Not open for further replies.
nJQsSMG.jpg

The Hounds
Elias Bonner and Anna Finch
Gothenburgh
Mid-Day
Evergreen Festival

A COLLAB BETWEEN @Strawberry275 AND @FrostedCaramel
Sitting on a bench, squeezing Elias' right hand tight Anna was happily indulging herself in a delicious cream filled pastry with her free hand. She finished up quickly, wiping a stray piece of cream from her cheek before turning to Elias "Could we get some more pastries...." she began pulling his right hand up and clasping it in both of her hands as she attempted to impersonate a sad puppy to the best of her abilities as she continued speaking, only half succeeding with the eyes, "Or candy... Or ice cream..." she peered around the stalls, "Or maybe those sandwich stalls over that way?".

Elias snuck a glance at his now much emptier wallet before sighing and tucking it back into his pocket. At least Anna was happy, but...the damage was undeniable. If he hadn't known she was a monster he'd have been shocked that such a small girl could eat so much in one sitting. They'd already been to most of the stalls in the area, and some of the vendors had to be wondering how she could hold it all by now.

"Hm?"

He hadn't even realized Anna was speaking until she started tugging at his hand and reluctantly met her pleading eyes with a resigned look, determined not to give in any more. Well, hopefully. "......candy I can probably manage. Or maybe some ice cream. But this has to be the last one, okay?" He hoped she wouldn't take that as a challenge to buy as much food from one stall as possible, but knowing Anna it was definitely a possibility.

A broad smile on her face she stood almost at once as Elias finished speaking, "I knew I could count on you. But this being the last one isn't what I had in mind....". Moving toward the candy stall closest to them she smooshed her face against the display case as she tried to decide what to have Elias get her. "I was thinking the rock candy, blue...! The light blue!" she proclaimed to Elias as she pointed with excitement at the stick of pure sugar.

"You should get one----" she changed her focus from Elias to the stall keep in a flash, "---I'll take two of the light blue rock candy please." she said with a smile.

"Oh right a way miss." the shop keep said as he snatched up the candies and handed them over his little show case.

Taking the candies eagerly she looked to Elias, waiting for him to pay before stuffing her face.

"Anna..."

Elias tried to sound stern as he trailed after her, though deep in his heart he knew this probably wasn't going to be the last one either. It was Anna. There wouldn't be a last one until she eventually got bored or fell asleep. Still, at least candy was cheaper than pastries.

"You can get whatever colour you like but I don't think I can eat anym-"

He sighed as he was cut off by Anna requesting one for him anyway. He'd learned a long time ago not to try and keep up with her but when they were flitting from one stall of delicious looking food to the next it was hard not to feel tempted. He'd already eaten more than enough, which was yet another reason he hoped she'd slow down soon. Getting out his wallet again he paid for the candy before turning back to Anna. "Enjoying yourself now?"

Smirking at his last remark she took a bite from one of the sticks, "Deeply." she said with a small bow before finishing the stick. A mouth full of sugar she looked toward Elias, "Than---ks. I pro---mise th--at---" she swallowed, "---the last stall, I saw your sorry excuse for a wallet before." she gave him a wink with the last part before taking a bite from the second stick. She chewed for a few seconds before coming to a complete halt, the look on her face becoming serious and focused.

"My wallet was just fine until you and your bottomless pit of a stomach started preying on it," Elias replied warily, taking a step back as Anna suddenly became serious.

Slowly she turned toward Elias, looking him dead in the eyes. In a flash she was on him, free hand wrenching his mouth open while the other shoved the half eaten rock candy inside. Letting go and taking a few steps back she covered her mouth as she laughed, "Now you have to eat it, it's in your mouth and I already took care of half of it for you!" she yelled pointing at him. He had been nice all day long, and now it was time for Anna to pay him back in part, but it was getting late and surely Adams would be concerned with where she had ran off to.

He didn't dodge fast enough and before Elias knew it his mouth was fully of half-chewed, slightly wet rock candy. "Annaaaaaaaaa!" He protested loudly, quickly chewing and swallowing the mush of candy. "That's gross, even by your standards!" Elias grimaced, the taste of sweet candy and Anna-spit still lingering in his mouth.

"I should really be getting back to Adams soon." she said still pointing at Elias while her eyes trailed through the crowd.

He was still trying to forget the experience when Anna brought up Adams again. "...you should. He'll probably be worried about you, you know? And I really don't want to think about what kind of trouble Chad's been causing whilst I was slacking off."

Giggling at Elias's face she nodded and moved toward him wrapping her arms around him and squeezing tight. "You let that monster know that one day he'll get what's coming for him." she said, her face muffled in his shoulder. Letting go she took a few steps back before smiling, "Thanks for all the food, it really hit the spot." she said as she began to slowly walk backwards. She watched as Elias turned and went off to presumably locate Chad.

Spinning on her heels she began to walk through the crowd in search of Adams. Placing a hand on her stomach she walked through the crowd 'It really didn't though' she thought as her stomach growled.

Hisato, Maria, Zach.jpg

GothenburghAfternoonEvergreen Festival
【Colaboration between @Aka~Kitsune, @Gladis and @Katherine Sanderson
【Interaction: Hisato, Maria and Zachary】

Maria held back another sigh as she saw Hisato skipping towards them with plastic bags hanging from both his arms, no doubt filled with different types of candy.

"I can't imagine that being a pleasant death, caused by sweets or not. Besides even if monsters could get strokes I doubt it would be enough to kill you. It doesn't even kill humans every time and women are the ones more likely to actually die from strokes anyway."

"Awww, what a shame." Hisato was unable to withhold his disappointment, though Maria's lecture didn't come as much of a surprise. "I suppose it would have been too simple. What do you know, sugar really isn't the solution to everything. Though I'm still convinced that if everyone just sat down and ate chocolate together, we would have world peace. Wouldn't you agree, Zachary?"

Zachary smiled faintly, adjusting his glasses for a moment before he joined the conversation. "I don't believe it's impossible, Hisato. Just very unlikely that chocolate would be the key." He mumbled, shrugging his shoulders lazily. "It is good to see you as well Hisato, I'm sorry that work has kept me from spending time with you both. I definitely have the rest of today with you both at least." The last parts being directed to both of his companions.

"Well, I don't know about that," Maria teased. "Chocolate is a very good reason for world peace." Her smile and tone softened. "I'm glad you're here," she added, then perking up a bit she posed her own suggestion. "Shall we walk around and see if there are some games that look interesting?"

"Ooh, games sound like fun~" Hisato, who at that point had finished his candied apple and was preoccupied, rummaging through one of his bag in search of a replacement, only looked up at Zachary and Maria briefly before his attention dropped right back into the bag.

Without warning, a booming thunder suddenly rolled through the sky. Hisato paused, glancing up with a slight frown. It didn't quite strike him as a natural thunder. Especially since moments later, the rain stopped completely yet the thunder continued on. Could a monster have been responsible for it?

"You know… I have a feeling something is going to happen soon. Perhaps we should return to the ministry after all…"

Zachary hummed with Hisato suggestion, turning his gaze to the sky above for a moment or two. He felt that he should trust Hisato but… He turned to settle his gaze on Maria for a second before back to Hisato. "I think we should stay longer...I have a feeling if I return I will have to work…" He looked at them both, a faint smile on his lips. "Maybe we should try a few games here then return?" Zach asked.

Maria felt she had to give this some serious thought. She trusted Hisato and didn't want to ignore his concerns in any way but at the same time she wanted to spend some more time with Zach. Eventually she voiced her conclusion. "How about we do three games? Each of us get to pick one and we go home right afterwards."

Hisato pulled a frustrated hand through his dark brown locks, glancing between Zach and Maria before breathing a long sigh. Of course Zach didn't believe him. As much as the young man looked up to and adored him, Hisato had always been a little crazy. He'd eventually gotten used to being written off like that, but it could still be mildly annoying. Oh well, there really a lot he could do about it.

His frown turned into a bright and carefree smile, as though nothing of what he'd just said was actually a concern.

"Three games it is, then~" he mused, plopping a green marshmallow into his mouth.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Mikaela%20Newton_zpsibyrwuux.jpg

[[Midday, Gothenburgh, Evergreen Festival]]
[Interactions; Rekeren @Moogle-Girl, Luca @MiNaGi]
Miki's gaze flicked between Rekeren and Luca, her fiance's words about business in the Aristocrat faction being almost as new to her as they were to Rekeren. For some reason her father had never really taught her about his work and certainly not pressured her with the same expectations Luca had to continue the family business. Still, she told herself, it was entirely possible that was just because she was a few years younger than Luca. Besides, Luca worked hard for his family whereas Miki had run off to join the carnival. Feeling just a little guilty Miki gave Luca's arm a sympathetic squeeze.

As the conversation moved towards attending Rekeren's show her usual excitement returned. "It's soooo cool! It looks really realistic, and it's super funny when some of the guys in the audience are like, boasting to their girlfriends about how they aren't gonna get scared but when it starts they totally freak out!" She had snuck into a couple of Rekeren's shows before, usually from backstage, but since unlike many girls her age typical fears like insects, rats, and snakes didn't bother her Miki usually found herself impressed by Rekeren's skill than scared of the illusions themselves. It was what had led her to make friends with him in the first place.

However the idea of a show targeted specifically at her and Luca's fears was...just a little too much for Miki. Still clinging to Luca's arm she looked down sheepishly, scuffing the toe of her shoe on the floor. "I...I'm mostly just scared of like, blood and gore and gross stuff like that. And super loud sudden noises, but...i-it might be a little too much for me if you do that," Miki admitted. Despite her usual fearless and energetic demeanour there was a pretty drastic and sudden change when she got seriously scared. Even though she knew Rekeren had only suggested it because he thought it would be fun for her and Luca the thrills she got from his usual shows were more than enough.

"I mean...if you made me cry Luca would deeeeeeeeeeefinitely beat you up," She teased, sticking her tongue out at Rekeren in an attempt to lighten the mood again.​

Cerigo_zps1sb7mlgz.jpg
tumblr_oa6gtf57ZC1v9pr3so1_400.jpg

crown-divider-list.png
crown-divider-list.png

Afternoon Ω Gothenburg Ω Evergreen Festival Outskirts

Collab between @DoomyCakez and @Wingless_Angel

divider_line.png

There had been a time, once upon a time, that Cergio would have enjoyed this festival. The bright colors, festivities, happy faces... It had all once spelled true enjoyment to him, but now it was the complete opposite. It made him nervous to be out in the open and surrounded by so many strange faces. There was a unsettlement about it and it was only the last few years that Cergio had begun to see the fault in this guilded event. He chose not to really focus on it though, for he was on a mission...

The stalls on the outskirts of the festival did not seem to be offering much that Cergio was looking for. Sure, there were band shirts, homemade hookah bongs, weed, cheap food, and the like but none of it had actually seemed suitable for someone like Granny. She was always a brighter, more cheerful person, and where he knew that she did not exactly mind it, he did not think that Granny would have actually liked marijuana in her house. That why he had thought strawberries would have been suitable, but maybe he had chosen the wrong corner of the festival. Everything just seemed sketch to him, the darker stalls and slightly more sinister faces of desperate shop owners who did not have cool enough merchandise to be closer to the circus performers and such. Despite that, there were a few options for him to focus one... The only thing was choosing between a dancing flower, or a robotic pug-

"..."

Cergio's train of thought was completely broken when he felt something small bump into him. Maybe it was a dog, or a cat...possibly a blind midget, for Cergio really was hard to miss. It was rare that anyone actually bumped into him... If anything, people tended to avoid him entirely. It was not that hard to, being that most seemed to simply keep about a 3 foot radius, out of his direct line of siight so that they could stare and point. That was how it always was... that was how Cergio usually liked it; however, something was in his little personal bubble, and Cergio was not really sure how he felt about that.

He turned a soggy head, dark stare hidden by that intense brow and rain heavy hood, to stare down upon the clumsy oof, but he had not actually expected to see what was beside him...

It was a child, but not a child that one would find normal... No, Cergio was able to take in her appearance rather quickly. First thing to notice was that she was soaked to the bone, being that she had on nothing more than her pajamas and being utterly soaked by the rain. The next was her lack of shoes, something that no little one should be without if expected to not catch a cold in such weather. Who would have been so irresponsible to leave her in such a state?... But... There was something off about her. How her eyes seemed to stare off in a permanent expression of shock or horror, yet she seemed to come alive at that very moment, small head slowly turning up to look him fully in the face... How long had it been since anyone had actually done that to him? Cergio was rather unsure how to take such an expression; however, it was only moments before the light was back in that wide eyed stare...and soon Cergio was greeted by the welling up of large tears, rolling down those slightly dirtied cheeks and blending with the rain water that already surrounded her.

"Mommy....Daddy..."

He did not know how to respond to that at first, watching the small girl's shoulders shake before she was suddenly overcome with her own sorrow. It was as though she had come alive from her trance like state, yet Cergio could smell smoke upon her. He did not know what was exactly wrong, but he could tell that something had happened at least... Where was her family? Was she lost? Why was she dressed like a little homeless person? So many questions with little to no answer for him, except the stench of soot and smoke that she carried.

Cergio swallowed, for the little girl had not moved at all from her current position, and he had little to no idea what to do with a crying child; however, her sorrows could be heard all around, people's eyes starting to wander in their direction. Cergio did not like that... No, he did not like that at all, but what he disliked more was the child's sorrow itself. He never liked to see someone in such a state, yet he had never actually had to deal with something like this upfront.

"..."

MommyDaddyMommyDaddyMommyDaddy

The wails echoed through her mind, silent and only able to escape her in the form of sobs that shook her entire body. She never realized a person could feel this sad, could cry this much. It felt like her world was breaking down around her and there was nothing she could do about it. Her chest and head hurt, whether from crying or something else and she felt hot and cold at the same time. She couldn't really feel her feet anymore and if one were to touch the limbs, they would find them ice cold. Her hands continued to rub at her eyes, the tears streaming never-ending from her eyes. Her hair was soaked and some strands were clinging to her cheeks and forehead.

He did not know what possessed him actually, large form slowly shifting until he was fully turned to the child. He knelt down then, still completely dwarfing the girl, but at least he was some what closer to her height as a large hand extended to gruffly rest upon her tiny head. How fragile it was, like touching a glass vase rather than a person, yet he kept it there for a moment, if anything to catch her attention as he only stared...waiting with that unchanged stoic stare. He attempted to soften it a bit for her sake though, for he had little to no idea what he should actually do with a child... Maybe taking her to the authorities would be best...

The man seemed forgotten in her sorrow, the child starting as something landed on her head suddenly. Her hands dropped from her eyes and she stared wide-eyed at the man before her. He…He was the one she bumped into. He was crouching now, resting on hand on her head as if trying to gain her attention. She sniffled, tears slowing slightly as she was distracted. She meet his stare, blinking as she reached up to rub at her swollen eyes. Her nose was now stuffy from her crying and it looked slightly red. Her cheeks were red as well though now all she felt was cold, form still trembling but this time from her wet clothes and poor state of dress. Unthinkingly, perhaps she was just cold or maybe she needed comfort, Primrose stepped forward and threw her arms around the man, burying herself against him. Her tired and over-whelmed brain really didn't stop and think about the fact that she was hugging a complete stranger. All she wanted was to sleep and maybe forget about what happened.

Cergio did not know what he could do for the child, being that he had never actually been placed in this sort of situation, but he did know one thing. It was not right to leave the child in this state. She was soaked to the bone, dirty, and had no shoes and no guardian around to keep her safe. It did not seem like things would go down very well if he took her to the police either. Their predujice would probably end in Cergio being locked up until the MMW could come and drag his ass back to the Facility. That was not a good idea. Police made him nervous...Maybe he would be better off just dropping her off at the station-

"Oof."

He had not expected the child to suddenly hug him, Cergio stiffening automatically. It was first response to push her off, but he stopped himself, arms outstretched for a moment as though the child was made of glass and he would completely ruin her by touching her; however, her hug only tightened. It felt strange, having this small little person with her little baby hands wrapped around him, but after the initial shock, he let himself calm. It reminded him a bit of something he had once known... Something familiar...

She was freezing cold though, and it was only with her touching him that Cergio seemed to automatically notice it. She would catch her death out here if she were to be left like this another moment. All thoughts seemed to have been forgotten at that time, his mind only training on the fact that he had to find some sort of safety for her...Somewhere warm with food for the night until he could bring her to the police station in the morning.

It was almost an immediate answer to him at least. Granny. The woman's house was warm. She had great food and a spare bed... He could not help but feel slightly guilty about that thought though. Going from bombarding the woman with stray cats to stray children now, it seemed, but he could not imagine leaving this little one alone like this. Sure, maybe there was someone more qualified to take her to the police or to help her, but she had come to him, so it was only natural that he felt the need to assist.

"..."

Primrose was rather surprised that the man returned her hug. She felt sort of bad that she was probably making him all wet from her own soaked clothing but he was a little warm and that was better than the cold she had been feeling. It felt nice to be hugged. Oddly enough, this man's hugs were even better than daddy's hugs! Why was that? Why did she feel safe around him? From the look she got at him, he sure looked scary enough and he had yet to really say anything but…there was something about his eyes that make his scary appearance fade away. They looked at her softly and a little lonely. Why was he lonely? Did he not have a mommy or daddy anymore either? Maybe once she wasn't feeling cold or scared she could try and cheer him up. Mommy used to tell her, her smile could make anyone happy. She wondered if it would make this man happy. Maybe then he would stop being sad and lonely. Primrose didn't like it when people were sad. It made the sky cry, like it was doing now.

He moved rather robotically then, arms wrapping around the child, supporting her weight as he stood up, plucking her off the ground and bringing her with him to his full height. He did not have much warmth to offer in this form, but it was better than nothing as he shifted her weight a bit to hold her more comfortably. She was shaking like a leaf though, Cergio frowning a bit at the lack of care anyone had taken towards her. What was she, fucking invisible? These people would sooner help a rabid dog than a lost child, but maybe that just showed how little human Cergio actually was. He did not dwell long on that thought, body turning sharply at he started moving to the exit. Granny would have to wait on her festival stuff... Cergio would make it all up to her another day. This was slightly more important.

Her inner thoughts were broken when she felt the man's arms around her shift, holding her close as he stood up, taking her with him. She gasped, arms tightening slightly around his neck. There were so high up! She could see through the crowds now. Mommy and Daddy had promised last night before bedtime that they would take her to the festival….

She was shifted in the man's arms and she lessened her grip around his neck, shifting herself to find a more comfortable position. He was warm, but she still felt cold. And she hadn't realized until she was picked up just how much her feet and toes hurt. The rock path from her home to town had not been kind on the tiny appendages and combined with the cold and wet ground, her feet were suffering from it greatly.

As the man began headed towards the exit, Primrose laid her head down onto his shoulder, small hands lightly clutching the fabric of the man's shirt. A small actually almost caused a small smile to crack on that otherwise stoic expression, yet it was only an almost... as most things were nowadays, yet his gaze shifted a bit in her direction. Was it odd that this did not feel exactly off to him. How sketch he must have looked if anyone was paying attention, plucking a crying child off of the street like she was his very own, but he could not help but be reminded of someone he had met before... He had not seen her in a while, but he could not help but feel that small hint of warmth in his heart at such a memory, only now tuning into the small voice in his ear.

"My name is Primrose..."

That name was oddly fitting for this rain battered flower. She must have been loved... must have someone that is searching for her, for who would leave someone like this alone. He ususally did not like to be touched, but was perfectly fine with her icy body huddling to him for warmth. No... He did not mind at all as he walked, mind racing with what exactly he was going to do when he got to Granny's. He would have quite a bit of explaining to do, but it was not like it would be forever. Just long enough for him to be able to take her to the authorities so that they could find her parents... her guardian... someone that cared for her...

He had almost forgotten to respond to her as well, large form carrying him through the crowd. He had taken notice of the lapse in rainfall. That was at least one positive of the day, Cergio shifting the girl on his side once more. He was frowning though. Should he answer her? Did she expect him to speak back? It was odd to have anxiety towards a social interaction with a child, but Cergio did owe her that much... His gaze flicked back ahead as he moved through the last bits of crowds, stepping under the festivities to the empty streets waiting them ahead. It would be a long walk back to Granny's, but at least there... Primrose would have a warm bed and food... Speaking of Primrose...

Cergio shifted the girl in his arms once more, gaze mainly hidden by his oversized brow as they trudged down the soggy street, but just over the sound of the city, you could hear him in that same growl of a voice.

"Cergio."

crown-divider-list.png

Last edited:
tumblr_oa6gtf57ZC1v9pr3so2_400.jpg
Nico_zpsvt3anv3c.jpg

【Colaboration between @Wingless_Angel and @Gladis】
【Interaction: Nico, Wren and Noelani (@Aka~Kitsune)】

"I can do this. I can do this..." Nico repeated it over and over, continuing to carefully survey his surroundings as he tried his hardest to remain calm. It was so much easier said than done. He was completely lost – to the point where he was no longer even sure of which direction he'd been coming from. Or where he was heading.

"I-I can do this..." His eyes were burning with tears, his slender little hands quivering as he held on to his raincoat. "I can..." gulp, "do- ah!" he gasped as he suddenly felt someone bump into him, tripping forwards, though managing to catch himself just in time... by grabbing on to the shirt of whomever had been bumping into him. Realizing what he'd done, the black haired boy stumbled a few steps back.

"I-I'm sorry, minster! I didn't mean t-to do that-" as he glanced up he blinked, realizing that he recognized this person. "Re...Wren, right? I... have you seen Makoto around? O-or Noelani? I can't find any of them anywhere and...and..." looked down, he scuffed his feet, his cheeks taking on a light pink hue. "I'm kind of, sort of lost."

Tears. Wren didn't sign up for tears. He didn't know what to do when he cried himself, never mind another person. He felt panic skitter down his spine as his mind ran around in circles. What did he do? A hug? Wait no, he barely knew Nico, a hug would be too weird. A consoling pat on the shoulder? No, that would be too cold and distant. What did he do?!

Feeling a headache coming on, Wren settle for awkwardly patting Nico on top of his head, which is probably the worst of his other two ideas. "U-Um…It's okay. D-Don't cry. No, I haven't seen Noelani, especially with crowds like these. Or Makoto. But how hard could it be to find them really?"

What was he doing? This was the first time Wren has ever really said two words to the human and now here he was trying to help him out? He could practically feel his father's disapproving glare and the harsh sing of the whip against his back. The feathers hidden in his hair raised on end slightly before he shook his head slightly to disperse the memories and rubbed a hand against the feathers, looking as if he was rubbing his neck in thought or nervousness. "U-Um…I can…help you..look for them? Two pairs of eyes are better than one after all."

Major relief. That was what Nico felt right at that moment. Wren's words were about the first good thing Nico had received at this festival. He blinked, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand as he took a deep breath. Things were going to be okay. He wasn't all alone anymore, even if Wren was pretty much a stranger. At least he felt like he was someone he could trust. They were both watchers. Right at that moment, it was all that counted.

"Than-" Nico quickly turned his face away from Wren as he sneezed, "-k'choo. If… if it's not too much of a bother, I would appreciate it…" And Nico had even tried so hard not to cry.

A small sigh of relief escaped him as Wren saw the tears being wiped from Nico's eyes. Anger he could deal with, happiness he could sort of deal with, even jealously, but tears were so far outside Wren's comfort zone. He was surprised he didn't just freeze up when he saw the tears. Once his co-worker's boyfriend broke-up with her and she came crying to Wren of all people at work. He had just sort of froze up and stared intensely at his shoes until he could make his escape. Not his finest moment. Maybe it was because Nico was a Watcher like himself?

Whatever the reason, now all they had to do was find Noelani or Makoto and then maybe Wren could go home. It was raining and he hadn't brought an umbrella nor a raincoat. His hair was starting to plaster to his face and his glasses were quickly becoming useless as they were speckled with water. What made it worse was that his shirt was wet and thus he was unable to dry them. "Well, maybe we should find some crates or a chair we can use to see over the crowds?"

"That's a great idea!" Nico exclaimed, a soft grin splitting his face as he reached for Wren's hand. That way he could make sure that neither of them got lost. He didn't worry so much that Wren would, as that he himself would. The thought of once again being completely on his own was terrifying.

As another hand wrapped around his own, Wren started at the foreign feeling. Not very many people ever touch him or willingly initiate contact first. That said, Wren hardly ever touches other people as well. He found himself staring down at their clasped hands with a perplexed expression on his face. Was it supposed to make him feel warm inside? He wouldn't let himself think about, but in the back of his mind he noted that the lonely feeling that was his constant companion receded a small bit at the feel of Nico's hand holding his own. There wasn't much of a contrast between their hands; both were small and pale and delicate.

"Chairs… chair…" frowning, he tried to think of a place where they might find chairs, "they'd be at the stalls that sell lots of food, right? I-I… hmmmm…" and then he remembered, "I think I saw a few stalls like that earlier. Uhm… that way, maybe…" he raised his free hand to point in the direction he'd come from.

As Nico's voice drew his attention, Wren raised his head and looked in the direction his companion was pointing. "Hmmm, that sounds like a plausible idea. It's worth a shot."

Nico was just about to start heading there, when a sudden angry roar of tore through the sky. Alarmed, Nico jumped, his eyes wide as his grip on Wren's hand tightened considerably.

Thunder.

Even Wren even found himself flinching at the sound, eyes shooting up to gaze at the rumbling clouds, relief filling him as the rain slowed to a bare sprinkle. Oh thank the gods above. Wren felt like a fish out of water from how wet he had become. Maybe since the rain was letting up, he would be able to dry out.

"Shall we?" Wren inquired with a tilt of his head, gesturing at their set direction.

Nico gave a nod of his head, the corners of his lips curving into a smile. Now once again filled with hope and courage, he set off towards the food stalls as planned, gently pulling Wren with him.

Wren found himself wanting to smile back at Nico but the moment passed before his lips so much as twitched. What was wrong with him? First he's helping humans and now he finds himself wanting to smile at them? Maybe he's getting sick. That would make sense. He knew he should have stayed in bed today. As Nico pulled Wren through the crowd, he focused on not running into anyone and not losing Nico in the packed crowds.

They never quite made it all the way to the food stalls however. About halfway there, something new caught Nico's attention.

Wren became very confused when Nico suddenly started going in a different direction than they had planned. "Nico? What's wrong?" He inquired, peering over Nico's shoulder to try and see what he was gazing at.

It was round, and red and on a stick.

And it looked absolutely delicious. Nico barely even recognized that he'd stopped, his mouth watering as his dark eyes locked on the fruity goodness. Now he truly regretted that he'd let go of Makoto. If he'd still been with the lieutenant, then perhaps Nico could have gotten to try one of those…

Wren side-stepped around the boy and followed his gaze to the particular item he was staring at.

….

Was that an apple? What in the world was it doing on a stick? Humans sure were strange creatures. An apple did not require a stick in order to eat it.

"It looks delicious…" Nico mumbled longingly.

Wren glanced back at Nico before he turned and addressed the owner of the stall. "Hello, I would like two of….those…" He pointed at the apples, unsure of what to call them. Apples on a stick? He was handed his desired items, passed over the correct amount of crowns to pay and he turned, handing Nico one of the treats.

Nico blinked in surprise, his gaze gliding away from the apples and to Wren. "You didn't have to…" Seeing Wren hold one out to him like that was too much. He simply couldn't refuse. It looked too delicious. And since he'd already bought it, saying he didn't want it would be rude… So he accepted it carefully, bowing his head in appreciation.

"Thank you so much! I-I'll find a way to pay you back! I promise! I've always wanted to try one of these…" he said shyly yet happily, smiling down at his apple.

Wren then stared at his own apple, turning it this way and that. Okay, so he has one. How did he go about eating it though? He decided to go about it like he was eating an apple and went to take a bite. He jerked back however when his teeth touched it and he cast Nico a wide-eyed look. "It's sticky. Why is it sticky? Did I get a bad one?"

Nico glanced back up as Wren spoke, unable to keep a soft giggle from escaping his lips. Even Nico knew what a candied apple was. How couldn't he? Noelani was his guardian, and she was like a walking encyclopedia on sweets.

"It's been dipped in sugar, so it would be weird if it wasn't sticky. I think you're just supposed to bite into them like this…" It was certainly easier said than done. The crust was far tougher than it looked, and Nico found it difficult to bite into. "Mgh…" he frowned, though he wasn't ready to give up just yet. With determination burning in his eyes, he once again attempted to bite into the apple, this time around giving it all he had.

And he was rewarded with the perfect combination of sweet and sour engulfing his taste buds.

"It's super tasty!" he almost squealed in excitement as he looked up at Wren. "Try it!

Dipped in sugar? Why? Wasn't an apple sweet enough without it? Wren regarded the treat in his hand with hesitation. He brought it slowly to his mouth, moving as if it would lash out at him at any second. He watched carefully how Nico bit into it, then opened his mouth and took the plunge.

Mmph!

Okay, he saw how Nico had struggled with his bite, but Wren was not prepared for just how sticky it was. His teeth became immobile and he cast Nico a panicked look. After a few alarm-filled moments, Wren finally tensed his jaw and bit down with all he had. A chunk broke off and Wren held it in his mouth for a few seconds, recovering from being free from the apple. With caution filling his expression, he began to actually chew and taste his prize, the caution morphing to surprise. It..wasnt..all that bad. It was rather good in fact. Much better than the sugar monstrosities his younger brother liked to consume on a daily basis. He gazed at the apple then looked up at Nico. "Its..good.." He took another struggle-filled bite before he remembered their actual purpose for headed this way.

Nico's smile turned into a grin upon hearing Wren's words of approval, once again biting into his apple as he savored the taste. Makoto rarely allowed him to have sweets, and perhaps for a good reason. Thus, getting to try something was all the more wonderful.

"Oh! Right, our mission. We still need to find Noelani." He grabbed Nico's hand and began leading the boy through the crowds, munching on his treat on the go. After a few minutes of navigating people uncaringly stepping on his feet and trying not to get the sugar from his apple all over himself, the two finally emerged victorious in front of a few crates resting next to a vender. Wren handed his half-eaten apple for Nico to hold onto and climbed up onto the crates, finally tall enough to look out over the crowds.

"Hmmmmm…" He turned his head this way and that, looking for a familiar shape. Wait..was that? No, no. Not Noelani. Wait, there! He jumped down from the crates and grabbed Nico's hand again, plucking his apple from the boys fingers. "Found her! Let's go before we lose her!" With that, he began pulling Nico earnestly through the crowds.

Nico tightly held on to Wren with one hand, whilst clasping his candy apple with the other, determined not to get lost this time. Now, everything would be fine. And he'd even possibly managed to make a new friend. Nico could not help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

What a wonderful experience his first festival had been.

Keneth%20Tablot_zpsih688uhw.jpg

Kenneth Talbot
[ Gothenburgh // Midday // Evergreen Festival ]
[ @Ythania ]

Kenneth liked Andrew's singing.

Well, of course he did. Kenneth didn't actually know a person who actively didn't like Andrew's singing, even if his lyrics were a little...Shaky. Hey, they were off the cuff--It was reasonable. As Kenneth's playing drew to a close, he paused to wave out to the slight audience the two of them, beaming a grin. "H-hope you're having a fantastic time, everyone!" He called out, then looked away to wipe at the corners of his mouth again. A black streak showed up on the side of his thumb. Urgh, that probably came out while he was playing...Hope nobody saw that.

The organist began to reposition his fingers on the keys, then paused, looking down at the singer. He leaned down. "U-um, you, you know, Andrew...Y'don't--You don't really have to stay here. Go h-have fun, I'm just here to work..."

After all, it would be rude of him to just hold Andrew back. The Evergreen Festival had lots of things to do, and nobody deserved to be tethered to someone who's job it was to just sit around and make idle background music. Kenneth smiled again, making a small motion with his head to insist that he was serious on the matter.

Besides, it wasn't like he wouldn't see him around. It was hard to miss the guy in the middle playing an organ, and even harder to miss Andrew walking around.​

Elizabeth%20Adrienne%20Leclair_zpshaf39vtl.jpg

Interactions: Azusena @Aka~Kitsune】​

"Should I get her the monkey... or the duck? Aww, but the ladybug is really cute too... or maybe I shoud give her something else alltogether."

The woman standing before the stall, thoughtfully twirling her plum colored umbrella whilst struggling to decide which little glass figurine to get as though the world depended on it, was non other than Elizabeth LeClair, Lady Famine herself. She wore a plum coat over a white layered skirt which ended right above her knees. High heels, painted crimson nails, and her platina blond hair carefully styled into a french braid – she appeared both beautiful and elegant.

And it was all thanks to Azusena.

Had Elizabeth herself been given the choice, she would probably have grabbed the nearest jeans and whatever t-shirt she'd first laid her eyes on. Perhaps the one with the cartoonish snowman that she had come to adore. She knew it wasn't really acceptable for her to walk around in public like that, but sometimes she wished she could.

"Lizzy!~"

"Hmmm... maybe I should get Luca the duck and Miki the ladybug... but I feel like the peacock suits Luca better. Oh!" Not even realizing she'd been mumbling to herself, she glanced up as her name was called. There she was. The fashion queen herself, coming at Elizabeth at full speed before pulling her into a tight hug. Elizabeth couldn't help but smile. Seeing Azusena so energetic always made her happy.

"Did you find anything cute? or anything to eat? Guess what, Lizzy?!" The spidress cooed, reaching to pull the small crochet cat key ring form her pocket, handing it over to Elizabeth happily.

"It is very cute." She replied softly, her slender fingers curling around the keychain. "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself– ah, Azzy, which one should I get for Miki?" Elizabeth's gaze wandered back to the figurines. "The duck or the ladybug? They're both so cute, I can't decide... maybe I should just get her bot–" Elizabeth was never allowed to finish her sentence. A sudden strong gust of wind suddenly coming through, tore her umbrella right out of her hand. "Ah!" She tried to grab it, yet to no avail as it was quickly swept away, down along the cobbled road.

Soft grey-blue eyes looked up from the street, a man bent over as he picked up the umbrella and then walked towards Liz and her companion. "Here I think this is yours right?" His voice was soft yet firm in tone. Chad looked down at the lady before him and smiled as he spoke. "Careful, this wind is relentless just after the storm."

Elizabeth appeared mildly flustered. It wasn't graceful for a lady to drop her umbrella.

"Thank you very much, sir." She said as she accepted it. "Have a good day." After a polite curtsy, she quickly hurried back to Azusena, hoping her embarassment didn't show too much on her face. "Come on, Azzy. Let's have a look at the other stalls."

Last edited:
15%2B-%2B1

Chapter 2:
The Escape
Intro written by @DustBunny
Once again, for about the millionth time, a body slammed into a concrete wall, the force of the impact seeming to reverberate throughout the entire room. Whether this actually happened or was a result of Zilon's ever-growing hatred for anything and everything, one couldn't properly tell. Guttural growls and snarls resounded deep from within the monster's vocal chords as he punched and scratched and kicked and charged all of the walls around him. Not even the thick walls caging him in could silence his blatantly voiced hatred. When he wasn't growling or snarling at the walls that hindered his escape, he was roaring and howling loudly, much akin to that of a caged wild animal.

The walls. The thick, concrete walls that locked him up and refused to budge to free him had just as many wounds from Zilon as Zilon did from the walls. Deep scratches from his nails and horns adorned the walls at all corners, even high up where one couldn't think he'd be able to reach. Sections of the walls were dented in from repeatedly throwing his body into it and unending punching. His hands bloody, his bones possibly broken, Zilon fought on. While the damned Ministry bastards were most definitely watching his actions and laughing at his feeble attempts of escape, Zilon was actually training himself. He was learning.

Using the walls as a scratching post, he sharpened his horns and claws, rather than dull them. He fought on through the broken or out-of-place bones to make himself stronger. He was going to make himself stronger so that he would never be captured again. He would never fall prey to the whims of the Ministry again.

Zilon was a Hunter. He was not Prey.

During the time Zilon had currently spent in this blasted cell, he had plenty of time to recap on what had exactly happened to him for him to end up in this position.

It had began much like any normal night. Zilon was bored and dreadfully hungry, so he decided he'd have a little fun with some of the humans. He removed himself from his hole in the sewers he called home and went up into the dark of the city above. He did what he normally did: Stalked from the shadows, struck quickly and quietly, feasted, then left the body in a VERY public place for all to see the following morning. This night, however, Zilon decided to splurge. He killed more than normal. Normally, he'd attack one or two people, but, this night for reasons he wasn't sure, he felt compelled to continue. The death toll he had allotted was nearing the double digits when it happened.

About to score what he believed to be the final kill of the night, he was set upon by a large number of Agents. Low-Rank, completely forgettable agents that weren't the scum on the bottom of Z's shoes. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem. He'd just hunt them all and move on with his life. But, something about this was different.

Zilon noticed how they all set upon him with such knowledge, as if they were waiting for the monster. This wasn't the first time, and you'd have to be positively mentally broken to think otherwise, but it was different from the others somehow. Before he knew it, he felt the sharp pang of something embedding itself into his side. He growled viciously and glared at what made the pain.

Tranquilizer.

Obviously, they were trying to capture him this time, rather than kill him. No previous attempts of either had worked before, but that never stopped the Ministry and their puppets from trying.

Was this the first attempt at sedating Zilon? No. Was this tranquilizer like the others he had felt before? Definitely not. This one was much different. Normally, his rage fought off most of the effects of the sedative, but this one was much more potent. As soon as he felt the effects begin to take over, he charged into action. There was only one thing running through Zilon's mind at that point: Kill.

His mind was clouded by rage and all he could think about was killing all of these useless, puny, ignorant, idiotic, WORTHLESSAgents who dared to try to capture him.

The things Zilon could remember from that night were simple: Screaming, shouting, pain, terror and blood. The very last thing he remembered, however, was himself. Blood dripping from every possible location on his body as he slaughtered each and every one of the Agents. After the initial waves of adrenaline and hatred barely washed away, Zilon could feel his consciousness slipping away as the tranquilizers took their effect on him finally.

And that brings us back to Zilon's current situation. He wasn't sure how long he was out, but he figured it had been at least a full day as his body fought off the effects of the drugs. Since he woke, it had been three full days. He had only known this because his body transformed thrice and he had refused to sleep at all after he had awoken originally.

Zilon was only sure of one thing: He was going to get out of here. He was going to be free and exact his revenge on the Ministry assholes that had shoved him in a room that was more than likely there to break his near indomitable spirit.

Breathing in heavy, loud puffs as he attempted to regain his breath from his most recent tantrum, his eyes darted around the room once again, looking to see if there was any weakness in the walls he had previously overlooked. His slight moment of peace was interrupted. Something happened. It caused Zilon to retreat into a crouching position as a monstrous hiss left his throat.

Black. Everything went black. He didn't pass out, as he was completely coherent. Something else must have happened.

After a short moment, Zilon realized, with utter confusion and interest, what had happened:

The power had gone out.

Zachary%20Suttcliff_zpsr1urtjye.jpg

a_divider_by_ucurmi-d587m8c.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]@Gladis @Katherine Sanderson [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The trio had headed over towards the stalls where games had attracted a range of people from different ages and backgrounds. The cheers and boos of wins and failures echoed within the area around the stalls, pulling more passers into its space when intrigue made them approach. Zachary simply studied them over briefly with an intent to try and deduce which one would be best to head to first. There was no point playing unless they had a reasonable chance of success at the game...plus he didn't want to waste money continuously trying if they failed. He wouldn't put it past Hisato...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Huffing slightly he pointed to one of the nearby stalls that was relatively empty. It was a dart throwing game. The target was to get a minimum score with three darts to win the prize. Looking to Maria and Hisato he smiled faintly.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "How about we try that one...it seems empty and we will not have to wait long to try..."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He mumbled, switching his gaze back to it as he headed over to the stall. The guy behind the counter was middle aged with slowly graying hair. Zachary looked between him and the boards before reaching into his pocket to pull out some money to pay the vendor for three darts each, a set for Maria and Hisato too.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When the other two approached he passed over the trio of darts, a set into Hisato's hand and a set into Maria's.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "You guys take your goes first."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He let his darts twist within his grip as he juggled them within his grip. This was a rare occasion for Zachary and he felt relaxed, even quite happy that he had time to spend with Maria and Hisato. His mind wasn't even focused on the ministry or work...he was completely of clock... Then he felt the familiar shift of his phone in his suit jacket pocket, a familiar tune accompanying it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He groaned.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dragging the device from his pocket he quickly inputted the pass code before answering the call that had caught his attention. He looked to Maria and Hisato for a moment before dropping his darts onto the counter. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Excuse me a moment please."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Formality seemed to entwine itself into his tone as he took a couple of steps back, expression dulled and cold as he stepped towards a corner between isles of stalls. A faint voice chimed from the device and with each syllable his expression grew darker, anger twisting a marring his calm facade. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"...A blackout?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He hissed out, eyes narrowed to slits behind black frames as he stared ahead aimlessly. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"What caused it...?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Moments later he was left to angrily cancel the call and spin around upon his heels, storming over towards the stall with Maria and Hisato before pulling on a smile, though a faint one filled with regret. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I apologize...I need to leave as something has come up at the Ministry...A blackout..."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Looking to them both faintly, it was momentarily visible, his regret and guilt. He settled a hand onto Maria's head, ruffling her head before nodding to Hisato.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "I will see you both tomorrow, I promise."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He would definitely try at least.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A tired and irritated sound fell from his throat as he turned to leave, already maneuvering throughout the stalls and heading to the exit. He had a driver nearby in case something happened but he did not expect this. With his phone still in his hand he quickly opened a message and began to type away with practiced ease. Already having entered the contact details to the agents/monsters that were assigned to the festival. As he came to the streets, the sleek black car parked and waiting, Zachary had already made his way up to the vehicle and practically slammed open the door before sliding in, tapping the green 'send' button in the process.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]' Immediate orders to all agents assigned to the festival. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Return to the Ministry ASAP. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Blackout has occurred '[/BCOLOR]

Makoto search with a new fire behind him. He pushed past people, rage in his eyes, and each time someone cut him off a growl was released from his throat.

"Filthy creatures..." He scowled as his patience was getting thinner by the second. There were several people he had recognized in the distance,monsters he read up on, people he's met, a few more agents and their traitorous hounds, it seemed like everyone was here, and while he was searching, he kept an eye out for any chaos that would disrupt the order the Watchers work to protect. While Noelani was the one in trouble right now, Makoto would be in similar trouble by her and himself if he let disorder roam while he was around.

Then he saw it. The familiar long dark hair atop a tall slender woman nearly 7 meters away. His steely gaze locked onto her as he stepped toward her. Rage emanated off of him, as chills ran down the backs of all he passed. And the world seemed to gift the lietenant for his suffering today as Nico joined the woman.

(Sorry for the short post, I'm on the phone.)

Maria%20Vogel_zpsa6xfcrws.jpg

-​
Maria sighed as she watched Zach's retreating back disappear in the crowd.

This wasn't exactly a situation she would be useful in, all she could do was hope that none of the monsters had escaped and if they had all the agents should still be equipped with her tranquilizer rounds, she said "should" because you never knew with Chad. The first rank agents were supposed to have a couple at all times in case their hounds went rogue but knowing Chad he might have thrown his away just to have an excuse to kill Elias if that should happen. They were also given extra on retrival missions but seeing as all the first rank agents were at the festival, well...

She certanly wasn't a good enough shot that she could put her own rounds, which she never left home (or the lab) without, into a target more than a few feet away with any accuracy making them useless for anything other than self-defense.

Sometimes she really wished she could be of more help to her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=#090909][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#090909][[ Midday, MMW Headquarters ]][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#090909]Lilith sneered at the human that lay at her feet, his eyes still wide with the shock he had felt upon seeing her. She was the last thing he'd ever see. As she had approached him, she held up what looked to be a tranquilizer gun and fired. Once the small black dart hit him in the neck the guard's fate had been sealed. The fast acting poison that dart had been dipped in would have solidified every organ in his body, effectively making him a statue made of flesh. She wasn't called The Medusa for nothing. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#090909] She bent over and pulled the small dart out of his neck and tucked it into the pocket of her black zip-up hoodie. She needed to hurry. If she didn't keep on schedule the entire mission would be ruined. Per their briefing with War, she was to be the team's eyes and ears within the MMW headquarters. Once she was in she was to make her way through the base as stealthily and as quickly as she could, making her way to the room where they kept the surveillance equipment. She was to then incapacitate the guards, the method left to her discretion, and locate Z and report his location back to the others. Then she would wait and watch, keeping an eye on any of the MMW employees that still remained as well as her team and their goal. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#090909]She raced down the hallway as quietly as she could, keeping her back to the wall, and glanced around the corner before heading down a new corridor, the darkness only aiding in her stealthy movements, as she could see rather well in the dark. She ended up taking down three more guards, their bodies hitting the floor before they even saw her. She lifted her hand to her ear and pressed a button the Bluetooth headset she was wearing and waited until the line on the other end was answered. Nothing was said from the other end, and as she made another turn, all she said was "In and headed to the surveillance room." then she hung up.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#090909]After a few more turns and sprints down long hallways. She had arrived at the surveillance room. She heard the guards inside talking, their voices panicked as they tried to figure out why the lights had gone out. She crouched down and made her way to the door, and peeked into the room through the glass panel. Not surprisingly, it seemed that even though the rest of the electricity was out, the cameras and computers were still working. It seemed their intel about the cameras being hooked to a backup generator had been correct. Lilith took a deep breath and let it out slowly. As she did, she stood abruptly, everything from her shoulders up no visible in the panel. One guard saw her and yelled, pointing a finger at her through the door. His partner was in the process of turning around when she kicked the door open. Even in her human form she was stronger than the average human. Before the other human could turn to see her, she shot him with a dart and he fell. When she went to shot the other guard, her gun jammed and she threw it to the side with a frustrated growl. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#090909]She eyed the human, watching his eyes go from her to his partner to what must have been an emergency alarm then back to her. This went on for what seemed like forever but was only a couple of seconds before the guard made a move to press the button. He had probably felt that his chances to press the button were high given that she was all the way across the room from him. He was wrong. Almost quicker than his eyes would have been able to follow she was on him, her body slamming into his and away from the button that would have alerted everyone to the fact that something other than the electricity being out was going on. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#090909]He opened his mouth to scream at the same time her elongated canines clamped down on his throat, pumping his body full of neurotoxic venom. When she pulled away, blood sprayed from the wounds, covering her face and chest in the man's blood as she took a moment to watch his body twitch and convulse. Getting to her feet she kicked him a couple of times, enjoying the sound of his ribs cracking before she made her second call. As it rang she searched the monitors until she found what she was looking for. When the line was answered she spoke. "I found him. He's being held in what looks like a concert cell on the lowest level." she watched on screen as the realization of what must be happening dawned on her fellow Rat. "He's up and moving, and I think he knows we're here." she reported in and waited for any new orders. [/BCOLOR]

[[ Midday, Gothenburgh, Evergreen Festival ]]
Interaction: Miki @Strawberry275 and Rekeren @Moogle-Girl
tumblr_lqcsymORv71ql1l0v.gif
"Don't joke about that, Miki. I would literally try to rip his head off." If anything, the air that Luca was emitting right now would resemble that of a doting brother more than anything. He wouldn't let anyone as much as look at Miki the wrong way, or he would beat them senseless. He smiled at Rekeren. "Joke aside, though, we'd like to see the show. Whether or not it's modeled to fit our tastes or not, I'm sure it'll be super interesting." Luca was genuinely interested in this kind of lifestyle. Aside from Miki, he never really interacted with others that were directly involved with Carnival.

As they were talking, he moved a hand up to brush a lock of hair behind his ear when his eye caught sight of his wristwatch. He let out a disapproving sound as he looked apologetically at Miki. "I'm sorry, Miki. My dad set a meetup time today, so I gotta go now. I'll try to make it to the show tonight, sorry about this." They had agreed vaguely on a place to meet, but this was Luca's first time on his own in the crowds of people, and he was soon getting lost in the crowd.

"What the hell... I was sure it was this way... damn it." He mumbled to himself as he persisted on, wanting to get his family business over and done as soon as he could. He didn't need more moments with his dad than necessary. He was already getting tired at this point, wanting to go back. When he had searched high and low and still not met up with anyone of the Carson household, he decided to take a little break; if he was lost, walking around all over the place wasn't going to help his family find him.

He ordered a soft drink at a small café set up inside the festival, sitting down inside at a table with a view over the crowd walking by outside. He sighed heavily as he poked at his straw, wanting to go back and find Miki. He resisted the urge, though, and roamed his handbag until he found his phone. He tried dialing his dad. No answer. He sent a text with his location. He couldn't be bothered to do any more than this as he stared out of the window.

Reactions: WitchesRayvyn
Hisato_zps1rv2tyaq.jpg

Gothenburgh Afternoon Evergreen Festival
Interaction: Maria (@Katherine Sanderson ) and Zachary (@Aka~Kitsune)】
"Hm?" Hisato glanced in the direction Zachary was looking, his auburn gaze landing on a stall offering a game of darts. Tilting his head to the side, he tried to think back the last time he'd attempted to play with darts. Surely it hadn't been for many years. "Darts, huh? Sounds fun~" He would be fine, probably. At least that was what he tried to tell himself. Yet the moment Zachary placed the darts in his slender hands, Hisato something similar to a needle sting drew his attention to his finger. A pearl of blood, rolling down his pinky before dropping to the ground. Hisato blinked in surprise, though really he shouldn't have been. He always found ways to hurt himself, even if it wasn't intentional. Most of the time it wasn't. Setting down the darts on the wooden counter, he hid his bleeding hand behind his back as he looked to Maria with a grin.

"Go ahead, darling. Why don't you start? Oh-" Glancing around, he realized that Zachary was no longer with them. "Where did Zach go to?" Barely had the question left his mouth, when his eyes found the person they was looking for, only a few steps away between the isles... and on his phone. Hisato's expression grew serious, if only for a moment. It seemed his premonition that something was going to happen had been right after all. Zachary's words as he returned a few moments later more or less confirmed it.

Hisato smiled softly.

"Go do what you've got to do, Zachary. I'm sure we'll see each other again, soon." Though really, Hisato doubted it. Zach had become so obsessed with work these last few years, that he only rarely payed attention to Hisato and Maria these days. He supposed it was to be expected from a grown man... but sometimes Hisato wished Zachary would start thinking more of himself. Those were the kind of thoughts passing through the monster's mind, as he watched the director of the monster ministry disappear into the crowds.

"I suppose it's just us again now, huh, Maria?" His gaze traveled back to the slender woman standing beside him, though seeing her flat expression 'caused him to hesitate. He could tell that she was brooding over something, though she did a good job of hiding it as always. Glancing back at the arrows, he reached out to pick one of them up, this time around managing not to prick himself with it. Not that anyone would have noticed that he'd done it just a few moments ago at this point. The wound, along with the blood, were gone. As though they've never even been there in the first place.

Wearing an ever so cheerful grin, he threw the first dart.

And only a few moments later, he was holding the grand price in his arms. A huge, fluffy, white plush bear which he kind of just shoved onto Maria. It was perhaps his way of trying to cheer her up.

"Don't make such a glum face, my darling. We've got an entire festival to enjoy, no? I'm sure the agents and your brother will sort out whatever's going on at the ministry just fine."

3joKhSC.jpg

1st Rank Agent Jonathan Adams and Hound Anna Finch
Gothenburgh
Mid-Day
Evergreen Festival​

The crowd was thick as ever, and the sky seemed to be growing darker by the minute almost as if it were trying to warn everyone of the coming storm. Through the crowd he walked, holding a bag of goodies near his chest as he scanned the colors. 'She just had to go run off.' Adams thought as he tried to spot who was likely to be the only person in the crowd wearing a snow white cloak, admittedly it was much harder a task than he had imagined it would be and not because there were others in white but because there were just so many other colors that it was hard to focus on any single one. 'Never going to find her at this ra---' his thought cut off by a low buzz in his pocket. Sighing he reached his free hand around to the pocket currently housing the phone. Giving it a tap he read the message on the screen before slipping it back into his pocket, "Jeez." he sighed again, "It's supposed to be our day off." he said as he started to search a bit harder for Anna.

"Come back! Don't run off!" Marie called frantically as she chased after her younger sister, a four foot two ball of energy named Caitlyn, just seven years old; four years younger than Marie; and already getting into more trouble than Marie was capable of at eleven. "Cate! Cate! I can't----" she smashed into a festival-goer sending her spinning for the ground. Her mind shut-off as she hit the ground head first.

'Wake up you idiot, go get Cate...' she thought as her mind came back to her, eyes fighting against unseen weights to open. The gray sky was fuzzier than she remembered and darker now than it was just seconds before, 'It's because there's someone standing over you Marie.' she thought to herself as her vision began to adjust. It was a man, a random festival-goer and very likely it was the man she had ran full force into, he wore a red scarf and a sympathetic smile as he helped Marie up off the wet ground.

"Are you alright? That was quite the hit you just took there." he waved his empty hand at the ground she had just been laying in.

"Oh yes...! Yes I'm fine... Sorry for running into you...! But my sister! I need to get my sister!" she turned quickly and bolted from the man. Running in the direction Cate had disappeared off in, now paying bit more attention to everything around her in an attempt to not end up in the mud once more.

She passed a motley little organ with a young man sitting at its bench, well dressed and rather cute, even if he was too old for her. But it didn't stop her search, she kept running through the crowd her eyes focusing on those around her as she went. A family with a crying baby. A couple in an alley. An elegant looking woman sporting skinny jeans and a black top with chiffon lining her shoulders complimenting her jet black hair so beautiful that Marie felt a pang of jealousy at her average blonde hair. Not far from the beautiful woman was a another young man, sporting glasses, a small child seemingly attached to his hip, and a face so stern Marie was sure she was about to get scolded.

She wasn't scolded. She continued running.

More faces, more people she would never see again. Not enough of Cate. She ran past a luxury-sports car hybrid, all black as a man that must have been the same age as her eldest brother entered the back in quite a hurry. The car passed her just as she dipped back into the crowds. 'Where is she?!' her mind screamed legs burning with every step. Ahead she spotted her, stood in front of someone wearing a white cloak.

Marie slowed down as she walked up to her sister, "Cate, you can't run off like that!" she said once she was within just a few feet of her sister and the person in white. "Cate? Are you listening to me---" noticing Cates' face a pale white and her eyes unblinking she followed her sisters gaze up to the hood of the cloak, hidden beneath was a beautiful young woman with purple eyes, white hair, and what should have been a soft face. But something was wrong. The woman was drooling like a rabid animal, a seemingly unending stream of saliva flowing from the sides of her lips and disappearing behind her cloak.

A few startled seconds later and Marie finally noticed why her sister had yet to move, the woman's hand was outstretched from under her cloak, holding tight around her sisters wrist, the skin turning a ghostly shade of grey as the blood was pushed from the area by the grip of the woman. Without thinking she reached out and grabbed the woman's hand, the hand instantly released Cate who fell back with a solid thud as she sat on the ground. Taking a step back, Marie now realized what had happened. While she grabbed the woman's right hand her left had appeared from beneath the cloak and grabbed her arm. Stuck in the same vice grip that her sister had just experienced she began to tear up at the pressure. "Miss, please I don't---" she winced as the grip tightened, "I don't know what my sister did but----" the young woman was now looking directly at her, saliva still streaming forth but now joined by tears.

"Please. Run." the woman spoke softly.

Behind her, Marie could vaguely register Cate screaming at the top of her lungs.
The scream pierced the sound of the festival, high and shrill, much like the sound an injured animal makes when it knows it's done for.

Before Adams had fully processed the scream he was already sprinting full force in its direction, pistol in his right hand and shoving people mercilessly out of the way. 'No no no.' he thought as he stiff armed a man sending him flying into a stall of cheap tapestries, leaving behind him a crumbling mess that was once a stall. He rounded a corner, closing in on the screams to find himself moving upstream against the flow of the Yangtze, except instead of water it was bodies all pushing away from the screaming. 'Fuck!' he thought as he pushed on ahead.

He caught glimpses of Anna through the crowd, she was hooded as usual but that was all that he could tell. He swapped the rounds in his pistol from hollow point to tranquilizers, 'If she hasn't turned then I can still take her down without having to kill her.' He continued to push, now screaming at the top of his lungs for people to get out of his way.

Less bursting through the wave of people and more simply put being left behind by the tide he found himself in a relatively large empty area with its center being Anna, whom he could now see was holding onto a young girl, with another girl sitting on the ground being the source of the screaming. "God dammit Anna." he cursed silently to himself. He raised his pistol in one fluent motion and let fly all thirteen tranquilizer darts in his magazine with tiny puffs as they left the barrel. He watched each one land squarely in Anna's side, no doubt pumping her full of tranquilizer even before he had registered the hits.

Without second thought he ejected the empty magazine and inserted a second magazine of tranquilizers. Ahead Anna had let go of the girl, who had collected her sister and began to run toward him. "Keep running past me, don't look back!" he said as he ushered them past him with his non-firing hand, pistol still fixated on Anna. As the sounds of the two crying children moved past him he began to move closer to Anna.

"Anna, Little Bird.... What have you done?" he asked as he got closer. Thirty feet. Twenty Five. Anna turned and started a B-Line for Adams, a steady stream of saliva being left behind her. He fired. Three. Four. Six. Nine. He rolled to the side as Anna swiped past him, her right arm having turned into something no longer human. Three jet black, razor sharp blade-like nails extended from her arm, which now resembled more of a meat paste than a human arm. "Good news huh, just your arm?" he said letting out a laugh, knowing well and good that Anna could no longer understand what he was saying in her current state. He ejected the tranquilizer magazine along with the three remaining rounds and quickly slotted in the hollow point rounds. He stood for a moment before Anna charged once more.

Thirteen pops reverberated through the buildings and roads surrounding the Evergreen Festival, quickly followed by silence.

Huffing loudly, Adams clutched at his flank, a large gash running across it where Anna had managed to graze him with one of her blades. His arm began to feel warmer, and much more slick. Just behind him lay a white cloak, no longer moving and slowly taking on the muddy brown of the ground at its edges while just a few feet to its right lay a massive severed arm. Black nails and all. It twitched a few times before stopping entirely. He moved tentatively toward Anna kneeling at the cloak and reaching below it. He lifted her up with relative ease, considering that she was now missing an arm and all the other mass that had gone into transforming the large piece of flesh, it did make sense. Moving her hood from her eyes he was greeted by the empty eyes he knows all too well.

"Time to go home Little Bird."

Maria%20Vogel_zpsa6xfcrws.jpg

-​
Maria stumbled as Hisato abruptly shoved a huge, fluffy polar-bear plushy at her but she managed to keep hold of both it and her balance in the end. It was a bit of a miracle that he'd been able to get it in the first place considering how clumsy he could be but it seemed he would always be the right amount of clumsy when it it came to cheering her up. She gave him a huff and a fond look before answering him. He could be such a dork sometimes, but he was one of her dorks.

"Sure thing old man, now hold this so I can try this game too," she said and shoved the plushy back at him. "Maybe I'll win you something. We wouldn't want to waste Zachie's money now would we?" She smirked at him and tried to let go of her worries as she picked up her own darts.

Corinne%20Jarvis_zpsxevt8xg7.jpg

|| Midday, Gothenburg, Evergreen Festival ||
|| Interactions: @Wolfsin ||

Talking to Elias didn't go as well as Corinne had liked, if their small interaction could have been considered talking at all. She had barely gotten a word out before he had caught sight of Anna and abruptly left her company. She pursed her lips and cocked her head to the side before shrugging and leaving the two hounds be. There was work to do after all and it wouldn't do to be distracted. Corinne gave Elias and Anna one last glance before setting her goal to finding her own hound, wherever the man might be. Probably with a girl, she thought with a roll of her eyes. It was never appropriate to mix business with pleasure, but Gabriel was stubborn and refused to see that. And yet...

"Fried Cookies! Get yer fried cookies her'!"

Corinne's eyebrows twisted in a look of shock, disgust, and slight intrigue. Quickly, the woman checked her surroundings, turning around in a circle to see if she was being followed. As though she was suddenly a spy on a secret mission, Corinne tiptoed up to the booth and the smell of fried sweet hit her nostrils like a ton of bricks. Sparing a second glance to ensure no one she knew was around, she turned her attention to the vendor and whispered "I'll have five, please. One of each." She paused and sucked on her teeth. "Actually, make that six with one of each except two of those..." The girl pointed to show the man which cookie she meant before shuffling to get her payment from the small pockets of her blazer. As the man handed the filled back to her, she quickly gave him the money and whispered "Thanks," before absconding away and pulling a treat from the bag.

She gave the morsel a small sniff before touching it lightly from her tongue. It didn't taste awful. In fact, it actually might be good. Corinne took a small bite before judging it delicious and shoved the rest of the cookie in her mouth. Unfortunately, the timing was bad on her part.

"Ahh yes what a wonderful.. '15' minutes this has been.... "

She forced herself to swallow, choking slightly on the cookie that had yet to be chewed thoroughly. Of course she would find him when she wasn't looking for him. Corinne fumbled with the bag of deliciousness, finding stuffing it clumsily into her too-small blazer pocket just as the distracted hound bumped into her. On instinct, she stepped back to open up the space between them.

"Indeed, fifteen minutes, Gabriel," she tried to keep her voice as stern as possible, despite the scratching in her throat. Corinne cleared her throat and folded her arms, giving off the appearance of authority instead of minor suffering. It phased her that Gabriel would be able to tell that something else was bothering her aside from his lack of care on the job, but he didn't know that she herself had been momentarily slacking.

"So, this is where you've been. Did you find anything? And by anything, I mean something more than harassed females filing for restraining orders?" A small tune came from an empty pocket that immediately grabbed Corinne's attention. She fumbled with her phone for a moment before opening it and reading the message. "I hope you're ready. We've got to go."

Gabriel%20Silento_zps20fob2z5.jpg

@Lannister
"Oh good I finally found you!" Gabriel did his best to sound sincere, but knew that he was already in the dog house with his partner. He turned and smiled at her rubbing the back of his head anxiously. "Well you see... the good news is there were in fact no restraining orders filed this day.... though i fear that we may be getting a cop visit soon enough.. that one girl... she said she was 19... but I'm not so sure..." A sly grin played at Gabriels lips as he winked a Corinne. "Taking the fact that I might be serving a few years of prison aside... everything was quite calm today. what about on your end? Did youuuu get any work done? he raised his brow in question and circled around her for a second. "or..... maybe you're cheating on me.... It was the guy selling balloons wasn't it?!" Gabriel swayed away from her dramatically and started to cry.... 'how could you!? after everything we have been through together.. what about the kids?!" At this point the crowd had eyes on them, though no one approached.

Gabriel smirked. and leaned in whispering in her ear. "We could make a killing with our displays don't you think?" He didn't care about being embarrassed, rather this was just the way he acted. Gabriel was a free spirit that enjoyed making light of everything, sometimes even the relationship he shared with Corinne. But same as always She was to the point... "We have to go then? What is going on?" Gabriels mood shifted, just in knowing what the little beeper meant for him. There was trouble.. that the ministry required to call them back... work. "I promise Ill meet up with you get the car ready.. I will go get my equipment... Must be serious if they are calling all of us back huh?" Just like that he could switch into 'work mode' Gabriel Silento.. Hound of the ministry.. Heartless bastard... and well.. Blackbird.

"Welp.. vacations over."

Cerigo_zps1sb7mlgz.jpg

crown-divider-list.png

Gothenburgh || Dowtown Outskirts || Granny's House Front Porch

Time
"A little early in the day for rain, don't you think?"
Midday, Closer to afternoon || Clouded Skies

OOTD
[spoili]
e5ba9fac68afd639f7238e35fb51dd89.jpg
[/spoili]

Mentions
"too crowded."
|| Granny- @Strawberry275 ||
|| Primrose- @Wingless_angel||

Interations
"..."
|| Primrose- @Wingless_Angel ||

crown-divider-list.png

The rain had stopped. Maybe that was the only positive thing about this entire situation, at least that was what was going through Cergio's mind as he wandered down the relatively empty streets near the outskirts of downtown Gothenburg. Of course this area would have been empty, being that the actual festival was completely packed... completely crammed with the rainbattered corpses of mindless drones. Cergio liked to think of people that way, at least it made him less nervous when being surrounded by them. You could quite possiblysay that he was more relaxed down as he made his waty down the soggy streets, brown boots sloshing through puddles of city grime and gunk. His hood was still on his head though, for it was only natural for him to try and hide himself when in the open; however... It was hard to not look sketchy... especially with the small cargo in his arms.

He had moved Primrose into his jacket as a way to keep her somewhat warm, for even with the warmer weather, it was only natural that she would have been cold. She was practically frozen to the bone as it was, Cergio having kept her pressed to his chest. At least he was warm, yet carrying a soaking, bare foot child through the city did not look... okay? Cergio was not even sure how he felt about any of this, simply happy that the city was distracted by the festival, which allowed him to even get away with something like this. If he was caught, maybe he could make an excuse... say she was his daughter, but that would do little to help his case either. He was miles away from the police station as it was... all and all, this simply looked completely sketch, even if Cergio knew he was more or less trying to help the girl... Yet he could not shake the fact that maybe... just maybe he should have dropped her at the station or tried to locate her parents. He could not help but feel guilty for dragging the poor thing through the streets, even if he knew where he was taking her was going to have a warm bed... food... kindness and compassion...

Just thinking back at the hospitality of Granny was enough to have made him want to choose to bring Primrose here, for she took care of possibly anyone in her path... That, and she was probably one of the only people that Cergio actually trusted, outside of Noelani; however, he really doubted that she would have wanted the responsibility of a child in the middle of tension. Yes, Cergio knew quite a bit that had been happening in the underground, and there were quite a few rumors that were stirring from dark places... Maybe he needed to get more information on that as well...

"..."

Cergio's attention was pulled to the familiar scent of baking good just beyond the street corner. It was a scent that he always looked forward to, for it brough back the happy memories that he always shared at Granny's house. Had she expected him? Or had she simply been baking for the hell of it? Cergio mainly expected the latter of the two, for the elder woman always had an endless supply of delicious treats waiting on her clean, whiter countertops whenever he happened to show up. He doubted that she still even ate sweets...yet maybe she knew that they were the large monster's weakness, Cergio coming to a stop just in front of the white picketted fence that led through the quaint yard up to the small brick house. It felt odd how pleasant it was, standing out among old building and antique shops, but that was part of this section of downtown, just before the reaching of the suburbs. Cergio quite liked this place, for it seemed just out of reach of the corruption and danger that lurked in the inner city workings. It was a place of calm and peace... a place that would fit just right for the small bundle in his arms... if Granny would even accept her.

It was only now, standing in front of this older white gates that Cergio started to realize that he had not even thought back to the last conversation he and Granny had actually had. She had asked him to limit the amount of strays he had been bringing, being that Cergio had started to hoard the small creatures he found INSIDE of Granny's house. Cergio had understood rather quickly, but would this be a problem? He highly doubted it, being that this was not an animal, but a child..... Still, he could not help but feel guilty for even bringing her in the first place. There have been some sort of burden that this placed on the elderly woman. He would pay her back for it though, for he was already thinking of ways in his head to make this somewhat okay... to find some sort of excuse for bringing her here instead of the police station. Hopefully, Granny would understand...

It was a sort of sigh that Cergio released, gaze dropping for a moment to look at the child in his arms. Maybe it was for a bit of reassurance, to reaffirm his reasoning for coming here before he opened the small gate door. It was a loud creak it made, Cergio forgetting his strength as he accidentally ripped the handle off of the gate entrance. He stiffened as he did so, the frown on his face deepening as he released a small growl. "Fucking hell..." He immediately tensed. He was in the presence of a child... What the hell was he saying. He gave a small cough, shoving the handle piece into his pocket as he walked down the bit of cobblestone that led to the steps up to the covered porch. It was surrounded by plants of all kind, Granny having grown her garden as of late with a little help from Cergio. He had brought a few seeds he knew she did not have and now she was slowly creating a jungle on her porch... How did her landlord feel about that? Cergio did not ask really, but it almost made him crack a smile, just picturing her small form wandering all over in her slippers.

He was nervous though, eyes lifting to stare at the white door. He stayed like that for a moment, the smells of the inside wafting through the air, yet Cergio was tense, as though mentally preparing himself for the scolding he was going to receive. He had been gone a bit too long....

I guess it cannot be avoided...

His lip pursed slightly before he extended a paw sized hand, fist roughly knocking against the hard wood of the door. He had never been one for doorbells anyways.. He always broke them...

• Love
Reactions: Gladis
Elias%20Bonner_zpsvz0zdlur.jpg

[[Afternoon, Gothenburgh, Evergreen Festival]]
[[Mentions; Anna @FrostedCaramel]]
[[Interactions; Chad @Wolfsin]]

After parting with Anna earlier in the afternoon Elias had decided to take a short break before starting to look for Chad. After all, the amount of food he'd just consumed didn't exactly make exercise seem like an appealing option. Besides, he was still soaked from the rain and Chad was still going to be pissed off he had to be here and not playing games, and after his little encounter with Anna earlier Elias didn't particularly want to be around him anyway right at that moment. Still...he did hope Anna had found Adams all right and the two had made up. The day had sucked enough already without any more trouble.

With a reluctant sigh he eventually stood and again made his way through the crowds of the festival, weaving between stalls and floral displays until finally he found Chad smoking in an alcove near the edge of the festival. It wasn't exactly a surprise, and considering he'd been slacking off all day he couldn't blame him for not working either. Still, after what Anna had told him earlier about him picking a fight Elias was in no mood to be polite.

"...if you keep that up you're gonna have a hard time chasing after monsters, y'know?"

Status
Not open for further replies.