Life On The Sreet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Saigo
Looks: Long dark hair with red crimson eyes. Loose black pants with a long black gabardine covering the white bandages around his face, neck, and frame. Black leather boots and a katana always hidden at his waist. Has a black tattoo covering his entire left arm in spiral and part of his frame.
Personality: he doesn't really care for anything around him, or anyone. Bug a part of him is always wanting to protect the weak ones in danger. The typical cool, quiet, and strong guy that wouldn't doubt to kill you in an instant or even make you suffer if you bother him. Has a lot of years of experience in several fights and sword manipulation which gave him the several scars all along his body.
Reason for being on the streets: Even when he born in a family with good money, his parents died when he was very young by thieves that broke into their house. Some years later, Saigo strained until exhaustion to take revenge. He looked for the thieves along with his brother just a year younger and finished them off sadistically in a bloody fight. His brother then ended up with several injuries that made him bleed to death. Saigo never cared to returned to his home that is still abandoned somewhere near the park. He dedicated his life to survive with the basics living as a rogue in the streets, traveling and never stopping, a nomad. He is usually killing any assassin or thief he encounters to prevent more tragedies from happening again.
Dislikes: Almost everything, especially humans in general.
How long they have been living in the streets: 14, after he avenged his parents and his brother died.
Image:
4d58b3ba147d5.jpg

He walked quietly, looking to the front distracted, thinking. He had to find a source of food as his last meal was yesterday in the morning, and that rabbit wasn't a lot he could retain in his large body. In the city it was hard to find anything without having to buy it, or steal it, and he wasn't one to do that.

Just then he heard a faint scream at his side, a large alley running to a dark end blocked with a wall. A figure standing near a wall. Saigo narrowed his eyes annoyed knowing what it meant. He couldnt help it, he had this impulse to kill that bastard. Walking right towards him passive and quiet, he reached a couple of feet away from him to be detected by the thief. He saw something shining at the level of his waist, a gun. How typical. His eyes looked down at the body of a female bleeding against a trashcan, her purse emptied as her stuff were dispersed on the ground. His heart filled with hate as he glanced evilly at the man. The human took a step back intimidated by his red eyes, pointing the gun at Saigo ready to shot. With a quick movement he stepped forward to the left and elbowed the man's last ribs, breaking them easily. Rolling to his back, Saigo took his neck inside his arm and started pressing his throat to break his cervical vertebrae until he heard the shotgun he was expecting at some time. His lower right side started to felt wet and warm with the new injury. With an annoyed huff, he pulled the man's head back and rotated his arm to finally break his neck, letting the body fall heavily to the ground.

He opened his gabardine and looked at his abdomen, the white bandages starting to turn red with his own blood. Great... Just what he needed. Sighing, he knew that as soon the adrenaline would left his body he would start feeling a deep pain. Looking down at the corpse, he doubted if to take the money he stole to who knows how much people, but now he needed some medical stuff and the food and water he was craving since yerateday. Kneeling down, he emptied the man and started walking out of the alley to a drugstore. After buying alcohol, tweezers, gauze, antibiotics, and drinkable serum, he walked to a closer alley, suddenly starting to feel the pain and exhaustion of the lost of blood. He placed his back against the wall and slid down to the ground sighing. He stared at the graffiti on the wall in front of him, wondering what was the whole point to survive.

(Ah!! Darn it! Wrong name!!! I knew that it was going to happen too!)
Ever was leaning against a wall, fiddling with her ring absentmindedly. She jumped slightly as the boy came back and slipped her ring back into her pocket. She smiled shyly and shook his hand tentatively.
“Evangeline Grace, um, girl who is really bad at being a runaway?” She said, pulling her hand back and pulling her coat tighter around her. The light chill had settled into her bones, causing her to shiver slightly. Ever gave Ignatius a curious look. “I have a question. Why did you help me? You could have easily let him arrest me, or drag me to the police station yourself. Why didn't you?”

Well, he was right. He said something about chocolate, too. I opened my pocket, and sure enough, there was a square of dark chocolate. I popped it into my mouth. Well, next time I see him, I'll come. It's not like I have anything to lose.

Name: Zoey Reid
Looks: Skinny and not really tall, wich allow her to be agile and fast. She's always wearing her black hoodie and shorts.

87e1ebb93d1ac3743e504c3a9fed314a.jpg
Personality: She's not easy to break, and it's usually in a good mood in spite of everything she has to deal with. Even though events taught her not to trust anyone, Zoey still has faith in people and it's always trying to help. She's also proud and won't take money out of pity.
Reason for being on the streets: She never knew her mother and her father was a marine, who died on duty. When this happened, she was sent to an orphanage, which wasn't a really nice place. One day, one of the night guards tried to abuse on her, but she fought back and ended killing him. She escaped the place after what she have done, changed her name, and started living on the street.
Likes: Animals, drawing, listening to music, being in company
Dislikes: Being alone, people who pity her.
How long they have been living in the streets: 1 year
Extra:
- Her father taught her how to defend herself, so she's pretty good fighting back. She's always carrying a knife.
- She's always carrying a notebook and a few pencils, sometimes she's even able to sell her drawings, but of course she doesn't make enough money to maintain herself. She also likes to make graffitis.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Zoey was resting in the deep darkness of an alley, when someone approached staggering. The stranger sat in the floor, staring at the wall. He was surely wounded. She went close to him, cautiously, until she saw all the blood he was losing. That guy looked threatening, even in that state, but she would help him anyways. He had a big wound on his abdomen, and the blood was dripping faster and faster.
"Oh my god" she muttered, quickly getting by his side. "Let me help you." Told him asking with her arm for the bag he was carrying, it seemed that he had bought everything he needed to cure himself. But she doubted he could do it properly by his own. "I know a thing or two about first aids."

Saigo was starting to fall asleep, if he did, he would probably die from a bleed out. He had to focus and at least cover the wound with dirt. He tried to move but he felt tired as ever. Just then he saw someone at his side, quickly he tried to stand again thinking it was another thief or even a friend of the one he just killed, but he stumbled back to the wall and fell to the ground again. Thankfully she didn't seemed to be a threat. His red eyes looked at her still tensed, his muscled clenched with the pain.

It wasn't the first time he was shot, but this one appeared to have trespassed an organ with the quantity of blood lost, maybe a kidney due to the area. He didn't spoke or attempted to move again, just unclenched his hand from the bag with all the medical stuff for her to take it. He wasn't used to receive any kind of help, at the contrary. Still, he tried to relax and leaned his head backwards against the wall.

CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

Ignatius bowed mockingly. "Pleasure to meet you, Evangeline Grace. Got a name that isn't such a mouthful?" he grinned at her, then shook his head. "Kidding, kidding. Evangeline's a very nice name." He noticed that she wrapped her coat tighter around her slender frame, and he gestured to her to follow him as he answered her question.

"Why did I help you? I don't really know, actually. Seems like everything I do these days is on a whim. I guess I don't like seeing innocent people getting the blame for things they didn't do." He looked up at the sky for a moment, gazing at the tiny pinpricks of light in the indigo expanse. "My parents used to blame things on me all the time. The family debt. My mother's sickness. My grandmother's death. The lack of food. I was five and I never stopped hating them. After they died... well, I was free. I recognized you from the papers and I think I understood how it felt to want to run away from your family. Even though I know running away doesn't do anything. But I figured you didn't want to go back, and besides, that cop was probably gonna throw you in prison without a second thought. There's probably a lot of reasons why I helped you, but the only one that really pops out is 'I felt like it.' Hope that's okay with you. Oh, and by the way, you're welcome to stay the night."

They were in a different part of town now, a part that was slightly less poor and shady, but the buildings and shops still reeked of neglect and mildew. The clock tower that doubled as an old church stood tall, towering above the rest of the shops and houses, though it was also crippled by time. Heading inside, Ignatius opened a trapdoor hidden beneath the altar, revealing a set of stairs. "The clergyman here is actually in on our secret," he grinned. "He was my old friend's brother, and he hasn't told anyone about this place." The stairs led to a warm room in the church's basement, and passing through a fake wall, Ignatius emerged into the room which he had called home for many years now. It was of reasonable size for several people to live and sleep in, and there were actual beds arranged around the room. There was a fireplace in the corner that contained glowing embers and spent ashes, and in the adjoining closet, canned foods, loaves of bread, fruits and vegetables, and even a smoked ham sat on the shelves, a treasure trove waiting to be shared and eaten. And the most valuable thing of all: a safe. It contained the last of Navis's treasure, things that he had not dared to part with, as well as a slowly diminishing supply of money. Ignatius would rather die than part with the code.

"See?" he said, laughing and gesturing to the room with open arms. "A home. My home. And yours, too, if you choose to stay."

Zoey smiled at him, trying to look comforting. She took the bag with the things he bought and started to examinate the wound. He was shot, and the bullet was still inside. She sighed, she had taken care of wounds before, but she had never removed a bullet. She thought about calling an ambulance, but he would probably be already dead when they arrived. Besides, he probably got himself into something illegal, and she wouldn't do him any favour by delivering him in.
She took everything out the bag and looked at it. While she figure out what to do, she used some gauzes to stop the bleeding a little bit. She took one of the strangers arm and put it in the wound to make pressure. Zoey also made him take some drinkable serum, he will certainty need that. She took the tweezers and sighed once again.
"Ok, this will be painful" she warned giving him a piece of clothes from her bag, so that he could grab, or bite, or whatever to make the situation more bearable.
She removed his hand from the wound together with the gauze and started digging in the wound for the bullet with the tweezers. Surprisingly, she found it quiet fast, but he lost plenty of blood in the process. After it, she spattered the wounded area with alcohol, and as she didn't exactly know how much was enough, she used all of it. Finally, she pressed the wound with the gauzes and tied it with a pretty tight bandage.

Last edited:
His eyes examined her, looking at her actions, her expressions. It seamed she wasn't used to take care of injuries, at least not like this one. Still, he let her figure it out, there wasn't any more harm she could make now. He noticed she was young, at least 5 years younger than him, possible more. He loved his hand willingly when she took it and applied pressure with his own force. She gave him the serum and he had to removed the bandages covering his jaws. He wasn't used to uncover his face in front of anyone, but right now it didn't really matter. After he let the bandages fall down his chest, he took the serum and drank some. He wasn't thirsty or hungry anymore.

When she told him it was going to hurt he almost chuckled, he was used to that. He frowned when she gave him the piece of fabric. He took it politely but wondered what she was expecting him to do with that. She started searching for the bullet and he had to clench his jaws to not make a sound. The pain running all the way up his torso. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, almost wanting to loose conscious to stop feeling pain. Then, the worst came. She used the alcohol and he let out a long growl between his clenched jaws, his hands closed in fists with force and then he got what was the piece of cloth for. The burning feeling didn't seemed to stop, it was like she was using the entire bottle for the wound.

Opening his eyes again, he saw what he thought, an empty bottle. There was no need for that and he couldn't help but chuckle even with the harsh pain still over him. He relaxed very slowly, the muscles on his abdomen still tensed. His eyes were passive thou, red but not threatening. He looked at her as she finished, making a tight bandage to keep the wound close. "Thank you..." He said simply, his voice strong but tired.

“Wow.” Ever breathed, looking around the room with a growing smile. “This is amazing!”
Her gaze immediately was drawn to the food that she could see through an ajar door, but she controlled herself from going to it. Her shivering was soon gone, the warmth of the room taking the uncomfortable cold away. She turned back to Ignatius, with a more sober expression.
“I’m really sorry about your family. I-I’ve never had to deal with anything like that, so it’s hard for me to imagine what it was like. I lived a very…sheltered life. Everything was given to me on a silver platter, but I knew that there had to be something more than that. When the marriage was planned, I knew that I had to leave…and then…” She trailed off, lost in thought for a moment. Once she snapped back to reality, she coughed and shook her head. “Sorry. I get lost in my own mind sometimes. But thank you, so much. For everything.”

She answered at him with a smile. It seemed that she did it quiet well, and she was sure that he would survive. At that moment, the young girl realized that he had red eyes. Maybe that was why he seemed so threatening, but he didn't give her that feeling anymore.
"You should take this" told him handing him the antibiotics, together with a bottled water of hers. "And, I'm not sure, but you probably need stitches and maybe even blood transfusions, so if you want me to call an ambulance, just tell me" added pointlessly, he was surely rejecting her offer. Anyways, she relaxed and sat next to him. He looked tough, he was of that kind that won't be taken out by a simple bullet. He barely made a sound while she treated his wound.
Zoey rested her back against the wall and washed the blood on her hands with another of her bottles of water. After it, she just looked at him sideways, with curiosity.

He took the antibiotics quietly and drank a few of them with the serum of his. He didn't want to use her water as he could see she like him, a rogue. He took the rest of the medicine and gave it to her along with her bottle of water. "Take them. You may need this one day." He said simply. He wasn't one to smile much but that didn't mean he was always angry or sad. Saigo glanced at her with her propose but he shook his head slightly. "I'm okay. I'm used to this and I can't afford a hospital."

He was slightly surprised when she sat at his side. Why? Enough people avoided his presence due to his appearance and even reputation in some places. She didn't seemed to care about that. Or he looked more weak that. What he thought. A ghost of a smile passed thought his lips as he glanced at her washing her hands. He closed his gaberdine to not have the look of blood so freely soaking his bandages and relaxed against the wall with a long sigh. Taking another sip of the serum he offered some to her. It didn't have a great flavor but it would help with some nutrition. The least he could do after she helped him was offer her anything helpful. "I'm Saigo..."

She took the medicine and the bottle of water and put them into her backpack, just to save them.
"Thank you, but you'll be taking another dosis in a few hours" she told him, without giving him much of a choice. A wound like that without medication would. make him get a really high fever. She saw the surprising look in his face after she accomodated next to him. It seemed that he wasn't really use to have company.
Zoey took a little gulp of his serum just to accept his offer, and thanked him with a smile.
"I'm Zoey, nice to meet you Saigo. May I ask how did you end up in a dark alley with a bullet wound, where the only thing keeping you from bleeding was a terribly improvised nurse?" she asked him, with a funny smile. "Or maybe you can rest a little and tell me tomorrow." Added, realizing that it was probably not a good idea to keep him up, talking.

He narrowed his eyes slightly at her words. She was really worrying about him? Someone she didn't know at all? Interesting... And he thought he already saw everything in this filthy world he lived in. It seemed there were still a few surprised for him. Strangely he didn't mind, something about her made him relax.

Zoey, that was a pretty name, one he would remember as he believed they would part different ways as always happened. He kept quiet for a moment when she asked him about the reason of his state. He wondered how was she going to react after he would tell her. He wasn't one to lie either and if he didn't replied she would get more curious. Sighing softly, he laid his hand over his would still hurting. "I killed a thief that just murdered a woman to steal her purse. Before I broke his neck he shot me. Their bodies are two alleys away from here, I doubt someone would find them before the rats will."

She couldn't hide the surprise on her face when he told him what had happened. She was expecting something much worse, but he actually got hurt making a good thing to the world.
"I'm so sorry for that woman, then. But I'm glad you are not a scum." she sincearly told him. "It's not that I thought you were one" she quickly added. "But, you know, when you see a strange man that has been shot walking into a lonely alley, you expect the worst."

He kept his eyes on her, expecting her expression, and it was nothing as he expected. He didn't know why he was caring for what she thought of him when he never gave a crap about others believes and opinions. When she told him he wasn't a scum he smiled slightly. "Don't worry, I understand. Anyone would think that. I was surprised that you actually dared to help me while expecting the worse. What if I would have a gun and shot you to steal the little you have? People here, most if then, are like that. You have to be more careful." Okay, this was new... He wasn't caring about her thoughts but also for her sake now. Maybe he did lost a lot of blood, this wasn't himself.

He sighed and rubbed his face slightly. "What are you doing here? And BTW... Now I remember. You are not a terrible nurse, you actually surprised me. And again, thank you." He looked at her in the eyes with sincere words.

CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

His face widened into a genuine smile when he heard the awe in her voice. "You... You really think so?" He allowed the hope to shine through in his eyes for a moment, and then he blinked and the pure light was gone, replaced by a dim but warm glow. "I've never had anyone tell me that before. Then again, I haven't had many people visit either."

He followed her gaze and realized that she was looking at the food supply. "Oh, where are my manners? Take a seat anywhere. Sorry we don't have real chairs... You'll have to make do with a bed." He rushed over to the supply closet and grabbed a couple slices of bread, cheese, and an apple, offering it to Evangeline before he strode off to boil water for tea. Setting the kettle of water over the fire, he smiled and sat down opposite her.

"Nah, you don't have to apologize for my family. I'm glad they didn't take care of me... if they had, then I wouldn't have learned how to be a thief and climb roofs and all that good stuff." He chuckled quietly, shedding his great coat to reveal a wiry and muscular frame under a skintight tunic of all black with a belt equipped with all kinds of tools. "In my profession," he explained, "you need to pretty much be prepared for any situation. And then there's the fact that I climb rooftops, so I've got to wear clothes like this that don't limit movement."

She offered him a warm smile when he gave him that advice.
"I know about that, but I actually had little to lose. And, in the other hand, I had the chance to help, or even save, someone, which is a pretty big thing to me. I just don't see the point in living in fear and not taking chances. Besides, I could have easily taken you down and use your gun against you." told him, obviously joking about the last part of it. She was good at defending herself, but probably not against someone as Saigo.
A little laugh escaped from her when he told her that she wasn't a terrible nurse. "I'm glad to hear that, and you are very welcome. What am I doing here? I don't know, I guess this is my temporary humble home. It's not much, but, you know, I have a pretty comfortable corner over there."

He smiled slightly when she jokes about take him down. He didn't had a gun but a very shark and well cared Japanese sword at his waist. But who knew? Maybe he was underestimating her in that aspect and she had a trick under her sleeve.

When she spoke about her temporary house, he frowned. He knew she didn't have something to call home, but he never stood in one place, especially not an alley to call it home. "You should stay in a single place. Move. Walk. Even the park is a more suitable place than these. Where I killed that thief, it could have been this alley, with you. Alleys aren the worst places to stay for long periods of time."

"I've been watching this place for a couple of days and it was pretty inactive, so I just came in for a few nights. So I call "home" where I stay longer than 48 hours, but I'm not thinking in staying in this depressing place for much longer. Yes, you are more than right about the park thing, but I just hate public places, where people goes by watching and judging you, or maybe even throwing at you 10 cents, feeling so generous because they are "helping" a miserable homeless." answered him, getting a little angry as long as she talked, but she stoped and relaxed once again. "I'm just out of ideas of places to sleep." finally concluded.

He rested his eyes on her as she spoke. He could notice her anger rising so easily by her tone of voice. "Then move... Just that. Keep moving, be a nomad. When you need to sleep just search for a natural area and rest under a tree or even over one on a thick branch. How old are you? If I may ask?" He glanced at her curious. He knew what she was passing now, but it seamed she haven't been a lot of time in the streets. He was starting to feel sleepy, Maybe he needed some rest speaking of which... But as he told her, he wasn't going to rest on a place like this. Those days were long gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.