Lost Hope: Return of Dragon's Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zarko Straadi Still accepting and PM me?

@Bitterblue Well, there could be problems of your character being left behind. You'll have to make your character with that in mind! So long as you don't mind playing catch up we'll be fine!

@Bitterblue Well, there could be problems of your character being left behind. You'll have to make your character with that in mind! So long as you don't mind playing catch up we'll be fine!
I will try to keep up! :P hehe my charries going to be short and sweet, but full of fire as well :P

Reactions: Warenai hana
Here she is!
Inara

Name:
Inara Cameri
(the 'r' in Cameri has a slight roll to it)

Height:
4 foot 10 inches

Weight:
100 pounds

Appearance:
Inara is a sweet young woman blessed with all of nature's goodness. Her deep blue (almost black) eyes can make any man swoon, and her full lips pulled into a smile-- more often a smirk-- combined with her mid-back length light brown hair framing her face can make anyone's heart melt. Standing at little under 5 feet, Inara is short both in stature and in frame, and light at 100 pounds. What she lacks in fat, she makes up for in muscle. She may look small, but she is unbelievably strong. The sword in the picture is smaller than it actually is, Inara's sword is longer, and more deadly, but with similar engravings.

Personality:
Inara has a fiery personality, she is a sweet young woman whose smile comes easily to her face. She likes to see other people smile, so she often tries to make them. As sweet as she is, she is also very sarcastic and has a sharp wit. She is often seen with a smirk on her face and a glint in her eye. Mingling can be one of her strong suits, and is often a bridge between two distant people. She has a tendency of drawing some people together. But may all be warned, if you get on her bad side….just don't, okay? If you piss her off she is quick to act and slow to think, and her actions are often what you least expect, so be careful. She always does what she believes to be right, consequences be darned. She honestly does try to see the best people, but sometimes all she can do is analyze.

Background:
Inara has a tragic past. She doesn't like to discuss it…but since you ask so nicely, she's willing to make an exception.

She was born to a blacksmith and a seamstress. That's all she knows. They were both murdered by an invading army aiming to get closer to the royal family when she was only a year. The only thing she has left from her father is her sword. Her mother left her a ring that she wears on the middle finger of her right hand. For Inara, keeping these items close felt like she had a part of her parents with her as she suffered through life.

Since her parents died, she spent several years in the orphanage. When she was five years old, she got fed up and ran away. She stole the things the orphanage had taken from her (her sword) back and walked out the front door when everyone was asleep.

Living on the streets was hard, but it was actually a step up from the orphanage; there the children picked on her for being so small, and whenever she tried to defend herself she got into trouble. She spent most nights under a bridge, curled in a ball to try to stay warm. She often managed to earn enough for a small bit of bread in the evening by begging.

Fortunately, she only had to be on the streets for a few months before a middle aged blacksmith felt sorry for her and took her in under his wing. It didn't take long for them both to fall in love with each other, in a father/daughter relationship kind of way at least. He became the father she never had and she became the daughter he never had. He trained her in the arts of the smithy. He helped her to repair the damaged armor that the orphanage had damaged, even improving it slightly.

Roran was kind, caring and had a gentle spirit about him. He was also an expert swordsman, having served the royal family in his glory years. He had almost made it into the Dragon's Talon, but barely missed it. His trainer was in the Talon, though, so he learned all sorts of skills form him. He passed this knowledge onto his daughter. Inara, a born natural, quickly picked up the skill and quickly became the best swordswoman he had ever seen.

They spent the majority of her life with the man she now called father. They had 13 wonderful, beautiful, loving years together. They acted like any father and daughter would, delighting in each others company, loving each other…until two years ago. Two years ago bandits raided their village. Her father, being the hero he always wanted to be, went out to fight them, and she was by his side with her birth fathers sword in hand. Unfortunately, Roran wasn't as young as he used to be, and therefore he was slower than he used to be. Too slow for one of the bandits, the bandit slid his sword right between his ribs. Roran collapsed in a heap.

Screaming as her heart ripped in two, Inara charged the bandit that had dealt the fatal blow to her adopted father. After a very short fight, she slipped past his defenses easily and ended his life. She fought her way through the dozen bandits left and escaped with only a scratch on her arm that would likely need stitches. It's often amazing what adrenaline combined with rage and grief can do to a person…

Sprinting back to where Roran lay, she fell to his side squeezing his hand. Roran looked at her as blood drooled from the corner of his mouth. He lifted a hand to her face, and caressed it one last time as he breathed his last breath. Sobbing as her father's hand went limp and fell from her face, she sheathed her sword and picked her father's body up, laying him gently down on his cot that her neighbors had so kindly brought out for her when they saw what happened. She lay him on the cot, and started to clean his face, his clothes. She was preparing him for a proper sendoff. Silent tears flowing as she set fire to his body, she leaned into her neighbors embrace.

As she struggled through the grief of Roran's death, she ran the smithy almost better than he had. She had perfected the armor that he had made her, and made weapons for anyone who needed them. She only recently received the letter, and decided she would go, knowing it would be what Roran would have wanted.

Skills:
-Inara is an amazing swordsman. She learned from the best, and henceforth became the best. She often singlehandedly defeated many skilled swordsman who tried to pillage her village. She trained from someone who claimed to be trained by someone in said force declared in the letter.
-Inara is good at negotiations, seeing as she likes to draw people together, this is naturally one of her talents.
-Hand to hand combat. She can probably knock out a grown man twice her size if he didn't know what he was doing....
-Some new ones will be discovered throughout the RP, Inara does not like to disclose all her secrets to total strangers; I mean, who does?

Weakness:
-Inara has a dominant side, as most fighters do (her right side). If her right side gets crippled or injured somehow, she's practically useless. She is currently trying to get her left side up to par, but it's a long and difficult trial.
-Inara, unfortunately, is not the best at stealth, even with her smallness. She is one of the clumsiest people on the planet when she is not fighting with her sword.
-She is stubborn as heck. Once she's made up her mind on something, it's near impossible to change it.
-Likewise with the skills, some more weaknesses will be revealed throughout the RP.

Other:
She hates the color orange as it makes her appear sickly.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ze_kraken
@NorwayFOO Do you plan on making a Character sheet so we can read everyone's characters in one place instead of searching for them?

She small, cute, and scary o.o

Accepted!

And yeah, I probably should, huh?

• Love
Reactions: Bitterblue
Woot! People! :D

It looks like there are a good bunch of people thinking of making/working on characters, should I take the banners down now or not yet? c:

It would probubly be best to take them down now. We have 10/10 if everyone that expressed interest is still going to make CS.

Alright, done. :) I think they should come down immediately but they may show a few more times before the system recognizes that they're taken down, I'm not sure.

• Thank You
OK! Thanks Amber Sky!

rsz_1prince_arthur_by_thespacegypsy-d6sc4iw.jpg

Name: Aurel Matthäus Leon von Morgenstern

Height:
193 cm

Weight:
70 kg

Appearance:
conventionally good looking face with bright blue eyes and strong lips on soft features, muscular built always in an elegantly relaxed poise that exudes strong self-confidence, accommodating expression

Personality:
optimistic, friendly and approachable, curious and rather inquisitive, quick to temper but also quick to forgive, fiercely chivalrous, easily amazed, sort of innocent, can come off as arrogant

Background:
The King of Chrysos was a bachelor until well into his late thirties, but married a miller's daughter much to the everyone's shock. Through her kindness and devotion to the poor, she became well-loved and when Aurel was born, he became the symbol of peace between the classes.
Aurel was as ambitious as his father but as compassionate as his mother and was kept in their castle at all times to keep him from wandering about too often. As a result, he's quite clueless about other people's lives but he was taught to treat everyone equally and learned to love listening to their life stories.
At 13 he was made ward at the queen's court to train in swordsmanship, horse riding and other things a young heir must learn. Although not training for knighthood, he strove to perfect his skills in combat and does fairly well in both battles and strategy.

Skills:
Basic Weaponry (sword, spear, mace and bow)
Horse Riding
Basic Survival (using various medicinal plants, geography)

Weakness:
somewhat near-sighted
not very agile
kind of clueless about others

Also:
Who's there?
Orange you glad I read rules?[spoili]Okay, I tried.[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I get a few more strengths, a few more weaknesses and a bit of a longer background please? I mean it's not in the rules that you have to do this, but I would prefer if you would write a little bit more.

rsz_1prince_arthur_by_thespacegypsy-d6sc4iw.jpg

Name: Aurel Matthäus Leon von Morgenstern

Height:
193 cm

Weight:
70 kg

Appearance:
conventionally good looking face with bright blue eyes and strong lips on soft features, muscular built always in an elegantly relaxed poise that exudes strong self-confidence, accommodating expression

Personality:
optimistic, friendly and approachable, curious and rather inquisitive, quick to temper but also quick to forgive, fiercely chivalrous, easily amazed, sort of innocent, can come off as arrogant

Background:
Well known as kind of a miracle child in his home kingdom of Chrysos, he grew up well-loved but also quite sheltered. At 13 he was made ward at the queen's court to train in swordsmanship, horse riding and other things a young crown prince must learn. Being a people-person earned him numerous friends from all sorts of places in the kingdom who helped him learn the local language. He was taught to treat everyone equally and learned to love listening to their life stories.

Skills:
Basic Weaponry (sword, spear, mace and bow)
Horse Riding

Weakness:
somewhat near-sighted
not very agile

Also:
Who's there?
Orange you glad I read rules?[spoili]Okay, I tried.[/spoili]
Hehe Hehe LOVE the pic! You chose the face of King Arthur from Merlin...should have heard me fangirl a bit. :p

That is acceptable, accepted!

I am, the past week has been hectic with school just starting up again, and I have another two character sheets to make as well.but I assure you that my character will be done

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.