Life On The Sreet

Status
Not open for further replies.
She listened to him, still without being really exciting about sleeping out there, but the over a tree thing didn't sound that bad.
"I'm 17, and, as you probably noticed, I'm kind of new at this. What about you?" She asked, curiosly looking at him, and trying to mentally guess his age, which wasn't really easy because there wasn't much of his face to see. "You look tired" she added. "I know you don't feel safe here, but it's probably not a good idea for you to move around. Your wound will never heal if you don't keep quiet, and I can stay up guarding if you want."

She was younger than what he thought. Not mattering he started in the streets at 14, there was never going to be an age to be a homeless. He noticed she was looking at him more focused now. Some of the bandages in his face were still attached, he removed just the necessary to drink the serum. Lifting up his hand, he removed the rest until he had his neck also uncovered. Some scars could be seen where they started but then got again hidden under the bandages wrapping his torso. "I am 26... I know. I bit older to still be in the streets, but I never considered myself that. Since the beggining I started getting the básica from nature, always searching for forests and plains to hunt and rest. I became a rogue instead."

He smiled slightly when she mentioned about guarding the alley for him to rest. He didn't know why he felt it should be the contrary being the older one. He started to stand up slowly, helping himself with the wall against his back. "I appreciate that Zoey, but I have a better idea. I will not ask to trust me, we met a few minutes ago, but what if I show you what I mean by 'open area'. Then none of us would have to guard the other."

She was looking at him while he drunk the serum, so she could see his face once again, and got a glance of his neck this time. She saw some scars that were probably extending down his torso. How could he get those terrible scars? Saigo got more interesting every second she was with him. Zoey listened to him... the streets seemed like a choice to him, and his life didn't sound so terrible. She thought she could learn a lot from him.
When he started standing up, Zoey tried to help him, but he was already up. She joined him and smiled at him. "Sounds great." Told him, thinking about the trusting thing. She did trust him, even though she thought she shouldn't do that so easily. Anyways, he was still hurt, so letting him alone wasn't an option. She extended her arm, not sure if he would want her help to walk, but offering it anyways.

"bad move old man" Sykes pulled out the dagger that stuck at the man chest, splattering blood to his face. starring at the other attacker he calmly readied his dagger. on the other side of the street the attacker drop a few sweat from his forehead then throwing his weapon aside and began to run. "ch..." after sheathed his dagger back to it's place Sykes approached the dead man corpse searching for anything useful. "nothing" didn't find anything useful Sykes leave the corpse and began to walking toward the street.

a church coming into the sight and the sky darken. "look like it will rain soon" decided to take a shelter Sykes came inside the church. the spider web everywhere and the dust is thick, look like this place is abandoned for many years. then he sat at a long chair inside the church, placing his dagger beside him and shut his eyes. this day he killed another man, not knowing how it will be tomorrow.

He nodded with her confirmation and saw her offering help again. It seemed she was just like him, couldn't leave someone to their own luck. Sighing, he really didnt want to create any friendship since his brother died. Streets when dangerous places and he didn't wanted to suffer another lost. That was why he stood alone all those years. No matter his excuses, he was liking her company. He took her arm softly and let her help him, never placing weight for her to take as he weighted probably more than the double of her.

He walked a few streets down with some difficulty, it hurt to walk, especially after the first street, but still he didn't made a sound or movement to not worry her. He reached a tall public building and stepped inside. Reaching the elevator, they madre it to the last flor. When they stepped out into the corridor, he glanced around for anything to see them. He walked some more until they found a door and the emergency stair behind it. Locking the door from the inside, he guided her up the stairs to then open another door to finally reach the rooftop. The day was clear and warm still, a beautiful sky over them. Not too hot or cold. He closed the door and walked to the center with her. "See... Outdoor, exclusive, clear, not a dark and dangerous alley. The city has a lot of places like this that people doesn't even know about the as they are too worried with their house and life."

She followed him all the way into the rooftop. He had taken his arm, but it wasn't of much use, because he didn't even place his weight on her. She bit her lip in response of that stubborn action, but that way she could at least help him if he needed it.
When they got into the rooftop, she was amazed. It was really beautiful. She separated from him, since she wasn't really helping, and approached to the edge, taking a few minutes to watch the city from that height.
"It's... perfect." she limited to say, keeping ten more compliments about that rooftop for her. "I even feel sorry for those people sleeping in their houses." She said, smiling at him, thanking him for bringing her there.
Zoey went back near him, accommodated on the floor and laid down, watching at the beautiful starry sky above them. She started to feel sleepy, so it was a good thing that Saigo didn't take her offer of staying up guarding, because she would have probably failed at it. Besides, that was much better than the dirty alley.

Saigo smiled as he looked at her. He was glad she liked it. He didn't like to see her in an alley and then hear her to call that home. That wasn't even a house. Least a home. He chuckled slightly with her comment and bowed at her in 'welcome' until it hurt again. He neared her and sat down slowly to then lay down at her side. He didn't expected this day to be like this. Even after he was shot he thought that the same gray and monotonous day was going to fill him. He glanced at Zoey. He was wrong. The problem was... That now he didn't wanted to leave her on her own luck again. Leave her alone. As always, he felt the need to protect someone.

She just kept watching the sky and smiled as he layed down next to her. She had never imagine that the staggering stranger of the alley would make such a great thing for her. After all, helping people did have good consequences. Zoey glanced one last time at her company and finally fell asleep.

He looked to the sky with her, slowly relaxing more and more. He glanced at her and saw her eyes closing and breathing changing until she was entirely asleep. He didn't wanted to left her talk alone but now he was sure he could rest a bit. His eyes closed as well and didn't last long until he was sleeping as well.

He woke up an hour later, some pain bothering him until it woken him up. Sitting up, he saw her still asleep as he drank the last of the serum. He felt hot and removed his gabardine. The air was a bit chilling and he covered her with his coat instead. Touching his forehead, he felt it burning. Great. Now a feever. He was deciding if this had been a good day because of her por a bad one. He laid down again, one arm over his forehead and eyes to try and rest a but more.

Ever sat on a bed and eat pieces of the bread, savoring each bite. It had been a while since she had eaten, but she wasn't about to eat all of it at once. She listened to every word that Ignatius said, taking mental notes in case she was back out on the streets, alone, again. She knew that Ignatius had offered her a home here, but the one thing that she had learned during her brief time on the streets, was not to trust people so easily. Of course, Ever wasn't used to not trusting people, so this skill came a bit difficult to her. When he said "climb rooftops," Ever's eyes widened.
'Climbing roofs?' She thought to herself with a wistful smile. 'Imagine if I could do that. Of course, I would have to get rid of my fear of heights first.'
The thought made her smile widen as she focused back on Ignatius.
"You climb on rooftops?" She questioned, tearing off another piece of bread. "What if you fall?"

She woke up at dawn. The girl was still sleepy, but she smiled when she realized that Saigo's gabardine was covering her. It was surprising how, someone still suffering from a bullet wound, could care that much for her. She looked at him, he probably didn't have an easy night. Anyways, he was asleep, or at least he looked like it. She just hoped him to have rested a little.
She stood up quietly and fullfilled her morning routine: she combed her hair, washed her face with some water and brushed her teeths with a stolen toothpaste. After it, she took the antibiotics for Saigo and waited for him to wake up, sitting down and enjoying the view of the city.

He was able to rested a couple more hours before opening his eyes again. He was sweating and didn't feel good at all. His body was fighting with the injury, the good thing that she really used a lot of alcohol so an infection was out from happening. He took his arm from his face and looked up. It was getting darker, the good thing was that with all that happened he wasn't hungry anymore. For now. He turned his head and found the space where she was empty. Saigo frowned and looked around. Did she really left? Well, it wasn't like he would spend his life at her side or even some days. Both had things to do on their own no matter non had really a porpuse as rogues. Then he saw her, sited near the edge as she looked to the first lights turning on. He couldn't deny he was glad she was still there.

He sat up slowly and checked on his wound, his long black hair falling down his back and shoulders. He would have to change his bandages for clean ones as he looked at the wide stain of dried blood. Rubbing his face, he notices it was still uncovered. It was strange to not have the bandages over half if his face, bidding himself from judging eyes. He glanced at her. He didn't care now, not with her. Standing up, he placed a hand on his would by instinct and walked towards her to sit besides. "Morning." He sighed with some effort until he was comfortable. His legs dangling down the rooftop and his free hand holding his weight at his back. His head still hurt but it wasn't a surprise.

She heard him approaching and looked at him. "Good morning" answered with her usual smile. She was about to ask him how he was feeling, but she thought that it was pretty obvious. Zoey could see he was sweated and still in pain, which quickly erased her smile. She stood up, got his serum, her water and went back to her place, to hand him those objects together with the medicine.
After it, she took a look at his abdomen. The bandages were dirty and the wound wasn't close, and she thought that he probably needed something more than a few gauzes to close it.
"We should change your bandages, but first I'll go to a pharmacy and get us something to make you some stitches. And maybe some more alcohol." she told him, already getting up. "I'll be back in no time" finally added, taking the money she had from the bag. It wasn't much, and she would probably have to steal, but that wasn't a problem.

He looked at her softly, wondering why was she worrying so much about him. He wasn't used to that treatment. He smiled thankfully at her and shook his head. "Don't worry, I will be okay for tomorrow. You shou-" Before he could finish, she started to get up speaking about getting stuff at the drugstore. He doubted she had enough money and even then. Why would she waste her money in someone else when she also needed it? He was going to stop her but she was already leaving. "Wait..." He stood up as quickly as he could growling under his breath with the pain. He reached his side and gave her the money he took from that thief. He still had enough maybe even for a meal later with her. "Use this. Don't use your own." He wanted to go with her but he felt more sore than before. He would just be a baggage for her. "Careful."

Indie saw nothing then. That was kind of depressing. Eh, what did she have to do. She saw some things happening around, but it was sad, nothing was interesting. People doing people things. She thought then whether or not she was a person. She was just nothing, nothing at all.

She turned around to see him, frowning for what he've done. It wasn't a nice thing to see him suffering, and it wasn't necessary to stand up like that. She sighed and took the money, she could actually use that. His worries changed her face expression, wich turned into her warm smile.
"And you relax, stop moving around like that."
She unlocked the door and left the rooftop, went down and hit the street. Her first stop would be the drugstore, so she just asked around for one and went there. She took a medicinal alcohol, and sliced into her pocket the sewing elements and some more antibiotics and gauzes, just in case, making sure she wasn't seen. She paid for the alcohol and left. Maybe she had Saigo's money, but he was probably going to need it later, so it was better to save it.
After it she went inside a small market. She took some sandwiches and used her previous bag to hide some chocolates and the same serum Saigo was drinking, together with a small bottle of vodka. The stitches were probably be very painful, so she thought he could use some of that first. Zoey paid for the food, but, when she was about to leave, someone ratted her about the things she had hidden in the other bag. She started running, easily losing her chasers, but the small pursuit left her pretty far from the builing, so she hurried to go back.

Last edited:
  1. He smiled slightly and his his worry. He imagined she was uses to steal and he didn't like that very much. He was always trying to get everything he needed from nature or getting money with a random job. He wouldn't deny he haven't worked a couple of times as a hired murderer. He went to the edge and sat again, looking down as he waited for her to come out from the building. He watched her to make sure she would be okay. He knew she had for who knows how much time now, but still. He couldn't help it after what she was doing for him. He waited patiently as she appeared again but this time she was running and some guys where after her, he was about to run downstairs and help her but he then saw she lost them. Still, he walked to the door and started walking downstairs to suddenly met her at the elevator. "Zoey... What happened?" He asked seriously worry in his eyes.

"Oh, this is good. They've paired up. Aww...can't take care of themselves," Indie laughed to herself, watching Zoey and Saigo. She slid down the roof. It was interesting now. She could hear the old man in his garden, the poor man owned the house, no doubt, and realised she had to be stealthy. No risks. She'd have to camp out on the roof a while.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, maybe sounding more worried than him. "I just didn't want to spend all your money, but I'm ok, and I made sure I've lost those guys before entering in the building. Sorry, I didn't expect that to happen."
Zoey put all the bags on one hand, grabbed Saigo's arm and put in on the top of her shoulders. He wasn't better than yesterday and didn't listen to her about staying quiet, so she was helping him to go upstairs, even if he wanted or not.

CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

He laughed at the disbelief in her voice. "Yeah, I climb rooftops," he said, trying hard to suppress his laughter. "Well, I guess if I fall... I die? I haven't fallen in years. It's not as hard as you think, actually. I can teach you if you want. Well, you wouldn't start with climbing rooftops and roof-leaping anyway. It's too risky. You'd begin with climbing brick walls and getting stronger. Took me years, believe me. And I broke a lot of bones..." he lifted up one pant leg, showing her a jagged white scar the size of his fist. "Fell off a two story building. Fractured my tibia and it broke through the skin. And this one," he lifted his shirt up, "my ribs are still crooked from that time I was trying to roof-leap with fifteen pounds of bread and got my chest kicked in by the baker. Nasty man. Would have been better being a butcher."

Ignatius watched her as she ate the bread. She'd definitely been hungry for a while, but she probably wouldn't be able to stuff down as much as she thought she could... the stomach shrinks during long periods of starvation. "So, how long have you been out here? On the streets, I mean," he asked her between gulps of bread.

Ever sat on a bed and eat pieces of the bread, savoring each bite. It had been a while since she had eaten, but she wasn't about to eat all of it at once. She listened to every word that Ignatius said, taking mental notes in case she was back out on the streets, alone, again. She knew that Ignatius had offered her a home here, but the one thing that she had learned during her brief time on the streets, was not to trust people so easily. Of course, Ever wasn't used to not trusting people, so this skill came a bit difficult to her. When he said "climb rooftops," Ever's eyes widened.
'Climbing roofs?' She thought to herself with a wistful smile. 'Imagine if I could do that. Of course, I would have to get rid of my fear of heights first.'
The thought made her smile widen as she focused back on Ignatius.
"You climb on rooftops?" She questioned, tearing off another piece of bread. "What if you fall?"

Status
Not open for further replies.