Lost Hope: Return of Dragon's Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine! Much better than anything I could do.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I would love to have you join!

Yay! I would start working on my character shortly, and it should be down sometime this week maybe

I look forward too it.

Dropping interest here. Before I get working on a preliminary CS, to what extent is magic utilized? There's already enchanting, but what else can it do? And is there room for one more magic user or should I create a non-mage character?

I would be more than happy to accept another magic user if @kingdomkeylight is even still interested.

Magic in this world can be used for minor healing, creating/manipulating elements, enchanting (which has its own set rules that I'll go into if you are interested). There are rare forms of magic as well, such as the LightSeer clan's ability to see the future. Of course this kind of magic is very rare.

Magic isn't very strong. So you won't be shooting fire balls and what not. (Well if you're crafty enough you might) PM me with the kind of magic you want to use and we'll talk about it.

I think that'll be enough to go on - I'll get a CS up here in a 'lil while.

Joycie Mayley

Height: 1.5m (5')

Weight: 70kg (150lbs)

Appearance: Mayley is hard and lean. Standing a good head shorter than most men, the woman is a stout pillar of lean muscle. Light brown hair falls well past her shoulders, ending near the small of her back. From a slender brow curves an equally slight nose, leaving two hazel eyes peering out beneath. Below her nose rests faint pink lips, more skin than anything else. Clad, more often than not, in bits of boiled leather and thickly woven cloth, Mayley makes a stern figure, all the more accentuated by a quiver of arrows, an array of knives, and a short bow across her back.

Personality: Joycie Mayley is often solitary by nature. Years ranging through the woods have dulled her conversational skills and while she is capable of prolonged interaction with others, she finds it an unnecessary effort: the best cooperation is born of a shared, unspoken purpose. From her time spent scouting and traveling through adverse terrain, Mayley is perceptive in more matters than the physical world. She can read people's body language fairly well, giving her a false sense of superiority over others. Her eyes always seem to be searching whatever she looks at, observing meticulously for something.

Background: Hailing from the northern provinces, Joycie was the first daughter to a farming family in a realm of the world ill-suited to growing anything but tough, harsh grass and evergreens. Her father, wishing to have seen his firstborn be a male, made no effort in concealing his motives in treating the girl as if she had been a son. She was taught how to farm, how to fight, and, most importantly, how to hunt. The act quickly became an obsession and soon the young Mayley began to spend more time out of the house than in.

When she was twelve, Joycie stumbled upon the gift of magic by starting a fire out of utter frustration at the incessant wind and recently fallen rain. Since that day, she had harbored the talent in secret, and retains on proper education or skill beyond basic tricks with the flame. For years her life retained the same structure: work, hunt, train in magic. A desire to see more began to take hold in her mind. One year prior to coming of age, Joycie enlisted in the ruling lord's rangers.

From there, her capability and skill grew by the day. Rising swiftly through the ranks, Joycie quickly became one of the trained woodsmen's best tools in safeguarding the borders. Independent and self-reliant, the woman could be relied upon to last for months at a time in the field. Combined with a born knack for the bow and self-taught knife fighting, the ranger was more than a glorified scout: she was a honed weapon.

Skills:
- Light-footed and generally quiet
- Expert with knives
- Keen senses
- Agile
- Natural woodsman

Flaws:
- Overtly blunt in conversation
- Trouble following strict orders; she is used to almost total independence
- Discipline of Faith; she follows her father's gods and their traditions and codes, chief among them a dislike for thieves and those who would cheat death
- Low tolerance for pain
- Finds the heat of southern provinces unbearable in the summer

Reactions: Amber Sky
Accepted! This team is full of anti-social killing machines it seems. I would like to seem some social butterflies!

Can I join too?
I'll have sheets up soon. Can I play a royal character?

If you really want to play a royal character you'll have to PM me so we can talk and of course you can join.

Is there still room? If so, I'll have to get a CS up after work.

Last edited:
Sending you a PM now, @NorwayFOO
I wanted to put some life into the story with a character who isn't an "anti-social killing machine" and might definitely be a social butterfly.

• Thank You
Reactions: Warenai hana
I am interested, :) but as I have no internet, I will have to reserve my spot until tomorrow (if you're still accepting. :P)

Its a blue! And I am still accepting.

• Love
Reactions: Bitterblue
If you still have any slots left, what do you think of the idea of an alchemist (non-magical "chemistry")/Da Vinci-esque clockpunk tinkerer?

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Yayyyyyy! :D I will work on a CS :)

Although, I may not be able to be on once a week at the moment, lately life has been INSANELY hectic. Went to a friends wedding last week, and now this weekend I'm traveling about 9 hours to go to another wedding. So...if that's okay, I will be on as often as possible, and when I cant get to a computer, I can use my phone, but if I do that, the writing will be shorter, and I won't be able to format my posts. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.