Life On The Sreet

Status
Not open for further replies.
His red eyes watched her, his breathing long and forced. "Its not because I care, but because you may get hurt." He said simply, a part of him glad she was willing to stop just because it was important to him. He felt her hands soft against his hot skin. It relaxed him that her hands were colder than his face. He was getting tired of that headache of his. He nodded and sighed as he stood up again, walking to the wall besides the door to sit there and lay against the wall. He started removing all the bandages from his neck, chest, and abdomen until they were all gone. His body was well toned and filled with several scars of all sizes and forms. A big tattoo marking the left half of his frame and then going in spiral down his left arm reaching his hand. The wound was bleeding again, staining his abdomen to his black pants. He sighed and looked at her with a slight smile so she wouldn't be so worried.

Ever made a face at the obvious lie, but didn't press it further. He had his secrets, and she had hers. She caughy the orange and peeled it, popping pieces of the fruit into her mouth. She took a moment to appreciate the lighting, awe written all over her face. As soon as the word training was mentioned, she nodded eagerly. After eating a few more pieces of the fruit, Ever was full. It was still wierd eating something that wasn't old, and was actually a whole piece. She quickly pulled her hair back into a ponytail and looked at him expectanty. "Where do we start?"

It kind of surprised her his answer. She followed him against the wall and watched him remove his bandages. Hundreds of different scars all over his body. Zoey couldn't even imagine everything he had lived through. The wound was starting to look less terrible now that she had glanced his past. She saw his smile, and it took her back to the present. She smiled back.

"Nice tattoo" she limited to say, apreciating it for a second. She took everything that she had bought, or stolen, and thought about what to do. "Well, you certainly need stitches. I think that I can do that... I mean, I've never actually did it, but I watched a lot of videos about it, back when I had a laptop." she warned him. "Oh, I brought you this, I thought you could use it." Added, taking the bottle of vodka out of a bag. "I'm not much of a drinker, but I heard It helps with pain. I know you can handle it, but maybe it could make it a little more bearable." explained, shruging.

Last edited:
CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

He smiled at her enthusiasm, glad she didn't press the matter of the bruises any further, and pointed at the ground. "Basic fitness, first. All that crap that the rich people learn in their gyms? Yeah, it's not all crap, actually. But we're going to build up your muscle day by day until you're strong enough to support your own weight. Then we'll work on footwork and balance. After that, self-defense. And before you start picking fights, which I highly doubt you'll do anyway, I'm going to tell you that you better run at the first sign of danger. Never fight if you can help it." His eyes narrowed, remembering the woman who had watched him from the shadows when she thought he was unaware. "Stupid of her, really," he thought, "I'd never let my guard down, especially in front of a murderer like her."

"Of course, I'll be teaching you to pickpocket and steal the entire time we're training you physically. I'll need to teach you how to distract someone the right way. Look here." He pulled a coin out of his pocket. "Here, hold it tightly," he said, placing the coin in her palm and curling her fingers around it as his other hand reached lightly into her pocket at felt for the ring he saw her playing with yesterday. With a grin, he pulled it out, slipping it into his own pocket as he said, "Good. Open your hand. Coin still there? Yeah? Guess what isn't?" He pulled out the ring and brandished it to her, replacing the coin in her hand with the small token he'd taken from her.

"That's how you do it," he said, nodding slightly. "Granted, it takes a lot of practice, but you'll be able to get it down in no time. Last thing. I don't have many rules. In fact, I usually make them up as I go." He shrugged. "But if there's one thing I live by, it's that you never, ever kill. Ever. No matter if you're getting beaten to death and you know you could kill the person in the blink of an eye. You never kill. It is never worth it. Now, on the ground. Fifty pushups and forty situps. This will be your warm-up, though we'll go easy for the first week while you recover from starving."

I smirk I knew he had seen me theives like him never let their guard down... but I simply was too slippery to find... let alone confront. He was a fool to think that I was foolish enough to think he never saw me. He simply didn't have the skills nor patience to do anything about me. Theives like him only thought about feeding themselves.

He looked at her and nodded gratefully. "Thank you. And don't worry. I trust you. Just imagine you are sewing a sock." He smiled hoping he could make her relax as it was possible she was nervous. His expression changed when she took out the vodka. Did she buy... No... She surely stole it. A vodka was something expensive, and when he saw it was Smirnoff he knew it was a good brand. For a second he thought it was for her, and he was just about to speak with her, but then he heard it was for him. A part of her was right, alcohol did helped as it numbed the senses and broke the nervous connections. But it wasn't as fast as it was needed. He took the bottle and read the label. "Thank you Zoey... But we would have to wait at least an hour for the effects to take place. I can endure some pain for now." He didn't want to ignore her efforts for getting it for him, so he should at least try it. "I will have a drink later, after we eat." That's right... He didn't eat since yesterday. It was a bad idea to drink now. "Have you drank before?" He was curious about it. She was a bit young but he started drinking at that age exactly. Not that he got drunk but as any other he had his days.

She couldn't help to smile back, he was offering her many more smiles than before, so she considered it as a good sign. "Oh, ok" she answered, not caring at all about him rejecting her offer, but kind of disappointed that it wouldn't work.
She took the medicinal alcohol and put some on the wound, it didn't look as dirty as it did yesterday, so she just used a small quantity. She then started talking, hoping that it would distract him a little. "Not really. It never seemed as a good idea to be drunk and alone, in the streets." she answered, and took a pause to disinfect the needle and join it with the thread. Zoey got closer to him, in order to have a better look at his wound, and started the sewing. It wasn't a nice feeling to put a needle into his flesh and seeing how the blood started to descend. "I did, however, tasted a little once. I was at an orphanage, with something like 15 years old, and a bunch of foolish kids had stolen some bottles from the ones that were taking care of us." kept telling, even though it wasn't a great story, it may distracted him while she kept sewing his abdomen. "So they gave me a glass of a horrible who-knows-what, which I immediately spitted out. The others did swallowed it, together with many more glasses, and most of them threw it out later. They just looked pathethic. And, of course, they had to clean it later. So I'm glad it tasted awful." concluded, while she finished the last of the stitches. She sighed, washed it with alcohol once again, and started bandagind his wound.

Ever was amazed at the pick pocketing that he did, immediately getting excited about that part of her training. She understood his rule of 'no killing,' honestly because she would never be able to take a life, no matter how much training she got. When he said the number of push-ups and sit-ups that he was going to have her do, she gave him a very long look.

"As soon as I have enough money, I'm buying you a dictionary. So that you can understand the meaning of the word 'going easy.'" Ever declared, shaking her head. Never the less, she got down on the floor and put her hands in front of her. She took a moment to take in a deep breath before she started on the push-ups. She hadn't done anything his physical in a while and she also hadn't been properly nourished, so it wasn't surprising that sweat was starting to bead on her forehead, and her body was shaking from the effort. Even though her body was screaming at her to stop, she pushed through the pain and continued with the pushups. When she finally reached fifty, her arms gave out from underneath her and she moaned into the floor. "Please tell me this gets easier eventually."

Ignatius watched her huff and puff through all fifty push-ups, then laughed as she collapsed onto the floor. "Yeah, it gets a lot easier," he said, picking up the exhausted girl, carrying her over and setting her on one of the beds.

"Good job, really," he said, tossing her a bottle of water and a stale energy bar, the last in his stockpile. "Honestly, I didn't know if you were going to make it through all those push-ups. You're stronger than you look. You feel the pain in your arms? Yeah. You're building muscles. We gotta build endurance, too, so I need you to run. I'll run with you, of course. But before that, I gotta tell you something else." Ignatius took out another square of chocolate and toyed with it before popping it into his mouth.

"The people you have to fear the most in this city aren't the police. You have to fear the people who are in the same situation as is. They're way more desperate and way more willing to kill. There's a woman who's been lurking around me for a while now... she's a murderer. And she enjoys it. I'm not sure who she is, really, but she's on the same athletic level as me, except she's willing to use it to kill. I think you might have already seen her. Just stay the hell away from her."

With that, he beckoned to her, sliding her one of the shoes in a box near the door. "These ought to fit," he said. "We don't have anything new, unfortunately. This pair's been worn at least ten times by ten different kids. But at least they're broken in. Come on. Let's go for a jog."

He clenched his jaws when she poured alcohol again over the wound; that always made it burn like hell. He listened to her. Focused on her words. He was glad she didn't like the idea of being drunk. He was drunk once, really drunk. Some days after his brother died he couldn't bare it anymore and just stole a bottle to finish it alone. Worse idea ever. He ended up throwing up several times, fell asleep on a bus, then woke up still over it and the bus riding all around the city until someone saw him and the cops came. He had a hangover of hell for two days.

He felt the needle the first time and how the cord slid through his skin to then pull it closed. Then the pain numbed the entire area and he didn't felt everything so specifically. He moved his eyes away from the wound and focused on her. It calmed him that she didn't liked the taste of it, whatever it was. Alcohol just served to kill microbes, drinking it killed cells and dignity at the same time. Speaking if which, he didn't felt the second time she poured alcohol. He looked at the stitches and they looked excellent. Looking back at her he nodded gratefully. "Thank you, Zoey."

He glanced at the other things she bought. She was probably hungry as well. Taking the bad with the food, he stood up again helping himself with the wall and started walking to the center where they slept. Taking his gabardine, he put it on to not be so naked around her and sat down. "Come on... I still own you that lunch." He smiled and opened a sandwich to then hand it to her, taking one for him.

I chuckle at his words as I listen into their conversation from outside near the window...looks like the big man is learning some proper manners... let's hope the new little pest will follow his example I think to myself before vanishing into the crowd, already headed to my next spot.

Ever took a long swing of water and bit off of piece of the energy bar. Yes, it was stale, but it still gave her some of her strength back. She nodded when he warned her about the murderer, noting to keep an eye out from now on. She did not need any more trouble then she already had to deal with.

"Ugh. More exercise?" She groaned, slipping out of her old flats and sliding the new shoes on. They were a little bit big, but they would definitely be easier to run in than her old ballerina flats. She stood up, moving her feet around experimentally before grinning. They were ten times more comfortable. "Maybe it won't be so bad. Where are we jogging to?"

"You are welcome, Saigo" answered him, happy for doing it at least decently. She followed him and realized how hungry she was the second he took the sandwiches out. Zoey sat next to him and took the food, thanking him. That moment was... just perfect. She had food, a great company and an amazing view. What else could she ask for? Of course, it didn't take her too long to finish her meal, but the situation was still perfect.
"Dessert?" asked him, after they had both finished their food. She handed him one of the chocolates and opened hers. She wanted to make him a lot of questions, there were many things about him that really intrigued her. His scars, for example, or why did he hide his face. But she ended up asking something that seemed more important to her.
"What will happen when you are completely cured and won't need me anymore?" released, looking at him curiously. She really enjoyed his company, but Saigo looked more as a lonely person, and she understood that. Anyways, she just wanted to know.

"Yep. More exercise. This is pretty much how it's gonna be every day," he told her, pulling on his boots. "I'm used to running in these. And I never wear anything else, so..." he explained. "Basically, we're going to run until I say we stop. I won't let you run to death, don't worry. I just want to measure your endurance for now."

Stepping outside into the morning sunlight, the air was crisp and clean. Ignatius left the church through a side door and broke into a steady jog, watching Ever closely. "If you feel sick or like you're going to collapse or something like that, say something, alright?"

I watch them exit there little hide out and start jogging I was perched in the shadows up on a tall buildings roof completely hidden from view. I chuckle as I watch them how naive could one boy be... oh well he'll learn soon enough. But first that girl would need to be taken care of... at least for some while...killing her was of no interest to me... at present.

Ever nodded and smiled at him, determined to be able to jog for a while. She smiled as the morning sun shone down on them as they jogged. The cool air felt good in her lungs and she took careful breaths. The jogging wasn't too bad yet, considering that she had actually had food and a decent amount of sleep. As they jogged, Ever couldn't shake the feeling that they were being watched. She tried to push the thought to the back of her mind and focus on running, but it kept coming back. After a while, her bones started to ache and her lungs started to feel more pressure, but she was set on keeping up with Ignatius so she pushed herself to stay beside him.

I keep to the shadows up on roofs of tall buildings following them and remaining undetectable. I suppress a sneer as I see the discomfort on the girls face.

Nate was still sitting at his original perch, his stomach growing ever more hungry.

*Maybe I should go no- So they've come out.* He thought as he watched the girl from the window and her companion; a guy; exit the building and break into a brisk run. "Let's see where this leads shall we?" he mused to a pigeon landed near him. "Upsey-daisy" Nate said as he climbed to the roof and began running parallel to the girl and her companion. The boy was fast enough, and seemed to have good endurance and strength about him, the girl however, was not so strong...

Nate vaulted a sign and cleared the gap between one building and another hitting the roof running, his eyes not leaving the two in the streets. *I wonder what that one girl was doing, listening in on their conversation or something... She was so close to their window it's the only possible thing she could have been doing.* he thought as he once again cleared a gap between two buildings. "I wonder if she's that killer, the beautiful one they talk about sometimes in the bars. The psycho..." He said aloud his mind wandering. Nate snapped back into reality and found himself at the edge of this building with more momentum than he thought he had and too big a gap to clear, "NO NO NO" he said as he went barreling over the edge.

*I guess this is it... It wasn't what I wanted but I guess it works...* Nate thought remorsefully. THUD. "Huh?" Nate quickly looked around and found he was sprawled out on a fire escape of the far building. "This works too!" Nate yelled, happy to still be breathing. He quickly rose to his feet wincing at a pain in his shoulder. He then returned to trying to find the two running as he scaled the fire-escape to the rooftop.

I see Nate following them as well on the parallel side of the street. I almost laugh aloud as he falls from the building and keep following them. Stupid boy I think to myself.

He finished his own slowly, enjoying its taste. He usually hunted some animals or collected fruits from trees. He almost never buyed food, so now he liked to enjoy the difference of it. After he finished, he looked at the chocolate and took it thankfully. He stared at it for some time, smiling slightly to himself. He couldn't remember when was the last time he ate one of those. He opened it like it it meant much more than a candy, a memory, a past, a good one. With the first bite, he smiled. He almost forgot the taste of that. He continued to eat it very slowly, planning to leave more than half of it for the future.

Then, her question took him back to reality, one that worried him. He put his hand with the chocolate down and looked at her softly, even surprised with her last words. Did she really thought he was there just because he needed her services? "Zoey... I didn't stay because I need you, but..." He sighed and rubbed his neck trying to choose his words. "I actually have been asking myself that since I woke up... What to do next." He had been alone for 12 hears now. It was weird to think in a different life, with someone at his side. He had been avoiding anyone to create a bond with because he couldn't bare the idea to suffer again a lost of someone he cared. He looked down, fighting with his own believes. He was no good for her. He was a killer, always looking out for his own self. But he hated the idea to leave her on her own luck. A big part of him wanted to stay close and protect her, the other small part told him to just go. Follow his own rules and leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.