Love & Unjust Persecution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruth, despite how shy she seemed to be all of the time, was completely calm upon entering the cavern and didn't even react when cavern owner asked if Eden had settled down. She did, however, end up blushing when it was revealed she'd have to share a room with Eden. Fuck.

Ruth kept her mouth shut and followed after him, cheeks darkening at Brom's parting words and Eden's response. Ruth followed him quickly, any confidence she had fading and replaced by a need to get away from people. Once they were upstairs she relaxed considerably, instead wrapping her arms around herself and looking around. "So... Does this room have two beds...?" She asked softly, both liking and hating the idea of sharing a bed with him.

Eden looked back and laughed at her question.

"Ha... two beds... He wouldn't give us two beds for free. That's pushing it don't you think? No we have to share. Why? Does that secretly excite you?" he suddenly got close to her face as if he would kiss her.

He was smirking, which gave away the fact that he was teasing her yet again. He stopped abruptly and pushed on a door where the number was partially scrubbed off. It read 10-something. The door gave way and sure enough, there was only one bed in the room along with a chair and a desk. He took off his sack and placed it under the desk. He was tired after all the traveling they had done. Eden yawned. He desperately wanted to jump in the bed, but he supposed he better bathe at least...

"I'm going to bathe. Unfortunately we will have to share the bath. Or maybe you want to do it at the same time? We've practically done it already, except only one of us got wet," Eden said with a laugh recalling the time Ruth had dumped water on him.

Ruth knew just from the laughing that she had been too hopeful, and her cheeks flushed at the thought of sharing a bed with him. She stopped suddenly in her walking when Eden leaned in close to her face, her heart speeding up and her cheeks turning as bright a red as they could. Her eyes flickered from his down to the smirk on his lips.

When he pulled away Ruth gave a soft sigh, placing a hand over her thudding heart before slowly following Eden into the room and looking around. She listened to him begin talking whilst removing her cloak, huffing at his words. "Just go bathe, I'll go after you..." She murmured, setting her cloak down amd sitting down to remove her shoes snd socks.

Eden began taking off his clothes until he was stripped down to his briefs before going into the bathing room. He was eager for the water to hit his skin. As expected, there was water in the bath already and suddenly he was glad Arya had told him to make arrangements for this in advance. The water was steaming hot, but he endured it because it felt good on his skin. He let out a low groan of happiness before soaking in.

This wasn't better than going to a brothel, but it was a close second. His entire body ached and tomorrow he'd have to find that witch. Otherwise Aethris was going to have his neck. He rather liked living with his head attached to his body. He smiled to himself before debating whether or not he should rush himself. Of course Ruth would want some hot water... Furthermore, did he remember to shut the door?

Ruth looked away from Eden as he stripped, waiting for him to leave the room before finally looking back and glancing at the door, which was left open... Fuck. Ruth took a deep breath and tried not to be a pervert, instead opening to satchel she always had on her and digging through it, pulling out a spellbook and beginning to read.

After a moment she noticed how her eyes kept flickering towards the bathroom door, with a sigh Ruth shut the spellbook and set it down before standing up and walking over to the door, leaning in the doorway. "Do you often bathe with the door wide open, then?" She asked softly, looking anywhere except for at Eden. If he did this often then she needed to know what to expect.

"Yes, in fact I do," Eden said smugly, "You're still welcome to join me."

He was kidding for the most part. Although, he wondered what he would do if she ever took him up on his offers. He thought it best not to think about it. There was no way she would be bold enough to do something like that. He was taking note that she was trying to do everything but look at him. So, she was secretly a pervert. He didn't care. He thought it was cute. She really didn't know what to do with herself.

"It'll be easier on you if you just admit you're curious," he said not bothering to look back up at her, "Want me to stand up? I'll even do a full 360."

He laughed a little bit, but remained in the tub. It was too warm to leave yet. The water had just gone a step down from scalding hot.

Ruth bit her bottom lip in thought, actually considering joining him.... His next words snapped her out of that thought process and she huffed a little before her dark blue orbs moved to look directly at Eden. "No need to..."

Ruth pulled her shirt off, revealing the smooth skin underneath. She let the used shirt drop the the ground and removed the rest of her clothes, cheeks bright red as she walked over to the bathtub, climbing in and sitting with her legs pressed tightly together and knees pulled up to her chest. She closed her eyes and relaxed, using her magic to move some water out of the bath and let it pour over her, wetting her hair. Then Ruth opened her eyes and gave a small smirk, she could be outgoing if she wanted to. "Surprised, Eden?"

Eden snickered and closed his eyes for brief moment, enjoying the water. They shot open once he heard shuffling. He raised an eyebrow and turned around. Under normal circumstances he would not have been surprised to see a woman taking off her clothes, but given who it was, he was very much surprised. He stared the whole time and more out of disbelief than to actually look. Remembering something he sank further into tub.

"You shouldn't tease a man, y'know... especially if you're a virgin..." Eden moved closer to her eventually putting his hands on the wall behind her... trapping her in that small space.

"You just never know what could happen, or is this what you want?" He whispered hotly in Ruth's ear.

Chuckling a little, he backed off returning to his side and he began scrubbing himself clean. He wasn't really paying attention to Ruth at this exact moment. He really was focused on getting clean... for now.

Ruth back up instantly, blushing at the vanishing space between them, only to become less embarrassed and more amused by Eden's words. She squeaked a little when he whispered in her ear before beginning to focus on cleaning herself. "I'm not a virgin. I lost my virginty two years ago." Ruth stated as she used her magic to help aid in cleaning herself, humming a little as she did it.

She wasn't surprised he thiught she was a virgin, her look and shyness tended to make people think that. She was used to ot by now, and it wasn't like she went out throwing herself at men, she kept to herself and shied away from most human contact. She had her reasons for that, though.

"Oh?" was all Eden said.

He was amused by this information and he thought about inquiring further, but he'd thought better of it. Once he'd finished cleaning himself, he stepped out of the bath, not even bothering to cover himself up. Eden figured she'd seen it all at this point, so why bother? If he wasn't mistaken, he had a long day tomorrow, but at least it would mean he got to tear out some witch's throat. He was excited by the mere thought and he began to dry himself off before lazily getting into the bed. He groaned with glee.

"This bed... oooh it's been too long since I've slept on a proper bed..." Eden had slept outside since Ruth had been sleeping on his bed the night before.

He would fall asleep first he decided. Eden made room for Ruth and then he closed his eyes, but sleep was evading him. His body was tired, but his mind was not so much. He'd been in the bath, naked and alone with Ruth. Now they were going to sleep in the same bed together and he was expected to be courteous. He was beginning to wish he was real jerk. He'd have had her by now. He sighed. Things would be better tomorrow... or so he hoped.

Ruth gave a soft hum and continued cleaning herself, she couldn't help but sneak a peek when he stood up, looking away with a dark blush quickly. The witch completely ducked under the water after Eden got out, enjoy the lack of sound. She came up once the need for air was too strong and got out, using her magic to help dry herself instsntlt. Her hair dried and went back to how it usually was.

The witch tugged on a night dress and then glanced at the bed before sitting down on the free space she had been given, leaning down she dug through her satchel and pulled out a small bottle filled with a dark blue liquid. She opened the bottle and downed the liquid, cringing at the taste before relaxing and putting the bottle away.

Ruth lay down then, as close to the edge as she could in order to avoid accidentally getting too close to Eden in the night. "Good night..." She murmured softly, but didn't let her own eyes close. She had to wait for the porion to kick in before she slept... It would lower the chsnces even further.

Eden eventually found sleep after pulling Ruth close to his body. His heart beat was a nice tempo and he breathed easily. At least, he could do this much if nothing else. A part of Ruth reminded him of... well he didn't dare think of her name.

He woke up early the next morning feeling refreshed. He put on his hunting clothes like the first time Ruth had seen him. He thought he might go to the brothel to find the witch. Perhaps Ruth would not want to go to a brothel... it wasn't like Eden was going for pleasure, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to look at merchandise.

Deciding it would be better to go by himself, he went to the brothel. He wasn't surprised that people recognized him. A lot of the girls beckoned him on and it was taking most of him to focus on the task at hand. After all the tension from last night, it would be great to have some release.

"Mikaeus!" Eden yelled for the owner who appeared behind him, "I'm in the mood for a blonde today. Who do you recommend?"

"Well that depends. How adventurous are you feeling?" Mikaeus asked dryly.

Ruth's dreams started off nice, calm and relaxing. She dreamt of her old home, her family and even Eden at one point... That came to an abrupt halt, though, and a few minutes after Eden's departure she jerked awake with a yelp, looking around quickly and taking deep breaths. She hung her head once realised there was no danger and took a deep breath, closing her eyes and sighing. She needed to make a stronger potion because it seemed that one was no longer working.

She noticed that Eden had left and figured that he went to a Brothel to try and find Zianna. Good, he didn't need to be around to see her freak out, she sighed and began getting dressed.

---

Zianna had just arrived at the brothel she currently worked at when Eden arrived, she set in the corner of the room. Last night she had drained the life out of two men so she wouldn't need another for awhile, but this new arrival had caught her eyes. She recognised his aura, it was very similar to that girl Ruth had befriended yesterday and felt familiar to the one she felt walking towards them when she had been dealing with Ruth. She didn't care too much, though, he was attractive and she could do with blowing off some steam.

The witch stood up and made her way over to the owner and this new stranger. "Did I hear you say you were interested in a blonde?" Zianna spoke in a low sultry voice, looking up at Eden through long black eyelashes. She was wearing a dark red dress that showed her stomach, back and hips, it clung to her body nicely and highlighted her curves and features. She placed a hand on her hip and bit her bottom lip, letting her eyes drag down his body.

It took all of Eden to keep his jaw from dropping when he saw Zianna. She was the definition of hot. He found himself almost tongue tied. Almost. If this was the witch that Ruth had told him about, she was quite dangerous. Instead, he decided to keep his mind focused on the task at hand, but it was easier said than done. What she was wearing was not only beautiful, it clung to her nicely. Stay focused. Aethris's voice echoed inside his head.

"I am indeed. They say that blondes have all the fun," Eden said with a playful smirk, looking her up and down.

He could understand how she managed to lure men with looks like hers. She was on a different level than Ruth, not that Ruth wasn't attractive. She was cute, he'd given her that, but she wasn't... well she just wasn't Zianna. Not that Eden wanted a woman like Zianna anyway. He'd always had bad luck with blondes anyhow.

"How's about we take this upstairs?" Eden suggested lightly.

The thought of being alone set his nerves on edge. His blades were hungry for the taste of witch blood. He almost felt bad thinking that he'd have cut Ruth's throat if he hadn't remade his contract with Aethris. It was strange.

Zianna inwardly smirked and congratulated herself on having caught this man's attention, she had him in the bag already. She smirked as she watched him look her over and nodded when he suggested that they take it upstairs. Zianna nodded, turned on her heel and began walking, gesturing for Eden to follow her as she went, hips swaying.

She led him upstairs and into a room, smiling as she sat down on the bed in there and gestured for him to come closer with a crook of her finger.

The hunger to kill inside of Eden grew. He smiled, revealing a sinister set of teeth that were now pointed. The demon inside him had reared its ugly head. He'd been waiting so long for this moment... now it was finally here. Aethris was going to enjoy tearing out her throat and consuming that precious little soul of hers. Eden became cloaked in a black mist, his eyes glowing a bright red. There was no more humanity left within him. Aethris had fully taken over his body and he planned to enjoy every moment of this.

"I'm sorry..." Aethris's voice was deep and distorted. He sounded demented even, "Eden's already checked out, but I think you and I... could have a little fun."

A long tongue reached out and he licked his lips. He drew his blade, dark magics seeping from it. The taint alone was enough to make anyone's skin crawl. It was wretched. This was the kind of demon who saw pleasure in killing, who showed no mercy. This was his thrill. Aethris inched closer, wanting Zianna to fight him, anything. He wanted to share this pain with her.

"You can hit me first. I promise it'll be better for us both that way," he smiled crookedly at her.

It was evident, his soul was the kind you didn't want in your body or anywhere near you.

Zianna had known something was off about this man, and her lips formed a more sadistic grin as he changed. She felt no fear, something she had gained from a pact of her own, instead she stood up slowly. "If you say so..." Her arm thrust forward and she let out a growl of a foreign word, the reaction was instant as blue flames poured out of her hand and onto the floor, strangly not burning anything. It wouldn't burn anything unless she wanted it to and right now the only thing she wanted to burn was the man in her room, and for once Zianna was proud she had put the effort to learn at least one strong spell.

The blue flames formed together and formed a large serpent, made entirely of fire. It hissed, eyes (which were two balls of white flames) locked onto Aethris.

---

Ruth had been in a meditative state when a sudden strong current of magic washed over her, she i haled out of surprise and her eyes oened, looking around the room she had left. She could feel something distinctly darker as well, and she figured that must be Eden. The female stood up and quickly left the room, and then the tavern in general, following the direction where this magic was coming from.

"Why is it always fire with you mortals?" Aethris asked with a bored look in his eyes, "I'm a demon. We're made from the fires of HELL!"

Aethris let the flames burn Eden's body. He would recover from that. Besides, it was punishment from not killing the other witch anyway. He shook his head.

"What a shame... I guess that makes it... my turn," ice dripped from every word Aethris spoke, "His hatred fuels me. Each time you hurt him, I get stronger. His hatred is much stronger than you can imagine."

It was clear Aethris was drunk off the power he was getting from Eden's body. He was laughing a distorted laugh. His demonic image flashed back and forth between Eden. A creature that was so vile lurked within him. It was unfit for mortal eyes. It's mouth had several pointed teeth, there were no pupils in his eyes, and worst of all, it looked like it enjoyed this pain. It enjoyed Eden's pain, his pain, and he was about to enjoy this witch's pain.

"Let's die in this wretched world together..." Aethris hissed.

The entire room went black. Only his eyes were visible and then the air began to become scarcer. All the oxygen was suddenly disappearing to replaced by a stinging sensation of corruption. This thing wasn't just dangerous to witches, it was dangerous to the world. If this thing got out... it wouldn't stop until it killed everything... This human had been so adamant to kill that he was willing to kill himself to eradicate just one witch.

Then he felt it, the presence of another. Ruth? The darkness began to dissipate. A dark shadowy hand gripped Zianna tightly before disappearing, leaving a black goop of taint in its wake. Eventually, that too disappeared. Finally, all that was left was Eden, before his body sank deep into the shadows, pulled down by bony hands. All that remained was Zianna.

Zianna was angered by her spell not working, and she made it vanish with a wave of her hand before the creature began his own attack. Zianna had never felt fear before, but she was sure that icy cold feeling gripping at her chest. Her eyes widened as everything went black and she tried to hold her breath because breathing hurt.

Then everything changed, Zianna watched as that demon vanished leaving behind Eden who was dragged into the ground and shortly after the door flew open and Ruth walked in, looking around with wide eyes.

Ruth had felt magic so dark it rattled her, but right now she didn't care. She needed to know where Eden was, needed to know he was okay. Her eyes darted to Zianna and she growled, thrusting an arm forward, the air rippled and Zianna was sent flying backwards into the wall with a crack. "Where is he!?"

The witch gave a whimper and Ruth growled, this moron was frozen she wasn't going to get anything out of her. She turned and left quickly, leaving the Brothel and making her way towards the tavern, maybe she could wait there for awhile and he would show up? She hoped so, because there really wasn't anything else she could do.

Eden had ended up alone in the dark somehow or so he thought. The air around him had become tight and he was struggling to breathe. He could feel anger and irritation rippling through him. He was not feeling quite himself. His lungs felt like they were on fire and he remained plastered on the ground like a useless body. Soon, those sensations stopped and there was a singular light coming from a fire, dimly lighting up the room. He was surrounded by corpses and he was even lying face down in a few them. He sprang up, his body suddenly filling with energy from the sudden urge to get away from all the dead.

"Do you know how many witches I've killed Eden?" It was Aethris's voice and he sounded like was ready to kill, "Do you know how long I waited to kill something... anything?"

There was a loud bang that rang in the air, causing Eden to jump at the sound. He couldn't see Aethris anywhere even after doing a full three sixty. He was willing to bit he'd breached their contract for the last time, but Aethris, was not going to release the human so easily. No, he would simply strengthen the bond between them. He would make it impossible for Eden to breach their agreement again. For Aethris, had grown attached to the human who was full of so much hate.

Eden tried to speak, but his throat was to dry and sore.

"We're going to kill Eden, human or witch. It no longer matters, but you agreed that if I gave you power, you would eradicate every witch you could get your hands on. Was that not our agreement?" Aethris scowled at him and breathed in deeply, "The next time you stop me, there will be no control for you... there will be no stopping the hatred. It will consume you and we will become the nightmare of every living thing's dreams."

Eden was surrounded in darkness again and then he was thrust violently upwards like a rag doll. He gasped for breath as he reentered the realm of the living, ending up on the floor of his room in the tavern. He coughed, his body covered in the blood from the corpses he had landed on top of. In a few words, the witch hunter had seen better days.

Status
Not open for further replies.