Lost Hope: Return of Dragon's Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NorwayFOO

I can make another character if necessary - or would you rather have another player? (This is assuming a worst-case).

Multiple characters is aloud so it's up to you. Personally I like having fewer players and more characters.

I'll get working on that, then - should be up tonight.

Reactions: Warenai hana
Bornaeli Lodiore

Height: 2.0m (6'2")

Weight: 90kg (200lbs)

Appearance: It has been said, if ever such creatures existed, that Bornaeli's mother must have taken an ogre for a lover at one point in time or another. Large and well-muscled, Bornaeli's size and stature differ from that of the rest of his siblings (who are predominantly narrow and lithe). A square jaw and prickly brown-blonde stubble dominate his face more often than not, his brown eyes as equally brutish as his cheeks. From his broad shoulders sprout two powerful arms easily capable of wrestling a man from his horse. His gnarled and calloused hands are larger than most men's faces, the fingers stout and vice-like. Seldom clad in his inherited plate mail and chain, Bornaeli can be see clad in tunics and trousers adorned by a belted sword or two.

Personality: Being born to a knightly family, Bornaeli was raised on the notion that he was the upright and flawless defender of the less powerful. Condescending to those he deems less fortunate, capable, or of lower status than himself, the large knight makes a pretty picture in the court of any lordling, knightly order, or naive peasant but often insults others with a modicum of dignity or intelligence. Still, he is well mannered and polished (something he owes to his mother), and will often be remembered more often for his sense of duty and place than for his condescending tendencies.

Background: Bornaeli's family was one of the several minor noble lines in service to some greater lord or lady due to some debt of honor or another. The family lineage blurred by years of assassination, misdirection, and cloak-and-dagger family politics, the Lodiore house is the shadow of a great house in the making. The fourth child of five, Bornaeli was raised from an early age to be a charming young nobleman in court by his mother, a warrior by his father. In many ways, Bornaeli received more attention than his elder brother due to the conflicted upbringing from both sides of his family, though in truth he was given half of the mind of one parent and half the mind of another at the best of times.

As he aged, Bornaeli's education became less and less about lords and ladies as more time was diverted into learning the universal negotiator: skill at arms. With little hope to ascend to his elder brother's position as heir to the household (particularly after becoming an uncle to four strong boys), Bornaeli began to devote his time into fighting and the craft of war. Renouncing his official family ties in all but name, Bornaeli joined the Brotherhood of Blades, a well-respected unit of warriors-for-hire, enlisted to various houses across the lands both as a fighting force and as a means of reducing the likelihood of a house war (with so many names tied into their contracts, few would dare the potential for betrayal).

Now well-vested in the traditions and ways of his brotherhood, Bornaeli believed his position in life set. Trained under several masters of martial techniques and honed over the years to be a living weapon, he believed the road had reached an even plane. Now invited by the queen's grace, perhaps something new will come.

Skills:
- Adaptable; though while armor can restrict his mobility, Bornaeli's reflexes are sharp and his mind quick to act
- Well-versed; trained to blend into the court life, Bornaeli's knowledge of the various lords and ladies, while not as potent or all-reaching as a courtier's might be, is something to consider
- Warrior of the Brotherhood; as a member of the Brotherhood of Blades, Bornaeli's skills extend to most bladed weapons, a master of none, user of all

Flaws:
- Noble blood; a born nobleman at heart, Bornaeli finds it difficult to connect with anyone of lower stature and often views them as individuals in need of his aid
- Sense of duty; though devoted to various moral causes, Bornaeli's own sense of duty extends well beyond his reach, often staying his hand and confining him to his personal honor
- Disowned; his choice to abandon his family has left Bornaeli disowned from and titles and lands he would have inherited, leaving him an outcast in court and upon the battlefield, as outside of his order he has no set social caste

• Love
Reactions: Bitterblue
We have seven characters created and are currently waiting on @WitchChild (assuming you're still interested. I know you're going through a hard time) and @Robin man. I'm not sure if @CynderTheDragoness is still interested because they didn't respond.

Either way, since we are only waiting on two, maybe three people, I want to know if you guys would like me to start the RP so everyone can get their initial posts in or if I should wait until all characters are in.

Sometimes I don't get notifications.

• Thank You
Reactions: Warenai hana
Sometimes I don't get notifications.
This happens to me too, even if I make sure I set threads to my watchlist.
I'm cool with starting and maybe many of us here are. How about we ask the three mentioned if it's alright if we do?

I'm up for starting.

CS
Image:
image.jpg
Name:
Orsirc Townsly
Height: 5'10
Weight: 230lbs
Appearance: Even though he rarely takes his helmet off in front of people, his appearance can be surprising. He has dark brown hair in a military style cut, has a mustache goatee combo that's currently in a stubble. He has brown eyes. He has a inch long scar on his right eyebrow, a three inch one on the left side of his jaw. He stands at average height for a male, he has a fairly muscular built to him, once thing he doesn't like is all of the body hair he has, he has a fair amount of arm and leg hair, and he has a lot of chest hair, enough hair that someone could make a large beard out of it.
Personality: Tends to be a very serious individual. But he opened up fairly quickly to most people, once he's open up, he can be a fun, loyal, patient, and funny individual. He will a,ways look for the light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what the situation is he wants to remain positive. He never thinks poorly of himself when it comes to skills, but he can be slightly critical on his personality.
Background: WIP)
Skills: Skilled with a two-handed swords

Knows three languages, and he can speak them all fluently
He can sometimes easily intimidate most people

I can add more to what I has a a,ready if you need me to)

I can make another charrie, another female, since our group is mostly made of men. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like you to fill out your background and you're missing weakness's.

@Bitterblue No second character yet. If someone drops then I'll let you.

i honestly just can't decide on what sort of character I should go for.

A fun and social one! One that doesn't look like much and is underestimated until they are seen in battle!

Arden Redhawk

b0b375aeee4b4b8cf5695d0d4684ebb5.jpg

Height: 175cm

Weight: 90kg

Appearance: Arden isn't particularly tall, standing at about 175cm in height. His hair is chocolate brown and combed neatly. His body is lean and but muscular, someone who trains well and eats well though is not beyond in some indulgences. He is clean shaven most of the time, with the exception of sideburns, though a stubble is not uncommon. His eyes are the color of shiny copper and his face of someone who smiles often, or at least smirks.
His attire is a mixture of comfort and protection. Leather outfit fitted with mail for slash protection and a loose shirt, his neck and collarbone rather exposed though that just adds to the danger of combat. At his hip he carries a shiny and sharp edged rapier, light and deadly in his hand along with a few daggers, a stiletto dagger which he carries with him at all times, a parrying dagger and a trident dagger. He also carries almost always five smaller knives which he throws for distraction.
At his back he carries a finely crafted string instrument which he often takes with him to taverns and bars to earn coin and bed companion or two. On his person is also a pair of recorders which he can play separately or both simultaneously.

Personality: Initially Redhawk is charming and chummy though may come off as rather arrogant and full of himself. He is very confident however with his musical, battle and just his general prowess in things he believes he excels at. He is however always aware who is number one and that is himself. He may spare a second thought to throw someone off a cliff it meant his own life and fortune was on the line but only barely.
He fits best in an urban environment rather than out in the wild though he has enough survival skills to make it a couple of weeks on his own. He will never consider himself a thief though his practiced hands may find themselves purloining a coin purse or three when he is down on his luck and if he sees something of modicum value and won't be missed, it may find its way into his pocket.
Though he may agree to a duel and fancies himself a duelist he will always try to make sure to be the one on top at the end and resort to dirty tricks when he sees fit. One of which is a napkin filled with partially powdered glass which he may throw into his opponent's eyes, a nasty dishonorable act which he cares little about as long as he is alive. When it comes to fistfights, studded or plated gloves are great to keep the brawl short.
His favorite color is Indigo and is favorite animals are hawks. One of his favorite fruits are fresh oranges.

Background: Arden is not a complicated man nor did he have a complicated past. He wasn't born as a street rat or within a former noble house. He is not an heir to a lost throne or treasure. He was born to a middle class tailor and with the promise of a good life. His mother, Rosaline, raised him as his father left her before Arden was born in search of knowledge of something. Arden stopped caring and expecting a decent father figure after he reached his twelfth winter. It was him and his mother for a while but Arden was often bored and liked to go out even when he was a child. The city streets held far more interest than studying with his hired tutor, a friend of Rosaline named Victor. Arden drove the man crazy as he often disobeyed and gave him lip. The only time they got along was when Victor saw Arden, at the age of eleven at the time, held a stick in a mock dueling stance and swinging at an imaginary adversary. Victor was an enthusiast and though that this would be a good way to get Arden to study by adding fencing lessons.

Arden learned fencing to that day and quite a natural at swordsmanship when it came to light blades. He stayed somewhat out of trouble after that but returned when he was completely literate and even knew a few other languages which he learned through Victor's music lessons which he admittedly enjoyed just not in the Victor's company so when he got the basics down he deviated to pave his own path.

As Arden got older into early adulthood Arden went more often to the streets, armed with nothing but his wits and his lute to make coin as he did not want to become a tailor though he did catch some skill in it after being forced early on in his childhood to become his mother's apprentice. Taverns were his main target, avoiding a street performance and a crowded tavern was far easier for his sticky fingers. He also set on his own and took up the name Redhawk and abandoning his actual name.

At the age of eighteen Arden ran a foul with a local hot head after bedding with a girl he fancied and was challenged to a duel. The hot head was of almost noble birth as his father was a wealthy merchant. Arden did not own a sword to call his own so he was handed one, a rusty old pole to be generous about it but years of practicing and honing his skill made Arden more than a match of the hot head who carried his sword more for show than anything else. Arden bested him and claimed the sword which was masterly crafted by someone who both loved his craft and was paid a pretty coin for it. With that started his back alley dueling career, taking the money from the losers and whoever bet against him.

When he reached twenty, he was traveling along the roads alone when he came upon a lone caravan beset by a trio of bandits. For a rare kindness of Arden's heart he assisted the caravan, dispatching the brutes neatly and thoroughly. The caravan, owned by an old coot, did not own much either way but refused to let the act of kindness go unrewarded. The coot gave Arden a wicker cage housing a reddish brown young hawk. A few command words from the coot and the hawk stayed with Arden who took a fancy to the bird and has been with him ever since as a companion and a deadly weapon. No one likes it when a hawk starts to claw at your face in middle of combat after all.

Skills:
Master Duelist
Talented Minstrel
Silver Tongued Devil
Fleet footed
Slight-o-hand
Falconry Enthusiast

Weakness:
Cocky
In debt*
Anti-Authoritarian behavior
Dishonorable**
Sticky Fingers***
Wise Ass
Swift over Strength****

*He has quite a large debt with many criminal undergrounds after his attempts of becoming a professional gambler along with his dueling career. He has angered many of such group and many would like his head on a platter.
** He sees no problem in cheating and lying to get his way
*** Somewhat of a kleptomaniac
**** His style is that of swiftness so a strong strike from someone who surpasses him in strength, if it strikes true, can be quite devastating.

Last edited:
I was going to try and make Bornaeli something along those lines, but I didn't know if that felt too much like it belonged in the 1400-1500s and whether or not this setting was strictly medieval or looser fantasy.

I think I could make the Bard character.

Can I own a fuzzy unicorn?

black_mountain_unicorn_by_sandara-d63khjs.jpg

Or how about being an Bombadier/Bombarder/Alchemist?

miloboggs.jpg

Ok, no you can't own a fuzzy unicorn and no you can't be a bombadier/bombarder/Alchemist.

Bard sounds fine. Also you can use explosives if you wish.

Aww. So no go on the creepy dude who is covered head and toe in some archaic gas mask stuff and smells like a pharmacy yet is chummy as hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.