Lost Hope: Return of Dragon's Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww. So no go on the creepy dude who is covered head and toe in some archaic gas mask stuff and smells like a pharmacy yet is chummy as hell?
"So anyways, like I was saying, this guy gets a whif of this potion here and I swear his eye sockets straight shriveled up into his head and his eyes started bleeding! That's something, ain't it?! Hahahaha, those were the fun times."

"So anyways, like I was saying, this guy gets a whif of this potion here and I swear his eye sockets straight shriveled up into his head and his eyes started bleeding! That's something, ain't it?! Hahahaha, those were the fun times."
Exactly. Also needs various stuff from creatures to make potions and or bombs so more often than not he is covered in blood to at least the elbows from harvesting organs

Dang. My character would be thrilled to meet that guy.

The duelist or the Plague Bomber?

Yeah since I can't be the plague bomber in appearance then I shall be the duelist.

Started the Char sheet on the previous page. will finish tomorrow when I can make it nice. 2:45 am right now

• Thank You
Reactions: Warenai hana
I'M A HUMAN BEING NOT A POKEMON!!!!

now i am just really tempted to make his story identical to Inigo Montoya's.

Arden Redhawk

Height: 175cm

Weight: 90kg

Appearance: Arden isn't particularly tall, standing at about 175cm in height. His hair is chocolate brown and combed neatly. His body is lean and but muscular, someone who trains well and eats well though is not beyond in some indulgences. He is clean shaven most of the time, with the exception of sideburns, though a stubble is not uncommon. His eyes are the color of shiny copper and his face of someone who smiles often, or at least smirks.
His attire is a mixture of comfort and protection. Leather outfit fitted with mail for slash protection and a loose shirt, his neck and collarbone rather exposed though that just adds to the danger of combat. At his hip he carries a shiny and sharp edged rapier, light and deadly in his hand along with a few daggers, a stiletto dagger which he carries with him at all times, a parrying dagger and a trident dagger. He also carries almost always five smaller knives which he throws for distraction.
At his back he carries a finely crafted string instrument which he often takes with him to taverns and bars to earn coin and bed companion or two. On his person is also a pair of recorders which he can play separately or both simultaneously.

Personality: Initially Redhawk is charming and chummy though may come off as rather arrogant and full of himself. He is very confident however with his musical, battle and just his general prowess in things he believes he excels at. He is however always aware who is number one and that is himself. He may spare a second thought to throw someone off a cliff it meant his own life and fortune was on the line but only barely.
He fits best in an urban environment rather than out in the wild though he has enough survival skills to make it a couple of weeks on his own. He will never consider himself a thief though his practiced hands may find themselves purloining a coin purse or three when he is down on his luck and if he sees something of modicum value and won't be missed, it may find its way into his pocket.
Though he may agree to a duel and fancies himself a duelist he will always try to make sure to be the one on top at the end and resort to dirty tricks when he sees fit. One of which is a napkin filled with partially powdered glass which he may throw into his opponent's eyes, a nasty dishonorable act which he cares little about as long as he is alive. When it comes to fistfights, studded or plated gloves are great to keep the brawl short.
His favorite color is Indigo and is favorite animals are hawks. One of his favorite fruits are fresh oranges.

Background: Arden is not a complicated man nor did he have a complicated past. He wasn't born as a street rat or within a former noble house. He is not an heir to a lost throne or treasure. He was born to a middle class tailor and with the promise of a good life. His mother, Rosaline, raised him as his father left her before Arden was born in search of knowledge of something. Arden stopped caring and expecting a decent father figure after he reached his twelfth winter. It was him and his mother for a while but Arden was often bored and liked to go out even when he was a child. The city streets held far more interest than studying with his hired tutor, a friend of Rosaline named Victor. Arden drove the man crazy as he often disobeyed and gave him lip. The only time they got along was when Victor saw Arden, at the age of eleven at the time, held a stick in a mock dueling stance and swinging at an imaginary adversary. Victor was an enthusiast and though that this would be a good way to get Arden to study by adding fencing lessons.

Arden learned fencing to that day and quite a natural at swordsmanship when it came to light blades. He stayed somewhat out of trouble after that but returned when he was completely literate and even knew a few other languages which he learned through Victor's music lessons which he admittedly enjoyed just not in the Victor's company so when he got the basics down he deviated to pave his own path.

As Arden got older into early adulthood Arden went more often to the streets, armed with nothing but his wits and his lute to make coin as he did not want to become a tailor though he did catch some skill in it after being forced early on in his childhood to become his mother's apprentice. Taverns were his main target, avoiding a street performance and a crowded tavern was far easier for his sticky fingers. He also set on his own and took up the name Redhawk and abandoning his actual name.

At the age of eighteen Arden ran a foul with a local hot head after bedding with a girl he fancied and was challenged to a duel. The hot head was of almost noble birth as his father was a wealthy merchant. Arden did not own a sword to call his own so he was handed one, a rusty old pole to be generous about it but years of practicing and honing his skill made Arden more than a match of the hot head who carried his sword more for show than anything else. Arden bested him and claimed the sword which was masterly crafted by someone who both loved his craft and was paid a pretty coin for it. With that started his back alley dueling career, taking the money from the losers and whoever bet against him.

When he reached twenty, he was traveling along the roads alone when he came upon a lone caravan beset by a trio of bandits. For a rare kindness of Arden's heart he assisted the caravan, dispatching the brutes neatly and thoroughly. The caravan, owned by an old coot, did not own much either way but refused to let the act of kindness go unrewarded. The coot gave Arden a wicker cage housing a reddish brown young hawk. A few command words from the coot and the hawk stayed with Arden who took a fancy to the bird and has been with him ever since as a companion and a deadly weapon. No one likes it when a hawk starts to claw at your face in middle of combat after all.

Skills:
Master Duelist
Talented Minstrel
Resourceful
Fleet footed
Slight-o-hand
Falconry Enthusiast

Weakness:
Cocky
Boastful
Arrogant
Dishonorable
Sticky Fingers
Wise ass
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go

@WitchChild I know I'm not Gm, but I have to note that you have a lot of physical strengths. And your weaknesses don't match that.

Not saying you should change it, that's up to the Foo. But just an observation.

If Foo thinks it needs changing, I will gladly change it.

@WitchChild Three of your weakness's are practically the same thing. Cocky, Boastful, Arrogant. I would like you to change either Cocky or Arrogant into something else. I partially agree with Blue's statement saying you don't have a lot of physical weakness's. Please add just one.

Skills:
Master Duelist
Talented Minstrel
Silver Tongued Devil
Fleet footed
Slight-o-hand
Falconry Enthusiast

Weakness:
Cocky
In debt*
Anti-Authoritarian behavior
Dishonorable**
Sticky Fingers***
Wise Ass
Swift over Strength****

*He has quite a large debt with many criminal undergrounds after his attempts of becoming a professional gambler along with his dueling career. He has angered many of such group and many would like his head on a platter.
** He sees no problem in cheating and lying to get his way
*** Somewhat of a kleptomaniac
**** His style is that of swiftness so a strong strike from someone who surpasses him in strength, if it strikes true, can be quite devastating.

Last edited:
I like it, approved!

I'll start working on the first post tomorrow!

Yayyy but I won't be able to post anytime this weekend, well...maybe Saturday, but doubtful.

• Thank You
Reactions: Warenai hana
Status
Not open for further replies.