Love Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scowling with a shake of her head, taking her eyes off of the paper to see him texting she gave a soft sigh and looks back down at the page "No... Just... Nothing." placing the sketch pad aside, just faint lines of nothing to be made out, she curls into the arm of the couch "Work?" she asks watching him put the phone away. Propping her elbow up onto the arm of the chair her cheek pressed into the palm of her hand, her pencil flipping between her fingers on her other hand, "I'm not good anymore. Haven't done it in years."

She thought back to the last time she drew anything, must have been a month after they broke up. What was it? Probably one of him, but her memory was foggy, or maybe something abstract? Giving a shake of her head she couldn't bring the drawing to thought. "What do you like to draw now a days?" she ask flicking the pencil at him, not in a rude manner but for him to catch and possibly draw something himself, there was an open pad on the coffee table in front of him.

"But now I have stopped your creative flow and I feel awful about it." He honestly tells her, jumping at the sight of a pencil flying in his direction. The tingles travel up to his shoulders and span across his chest within a blink of an eye. The next thing he knows, there is a pencil gripped in a tight fist. "Well, guess I still have my reflexes." He chuckles but perhaps Nancy remembers back when they first met and Brendan was very uncoordinated. Maybe it was just the fact that when he was around her, he lived in a daze, always bumping into things and not even bothering to catch something. As they dated, he became more comfortable with her and soon could free himself from those chains.

Patting his phone, he smiles up to Nancy, shaking his head from left to right. Another finger comb through his hair and he answers her, "It's not work - just Tim wanting to get together tonight but I'll be here," he reaches over to press his fingers to the blank page of the notebook. Scraping them in his direction, he slowly moves the pad close enough so that he may pluck it off of the table. The spiraled book easily finds its way to his lap and he immediately places his pencil down and starts to scribble. Glancing up at her often, the picture soon comes to life of none other than Nancy sitting in the chair with her head in her palm. As he sketches, he answers her question, "What do I like to draw?" comes his slow response, being careful not to smudge the graphite with the side of his palm.

"That's a really good question. I haven't really been drawing much - as in freestyle drawing - but I normally just work on the projects that my clients want. I can make a logo, title, article format, 3-D modeling..." Glancing to her again, he is quick to wink, "All that boring stuff. They come to me with an idea and I make it possible. That's part of the reason I pursued the Graphic Design field. I feel that if I like it or not, I can make people's dreams become a reality. There are plenty of people who want to start a business and need a logo or icon or whatever the problem may be. Hiring my company, they can finally start up their business properly."

Giving a slight nod as he answered her question she glances out the window, watching a few giggling children run down the side walk. "You didn't disrupt anything, I had nothing to draw. I can't see why you can't accept that I don't, or can't, draw anymore." she mumbles looking at him out of the corner of her eye noticing him glancing up at her as he was drawing. "Don't." she whines softly with a smile and holds a hand over over her face. "Draw something else! You know I don't like being drawn or even getting my picture taken."

After a moment of shielding her face from him she peeks through her nimble fingers and spies on him, "Are you done?" asking as her hand slowly withdrew from her face to rest into her lap, slipping out of her chair she steps towards Brendan to peek over the back of sketch pad, "What did you draw instead?" her index finger pushing the paper down to get a better look.

Brendan grins, not needing Nancy to pose in order for him to finish up. He quickly refines the sketch he started, flipping the page once she complains. "Alright, alright, I won't draw you." Twisting his lips up in a sly smile, he pretends to draw something else. "I could say something cruel like: I won't start to draw again until you do but I don't wish to force your hand." Straightening himself up in the chair, his back now resting on the arm instead of his neck. "What to draw..." Comes his small muttering to himself, coming to chew on the eraser slightly as he thinks. "Drawing .. drawing." Soon he starts to sketch something else, blinking at the image and quickly ripping the paper off of the spiral, crumpling it up and shoving it in his pocket awkwardly.

Quickly making it look like he has flipped the page again, he goes back to his previous picture of Nancy. Grinning, he closes his eyes and pictures her sitting in the chair as she was and he starts to draw once more. Then he pauses as if another thought has disrupted him. Closing his eyes, he takes in a long breath before rubbing his side and rearranging himself in the chair once again. "Am I done?" Seeing her starting to round the table and he quickly collapses the pages to his chest, not wanting her to see. "I drew... " Comes his muttering, waving his hand to shoo her away. "I drew..." He starts again, bringing the pad above his head and pulling it away if she tries and reach for it. "You can't see!" he taunts her.

Pouting she crawls over him on the chair, reaching as hard as she could for the sketch pad "Give it to me!" she whines as her torso stretches over his head.Sighing, her arms being so much shorter than his, she couldn't reach it. Sitting back on his lap staring at him with her lips twisted to the side, her eyes caught something sticking out of his pocket, with a smirk she leans in close so their faces were a mere inch apart "Please?" she begs softly, a hand creeping down to his pocket, "I want to see it." she murmurs moving her lips closer to his own, the thought of actually kissing him tickled her mind only to pull away and off of his lap.

Jumping over the coffee table she held the piece of paper in her hand, her fingers unfolding it as she kept her eyes on him if he were to make a move. If he did make a move she'd run for it up the stairs, "Lets see what's on here shall we, hm?" Upon unfolding the crumpled up piece of paper she looks it over to see what he drew with an arched 'brow.

Stretching his body backwards, Brendan is sure that she can't see the picture of her that he is finishing up. As soon as he feels her weight come across him, he shifts this way and that, making it hard for her to grab the sketchpad from his grasp. "Oh come on, you can grab it." He playfully taunts her, knowing that he has the upper hand. Keeping his arms dangled over the side of the chair, he smirks once she admits defeat, thinking he has won. "You want to see it? Well, well, you'll have to--"

But at that moment she utters the word please, her heat radiating off of her face towards him. Feeling powerless, he feels his grip on the sketchpad lessen, his entire core wanting to just drop it and cup her face within his hands. The result would be him kissing her, feeling those tender lips on his once more. Everything would be as it should be. His eyelids grow heavy, feeling her energy so close and he even tilts his head to the side, giving her his own unique smile. Before he could lean in closer and kiss her, he feels her hand snatch the crumpled up picture from his pocket with her nimble fingers.

All of a sudden, she bounds away from him and his heart jumps to what she will see in the picture. The heat from her fades and he quickly snaps out of his daze, quickly bounding up from the chair and attempting to grab the paper from her hands. Seeing her legs run away from him, he tosses the notebook on the table, Nancy's portrait face up, and hears the pencil clang on the tabletop. By now he is racing to the steps, trying to cut her off. "No, Nancy, don't!" He pleads with her, a worried expression to his face.

If she should open up the picture in time to take a good glance she would see a shrouded figure standing off to the left corner of the page. Under the buzzing glow of a lamplight, he holds up a pistol and is pointing it at a walking man on the other side of the deserted road. Being in sketch form, the man is roughly drawn and not even a face has been added but he has a trench coat on that cocoons his entire body as well as a white hat on. It's obvious that this is a scene in the city, the start of a bullet being fired from the gun is evident on the page. The trail that the bullet leaves behind spells out "Influence" - leaving a bare skeleton of the target on the other side of the undrawn street. There is only the sidewalk and circles to indicate where Brendan would have started to draw the targeted man.

Before too long, Brendan tries and grab Nancy by the arm or waist and cautiously shove her against the wall opposite the banister. If he succeeds in catching her, he pins her there, "Thought you could get away with it, huh?" He growls, not in an angry voice but one that is rather playful, his eyes telling her just that. If he succeeds then he will pluck the picture from her hand. If not, he will chase her wherever she goes, trying to snatch the picture from her grasp.

Dashing out of the room and up the stairs, making it half way up the stairs only to be stopped. Letting out a loud gasp and a giggle as he pressed her into the wall but she enjoyed it, liking how close he was to her and finding it intimate with how he held her to the wall. She didn't get a chance to look at the drawing but she kept it tight into her hand, but made sure that she didn't crumple it further. With another giggle at his bad guy routine she decides to go along with it, "Oh please! I'll do whatever you want! Just don't hurt me!" doing a soft damsel in distress voice and over acting every word, her lower lip pokes out into a cute pout.

Leaning her head forward she speaks, "Do you see my pout? Is it pouty enough for you to let me go?" she juts it out more, just making her look more ridiculous. Batting her eye lashes at him she knew it wasn't going to work, that face never worked on him, even when they were dating he would just laugh at her. After a moment she gives an exaggerated sigh and slumps back into the wall. "Fine... Do with me what you will, but I won't let it go." if he wanted it could probably snatch it from her, he was a lot stronger now, even though he was always stronger than her, she could tell that by the way he easily swept her to the wall that his strength increased.

With the force he knocks Nancy to the wall, a picture hanging there starts to sway and he easily releases the non-important hand to steady the frame. A childish grin comes across his face, thinking of the trouble he would be in if that picture fell of Grandma Leo. Hearing her speak Brendan over-widens his eyes and tilts his head down a little, looking at Nancy. "Oh you will do -anything-?" Comes his sardonic smile, his arms coming down from her wrists as he leans his weight comfortably on her. Crossing his forearms over her biceps, he still knows he has control over her. Within the new few moments, he takes his time running his fingers along her face but when she starts to pout he cannot help but just lift his head up and chuckle! Things were just like old times in his mind, her over exaggerating her features in order to try and seek some sort of deal. "Nancy, dear, you know that doesn't work."

Caressing his fingers through her hair, Brendan is still amazed how smooth her locks are to his touch. Brendan has to use all these shampoos and conditioners to achieve the silky texture but he always admired Nancy for her natural beauty. Never being a big fan of makeup, he feels that she doesn't need it in order to enhance her features. All she needs is the right color to emphasize her eyes and she will be his. Foiling to her like paper with fire. Forgetting about the paper, Brendan slowly lowers his hands. Just when she thinks she won, he swiftly plucks the paper from her grasp and crumples it in his own. "You won't let go?" He mocks her with the same attitude as before, the small smile flashing on the sides of his lips. "Well, that was -easy-." The gray gaze moves to the crumpled paper in his hands, "And now what to do with you..."

Leaning in closer, he presses his forehead to hers. Of course, right at that very moment, he hears movement come from Grandma Leo's room and pulls his head away from Nancy, glancing up the steps. His weight is still against her, fingers linked into her hair. Regretting not kissing her sooner, he lowers his hands. "You're lucky -this- time." He mouths to her, hearing the door of her grandmothers room swing open with a rattling creak. Jumping down to the landing, he looks over his shoulder at her and waves the crumpled up ball in his fist up in the air. A sign of victory!

Biting her lip as his hands and fingers trailed over her body, goosebumps covering her skin as her body shivered at his touch. "Y-You can't blame a girl for trying..." she manages out as a pink hue stains her cheek, her face gently nuzzles into his fingers as they go over her face. Missing his touch all of these years, but when his placed his weight onto her her body heat rose and her chest heaved against his as she attempts to control herself. He was fueling the fire that she had kept in low embers and how it was roaring. Blue hues closing as she leaned into his hand, her mind spinning how his touch felt, they were loving but firm, and soft but tender.

Letting her guard down her fingers loosened at the paper between her fingers, at the sudden jerk of the paper from her hand she gave a soft gasp, eyes shot open to look into his gray hues, "Hey! I was-" she stops as he continued, 'And now what to do with you...' it rang in her head as thought after thought bounced off the inside of her skull, she sucks her lip back into her mouth as she nibbled it softly. Her head tilts against his to inch her lips closer to his, wanting to kiss him for than anything now.

A loud whine escaping her lips as he pulled away and jumped down the stairs, a hard scowling fixed onto her face as she stared down at him. Just in time for her grandmother to enter the seen.

With a yawn Grandma Leo steps over to the top of the stairs, once her vision was focused on the two her eyes dart between the both of them. "What's going on?" she asked seeing Nancy still leaning into the wall.

A heavy sigh left Nancy's lips as she looks up at her grandma, the scowl still attached to her expression, "I'm being tortured. That's what's up."

Shrugging her shoulders she made her way down the stairs past Nancy and Brendan, fingers combing through her hair to fix her bed head. "Well if he does it again us protection." she snickers walking over to a small table by the door, plucking up her car keys and her purse her fingers wrap around the door knob. "I'm heading out to the store. You two have fun."

The loud banging sound of his conversed feet hitting the ground can be hear echoing through the house. Brendan spins around with the paper in his hand before seeing Grandma Leo gripping onto the handrail, making her way down the steps. The specific rhythmic pattern clomps down the creaky steps. Still feeling the warmth of her body, sending shivers down his spine as he locks onto those striking eyes of hers. Feeling his heart literally rattle around in his ribcage, the hairs sticking up on his arms, he knows as much as she does that he wants to kiss her. Tightening his grip on the paper, the weight from his tired arm comes to his side.

"Oh come on, can't you ladies deal with a bit of fun?" Trying to act like the bad guy, he grins in a mischievous manner, showing his white teeth in a large Cheshire cat sort of smile. "You know you deserve a bit of torture after stealing my--" Hearing Grandma Leo utters something about protection, Brendan's mouth gapes open. Feeling the bubbling embarrassment climb up to his head, he knows he is flushing. "Uh... heh heh." Comes his amble muttering. Not being able to help himself from grinning even more, he bows his head down to try and cover up the fact. After all that, Grandma Leo would have, most likely, encouraged the kiss between them.

"Safe driving!" Brendan calls to her from the door once she slips out. Taking a moment to scan the surrounding neighborhood, he can't help but smile at the few children still playing on the sidewalks. Not seeing anything out of the ordinary, Brendan then calls, "Hey kids!" He calls in a cautious tone, waving to make sure they see him, "Grandma Leo is going to be backing out of the driveway! Be sure to get out of her way so ... uh," His voice vanishes, not wanting to say 'so she doesn't kill you', "Uh, just stay clear of the driveway!" Knowing that they will be listening to his advice, Brendan shuts the door, giving it a good shove with his shoulder, never forgetting the quirks of this house.

Once the door closes, Brendan moves to the bannister, leaning right on it with his right arm. "I don't think we're finished here..." Comes his smooth voice rippling to her. His adoring eyes locking onto hers once more. Slowly he makes his way up the steps to where she is, not even bothering to listen to any response she may have. Slipping his arms around her ribs, he tilts his head right the right amount and settles a chilled kiss right onto her lips. If she reacts positively, as he is sure she will, he lets his lips thaw out. Being able to mimic and adapt to his partners lips and ways, he soon finds himself in what seems to be a floating state of nirvana.

She couldn't help but laugh as the statement about protection, not that the thought of having sex with Brendan was funny but that her grandma had the courage to tell them to. Her laugh came to abrupt stop as he ascended the stairs and rolls her eyes, "Okay, big bad guy is going to get me." she mocks but was taken back when his arms locked around her, her hands resting onto his biceps gently squeezing a the new formed muscle. She couldn't help but think that she did find him more attractive with his new fit body, not that he wasn't before, it just added to what she liked about him physically.

A shiver ran up her spine as he kissed her, inhaling sharply her chest raised against his and her fingers gripped at his biceps. As her eyes fluttered close her lips moved against his in a deep kiss, having missed and loved the way his lips felt against hers. Quickly her hands jumped to his grab around his neck and jaw pulling him closer to her, her lips crashing against his as that spark inside of her lit up once more. She couldn't have enough of him, her mind already fogging over with any previous thoughts she had or feelings about the past between them.

Perhaps it is her laugh, the sweet little trill, that gave him the courage to walk up those few steps. The whole time he wonders how she will react but more importantly how her lips will feel. Has she kissed other men since his departure? Will she be familiar with him? Their lips knowing one another from before. The ache and sleepless nights have not been forgotten. Brendan, lots of times after being with other women, would not be able to sleep himself. Lying in bed, he would think of Nancy and their nights spent together curled up underneath the safe blankets. Remembering their first time together, he only thinks of how right it did feel and how he held her afterwards. Much like now, he tightens his grip with his right arm around her, losing control.

As soon as she starts to fight back, he too becomes energized by her versatile ways. Leaning his left arm against the wall, he holds her gently and keeps hie eyes shut. Once her spark is lit, he finds himself collapsing into her, not wishing for the moment to end. Doing all in his power to pleasure her, he makes sure to taste any lipstick she may have on, having their lips come together and mingle. Quickly the heat within his body rises, his skin feeling hotter as his breath soon grows to short gasps between their lips smacking. Her arms around his neck, their bodies flush together, Brendan can't think of a better place to be right now. Surrounding her comfortably, he can't help but let out a low growl, only pulling his lips from her to splash hot breath over her face. She might even be able to feel his rampaging heartbeat, their chests touching.

Her nails dragged down his neck softly as he growled, something she enjoyed him doing, her head leaning forward as he pulled away. A sound whine broke from her lips wanting his lips back where they once were, "Why did you stop?" her eyes ran over his face trying to read his expression, worry forming on hers. Did he think it was a mistake? Did he not like how she kissed anymore? Or did was he not fond of her? All of these questions and more ran through her head, hands slowly falling down his shoulders and then to his chest. Her right hand could feel his heart pounding through his shirt, her thumb gently stroking at the fabric.

"Brendan?" she asks looking down at her hand over his heart and then back up at him, "I missed you... A lot. Haven't been with anyone since..." clearing her throat she continued, "That night, our last night together." she mumbled out softly under her breath, talking about the last time they shared a bed together before the break up. Her eyes looked back down at her hand and moved it away as a weight pulled on her chest know his heart didn't belong to her anymore. "Did I make you happy?" she asks knowing the answer but she wanted reassurance that she did, she hoped she still could in some form.

Taking a long moment to gain a steady stream of breath back into his lungs, his eyes move up to hers. Keeping the arm around her, he rubs her back gently with his fingers, feeling the fabric curl and crumple at his touch. A new expression would come over his face, something that Nancy would have trouble reading. Normally she could decipher him but for this quick second, he is unknown to her. Within the next blink of an eye, Brendan speaks, the expression changing to a soft smile. "I stopped because I wanted to give myself a moment to catch my breath." He huffs out, the final gasps steadying him to a normal rate of breath. Opening his mouth to speak more, Nancy beats him to it, her words softly caressing his ears.

"You have been the loyal one, Nancy." He regrettably informs her, his gaze moving to her hand on his chest. She may not believe him but that beating organ still belongs to her as much as it did the following months after they started dating. It took Brendan a while to realize what he truly had, taking a while to say "I love you" because he wanted to really feel the connection. "Oh Nancy.." He breathes, smelling the hint of lemon on her breath and a sour taste to his lips. "I have missed you. Sleepless nights, dreary dream days. I used to..." Starting off, he laughs at himself on how stupid it will sound. "I used to fall asleep with the phone on my chest, meaning to call you but not having the courage to hear your voice. I wanted to give you time to recover and move on." His lips twist downwards, his eyes loosening. "I'm so sorry."

Whispering his apologies, he hears her ask him if she had made him happy. "You made me the god to walk this earth. Being alive means being with you Nancy. But do you really want to be in my life?" The seriousness of his question comes to light, his face unwavering in his dominating expression. Those gray eyes pierce her, wanting to know if she truly wants him. "I love you Nancy." Sings his heart through his mouth. "And I have been beating myself up about it for too long." Again, without any warning, he leans in close and kisses her, his hand coming to keep hers softly over his heart. The sensations of her creamy skin only make him let off a throaty chuckle as he hopes she will kiss him back once more.

Upon hearing his loving words her arms looped around his neck practically shoving his lips into hers. Keeping her lips there for a deep, lingering kiss, slowly pulling her lips from his own she looks up into those gray hues of his and smiles. "I love you. I always have, and I won't stop." A hand gently combed through his dark locks, "I think back on those years and wish that I went with you, just held my thoughts on your work and left with you."

Her eyes lingered on his lips for a moment before looking back up into his eyes, her hand moving down to softly trace his bottom lip with the pad of her index finger, "I do. I don't care what may happen with work or what have you, I just want to be with you." moving her finger out of the way she places a soft kiss to his lips, "Always. No matter what." her words breathy as she mumbles them into his lips as her hand slid down to his chest, her fingers curling against the fabric of his shirt wanting him as close as possible. Any closer and they'd be one person, but she couldn't have enough, everything about him was intoxicating to her.

Keeping his face close to her as she speaks, Brendan can't help but beam. "It's such a relief to know that you still love me and now know that I return all your feelings until the day I pass from this world to the next." Closing his eyes, he feels her fingers easily slide through his hair, leaving a trail of warmth across his skull. That feeling alone makes his heart jump and his breath groan. Leaning down, he kisses from her collarbone to the edge of her jaw. The taste of her scented skin drives him up a wall, the kisses deepening as he reaches her jaw into slow kisses. He finally knows that he doesn't have to hold back because she loves him right back. Running his cheek against hers, he whispers into her ear. "As you said to me before, it's all in the past. Let's forget about what happened, having to leave one another, and just focus on the loving time we had together."

Knowing that she wants to just be with him, that's enough to keep her content as well as him. In the back of his mind, he fears to know where this might go for he lives and breathes his job. Having her back in his life could be disastrous or worse, hurt her all over again. Her finger against his lips causes him not to speak but he can speak with those gray orbs. He tells her how happy he is to finally have kissed her and the hopes of starting their life together once again. Feeling her lips on his, he can't help but push her right up against the wall. She may have meant it to be a soft kiss but he soon unlocks her lips with his, loving the lemony taste of her breath from the lemonade he gave her earlier. His, on the other hand, would be minty, the taste of spearmint from toothpaste. His hands come up, rubbing against her arms to cup her face, gently messaging the roots of her hair.

A thought occurs to him at this time of his business in the city. Try as he might to live in the moment, he can't help but wonder what might happen if he brings Nancy to his home. She did say before that she has to stay here and take care of Grandma Leo. Would her grandmother be able to live all alone once more?

Smiling against his lips as her lips moved against his own, she couldn't help but giggle from now happy she was. His arms around her, his body against hers, his velvety lips caressing her own; it was perfect. Pulling away to catch her breath, her heart was pounding into his chest as her own heaved in excitement. Gently resting her forehead into his she let out another soft giggle as her hands moved to cup his cheeks, her thumbs rubbing against his facial hair. As her eyes caught his gray hues she could tell something was wrong, gently straightening his face up to her own.

"What is it, Brendan?" concern filled eyes as a thumb caressed over the apple of his cheek "Was it something I did?" she became a bit worried, a small frown pulling at the corners of her lips, her hands slowly falling from his face to rest upon his shoulders. "I did mean it when I said that I do want to be in your life..." she was starting to wonder if he was deciding against asking her that question and was having second thoughts. Her heart started to fall back into his darkened state.

Brendan has never felt his heart beat as strongly as it does when hers is right there to echo him. She is truly who he is meant to be with but how will he tell her? How will he keep her safe? Frowning when she does, he shakes his head as her avalanche of blame upon herself. Something that will always annoy him is that Nancy is always blaming herself for anything that happens. Constantly having to apologize for things that she has never even been close to being in the wrong for. Chuckling, Brendan's face immediately lightens up when she confirms what she has said prior to his grumpy thoughts. "No, no, that's not it my love." He assures her over and over again, wishing for her not to blame herself. "I love you so very much but ... what about your Grandmother?" His head tilts to the side again as he thinks upon it as well.

"Grandma Leo, you said it yourself yesterday, needs you here." Keeping his fingers on her cheeks, he can't help but lean in and kiss her nose. "Or was that just another excuse out of thin air to have you not go to the art exhibition with me?" A single brow of his rises, knowing full well that she has made up plans to not go to things that she isn't in the mood for or just plainly doesn't wish to see. "You have done nothing wrong, Nancy. I'm delighted, even more than delighted that you want me. I'm floating on a cloud knowing that you'll be there for me." Swallowing, he wonders if he will be there in return for her. Will this just end up the same way as last time? No, she wouldn't allow it. He wouldn't allow it. But how much control does he really have? "I want you to be in my life and I want to be in yours more than anything in this world," The grin appears again, his eyes closing as he rests his forehead to hers once more, "Do I have to prove it to you?"

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Her body slumps back into the wall, even under his weight, "Oh..." she couldn't believe she let her grandmother slip her mind, she is one of the most important things in her life and she left it slip her mind. With a sigh she looks up the stairs, taking her lip between her teeth as she nibbled on the soft flesh in thought. Looking back to him with a shake of her head, "No, you don't have to prove it to me." she said softly "I just..." her grandma didn't need her, she needed her grandma. She didn't have her old apartment anymore and her grandmother was supporting her, not financially but with any struggles she had been going through.

"I lied.." her words squeaking out admitting she lied to him, though she would miss her guardian she would be fine without her, her grandma was perfectly fine without her when she went to college. Looking down ashamed at her truth to him, she didn't want to see the look of disapproval in his eyes. "I need her more than she needs me." whispering as if not wanting to hear her own words. Then a thought came to mind, if she were to be with him, would she be in the way? Unemployed, would that make things hard for him? What about his image for the media? "What about your fans? What would they think?"

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

Seeing her foil under his weight, he brings himself off of her, resting his hands against the wall on either side of her shoulders. "Well, needing to prove it to you would have been very fun but ..." Seeing her gaze turn sad, he tries and think of ways he can cheer her up. This time, he hopes, he won't upset her or cause her to run from him. Well, at least he has her cornered and can easily grab a hold of her before she tries and slip away. "You love your grandmother very much, I even love her as a grandmother. Remember I used to call her with all of -my- problems too because my parents are constantly unavailable due to traveling. Hey..." He whispers softly, returning his hand to her cheek, "At least we're thinking of it now and not Monday morning." Making a soft 'hm', he strokes her cheek with his thumb.

Upon hearing her lie, his fingers stop their movement and fall to her collarbone. Aimlessly dragging his fingers over the collar of her shirt, he speaks and tries not to let her see his disappointment. "Ah." Whispers the breath from his lungs, the pieces coming together. Why did she make up some lie rather than just saying simply she didn't want to join him. Is she scared of him and the anger that was uncontrollable once. He would never, ever, hit her but his voice would rise and items around him would be broken in a fuzzy state of rage. "If you want to stay with your grandmother then that's your choice. I don't want to force you into an uncomfortable situation that will only make you upset."

Shaking his head, he removes the hair from his forehead. Removing his hands from her, Brendan takes a step back from Nancy. Knowing she will react negatively, he holds out his hand from hers, "Come, let's sit and talk, hm? Wouldn't that be better than me pinning you against the wall of the stairs? I can't imagine it being comfortable." Once she chooses to either take his hand or follow behind him, he makes his way to the landing and right into the living room. "My fans can live - they'll have to deal with it. I don't know what they may say but tabloids always find ways of twisting the story. My only fear is that you won't be able to handle the stresses of the occasional paparazzi. You can go a day without so much as a single photograph or a week with ten thousand ones. To be honest, you rarely have a private life anymore since everything is portrayed in the media. You so much as sneeze and USA Today is printing that you have the deadly swine flu."

Status
Not open for further replies.