in a happily amused silence. It was quick but that was to be expected. Wasp moved fluidly with each strike, taking down the recruits with the ease that would be expected of her. Tori on the other hand looked postively ecstatic. After being unable to finish her fight with Chad, she was irritated beyond belief....Fighting Wasp seemed to flicker into her mind but she dismissed it. She was not joining Z in War's wrath. A few of the recruits had the right mind to not head foolishly straight in but others...Tori sighed.

Gathering herself up to her feet she folded her arms under her chest as she scanned the grumbling bunch with a scowl. "That was quicker than I thought it would be..." She pointed out, her tone quiet but dangerous. Turning her gaze to the idiot who was the first to collapse, defeated, Tori shot him a nasty look before grinning. "Ya' lost...have fun with my other group tomorrow. Extra training and all that~." Her gaze then slid to the young recruit that had lasted the longest, though it still wasn't long. "Ya' get the day off tomorrow. Right! Go patch up and then report back." She had to let them at least recover, since Wasp wouldn't hold back.

Turning her gaze to Wasp as the newbies scattered, Tori resumed looking amused, smirk in place. "See, Wasp~ Now those brats won't run into a battle they can't handle!~".Tori would at least pretend she didn't challenge Wasp to that just to watch the recruits get destroyed.

"You shouldn't let your students off so easy. Lasting that long was hardly worthy of any kind of reward, let alone a day off, that was practically a punishment. If anything they all need less time off and more training, you're doing them a disservice when it comes to discipline," Wasp said. She did honestly feel a bit better about not being picked to participate in the attack the day before but she would never admit that to Tori of all people.

Tori just waved her hand dismissively, yawning in exhaustion as if it was her who had just battled the recruits. "Meh~ Well, I had left them all morning to do routines and I am sure ya' didn't go easy on them, Wasp~" She let her head lull to the side, her eyes barely open at this point. Tori really wanted to vanish for a nap... "Plus...I really don't think we need to scare them off. War wouldn't be happy if a large amount of recruits suddenly wanted to give up, hm?" Rolling her shoulders back she shrugged. "Plus its one brat with a day off. Maybe it will motivate the others to win in these little competitions~"

Wasp scoffed. "Forgive me if I doubt it. Now excuse me but I best be on my way. We can't be standing here all day and I'm sure we both have better things to do with our time," she said before she made her way out of the training area before she wasted anymore time or breath on Tori and her recruits.

DVcr0UK.jpg

Early Morning, Gothenburgh, Adams Residence
Interactions: Elias @Strawberry275

Stopping in front of the mirror to adjust his tie, Adams sighed as he noticed the dark circles beneath his eyes. With a sigh he fought his mind away from the events of the day prior and began to take in his choice of outfit. A dark gray modern fit suit, with a close fitting white button-up beneath it and the dark blue tie to top it all off. He had even used a bit of gel in his hair to keep it as far from its typical unruliness as possible, after all, today was going to be a very long day.

Throwing a leg up on his desk chair he tied up one of the black cap-toe oxfords he had dusted off earlier and did the same for the other. Both shoes tied and both feet firmly planted on solid ground he took a moment to button the sleeve buttons before moving for the door. He could hear Anna and Elias... And the stove... 'Well if I wasn't the bad guy before, I'm probably about to be...' he though as he let out a sigh and stopped himself from running a hand through his gelled hair.

"Anna...listen, I..."

'Definitely the bad guy.' was the only thing that flashed through his mind as he stepped from his room and found the two Hounds busy preparing breakfast, and the look on Elias' face as well as the fact that he had cut his sentence short the moment Adams had opened the door told him that something a bit more was going on. "Alright kids, let's get moving. There's a lot to do at the Ministry after what happened yesterday and there's no doubt it's all hands on deck for the next few days." he sighed, "Honestly probably more like the next few months."

Anna had turned away from the stove and was listening intently, whatever Elias had been about to say clearly not even an inkling of a thought in her mind. "Go get changed into clothes that aren't your pajamas Anna." he said as he took a glance at his watch 'Fifteen minutes to six, plenty of time.'.

Watching for a moment as Anna seemed to fight in her mind between continuing to cook and doing as she had been told he smiled as she turned the burner off and made her way to her room without saying a word. Turning his attention to Elias he shrugged, "I haven't got any clothes that would fit you Elias. Otherwise I'd offer a suit. I'll be in the car, be sure to lock the door once Anna is ready." he said as he tossed the key to the apartment to Elias and disappeared out the door.

Elias%20Bonner_zpsvz0zdlur.jpg
3joKhSC.jpg

[[Morning, Gothenburgh, Adams Residence - Outside]]
[[Collab between @FrostedCaramel & @Strawberry275]]

Elias let out a sigh as Adams emerged from his bedroom and interrupted before he could finish speaking. Whether he was relieved or annoyed he couldn't tell, but it was probably for the best. It didn't even seem like Anna had been listening; as soon as Adams walked in her attention was on him, as always.

Being called 'kid' didn't do much to improve his mood, especially as he was technically older than the human, but...it wasn't as though anything was going to make this day better. As Anna left to get changed Elias shrugged off Adams' offer, casting a glance down at the jeans and t-shirt he'd slept in.

"Wearing this two days in a row won't kill me. We'll be down soon," He added, catching the keys. After Adams left he turned back to the half-cooked breakfast in the kitchen with a sigh. Well, whatever. Wasn't his job to clean it up. 'Cleaning' was probably what he'd have to do all day once they got to the ministry, and by the sound of how the attack had gone it wasn't gonna be pretty.

I don't wanna go to work. I don't wanna clean, I don't wanna do paperwork, I don't wanna get cussed out for not being around to help yesterday. I don't wanna do anything.

These thoughts played on a loop in Elias's head as he went back over to the sofa to grab his coat and scarf, pulling them on. Avoiding people on a day like today was gonna be tough, but maybe he could just crash at the ministry tonight. Going back to Chad's place, or coming back here with Anna...neither of them sounded very tempting.

"Anna! Come on, we gotta go."

Swinging her signature cloak around herself, Anna shot a look back at the door, "Coming coming!" she yelled as she buttoned the cloak up and scrambled to get out of her room. She burst from the door in a blur of white and descended upon the bacon left in the pan like a pack of wolves on an injured doe.

She quickly placed the strips of crispy bacon onto a paper towel and popped the toast up early before turning to Elias, "Take your fill, you helped after all." she said with quick smile before opening a cabinet above her. She grabbed two plates and stopped for a moment, 'Which ones will Adams be less mad about me leaving at the Ministry...' she thought before settling on two plain white plastic plates that had seen their fair share of use. Splitting the food evenly between the two plates, she practically shoved one of the plates into Elias's chest before grabbing him by the wrist and moving for the exit from the apartment.

Elias stood around uselessly, somewhat in a daze compared to Anna's burst of activity as she rushed around the kitchen. Sure the difference in energy levels between them was usually like this but it left him even more baffled than usual. This early in the morning and under these kinds of circumstances...how could she possibly be so chipper? He only just avoided dropping the plate as she thrust it on him and dragged him out the door.

"Have to eat well in order to get big and strong like Adams, then maybe you'll fit in his suits one day." she teased as she dragged him along.

"Just 'cause I'm not the size of that old man doesn't mean I'm weak. Ah hold on a second," He added, pulling his arm out of Anna's grip and stopping to lock the door behind them. "I carried you away from the festival didn't I?"

A small smile coming across her face as Elias pulled away from her. Anna stopped on the stairs as he stopped to lock the door. Placing both of her hands on a railing and smooshing her face between them she watched him through the slits inbetween the railing. "True, although you could have had help. I wasn't exactly concious." she said as he turned away from the door before she pushed herself away from the railings she was between and picked up her pace down the stairs.

Elias continued to grumble as he headed downstairs, now more than a little self-conscious about his body. He wasn't un-muscular per se, but compared to Adams there wasn't much competition. And Anna apparently had a preference. "Not my fault I don't walk around naked."

"That wasn't-- That's not what--!" she stumbled over her words, tongue tied in embarassment as the realization that Elias had obviously seen everything that had happened, "We aren't like that..." she huffed as she pulled her hood over her head and exited the building ahead of him.

Elias said nothing, having remembered that he was supposed to have been asleep during that particular exchange. The fact that he had no idea how to respond to Anna's stuttered insistence that her and Adam weren't 'like that' may have had something to do with it as well, especially since he hadn't been trying to imply that they were.

Spotting Adams car idling across the street Anna turned back to Elias with a devilish smile hiding the embarrassment of earlier, "Shotgun!" she said as she ran into the road without looking either way. Running up to the passenger side door she slammed into it with all her momentum before wrenching the handle open and depositing herself in the seat. Breathing a bit heavily at the short sprint she pulled her hood down and looked to Adams with a flash of a smile.

"Door's work just fine when you don't run into them Anna..." Adams said as he frowned a bit at her antics. Ann just stared for a moment before reaching back over the seat and throwing the back door open for Elias.

"Elias! Come on, we gotta go." she mimicked in her best Elias voice and to her side she could feel Adams's eyes rolling in their sockets. She was proud of her imitation Elias voice, although Adams swore the only difference from her voice was that she sounded much more angsty than usual. Anna however; always stood behind the fact that she brought her voice deeper than normal on top of the over-dramatic angst.

With a roll of his eyes he got into the car and tossed the keys to Adams, shutting the door behind him. It wasn't the first time he'd heard Anna's impression of him and he was sure it wouldn't be the last.Telling her to knock it off would be as much of a waste of time as him trying to tell her to do anything. If anything it was impressive she still had the energy to goof around after the way the last twenty-four hours had gone.

In the center of a lake rested a circle of mist twisting and twirling unnaturally, yet steady and intentional. The mist surrounded a young man, legs crossed as he meditated atop the water, seemingly weightless and somewhat transparent. The slightest movements only little twitches within his closed eyelids and clinched hands that laid on his lap.

"Lieutenant!" The man's eyes flew open before he collapsed into the water as the fog evaporated. Just after a brief moment the Lt. slowly returned to the surface with a glare no one ever wants to see from this person. The boy flinched as Makoto emerged from the water, drenched and pissed beyond all belief.
"If the general is not in danger and the base is not on fire then you have absolutely no possible reason for bothering me in this hour…" His voice was like a blade, if it were personified the poor boy probably wouldn't be alive right now. "What do you want…"
"I-I'm so sorry, sir! But there's a fight near the school and I couldn't find anyone to break it up!"
Makoto sighed as he walked forward. "Students?"
"Yes sir."
"Fine…" He muttered as he began to dissipate, slowly turning into fog with each step.
He combed the city until he reached the school, which soon was filled with fog as Makoto searched for the fight. It was no surprise that the boy couldn't find anyone, the school was empty as it was an early Sunday morning.

Once he had the students in his sights all the fog rushed over to the fight and began to circle them, separating them from the small crowd of friends they had for support.
'What is this?!' Makoto's fuming voice rang through the two's heads causing them to pause and become aware of the hell that surrounded them. 'Answer me!'
"It's nothing…" One of them replied, not realizing that that answer was only going to make things worse.
'So you were fighting over nothing?!'
A single strike of lightning hit the ground barely inches away from them. 'I guess I did that for nothing as well.' He hissed as thunder crackled above, ready to let loose another strike.

"He's messed with me for the last time!" The other one called out. "I'm tired of his shit!" There was a pause of silence before Makoto sprung forward from the circling fog, quickly appearing right in front of them then slightly bent down to their eye level.
"And so you both resort to violence!"
"You don't underst…"
"If you can't resolve things without aggression, then you're in the wrong faction! We are people of peace and order! Only when the situation calls for it should you use violence! Only when every other solution fails should you use violence! And even then you shouldn't use it against your own people! We are allies! Family!" Makoto stood straight and sighed as his hand rubbed the center of his forehead, irritation and stress showing in his exasperated expression. His voice had gotten louder and louder, and the fear in the kids' faces grew with each word. His solution, fear. And he learned from the very best; Noelani, Lady Death herself.

He brought his hand down, rubbing his face in the process before placing them on his hips.
"If I catch you guys doing this again, you will regret it. Now…" He turned and began to walk away, the mist shot back past the other confused students, then dispersed in the distance. "Get off school property unless you have an academic reason to be here. You're trespassing." He didn't need to stay to know that the kids listened, the looks on their faces said they were too afraid to disobey. His gaze turned towards the watch on his wrist, causing his eyes to widened and his pace to quicken. He had spent more time at the lake than he realized, and this detour with the kids set him back as well. He rushed towards her office after releasing a drawn out groan.

It wasn't long before he was nearly to the general's office when he saw her walking out. The Lieutenant skidded to a stop, held his hands behind his back, and stood at attention in front of her.
"Good morning General." His stern voice greeted as he struggled to keep from panting. "Sorry. I lost track of time and got caught up in something."

Status
Not open for further replies.